PDA

View Full Version : AGS'ers in DC area for NC Game?

RabidRabbit
December 14th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Just curious if any other DC/Baltimore AGS'ers have considered finding a sports bar here in the DC area for us to share some :beerchug: :beerchug: while catching the culmination of our division's TITLE Game?

I'd be up for it, just been away so long don't now a good place to suggest :confused: :confused: :confused:

BillLuc1982
December 14th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Just curious if any other DC/Baltimore AGS'ers have considered finding a sports bar here in the DC area for us to share some :beerchug: :beerchug: while catching the culmination of our division's TITLE Game?

I'd be up for it, just been away so long don't now a good place to suggest :confused: :confused: :confused:

I like Capitol City Brewing in Shirlington (Arlington, VA)

bandl
December 14th, 2006, 08:19 AM
My favorite sports bar is the Ugly Mugg on 8th in Eastern Market. Great food, good bartenders, doesn't get too crowded. Elephant & Castle, near the Warner Theater, is great too because of their beer selection.
Outside DC in VA, I like Southside 815 and McConnell's in Old Town Alexandria. The staff at both places are really cool...if you get there early enough, or call ahead, they'll make sure the game is on for you.

Unfortunately though, I am sick as a dog and will just be watching the game at home on the couch. :(

bandl
December 14th, 2006, 08:20 AM
I like Capitol City Brewing in Shirlington (Arlington, VA)

That place is good too! Except for the food. But just head across the street to Carlyle/Best Buns for food before/after the game.

sl61
December 14th, 2006, 08:25 AM
I would be up for meeting some people in DC to watch the game. I am fine any of those places.

BillLuc1982
December 14th, 2006, 08:27 AM
That place is good too! Except for the food. But just head across the street to Carlyle/Best Buns for food before/after the game.

I agree, Cap City is known for their BEER, not their food. The food is low quality and overpriced. Sweetwater Tavern in Falls Church is better for food. Drunken Ribeye is the best steak I've ever had.

Carlyle's ale is okay. I had their rockfish Saturday -- pretty darn good. Charlie Chiang's and Luna have good food that's reasonably priced.

bandl
December 14th, 2006, 08:39 AM
I agree, Cap City is known for their BEER, not their food. The food is low quality and overpriced. Sweetwater Tavern in Falls Church is better for food. Drunken Ribeye is the best steak I've ever had.

Carlyle's ale is okay. I had their rockfish Saturday -- pretty darn good. Charlie Chiang's and Luna have good food that's reasonably priced.

I grew up with a kid who's father is the owner of Sweetwater Tavern....:nod: He owns the 'Great American Restaurants', which is Sweetwater, Carlyle, Artie's, Silverado, Coastal Flats, Mike's & Best Buns. :nod:

There is one place that will almost definitely have the game on, and probably on a big screen...Bailey's in Ballston Mall. But I hate that place....the service sucks, the food is worse, and it gets very crowded. But if you want a big screen to watch the game...head there early, stake a claim on one of the couches in the middle room, and have at it.

Richmond Mountaineer
December 14th, 2006, 08:40 AM
If your interested, the ASU Alumni Capter in that area is hosting a viewing party at Garrett's in Georgetown.

89Hen
December 14th, 2006, 08:43 AM
I will be watching at home.

RabidRabbit
December 14th, 2006, 09:36 AM
I will be watching at home.

:p :p Aw come on #2! :nod: :nod:

I was thinking there's probably a strong contingency of BlueHens and Spiders around here that would be getting out.

This Rabid Rabbit sure like to meet you in person. :thumbsup:

HIU 93
December 14th, 2006, 11:50 AM

I have out of town guests, so I won't be able to participate. If you call the Crystal City Sports Pub in Arlington, they can set a table aside for you. The ASU or UMass people in the area may already have some tables set aside for the game there. We (HU alums) usually get a table for our games there.

Col Hogan
December 14th, 2006, 12:05 PM
If your interested, the ASU Alumni Capter in that area is hosting a viewing party at Garrett's in Georgetown.

UMass Alum Club is meeting at the Union Pub on (where else) Massachusetts Ave.

RabidRabbit
December 14th, 2006, 01:25 PM
TO CRYSTAL CITY SPORTS BAR. 2 BLOCKS WEST OF CRYSTAL CITY METRO STOP. LOCATED AT 529 S. 23RD ST., ARLINGTON, VA

As my Christmas Gift to Self, All AGS'ers are invited, 1st 10 pitchers (after game starts) and Nacho's plates supplied by this Rabid Rabbit.

I need an idea of how many are making it, so if you could send an email to

[email protected], with your AGS handle

I can reserve the right sized area.

Thanks

Rabid

bandl
December 14th, 2006, 01:30 PM
TO CRYSTAL CITY SPORTS BAR. 2 BLOCKS WEST OF CRYSTAL CITY METRO STOP. LOCATED AT 529 S. 23RD ST., ARLINGTON, VA

As my Christmas Gift to Self, All AGS'ers are invited, 1st 10 pitchers (after game starts) and Nacho's plates supplied by this Rabid Rabbit.

Thanks

Rabid
Hey, I know the guy who owns CCSR. I'll see if he is working tomorrow night and tell him to hook you guys up. Will there be any people wearing their ASU or Umass gear for him to spot you?? Wish I had the energy and health to join you. I only get sick about once a year....and when I do, I feel like death. :bawling:

sl61
December 14th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I'll be there.

RabidRabbit
December 14th, 2006, 02:02 PM

Thanks

Rabid

I'll be there, 7/7:30 decked out in my blue/yellow SDSU threads and cap.

RabidRabbit
December 14th, 2006, 08:47 PM

Thanks

Rabid

The Pub knows we're coming to catch the game, but it's likely to be crowded. Recommend that you who are showing up to :beerchug: :hurray: for a good game, come in by about 7:15, to assure seating. Have heard from 4, and looking for more, so send an email!!!

BillLuc1982
December 15th, 2006, 08:30 AM
To the top, let's get the word out

Col Hogan
December 15th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Can't wait to meet you all...I'm leaving work soon to go home and let the dogs out...I'll be there about 6:30 - 7:00.

GO UMass

RabidRabbit
December 15th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Washington DC area AGS'er's

:hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: xprost2x xprost2x

And cheering FCS championship football through it's final hurray! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Come down to the Crystal City Sports Pub, and join other AGSers for this hilight game!