PDA

View Full Version : Western Illinois at #2 Illinois State Game Thread

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Coprich scores, 7-0 ISU halfway through the 1st.

WIU sticking to the ground game right now... probably wont work too well unless they mix some play action to keep the linebackers honest.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 01:33 PM
7-3 after a 40 yard field goal by WIU.

Just dont think that WIU has the firepower to keep up with ISU as of right now. It'll take multiple turnovers by ISU...

Drblankstare
December 5th, 2015, 01:37 PM
I'll St looked real good on that 1st drive.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 02:04 PM
WIU with 2 interceptions today so far. If they can capitalize, this game is there for the taking. Knew it would take multiple turnovers and they're manifesting right now.

Still 7-3 Birds, but WIU with the ball in Redbird territory.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 02:28 PM
For anyone watching on ESPN3, do you agree these are quite possibly the worst announcers to ever call a football game?

Can't keep track of simple game summaries (timeouts, down/distance, etc.) and can't help give any type of flow in the game. Just BRUTAL announcing here.

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 02:30 PM
ISU been really fortunate on PI calls. Blatant calls not getting refs attention.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 02:32 PM
ISU been really fortunate on PI calls. Blatant calls not getting refs attention.

ISU has been really fortunate on just about everything through one half, lol. Should probably be 14 or 17 to 7 WIU.

Bison56
December 5th, 2015, 02:32 PM
xflamemadx
For anyone watching on ESPN3, do you agree these are quite possibly the worst announcers to ever call a football game?

Can't keep track of simple game summaries (timeouts, down/distance, etc.) and can't help give any type of flow in the game. Just BRUTAL announcing here.
My feed through the xbox is impossible to watch keeps cutting out today.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 02:33 PM
xflamemadx
My feed through the xbox is impossible to watch keeps cutting out today.

You're the fortunate one in that case. Everyone's struggling today. ISU's offense, WIU's offense, the announcers, the refs...

the only thing good is the weather!

TheKingpin28
December 5th, 2015, 02:36 PM
These announcers are pretty pathetic. Makes me appreciate Anish and Co. that much more. At least they know what is going on and can provide insight into game. Just be glad you don't have Jay Walker announcing it, otherwise it would be about how they should only talk about how great the MEAC vs SWAC gave will be.

OSBF
December 5th, 2015, 02:38 PM
birds best remove their collective crania from sphincter and decide to put this team away

the longer they hang around............

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 02:49 PM
This isn't a "the longer they hang around" type of game. Knew it would be tough, especially if we had the anticipated turnovers I figured we'd have.

WIU is VERY well coached, and I'm surprised they haven't capitalized better. Should ISU win this game, the lack of capitalization on the turnovers in the first half is the story here.

leatherneck177
December 5th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Just waiting on a big Redbird TD play. It's going to come. You can see Coprich is close to breaking one.

Western D is hanging tough, but O needs TDs.

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2015, 03:04 PM
This game is tough to watch

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 03:08 PM
WIU with the TD. Simply outplaying ISU right now. Looks like ISU wont shake the rust off in time.

kdinva
December 5th, 2015, 03:08 PM
WIU now up 12-7..........if this holds up, U Richmond will host next weekend.....

ST_Lawson
December 5th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Still a lot of game left, and ISU has big play ability. Still anyone's game.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Still a lot of game left, and ISU has big play ability. Still anyone's game.

Normally I'd agree, but WIU has done a fantastic job at keeping everything contained. Good, consistent rush, and reading the option plays correctly. Defense is playing great right now.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Long, tough drive ends up with ISU scoring from the 5 on a run by Tre.

2 pt conversion to Warrum successful.

ISU up 15-12.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 03:37 PM
WIU getting tired? Losing focus? Horrible snap by WIU on 2nd down causes them to have 3rd and forever and they have to punt.

ISU marches the ball down the field and Tre scampers to put the Birds up 22-12.

Refs missed a couple holds on ISU during that drive. Officiating has been brutal, to the detriment of WIU this game...

leatherneck177
December 5th, 2015, 03:42 PM
WIU getting tired? Losing focus? Horrible snap by WIU on 2nd down causes them to have 3rd and forever and they have to punt.

ISU marches the ball down the field and Tre scampers to put the Birds up 22-12.

Refs missed a couple holds on ISU during that drive. Officiating has been brutal, to the detriment of WIU this game...

Good drive, D needs a stop.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 03:43 PM
WIU just made it look easy. Got the points right back. 20ish yard hookup. ISU up 22-19. 9:56 to go in the game.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 03:51 PM
ISU driving... 2nd and 10 on the WIU 25. up 22-19 still. 6:41 left.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 03:52 PM
259 rushing yards for ISU to 24 for WIU. Wouldn't expect that coming in.

