PDA

View Full Version : UNI now offering FCOA

clenz
January 12th, 2016, 05:43 PM
I knew it was coming, and this is a year earlier than I thought

No big announcement like USD but UNI football recruits are saying UNI offered scholarship plus FCOA

BisonFan02
January 12th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Panthernation must be a good read. Holier than thou? xlolx :D

clenz
January 12th, 2016, 05:51 PM
No idea.

Professor Chaos
January 12th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Time to kick UNI out of the MVFC too I guess. xrolleyesx

NoDak 4 Ever
January 12th, 2016, 06:38 PM

yeah, there definitely has to be a conference rule about FCOA.

Bisonator
January 12th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Exactly.xlolx

JayJ79
January 12th, 2016, 08:50 PM
yeah, there definitely has to be a conference rule about FCOA.

should be a FCS-level rule (similar to the 63 scholarship limit), really.
but seeing as that doesn't seem to be happening, schools are following suit in order to try to stay competitive recruiting-wise, even if it risks possible financial unsustainability.

UNI Pike
January 12th, 2016, 10:12 PM
Still not in favor of COAs in FCS

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Lehigh Football Nation
January 12th, 2016, 10:50 PM
should be a FCS-level rule (similar to the 63 scholarship limit), really.
but seeing as that doesn't seem to be happening, schools are following suit in order to try to stay competitive recruiting-wise, even if it risks possible financial unsustainability.

Conferences have been advised legally that they cannot force their constituents to limit FCOA at a conference level. It is a school-by-school decision.

JSUSoutherner
January 13th, 2016, 12:11 AM

*Kicks Austin Peay off a cliff, rolls out a purple carpet, and pulls out a briefcase full of money*

Good thing a spot in the OVC just opened up!

*Puts on fake, awkward, over-exaggerated smile and nods slowly*

clenz
January 13th, 2016, 06:12 AM
UNI would lose, on average, .4 conference games a year over the next decade

BisonBacker
January 13th, 2016, 06:59 AM
Panthernation must be a good read. Holier than thou? xlolx :DOh holy hell this X 1000

BisonBacker
January 13th, 2016, 07:03 AM
It's time we kick those bloody bastards out it's not fair

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8cyLbOHmzgg/TxxLlJUsG_I/AAAAAAAAEis/byecgcDhkSc/s640/angry+mob.png

Daytripper
January 13th, 2016, 07:27 AM
Somethings gotta give in FCS.

IBleedYellow
January 13th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Figured they would eventually.

Now then, are we sure we want to kick NDSU, SDSU and USD out of the Valley for offering FCOA?

Thundar
January 13th, 2016, 08:13 AM

Now then, are we sure we want to kick NDSU, SDSU and USD out of the Valley for offering FCOA?

Im sure they still do, they will find something

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 13th, 2016, 08:21 AM

SDSU is doing it also?

BisonBacker
January 13th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Here are some comments made by the UNI Buffoons that I couldn't let go without giving them a little crow.

Originally Posted by vbfan19 http://www.panthernation.com/images/pnation/viewpost.gif (http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?p=419999#post419999)
I really wish that the FCS (or at least the FCS conferences) would adopt a rule against CoA stipends for football. All other sports, fine. But the whole point of having a FCS/I-AA subdivision is cost containment, and allowing CoA stipends pretty much goes against that.

I'd rather see an even playing field across the subdivision in that regard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95UNIGRAD http://www.panthernation.com/images/pnation/viewpost.gif (http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?p=420003#post420003)
Agree completely. If a school is in a position to start doing that, they need to be going FBS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNIDebo http://www.panthernation.com/images/pnation/viewpost.gif (http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?p=420026#post420026)
How many FCS school will be willing / able to do this? A small hand full I would guess.

Boot them out of the conference make them go FBS independent and call it good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vbfan19 http://www.panthernation.com/images/pnation/viewpost.gif (http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?p=420029#post420029)
Nah, don't boot them out. Just have the conference adopt a rule disallowing CoA for football and give them the choice to either remain in the conference and comply, or head elsewhere.

I would have to think that the majority of the ADs/administrators in the conference aren't comfortable with the notion of having to come up with those kinds of funds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCPanther http://www.panthernation.com/images/pnation/viewpost.gif (http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?p=420033#post420033)
I'm actually kind of with you here. Us coming up with that money isn't feasible right now and if we can't do it, god knows nobody else can.

