PDA

View Full Version : As every hour passes we lose hope.....

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2006, 08:20 PM
: smh : More Mountaineer faithful are losing hope each hour of watching our team play in the National Championship game. Many have hotels already lined up but no tickets, others no tickets no hotel. Some have tickets, no hotel. Shame :nonono2:

It looks to me that Chatty may not have been a large enough venue for ASU to be at this year. Demand has thus over extended supply. I am no business major, but I think when that happens you got major problems. What do other fans that are heading to the game or still wanting to, this year think?

Lizzie_ASUband
December 12th, 2006, 08:21 PM
all i'm going to say is that where's there a will, there's a way.

appsfan
December 12th, 2006, 08:25 PM
I think the venue is just right for the FCS title game. However, if capacity is a problem for several years running, then a change could be justified. Do you have tickets? I was fortunate to get mine early Monday morning, but had decided to go to Chatty with or without and scalp some if necessary.

FightMass
December 12th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Hey just move the game to Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA. Then see how many ASU fans have trouble getting tickets.

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Hey just move the game to Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA. Then see how many ASU fans have trouble getting tickets.
HAHAHA we will be there..........in force!!

FightMass
December 12th, 2006, 08:30 PM
HAHAHA we will be there..........in force!!
i have no doubt of that. but you'd see a lot more Mass fans there too! Plus it's an absolutely awesome venue.

Peems
December 12th, 2006, 09:06 PM
heres the idea, we pull a FBS. the winners of the semifinal games are guaranteed a spot in the championship game, HOWEVER, instead of playing it the following weekend, we wait 3-4 months and play it in Montana where there is lots of excitement and pageantry and lots of tickets. plus with all that time off everyone could game plan accordingly just like our 1-A brethren:thumbsup: :smiley_wi

aggie6thman
December 12th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Do you guys think that the "powers that be" will ever move the game out of Chatty? There are some great venues outside of Chattanooga (read NDSU and Montana) that would provide just as good of an atmosphere and allow other fans to attend. Maybe it should rotate from Northeast to the South, Northwest/West. Just a thought.:rolleyes:

chiapet9
December 12th, 2006, 09:11 PM
i would rather see a stadium bursting at the seams because there weren't enough tickets....than a stadium that is nearly empty. when we went to the NC game i was standing in line the next morning waiting for tickets...you snooze you lose...better luck next year. at least its on television - they can watch from the comfort of their own homes.

appstate1998
December 12th, 2006, 09:20 PM
If you guys are having trouble finding a hotel in Chatty just drive 20 mins down the road and stay in Georgia. A lot of my friends are staying in Ringgold and Dalton, Ga. It's like a 15 min drive to Ring and 30 min max to Dalton if that cause its just a drive down the interstate.

Grizalltheway
December 12th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Isn't this the first time it has sold out?

spoogemcgee18
December 12th, 2006, 09:33 PM
This is the way championship games are supposed to be. Millions of people that would love to go to the Super Bowl will never get in. All my buddies at Ohio State don't have a prayer of seeing their team play for the National Championship. Consider yourself lucky that you were even presented with the chance to buy tickets.
That being said, where there is a will there is a way. If you want to get in the game, you will. I would suggest reading this:

http://www.amazon.com/No-Ticket-Problem-Sporting-Concerts/dp/1565302265

I have employed many of the techniques in this book, including claiming to be a concessions vendor, a reporter for a non-existent magazine, and just plain squeezing through the bars. Use your brain and you'll get in.

chattanoogamocs
December 12th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Isn't this the first time it has sold out?

yes

biggie
December 12th, 2006, 09:38 PM
This is not how it is supposed to be. Those that want to see a good football game or their team should not be stuck with paying scalpers/ebayers who only look to make money off of it. I'm betting scalpers will be wide on Friday, probably close to 1/2 of the UTC ticket office sales were not by anyone who was ever playing on going to the game.

