PDA

View Full Version : Demand respect!!

SouthernEagle02
December 14th, 2006, 05:08 PM
We (all of us fans of our respective FCS school) need to demand some freaking respect!!
Why is OUR national championship game on a Friday night?
Why is the only press I've read nothing more than a two sentence blurb right below a half page article about the Papa John's bowl?
Why does that moron on ESPN Gameday think he can talk down to the FCS?
And why do we allow ESPN to control when OUR game is played?
We need to start demanding respect!!

I like the idea of all fans of I-AA showing up, but I'll go one futher. I think all the I-AA conferences should pony up some cash and have a big fan fare type deal (I'm think along the lines of the SEC fan fare) in the pavillion before the game. Kiddie games, merchandise, etc etc. I don't know. Everytime I've been there I just see so much potential to make a great product and venue even better.

bcrawf
December 14th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Let me use the Missouri Valley as an example, other MVC schools can back me up on this.

The only way to get respect is to consistently go out and beat teams that have the big names. That is how the Valley got respect.

Unfortunately with FCS football we are never going to be able to do that. I know we have a great product and I love watching it, but it is a different level than the FBS. Scholarships are not equal, attendance is nowhere near what it is in the FBS.

In the end, we need to be happy with what we have. The national media is never going to acknowledge what we have so there is no use dwelling on it. FCS is special because of fans like us and it always will be no matter how much national media attention we get...

CCU97
December 14th, 2006, 06:43 PM
I like the idea of all fans of I-AA showing up, but I'll go one futher. I think all the I-AA conferences should pony up some cash and have a big fan fare type deal (I'm think along the lines of the SEC fan fare) in the pavillion before the game. Kiddie games, merchandise, etc etc. I don't know. Everytime I've been there I just see so much potential to make a great product and venue even better.

The problem with that idea is that not all conferences who are IAA partcipate in the playoffs...Ivy...not all conferences can get a team into the conference...NEC & PFL....you would be stretching it to get money from any of these three conferences as well as some of the HBCU conferences who participate in bowl games instead of playoffs....

The only conferences that would be willing to give money regularly would be the eight autobid conferences....other than that...explain why a conference would be willing to give the money and have no chance of a a team playing or any real chance at even having one in the playoffs?

It would be great if you could get all conferences to agree....I think something needs to be done....maybe FCS should pony up the money from the funds they get from host schools....just a thought....but you would find most conferences shy about giving money for something they wouldn't get much return on.....