PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota State Dilemma

UNHWildCats
December 14th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Are there any scenrios Friday nite that would result in you casting your final #1 vote of the year for North Dakota State?

For me if ASU wins a game in which they play trully horrible or Massachusetts doesnt win decidingly I will give long thought to voting North Dakota State #1

lizrdgizrd
December 14th, 2006, 03:17 PM
I think if both teams suddenly and inexplicably disappear then NDSU would be a good pick for #1.

eaglesrthe1
December 14th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Though it's not the fault of NDSU, they will not have had to run the juggernaut of the playoffs. They wouldn't have the resume to warrant the #1 spot, IMO.

Four wins in a row against the best competition in the FCS is too big of an achievement to discount.

14-1 > 10-1

Go Bison
December 14th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Are there any scenrios Friday nite that would result in you casting your final #1 vote of the year for North Dakota State?

For me if ASU wins a game in which they play trully horrible or Massachusetts doesnt win decidingly I will give long thought to voting North Dakota State #1

As a Bison fan, I say NDSU should finish at 3 or 4. I don't think NDSU should finish #1, that should go to whomever wins on Friday night. NDSU had a great team in 2006 but the season is over and we look forward to another great year in 2007 and the playoffs in 2008. I would rather see NDSU in the Gateway conference than voted #1 in the final poll. Bring on the competition!

DrG
December 14th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Uh, don't we have a playoff system to determine the champion on the field, or am I missing something? :confused:

GrizFoo
December 14th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Only a fool would, after the playoffs, vote NDSU #1. Both ASU and UMass have proved, at least to me, to be easy #1 and #2 for the FCS.

A vote for NDSU as #1 from anyone would turn the FCS in to the FBS, at least in that voters mind. Why bother with the playoffs at all?

I definately feel for NDSU and their fans, because their is a possibility they could be playing this week. But we will never know. For all we know they could have lost in the first round. And that is exactly why the playoffs are so great. Anyone can be beat or upset.

Congrats to NDSU on a great season. Next year is your last year...I think...of having to go thru this. Stay strong.

UNHWildCats
December 14th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Uh, don't we have a playoff system to determine the champion on the field, or am I missing something? :confused:

Yes but there is still a final poll with no obligation to vote the winner #1 in the final poll.

Aside from that, IF someone feels that NDSU could have won had they been eligible for the playoffs and a team that wins the playoffs struggles while winning why couldnt some people choose to bypass that team and place there vote for NDSU?

Go Bison
December 14th, 2006, 03:25 PM

I find it funny that there are two treads on where NDSU should end up but they are not started by Bison fans. The polls are for BS football, for CS football there are the playoffs.

DrG
December 14th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Yes but there is still a final poll with no obligation to vote the winner #1 in the final poll.

Aside from that, IF someone feels that NDSU could have won had they been eligible for the playoffs and a team that wins the playoffs struggles while winning why couldnt some people choose to bypass that team and place there vote for NDSU?
Well, then either we shouldn't have a championship game, or we shouldn't have a final poll.

RabidRabbit
December 14th, 2006, 03:30 PM
I find it funny that there are two treads on where NDSU should end up but they are not started by Bison fans. The polls are for BS football, for CS football there are the playoffs.

To quote Sambini (a frequent Bison poster at Bisonville)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

UNHWildCats
December 14th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Well, then either we shouldn't have a championship game, or we shouldn't have a final poll.

I dont think there should be a poll after the regular season..but since there is

eaglesrthe1
December 14th, 2006, 03:39 PM

Well, by all means, don't let what happens on the field interfere with the way that you FEEL!:eyebrow:

FargoBison
December 14th, 2006, 03:40 PM
I will put NDSU at 2 or 3 depending on how the title game goes, if one team gets crushed and plays horrible I will most likely vote NDSU in at 2 but I am expecting a close game so it looks like NDSU will #3.

That said if NDSU would have beaten Minnesota this dilema would be a much more interesting one.

appfan2008
December 14th, 2006, 03:52 PM
ASU vs. UMass is the national title game
winner should be/will be #1 while loser should/will be #2
simple as that
I dont think anyone would vote NDSU #1 except for a few fans
NDSU should definately be 3 or 4 depending how you few about them and Montana

GaSouthern
December 14th, 2006, 03:52 PM
NDSU IMO should be #2 unless the game is REALLY close then they should be #3 IMHO.

I plan to vote next year.

BrevardMountaineer03
December 14th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I don't really see this as a dilema, NDSU had a great season, but rules are rules and they weren't allowed in the tournament. I think ASU and UMass are top 2, then the question should be if Montana is #3 or #4, most people believe that NDSU should be ahead of YSU, due to number of losses. I could see arguments for NDSU to be anywhere from 3-5, but I don't see them getting higher then 3 or lower then 5. Only reason I say 5 is YSU had to beat 2 top 20 teams to make the Semis. Just my opinion.

blueballs
December 14th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Whoever wins tomorrow night will be a deserving champion having survived the playoff format and should be recognized as such with no debate.

With that having been said and recognized, I saw ASU and NDSU on the same field against the same competition in person (vs. GSU) and while ASU may have well had a flat performance there is no doubt in my mind NDSU is 10 points better on a neutral field.

IMO NDSU is the best visiting team to walk on the field at Paulson since the 2001 Furman squad that was NC runnerup, who BTW I feel would defeat either team in this year's NC title game- but that's another debate for another day.

cosmo here
December 14th, 2006, 04:27 PM

of course they could have won, so could Montana, Youngstown State, James Madison and a couple others that you might want to throw in . . but they didn't. it's very difficult to say that a team would have done until they actually do it, and unfortunately NDSU didn't have that opportunity this year.

lizrdgizrd
December 14th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Whoever wins tomorrow night will be a deserving champion having survived the playoff format and should be recognized as such with no debate.

With that having been said and recognized, I saw ASU and NDSU on the same field against the same competition in person (vs. GSU) and while ASU may have well had a flat performance there is no doubt in my mind NDSU is 10 points better on a neutral field.

IMO NDSU is the best visiting team to walk on the field at Paulson since the 2001 Furman squad that was NC runnerup, who BTW I feel would defeat either team in this year's NC title game- but that's another debate for another day.
Of course, we'll ignore the fact that ASU-GSU is a heated rivalry and any win at Paulson is going to be dearly bought by a SoCon opponent.