Mountaineer
December 12th, 2006, 09:42 PM
This is not how it is supposed to be. Those that want to see a good football game or their team should not be stuck with paying scalpers/ebayers who only look to make money off of it. I'm betting scalpers will be wide on Friday, probably close to 1/2 of the UTC ticket office sales were not by anyone who was ever playing on going to the game.

Why because ASU is there again this year? If this was any other team that this is happening to, would you be just as bothered by it?

Tickets to the game have been on sell well before these past few days. You could've bought tickets a long time ago and if ASU didn't make it sell them to others or just bite the loss (I think presale tix were going for $10 - not a whole lot).

I say kudos to the folks in Chatty for stepping up and buying them. If they happen to turn around and sell them that is their right.

I wasn't lucky enough to get tickets so I'll be watching from home most likely. However, I'm excited to see two great programs playing in a sold out stadium. Doesn't get much better. :twocents:

biggie
December 12th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Why because ASU is there again this year? If this was any other team that this is happening to, would you be just as bothered by it?

Tickets to the game have been on sell well before these past few days. You could've bought tickets a long time ago and if ASU didn't make it sell them to others or just bite the loss (I think presale tix were going for $10 - not a whole lot).

I say kudos to the folks in Chatty for stepping up and buying them. If they happen to turn around and sell them that is their right.

I wasn't lucky enough to get tickets so I'll be watching from home most likely. However, I'm excited to see two great programs playing in a sold out stadium. Doesn't get much better. :twocents:
I am bothered by it in every event. Ends up the only people who are guarenteed to go to most good events are those who have plenty of money to burn ($150+ per ticket on ebay in this case). If we would have known there were presale tix, would have them I guess. Also wasn't able to make it to Boon last weekend or I'd been in line at the ticket office.

appfan2008
December 12th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Honestly people if you want to go to the game then go to Chatty there will be plety of tickets around

biggie
December 12th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Honestly people if you want to go to the game then go to Chatty there will be plety of tickets around
Yes, I'm not worried that I won't be able to get tickets (at what price, who knows). But the lack of tickets before heading to Chattanooga has stoped 5 of our 7 friends from going, which is disappointing.

Cocky
December 12th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Maybe the TV ratings will get close to a 3.

DrG
December 12th, 2006, 10:02 PM
After all these years of people complaining that this game hasn't sold out, I think this is great! Congratulations Chatty, UMass and App State!

Peems
December 12th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Maybe the TV ratings will get close to a 3.

glass half full...nice:thumbsup:

BigApp
December 12th, 2006, 10:38 PM
i have no doubt of that. but you'd see a lot more Mass fans there too! Plus it's an absolutely awesome venue.

95+% disagree with you in the poll so far. Stop it with the excuses. :mad: Get your asses to Chattanooga!

chattanoogamocs
December 12th, 2006, 10:58 PM
probably close to 1/2 of the UTC ticket office sales were not by anyone who was ever playing on going to the game.

Sorry biggie, I know you are frustrated, but the statement above just doesn't hold water...the event has been here 10 years...it has never sold out before...no one knew last month that the game would sell out...the last nine years, no money could be made "scalping" because there were plenty of tickets (typically you would see people trying to sell their extras for 5 or 10 bucks)...but you have deducted...with no evidence...that hundreds, if not thousands of locals suddenly scooped up tickets in the chance that this time it would be a sell out so they could go and gouge people on Friday night.

A good example of the exact opposite being true would be the Summers and Wyatt attorneys here locally...they bought 160 tickets out of civic pride...the support the Mocs and the Title Game...after the tickets sold out, the offered all the extra one's they had for $25 dollars (and the extra $5 went to Special Olympics)...there were people offering their extras today on Sport Talk at 2 for $45 (and the $5 being the service charge they had to pay).

When I searched on ebay last night, more then half the tickets being sold on ebay were from North Carolina or specifically Boone. So quit trying to blame you not being able to get a ticket on Chattanoogans.

Will some people scalp? Sure, it is reality...but to act like it is some wholesale conspiracy by locals to keep you and your friends out of the game is just false.

