PDA

View Full Version : Montana State players face drug charges

thmst30
December 13th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Boy I didn't know much about this team until App played them 2 weeks ago but I couldn't stand their dirty play and arrogant attitudes. Now they have a current player and a few former players facing drug charges.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6266982

Mountaineer#96
December 13th, 2006, 06:50 PM
at ease man, you do not honestly think they are not the only team with problems like this.

Think back a few years ago what team close to your heart had problems like this??

thmst30
December 13th, 2006, 06:55 PM
at ease man, you do not honestly think they are not the only team with problems like this.

Think back a few years ago what team close to your heart had problems like this??
I'm just saying I'm not impressed with this program after the last 2 weeks. Of course they aren't the only ones.

griz8791
December 13th, 2006, 07:01 PM
thmst30, did you just edit out the "what a great team" comment at the end of your original post? Odds are most of the guys on the team work hard and keep their noses clean and here in America we theoretically don't do guilt by association.

jstate83
December 13th, 2006, 07:02 PM
A program can't stop fool's from being FOOL's.

Our starting point guard, FORMER MR. BASKETBALL in Mississippi , was kicked off the team and out of school for firing a gun in the air at the beginning of the Fall Semester.
This was after he was working himself back into the good graces of the coach for knocking a SU player out last year when he got hit by an elbow.

Solve the problem and move on.

PDXCat
December 13th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Boy I didn't know much about this team until App played them 2 weeks ago but I couldn't stand their dirty play and arrogant attitudes. Now they have a current player and a few former players facing drug charges.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6266982

Our arrogant attitudes? Wow, I guess that statement of yours says more about you than our team. Got a mirror? Who got more unsportsmanlike calls? When you live in a glass house, don't throw bricks. :mad: What a jerk!

JohnStOnge
December 13th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Gee. Cocaine's sure a lot cheaper now than when I was in college. Guess the "drug war" isn't working too well.

thmst30
December 13th, 2006, 07:07 PM
thmst30, did you just edit out the "what a great team" comment at the end of your original post? Odds are most of the guys on the team work hard and keep their noses clean and here in America we theoretically don't do guilt by association.
Yea I did because I shouldn't have put it.

thmst30
December 13th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Our arrogant attitudes? Wow, I guess that statement of yours says more about you than our team. Got a mirror? Who got more unsportsmanlike calls? When you live in a glass house, don't throw bricks. :mad: What a jerk!
Your right we got more penalties because we lost our cool and retaliated. It was a case of our team being frustrated and the refs always seeing the second player not the first.

PDXCat
December 13th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Your right we got more penalties because we lost our cool and retaliated. It was a case of our team being frustrated and the refs always seeing the second player not the first.

:waawaa: :waawaa: :waawaa: :waawaa: :waawaa: :waawaa: :waawaa: :waawaa: :waawaa: :waawaa:

Grizalltheway
December 13th, 2006, 08:47 PM
God help us if ASU and MSU meet again next year:(

AppState
December 13th, 2006, 09:02 PM
We got a couple more excessive celebration penalties than MSU because we scored at least twice as often.

SoCon48
December 14th, 2006, 06:40 AM

Too bad the refs didn't see the MSU player grabbing his crotch to the crowd.
Class.

appst97
December 14th, 2006, 06:57 AM
God help us if ASU and MSU meet again next year:(

Will MSU have enough players on this side of the wall to play, if so, will their probation officer let them come back to NC?

WUTNDITWAA
December 14th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Over/under on this getting to the smack board. I give it 10:30.

AlphaSigMD
December 14th, 2006, 08:54 AM
I'll take the over...

mistersykes
December 14th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Cool it with the smack. MSU is having problems, and its probably hard enough for them right now. Any fan of FCS should hope that they can fix things there ASAP. We hate seeing schools with troubles like this and the best of luck to MSU for getting them sorted out!

saccat
December 14th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Cool it with the smack. MSU is having problems, and its probably hard enough for them right now. Any fan of FCS should hope that they can fix things there ASAP. We hate seeing schools with troubles like this and the best of luck to MSU for getting them sorted out!