Tell NDSU they have the option of not doing it, or have fun trying to schedule 11 games as an FCS independent when nobody will play you because of FCOA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsbreaker http://www.panthernation.com/images/pnation/viewpost.gif (http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?p=420054#post420054)
This is a massive league failure. If the conference isn't strong enough to make sure everyone is on the same page here, the competency of the administrators or the strength of the group as a whole is in serious question.

If this conference has any utility at all, the following options are presented to NDSU weeks ago: compete as the league does, or compete elsewhere.

UNIFanSince1983
January 13th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Those type of people are exactly why I rarely (if ever) go to PantherNation. I suggest you all do the same.

I wouldn't have doubted that after the Missouri St. bball loss some of them were calling for Jacobson's head...

clenz
January 13th, 2016, 08:48 AM
To be fair, I talk with BCPanther on the daily - those that follow me on twitter know this.

He's fully on board with FCOA. He wants it done. He, like me, just didn't think it would be feasible this year. I don't know what else he said on that thread, but based on my daily conversations I've had with him on the public, and PM, side of Twitter that doesn't accurately reflect his thoughts.

UNI Pike
January 13th, 2016, 09:01 AM
I've stated before, and will again, that FCS FB was created as a cost containment vehicle vs FBS FB. The addition of +/- 126 COA awards (figuring in title IX compliance) goes directly against the entire concept. Places like Montana, NDSU and Liberty are going to be able to afford this due to unique circumstances at each university. Maybe 20 schools will be able to realistically be able to afford this on a continuous basis. Places like Indiana State, Prairie View A&M and Delaware State are just not going to be able to find the funds. People rail against the FBS money structure for the exact same reasons (example - Ohio State's budget vs Ohio's budget), but seem to have blinders on when it applies to FCS FB.

Also, for the record, I never have advocated for expelling anyone from a conference. My view is just because it's "legal" doesn't make it right.

Yote 53
January 13th, 2016, 09:16 AM
It's Division 1 athletics. How do you honestly look an FCS football player in the eyes and tell him that the basketball player will get FCOA because we need to remain competitive as a D1 basketball school but we can't give it to the football players because of "cost containment"? If that is okay with you than it should be okay to tell the girls that, sorry, no scholarships for you because your sports don't generate any revenue and the boys sports do, and, you know, "cost containment". In both circumstances, boys/girls and football/basketball, a student-athlete is a student-athlete and should be treated equally.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 13th, 2016, 10:06 AM
This piece I wrote almost a full year ago on FCOA has aged well.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/02/why-fcs-schools-need-to-be-very.html

BisonBacker
January 13th, 2016, 10:14 AM
To be fair, I talk with BCPanther on the daily - those that follow me on twitter know this.

He's fully on board with FCOA. He wants it done. He, like me, just didn't think it would be feasible this year. I don't know what else he said on that thread, but based on my daily conversations I've had with him on the public, and PM, side of Twitter that doesn't accurately reflect his thoughts.

Go look at the panther board then. He wrote it I just quoted it. If his own words don't accurately reflect his thoughts then this is what I take away from that thread.

He's an idiot and can't put his thoughts into words online.
You don't know him very well or he lies to you and says one thing yet goes online and says another
He's changed his view on this (which if he has that's fine but then come back to that thread and put that out there. Say "you know after further thought....."

I just think the hypocrisy stinks over in panthernation to high heaven. A little crow served up cold is just what they need.

BisonBacker
January 13th, 2016, 10:16 AM
I've stated before, and will again, that FCS FB was created as a cost containment vehicle vs FBS FB. The addition of +/- 126 COA awards (figuring in title IX compliance) goes directly against the entire concept. Places like Montana, NDSU and Liberty are going to be able to afford this due to unique circumstances at each university. Maybe 20 schools will be able to realistically be able to afford this on a continuous basis. Places like Indiana State, Prairie View A&M and Delaware State are just not going to be able to find the funds. People rail against the FBS money structure for the exact same reasons (example - Ohio State's budget vs Ohio's budget), but seem to have blinders on when it applies to FCS FB.

Also, for the record, I never have advocated for expelling anyone from a conference. My view is just because it's "legal" doesn't make it right.

Have you voiced these concerns to the AD? I'm not saying I disagree with you. Clearly the haves at this level vs. the have not's is going to be even wider than it is at the FBS level in my opinion.