A real fan would never let something like no tickets stop them!!!! Worst case...you come over, you tailgate will all you App friends all afternoon and either....

1) get a ticket (wait until the game starts and someone gets desperate)...I bet you it will still be cheaper than going to a concert...or a bar tab from a big night of partying

or

2) stand right on the other side of the fence from the plaza where you can see the game from the endzone even though you aren't inside the gate (the view is actually not too bad)

or

3) go watch it on TV at T-Bones right at the end of the parking lot then sneak in after halftime once they quit watching the gates.

Of course, they hopefully will release SRO tickets sometime in the morning and much of the whining will be solved...get ya a room somewhere on I-75 North or South of downtown (plenty or room within 15 minutes drive)...the room are half the price of downtown anyway....and come support your APPS!!!!

Sorry for the rant...I am just getting a bit thin skinned from all the complaining and unwarranted bashing of my fellow 'Noogans.

GGASU
December 12th, 2006, 11:05 PM
The game didn't sell out last year because of UNI's ticket allotment.

Appalachian could have sold a lot more tickets early in the week. When UNI returned their unsold tickets either Wed. or Thursday the App fans who couldn't get tickets early in the week either assumed it was sold out or had made other plans for the viewing of the game.

The game would definitely benefit from a week in between games. It would clear up problems like last year plus fans from a long distance like UMASS would be able to plan a trip and probably double their attendance.

spoogemcgee18
December 12th, 2006, 11:11 PM
I drove to the NC State game only to watch the entire first half on the scoreboard. Eventually I pleaded with a security guard to let me in.
Don't worry, you'll get in somehow.

Kill'em
December 12th, 2006, 11:42 PM
For those looking for a place to stay, Hixon is a good one. It is 20 minutes from the stadium and has good accomodations. We stayed at a Hampton when we were in THE Title Game. :bawling:

bamamountaineer1013
December 12th, 2006, 11:46 PM
anyone know when the ASU- Ytown game is replayed on espn. I got to catch UMass-Mont last night. Thanks

BigDukeDawg
December 12th, 2006, 11:56 PM
go App. State

AppStateSVX
December 13th, 2006, 12:18 AM
i wish I had gotten tickets, but GO ASU regardless

BeauFoster
December 13th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Sorry biggie, I know you are frustrated, but the statement above just doesn't hold water...the event has been here 10 years...it has never sold out before...no one knew last month that the game would sell out...the last nine years, no money could be made "scalping" because there were plenty of tickets (typically you would see people trying to sell their extras for 5 or 10 bucks)...but you have deducted...with no evidence...that hundreds, if not thousands of locals suddenly scooped up tickets in the chance that this time it would be a sell out so they could go and gouge people on Friday night.

A good example of the exact opposite being true would be the Summers and Wyatt attorneys here locally...they bought 160 tickets out of civic pride...the support the Mocs and the Title Game...after the tickets sold out, the offered all the extra one's they had for $25 dollars (and the extra $5 went to Special Olympics)...there were people offering their extras today on Sport Talk at 2 for $45 (and the $5 being the service charge they had to pay).

When I searched on ebay last night, more then half the tickets being sold on ebay were from North Carolina or specifically Boone. So quit trying to blame you not being able to get a ticket on Chattanoogans.

Will some people scalp? Sure, it is reality...but to act like it is some wholesale conspiracy by locals to keep you and your friends out of the game is just false.

A real fan would never let something like no tickets stop them!!!! Worst case...you come over, you tailgate will all you App friends all afternoon and either....

1) get a ticket (wait until the game starts and someone gets desperate)...I bet you it will still be cheaper than going to a concert...or a bar tab from a big night of partying

or

2) stand right on the other side of the fence from the plaza where you can see the game from the endzone even though you aren't inside the gate (the view is actually not too bad)

or

3) go watch it on TV at T-Bones right at the end of the parking lot then sneak in after halftime once they quit watching the gates.

