PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga at Jax State: Round 2 Predictions

jsualumnus
November 28th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Always a good game, it's Chattanooga's turn to come to JSU and face the Gamecocks once again. In the last 3 meetings, JSU has won each game by 3 points. JSU comes in healthy in all positions but did lose 6'7" DE LaMichael Fanning in the 3rd game of the season. Last season's JSU team had more than 20 people injured, with some of those being starters, in their loss to SHSU.

Offense Rank:
JSU's = 4th
UTC's = 46th

Defense Rank:
JSU's = 5th
UTC's = 21st

My prediction is JSU - 24, and UTC - 20...

Milktruck74
November 28th, 2015, 06:23 PM
It'll be a fun one.

mamberso
November 28th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Should be a great game. I think whoever wins this one goes to Frisco. JSU 24-20.

And on behalf of the sane portion of our fanbase, I apologize for where this thread will inevitably go.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Bison56
November 28th, 2015, 06:51 PM
31-28 Chatty.

Mocs123
November 28th, 2015, 07:04 PM
And on behalf of the sane portion of our fanbase, I apologize for where this thread will inevitably go.

The same can be said for one of our fans as well.

I am really looking forward to the game and the trip down, as much as I have grown to dislike JSU over the years I have a real respect for the program you have built. You have a great stadium with a fantastic crowd, great band, and a really nice game day atmosphere. It seems like our games have always been close down to the wire contests and you can tell that there is a lot of emotion in the game.

We are a little banged up and have 3 starters that I would expect to be out for the game and a couple other starters and key reserves that are not at 100%. I am most worried about the interior defense line where we have both starters out. You guys are always so good at the line of scrimmage that I feel you may make us pay for our inexperience there.

Hopefully the players hear that they have no chance against JSU all week and really get up for the game. We are going to have to play our best to pull off an upset in front of what I am sure will be a loud and rowdy crowd.

jsualumnus
November 28th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Man, you guys sure looked good today!

Milktruck74
November 28th, 2015, 08:27 PM
If our OLine can get half the push they got today, we stand a chance....but then again the DL for Jax state is a hair (a very big hair) better than Fordham's DL. We have the tools to win, but we are going to have to play a mistake free game and bring the heat for 60 minutes!

chattanoogamocs
November 28th, 2015, 08:45 PM
but then again the DL for Jax state is a hair better than Fordham's DL.

JSU DL is a whole Donald Trump head of hair better than Fordham's DL.

- - - Updated - - -

31-28 Chatty.

If Chattanooga plays JSU enough times, just by sheer dumb luck, we ought to win one of them. Hopefully it will be on Saturday. :)

Mocs123
November 28th, 2015, 08:54 PM
I feel like the last two years JSU's defense is the best that we have seen and that includes Tennessee and Florida State. They have a great defense that shut our offense down. We looked very conservative play calling wise in both games and hopefully we are a little more wide open next week. Our defense kept us in the game both years

We are certainly capable of winning this game, but we are going to have to win the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball, which is something I feel like JSU has done the past two times that we have played.

We also have to win the turnover battle and have great special teams play.

jsualumnus
November 28th, 2015, 09:42 PM
If our OLine can get half the push they got today, we stand a chance....but then again the DL for Jax state is a hair (a very big hair) better than Fordham's DL. We have the tools to win, but we are going to have to play a mistake free game and bring the heat for 60 minutes!

Disagree... JSU's DL is one of the best I've seen in FCS football. Definitely the best JSU has ever had...

JSU Rushing Defense = 6th in FCS
Fordham Rushing Defense = 46th in FCS

Chattanoogamocs is correct!

Redbirdz
November 28th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Fordham is definitely not Jax State.

Milktruck74
November 28th, 2015, 09:52 PM
the DL for Jax state is a hair (a very big hair) better than Fordham's DL.

My sarcasm Doesn't convey very well.

jsualumnus
November 28th, 2015, 09:53 PM
My sarcasm Doesn't convey very well.

Got me!!!

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Chatty looked great today! Not just because Fordham's defense was non existent, but just based off how well Chatty executed and controlled the game. I hope our defense is able to shut Huesman and the Chatty offense down like we have in recent years. If we don't handle them they will definitely handle us.
My prediction:
What I have on my bracket from before the Fordham game: 27-10 JSU.
What I think now after seeing the Fordham game: 35-27 JSU.

I can see this game going either way. It will be fun having a packed house if Chatty can bring more fans to Burgess than they had at Finley today. It's gonna be a great game.

Milktruck74
November 29th, 2015, 08:36 AM
We have to tools necessary to win this game. It is just going to come down to which Mocs OLine shows up.

El Cid 80
November 29th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Congrats by the way! Well done!

Mocs123
November 29th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Chattanooga (fewest yards gained in 2015)
1.) Jacksonville State - 196 yards
2.) Wofford - 265 yards (I think the offense forgot to get off the bus)
3.) Florida State - 273 yards
4.) Furman - 349 yards
5.) Presbyterian - 400 yards

Chattanooga (most yards gained in 2015)
1.) Fordham - 560 yards
2.) Western Carolina - 547 yards
3.) Mars Hill - 518 yards
4.) VMI - 490 yards
5.) The Citadel - 489 yards

Chattanooga (most yards given up in 2015)
1.) Florida State - 428 yards
2.) Mars Hill - 428 yards (I think the defense stayed in the locker room)
3.) Fordham - 416 yards
4.) Jacksonville State - 411 yards
5. The Citadel - 389 yards

Chattanooga (fewest yards given up in 2015)
1.) Presbyterian - 117 yards
2.) Furman - 235 yards
3.) VMI - 262 yards
4.) Western Carolina - 283 yards
5.) Samford - 313 yards

Redbirdz
November 29th, 2015, 10:22 AM
JSU again 24-17.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 29th, 2015, 11:19 AM
So Jax State gets the #1 seed and plays (arguably) the toughest game of all of the seeds. Makes sense.

chattownmocs
November 29th, 2015, 11:33 AM
So Jax State gets the #1 seed and plays (arguably) the toughest game of all of the seeds. Makes sense.

