PDA

View Full Version : Russ Huesman sore loser

catamount man
December 5th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Really Mocs fans?! That display with JSU's coach was pathetic. I don't care if he is 7-0 against WCU that was poor sportsmanship. Congrats gamecocks.

bobcathpdevil56
December 5th, 2015, 04:16 PM
He was angry about something.

MacThor
December 5th, 2015, 04:16 PM
What happened? Changed streams as soon as JSU scored.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

MacThor
December 5th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Was it about the chop block PF that injured the Moc player in the last minute?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

mamberso
December 5th, 2015, 04:37 PM
He's not a sore loser. Grass didn't come out to midfield immediately after the game. Was angry about that, but probably just upset about the outcome. That's completely understandable.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

jsualumnus
December 5th, 2015, 04:37 PM
There were lots of penalties not called on both sides, but the chop block sucked!!! It's what took my son out this year...

JSUSoutherner
December 5th, 2015, 04:50 PM
The Chatty students were the worst of the sore losers. Absolutely no class. I guess no one teaches respect and manners at UTC. xcoffeex

Winindy
December 5th, 2015, 04:52 PM
The Chatty students were the worst of the sore losers. Absolutely no class. I guess no one teaches respect and manners at UTC. xcoffeex

Well, I'm sure that it's not part of the curriculum. Might be an elective.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 5th, 2015, 04:54 PM

Come on, man. chattownmocs is a graduate from that class at UTC.

KPSUL
December 5th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Really Mocs fans?! That display with JSU's coach was pathetic. I don't care if he is 7-0 against WCU that was poor sportsmanship. Congrats gamecocks.

How do you know who said what? You can't tell a thing watching on ESPN3

JSUSoutherner
December 5th, 2015, 05:06 PM
How do you know who said what? You can't tell a thing watching on ESPN3
I was there. Grass just got caught up in the moment and didn't come out immediately to shake hands because he was over celebrating with the guys and Big Huey has no patience when he loses.

Moc's students made an embarrassment out of themselves.

The elder Moc fans were a pleasure as usual. I talked to several on the way out. Great people.

Just those students are so awful.

jsualumnus
December 5th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Come on, man. chattownmocs is a graduate from that class at UTC.

It was the students, not the alumni... UTC Alumni = class act... UTC student = freaking sore loser idiot...

jsualumnus
December 5th, 2015, 05:40 PM
I can't say that I blame Huesman there... Plenty of JSU fans will claim he was just caught in the moment, but Grass should learn from this... He will...

Cocky
December 5th, 2015, 05:52 PM
JSU fans want a rivalry so don't gripe if emotions flow. I hope their student throw stuff at us after every game. it's fun.

OL FU
December 5th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Students bad behavior. No I don't believe it:D

ISUMatt
December 5th, 2015, 07:19 PM
There were lots of penalties not called on both sides...

Same can be said for the Western Illinois/Illinois State game

PaladinFan
December 5th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Answer is typically somewhere in the middle.

However, it is straight out of the Georgia Southern playbook to host a hotly contested game full of emotion and then call opposing fans and players "classless" for their reaction in the 15 seconds after the final whistle.

Cocky
December 5th, 2015, 09:13 PM

However, it is straight out of the Georgia Southern playbook to host a hotly contested game full of emotion and then call opposing fans and players "classless" for their reaction in the 15 seconds after the final whistle.

Ga State beat the crap out of Ga So so their emotions should be settled by games end.

