PDA

View Full Version : Best Rematch Game of Round 2?

JSUSoutherner
November 29th, 2015, 02:31 PM
With 6 of the 8 second round matches being rematches from the 2015 regular season, which rematch are you most looking forward to?

IBleedYellow
November 29th, 2015, 02:34 PM
NDSU Vs Montana was an amazing football game back in August.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
November 29th, 2015, 03:07 PM
I excluded myself from voting for NDSU/Montana so outside of that I chose SHSU and McNeese. This year is this year but those two teams are polar opposites when it comes to playoff pedigree in recent years. Does SHSU once again pull the upset on a seeded playoff team and does McNeese once again underperform in the playoffs or do they buck those trends?

I also think Chatty and JSU will be a good one. I think Chatty is the best unseeded team left in the field.

SUPharmacist
November 29th, 2015, 03:16 PM
I chose to be a homer with my vote, but I think Citadel-Charleston Southern should be a classic.

Bisonoline
November 29th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Im looking forward to all of them except the Ill St and W. Ill. I dont think that will be much of a game.

melloware13
November 29th, 2015, 04:27 PM
A week ago, I would have projected UR-W&M to be a competitive game. After yesterday, I think Spiders have easy road to Normal.

crossfire07
November 29th, 2015, 05:20 PM
I excluded myself from voting for NDSU/Montana so outside of that I chose SHSU and McNeese. This year is this year but those two teams are polar opposites when it comes to playoff pedigree in recent years. Does SHSU once again pull the upset on a seeded playoff team and does McNeese once again underperform in the playoffs or do they buck those trends?

I also think Chatty and JSU will be a good one. I think Chatty is the best unseeded team left in the field.
I think the trend ends just because of who it is. They haven't forgotten what Keeler said after their offense got shut out so the boys on D have a point to make.AGAIN!

CommishBigSmooth
November 29th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Im looking forward to all of them except the Ill St and W. Ill. I dont think that will be much of a game.

Really? Western had the lead mid 3rd quarter when they played in October (in Normal also) I don' t think it will be that easy. But I also expect Illinois State to win.

ST_Lawson
November 29th, 2015, 06:50 PM
Really? Western had the lead mid 3rd quarter when they played in October (in Normal also) I don' t think it will be that easy. But I also expect Illinois State to win.

Yup, up 28-21 halfway into the 3rd quarter. Still was within a score until a wild fumble bounced right into the hands of the WR who was able to just step it into the end zone to go up 2 scores. If we can limit a few more of the big plays this time, it could be a much closer game. I didn't vote for our game in this poll, but it could still be exciting.

Personally, I can't wait to see the Montana @ NDSU rematch. I don't know about the other matchups, but I also know there's quite a bit of history in the W&M vs Richmond game (125th meeting if my numbers are correct) and the WIU vs ISU game (98th meeting). It helps that both sets of teams have essentially been in the same conferences for almost the entire time since they started playing football and that both are very close to each other.

EDIT:
Jacksonville State and Chattanooga will be the 39th meeting
Charleston Southern and The Citadel is on it's 10th meeting
James Madison and Colgate, first time meeting
McNeese State and Sam Houston State, 38th meeting
Montana and North Dakota State, 8th meeting
Portland State and Northern Iowa, first meeting

Based on College Football Data Warehouse numbers.

jsualumnus
November 29th, 2015, 08:20 PM

Agreed!! Watched it from a hunting spot!

BearKatProud
November 29th, 2015, 08:25 PM
I think the trend ends just because of who it is. They haven't forgotten what Keeler said after their offense got shut out so the boys on D have a point to make.AGAIN!

It's amazing logic like this that sets mcneese fans apart from the rest of us.

tribefan40
November 29th, 2015, 09:45 PM
A week ago, I would have projected UR-W&M to be a competitive game. After yesterday, I think Spiders have easy road to Normal.

We shall see, but don't base anything on Saturday. The Dukes played out of their minds, particularly the fella under center. Let's not forget UR only mustered 20 against us the week before. If our offense plays better (God knows it couldn't play much worse) it will be much more competitive than the season finale. Go Tribe.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2015, 08:09 AM

I think WIU was flat last week looking towards this game and that they will make it a good game.

UNIFanSince1983
November 30th, 2015, 09:14 AM
I voted for both NDSU vs Montana and JSU vs Chatty.

Obviously a rematch of a great first college football game this year. Then I added JSU vs Chatty because Chatty looked so good last Saturday and has lost the last two years against JSU. Seeing if they can change the trend on Saturday.

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2015, 12:25 PM

..xcoolx...WHAA'D HE SAY?.......AH VOTED SAM HOUSTON/MCNEESE....OWN-LAH 'CAUSE....TA POST...WAS NECESSARY TA VOTE...COULD MAKE UH CASE FO' EVERAH ONE UH DOSE GAMES......AWK!

dewey
November 30th, 2015, 12:34 PM

Agreed! Ots of storyline for this game.

I can't wait to take my 5 year old to the game on Saturday!

Dewey

RabidRabbit
November 30th, 2015, 02:25 PM
MT/NDSU August game was one of the two most entertaining games I watched this season. The other was the Harvard/Dartmouth game. Jacks played a good half of a game vs MT. Too bad that they didn't show up until the 2nd half.

It will be interesting to see who emerges out of the Black/Blue Bracket. Shame regionalization takes such a high priority that CAA/MVFC clashes rarely happen. Would love to see Jacks play east rather than west.