UNI Pike
January 13th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Have you voiced these concerns to the AD? I'm not saying I disagree with you. Clearly the haves at this level vs. the have not's is going to be even wider than it is at the top level in my opinion.
We don't have an permanent AD at the moment, part of the issue

BisonBacker
January 13th, 2016, 10:18 AM
We don't have an permanent AD at the moment, part of the issue

Well this could be discussed via email with the president of the university and his underlings. Email addresses are not that hard to come by. In reality would it make any difference? Highly unlikely.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 13th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Have you voiced these concerns to the AD? I'm not saying I disagree with you. Clearly the haves at this level vs. the have not's is going to be even wider than it is at the FBS level in my opinion.

Maybe some of those FCS teams that can barely scrape together 63 schollies, maybe they should be D2....

BisonBacker
January 13th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Maybe some of those FCS teams that can barely scrape together 63 schollies, maybe they should be D2....
Most certainly but that would be akin to saying Mayville and Valley City should be closed down for obvious reasons but won't happen. These guys want the DI status but are doing it on a beer budget. Nothing wrong with DII ball either. Not knocking anything just saying that if the rules allow for FCOA and you can't afford to do it either suck it up and go with the flow or move on down. Complaining about those who want to be at the next level when things get worked out with the P5 and G5 isn't going to get it done. Those doing it will be at the second level when things get settled. Those that can't afford it now will certainly be looking at options for moving down or putting up the $$. You want to play you are going to pay is what it amounts to. Not saying it's right or wrong but again it is what it is.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 13th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Most certainly but that would be akin to saying Mayville and Valley City should be closed down for obvious reasons but won't happen. These guys want the DI status but are doing it on a beer budget. Nothing wrong with DII ball either. Not knocking anything just saying that if the rules allow for FCOA and you can't afford to do it either suck it up and go with the flow or move on down. Complaining about those who want to be at the next level when things get worked out with the P5 and G5 isn't going to get it done. Those doing it will be at the second level when things get settled. Those that can't afford it now will certainly be looking at options for moving down or putting up the $$. You want to play you are going to pay is what it amounts to. Not saying it's right or wrong but again it is what it is.

Agree here.

The "have nots" will bitch about the schools that can afford to do this. NDSU better be ready to move into whatever 2nd tier of football there is after the P5 do there thing.

UNI
USD
SDSU
NDSU

These are the schools providing FCOA so far in the Valley. Wonder if the other Valley schools will try to follow suit?

Kind of interesting....the schools that have gotten the majority of the playoffs bid from the conference, UNI-SDSU-NDSU, are the ones that are going with this FCOA right away. Is SDSU doing this for sure?

UNI Pike
January 13th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Well this could be discussed via email with the president of the university and his underlings. Email addresses are not that hard to come by. In reality would it make any difference? Highly unlikely.

We have had the conversation. If my Scholarship Club membership donation had another zero or two on the right side of the decimal point, I'm sure he/they might care.

goyotes
January 13th, 2016, 11:16 AM
The following is from the info provided at the December, 2015 meeting of the SD Board of Regents:

"SDSU Current approach – strategic, fiscally responsible and competitive: Cost of attendance @ $5,000 per student athlete for men’s and women’s basketball,beginning with the 2016-17 season funded by donor’s gifts designated for this purpose(27 equivalencies @ $5,000 = $135,000). Continue planning for all other sports, gathering competitive market information and fundraising to generate the funds designated for the plus up in athletically-based financia laid."

BisonBacker
January 13th, 2016, 11:51 AM
We have had the conversation. If my Scholarship Club membership donation had another zero or two on the right side of the decimal point, I'm sure he/they might care.

I hear ya. There is a pecking order no doubt.

PantherRob82
January 13th, 2016, 02:53 PM
People who think this involves hypocrisy on the part of UNI posters are just plain stupid. None of them put FCOA into effect at UNI and I'm sure they still feel it gives UNI an "unfair advantage". SMH.

Find the posts where the same posters now say they are all for it. That would be hypocrisy.

JayJ79
January 13th, 2016, 03:01 PM
It's Division 1 athletics. How do you honestly look an FCS football player in the eyes and tell him that the basketball player will get FCOA because we need to remain competitive as a D1 basketball school but we can't give it to the football players because of "cost containment"? If that is okay with you than it should be okay to tell the girls that, sorry, no scholarships for you because your sports don't generate any revenue and the boys sports do, and, you know, "cost containment". In both circumstances, boys/girls and football/basketball, a student-athlete is a student-athlete and should be treated equally.

so you don't think that schools should be allowed to give partial scholarships in FCS football?
after all, there are no partial scholarships in basketball.