JSUSoutherner
December 5th, 2015, 09:14 PM

This isn't emotion. It's classless. You can also go back on ESPN And watch Huesman cuss out Grass. But ok.

https://twitter.com/4everdestiny_/status/673265854587498496

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2015, 10:01 PM
This isn't emotion. It's classless. You can also go back on ESPN And watch Huesman cuss out Grass. But ok.

https://twitter.com/4everdestiny_/status/673265854587498496

I tried. The ESPN3 replay stops at the end of regulation. Hopefully they'll update it.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Students bad behavior. No I don't believe it:D

Speaking of students, yours need to brush up on their Urban Dictionary:

https://scontent.fdtw1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1463654_10100340102778439_766083726_n.jpg?oh=46bf3 53993c7019b2c5ce27354bfdb96&oe=56F025E9

JSUSoutherner
December 5th, 2015, 10:32 PM
I tried. The ESPN3 replay stops at the end of regulation. Hopefully they'll update it.
Here is the video of Huesman being a loser.
http://cockynation.com/2015/12/05/video-chattanooga-coach-russ-huesman-is-a-sore-loser/

Here is the video of the students being losers.
http://cockynation.com/2015/12/05/chattanooga-fans-throws-beverage-on-jsu-player/

Milktruck74
December 5th, 2015, 11:14 PM
We now know what it was about. Huesman was actually upset that the JSU players went to the Section of Mocs Fans to taunt them.....and in retaliation (still didn't need to happen) some students threw cups at the players. I will say that I am glad our athletes go straight to our student section and stand for the alma mater to say thanks for supporting us. I do believe an action like that would get our players a quick trip to Huesman's Dog house.

Cocky
December 5th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Our players go over to the band which is toward the vistors section. Dont believe the team was head to the vistors but may be a little close to not say hello.

walliver
December 6th, 2015, 12:25 AM
Here is the video of Huesman being a loser.
http://cockynation.com/2015/12/05/video-chattanooga-coach-russ-huesman-is-a-sore-loser/

Here is the video of the students being losers.
http://cockynation.com/2015/12/05/chattanooga-fans-throws-beverage-on-jsu-player/

What kind of idiot wastes a perfectly good beer in that way?

ASU33
December 6th, 2015, 12:42 AM
Wow!

chattanoogamocs
December 6th, 2015, 12:56 AM
Please don't try to make out the JSU players as innocent victims.

They took was was an amazing experience, even in a loss, and ruined it.

We had such a great day, we tailgating, interacted with JSU (adult) fans. All were cordial and friendly. Even in a loss, the game itself was amazing, both teams left it all on the field (it could end up being the best of the playoffs this year). It is the largest and most involved UTC crowd I have ever witnessed on the road. I commented during that game that this was the best rivalry we have. I even looked past the fact that the JSU student section spent most of the day flipping us birds, that stuff doesn't matter to me, it is just a bunch of drunk/dumb college/frat kids doing what they do (we all have them).

But once the game was over, the JSU team didn't go over to the band for the alma mater, they went straight to the UTC sideline and started taunting the Chattanooga fans.

Specifically, Ruben Gonlalez went over and taunted the UTC supporters...not once, but twice (fakes posing taking pictures and flexing). I could deal with him coming over after a heated rivalry game for a second or two...but he posed, and flexed, and posed, and taunted for at least a minute. He acted like a jackass. He wanted a reaction. Then he walked away and everything started calm down, but that just wasn't enough and he had to come back again and continue with his childish spectacle...then he got water thrown on him (on the 2nd trip).

After that Barge tried to climb into the stands (and had to be restrained by the police) and #90 threw water back into the stands (hitting a friend of mine's child). Then the JSU players...and assistant coaches (who should definitely know better)...proceeded to flip birds and taunt the UTC crowd.

Fans/students is one thing, players and coaches have no excuse for that kind of behavior.

chattanoogamocs
December 6th, 2015, 12:58 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21953&stc=1

Big_Fan
December 6th, 2015, 03:37 AM
that is the corner of the field where the band is. the football team goes there every game to celebrate and sing I'll Fly Away with the band.

Cocky
December 6th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Looks like the team is headed to the band and your fans looked stunned.

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 08:29 AM
that is the corner of the field where the band is. the football team goes there every game to celebrate and sing I'll Fly Away with the band.

Which may I add that Chattanooga students wouldn't quit screaming while we were singing.