Of course, they hopefully will release SRO tickets sometime in the morning and much of the whining will be solved...get ya a room somewhere on I-75 North or South of downtown (plenty or room within 15 minutes drive)...the room are half the price of downtown anyway....and come support your APPS!!!!

Sorry for the rant...I am just getting a bit thin skinned from all the complaining and unwarranted bashing of my fellow 'Noogans.

I like what you say here, but you are unfortunately preaching to a deaf choir! The tickets have been sold through GoMocs for at least 2 months. That is how my sister got hers (before the MSU game, btw)

appst97
December 13th, 2006, 06:52 AM
anyone know when the ASU- Ytown game is replayed on espn. I got to catch UMass-Mont last night. Thanks

Wed morning @ 10:oo the ASU replay will be on ESPNU...609 directv

GO APPS!!!!

Go Apps
December 13th, 2006, 08:03 AM
There are tickets available through the Umass ticket office and a few on ebay

MYTAPPY
December 13th, 2006, 08:36 AM
I took a chance and reserved a room in Chatty after the Western Carolina game. The hotel said I could cancel 24 hours before without penalty so I said, "sign me up". As for the tickets, I left the YSU game a little early and stood in line at KBS. I know some of you couldn't be in Boone over the weekend to get tickets, but there is nothing wrong with reserving a hotel room early.
I talked to a scalper at last years game and his asking price wasn't too horrible. They are an option if you don't have a ticket. I hope everyone gets a chance to come to the 'Nooga.
I myself am leaving from Charlotte tomorrow morning around 10 or 11. Hope to see some of you out tomorrow night (App or UMass fan) with drink in hand. Safe travels.
xprost2x

bcrawf
December 13th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Appalachain being there creates an isolated incident because of there proximity (for you Appy fans that means you are close) to Chatty. Please do not make it seem like UNI didn't bring anybody last year, we had over 9,000 fans there.

PS- This situation with Appy may be rectified the year after next as UNI and Cedar Falls are going after this game HARD after being runner-up to Chatty last time. We are installing FieldTurf in the Dome and the Cedar Valley will come out for this game whether UNI is in it or not...

MYTAPPY
December 13th, 2006, 08:47 AM
For those App fans that have home side tickets, I have a suggestion. I did this last year and it worked. Find a scalper, and you can, and see if he has any visitor side tickets. If so, offer the guy a trade. Your home side tickets for his visitor side tickets. You may have to barter a little bit and maybe slide the guy an extra 10, but it should work.

lizrdgizrd
December 13th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Appalachain being there creates an isolated incident because of there proximity (for you Appy fans that means you are close) to Chatty. Please do not make it seem like UNI didn't bring anybody last year, we had over 9,000 fans there.

PS- This situation with Appy may be rectified the year after next as UNI and Cedar Falls are going after this game HARD after being runner-up to Chatty last time. We are installing FieldTurf in the Dome and the Cedar Valley will come out for this game whether UNI is in it or not...
How's the weather up that way generally this time of year? When I lived in DesMoines we usually had several inches (if not a few feet) of snow by Halloween. I'm not sure that's generally conducive to a festival atmosphere. xcoffeex

bcrawf
December 13th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Actually we got one dusting earlier in November, but today we will be in the mid-40's. Its been like this the past few Decembers, its the Novembers that are killing us.... go figure...

Griswold
December 13th, 2006, 09:06 AM

It's not that I wouldn't want it played outside of Chattanooga it that I wouldn't want it in a dome. : smh :

appfan2008
December 13th, 2006, 09:06 AM
App fans just need to go and get in some how... We need all of you who can make it... ticket or not!

ericappstate
December 13th, 2006, 09:41 AM
950 GA tickets available

http://www.goasu.com/article/10038/?fSession=1d59a6d449b3c33f2e950445e79f22cae34a8373

biggie
December 13th, 2006, 10:13 AM
We finally got ours a few minutes ago, sure they are goin fast though. Was on hold about 5 mins through App ticket office.