F'N Hawks
January 13th, 2016, 03:09 PM
so you don't think that schools should be allowed to give partial scholarships in FCS football?
after all, there are no partial scholarships in basketball.

But aren't the roster limits in BB damn near the same as the number of scholarships? Maybe 2 more spots for walk-ons is all....

BisonBacker
January 13th, 2016, 03:30 PM
People who think this involves hypocrisy on the part of UNI posters are just plain stupid. None of them put FCOA into effect at UNI and I'm sure they still feel it gives UNI an "unfair advantage". SMH.

Find the posts where the same posters now say they are all for it. That would be hypocrisy.

They won't come out and say it for that very reason but you sure don't hear them poopooing it and that is the same thing. Either you are for it or against it. Silence on the subject by those who were outraged is the same as coming out now for it. If they were against it for everyone else they should be against it now for sure!

PantherRob82
January 13th, 2016, 03:46 PM
They won't come out and say it for that very reason but you sure don't hear them poopooing it and that is the same thing. Either you are for it or against it. Silence on the subject by those who were outraged is the same as coming out now for it. If they were against it for everyone else they should be against it now for sure!

Without reading PN, I think some of them have said they are still against it.

BisonBacker
January 13th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Without reading PN, I think some of them have said they are still against it.
Without visiting it and then making a statement like that is pretty foolish. I'd at least of gone over there if I were you to see what was said as that board gives some pulse as to what the fans are thinking. I just visited the thread this morning after I heard UNI was offering it to see and it didn't appear but one or two that at that time may have even hinted they were but either way it's comical that they were wanting NDSU kicked out of the conference for offering and now UNI is. I doubt we'll hear a peep out of most of them in regards to saying they are still against it even if UNI is offering now.

OK so I just checked it now. Outside of 2 people that I saw said they were still against it most were still blaming NDSU. Here's one of the responses to something I posted. The poster couldn't help himself from taking potshots at NDSU and you'll notice to him it's still NDSU's fault xlolx

vbfan19 (http://www.panthernation.com/member.php?u=7592)

http://www.panthernation.com/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: NDSU going to start giving stipends in all sports
Quote:

Originally Posted by BisonBacker http://www.panthernation.com/images/pnation/viewpost.gif (http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?p=434498#post434498)
Truthfully guys I think this is just a stepping stone to situate the schools that are doing it to be at the next level when things shake down between the P5 and the G5. If you hadn't done this now you would have been doing it later whenver that shakedown happens. Either way it wasn't an NDSU thing driving this like some are saying. It's NDSU and now UNI administrations knowing to be at the second tier whatever its going to be called when this all shakes out this step needed to happen. I just believe doing it now sets you up better to react as opposed to waiting and then having things between the P5 and G5 get worked out and be left on the outside looking in.

As to the financial costs and the FCS neither school NDSU or UNI is going to win this race against the big boys but we surely don't want to be the guys getting lapped by the race leaders. Trying to stay on the lead lap and be in the right spot costs $$$$. It's the reality of college athletics and it's at this level whether you want to admit it or not.

uh, all FCS programs (and a good number of G5s) were "lapped" by the big money P5 schools long ago.

and it is totally an NDSU thing driving this, because if NDSU hadn't gone nuclear with football stipends, then none of the other FCS schools in the region would have either.

I don't see the point of the "if you hadn't done this now, you'd be doing it later" argument. Yes, there might be a restructuring shakeup of division I football sometime in the future, and that might put upper level FCS teams in a position to need to add stipends at that point. But there would be nothing preventing such programs to take those measures when that restructuring actually takes place. But until NDSU jumped the gun, there was nothing forcing the hands (and further stretching an already tight budget).

I suppose the Bison just wanted to take a page from the Walmart playbook and try to outprice the competition in hopes of running them out of business. (there is quite a similarity in demographics between "people of walmart" and "bison fans")

http://www.panthernation.com/images/pnation/user_online.gif http://www.panthernation.com/images/pnation/report.gif (http://www.panthernation.com/report.php?p=434522)

NoDak 4 Ever
January 13th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Spending and extra $500k on FCOA means you need to spend millions on FBS?

Bro, do you even math?