But yes. Go watch any other game. They come over, we play "All I do is Win" for the team, and we sing "I'll Fly Away". They didn't go taunt them, I promise. Barge and Gonzalez's families regularly sit on the back sideline. I was there. Nothing happened until the UTC loser threw the beer on Gonzalez except for Big Huey being a loser toward Grass. And Big Huey chewed out Grass before the our team even started heading over to sing with us, not because our players went to taunt, which they didn't.

I personally thing Big Huey is a nice role model.

One of these statements is sarcasm.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 6th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Russ Huesman is a class act.

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Russ Huesman is a class act.
Yup.

Sycamore62
December 6th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Maybe he was just mad about the **** he will get for losing to an OVC team in the playoffs.

uni88
December 6th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Which may I add that Chattanooga students wouldn't quit screaming while we were singing.

But yes. Go watch any other game. They come over, we play "All I do is Win" for the team, and we sing "I'll Fly Away". They didn't go taunt them, I promise. Barge and Gonzalez's families regularly sit on the back sideline. I was there. Nothing happened until the UTC loser threw the beer on Gonzalez except for Big Huey being a loser toward Grass. And Big Huey chewed out Grass before the our team even started heading over to sing with us, not because our players went to taunt, which they didn't.

I personally thing Big Huey is a nice role model.

One of these statements is sarcasm.

So let's get this straight:
1) The band sits near the visiting fans section.
2) Several JSU players' parents/families sit near the visiting fans section.
3) After victories, JSU players come over to sing, pose and prance around in front of their band/families.
4) The visiting fans are responsible for knowing that the players are doing this for their band/families and are not actually taunting them?

Putting the band next to the opposing fans section might seem like a good idea to try to quiet/override them but eventually something like this was bound to happen. Same thing with placing the tickets that the players get for friends/family near the opposing fans. JSU's administration made the decision on where to place the band/families and ultimately responsibility for this happening belongs with them. They should own up to their actions and rethink this arrangement for the future.

As far as one coach chewing out another for being late to a handshake after the game: It was a little extreme but in his defense it was a hard fought game that his team unfortunately lost, he was probably a little high-strung and let his emotions get the best of him. The better thing to do was probably to give him a minute and if he didn't show head for your players and let him come find you. You were there and he wasn't so it becomes his responsibility to find you and shake your hand.

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Maybe he was just mad about the **** he will get for losing to an OVC team in the playoffs.
That's bold coming from the fan of a team with less playoff appearances in the last 30 years than JSU has playoff wins in the last 5. xcoffeex

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 12:12 PM
3) After victories, JSU players come over to sing, pose and prance around in front of their band/families.
4) The visiting fans are responsible for knowing that the players are doing this for their band/families and are not actually taunting them?

Putting the band next to the opposing fans section might seem like a good idea to try to quiet/override them but eventually something like this was bound to happen. Same thing with placing the tickets that the players get for friends/family near the opposing fans. JSU's administration made the decision on where to place the band/families and ultimately responsibility for this happening belongs with them. They should own up to their actions and rethink this arrangement for the future.

As far as one coach chewing out another for being late to a handshake after the game: It was a little extreme but in his defense it was a hard fought game that his team unfortunately lost, he was probably a little high-strung and let his emotions get the best of him. The better thing to do was probably to give him a minute and if he didn't show head for your players and let him come find you. You were there and he wasn't so it becomes his responsibility to find you and shake your hand.
1.) yes, we've been in the same spot for YEARS.
2.) Yes, Barge's and Gonzalez's families always sits on the back sideline because it's easier to access and considerably less crowded.
3.) Yes, they come over to us, we celebrate, play All I do is Win, and join in our hymn, I'll Fly Away, you can look it up on youtube I'm sure.
4.) They were being sore losers. Even if they were taunting, which they weren't, be the bigger person. Don't throw drinks at someone because they bested your team in crunch time. UTC's student section was an abysmal pit of losers the whole game, they even started chanting in the middle of our halftime show. Not even Auburn pulled that kind of crap. That being said, it was JUST students. The elder Moc's Fans were a pleasure to have in the stadium.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21963&stc=1
The band sits in the square, the visitors on the back sideline (left sideline). The football team comes to the endzone in that corner after every game to sing with us.