YOsef
December 13th, 2006, 10:48 AM
950 GA tickets available

http://www.goasu.com/article/10038/?fSession=1d59a6d449b3c33f2e950445e79f22cae34a8373

Great news for everyone who couldnt get tickets, bad news for those that spent 400 bucks on ebay for tickets. Patience is a virtue...

psc2445
December 13th, 2006, 11:01 AM
After all these years of people complaining that this game hasn't sold out, I think this is great! Congratulations Chatty, UMass and App State!

here here, this is what big games are all about. we just arent used to this level of interest on our level. scalping goes on at every big game venue. this is a good problem to have, imo.

chattanoogamocs
December 13th, 2006, 11:15 AM

So how is moving an event from a stadium that has now sold almost 22,000 tickets to a stadium that holds only 16,000 going to rectify anything?

Oh wait, move it to Iowa...you're right, that will rectify it.

Go as hard as you want Cedar Falls...and best of luck to ya...we love competition!

:smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

APPSTER
December 13th, 2006, 11:58 AM

Jeez Louise...Chattanooga is off the radar enough as it is....Iowa? Inside? Give me a break.

ASU Kep
December 13th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Boone, NC anybody? :D

If pushed, I'm pretty sure the Rock can accommodate approximtely 1/2 of the world's population.

Kill'em
December 13th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I think it is great that at our level, we can talk about scalping. Who says we have to be in the BCS? :hurray:

proasu89
December 13th, 2006, 02:26 PM
: smh : More Mountaineer faithful are losing hope each hour of watching our team play in the National Championship game. Many have hotels already lined up but no tickets, others no tickets no hotel. Some have tickets, no hotel. Shame :nonono2:

It looks to me that Chatty may not have been a large enough venue for ASU to be at this year. Demand has thus over extended supply. I am no business major, but I think when that happens you got major problems. What do other fans that are heading to the game or still wanting to, this year think?
Congrats #96 I'm glad you'll be joining us in Chattanooga. DON'T GIVE UP. DON'T EVER GIVE UP. Sorry about the Jimmy V reference but I couldn't resist. :hurray:

ericappstate
December 13th, 2006, 02:37 PM
SOLD OUT

ericappstate
December 13th, 2006, 02:38 PM
SOLD OUT

http://www.goasu.com/article/10038/?fSession=8217a542c06c05b27eba5ba917679f25c996290e

GrizFamily
December 13th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Just got my tickets and will be joining y'all on the Appy side. Same seats I sat in last year. Exactly!! Got the hotel too. Is a Griz Fan welcome on the Appy side?

Griswold
December 13th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Just got my tickets and will be joining y'all on the Appy side. Same seats I sat in last year. Exactly!! Got the hotel too. Is a Griz Fan welcome on the Appy side?

This Griswold will welcome you! :hurray:

GrizFamily
December 13th, 2006, 02:50 PM
This Griswold will welcome you! :hurray:

That sounds about right. GrizFam and Grizwold. Good luck to Ap too.

texcap
December 13th, 2006, 02:52 PM

Where did you get the 9,000 UNI fans number?

I was there and my guess is that UNI had maybe 6,000 max in attendance, which is very good considering distance they traveled, but I can gurantee you that they were not 40% of the crowd. (The 40% figure uses the capacity of the stadium (22,000), which I know too high. With the actual attendance the 9,000 you mention would be even a higher percentage of the crowd.)

bcrawf
December 13th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Attendance at the Pep Rally at the Pavillion was over 9,000. Thats where that info comes from. Us Iowans will travel for our football...

penguin8797
December 13th, 2006, 03:58 PM
A sellout is a good thing for Chattanooga. That is what they want every year, empty seats are their problem, not people without tickets. Some years the stadium was barely half full. Check out the attendance fig's from previous years
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I-AA_national_football_championship

JohnStOnge
December 13th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I'm not an App fan per se but I love watching the (fomerly I-AA) CS championship games on TV and I'm not going to be able to do that live because my wife wants me to go to a Christmas Party with her. I'll have to tape it and stay away from sources that'd let me know who won.