Thank you for your post. We have some HUGE probs. on our hands, and they WILL be taken care of. Good luck at Chatty.

P.S. I think both teams lost there cool many times in that game. I was glad it was close until the 4th. When you put 18-21 year olds on a field, in front of ESPN, they are going to be pumped up and ready to fight. You just hope they do it in a sportsman like way.

GOKATS
December 14th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Will MSU have enough players on this side of the wall to play, if so, will their probation officer let them come back to NC?

Though arrests were made this week the alleged incidents happened last June and involved one current player (the other two had been dismissed from the team for unrelated reasons).

catbob
December 14th, 2006, 12:23 PM

1 player was involved. You do the math bright guy.

I will have to agree with several other Cat fans, App fans are far and away my least favorite bunch of fans I've run into.

Even the Griz are being classy about this whole incident.

lizrdgizrd
December 14th, 2006, 12:40 PM

I will have to agree with several other Cat fans, App fans are far and away my least favorite bunch of fans I've run into.

Reread the thread and tell me how many of us are being pricks about this? I think it's a problem that lots of programs have. They get these kids that are potential problems and hope that their teammates and coaches can keep them on the straight and narrow, but some of them just take the easy way. It's a shame, but fortunately it's not an epidemic at MSU. I think Miami has shown us what a program that doesn't care for its players allows to happen. MSU hasn't shown any indication that this behavior is tolerated at all.

appst97
December 14th, 2006, 02:07 PM

It was just a little smack there 'bright guy' ... sorry it struck a nerve. Just 1 player, huh? There are several kitty cat posters on here that are really unhappy with the character of Kramer's recruits. So, yes , this is one incident, but it sure sounds like it is not an isolated one.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 14th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Man, I was under the impression they didn't have Coke up north, only Pepsi...:D

AppIAA
December 14th, 2006, 05:06 PM

What team was it that pulled their bus up to the gates in front of all the ASU fans and started calling the fans names for being painted up and have spirit for our team? What team was it that punched Gary Tharington after a play was over? What team was it whos players got up in the face of our coaches? What team was it who grabbed their crotch towards our crowd?

I don't know about you, but when someone disrespects a teams faithful fans, players, and coaches, tempers will flair - hence the unsportsmanlike calls. But with the above mentioned moments, I am pretty sure most of the unsportsmanlike situations were started due to MSU arrogant attitudes.

Bronco
December 14th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Something is wrong in Bozeman. It's been wrong for a number of years.
Players act like thugs even during player introductions and the "fans" are not much better.

AZGrizFan
December 14th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Something is wrong in Bozeman. It's been wrong for a number of years.
Players act like thugs even during player introductions and the "fans" are not much better.

Hey, if you'd lost 16 straight to your biggest rival, you'd do something to instill some "attitude" too. :D :D :D

Walkon79
December 14th, 2006, 06:03 PM
What team was it that pulled their bus up to the gates in front of all the ASU fans and started calling the fans names for being painted up and have spirit for our team? What team was it that punched Gary Tharington after a play was over? What team was it whos players got up in the face of our coaches? What team was it who grabbed their crotch towards our crowd?

I don't know about you, but when someone disrespects a teams faithful fans, players, and coaches, tempers will flair - hence the unsportsmanlike calls. But with the above mentioned moments, I am pretty sure most of the unsportsmanlike situations were started due to MSU arrogant attitudes.

There was enough unsporting behavior from both teams to last three playoff games!! You think 6 personal fouls were all retaliation? You're in a dream world!! I didn't pay much attention to App State or their fans until this fall. Guess what, there's a reason you're the most hated group on this board.

I hope we see you again soon!! You arrogant A$$holes.