Big_Fan
December 6th, 2015, 12:16 PM

You would have to be familiar with the layout of JSU stadium to understand fully. There is a break between the band and "visitor" side... though it isn't all visitor. The back side of our stadium is the old home side before we expanded to 24k+, and holds significantly more than many FCS "visitor" sections. The capacity was 15000 before we expanded, so the capacity on that side is probably 8 to 10k. There is a lot of red over there.

If you were watching the team congregating in front of the band (along with the cheerleaders and color guard), you would know what they are doing. No other team's fans have been confused by it, and we have had some pretty good visitor crowds. There is no excuse for throwing things at players, and the guy who jumped the fence should have been arrested.

I agree with you on the rest. Huey could have handled that better. I don't completely vilify him over it, but he didn't handle himself like a professional

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Lol. Rich again. Russ is the classless one because John Grass wanted to celebrate the win instead of shaking his hand. Did grass not know what coaches do after the game? I also love how he stands there and takes it like a bitch, and then gets Crunk after Huesman runs off. What a twat.

uni88
December 6th, 2015, 12:22 PM
1.) yes, we've been in the same spot for YEARS.
2.) Yes, Barge's and Gonzalez's families always sits on the back sideline because it's easier to access.
3.) Yes, they come over to us, we celebrate, play All I do is Win, and join in our hymn, I'll Fly Away, you can look it up on youtube I'm sure.
4.) They were being sore losers. Even if they were taunting, which they weren't, be the bigger person. Don't throw drinks at someone because they bested your team in crunch time. UTC's student section was an abysmal pit of losers the whole game, they even started chanting in the middle of our halftime show. Not even Auburn pulled that kind of crap. That being said, it was JUST students. The elder Moc's Fans were a pleasure to have in the stadium.
I'm not saying that what the students did was right but some of the blame lies with the administration for creating the situation where this could and would eventually happen. Putting the band and players' families next to the opposing teams fans and then having the JSU players go over and dance around in front of the opposing team's fans was going to get just this kind of reaction eventually. Just because you've been doing it for years and it didn't happen until yesterday doesn't make it ok. It is a boneheaded arrangement and the administration is responsible for the arrangement.

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 12:29 PM
I'm not saying that what the students did was right but some of the blame lies with the administration for creating the situation where this could and would eventually happen. Putting the band and players' families next to the opposing teams fans and then having the JSU players go over and dance around in front of the opposing team's fans was going to get just this kind of reaction eventually. Just because you've been doing it for years and it didn't happen until yesterday doesn't make it ok. It is a boneheaded arrangement and the administration is responsible for the arrangement.

Our position didn't create the situation. The UTC student section did. The opposing student section wasn't even near our corner, they were all sitting around the 35 yard line. There is no designated visiting team student section. They don't even have to sit on the back sideline if the don't want to, they are free to walk to the front, as many do for our halftime show.

Also, Chattownmocs, bye bye. xbabycryxxsalutex

uni88
December 6th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Our position didn't create the situation. The UTC student section did. The opposing student section wasn't even near our corner, they were all sitting around the 35 yard line. There is no designated visiting team student section. They don't even have to sit on the back sideline if the don't want to, they are free to walk to the front, as many do for our halftime show.

My apologies for not understanding the layout of your stadium but your own posters gave me the impression that they were pretty close. Not having been there I can only give my opinion based on what I've seen and read.

Our players go over to the band which is toward the vistors section. Dont believe the team was head to the vistors but may be a little close to not say hello.

Also after each game the team runs to acknowledge the band which is proximity to the visiting team !!