Lol. They think they got a great draw is what is funny.

AshevilleApp2
November 29th, 2015, 11:42 AM
No prediction. But I think this will be the best game of the second round.

Mocs123
November 29th, 2015, 12:29 PM
I hope it is a good game and it usually is when we play, but JSU is an amazing team.

I am not surprised they think they got a great draw. While all of our games in recent years have been close, they have won them, and they know exactly what they are getting into.

jsualumnus
November 29th, 2015, 01:26 PM

Who said it was a great draw? We're just confident we can beat you again... Either way, somebody has to win and the full 60 minutes is incredible usually!

longtimemocfan
November 29th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Always a good game, it's Chattanooga's turn to come to JSU and face the Gamecocks once again. In the last 3 meetings, JSU has won each game by 3 points. JSU comes in healthy in all positions but did lose 6'7" DE LaMichael Fanning in the 3rd game of the season. Last season's JSU team had more than 20 people injured, with some of those being starters, in their loss to SHSU.

Offense Rank:
JSU's = 4th
UTC's = 46th

Defense Rank:
JSU's = 5th
UTC's = 21st

My prediction is JSU - 24, and UTC - 20...

Wow !!! Not sure who replaced him, but that dude was a beast. Had a difficult time trying to block him all night. Could be somewhat a factor. Had a linebacker that's pretty good too. Heck Jax. St's whole defense is pretty awesome, just remember those 2 players living in our backfield most of the night.

JaxSinfonian
November 29th, 2015, 02:02 PM

Great as in an easy win? Show me more than one JSU fan who thinks that. I'll wait. (You may be thinking of Bison fans, who believe JSU is on the "easy" side of the bracket.)

Great as in an interesting, exciting, hard-to-predict game with the chance for a good crowd? Yes, many of us probably think that.

Toby
November 29th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Go UTC! I hope the team that beat Fordham yesterday shows up and not the one that played at Mercer.... :)

The Cats
November 29th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Good Luck Mocs, I know the Catamounts will be pulling for you to win. Looking forward to that UTC - The Citadel rematch.

jsualumnus
November 29th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Wow !!! Not sure who replaced him, but that dude was a beast. Had a difficult time trying to block him all night. Could be somewhat a factor. Had a linebacker that's pretty good too. Heck Jax. St's whole defense is pretty awesome, just remember those 2 players living in our backfield most of the night.

The guy who sacked Huesman to end the game earlier this year replaced Fanning. His name is Darius Jackson #40... He's a beast like Fanning with 6 sacks on the year for -27 yds.

longtimemocfan
November 29th, 2015, 09:47 PM
The guy who sacked Huesman to end the game earlier this year replaced Fanning. His name is Darius Jackson #40... He's a beast like Fanning with 6 sacks on the year for -27 yds.

Be interesting to see how we can adjust. I know since that game we have some max protect sets that have been pretty effective. I did hear Coach Huesman say that the rivalry was renewed because of the new coaching staff that is in place now. Evidently he had issue with Jack Crowe ?

jsualumnus
November 29th, 2015, 10:09 PM
I think a few coaches had issues with Crowe... Fans did for sure! Really glad the series picked back up!

JSUSoutherner
November 29th, 2015, 10:10 PM
It's fun because he isn't even our best defensive weapon. Lol

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2015, 05:25 AM
Go UTC! I hope the team that beat Fordham yesterday shows up and not the one that played at Mercer.... :)

Pretty sure those are one in the same, my ursine compatriot. The competition is the independent variable in that equation.

Regardless, best of luck to the Mocs! I have JSU winning it all in my AGS bracket...but I will be rooting hard for Chatt to ruin my entry!

Mocs123
November 30th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Ok, I am pretty familiar with JSU as we play each other fairly often and have been down to watch at least two games in Jacksonville. I was at the game in Chattanooga so I knew you were a great team that handed us a heartbreaking loss (yet again) and you rolled through the OVC but here are some numbers to compare:

Points scored per game
UTC 29.1
JSU 37.5

Yards gained per game
UTC 413
JSU 503

Passing Yards per game
UTC 171.2
JSU 224.3

Rushing yards per game
UTC 241.8
JSU 278.7

% of offense is rushing yards
UTC 59%
JSU 55%

Time of possession:
UTC 32:58
JSU 32:25

Sacks allowed
UTC 14
JSU 14

Intersections thrown
UTC 9
JSU 6

Red zone scoring
UTC 81%
JSU 80%

Red zone TDs
UTC 55%
JSU 59%

Points allowed per game
UTC 20.9
JSU 16.3

Yards allowed per game
UTC 327.9
JSU 277.1

Passing yards allowed per game
UTC 175.2
JSU 184.5

Rushing yards allowed per game
UTC 152.7
JSU 92.6

Sacks by
UTC 32
JSU 35

Interceptions made
UTC 8
JSU 14

F\G
UTC 17 of 21
JSU 12 of 21

PAT
UTC 42 of 42
JSU 45 of 48

Net Punting
UTC 35.4
JSU 36.7

Net kickoffs
UTC 38.8
JSU 39.9

I see two very good defensive teams that like to get after the quarterback. On offense both teams like to run the ball but throw when needed.

On a side note why couldn't you have missed a few of those field goals during our game :)

walliver
November 30th, 2015, 02:01 PM
It is very hard to beat a good team twice in one year. Chatty has been under-rated all year. A lot has been made of their close calls in conference, but most of the "bad" SoCon teams they have struggled with are not that bad. Huesman and Son pull off a 31-28 victory.

longtimemocfan
November 30th, 2015, 02:15 PM
I think a few coaches had issues with Crowe... Fans did for sure! Really glad the series picked back up!