IBleedYellow
January 13th, 2016, 06:02 PM
They just really don't like us over there. Oh well.

clenz
January 13th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Why are NDSU fans so obsessed over what UNI fans on Panther-freaking-Nation say?

Jesus, NDSU fans spend more time, and pay more attention to what's said, there than UNI fans.

BisonBacker
January 13th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Why are NDSU fans so obsessed over what UNI fans on Panther-freaking-Nation say?

Jesus, NDSU fans spend more time, and pay more attention to what's said, there than UNI fans.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of their posting and lambasting NDSU about FCOA. Funny why are you so obsessed about what NDSU fan's have to say about UNI Fans? The fact there are more NDSU fans than UNI fans I can't do anything about but I'll let you worry about that.

JayJ79
January 13th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of their posting and lambasting NDSU about FCOA. Funny why are you so obsessed about what NDSU fan's have to say about UNI Fans? The fact there are more NDSU fans than UNI fans I can't do anything about but I'll let you worry about that.

you really don't understand the definition of hypocrisy.

some UNI fans don't think that FCOA fits the economics of FCS football.
NDSU becomes the first FCS program (aside from Liberty) to offer FCOA for football.
those aforementioned UNI fans get upset about NDSU rocking the boat.
UNI (supposedly) started offering FCOA stipends in an effort to remain competitive in the recruiting field with the other MVFC programs that have started FCOA.
most UNI fans that were initially opposed to FCOA, are still opposed to FCOA, but understand how UNI might need to join in the arms race to stay competitive

not sure where you are seeing the hypocrisy

BisonFan02
January 13th, 2016, 07:34 PM

NDSU becomes the first FCS program (aside from Liberty) to offer FCOA for football.
UNI (supposedly) started offering FCOA stipends in an effort to remain competitive in the recruiting field with the other MVFC programs that have started FCOA.
most UNI fans that were initially opposed to FCOA, are still opposed to FCOA, but understand how UNI might need to join in the arms race to stay competitive

Just one more case of NDSU forcing the rest of the MVFC to elevate their game.... :D xthumbsupx

Bisonwinagn
January 13th, 2016, 10:36 PM

I agree this gets old. There is always some dumb NDSU fan posting on Bisonville what was posted on other teams boards and typically it is misleading at best. People just like to stir the pot I guess.

BisonBacker
January 13th, 2016, 10:55 PM

I'm afraid you are the one who doesn't understand it. UNI fans (not all obviously) on your message board criticized quite liberally I might add NDSU, for offering this. They were vocal about it (see my quoted posts). Now UNI is doing the same thing and most of those who were critical of NDSU are silent. If they were so offended by NDSU offering FCOA where is the outrage for UNI doing the same? Their silence on the issue makes them hypocrites. If you can't see that well then you will just have to disagree.

Let me add they can say what they want there it's UNI's message board for their fans. But others while they may not post surely read it. No it's not representative of UNI's administration or the school itself. It's just a bunch of whiney ass loud mouth fans who opined on an issue that now they can't seem to find the words to express their disdain of UNI's administration for doing the same thing. To BisonWinagn I didn't misquote them. It was verbatim. You don't like the fact that fans read other message boards or call out those comments by fans then don't read it. I'm not saying or doing anything wrong by quoting them. Hell people post quotes from all kinds of sources to make a point or bring up a subject. This is the off season and like it or not crap gets talked about here. It's not like FCOA is a non issue for all FCS schools that want to be competitive anyway. Are we all supposed to sit here and sing kumbaya all off season?

IBleedYellow
January 13th, 2016, 11:09 PM
www.anygivensaturday.com (http://www.anygivensaturday.com)

That's this website, no? How about we keep our smack here, and let others have their smack on their websites.

xthumbsupx

ming01
January 13th, 2016, 11:53 PM

So youre for regionalization of the playoffs then right?

UNI Pike
January 14th, 2016, 12:24 AM
So youre for regionalization of the playoffs then right?
https://youtu.be/LQCU36pkH7c

Professor Chaos
January 14th, 2016, 07:01 AM
No one is forcing UNI or any other FCS school to offer FCOA. Its no different that an FCS program giving their coaching staff a raise or throwing down 8 figures on an IPF. Those that have the resources will offer FCOA... or improve their facilities... or give their coaching staffs raises... or buy alternate jerseys/helmets for their team. Those that don't have the resources for FCOA shouldn't offer it. Some schools can't afford to pay their head men's basketball coach 7 figures annually either.

