PDA

View Full Version : Nicholls State Announces Facility Upgrade

GeauxColonels
December 12th, 2006, 05:48 PM
NICHOLLS FOOTBALL FIELD TO GET ASTROTURF SURFACE

THIBODAUX – The Nicholls State University partnership with legendary Saints quarterback Archie Manning and his Manning Passing Academy is bringing a new football playing field of AstroTurf to Guidry Stadium.

Manning, who recently signed on as the new spokesman for AstroTurf, requested that the playing surface be installed at Nicholls for use by both the Colonels and the players who attend the Manning Passing Academy each July at the university. General Sports Venue, the exclusive marketer of AstroTurf, donated the new surface....

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Although it says AstroTurf, it is only that in name. It's not like the surface that used to be in every dome in the world...it's actually going to be the same as (or similar to) the surface in Chattanooga that Appalachian State and UMass will have the pleasure of playing on Friday night.

As you can tell, I'm absolutely ecstatic about this news! I have been complaining for several year about the quality of the playing surface in Guidry Stadium. Then, to add insult to injury, it seems as though almost every other SLC team was upgrading their playing surface. This will most DEFINITELY help in recruiting and exposure for the program!

The new official name of the facility will now be:
Manning Field Presented By AstroTurf at John L. Guidry Stadium

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TxSt02
December 12th, 2006, 05:54 PM
whored out...

GeauxColonels
December 12th, 2006, 05:57 PM
whored out...
Because we host one of the most highly regarded camps in the nation and Archie Manning teamed up with AstroTurf to provide a quality surface? Say whatever you want...it's a step in the right direction.

Freightliner
December 12th, 2006, 05:58 PM
well...so much for sloppy field conditions in Thibidoux anymore!

nice pickup!

GeauxLions94
December 12th, 2006, 06:07 PM
well...so much for sloppy field conditions in Thibidoux anymore!

nice pickup!

And so goes the nickname of "The Swamp" ... only McNeese State and Central Arkansas will be the only SLC schools left with the natural stuff.

slostang
December 12th, 2006, 08:03 PM
NICHOLLS FOOTBALL FIELD TO GET ASTROTURF SURFACE

THIBODAUX – The Nicholls State University partnership with legendary Saints quarterback Archie Manning and his Manning Passing Academy is bringing a new football playing field of AstroTurf to Guidry Stadium.

Manning, who recently signed on as the new spokesman for AstroTurf, requested that the playing surface be installed at Nicholls for use by both the Colonels and the players who attend the Manning Passing Academy each July at the university. General Sports Venue, the exclusive marketer of AstroTurf, donated the new surface....

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Although it says AstroTurf, it is only that in name. It's not like the surface that used to be in every dome in the world...it's actually going to be the same as (or similar to) the surface in Chattanooga that Appalachian State and UMass will have the pleasure of playing on Friday night.

As you can tell, I'm absolutely ecstatic about this news! I have been complaining for several year about the quality of the playing surface in Guidry Stadium. Then, to add insult to injury, it seems as though almost every other SLC team was upgrading their playing surface. This will most DEFINITELY help in recruiting and exposure for the program!

The new official name of the facility will now be:
Manning Field Presented By AstroTurf at John L. Guidry Stadium

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Great news. I think AstroTurf's new synthetic field that is filled with ground rubber like Field Turf is called AstroPlay.

patssle
December 12th, 2006, 09:11 PM
ya'll don't have a videoboard, right?

patssle
December 12th, 2006, 09:12 PM
nice, we're getting new turf as well next season.

do ya'll have a videoboard?

McNeese75
December 12th, 2006, 09:47 PM
whored out...

And you would tap it in an instant if they offered to do something (like a video board) at Bobcat Stadium :nod:

McNeese75
December 12th, 2006, 09:49 PM
And so goes the nickname of "The Swamp" ... only McNeese State and Central Arkansas will be the only SLC schools left with the natural stuff.

:nod: I hear we are putting a new soaking system in so we can control which part of the field to flood and create havoc with all our artificial turf bretheren in the SLC when they visit the Hole :D

GeauxLions94
December 13th, 2006, 12:38 AM
:nod: I hear we are putting a new soaking system in so we can control which part of the field to flood and create havoc with all our artificial turf bretheren in the SLC when they visit the Hole :D

xlolx xlolx xlolx ... If that's the case, then Cowboy Stadium can be called "the SwampHole" xlolx

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 13th, 2006, 12:51 AM
congrats.:thumbsup:

Freightliner
December 13th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Say whatever you want...it's a step in the right direction.

Sorry to hijack but what ever came out of that student referendum about trying to get more money into the program?

MplsBison
December 13th, 2006, 10:30 AM
I thought McNeese had fieldturf?

GeauxColonels
December 13th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Sorry to hijack but what ever came out of that student referendum about trying to get more money into the program?
The students actually voted to assess themselves an athletics fee based on one's hourly load. So, things are moving in the right direction! :hurray:

I also heard from a team trainer that they will be making some improvements to the weight room for the football team too!

GeauxColonels
December 13th, 2006, 06:12 PM
nice, we're getting new turf as well next season.

do ya'll have a videoboard?
Not really...we added a scoreboard several years back that had a video screen.......but it isn't capable of live video...only computer graphics :(

GeauxColonels
December 13th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Great news. I think AstroTurf's new synthetic field that is filled with ground rubber like Field Turf is called AstroPlay.
Yeah, I think that's the name that it is referred to as. On their site, they have a few different versions of football field surfaces...not sure which one we'll be getting though.

MplsBison
December 13th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Astroplay was made by Astroturf, but they went out of business.

There are quite a few companies that do the turf now. Fieldturf from Montreal I believe was the first and they have the most clients currently.