BTW, and this is for all of you, we'll clean up our own house, so STFU.

appheel
December 14th, 2006, 06:08 PM
You're making it sound like App players were fighting with Bobcats all over the place. A lot of those unsportsman-like penalties were excessive celebration, which is obviously still a problem, but its not like they were out there smacking MSU players around all game.

Walkon79
December 14th, 2006, 06:12 PM
No, it was a heated response to another App poster who implied that the Cats started it all. Sorry I blew up.

On another note about the punch. That was instigated by a racial slur by the App State player in question. Leblanc responded inappropriately, but that was the only retaliation I saw from either side.

appheel
December 14th, 2006, 06:14 PM
No, it was a heated response to another App poster who implied that the Cats started it all. Sorry I blew up.

On another note about the punch. That was instigated by a racial slur by the App State player in question. Leblanc responded inappropriately, but that was the only retaliation I saw from either side.

Where did you here that? I also heard that there were racial slurs coming from the MSU team. I doubt either version of that story is true.

B&G
December 14th, 2006, 06:19 PM
I have no beef with anyone from Montana State and I think they'll be able to right the ship. LeBlanc was a jackhole of the first degree. He got off the bus talking junk to the ASU fans who I am sure aren't blameless either. But football players are supposed to be able to handle that kind of stuff without acting like lunatics. I would think that Bobcat Nation would be pissed at the guy for representing their program like he did. It's unfortunate that the actions of one person can reflect on the entire team. Much like it is unfortunate that a couple of posters on a message board can reflect poorly on an entire fanbase.

Walkon79
December 14th, 2006, 06:25 PM
From Bobcatnation.com. Probably should apologize right now for proliferating what is probably another nasty rumor.

Anyway, my point to this whole thing is there was enough trash flying around from both teams. I was embarrassed at times to be a Montana State fan that night. Anyone feel the same from App State. If so, then maybe I'll revise my opinion about the fan base in general.

As for the drug charge, a serious black eye for the program and all involved admittedly, but this administration and coaching staff will deal with it swiftly, which is consistent with prior practice.

That's assuming our staff doesn't end up in Idaho by the end of the week.

God, not a good week!!

appheel
December 14th, 2006, 06:29 PM
I was definitely disappointed in ASU's "extra-curricular" activities during that game. However, that's not the norm for them and I'm tired of some Bobcats acting like we're all trouble-makers. It's just not the case. Just like I'm sure not every MSU player is a drug-dealer or a punk.

I'm sorry you've gotten a bad impression of App and our fans. If we play again with out the trash-talking, I think your impression will be much different.

B&G
December 14th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I had friends who saw ASU play for the first time on TV for the MSU game. Some of them asked if we play dirty. All of them wondered about why two of our linemen would be fighting each other on the sidelines. Yeah, I'd say that's a bit embarrassing.

Fortunately I have some other friends who saw ASU play for the first time against YSU. So their first impression was a little better.

Walkon79
December 14th, 2006, 06:45 PM
All things aside, this is one Bobcat fan who thinks App State will SMOKE Umass. (Drug reference unintentional) I hope your unbeaten streak at home goes to about 34, and the Cats get another shot in the 2007 semis.

Walkon79
December 14th, 2006, 06:48 PM
And being a highschool official myself, lets hope for a reduction in unsporting behavior at all levels. My Freshman highschooler doesn't need those kinds of role models.

crunifan
December 14th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Man, I was under the impression they didn't have Coke up north, only Pepsi...:D

xlolx xlolx

Seriously though, Pepsi is much better than Coke. And UNI is a Pepsi campus, a Coke machine cannot be found anywere. That is part of the beauty of this fine campus! :nod:

AppIAA
December 14th, 2006, 06:58 PM
There was enough unsporting behavior from both teams to last three playoff games!! You think 6 personal fouls were all retaliation? You're in a dream world!! I didn't pay much attention to App State or their fans until this fall. Guess what, there's a reason you're the most hated group on this board.

I hope we see you again soon!! You arrogant A$$holes.

BTW, and this is for all of you, we'll clean up our own house, so STFU.

