View Full Version : Wouldn't this be awesome! Please read.

GtFllsGriz
December 14th, 2006, 11:10 AM
I had a thought as I was replying to another thread in which a Griz fan is going to Chatty.

Imagine if there were a group of fans from all schools in the FCS that could go to the NC every year. Setting up a tailgate party with all your gear and colors. What a great time that would be. I could see that growing into quite an affair with many friendships and memories being made. The fans of the teams that are compteting could host a real blowout for all the fans/friends that they had made throughout the years.

We on this board are clearly fans of the BCS and enjoy the playoffs and NC even when our team is not playing. I will be watching the NC with much thrill and anticipation because I have paid attention to every team in the tournament. I am sure there are many of you out there that feel the same way that I do. It would be a blast to show up loud and proud even though the Griz are not playing.

Just a thought as I look forward to the big game.

Good luck to the Mountaineers and Minutemen. You are deserving and will provide a great show on Friday night.

DinoDex200
December 14th, 2006, 11:14 AM
I agree...I'm hoping ASU becomes a frequent visitor to the FCS Championhip. Nonetheless, I thought about coming up anyway...to support the division. I think the SoCon, OVC, and Big South schools could really be instrumental in making this a reality. And, of course, the folks on this board.

mcveyrl
December 14th, 2006, 11:15 AM
I would be up for it. The only problem would be the Friday night issue. If the game were Saturday night, I think that this would have the possibility of being a great tradition.

ButlerGSU
December 14th, 2006, 11:15 AM
You'll see a lot of SoCon fans there from all the schools. This will be the second year in a row I've gone up.

lizrdgizrd
December 14th, 2006, 11:18 AM
I would be up for it. The only problem would be the Friday night issue. If the game were Saturday night, I think that this would have the possibility of being a great tradition.
What is the official reason for having the NC game on a Friday anyway? :eyebrow:

chattanoogamocs
December 14th, 2006, 12:30 PM
I was just about to say that I know a number of different SoCon fans come up. I also know that a group of fans from the Samford board are coming up...and I know there will be some JSU fans in attendance.

GrizFamily
December 14th, 2006, 01:11 PM
I'm coming again this year and it will be my third year in a row. I decided in 04 that I was coming to the game even if the Griz were not playing. I was well recieved last year (even in my Griz Regalia) and had a blast. Met alot of great fans from both UNI and Appy. Great game and great time. I have even converted some of my friends in Atlanta into Griz and FCS fans and they are coming with me this year, fully decked out in Griz gear too. GO FCS. I'm on board with this idea.

Perhaps we can setup a place to meet and greet. Any suggestions chattanoogamocs?

soweagle
December 14th, 2006, 01:12 PM
What is the official reason for having the NC game on a Friday anyway? :eyebrow:

I'm guessing that ESPN has a lot to do with the Friday night decision. Hopefully with a full house and hopefully good ratings ESPN will change their opinion on the time of this game. Of course if the ratings are good that might make them keep it in that time slot.

lizrdgizrd
December 14th, 2006, 01:22 PM
I'm guessing that ESPN has a lot to do with the Friday night decision. Hopefully with a full house and hopefully good ratings ESPN will change their opinion on the time of this game. Of course if the ratings are good that might make them keep it in that time slot.
:(

GrizFamily
December 14th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Can I suggest that we start a new topic on the timing of the game and get back to the point of this thread. Can we pick a place for the FCS fans to meet?

Death Dealer
December 14th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Grizfam, I think it is a great idea. If it weren't for a stomach virus making it's way through my family, I'd be there cheering on the Mountainqueers! As much as that kills me to say!

soweagle
December 14th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Can I suggest that we start a new topic on the timing of the game and get back to the point of this thread. Can we pick a place for the FCS fans to meet?

Everyone meet at the entrance to the pavillion 2 hours before kickoff. Now lets get back to complaining about NCAA, ESPN, etc...:D

SouthernEagle02
December 14th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Just got off the phone with a friend who will be there tommorrow cheering on his beloved moutaineers, and like ya'll the two of us cannot understand why the game is tommorrow night. Case in point. The NAIA, D2, & D3 championships are all on Saturday, so why aren't we? I'm not knocking the NAIA or D3 but why can't they play on Friday? I mean is there that much interest in D3 ball that they have to have a Saturday slot? As much as we think ESPN is behind it, keep in mind they usually pick up the D2 champ game in Alabama and brodcast it so I don't think they have a hand in the cookie jar.