Yes, I'm glad the series was picked back up as well. Jax St as good a rivalry as we have going right now.

Mocs123
November 30th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Also for those unfamiliar with the series we have a history of playing close games in recent years:

JSU 23
UTC 20

JSU 26
UTC 23 OT

UTC 24
JSU 27

I think the 2012 game was the game where they kicked a FG with no time on the clock

JSU 17
UTC 38

UTC 17
JSU 21

It seems like this year we were up late in the 4th and JSU squibbed it our backup TE fumbled the kick and JSU scored on the possession when we "should" have been able to run the clock out.

JSU 31
UTC 3

Rodney Allison's last year and a 1-11 UTC Team. Huesman was hired a couple of months later.

UTC 19
JSU 33

JSU 13
UTC 10

The infamous "you never take points off the board game" where we kicked a FG to tie with about 8 seconds left but there was a JSU penalty so then coach Rodney Allison took points off the board and we threw a pass short of the end zone. Game over....the beginning of the end for Rodney Allison.

UTC 21
JSU 18

Perhaps the high point of the Rodney Allison era the "we're not Furman" game.

Milktruck74
November 30th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Intersections thrown
UTC 9
JSU 6

Were they all on Crossing routes? Haha, Damn auto correct!!!

Mocs123
November 30th, 2015, 02:36 PM
Were they all on Crossing routes? Haha, Damn auto correct!!!

Well the interceptions were all thrown on routes where the defender intersected the path of the ball :).

Mocs123
November 30th, 2015, 02:41 PM
BTW it was painful reliving all of those games with JSU. I was at every game except the 2007 game at JSU for some reason.

I traveled to JSU in 2005, 2010, and 2012 and had a great time ( at least until the end of the game in 2010 and 2012)

Huesman is 1-4 against JSU with losses by 4 points, 3 points, 3 points, and 3 points. He did have a blowout win at home in 2011 which is uncharacteristic for the series.

Toby
November 30th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Pretty sure those are one in the same, my ursine compatriot. The competition is the independent variable in that equation.

Regardless, best of luck to the Mocs! I have JSU winning it all in my AGS bracket...but I will be rooting hard for Chatt to ruin my entry!

Sounds like you are saying that no other team in the SoCon played both Citadel and UTC like Mercer did?

Milktruck74
November 30th, 2015, 08:51 PM
BTW it was painful reliving all of those games with JSU. I was at every game except the 2007 game at JSU for some reason.

If you would have said everyone but 2005, I would have figured out a way to ensure you stayed in Chattanooga on Saturday!!!!

ElCid
November 30th, 2015, 10:51 PM
Sounds like you are saying that no other team in the SoCon played both Citadel and UTC like Mercer did?

Duh? Of course they didn't.:D

JaxSinfonian
December 1st, 2015, 07:12 AM
Also for those unfamiliar with the series we have a history of playing close games in recent years:

Thanks for posting all of those. Most of them were good memories. :D

UTC 17
JSU 21

It seems like this year we were up late in the 4th and JSU squibbed it our backup TE fumbled the kick and JSU scored on the possession when we "should" have been able to run the clock out.

Here's what that looked like in case you needed to see it again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjNHRvxWTOU

JSU 17
UTC 38

I was there. The Mocs dominated. Very tough loss for the Gamecocks.

JSU 13
UTC 10

The infamous "you never take points off the board game" where we kicked a FG to tie with about 8 seconds left but there was a JSU penalty so then coach Rodney Allison took points off the board and we threw a pass short of the end zone. Game over....the beginning of the end for Rodney Allison.

I call this the "I didn't come here to beat Jacksonville State" game. I'm sure you remember why, but just in case (http://www.chattanoogan.com/2006/8/25/91612/Allison-Says-He-Hopes-Mocs-Stay-In-The.aspx). The man wasn't lying.

Mocs123
December 1st, 2015, 07:36 AM
I do remember that, and I don't know why you guys got so upset about it, I mean Ridney Allison didn't come to Chattanooga to beat Jacksonville State (or The Citadel, or App State, or Carson Newman apparently.).

That was back when we were considering a move to the OVC and the SoCon added Samford to give us a more local team and a geographical rival.

It's hard to imagine how bad we were prior to Huesman arriving in 2009. We hadn't been good since the early 1980's. We had some talent but it was never realized, but they always seemed to get up for the JSU game. There has been a lot of jabs, bulletin board material, and emotions between the two programs the last 10 years or so.

Hopefully we have another intense back and forth game this week, though I would really like to be on the other side of the close victory this time.

McNeese72
December 1st, 2015, 07:54 AM

Shorter list would be the answer to the question, who didn't have an issue with Crowe. ;)

Doc

jsualumnus
December 1st, 2015, 08:30 AM
Shorter list would be the answer to the question, who didn't have an issue with Crowe. ;)

Doc

Very true, Doc! Though Crowe did do some things good for JSU he over stayed his welcome by about 5-6 years... Lost Clark after 1 year, and now we're hoping to keep Grass longer than 2-3...

PaladinFan
December 1st, 2015, 08:44 AM
Always enjoyed Furman's games with Jacksonville State.

2005 was the first and only time I've seen two teams both rush the field believing they had won the football game. Wild affair that was.

YoUDeeMan
December 1st, 2015, 09:47 AM
Unless Chatty has upgraded their roster since the meeting earlier, JSU by 14...maybe 20.

This one won't be close.

jsualumnus
December 1st, 2015, 10:09 AM
I remember that Furman game at JSU! Great game, and man did Martin play!!!

Mocs123
December 1st, 2015, 10:34 AM
Unless Chatty has upgraded their roster since the meeting earlier, JSU by 14...maybe 20.

This one won't be close.