BisonBacker
January 14th, 2016, 08:21 AM
www.anygivensaturday.com (http://www.anygivensaturday.com)

That's this website, no? How about we keep our smack here, and let others have their smack on their websites.

xthumbsupx

How is talking about FCOA Smack? Is FCOA a valid subject no? How about all websites that talk about FCS football be in the game? If someone else breaks a story on another website with the mentality of it can't be talked about here Ursus may as well shut down this one.

BisonBacker
January 14th, 2016, 08:23 AM
No one is forcing UNI or any other FCS school to offer FCOA. Its no different that an FCS program giving their coaching staff a raise or throwing down 8 figures on an IPF. Those that have the resources will offer FCOA... or improve their facilities... or give their coaching staffs raises... or buy alternate jerseys/helmets for their team. Those that don't have the resources for FCOA shouldn't offer it. Some schools can't afford to pay their head men's basketball coach 7 figures annually either.

Thank you. A voice of reason! I get a kick out of those who say we already have been lapped in the race for staying in the second level. Hell there are teams currently in the FCS that will never sniff the playoffs. I don't hear them bitching.

UNIFanSince1983
January 14th, 2016, 08:25 AM
How is talking about FCOA Smack? Is FCOA a valid subject no? How about all websites that talk about FCS football be in the game? If someone else breaks a story on another website with the mentality of it can't be talked about here Ursus may as well shut down this one.

The funny part is you are complaining to UNI fans on this board who never said anything about NDSU and FCOA. You are quoting people on PN here. People who don't even post here. What is the point?

You are pointing out what you think of as hypocrisy to people who already know hypocrisy runs rampant on PN. Heck I am sure it does on every single team message board. Congratulations captain obvious.

clenz
January 14th, 2016, 08:37 AM
The funny part is you are complaining to UNI fans on this board who never said anything about NDSU and FCOA. You are quoting people on PN here. People who don't even post here. What is the point?

You are pointing out what you think of as hypocrisy to people who already know hypocrisy runs rampant on PN. Heck I am sure it does on every single team message board. Congratulations captain obvious.
This.

I know of 1 person that posts both places, regularly. He's taken the same stance both sites.

I'm 99% sure I can pinpoint one person you quoted to a AGS poster, though he's infrequent and is 98% bad puns/ignorant statements.

Who broke a story on another site? I created a thread on this site to discuss it. I don't give a **** what PN has to say about it. You'll find, other than those two posters, zero UNI posters on this site that thing PN isn't anything but a cesspool if ignorance.

Other than trying to pull out your e-peen and **** on another fan base there's nothing to be accomplished by pulling quotes from that a home teams board.

BisonBacker
January 14th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Congratulations boys you have distanced yourselves from the PN crowd. Like I said before regardless of the site next time you guys post something here please make sure you aren't getting it from any other website. We wouldn't all want to be labeled captain obvious. Jesus this is the off season. You want this place to turn into a graveyard and not talk about anything from any other site feel free. Like I said we can all sing Kubaya together. Clenz you start out the chorus. I'm also going to recommend to Ursus we start a new award for next years voting. The quote police champion. Who can call out the most posters on their quotes and sources xlolx

Here's Clenz in uniform....
http://www.tvacres.com/images/gun_barney_bullet.jpg

And here's UNIFansince1983

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mayberry/images/8/89/Gomer_Still_Shot.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110101143034

BisonBacker
January 14th, 2016, 09:15 AM

Your take on it. I was more laughing about the hypocrisy but that was lost on you.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 14th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Congratulations boys you have distanced yourselves from the PN crowd. Like I said before regardless of the site next time you guys post something here please make sure you aren't getting it from any other website. We wouldn't all want to be labeled captain obvious. Jesus this is the off season. You want this place to turn into a graveyard and not talk about anything from any other site feel free. Like I said we can all sing Kubaya together. Clenz you start out the chorus. I'm also going to recommend to Ursus we start a new award for next years voting. The quote police champion. Who can call out the most posters on their quotes and sources xlolx

Here's Clenz in uniform....
http://www.tvacres.com/images/gun_barney_bullet.jpg

And here's UNIFansince1983

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mayberry/images/8/89/Gomer_Still_Shot.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110101143034

xlolx

It would get pretty boring here in the offseason if no one would bring up topics to talk about and "hash" over.

clenz
January 14th, 2016, 09:38 AM
xlolx

It would get pretty boring here in the offseason if no one would bring up topics to talk about and "hash" over.
It's one thing to bring up a topic - notice I started the thread.