I know in Ga tommorrow night is the high school champ games and I believe the same for TN. Now fortunately the game this year features a SoCon team which certainly helped generate interest (as is always the case when a SoCon team makes it to Chatty) and ticket sales, & I know folks from Amherst have made thier way through the Atlanta airport towards Chatty, but why would the NCAA want to compete against high school football? Don't they realize on Fridays its all about the high schools in the region? They change our name from I-AA to whatever the hell we are now, but then stick it to us by putting our nat'l title game on Friday night in hopes of getting a better TV audience. Shame shame on the NCAA

ButlerGSU
December 14th, 2006, 06:54 PM

Which is odd, they are showing the D-3 Championship game at 3 p.m. on Saturday which seems almost like a better spot than a Friday night for a big game.

Peems
December 14th, 2006, 07:26 PM
i dont know. people come home from work put up there feet, grab a beer and watch the game. Saturday is...I dont know...different.

MR. CHICKEN
December 14th, 2006, 09:17 PM
WE'LL HAVE FRIDAY NIGHT...TA OURAH-SELVES......IT'S EXAM WEEK.....NO ROUNDBALL ON ESPN SO FAR DIS WEEK........AH KNOW GUYS AT WORK.....ARE GOIN' THRU...SPORTS WITHDRAWLS..........NUFFIN' TA WATCH.......FRIDAY NIGHT.....IS OURAH VERSION O' "PRIME TIME"......:hyped:....AWK!

AN' COME SATURDAY........LOTTA SPORTS JUNKIES.....WILL BE CUTTIN' DOWN TREES.......HANGIN'...LIGHTS.......TAKIN' MAMA TA DUH MALL..........BUYIN'....BILLY AT TRAIN.......:xmas:....ETC!

LeopardFan04
December 14th, 2006, 09:19 PM
WE'LL HAVE FRIDAY NIGHT...TA OURAH-SELVES......IT'S EXAM WEEK.....NO ROUNDBALL ON ESPN SO FAR DIS WEEK........AH KNOW GUYS AT WORK.....ARE GOIN' THRU...SPORTS WITHDRAWLS..........NUFFIN' TA WATCH.......FRIDAY NIGHT.....IS OURAH VERSION O' "PRIME TIME"......:hyped:....AWK!

AN' COME SATURDAY........LOTTA SPORTS JUNKIES.....WILL BE CUTTIN' DOWN TREES.......HANGIN'...LIGHTS.......TAKIN' MAMA TA DUH MALL..........BUYIN'....BILLY AT TRAIN........:xmas:....ETC!

Yup, what he said...brawk!

barechestcat
December 14th, 2006, 09:25 PM
I had a thought as I was replying to another thread in which a Griz fan is going to Chatty.

Imagine if there were a group of fans from all schools in the FCS that could go to the NC every year. Setting up a tailgate party with all your gear and colors. What a great time that would be. I could see that growing into quite an affair with many friendships and memories being made. The fans of the teams that are compteting could host a real blowout for all the fans/friends that they had made throughout the years.

We on this board are clearly fans of the BCS and enjoy the playoffs and NC even when our team is not playing. I will be watching the NC with much thrill and anticipation because I have paid attention to every team in the tournament. I am sure there are many of you out there that feel the same way that I do. It would be a blast to show up loud and proud even though the Griz are not playing.

Good luck to the Mountaineers and Minutemen. You are deserving and will provide a great show on Friday night.

Lord, please don't let anyone outside of this board ever know that I think a GRIZ fan came up with an idea that I thought was awesome. :smiley_wi

MR. CHICKEN
December 14th, 2006, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=GtFllsGriz]I had a thought as I was replying to another thread in which a Griz fan is going to Chatty.

IN UH PREFECT WORLD..LAD.....IN UH PERFECT WORLD!.......AWK!

PantherRob82
December 15th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I hope to go every year starting next year. Just didn't work out this year.

catbob
December 15th, 2006, 03:36 PM
The reason we are on Friday and not Saturday is simple - to ESPN, there is I-A football and the rest of college football. I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings for the DII NC game are much if any lower than the CS NC. So they figure it doesn't matter which college NC game get puts where.

I would love to attend one though, but being a poor college student, the only way I'd fork over that kind of dough is if my Cats were in it. Maybe later in life I can go for funs sake. :)