We haven't upgraded our roster. We get one starter back who was out that game but have two more starters out an one that is questionable.

You may be right, I could see a blowout, but I think it will be a close game with our guys leaving it all on the field.

To win we have to figure out a way to move the ball against their defense. We haven't been able to do that the past two years but our play calling has been horrible (IMO). We have to be able to move the ball, eat some clock, and put a few more points on the board.

Our defense has to continue to play at a high level and they have kept us in the game the last two years. We did give up some big plays against them the first game and that has been somewhat of a problem all year. If we didn't give up those two big plays we win (or certainly increase our odds).

We have to win on special teams. Our kicking game has been fairly solid but our kickoff coverage has been softer than I would like.

JSU is a terrific team and I really feel that they have been playing better than anyone in the country. They deserve the #1 ranking and the #1 seed, but that doesn't mean we are going to roll over and give up. We think we have a national championship caliber team too. To be the man you have to beat the man, and right now the man is JSU.

mamberso
December 1st, 2015, 10:54 AM
JSU 17
UTC 38

UTC 17
JSU 21

2010: JSU was just off the Ole Miss upset. It was also the first game in the renovated stadium. UTC was up 17-0. JSU made it 17-14. UTC turned it over on downs inside the 20. Ivory to Shaw for a 70+ yard TD for the win.

2011: The B.J. Coleman/Chris Auwah show. Hard to believe that game was tied 17-17 at one point. Seemed like the final score should have been 56-17.

jsualumnus
December 1st, 2015, 01:21 PM
In 2012, I remember being totally impressed with Huesman... Very impressed...

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2015, 01:39 PM
In 2012, I remember being totally impressed with Huesman... Very impressed...
In 2014 and 2015, I remember being completely unimpressed with him.

Mocs123
December 1st, 2015, 01:44 PM
Huesman has been a fantastic QB for us the past 4 years. He is a good runner, has an decent arm, and most importantly makes good decisions with the ball. He has had the tendency to hold onto it a little too long and take a sack when he should throw it away but he is better than he was early in his career.

Our fault with him is trying to ride him too much and getting vanilla with the play calling at times. Teams have focused on him running the ball over the years and when we force it too much we struggle.

Our o line has not been able to do much against JSU the past two years and we have moved some people around both years after the game and things have seemed to improve.

JSUs defense (especially the line) is phenomenal. We have to find a way to move the chains and eat some clock and so far we haven't had success against JSU with Huesmsn running it 20 times per game. Our play calling (and execution) are going to have to be much better than it was on Sept 5th.

McNeese75
December 1st, 2015, 01:48 PM
xlolx This thread seems significantly more civil than the McNeese vs Sam tirade.

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2015, 01:49 PM
xlolx This thread seems significantly more civil than the McNeese vs Sam tirade.
That's the difference between Texas and everywhere else in the world.

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2015, 01:52 PM
Huesman has been a fantastic QB for us the past 4 years. He is a good runner, has an decent arm, and most importantly makes good decisions with the ball. He has had the tendency to hold onto it a little too long and take a sack when he should throw it away but he is better than he was early in his career.

Our fault with him is trying to ride him too much and getting vanilla with the play calling at times. Teams have focused on him running the ball over the years and when we force it too much we struggle.

Our o line has not been able to do much against JSU the past two years and we have moved some people around both years after the game and things have seemed to improve.

JSUs defense (especially the line) is phenomenal. We have to find a way to move the chains and eat some clock and so far we haven't had success against JSU with Huesmsn running it 20 times per game. Our play calling (and execution) are going to have to be much better than it was on Sept 5th.

Is it Saturday yet? I'm too excited for this game.

Mocs123
December 1st, 2015, 02:02 PM
Both of your memories are correct; Huesmsn was very impressive in 2012 and very unimpressive in 2014 and 2015.

Attempt- 30
Complete- 18
Yards- 181
TD- 2
Int- 0
Sacks- 0

Rushes- 21
Yards- 166
Avg- 7.9
TD- 1

Attempt- 16
Complete- 9
Yards- 36
TD 0
Int 0
Sacks- 4

Rushes- 16
Yards- 11
Avg- 0.7
TD 0

Attempt- 16
Complete- 9
Yards- 86
TD 0
Int 1
Sacked 4

Rushes 19
Yards 50
Avg- 2.6
TD- 1

Redbirdz
December 1st, 2015, 10:59 PM
Chatty guys. We respect you and know once you are in the playoffs, all teams will be good.

chattanoogamocs
December 1st, 2015, 11:05 PM
That's the difference between Texas and everywhere else in the world.

Also the difference between conference rivals and OOC rivals.

If JSU was in the SoCon (or UTC was in the OVC)...this would be much uglier. :)

chattanoogamocs
December 1st, 2015, 11:09 PM
Both of your memories are correct; Huesmsn was very impressive in 2012 and very unimpressive in 2014 and 2015.

Pass Yards- 36
Rush Yards- 11

Pass Yards- 86 (+50)
Rush Yards- 50 (+39)

Hey, from 2014 to 2015 he is on an upward arc.

Statistically in this meeting he should be...

Pass Yards- 136
Rush Yards- 89

Mocs win 21-20! :)

chattownmocs
December 2nd, 2015, 12:21 AM
Huesman needs 46 yards rushing to enter the 8,000 passing/4,000 rushing yard club. I know arManti Edwards was the first to do it, don't know if it's been done since. Robertson would have easily if he wasn't injured.