UNHWildCats
December 14th, 2006, 04:42 PM
of course they could have won, so could Montana, Youngstown State, James Madison and a couple others that you might want to throw in . . but they didn't. it's very difficult to say that a team would have done until they actually do it, and unfortunately NDSU didn't have that opportunity this year.

They had there chance to win, North Dakota State was left out cause of ridiculous rules.

lizrdgizrd
December 14th, 2006, 04:46 PM
They had there chance to win, North Dakota State was left out cause of ridiculous rules.
So NDSU didn't get a chance to prove they are #1. They'll have it next year. The NC winner deserves the #1 spot. period.

MplsBison
December 14th, 2006, 05:38 PM
They wouldn't have the resume to warrant the #1 spot, IMO.

No doubt about that!

Playing non-ASU SoCon teams was not the way to prove yourself this year!

RabidRabbit
December 14th, 2006, 05:44 PM
So NDSU didn't get a chance to prove they are #1. They'll have it next year. The NC winner deserves the #1 spot. period.

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: 2008 before this misery ends for Jacks/Bison :bawling: :bawling: : smh : : smh :

eaglesrthe1
December 14th, 2006, 08:55 PM
No doubt about that!

Playing non-ASU SoCon teams was not the way to prove yourself this year!

No argument here.

carney2
December 14th, 2006, 09:09 PM
I think maybe if a comet were to miraculously wipe out the teams from ASU, UMass, Montana, YSU and maybe 3 or 4 others, then... - what the hell, I'd still vote for one of the aforementioned, posthumously. Are you nuts?!!!

LeopardFan04
December 14th, 2006, 09:17 PM
I look at it this way:

ASU has beaten Coastal Carolina, Montana St., and Youngstown St.
UMass has beaten Lafayette, UNH, and Montana
One of them will have won the last 4 weeks in a row...
NDSU hasn't played (of course only due to the transition rules)

So the ASU/UMass winner will have beaten 4 playoff teams in a row...

So to me this 14-1 record with all of these quality wins trumps NDSU's 10-1...again, the team had no control over it this year...but still...the winner of the game will be my #1...

appfan2008
December 14th, 2006, 09:32 PM
There is no doubt the winner should be number one, I dont think anyone debating that except UNHwildcats man come on we know whoever wins tomorrow deserves it hands down

89Hen
December 14th, 2006, 09:33 PM
No.

UMass922
December 14th, 2006, 09:49 PM

Why not have a final poll? The game decides the champion, so the polls are completely harmless, innocent fun. I see no harm done in speculating where NDSU would stack up among the playoff teams, and the final poll is an opportunity to do that. NDSU could be a unanimous #1 in the final polls (not that it will happen anyway), and the winner of the UMass-ASU would still be the champion. So it's nothing to worry about.

No_Skill
December 14th, 2006, 09:59 PM
NDSU hasn't played a game in weeks. Out of site, out of mind.

That said, they should finnish in the 3 spot. Not sure on the final GPI. :confused:

thmst30
December 14th, 2006, 10:11 PM
No way they should be #1. Top 5 definitely, top 3 maybe. They gotta play just a very slightly tougher schedule.

08/31 Concordia-St. P (5-6) W 66-7
09/16 N'eastern (5-6) W 23-10
09/23 at Ball St (5-7) W 29-24
09/30 at S F Austin (4-7) W 17-9
10/07 at G Southern (3-8) W 34-14
10/14 MVSU (6-5) W 45-0
10/21 at Minnesota (6-6) L 10-9
10/28 at S Utah (3-8) W 31-7
11/04 at UC Davis (6-5) W 28-24
11/11 Cal Poly (7-4) W 51-14
11/18 S Dakota St (7-4) W 41-28

No_Skill
December 14th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Got any open dates next year?...we've got some holes to fill. :rotateh:

RabidRabbit
December 14th, 2006, 10:24 PM
No way they should be #1. Top 5 definitely, top 3 maybe. They gotta play a slightly tougher schedule.

10/14 MVSU (6-5) W 45-0

On a play-off eligible squad, being undefeated in the toughest conference, playiing two BCS games and only getting two tough home games (Poly & SDSU) and eight different conferences would be enough. NDSU didn't have that opportunity. Even if they had gone 11-0 there would be a call to not rate them #1. We're in the CS, not the BS, so the championship of the CS will be won on the field, and it doesn't matter what the pollsters, or computers decide. Are they #2, 3, 4, 5, 6 now the pollster have to make choices. The AGS poll discussion does a good job of reviewing where NDSU fits. Each voter will have to do as done all season, review all the information available and reach decisions.:twocents:

X-Factor
December 14th, 2006, 11:39 PM
No way they should be #1. Top 5 definitely, top 3 maybe. They gotta play just a very slightly tougher schedule.

10/14 MVSU (6-5) W 45-0

With Montana State backing out of their trip to the Fargodome, we only have 3 home games for next year at this point (2 conference and SFA). Our problem is finding teams with enough balls to play us. Big Sky has shown they wont return games, the Gateway claims their conference is too tough to play us for OOC, the A-10 and Southern claim travel is to much (less GSU, very happy this game was scheduled). that leaves us with the Southland and apparently they don't help much with SOS. The Great West just doesn't have enough teams!

eaglesrthe1
December 15th, 2006, 11:58 AM
With Montana State backing out of their trip to the Fargodome, we only have 3 home games for next year at this point (2 conference and SFA). Our problem is finding teams with enough balls to play us. Big Sky has shown they wont return games, the Gateway claims their conference is too tough to play us for OOC, the A-10 and Southern claim travel is to much (less GSU, very happy this game was scheduled). that leaves us with the Southland and apparently they don't help much with SOS. The Great West just doesn't have enough teams!

Most GSU fans are extremely unhappy that this game was scheduled.

Go Bison
December 15th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Most GSU fans are extremely unhappy that this game was scheduled.

Why is that?

eaglesrthe1
December 15th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Why is that?
Distance, name recognition, location, and NDSU being a transition school from div II.

I'm not trying to discount NDSU, but with all things considered, GSU fans want the long distance games to be in more tourist destination spots, and against teams with more name recognition.

McNeese/New Orleans, U of Delaware/Washington to New York corridor, Montana/Yellowstone are teams that were mentioned that GSU has some playoff history coupled with exciting/interesting locations to make a week long vacation out of the trip.