It's a bit different to start pulling quotes from a home team board and bringing them to a different forum to use them as ammo to target UNI fans that don't post on PN, don't even visit PN, etc...

As for the whole "if you didn't break it" bull****. What the hell does that even mean? I had/have no idea when the first post about it on PN was made. I don't go there. Thus I didn't pull anything from PN and bring it here.

clenz
January 14th, 2016, 09:40 AM
I went and looked, lord help me for that.

I was 14 minutes behind in posting. A USD fan mentioned a tweet a UNI recruit had sent out.

I had information from someone pretty high up on the pecking order of UNI information.

But yeah...semantics I guess.

BisonBacker
January 14th, 2016, 09:44 AM
Comments made by fans of any school that are so off the wall surely can be discussed. I don't give a f&#K if it was on the Griz, Bison, Panther board or any other board. It's clear they (Clenz and UNIfansince83) want to distance themselves from it and that's fine but to try to stifle any conversation about it? I couldn't tell you how many freaking times I have read people bashing NDSU fans for what is said on Tony's board Bisonville. If it's worth discussing fine I don't give two ****s what's said over there either but I won't stop others from talking about it. I'm not painting all UNI fans with the anti FCOA/NDSU comments made on the UNI board. But god forbid anyone talk about it. I hope everyone remembers that the next time some stupid ass comment is made on Bisonville. I don't go over there 99.9% of the time either and I could care a less. If stupid comments are made fans from other schools are welcome to point them out if they wish and they should.

BisonBacker
January 14th, 2016, 09:49 AM
It's one thing to bring up a topic - notice I started the thread.

It's a bit different to start pulling quotes from a home team board and bringing them to a different forum to use them as ammo to target UNI fans that don't post on PN, don't even visit PN, etc...

As for the whole "if you didn't break it" bull****. What the hell does that even mean? I had/have no idea when the first post about it on PN was made. I don't go there. Thus I didn't pull anything from PN and bring it here.

You clearly are on the defensive. I brought it up as an example of what was being said not as an attack. I know NDSU and UNI are rivals but that doesn't make us enemies. I think it's funny since UNI is now doing the same thing. Man you need to back off a bit if you take everything so seriously that it can't be discussed. I never said I thought every UNI fan believed that. I sure hope you never have remarked here about NDSU fans and their posting on Bisonville but I am pretty sure you have and that's OK. You see you can comment on whatever you want also and you surely do.

ming01
January 14th, 2016, 09:55 AM
https://youtu.be/LQCU36pkH7c

You're the one whom brought up cost containment. So it's a fair point

clenz
January 14th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Comments made by fans of any school that are so off the wall surely can be discussed. I don't give a f&#K if it was on the Griz, Bison, Panther board or any other board. It's clear they (Clenz and UNIfansince83) want to distance themselves from it and that's fine but to try to stifle any conversation about it? I couldn't tell you how many freaking times I have read people bashing NDSU fans for what is said on Tony's board Bisonville. If it's worth discussing fine I don't give two ****s what's said over there either but I won't stop others from talking about it. I'm not painting all UNI fans with the anti FCOA/NDSU comments made on the UNI board. But god forbid anyone talk about it. I hope everyone remembers that the next time some stupid ass comment is made on Bisonville. I don't go over there 99.9% of the time either and I could care a less. If stupid comments are made fans from other schools are welcome to point them out if they wish and they should.
When was the last time Bisonville was brought up on this site, by someone other than a NDSU poster?

I sure as hell haven't seen it.

I'd say the same thing to anyone that brought it from Bisonville, eGriz, MSUBearNation, etc... It's really petty/dumb to pull quotes from a home board, bring it to a national board and try to make a big deal out of it.

BisonBacker
January 14th, 2016, 10:27 AM
I think it's debatable on who's making the big deal out of it xnodx

UNI Pike
January 14th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Let's compare my point against Ming01's point using round numbers.

125 teams in FCS FB
-8 Ivy teams that "do not offer scholarships"
-11 Pioneer teams that "do not offer scholarships"

= 106 teams that offer athletic FCS FB scholarships. I am going to use 63 scholarships per team, even though that may overstate the total number of FCS FB scholarships in a given year.