APPST '93
December 13th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Attendance at the Pep Rally at the Pavillion was over 9,000. Thats where that info comes from. Us Iowans will travel for our football...

Are you sure you had that many prople there? That means you had the same amount as ASU. I would guess 5000-6000. We had far more fans there than UNI.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 13th, 2006, 06:15 PM
A sellout is a good thing for Chattanooga. That is what they want every year, empty seats are their problem, not people without tickets. Some years the stadium was barely half full. Check out the attendance fig's from previous years
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I-AA_national_football_championship
Great information on the attendance.

It's awesome that this game is a sellout.....with ASU having a chance to repeat probably brings more fans this year........based on the attendance posted, this would be the first time Chatty has sold out.

Good luck to both teams....

proasu89
December 13th, 2006, 06:35 PM
I can't buy those figures. I was in the Pavillion for both pep rally's and no way was there 9,000.

soweagle
December 13th, 2006, 07:15 PM
I can't buy those figures. I was in the Pavillion for both pep rally's and no way was there 9,000.

Can you even get 9,000 in that pavillion?

texcap
December 13th, 2006, 09:26 PM
There is absolutely no way that UNI had 45% of those in attendance last year (9,000 fans). They had a great showing considering the distance, but i would be willing tobet that 9,000 is almost double the actual number.

I am sure that someone can look up on an AGS thrfead from last year how many tickets they were alloted and actually sold.

Heck, Cap'n Cat could probably gives us a good estimate. Cap'n are you out there?

HiHiYikas
December 13th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Oddly enough, my extra pair of tickets are available again. 30 yard line, row 2, UMass side. Good spot for getting on TV.

PM me if you're interested

GGASU
December 13th, 2006, 10:00 PM
There is absolutely no way that UNI had 45% of those in attendance last year (9,000 fans). They had a great showing considering the distance, but i would be willing tobet that 9,000 is almost double the actual number.

I am sure that someone can look up on an AGS thrfead from last year how many tickets they were alloted and actually sold.

Here is the link to the thread from last year.

UNI returned 1100 of their 5000 ticket allotment.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6423&highlight=RETURNED+TICKETS

bcrawf
December 13th, 2006, 10:13 PM
9,000 was what was reported by all three local TV stations and all of the area newspapers including the Des Moines Register and Waterloo Courier...

I didn't get to go, just saying what was reported...

BigApp
December 13th, 2006, 10:18 PM

it's on right now ESPNU, call your bookie :smiley_wi

appsfan
December 13th, 2006, 10:19 PM
On another note, does anyone know what section(s) of the stadium were today's tickets in?

BigApp
December 13th, 2006, 10:25 PM
was at the game last year. I was impressed by UNI's turnout. that being said, there's no way in hell they had 9,000 there, unless they're subtracting the approximate amount we had there from total attendance.

that's the only way they could get a number that high.

chattanoogamocs
December 13th, 2006, 10:39 PM
On another note, does anyone know what section(s) of the stadium were today's tickets in?

I believe the tickets sold today by ASU will be the temporary bleachers in the east end zone.

bkrownd
December 13th, 2006, 11:11 PM
I'm not an App fan per se but I love watching the (fomerly I-AA) CS championship games on TV and I'm not going to be able to do that live because my wife wants me to go to a Christmas Party with her. I'll have to tape it and stay away from sources that'd let me know who won.

What the hell is it with these Friday games? I'm going to be at work! :mad: :nonono2:

appfan2008
December 13th, 2006, 11:57 PM
There were numerous empty seats in the UNI section and besides that we (APP) had more fans on the HOME side than they did in total...

Kill'em
December 14th, 2006, 12:11 AM
What the hell is it with these Friday games? I'm going to be at work! :mad: :nonono2:
This is why I schedule vacation time.