GannonFan
December 15th, 2006, 12:48 PM
No.
Uh-oh, 89 and me are going to disagree. :eek: Hey, I may be crazy, but I had NDSU above UMass and below Appy St going into the playoffs. If Appy St wins I'm clearly voting them #1. However, if UMass wins, it's going to depend on how they win before I put them over NDSU. A win where UMass does little but has Appy St fall apart for them could be the one scenario. I doubt it'll come to that and it's very likely I'll vote UMass #1 if they win, but the potential is there. I'm not depriving them of the national title (since the NCAA gives that out) so I don't see how voting so would make us anything like the BCS. And besides, consider it a protest vote against the NCAA for having such a stupid rule as they have that's keeping NDSU unfairly ineligible for the playoffs until 2008 - a rule with no real clear purpose isn't going to trump my vote. :thumbsup: :nono: :thumbsup:

No_Skill
December 15th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Uh-oh, 89 and me are going to disagree. :eek: Hey, I may be crazy, but I had NDSU above UMass and below Appy St going into the playoffs. If Appy St wins I'm clearly voting them #1. However, if UMass wins, it's going to depend on how they win before I put them over NDSU. A win where UMass does little but has Appy St fall apart for them could be the one scenario. I doubt it'll come to that and it's very likely I'll vote UMass #1 if they win, but the potential is there. I'm not depriving them of the national title (since the NCAA gives that out) so I don't see how voting so would make us anything like the BCS. And besides, consider it a protest vote against the NCAA for having such a stupid rule as they have that's keeping NDSU unfairly ineligible for the playoffs until 2008 - a rule with no real clear purpose isn't going to trump my vote. :thumbsup: :nono: :thumbsup:

I like how you think. :thumbsup:

lizrdgizrd
December 15th, 2006, 12:59 PM
If you're going to make this a protest vote, then make it a protest vote. Don't punk out. Vote NDSU as #1 if you're trying to stir up controversy over the transition rules. Stand up for your convictions don't wuss-out and put conditions on your vote. :nono:

Go Bison
December 15th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Distance, name recognition, location, and NDSU being a transition school from div II.

I'm not trying to discount NDSU, but with all things considered, GSU fans want the long distance games to be in more tourist destination spots, and against teams with more name recognition.

McNeese/New Orleans, U of Delaware/Washington to New York corridor, Montana/Yellowstone are teams that were mentioned that GSU has some playoff history coupled with exciting/interesting locations to make a week long vacation out of the trip.

How about playing a quality top 5 football team at their house? I would think if people are football fans that should be considered.

GannonFan
December 15th, 2006, 01:42 PM
If you're going to make this a protest vote, then make it a protest vote. Don't punk out. Vote NDSU as #1 if you're trying to stir up controversy over the transition rules. Stand up for your convictions don't wuss-out and put conditions on your vote. :nono:

My convictions are just fine, thank you very much. I don't see any punking out - just as in the regular season if UMass does something to impress me enough then I'll move them ahead. Appy St winning and being #1 would be logical as well. Those aren't conditions, those are realities to me. If I vote NDSU #1 it will really be because I think them to be better than Appy St or UMass - the protest is a nice outcome of that, nothing more. To me, that's staying true as a voter.

bkrownd
December 15th, 2006, 01:54 PM

The playoffs only create a tournament champion, which is not necessarily the #1 Big Slobber'n Dog Best-In-The-Land team.

eaglesrthe1
December 15th, 2006, 02:19 PM
The playoffs only create a tournament champion, which is not necessarily the #1 Big Slobber'n Dog Best-In-The-Land team.
Yeah, we should rely on a poll to do that!xlolx xidiotx

BisonBacker
December 15th, 2006, 02:57 PM
I like how the talk of Strength of schedule keeps coming up but the teams who are rated in the top 25 don't seem to want to play NDSU. You can't have your cake and eat it too guy's if your going to smack NDSU's schedule yet AD's like Montana States pull the **** they did how do you blame NDSU and their AD for the schedule that's put together? I've heard all the BS about $$$$ being the reason or wanting to go to places where you have this or that but isn't this about a football game? You would think that watching a quality football game with good teams means something but apparently people are more interested in scenery and shopping and god knows what else and to hell with the football game that's just an after thought. For those of you with that mentality go watch the dam shopping channel and travel channel and quit talking about strength of schedule.

bkrownd
December 15th, 2006, 02:59 PM
BisonBacker, FYI: Jim Beam is not for breakfast.

blueballs
December 15th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Of course, we'll ignore the fact that ASU-GSU is a heated rivalry and any win at Paulson is going to be dearly bought by a SoCon opponent.

No argument there, and it was GSU's homecoming and a last stand of sorts for GSU's playoff chances in 2006.

I'm not saying ASU couldn't defeat NDSU, obviously ASU is a championship caliber team and if they win tonight deserves historical recognition with the truly elite runs like EKU, GSU, YSU, Montana, Marshall put together. What I'm trying to say (very poorly I may add) is that I think NDSU was the smartest, strongest, most balanced team I saw this year.

ASU is faster that NDSU at more positions, but IMO that would be the only advantage I would give them in a hypothetical matchup. Whether that would be enough to prevail, who knows? Makes for good internet chatter while we wait for the REAL championship tilt tonight though.

BTW, good luck to our SoCon brethren tonight. I wish Umass well too, I don't really care who wins as much as I want a good show and a good showing for the nat'l TV audience because that benefits all of us.

BisonBacker
December 15th, 2006, 04:17 PM
BisonBacker, FYI: Jim Beam is not for breakfast.
Maybe that's your diet but not mine. You want to argue strength of schedule get your AD to schedule NDSU, for the fans of good teams with an open date get an email or phone call to your ad and tell them you'd like to see NDSU on your schedule. I realize that's not realistic for the most part but I see you didn't bother to repsond to my comments except with smack. Care to comment

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2006, 04:22 PM

Go to Minneapolis(Big City), Duluth MN(Lake Superior), Winnipeg Canada, all within 3-4 hours of Fargo. Most of the hotels in Fargo have casino's if you are into gambling. I have been on vacation to Georgia, Florida, North Carolin and I wouldn't say there is more to do in there than the upper midwest. Open you minds and take in a different culture. If you need some help finding something to do, let me know what your are looking for and I'll send you a list.