Milktruck74
December 2nd, 2015, 06:50 AM

Attempt- 30
Complete- 18
Yards- 181
TD- 2
Int- 0
Sacks- 0

Rushes- 21
Yards- 166
Avg- 7.9
TD- 1

Attempt- 16
Complete- 9
Yards- 36
TD 0
Int 0
Sacks- 4

Rushes- 16
Yards- 11
Avg- 0.7
TD 0

Attempt- 16
Complete- 9
Yards- 86
TD 0
Int 1
Sacked 4

Rushes 19
Yards 50
Avg- 2.6
TD- 1

I think all this goes back to 2011.....It must have been a down year for SEC D-Line Felony Convictions!!!! xlolx Sorry, I had to toss that one in there. That actually might have been the reason for some of our success in 2012, Ealey (the RB Transfer from UGA) was arrested right before the game and had to sit out. I do think their current coach is a little less apt to take these type of players, he seems to run a good tight program.

Cocky
December 2nd, 2015, 07:10 AM
Having a tough time beating UAT on the felony DLs.

Non DL type players with the character issues we are losing out to UTC.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/30089636/utc-football-player-suspended-following-arrest

Milktruck74
December 2nd, 2015, 07:18 AM
Having a tough time beating UAT on the felony DLs.

Non DL type players with the character issues we are losing out to UTC.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/30089636/utc-football-player-suspended-following-arrest

Nice try. This was Sensational Writing without all the facts. He was of age, not "highly intoxicated" and licensed CCW holder and told the officer such. HE used poor judgement in having an open container and continuing to carry his handgun. But after the facts came out, he was reinstated and charges have been dropped. No convictions.... Also it looks like that is a PAST issue, since you have a new staff. I don't see this crew going after those type of kids.

Big_Fan
December 2nd, 2015, 07:25 AM
Nice try. This was Sensational Writing without all the facts. He was of age, not "highly intoxicated" and licensed CCW holder and told the officer such. HE used poor judgement in having an open container and continuing to carry his handgun. But after the facts came out, he was reinstated and charges have been dropped. No convictions.... Also it looks like that is a PAST issue, since you have a new staff. I don't see this crew going after those type of kids.

Excuses are only valid when it is your own. Had we taken him, he would be one step above satan (according to you).

Mocs123
December 2nd, 2015, 07:26 AM
Hey, from 2014 to 2015 he is on an upward arc.

Statistically in this meeting he should be...

Pass Yards- 136
Rush Yards- 89

Mocs win 21-20! :)

I would take 21-20 all day long, move on to the next round and not look back!!!

Milktruck74
December 2nd, 2015, 07:04 PM
Excuses are only valid when it is your own. Had we taken him, he would be one step above satan (according to you).

Absolutely!!!! xthumbsupx I did give you guys the little compliment there on the end about your new staff, though!!!!

blackbeard
December 2nd, 2015, 09:22 PM
Gamecocks 30-13, Mocs slither back to their home on the river

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2015, 09:36 PM
Gamecocks 30-13, Mocs slither back to their home on the river
Train driving Bird's Idigenous footwear doesn't slither

chattanoogamocs
December 2nd, 2015, 09:59 PM
Train Driving Indigenous Mockingbird Footwear doesn't slither

Fix it for ya

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2015, 10:05 PM
Fix it for ya

But now it sounds like the shoes are driving the train, not the bird. Do you guys even know what your mascot actually is? Cause I don't.

jsualumnus
December 2nd, 2015, 10:12 PM
Train driving and Indigenous Mockingbird should be hyphenated... i.e. Train-driving Indigenous-Mockingbird Footwear... And... fix(ed) it for ya... Ok, it's late, and I need a beer! I swear I am busier than this and am just pickin'...

...looking forward to a great game!!!

chattownmocs
December 3rd, 2015, 06:25 AM
I don't like jacksonville state, but I'm going to give them the respect they have earned. They are a damn good team. I think we are too.

I think both teams will make plays in the pass game. I think Chattanooga's pass pro will be improved and the receivers are more capable of making plays then they were in the first game. Jacksonville state has playmakers, they made plays in the pass game the first game in the clutch, I think they will be able to make more throughout the game.

In the run game, I think we will struggle again. I don't see us running all over them at all. The biggest difference that we need is against the run. They had way too many big runs. We have to be able to limit that. I think we can. Even though we have both DTs from that game out. We have guys that can play up front. Our lbs and safeties against the run is where we can come up and have a big improvement. If we can limit their big runs it will be a complete toss up.

This game is going to be intense.

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2015, 07:17 AM
I don't like jacksonville state, but I'm going to give them the respect they have earned. They are a damn good team. I think we are too.

I think both teams will make plays in the pass game. I think Chattanooga's pass pro will be improved and the receivers are more capable of making plays then they were in the first game. Jacksonville state has playmakers, they made plays in the pass game the first game in the clutch, I think they will be able to make more throughout the game.

In the run game, I think we will struggle again. I don't see us running all over them at all. The biggest difference that we need is against the run. They had way too many big runs. We have to be able to limit that. I think we can. Even though we have both DTs from that game out. We have guys that can play up front. Our lbs and safeties against the run is where we can come up and have a big improvement. If we can limit their big runs it will be a complete toss up.

I think you are right Chattttt. Stovall, particularly, but also Young, were not really in the mix as Receivers early in the season (O receptions vs. JSU-1) and they have come on later in the season. The more dangerous options at WR that an offense has, the more effective it can be, not only in the passing game, but it really helps the running game also, because the D has to take more guys out of the box to effectively contain the guys on the perimeter. Also, while Craine, with his running style, may be a little banged up, Bagley has really matured as a college-level runner as he's gotten more reps this season. Typical of a speedy RB...they get used to relying on that speed (only) in HS and never really learn the nuances of the position. Once they start to get more and more game reps, they realize they aren't going to be able to rely completely on that speed and they get much more patient and effective. I know the Cocks have an SEC-like D, but I think the Mocs will have more success on O this time around than they did earlier in the season. That said, I still see the Mocs struggling some on D. Not due to the quality of the players - they are excellent - but they just don't play as disciplined, with regard to run-fits and in coverage (particularly the LB's) as I'm sure their Coaches would like them to. It's tough to play as fast and as aggressive as they do on D AND play with enough discipline to stop a team that is disciplined on offense, has athletic O-Linemen, and doesn't turn the ball over. I don't know if that describes JSU's O (haven't really studied them), but if it does...then the Mocs are going to need Huesman & Co. to be hitting on cylinders on Sat. I hope they are!