Tre to Warrum on a jailbreak blitz by WIU for a TD. 29-19 Birds with 5:53 to go.

leatherneck177
December 5th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Big answer for Birds. Gonna need another quick one for Necks down 29-19.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 03:55 PM
That blitz was the one playcall I'll question from WIU. Why on earth would you take people OUT of coverage when Tre has had problems all day throwing into it? He's already shown he can beat the blitz....

Desperation? Just confused there.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Announcer... "45 yard field goal here, but Dustin they need points..."

Ummm..... a field goal IS points, and when you're down 10, those 3 points are exactly what you need at this juncture.

These guys are terrible and need to be fired on the spot. Hopefully they never call another game.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 04:01 PM
WIU misses the field goal, and Coprich on the very next play takes the ball 72 yards to the end zone.

36-19 Birds.

leatherneck177
December 5th, 2015, 04:01 PM
There it is. Oh well. When does Coprich graduate or I guess probably run out of eligibility?

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 04:03 PM
He's gone after this year. Certain "fans" of ISU would have liked for that to have been in this past offseason ;)

Every game now can be his last. And he's playing like it.

centennial
December 5th, 2015, 04:04 PM
There it is. Oh well. When does Coprich graduate or I guess probably run out of eligibility?

Graduate

kdinva
Richmond @ Illinois St. next week should be a great game.....

leatherneck177
Him and Roberson are so damn tough for Necks to contain for an entire game. Nice win, represent MVFC well going forward.

Redbirdgrad
December 5th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Lot of class by WIU and their posters here. Good game and I don't think you got the fairest of shakes from the refs today. Don't think it impacted the outcome, but definitely the score early.

Int by ISU seals it.

leatherneck177
December 5th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Is this Mareira your back for next year?

leatherneck177
December 5th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Lot of class by WIU and their posters here. Good game and I don't think you got the fairest of shakes from the refs today. Don't think it impacted the outcome, but definitely the score early.

Int by ISU seals it.

Yeah some tough calls, but you are right did not impact outcome.

Very bright future for Necks, this is our backup QB who is redshirt freshman. Gonna need to replace Nikko but things look good for 2016.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Congrats Illinois State!

ST_Lawson
December 5th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Congrats redbirds. We hung in there for a while, but knew we weren't going to contain Coprich the whole game.

Beat the Spiders, go MVFC!

JayJ79
December 5th, 2015, 05:22 PM

a degree in agricultural marketing perhaps?

REALBird
December 5th, 2015, 05:32 PM
He won the MVFC OPOY twice, when they asked him where he was going he said:

"I'M GOING TO COLORADO!"

Heard it, commercial will be airing soon.

W.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2015, 06:02 PM
a degree in agricultural marketing perhaps?

Hey, by the time he quits playing football that might be a viable career in 1/2 the country.

ISUMatt
December 5th, 2015, 07:01 PM
That first half was ugly!! Tre was bad, WIU's QB was off and the Necks couldn't capitalize on 2 INT's. The refs were terrible...missed many holds on both sides of the ball, threw a flag on a fg attempt for leaping then picked it up, missed several holds on the ISU secondary, and missed facemask calls on Coprich. Lenoir had several easy drops, he didn't seem to be himself today. At the end of the day Coprich rushed for 217, 120 for Tre, and only 41 for Niko.

And yes #'s 13 and 7 are in line for our backfield next season I do believe

clenz
December 5th, 2015, 07:38 PM
He won the MVFC OPOY twice, when they asked him where he was going he said:

"I'M GOING TO COLORADO!"

Heard it, commercial will be airing soon.

W.

If he had gone to Colorado he wouldn't be a felon right now

leatherneck177
December 5th, 2015, 07:51 PM
If he's had gone to Colorado he wouldn't be a felon right now

xlolx

REALBird
December 5th, 2015, 08:42 PM

Sure that would make some teams happy, but what can you do? Might as well keep racking up yards and awards.

ISUMatt
December 5th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Went over 5000 career rush yards today

ISUMatt

DaBurds!!
December 5th, 2015, 09:03 PM

Felon means he was convicted. He wasn't. So you can let it go.

clenz
December 5th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Felon means he was convicted. He wasn't. So you can let it go.
He admitted guilt to a felony

DaBurds!!
December 5th, 2015, 09:22 PM

Convicted?

Rollbird5
December 5th, 2015, 09:27 PM
I thought he pleaded guilty to 9 grams which was a misdemeanor and can go off his record in 2 years since he's first time offender

clenz
December 5th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Convicted?

When you plead guilty you accept the guilty verdict

Redbird Recon
December 5th, 2015, 10:50 PM
We must have some really fast cops in Normal.

Redbirdgrad
December 6th, 2015, 12:01 AM
Them bike cops are no joke yo.... lol.

And clenz, drop it. You've pushed your agenda far enough. We all know where you stand.