Tailbone
December 15th, 2006, 05:22 PM
It's the Christmas season, time for reflection and flights of fancy.
There appears to be no shortage of fantasy amongst Bison fans.

The NDSU football program is a great program and has (historically) been for a long time, this year's team appears to be very good but, to credit them with being better than the majority of the play-off field is ridiculous - they haven't proved it against the play-off field.

Some Bison fans accuse play-off teams of "avoiding them out of fear", another absurd allegation when considered against the fact that many of the play-off teams have scheduled 1A teams.....some, even top 20 BCS teams.

I understand and sympathize with the frustration Bison fans must feel at being excluded from post-season festivities, particularly when this team - as many Bison fans feel - might be (and is certainly one of) the best they have ever fielded. But, to suggest that everyone perceives them to be so far superior to the rest of the FCS that no wants to play them..........is beyond ridiculous.

NDSU deserves recognition for their success against their schedule, nothing less.......and nothing more.

Flights of fancy are one thing, absurd self-delusion is quite another.

Bison05
December 15th, 2006, 07:54 PM
It's the Christmas season, time for reflection and flights of fancy.
There appears to be no shortage of fantasy amongst Bison fans.

The NDSU football program is a great program and has (historically) been for a long time, this year's team appears to be very good but, to credit them with being better than the majority of the play-off field is ridiculous - they haven't proved it against the play-off field.

Some Bison fans accuse play-off teams of "avoiding them out of fear", another absurd allegation when considered against the fact that many of the play-off teams have scheduled 1A teams.....some, even top 20 BCS teams.

I understand and sympathize with the frustration Bison fans must feel at being excluded from post-season festivities, particularly when this team - as many Bison fans feel - might be (and is certainly one of) the best they have ever fielded. But, to suggest that everyone perceives them to be so far superior to the rest of the FCS that no wants to play them..........is beyond ridiculous.

NDSU deserves recognition for their success against their schedule, nothing less.......and nothing more.

Flights of fancy are one thing, absurd self-delusion is quite another.
After having reread this entire thread, I did not see one Bison poster saying the the Bison should be #1, nor did I see any Bison saying other teams were afraid to play us. Maybe you need to actually read what was posted before you chastise us about going on a flight of fancy.:nono: xidiotx

Tailbone
December 15th, 2006, 08:21 PM
After having reread this entire thread, I did not see one Bison poster saying the the Bison should be #1, nor did I see any Bison saying other teams were afraid to play us. Maybe you need to actually read what was posted before you chastise us about going on a flight of fancy.:nono: xidiotx

No? This is pretty close.

I like how the talk of Strength of schedule keeps coming up but the teams who are rated in the top 25 don't seem to want to play NDSU.

And while there may be questionable direct reference in this thread, there are plenty of others where the statement is explicitly made, rather than implied. Do a search on NDSU and read it for yourself.

Bison05
December 15th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Yes and there all over a month old. And even then it was a minority of Bison fans.

Lionsrking
December 15th, 2006, 10:41 PM
If I'm voting in a poll on who I think the best team is, I'd vote for North Dakota State, but Appalachian State is still the rightful champion because they went through the process and earned it on the field. It's not always about who the "best" team is, it's about crowning a CHAMPION which is different in my mind.

UNHWildCats
December 15th, 2006, 10:56 PM
my final top 5 will prolly be

1. Appalachian State
2. North Dakota State
3. Massachusetts
4. Montana
5. New Hampshire

chiapet9
December 15th, 2006, 11:15 PM
my final top 5 will prolly be

1. Appalachian State
2. North Dakota State
3. Massachusetts
4. Montana
5. New Hampshire

UNH has no business in the top 5. YSU deserves that spot....as much as i hate to say that...they made the semifinals...not UNH

Tailbone
December 15th, 2006, 11:32 PM
The bowl system will never be replaced by play-offs.

It is far too fun to engage in "fantasy football", where speculative ranking is preferred to on-field results.
There appears to be little respect paid to those teams who earned their way into the post season, little respect paid to those teams who advanced beyond the first round, and only grudging acceptance of the FCS champion (our champion, decided on the field) as the best team in the FCS.

What hypocrisy, to rail against the BCS system for its formal yet arbitrary homage to little more than opinion, then to informally (yet as equally arbitrarily) reward those who did not participate in the gauntlet with speculatively placing them above those who did.

On the one hand, you bandy about such high sounding concepts as "strength of schedule", and "proving it on the field" - then on the other hand, award a top 5 placement to NDSU who hasn't played a single play-off team.

What a joke.
Don't wonder why the FCS isn't taken seriously (relatively speaking) when we ourselves are guilty of no less.

Oh yeah.....USD and NDSU would've rolled you :rolleyes:

Mountaineer
December 15th, 2006, 11:33 PM

It is far too fun to engage in "fantasy football", where speculative ranking is preferred to on-field results.
There appears to be little respect paid to those teams who earned their way into the post season, little respect piad to those teams who advanced beyond the first round, and only grudging acceptance of the FCS champion (Our Champion, decided on the field) as the best team in the FCS.

What hypocrisy, to rail against the BCS system for its formal yet arbitrary homage to little more than opinion, then to informally (yet as equally arbitrarily) reward those who did not participate in the gauntlet with speculatively placing them above those who did.

On the one hand, you bandy about such high sounding concepts as "strength of schedule" - then on the other hand, award a top 5 placement to NDSU who hasn't played a single play-off team.

What a joke.
Don't wonder why the FCS isn't taken seriously (relatively speaking) when we ourselves are guilty of no less.

:nod: :bow: :nod: :bow: :nod: :bow:

Tailbone
December 15th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Congrats App fans.
Despite what some might believe, you are the best in 2006.
You proved it on the field and that's good enough for me.

FargoBison
December 15th, 2006, 11:57 PM

There appears to be little respect paid to those teams who earned their way into the post season, little respect paid to those teams who advanced beyond the first round, and only grudging acceptance of the FCS champion (our champion, decided on the field) as the best team in the FCS.

On the one hand, you bandy about such high sounding concepts as "strength of schedule", and "proving it on the field" - then on the other hand, award a top 5 placement to NDSU who hasn't played a single play-off team.

What a joke.