CockyGeek
December 3rd, 2015, 01:41 PM
This might be the most anticipated game in JSU History. I think it's funny how the Mocs fans keep bringing up SHSU beating us last year when they have two playoff wins to their name in 20+ years. JSU is a much better team than they were last year. I think this will be a close game at first, but this year has proven that if we keep our starters in the whole game, teams struggle to score.

JSU 27
UTC 6

chattanoogamocs
December 3rd, 2015, 01:52 PM
This might be the most anticipated game in JSU History. I think it's funny how the Mocs fans keep bringing up SHSU beating us last year when they have two playoff wins to their name in 20+ years. JSU is a much better team than they were last year. I think this will be a close game at first, but this year has proven that if we keep our starters in the whole game, teams struggle to score.

SHSU is relevant for discussion because most of JSU's key players (and coaches) from that game are still on the team this year.

The point of mentioning SHSU is that JSU can be upset at home. Obviously, it will take a tremendous effort and near perfect execution, but it shows that it is clearly possible.

As for the last 20 years, who gives a ****. This is about the coaches and players now, not 5-20 years ago (I could go around and brag all day that UTC has almost twice as many wins in the series as JSU, but none of that really matters either because that is in the past...and JSU has won 8 of 10 in the current "series" of games).

chattanoogamocs
December 3rd, 2015, 01:53 PM
But now it sounds like the shoes are driving the train, not the bird. Do you guys even know what your mascot actually is? Cause I don't.

Yeah, our mascot situation is a conundrum, but I thank God every day that it isn't a little cock with chin testicles. ;)

jsualumnus
December 3rd, 2015, 02:18 PM

I agree 100%... It will be a very great game, intense, and full of referee calls both sides will go nuts over... Of course, that's what we thought about EKU this year as well.. Not saying anything other than JSU fans are hoping this game is a blow out... It won't be... JSU wins by less than 7, but we win... I hope all the Moc fans get to Jacksonville safely and have a blast!

jsualumnus
December 3rd, 2015, 02:25 PM
SHSU is relevant for discussion because most of JSU's key players (and coaches) from that game are still on the team this year.

The point of mentioning SHSU is that JSU can be upset at home. Obviously, it will take a tremendous effort and near perfect execution, but it shows that it is clearly possible.

As for the last 20 years, who gives a ****. This is about the coaches and players now, not 5-20 years ago (I could go around and brag all day that UTC has almost twice as many wins in the series as JSU, but none of that really matters either because that is in the past...and JSU has won 8 of 10 in the current "series" of games).

The reason, respectively, why it isn't relevant is because:
1. It is a different team and year...
2. We had quite a few starters out for that game...but, for argument sake, completely different year...

Now, being the same year and the fact that we won the first game then it's relevant to say that the Gamecocks will win again.....same year...forget about probability, because it's BS.

I hear ya Chattanoogamocs....like your posts, and I get that you respect our team, as I do yours, but why do you hate JSU so much? All in good fun...

CockyGeek
December 3rd, 2015, 03:50 PM
It's way more that "JSU can be beaten at home." It's been "HAHAHAHAHAHA Sam Houston beat you!!! OVC sucks! Overrated"

Mocs123
December 3rd, 2015, 04:04 PM
I predict a close, intense, and emotional game. I am picking UTC by 3, 27-24.

It will take us playing a lot better defense than we did our first game but I think that is possible since we gave up 4-5 big plays that accounted for half of your yards.

We will have to exicute better on offense as well. Our offensive output the past two years against JSU has been pathetic, but our offense seems to be rolling pretty good. JSUs defense is better than any team we have played this year except for FSU and we are going to have to bring our play up a few notches in order to knock off the Gamecocks.

I predict two sore teams on Sunday. Whenever we play it seems like the play is physical and the hits are hard.

chattanoogamocs
December 3rd, 2015, 05:42 PM
JSU FCS all-time playoffs wins = 2
UTC FCS all-time playoffs wins = 2

chattanoogamocs
December 3rd, 2015, 05:45 PM
It's way more that "JSU can be beaten at home." It's been "HAHAHAHAHAHA Sam Houston beat you!!! OVC sucks! Overrated"

No one ever said anything like that (honestly, I like the OVC as a conference)

With a statement like that, a psychologist would say your projecting to cover your own feelings of inadequacy in some respect.

(And by the way, also don't think JSU was overrated going into that game, they were 10-1...now I might use the word "choke" especially in the 2nd half when JSU scored zero points ;) , but honestly, JSU just had too many penalties in the game in critical situations)

chattanoogamocs
December 3rd, 2015, 05:51 PM
I was actually surprised, considering how much JSU fans run their mouth (y'all are kinda like GSU fans, but with no titles) to see how little success you have actually had in the playoffs.