I do think it is boneheaded for the admin to put these fan groups near each other, especially if the players are going to come and serenade the fans (which is cool by itself). Bottomline, this was an unfortunate incident that can be learned from but I wouldn't slam an entire fan base or student body for it. Everyone has their idiot fans who do stupid things, JSU included.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 6th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Yup.

Honestly, i dont know much about Chatty and i know less about JSU but the Gamecocks are coming across as a big bunch of pansies over this, and you're a big reason why.

UNI Pike
December 6th, 2015, 02:20 PM
That's bold coming from the fan of a team with less playoff appearances in the last 30 years than JSU has playoff wins in the last 5. xcoffeex
Let me say it then. The OVC is to FCS playoffs as Tony Romo is to any playoff game.

Two birds, one stone.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Let me say it then. The OVC is to FCS playoffs as Tony Romo is to any playoff game.

Two birds, one stone.

Touche.

However if the OVC is Romo then Indiana State is to FCS playoffs as Peyton Manning is to Kansas City Chiefs game 3 weeks ago.

Redbirdz
December 6th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Can understand if Huessman felt like he was dissed a bit but Grass was high-fiving it with his kids following the Jenkins TD. That he was a bit slow getting to mid-field is no reason while Huessman should have acted like a mad man. It was not a good reflection on UTC for the world to see.

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Apparently Huesman isn't too big on respecting other program's facilities. This was a picture of our visitors locker room after the game.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21972&stc=1

jsualumnus
December 6th, 2015, 05:19 PM
If you can't play at home then bring home with you??? In all seriousness, most visitor locker rooms look like this no matter who plays where. Until JSU builds a new visitor locker room then we can't really complain about them throwing trash around in a garbage can of a locker room. Now, if damage was done to structures then that's different.

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 05:24 PM
If you can't play at home then bring home with you??? In all seriousness, most visitor locker rooms look like this no matter who plays where. Until JSU builds a new visitor locker room then we can't really complain about them throwing trash around in a garbage can of a locker room. Now, if damage was done to structures then that's different.
Trash cans exist for a reason. If we hand pulled this kind of crap at a housing site on a marching band trip our director would have KILLED us. I get being heated about the handshake and to some degree get the dust up between the students but seriously? Leaving a locker room like that just because "hey **** you"? It doesn't matter if the locker room isn't great to begin with, they should be able to at least have a little decency about them. There's no reason for it.

uni88
December 6th, 2015, 05:27 PM

xthumbsupx Anything that can be cleaned up with a broom and dustpan shouldn't be a big deal. This game is over, let's focus on JSU/CSU.

Bisonwinagn
December 6th, 2015, 05:30 PM
So they left paper on the floor of a locker room? How could they!!! What an embarrassment.

UNI Pike
December 6th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Trash cans exist for a reason. If we hand pulled this kind of crap at a housing site on a marching band trip our director would have KILLED us. I get being heated about the handshake and to some degree get the dust up between the students but seriously? Leaving a locker room like that just because "hey **** you"? It doesn't matter if the locker room isn't great to begin with, they should be able to at least have a little decency about them. There's no reason for it.
I still wake up drenched in a cold sweat thinking about my 6th grade band director. You think Guantanamo has a bad ass crowd...

Sycamore62
December 6th, 2015, 09:01 PM

Well, I guess you guys do have the problem of not being able to play OVC teams in the early rounds.

All those playoff appearances and you have 2 more wins than a team who lost 55/56 games

Sycamore62
December 6th, 2015, 09:16 PM

I don't know if you are calling housing a changing room or a hotel. I'll bet the hotel was fine. We always threw our tape on the floor. It's not like they weren't going to sweep the floor anyway. I'm not going out of my way to throw stuff in a trash can if you don't leave it close.

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2015, 09:59 PM

Should have been taught that before they arrived on campus.

Redbirdz
December 6th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Don't know why he would be? Jax State has beaten them 9 out of the last 11 games so they should be used to an OVC beatdown.