NDSU was 10-1 and had an amazing year, they weren't awarded nothing they earned that top 5 ranking they will get in my poll. You don't need the playoffs to earn the respect of being a great team but you do need it to determine who is the best team. Its the only fair way to do things and it is the only format I will ever support as the right way to crown who really is the best. That is why there was never a doubt in my mind that I would vote whoever won in Chatty #1 in my poll after that its all speculation as to who fits where.

My Final Top 5(Previous Rank)
1.App St(1)
2.UMASS(4)
3.NDSU(2)
4.Montana(3)
5.YSU(5)

Tailbone
December 16th, 2006, 01:10 AM
NDSU was 10-1 and had an amazing year, they weren't awarded nothing they earned that top 5 ranking they will get in my poll. You don't need the playoffs to earn the respect of being a great team but you do need it to determine who is the best team. Its the only fair way to do things and it is the only format I will ever support as the right way to crown who really is the best. That is why there was never a doubt in my mind that I would vote whoever won in Chatty #1 in my poll after that its all speculation as to who fits where.

My Final Top 5(Previous Rank)
1.App St(1)
2.UMASS(4)
3.NDSU(2)
4.Montana(3)
5.YSU(5)

Boise State was 12-0 and had an amazing year, they weren't awarded nothing they earned that top 5 ranking they will get in my poll. You don't need a win in the Fiesta Bowl to earn the respect of being a great team but you do need it to determine who is the best team. Its the right way to crown who really is the best. That is why there was never a doubt in my mind that I would vote whoever won in Tempe #1 in my poll after that its all speculation as to who fits where.

My Final Top 5
1.Ohio State
2.Boise State
3.Florida
4.Michigan
5.LSU
6.Louisville

See that's the neat thing about speculation in lieu of performance based results. I can make Boise State the second best team in the country and, as unrealistic as it might be, my opinion is unassailable since I'll never have to prove anything and you can't prove otherwise.

Go Broncs ( I really think they are #1 but the politically correct ranking is less due to the fact that the winner of the Fiesta Bowl is the defacto champ.) :rolleyes:

No_Skill
December 16th, 2006, 01:13 AM

What a joke.

Oh yeah.....USD and NDSU would've rolled you :rolleyes:

So...are you saying that NDSU shouldn't be in the top 16 in the final poll?

Tailbone
December 16th, 2006, 01:46 AM
So...are you saying that NDSU shouldn't be in the top 16 in the final poll?

Nope.

In my opinion NDSU would have been in the play-offs were it not for transition rules, I think that they deserve to be ranked no worse than 16th.
Given that their record was worthy of a seed, I'd give them a first round home win, that makes them no worse than 8th. (see caveats below)
I think that they would also win a second round game but hesitate to "give" them that one. I think the top 5% of FCS teams deserves the courtesy of proof.

Don't you?

Caveats: Even a first round home game for a highly ranked (and top seeded) team is no guarantee. In the last 4 years, NAU has knocked off top ranked McNeese (at McNeese) and Eastern Washington beat an SIU team (at SIU) considered untouchable by many. NAU and EWU were given virtually no chance to win, yet provided examples of just why it is wrong to give ranking based on assumption.
Despite how it might appear, I have nothing but the greatest respect and admiration for the NDSU program.....I do however, resent attempts to undermine the integrity of the play-off system. I feel that previous posters were doing just that!

No_Skill
December 16th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Nope.

In my opinion NDSU would have been in the play-offs were it not for transition rules, I think that they deserve to be ranked no worse than 16th.
Given that their record was worthy of a seed, I'd give them a first round home win, that makes them no worse than 8th. (see caveats below)
I think that they would also win a second round game but hesitate to "give" them that one. I think the top 5% of FCS teams deserves the courtesy of proof.

Don't you?

Caveats: Even a first round home game for a highly ranked (and top seeded) team is no guarantee. In the last 4 years, NAU has knocked off top ranked McNeese (at McNeese) and Eastern Washington beat an SIU team (at SIU) considered untouchable by many. NAU and EWU were given virtually no chance to win, yet provided examples of just why it is wrong to give ranking based on assumption.
Despite how it might appear, I have nothing but the greatest respect and admiration for the NDSU program.....I do however, resent attempts to undermine the integrity of the play-off system. I feel that previous posters were doing just that!

The polls have nothing to do with the National Champion. I don't think that placing NDSU in the top 2 or 3 would be undermining the playoff system in any way.

This is a very unique situation that will likely never again happen. Can you think of another situation where a top team in the regular season would not have been allowed in the playoffs?

I can't say NDSU would have definatley been playing yesterday if they were in the playoffs, but from what I saw yesterday, I know they could hang with App St.

Tailbone
December 16th, 2006, 12:26 PM
The polls have nothing to do with the National Champion. I don't think that placing NDSU in the top 2 or 3 would be undermining the playoff system in any way.

Some might argue that polls have nothing to do with the National Champion yet there are those (Lionsrking) who despite the evidence on the field would award the NC to a non-participant except that "by agreement" the winner in Chatty will be awarded that distinction. (that's undeniably BCS thinking)
You don't think that matters? Tell it to Auburn ( a bridesmaid, a few years ago, despite an undefeated season. Tell it to USC, left out of the big game in favor of LSU - followed by 2 national championships)

This is a very unique situation that will likely never again happen. Can you think of another situation where a top team in the regular season would not have been allowed in the playoffs?

Unique situation, yes. The first time we have an opportunity to really stand by our guns and support the play-off system, our system, we start with the BCS bs.
I imagine, in retrospect, that SIU and McNeese would prefer the results of public opinion to the reality of the play-offs, as they would each have a ring they currently are without.

I can't say NDSU would have definatley been playing yesterday if they were in the playoffs, but from what I saw yesterday, I know they could hang with App St.

I've no doubt that 3-4 other teams (fans) feel the same way.

No_Skill
December 16th, 2006, 01:01 PM
When does the last poll come out? Tuesday?

nlwwln
December 16th, 2006, 02:51 PM
so I dont really know much about this North Dakota State football team that everyone is raving about. What do they got and why are they so good? Is it cause they have players that wouldnt be eligable at 1aa and went d2 just to get on the field and now they are at 1aa? I wish this team would have has a chance in the offs.

AZBison
December 17th, 2006, 02:13 AM
so I dont really know much about this North Dakota State football team that everyone is raving about. What do they got and why are they so good? Is it cause they have players that wouldnt be eligable at 1aa and went d2 just to get on the field and now they are at 1aa? I wish this team would have has a chance in the offs.