You are right, there was unsportsmanlike behavior from both teams. Never said there wasnt. All i was saying is they way your players treated our fans, team, and coaching staff from the get go was way inappropriate. I agree our sportsmanship was ridiculous, and is not usually like that. And because of this, I feel a lot of it (not all), was in retalliation of the MSU actions.

As far as the racial comment causing the punch from LeBlanc, what kind of racial slur was it? From my slight (very slight) research, Gary Tharington and LeBlanc are both the same race. Again, this is very slight research that has been done, but what comes to mind with a "racial slur" being the cause of the actions is unfortunately the horrible "N" word. However, with both being of the same race, why would that be the case?

B&G
December 14th, 2006, 07:14 PM
xlolx xlolx

Seriously though, Pepsi is much better than Coke. And UNI is a Pepsi campus, a Coke machine cannot be found anywere. That is part of the beauty of this fine campus! :nod:

I didn't think they had Coke or Pepsi up north. I thought they just had "pop".

appheel
December 14th, 2006, 07:17 PM
I didn't think they had Coke or Pepsi up north. I thought they just had "pop".

Pop is midwestern, don't ya know. Ask my Michigan in-laws.

barechestcat
December 14th, 2006, 08:30 PM
To shed a little info on the current player who has been charged. His name is Andre Fuller. One of our starting cornerbacks this past season.

A lot of Bobcat fans are understandably pissed (myself included). We have had more then our share of bad publicity in the recent past to last a long long time.

But, some are going so far as to mention things like recruit no one outside of Montana, new recruiting policies to make sure we don't bring in questionable character in our players. Now, not that I don't think we should do everything we can to make sure the people that come to play at MSU are great players but also great people. But, here's Andre's past.

He is originally from Florida. He was 4th in his class in high school. His Mom is an administrator in the school district and his home family background is solid. The family is deeply religious; Andre included.

I make no bones about it. If he is guilty, he has made a terrible choice to hang around people that have taken him down a path that has led him to this point. He deserves his punishment should he be convicted.

But, my point is that there wasn't a thing in Andre's past to indicate that this would ever happen to him here. For me, this is one of the most frustrating parts of it.

I sincerely hope that our university continues to develop and employ strategies that center more around educating our players when they are here earning their degree.

GOKATS
December 14th, 2006, 08:58 PM
To shed a little info on the current player who has been charged. His name is Andre Fuller. One of our starting cornerbacks this past season.

A lot of Bobcat fans are understandably pissed (myself included). We have had more then our share of bad publicity in the recent past to last a long long time.

But, some are going so far as to mention things like recruit no one outside of Montana, new recruiting policies to make sure we don't bring in questionable character in our players. Now, not that I don't think we should do everything we can to make sure the people that come to play at MSU are great players but also great people. But, here's Andre's past.

He is originally from Florida. He was 4th in his class in high school. His Mom is an administrator in the school district and his home family background is solid. The family is deeply religious; Andre included.

I make no bones about it. If he is guilty, he has made a terrible choice to hang around people that have taken him down a path that has led him to this point. He deserves his punishment should he be convicted.

But, my point is that there wasn't a thing in Andre's past to indicate that this would ever happen to him here. For me, this is one of the most frustrating parts of it.

I sincerely hope that our university continues to develop and employ strategies that center more around educating our players when they are here earning their degree.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hurray:

lizrdgizrd
December 15th, 2006, 08:13 AM
xlolx xlolx

Just remember to thank North Carolina for that Pepsi! Maybe that's why we beat you guys last year... :eyebrow:

GrizFoo
December 15th, 2006, 10:58 AM

So he was an upstanding young man, from a quality and religeous family. Then he went to MSU and fell in with the wrong crowd...AT MSU.

That won't sit well with other potential recruit's parents.