I will utilize $3,843 as a placeholder for COA costs, which I think is high for a number of reasons, but is based on the average of the FBS numbers listed in this (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25275374/-16-cbs-sports-fbs-college-football-cost-of-attendance-database) and this (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25275500/cost-of-attendance-results-the-chase-to-legally-pay-college-players) article. (I removed the schools that provided partial or no information for the average amount - so using 109 schools) Off topic, interesting that the COA for USC Trojans is the lowest of the programs listed at $1,580 while UCLA is $5,941 (delta of 4,361), being separated by about 14 miles. I know the neighborhoods are a bit different, but still.

So 106 teams x 63 COAs x 2 (Title IX compliance) x 3,843 average COA = +/- 51,327,108 annual COA costs for FCS FB

Ming01's non-regionalization expenses (worst case, every team flies to every game) I bumped the cost to $200,000 per game over this reference article (http://legacy.kgw.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/09/29/flying-with-the-team--other-perks-for-ncaa-donors/16455789/) given short notice, distances, etc. A good chunk of this is already spent given the number of flights that are required for games, regardless of regionalization.

23 games all charter flights
$200,000 a charter

23 x 200,000 = 4,600,000 maximum cost

So that said, I can totally see your point that regionalization and COA are essentially the same level of expense.

ming01
January 14th, 2016, 11:54 AM
[url]https://youtu.be/LQCU36pkH7c[/url

Let's compare my point against Ming01's point using round numbers.

125 teams in FCS FB
-8 Ivy teams that "do not offer scholarships"
-11 Pioneer teams that "do not offer scholarships"

= 106 teams that offer athletic FCS FB scholarships. I am going to use 63 scholarships per team, even though that may overstate the total number of FCS FB scholarships in a given year.

I will utilize $3,843 as a placeholder for COA costs, which I think is high for a number of reasons, but is based on the average of the FBS numbers listed in this (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25275374/-16-cbs-sports-fbs-college-football-cost-of-attendance-database) and this (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25275500/cost-of-attendance-results-the-chase-to-legally-pay-college-players) article. (I removed the schools that provided partial or no information for the average amount - so using 109 schools) Off topic, interesting that the COA for USC Trojans is the lowest of the programs listed at $1,580 while UCLA is $5,941 (delta of 4,361), being separated by about 14 miles. I know the neighborhoods are a bit different, but still.

So 106 teams x 63 COAs x 2 (Title IX compliance) x 3,843 average COA = +/- 51,327,108 annual COA costs for FCS FB

Ming01's non-regionalization expenses (worst case, every team flies to every game) I bumped the cost to $200,000 per game over this reference article (http://legacy.kgw.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/09/29/flying-with-the-team--other-perks-for-ncaa-donors/16455789/) given short notice, distances, etc. A good chunk of this is already spent given the number of flights that are required for games, regardless of regionalization.

23 games all charter flights
$200,000 a charter

23 x 200,000 = 4,600,000 maximum cost

So that said, I can totally see your point that regionalization and COA are essentially the same level of expense.

Where did I say it was same level of expense? Youre just getting bitter that I brought up a great point and wanted to aee your consistency on "cost containment."

Bisonator
January 14th, 2016, 12:01 PM
IMO FCOA should be given to all student athletes or none of them. Cherry picking which sports athletes get it is BS. If it's OK to pay your BB players it should be OK to pay everyone. If you can't do that then frickin drop the sport altogether or drop to D2 or D3!

IBleedYellow
January 14th, 2016, 12:48 PM
IMO FCOA should be given to all student athletes or none of them. Cherry picking which sports athletes get it is BS. If it's OK to pay your BB players it should be OK to pay everyone. If you can't do that then frickin drop the sport altogether or drop to D2 or D3!
Exactly.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
January 14th, 2016, 01:45 PM

I'm indifferent to this as far as a "should they/shouldn't they" thing. Each school is going to decide where to budget their money in the grand scheme of things...as long as they stay within their legal bounds (see Title IX). Do I think only offering FCOA in certain sports is a bad idea?.....possibly. It basically says, "hey, sorry football team....but *insert sport...basketball/hockey...etc.* is more important at this institution. We are budgeted XXXX dollars and there isn't any left after current expenditures". This is no different than if a school spends a ton of money on facilities towards certain sports and not another. The net result? Their 2nd tier sports struggle against teams that have said sport in their 1st tier.....and they have no room to bitch.