Sorry to bump this yall but I figured I could respond to this one post.

NDSU previously had been one of the most dominant teams that DII has ever seen with regards to football. After getting jobbed by the rest of DII they finally made the decision to move to DI. This is our 3rd year (right???) in DI and we will be eligible for championships in 2008. By virtue of this being our 3rd year there are few DII guys left. that is why we are able to compete on such a level. Most of our guys come from Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Wisconsin and Illinois. Our motto is "Bring on the competition"

I cannot wait for a chance to prove ourselves on the field, but I'll have to wait a little while for that to happen, until then we (most of us) will respect the hierarchy of CS football.

JBB
December 17th, 2006, 11:22 AM
I looked the NDSU/ASU stats over and came to a similar conclusion as an earlier poster, NDSU by 10. After looking at Fridays Game stats I dont know any more. Appy had 285 yds rushing! Apparently a team that rises to the occasion. Average stats arent the way to go with that team. You have to look at their best games, like Friday Night.

I have to say Appy is the champion on the field and should be #1 in the final poll as well. They did everything they had to do to win it all. Even to a pollster that has to mean something? NDSU was good and certainly a top 10 team, but even I couldnt vote them #1.

ndsubison
December 17th, 2006, 09:07 PM
I looked the NDSU/ASU stats over and came to a similar conclusion as an earlier poster, NDSU by 10. After looking at Fridays Game stats I dont know any more. Appy had 285 yds rushing! Apparently a team that rises to the occasion. Average stats arent the way to go with that team. You have to look at their best games, like Friday Night.

I have to say Appy is the champion on the field and should be #1 in the final poll as well. They did everything they had to do to win it all. Even to a pollster that has to mean something? NDSU was good and certainly a top 10 team, but even I couldnt vote them #1.

This whole scenario is bull**** for 2006. App St was crowned on the field, and rightfully so. They are this year's true #1. To speculate is an insult to App State and, for that matter, UMass. Do I think that NDSU would give App a good game, hell yeah I do. I even think that NDSU is a better team than App this year, but it doesn't matter. Appalachian State is the 2006 National Champions and that is the bottom line. Why don't the NDSU folks abandon this "discussion" until 2008 when the Bison are playoff eligible, when it matters. Hell, NDSU might go 5-6 and not even MAKE the playoffs in 2008. It's all heresay and conjecture. It's bull****. Congrats to App State for another NC. You deserve it and I hope someday that my Bison can meet you on the field.:thumbsup:

th0m
December 17th, 2006, 09:11 PM
I'll be glad when the NDSU probation (is that the correct word for it?) is lifted and we can stop this speculation and let it all happen on the field.

ndsubison
December 17th, 2006, 09:30 PM

The Bison of North Dakota STATE own 8 National Championships in DII football. We won 5 NC's in 7 years and were runners-up in the other two. The previous 3 NC's were prior to that. We become provisional members DI 2004, the year we went out to Missoula and beat the Grizzlies with 36 scholarships. We went 10-1 this year with our only loss being a 10-9 decision to the University of Minnesota Gophers on a last-second blocked kick. Notable victories for 2006 were: Ga Southern, Cal Poly, UC-Davis, (I-A)Ball State, Stephen F. Austin and South Dakota State. We won the Great West Football Conference, which ended up ranked the strongest conference in the country, according to RPI. The NDSU Bison have only lost once to Big Sky Conference teams in the last 3 yrs. We are undefeated against Southland Conference teams in the past 3 yrs, with victories over Nichols State (twice), SFA, NW State (twice). We are currently 0-1 against Gateway Conference teams, with loss coming to Southern Illinois in 2005 by a score of 9-7. That is the best preview I can give you. For more info, visit bisonville.com Peace.

GO BISON!!
Can't Wait 'til 2008

ndsubison
December 17th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I'll be glad when the NDSU probation (is that the correct word for it?) is lifted and we can stop this speculation and let it all happen on the field.

I couldn't agree more. ***** all the talk until 2008. If the Bison make the playoffs, I hope to see your team down the road. Peace.:hurray:

AmsterBison
December 18th, 2006, 03:04 AM

You and every Bison fan on the planet.

boonegoon
December 18th, 2006, 09:05 AM
NDSU previously had been one of the most dominant teams that DII has ever seen with regards to football. After getting jobbed by the rest of DII they finally made the decision to move to DI. This is our 3rd year (right???) in DI and we will be eligible for championships in 2008. By virtue of this being our 3rd year there are few DII guys left. that is why we are able to compete on such a level. Most of our guys come from Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Wisconsin and Illinois. Our motto is "Bring on the competition"

Just wondering on how did NDSu get "jobbed" by division II ?

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2006, 09:25 AM
You and every Bison fan on the planet.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :thumbsup:

December 18th, 2006, 10:21 AM
so I dont really know much about this North Dakota State football team that everyone is raving about. What do they got and why are they so good?Thu 8/31/2006 Conc-St Paul at North Dakota St; North Dakota St 66-7
Sat 9/16/2006 Northeastern at North Dakota St; North Dakota St 23-10
Sat 9/23/2006 North Dakota St at Ball State; North Dakota St 29-24
Sat 9/30/2006 North Dakota St at Stephen F. Austin; North Dakota St 17-9
Sat 10/7/2006 North Dakota St at Ga Southern; North Dakota St 34-14
Sat 10/14/2006 Miss Valley St at North Dakota St; North Dakota St 45-0
Sat 10/21/2006 North Dakota St at Minnesota; Minnesota 10-9
Sat 10/28/2006 North Dakota St at Southern Utah; North Dakota St 31-7
Sat 11/4/2006 North Dakota St at UC Davis; North Dakota St 28-24
Sat 11/11/2006 Cal Poly at North Dakota St; North Dakota St 51-14
Sat 11/18/2006 South Dakota St at North Dakota St; North Dakota St 41-28

As you can see, NDSU did not play or beat any of the 16 playoff teams.