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Apparently Huesman isn't too big on respecting other program's facilities. This was a picture of our visitors locker room after the game.

You cant be serious? Oh wait youre in the band. Sorry forgot. Let me explain--all visitor locker rooms look like that after a game. Visiting teams arent required to clean the room after use.

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 10:16 PM
You cant be serious? Oh wait youre in the band. Sorry forgot. Let me explain--all visitor locker rooms look like that after a game. Visiting teams arent required to clean the room after use.
You're right I'm in band. I didn't know trashing other people's facilities after being hosted was a norm for football teams. I've never seen that kind of practice in any other activity I've been a part of.

Don't know why he would be? Jax State has beaten them 9 out of the last 11 games so they should be used to an OVC beatdown.
Yup. This is 4 wins in a row.

I don't know if you are calling housing a changing room or a hotel. I'll bet the hotel was fine. We always threw our tape on the floor. It's not like they weren't going to sweep the floor anyway. I'm not going out of my way to throw stuff in a trash can if you don't leave it close.
Housing areas for marching band are generally hotels or in some instances (commonly in drum corps) schools will let ensembles sleep on their gym floor for a night while on tour. Even at competitions we are given a staging area (basically a marching band equivalent of a locker room) and it's a norm that we keep up with our stuff and be respectful of the host's facilities. At least that's been the case in the ensembles I've been a part of.

Sycamore62
December 6th, 2015, 10:45 PM
I guess I'm just saying the only thing that surprises me is that someone would complain about the floor having tape and prewrap on it.

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2015, 10:46 PM
You're right I'm in band. I didn't know trashing other people's facilities after being hosted was a norm for football teams. I've never seen that kind of practice in any other activity I've been a part of.

Housing areas for marching band are generally hotels or in some instances (commonly in drum corps) schools will let ensembles sleep on their gym floor for a night while on tour. Even at competitions we are given a staging area (basically a marching band equivalent of a locker room) and it's a norm that we keep up with our stuff and be respectful of the host's facilities. At least that's been the case in the ensembles I've been a part of.

Dude they didnt trash anything. Quit being such a drama queen. Geez.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2015, 10:49 PM
You gonna be this bitchy for the whole playoffs?

smallcollegefbfan
December 6th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Chattownmocs sure disappears when they lose. You would think he would know better than running his mouth but I'm sure we are going to hear how they had the best recruiting class in FCS again and that they will be a top 2 team next by the end of January. LOL

FYI, UTC has never had a top 2-3 recruiting class in FCS. I don't care what Rivals says. They have recruited very well but never been the best class.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2015, 11:08 PM
You gonna be this bitchy for the whole playoffs?

Only when he is hung over from band hazing. :D

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2015, 11:11 PM
Chattownmocs sure disappears when they lose. You would think he would know better than running his mouth but I'm sure we are going to hear how they had the best recruiting class in FCS again and that they will be a top 2 team next by the end of January. LOL

FYI, UTC has never had a top 2-3 recruiting class in FCS. I don't care what Rivals says. They have recruited very well but never been the best class.

Werent they supposed to be better than any team the last 3 years and the rest of us were posers? But for some reason or other they just couldnt make it to the game?

JSUSoutherner
December 6th, 2015, 11:22 PM
Only when he is hung over from band hazing. :D
This. Today was not a good day. xsmhx

Cocky
December 7th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Werent they supposed to be better than any team the last 3 years and the rest of us were posers? But for some reason or other they just couldnt make it to the game?

UTC does have a good team.

On the locker room, its no big deal, Ive never been on a team or coached a team which didnt pick up the trash on the floor.

JaxSinfonian
December 7th, 2015, 07:25 AM
Can we all agree that it's time to let this thread die?

Mocs123
December 7th, 2015, 07:52 AM

I never thought I would defend Chattownmocs as he has made us one of the most despised programs on AGS but I do believe that he posted a nice congratulatory message to JSU after the game. He didn't run and hide.