Western Kentucky (http://college-football-results.com/f/wkentuck.htm)
L
7-45

NCAA I-AA PLAYOFF

Furman (http://college-football-results.com/f/furman.htm)
L
7-49

NCAA I-AA PLAYOFF

Wofford (http://college-football-results.com/f/wofford.htm)
L
14-17

NCAA I-AA PLAYOFF

Samford (http://college-football-results.com/f/samford.htm)
W
55-14

NCAA I-AA PLAYOFF

McNeese State (http://college-football-results.com/f/mcneese.htm)
W
31-10

NCAA I-AA PLAYOFF

Eastern Washington (http://college-football-results.com/f/eastwash.htm)
L
24-35

NCAA I-AA PLAYOFF

Sam Houston State (http://college-football-results.com/f/shouston.htm)
L
26-37

NCAA I-AA PLAYOFF

Playoff wise, it looks like you guys have a one year jump on the Mocs in having any playoff success (JSU's first win was in 2013, the Mocs in 2014)

ElCid
December 3rd, 2015, 06:06 PM
This one is really hard. My head says JSU by 2 scores. But the revenge factor looms. I am counting on some it myself against CSU. I think UTC has underperformed all year except when they needed to perform (JSU, WCU, The Citadel, .... and Fordham). They will need to this week for sure so I think it will be closer than JSU fans would like. A couple balls bounce the right way and who knows. Still think JSU by at least 7 but less could easily happen. UTC's D is as good as JSU has seen all year except for Auburn and even they were not that good that day. But the same holds true for UTC. Not sure they can put up enough points against them. We will see if their O stays in the grove. If we win, I think I would rather see UTC again rather than JSU. But a third piece of chicken would ok as well.

CID1990
December 4th, 2015, 03:52 AM
I am pulling for UTC but I think JSU will win by 7.

Redbirdz
December 4th, 2015, 02:05 PM
JSU by 10

Bisonator
December 4th, 2015, 02:13 PM
JSU FCS all-time playoffs wins = 2
UTC FCS all-time playoffs wins = 2

xlolx

Sorry. Carry on.:D

Grizzlies82
December 4th, 2015, 06:24 PM
I only saw last year's Chattanooga team play and I was impressed with them. That may or may not reflect this year's squad. Then I only saw JSU play versus Auburn. If that JSU shows up I don't see anyone beating them in the playoffs. Don't really know how to factor in the rivalry aspect of this game and that can always skew things. Yet regardless my hunch is Jacksonville St by two scores.

JSUSoutherner
December 4th, 2015, 06:54 PM
xlolx

Sorry. Carry on.:D
It must be nice having a very successful past to fall back on when you spend all year dropping games to Montana and USD and scraping by UNI and YSU. xcoffeex

BisonFan02
December 4th, 2015, 07:03 PM
I've got JSU winning this one 28-21 in my bracket....this game could likely be their toughest test pre-frisco depending on how McNeese and SHSU hold up....also key to get that first game of the playoffs out of the way.

JSUSoutherner
December 4th, 2015, 07:13 PM
I've got JSU winning this one 28-21 in my bracket....this game could likely be their toughest test pre-frisco depending on how McNeese and SHSU hold up....also key to get that first game of the playoffs out of the way.
I agree, this is probably our biggest challenge until Frisco.

BisonFan02
December 4th, 2015, 07:17 PM
I agree, this is probably our biggest challenge until Frisco.

It does kinda depend on the health of SHSU or what kind of momentum McNeese St. brings to that semifinal game. I think your D gives both of them trouble....we shall see though. Gotta handle Chatty with that certain QB first. I also think you guys are a bit much for both The Citadel and Chuck South.

JSUSoutherner
December 4th, 2015, 07:21 PM
It does kinda depend on the health of SHSU or what kind of momentum McNeese St. brings to that semifinal game. I think your D gives both of them trouble....we shall see though. Gotta handle Chatty with that certain QB first. I also think you guys are a bit much for both The Citadel and Chuck South.
We've been able to shut a certain QB down for the past two years. Our biggest problem with UTC was turnovers and hopefully that can be attributed to early season mistakes. We will have to see. Our turnover game has been pretty good as of late. As long as our D can keep Huesman at bay we should be fine. Our offense shouldn't have much trouble getting points tomorrow.

chattownmocs
December 4th, 2015, 07:25 PM
We've been able to shut a certain QB down for the past two years. Our biggest problem with UTC was turnovers and hopefully that can be attributed to early season mistakes. We will have to see. Our turnover game has been pretty good as of late. As long as our D can keep Huesman at bay we should be fine. Our offense shouldn't have much trouble getting points tomorrow.

Why wouldn't they have much trouble getting points? Just wondering.

JSUSoutherner
December 4th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Why wouldn't they have much trouble getting points? Just wondering.
Because we've eliminated mistakes that were rampant earlier in the season. Our special teams have improved. We don't have a single receiver or running back on offense that isn't a complete weapon because all of our offensive starters will be healed and back for this game and we have a dual threat QB that STATS thinks is better than Huesman.
Everyone on our offense is able to make big plays and I feel like the versatility gives us an edge.

Just my opinion but I don't think this game will be nearly as close as our season opening encounters. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying it will be a blowout or anything, I know it's going to be a hard fought game, I just don't see UTC slowing our offense down enough to win it.

Fordham was able to move the ball on UTC, a lot, they just couldn't finish drives. They racked up over 400 yards on UTC's Defense. Call me a homer but I think our offense is little bit more capable than Fordham's.

chattownmocs
December 4th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Because we've eliminated mistakes that were rampant earlier in the season. Our special teams have improved. We don't have a single receiver or running back on offense that isn't a complete weapon because all of our offensive starters will be healed and back for this game and we have a dual threat QB that STATS thinks is better than Huesman.
Our offense isn't like Bama's where the only person who can do anything is Henry. Everyone on our offense is able to make big plays and I feel like the versatility gives us an edge.

Just my opinion but I don't think this game will be nearly as close as our season opening encounters. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying it will be a blowout or anything, I know it's going to be a hard fought game, I just don't see UTC slowing our offense down enough to win it.

Fordham was able to move the ball on UTC, a lot, they just couldn't finish drives. They racked up over 400 yards on UTC's Defense. Call me a homer but I think our offense is little bit more capable than Fordham's.

Nvm. I stopped reading after the Bama part.

JSUSoutherner
December 4th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Nvm. I stopped reading after the Bama part.
Can't blame you. The thought of Bama is gross. I removed it for everyone else's sanity.

chattanoogamocs
December 4th, 2015, 08:14 PM
271 of Fordham's 416 total yards came after the Mocs went up 38-0.