Tailbone
December 18th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Thu 8/31/2006 Conc-St Paul at North Dakota St; North Dakota St 66-7
Sat 9/16/2006 Northeastern at North Dakota St; North Dakota St 23-10
Sat 9/23/2006 North Dakota St at Ball State; North Dakota St 29-24
Sat 9/30/2006 North Dakota St at Stephen F. Austin; North Dakota St 17-9
Sat 10/7/2006 North Dakota St at Ga Southern; North Dakota St 34-14
Sat 10/14/2006 Miss Valley St at North Dakota St; North Dakota St 45-0
Sat 10/21/2006 North Dakota St at Minnesota; Minnesota 10-9
Sat 10/28/2006 North Dakota St at Southern Utah; North Dakota St 31-7
Sat 11/4/2006 North Dakota St at UC Davis; North Dakota St 28-24
Sat 11/11/2006 Cal Poly at North Dakota St; North Dakota St 51-14
Sat 11/18/2006 South Dakota St at North Dakota St; North Dakota St 41-28

As you can see, NDSU did not play or beat any of the 16 playoff teams.

And yet, not only do they wish to be considered among the top programs in the FCS this year, there are those who will place (vote) them into the top 5.
Not saying they couldn't prove they belong there....just saying they didn't.

Bison05
December 18th, 2006, 12:20 PM
And yet, not only do they wish to be considered among the top programs in the FCS this year, there are those who will place (vote) them into the top 5.

And how do you suppose our administration was suppose to figure out who the 16 playoff teams were going to be. At the beginning of the season, TSN ranked our schedule as the 7th toughest in the nation. Our administration did everything in its power to make a tough schedule and we beat every team but a bowl-bound Big 10 team on a blocked FG. Your argument has got to be one of the most ridiculous I have ever seen. I would rather have a win over Cal Poly or SDSU, than a win over Mcnesse St, Lafayette(sp?), or EIU.

And in the past teams like Grambling have been ranked in the top 10 on the final poll without going to the playoffs, but NDSU isn't allowed the same consideration. I think some people are just upset that a new comer is showing that it can compete with the top teams in this subdivision.

Go Bison
December 18th, 2006, 12:24 PM

Pretty much every poll had NDSU at #4 before the playoffs started. So you must be saying every poll was wrong at that point. Where did you have them at before the playoffs?
Keep in mind the Great West was one of the best conferences for the year. If NDSU were eligible for playoffs I would guess they would have had the #4 seed with at least 1 home game if not two. It would be very tough for the lower seeds to beat NDSU in the Fargodome.

If you go back to the beginning of the year everyone said NDSU had a tough schedule. Now people say that their schedule was weak. Believe me, NDSU would love to play Montana, App State and the likes. However, you do need to have home games on the schedule. If you look at all the Great West teams they struggle getting teams to come play them.

lizrdgizrd
December 18th, 2006, 12:42 PM
If you go back to the beginning of the year everyone said NDSU had a tough schedule. Now people say that their schedule was weak. Believe me, NDSU would love to play Montana, App State and the likes. However, you do need to have home games on the schedule. If you look at all the Great West teams they struggle getting teams to come play them.
Do you think there is a way to solve this problem? Is it the travel time? The cost? Seriously, do you think it's possible that the NDSU admin can find a way to improve this situation for your team?

Tailbone
December 18th, 2006, 12:44 PM
And how do you suppose our administration was suppose to figure out who the 16 playoff teams were going to be.

It's not a matter of electing not to play teams in the play-offs, It's simply the fact that you didn't (play any of them). FWIW: the Bison may have contributed to that sad fact by eliminating teams that might otherwise have been there. that still doesn't change the fact that you did not play a single play-off team.

I think some people are just upset that a new comer is showing that it can compete with the top teams in this subdivision.

Why the h*ll should anyone be upset by that????
It's more that some (apparently many) are willing to forego the formality of the play-offs and award a top poll spot to a team that has not proved that they could beat any of the play-off participants.

The funny thing is, the arguments forwarded by Bison apologists are the same arguments we heard from USD fans (we didn't choose our schedule, we soundly beat all comers, etc.) Why should the argument be any more credible coming from Bison fans?

Tailbone
December 18th, 2006, 12:47 PM
...... It would be very tough for the lower seeds to beat NDSU in the Fargodome.

So thought the pundits of SIU in 2004.
So thought the pundits of McNeese in 2003.

History demonstrates the fallacy of idle speculation.

Bison05
December 18th, 2006, 01:01 PM
The funny thing is, the arguments forwarded by Bison apologists are the same arguments we heard from USD fans (we didn't choose our schedule, we soundly beat all comers, etc.) Why should the argument be any more credible coming from Bison fans?

No the difference is that at the beginning of the season everyone knew that USD's schedule was weak. Whereas the Bison scheduled looked murderous. Hindsight is 20/20, but NDSU at least tried to schedule good teams to play, while USD didn't.

Tailbone
December 18th, 2006, 01:11 PM
No the difference is that at the beginning of the season everyone knew that USD's schedule was weak. Whereas the Bison scheduled looked murderous. Hindsight is 20/20, but NDSU at least tried to schedule good teams to play, while USD didn't.

And NDSU deserves credit for that.
Still doesn't change the facts.
If everyone with good intentions was awarded a top 4 spot in the polls, there wouldn't be enough room.......or there'd be a 100 way tie for 2nd.

AZBison
December 18th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Just wondering on how did NDSu get "jobbed" by division
II ?
Long story short, the majority of teams in DII continued to cry for a lowering in the number of scholarships a that a team could have so as to even the playing field. This of course hurt a team like NDSU that had an amazing football program. As the number of scholies got lowered, more schools joined DII football and cried even louder to even the playing field to the point where DII football was no longer viable for the Bison.

X-Factor
December 18th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Do you think there is a way to solve this problem? Is it the travel time? The cost? Seriously, do you think it's possible that the NDSU admin can find a way to improve this situation for your team?

I think alot of it has to do with travel time/cost. NDSU is willing to go just about anywhere for games, but alot of teams get comfortable with their basement budget bus league and see a charter flight as unnecessary for out of conferance games. Of course I don't know for sure, but I would guess our program strength is starting to scare a few away just judging from some comments from a few Gateway team coaches that don't want us in the league. I would also imagine most teams feel they have a leg up when scheduling us because of our almost desperate need for games. Why would they travel to Fargo first when they can get us at home first? Of course we can't go on the road for every game we schedule. Hell, our SOS could have ended up alot worse in 2006 if UNI or EWU would have agreed to travel to the Fargodome instead of playing Minnesota for the cash$$.

The only solution I see is for the Bison to get a bid to the Gateway.