As for recruiting classes you are probably right. Rivals may have us with the #1 class but it probably isn't. Recruiting rankings, especially at our level are pretty sketchy. We have recruited well, but probably not #1. I don't remember where JSU has ranked in recruiting the past few years but obviously they have done alright for themselves. They have some excellent players.

I think we have good players that do well in the classroom and on the field. I think we have coaches that do things the right way. Apparently we have some students that weren't very respectful and for that I am sorry, but in reality all schools probably have them. During warm ups we kicked a FG into the stands (student section) and they wouldn't give it back. When we sent an equipment guy to get it, the JSU students threw it out of the stadium. Disrespectful-yes, but it's what college kids do. Ours obviously weren't any better.

Like I have said before. Congratulations to JSU. You were the better team and deserve to move on. As tough as it is for me, I will be pulling for you to win it all.

I really enjoy the JSU series and the rivalry we have and hopefully we get a chance to meet in the playoffs again next year.

I am also proud of our team. It didn't end the way we wanted it but we left it all on the field and there is no shame to losing to the #1 team in the country on the road in OT. Huesman has done a great job with this program. We were 1-11 the year before Huesmsn came and the school was very close to dropping football. He has created a winning culture and built our fan base (the number of fans that traveled to JSU was more than we would have had at home in 2008) and he has done it with good kids that get it done in the classroom.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2015, 08:21 AM
I heard Russ took a giant dump after the game and didn't flush. How rude is this guy?!

Sycamore62
December 7th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Ive seen opposing adult fans from other schools act like assholes at MVFC games. Im a terrible fan, but anything I do I try to keep funny for people around me, I might tell a fat player to hit the salad bar (probably not as bad as i need to). I also harass kickers/punters/soccer players just because I think they need to earn their scholarship after their 15 minutes of practice. Anything I saw Chatty fans do when we played them in the playoffs last year only made me mad because we lost and they werent our fans.

I tried to yell things at Pellini loud enough for him to hear since there were 100 people at the game and i really thought he could hear me.

I dont think you can blame the whole crowd for 2 people running up and throwing something on him.

Milktruck74
December 7th, 2015, 08:43 AM
I never thought I would defend Chattownmocs as he has made us one of the most despised programs on AGS but I do believe that he posted a nice congratulatory message to JSU after the game. He didn't run and hide.

As for recruiting classes you are probably right. Rivals may have us with the #1 class but it probably isn't. Recruiting rankings, especially at our level are pretty sketchy. We have recruited well, but probably not #1. I don't remember where JSU has ranked in recruiting the past few years but obviously they have done alright for themselves. They have some excellent players.

I think we have good players that do well in the classroom and on the field. I think we have coaches that do things the right way. Apparently we have some students that weren't very respectful and for that I am sorry, but in reality all schools probably have them. During warm ups we kicked a FG into the stands (student section) and they wouldn't give it back. When we sent an equipment guy to get it, the JSU students threw it out of the stadium. Disrespectful-yes, but it's what college kids do. Ours obviously weren't any better.

Like I have said before. Congratulations to JSU. You were the better team and deserve to move on. As tough as it is for me, I will be pulling for you to win it all.

I really enjoy the JSU series and the rivalry we have and hopefully we get a chance to meet in the playoffs again next year.

I am also proud of our team. It didn't end the way we wanted it but we left it all on the field and there is no shame to losing to the #1 team in the country on the road in OT. Huesman has done a great job with this program. We were 1-11 the year before Huesmsn came and the school was very close to dropping football. He has created a winning culture and built our fan base (the number of fans that traveled to JSU was more than we would have had at home in 2008) and he has done it with good kids that get it done in the classroom.

This... You beat me to it. Chattown has some strong opinions, he is a true fan of the team, but he did post a very nice congratulatory post and say good luck in the playoffs.

Also, any picture of the home locker room? I'll bet is quite the same. I played for a few teams (not just the Mocs) and every post game locker room looked just like this....home or away. Nut up!!!!