I completely realize this stuff happens everywhere to some extent. And I don't think the MSU culture is what is the problem...but just because I don't think that is the problem, doesn't mean it isn't a factor. Something is going on in Bozeman drug wise. I know a guy on the drug task force, who is on the swat team. He was supposed to come to Missoula for the UM/UMass game, but couldn't come due to this case and some surrounding it.

You would think, after the murder, involving cocaine would have sent a message to other athletes that they better clean up their act.

mistersykes
December 15th, 2006, 11:31 AM
I hope they are able to figure out the problem and fix it. Coke is serious business and I know a couple of people who it has affected in a negative way. It's best to get out of it, and fast.

barechestcat
December 15th, 2006, 12:15 PM
So he was an upstanding young man, from a quality and religeous family. Then he went to MSU and fell in with the wrong crowd...AT MSU.

That won't sit well with other potential recruit's parents.

I completely realize this stuff happens everywhere to some extent. And I don't think the MSU culture is what is the problem...but just because I don't think that is the problem, doesn't mean it isn't a factor. Something is going on in Bozeman drug wise. I know a guy on the drug task force, who is on the swat team. He was supposed to come to Missoula for the UM/UMass game, but couldn't come due to this case and some surrounding it.

You would think, after the murder, involving cocaine would have sent a message to other athletes that they better clean up their act.

I can't argue the point at all. I think this has stepped into the forefront for all associated with MSU athletics to strategize on. I would be kidding myself if I didn't think it now becomes a recruiting challenge, particularly for athletes and their families within the state, to sell the parents on sending their child to MSU (one recruit's Dad who posts on BN has so much as said this already). Very serious matter that I'm sure will take a lot of everyone's time this winter.

Walkon79
December 15th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Pop is midwestern, don't ya know. Ask my Michigan in-laws.

No, "pop" is definitely a Montana / Dakota thing as well. I never hear anyone calling it soda.

catbob
December 15th, 2006, 02:26 PM
First of all, http://www.popvssoda.com/countystats/total-county.html

;) We are a pop state. Coke is much better than Pepsi.

You say App never had a problem with personal flags or anything before or game, well neither did we (no more than most teams anyway). There was some bad blood real fast in this game, I don't know who started it, but I do know who got caught.

Anyways, good luck tonight.

Mountaineer
December 15th, 2006, 02:40 PM
You say App never had a problem with personal flags or anything before or game, well neither did we (no more than most teams anyway). There was some bad blood real fast in this game, I don't know who started it, but I do know who got caught.

Anyways, good luck tonight.

I think it was the Griz fans instigating the whole thing. :p :smiley_wi

I had never seen as many people riled up between these two teams either, and frankly, I didn't really care for it or participate (much). :D

That being said - no one wants to see a program going through some of the troubles MSU is going through right now.

In the grand scheme of things they are still kids, and there's going to be a lot more to life than football for the vast majority of them.

I'm glad to see Kramer staying and I hope the Bobcats get everything straightened out soon. Good luck. :nod:

mistersykes
December 15th, 2006, 02:40 PM
First of all, http://www.popvssoda.com/countystats/total-county.html

;) We are a pop state. Coke is much better than Pepsi.

I hardly ever hear people say "Coke" as a generic term. Here, its almost always "soft drink" or "soda". Although I know one southern kid who says "pop". I wonder what happened to him!xlolx ;)

I thought it was cool how Wisconsin was split down the middle for "pop" and "soda".

kmax
December 15th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Just to be clear, the sale that Fuller was arrested for this past week happened in June, essentially before or right around the same time as the murder so he probably didn't have the chance to learn anything from that incident. But as to your point, I agree, hopefully future athletes look at this and realize what a horrible decision this is and hopefully teammates that wouldn't ever do this look at this and realize that they need to use their influence and peer pressure to keep other "weaker" teammates from ruining what they have all worked hard for.

GrizFoo
December 15th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Nice clarification Kmax. I won't assume he sold after that...but I would guess he did. Not that it matters. I would bet this isn't the last we've heard of arrests in Bozeman regarding related cases...but lets hope it is the last of the student athletes involved.