The Bison had 2 - 3 game road streches this year with 1 home game in between. Brutral. That needs to change, and a 5 team Great West doesn't help much.

RabidRabbit
December 18th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Or hang in there if the Gateway chooses to stay at 7, and become a strong 7 team conference in the GWFC. I-29, and Cal/UT conference. Oh, it beginning to look like NCCHristmas...... xlolx xlolx

lizrdgizrd
December 19th, 2006, 09:25 AM
I think alot of it has to do with travel time/cost. NDSU is willing to go just about anywhere for games, but alot of teams get comfortable with their basement budget bus league and see a charter flight as unnecessary for out of conferance games. Of course I don't know for sure, but I would guess our program strength is starting to scare a few away just judging from some comments from a few Gateway team coaches that don't want us in the league. I would also imagine most teams feel they have a leg up when scheduling us because of our almost desperate need for games. Why would they travel to Fargo first when they can get us at home first? Of course we can't go on the road for every game we schedule. Hell, our SOS could have ended up alot worse in 2006 if UNI or EWU would have agreed to travel to the Fargodome instead of playing Minnesota for the cash$$.

The only solution I see is for the Bison to get a bid to the Gateway.

The Bison had 2 - 3 game road streches this year with 1 home game in between. Brutral. That needs to change, and a 5 team Great West doesn't help much.
What chance do you see of increasing the number of GWFC teams? If you add the UXDs that would give you a 7 team conferece. What other teams would be likely candidates to fill out the GWFC more?

james_lawfirm
December 19th, 2006, 12:33 PM
This whole scenario is bull**** for 2006. App St was crowned on the field, and rightfully so. They are this year's true #1. To speculate is an insult to App State and, for that matter, UMass. Do I think that NDSU would give App a good game, hell yeah I do. I even think that NDSU is a better team than App this year, but it doesn't matter. Appalachian State is the 2006 National Champions and that is the bottom line. Why don't the NDSU folks abandon this "discussion" until 2008 when the Bison are playoff eligible, when it matters. Hell, NDSU might go 5-6 and not even MAKE the playoffs in 2008. It's all heresay and conjecture. It's bull****. Congrats to App State for another NC. You deserve it and I hope someday that my Bison can meet you on the field.:thumbsup:

Thanks, NDSUBISON. Have your AD call ours. I think we may be looking for a home & home starting next year. This would be a great game, although I know absolutely nothing about the Bison except what I have read here on AGS.

semobison
December 19th, 2006, 12:46 PM
YSU 38, UCD 24
NDSU 28 UCD 24

UMASS 7 NoEastern 0
NDSU 23 NoEastern 10

App. 27 GSU 20
NDSU 34 GSU 14

Montana 10 Cal Poly 9
NDSU 51 Cal Poly 9

By comparison scores we look like we could have done pretty well against the top 4. If you did not see NDSU play this year You missed seeing a great team! Its too bad the players didnt get the oppurtunity to play in the playoffs. Looking foreward to 08.

DinoDex200
December 19th, 2006, 01:17 PM
So, you're comparing UMass' performance in a blinding rainstorm against NE to your game against them? You're also comparing their game against a rival, whose coach they took 3 years ago.

Same scenario with App State...you are comparing their performance against a rival, who hadn't lost to App at home in 10 years. Completely different scenarios.

Don't get me wrong, I think you guys would have at least made the Quarters...but I don't think using head-to-head really ever offers a valid comparison.

lizrdgizrd
December 19th, 2006, 01:19 PM
So, you're comparing UMass' performance in a blinding rainstorm against NE to your game against them? You're also comparing their game against a rival, whose coach they took 3 years ago.

Same scenario with App State...you are comparing their performance against a rival, who hadn't lost to App at home in 10 years. Completely different scenarios.

Don't get me wrong, I think you guys would have at least made the Quarters...but I don't think using head-to-head really ever offers a valid comparison.
I think there's some room for using head-to-head to indicate that a team would be worthy of a game. I'd like to see that game, personally.

Cap'n Cat
December 19th, 2006, 01:25 PM
The ugly thing about NDSU is that, shortly after they become eligible (if not before), they will lose their coach to a BCS program.

Hope they don't become the Murray State of FCS, then.

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2006, 01:56 PM
The ugly thing about NDSU is that, shortly after they become eligible (if not before), they will lose their coach to a BCS program.

They said that about Darrell Mudra when NDSU had him. :D

james_lawfirm
December 19th, 2006, 03:26 PM
YSU 38, UCD 24
NDSU 28 UCD 24

UMASS 7 NoEastern 0
NDSU 23 NoEastern 10

App. 27 GSU 20
NDSU 34 GSU 14

Montana 10 Cal Poly 9
NDSU 51 Cal Poly 9

By comparison scores we look like we could have done pretty well against the top 4. If you did not see NDSU play this year You missed seeing a great team! Its too bad the players didnt get the oppurtunity to play in the playoffs. Looking foreward to 08.

Me too. But, I'll guarantee you all that what it looks like here "on paper" looks completely different from on the field. So, you had a bunch of common opponents as the other top four teams. Some teams play better against certain teams than others do. A comparison like the above is sort of like the old kid's game of "rock, paper, scissors." It don't work like that when it counts on the field.

Having said that, I welcome NDSU to the FCS and wish that they were eligible in '07. For that matter, I wish they could have played in the playoff this year just so we could skip this discussion. And, for the record, on paper, NCSU and ASU look like a good matchup. Have your AD call ours.

Go Bison
December 19th, 2006, 03:59 PM

We'll see Captain. NDSU has a proud tradition and even if their coach leaves I don't think their program will drop off.

Cap'n Cat
December 19th, 2006, 04:02 PM
We'll see Captain. NDSU has a proud tradition and even if their coach leaves I don't think their program will drop off.

You're right. And let's hope they stay up. We don't need another Indiana State in the Gateway.

:p :p :p :p :p

bcrawf
December 19th, 2006, 04:50 PM
We don't need another Indiana State in the Gateway.

AMEN TO THAT. I wish the InSU we have now would leave...:thumbsup:

Go Bison
December 20th, 2006, 08:51 AM
You're right. And let's hope they stay up. We don't need another Indiana State in the Gateway.

:p :p :p :p :p

Has Indiana State ever been good in football? NDSU has a strong tradition of winning football.