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2015, 09:17 AM

This is a ****ing joke right? Have you ever played a competitive sport? Been in a locker room? And no, not sitting in a hotel room tuning your lil horn doesn't count.

jsualumnus
December 7th, 2015, 10:16 AM
I think JSUSoutherner understands now that visiting locker rooms all look like this...

F'N Hawks
December 7th, 2015, 10:22 AM
I think JSUSoutherner understands now that visiting locker rooms all look like this...

No they don't. Many programs pick up after themselves before they leave, as directed by their coaches. Teams that leave a locker room looking like that are an embarrassment.

Except for South Dakota when they trashed their locker room after blowing big lead, I have been told most all teams do a pretty good job of cleaning up at the Alerus Center. UND purposely goes through and picks up after each game before they hit the buses. Pretty common thing to do from what I have gathered.

jsualumnus
December 7th, 2015, 10:27 AM
I hear ya, but there's nothing here. It was a heated game...

Sycamore62
December 7th, 2015, 10:34 AM
No they don't. Many programs pick up after themselves before they leave, as directed by their coaches. Teams that leave a locker room looking like that are an embarrassment.

Except for South Dakota when they trashed their locker room after blowing big lead, I have been told most all teams do a pretty good job of cleaning up at the Alerus Center. UND purposely goes through and picks up after each game before they hit the buses. Pretty common thing to do from what I have gathered.

Ill bet the players dont pick stuff up.

Cocky
December 7th, 2015, 10:40 AM
I bet several do, some coaches dont put up with bull****.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Ive seen opposing adult fans from other schools act like assholes at MVFC games. Im a terrible fan, but anything I do I try to keep funny for people around me, I might tell a fat player to hit the salad bar (probably not as bad as i need to). I also harass kickers/punters/soccer players just because I think they need to earn their scholarship after their 15 minutes of practice. Anything I saw Chatty fans do when we played them in the playoffs last year only made me mad because we lost and they werent our fans.

I tried to yell things at Pellini loud enough for him to hear since there were 100 people at the game and i really thought he could hear me.

I dont think you can blame the whole crowd for 2 people running up and throwing something on him.

The best is when you know they can hear you...which is most of the time in Terre Haute. :D

F'N Hawks
December 7th, 2015, 10:42 AM

I will bet players on some teams do. But, there isn't much for them to pick up because most goes in the garbage can first. All programs are run different. Guessing the Mocs coach didn't give two *****s about their locker room after losing a tough game like that, which is understandable.

Missingnumber7
December 7th, 2015, 05:16 PM

What do you think grad assistants and student managers are for?

Missingnumber7
December 7th, 2015, 05:17 PM

Please tell us more about how your career of tooting your own horn compares to playing football for 3 hours on a Saturday because it is definitely some of the most enthralling BS I have ever heard.

Cocky
December 7th, 2015, 08:54 PM
What do you think grad assistants and student managers are for?
But it was left fairly clean?

Bisonoline
December 7th, 2015, 10:58 PM

Ive played on many many sports teams and have traveled a lot while doing so and I have NEVER heard a coach tell anyone to pick up after using the visitors locker room. The majority of the stuff makes it in the garbage can. Nobody worries about the small crap. Looking at that picture---its all small crap.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2015, 11:02 PM
Ive played on many many sports teams and have traveled a lot while doing so and I have NEVER heard a coach tell anyone to pick up after using the visitors locker room. The majority of the stuff makes it in the garbage can. Nobody worries about the small crap. Looking at that picture---its all small crap.

The F'Hawks have been in the gym 24 hours a day since the season ended and their locker room is still clean.

F'N Hawks
December 7th, 2015, 11:06 PM
The F'Hawks have been in the gym 24 hours a day since the season ended and their locker room is still clean.

What do mean?

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2015, 12:32 AM

xlolxxthumbsupx

Bison56
December 8th, 2015, 10:13 AM

xlmaoxxlmaox