JSUSoutherner
December 4th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Noted. You're not wrong. But I can always fall back on this:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21947&stc=1

Had we not been plagued with our mistakes this game could have swung heavily in our favor. I just think that those mistakes won't be as much of an issue tomorrow as they have been in the past.

Milktruck74
December 5th, 2015, 07:40 AM
Noted. You're not wrong. But I can always fall back on this:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21947&stc=1

Had we not been plagued with our mistakes this game could have swung heavily in our favor. I just think that those mistakes won't be as much of an issue tomorrow as they have been in the past.

Sure, we can say the same thing...If we weren't plagued by the 5 mental mistakes that gave up big plays, your offense would have only rushed for 65 yards.

Those "mistakes" you are talking about are forced by a good defense. The Mocs OLine and Wide outs are worlds better than they were in week 1...but so is JSUs Defense. We all get better as the season progresses....lets see if the coaching staff can take advantage of those increases.

When "ifs and buts" become cherries and nuts everyday becomes Christmas!!!!

Let's just play the game and see what happens.

jsualumnus
December 5th, 2015, 07:47 AM
I am stoked for today's game! Good look to UTC, and may all of their fans get there safely! Good times to be had today...

Milktruck74
December 5th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Thanks jsualumnus. I wish I could make it down, but my training wont allow a full weekend off. I will be yelling with everyone in my living room. I'm pulling for a Mocs win (obviously), but if it isn't inthe cards today, we will be pulling for you guys (unless The Citadel wins, then we may have to be neutral...haha). Just hoping everyone can stay healthy!

JSUSoutherner
December 5th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Definitely, I've been waiting for today all week long! Good Luck to UTC, hopefully no injuries, except to your dignity. xthumbsupx

longtimemocfan
December 5th, 2015, 09:31 AM

Exactly! !! Some of the backup players in the game were actually 3rd on the depth chart due to injuries to the D Line.

longtimemocfan
December 5th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Should be a great game !!! Look forward to seeing 2 good football teams play today.

jsualumnus
December 5th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Easily 18k + here at JSU today..

kdinva
December 5th, 2015, 01:47 PM
7-7 early in the 2nd...

jsualumnus
December 5th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Heard someone just say the announced crowd would be over 20k, which is pretty good for a playoff game and the fact that Alabama plays here in a bit.

14-7 JSU...

kdinva
December 5th, 2015, 02:13 PM
21-7, jax st.

kdinva
December 5th, 2015, 02:18 PM
21-14 now, quick strike by UTC.....

Mocs123
December 5th, 2015, 02:28 PM
I am kind of disappointed by the crowd. No way there are 20k here.

It's still a nice crowd and a lot more than our depressing 4888 last week but I would guess it is 60% full. I have seen it packed out and was hoping for a good crowd. I think UTC brought a pretty nice crowd.

JSU is good. Hopefully we play a little better defense in the 2nd half.

jsualumnus
December 5th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Yep, UTC definitely showed up today. I'd say you guys have a couple thousand... Heard a recount of 18k+ again...

kdinva
December 5th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Jax up 28-21, 8 minutes to go in the 3rd....

BullDog85
December 5th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Chatty ties it up.

kdinva
December 5th, 2015, 03:23 PM
28-28, 14 minutes to play.....

Milktruck74
December 5th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Momentum favors the Mocs, but let's see what Mr Jenkins has to say about that.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2015, 03:36 PM
love the razzle dazzle for a chatty TD

BullDog85
December 5th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Chatty up 7 now.

Milktruck74
December 5th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Razor dazzle....Benefield is the QB of the future. I don't think we fall off much when Jacob leaves.

ElCid
December 5th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Go Chatty! You got all the momentum!

kdinva
December 5th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Jax HB with a 75 yard burst......35-35>>>>>4:38 to play

ElCid
December 5th, 2015, 03:48 PM
That was too easy for JSU. Chatty needs to get a drive going to burn up the clock and score.

jsualumnus
December 5th, 2015, 03:48 PM
No they don't... JSU just scored on a 75 yd. run from Pope...I

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 03:52 PM
Wow, really dumb penalty for JSU...

jsualumnus
December 5th, 2015, 03:57 PM
Dumb for sure... What a game!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Was that spot legit? seemed generous...

ElCid
JSU just got hosed on pass interference.

JSUSoutherner
These refs are so full of s***! The last two calls have been PI.

ElCid
Was that spot legit? seemed generous...

They got at least 2 yard gift.

jsualumnus
That was ANOTHER PI on UTC not called!!!! These refs suck s***

Nickels
December 5th, 2015, 04:02 PM
That was ANOTHER PI on UTC not called!!!! These refs suck s***
Stop bitching. You were gifted the play before. It goes both ways.

Winindy
December 5th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Tough to miss that PI. Tough break.

ElCid
December 5th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Where are refs from?

Nickels
December 5th, 2015, 04:04 PM
OT. This has been a good game.

BullDog85
Where are refs from?SoCon I bet.

Lehigh'98
Clock management just awful from JSU

Winindy
December 5th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Refs are big south I think

TheKingpin28
December 5th, 2015, 04:06 PM
SoCon I bet.

I thought refs had to be from a conference not represented. So I'd guess the MEAC

BullDog85
December 5th, 2015, 04:06 PM
SoCon I bet.
My fault. They can't be SoCon, gotta be somewhere else.

ElCid
December 5th, 2015, 04:08 PM
My fault. They can't be SoCon, gotta be somewhere else.

But I can see why you thought that.xlolx

ElCid
December 5th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Game over. JSU interception. UTC needs a miracle now. A fg will win it.

BullDog85
I thought refs had to be from a conference not represented. So I'd guess the MEAC
Not MEAC, 2 many y-t.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Bad throw and big pick!!

BullDog85
December 5th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Chatty just screwed the pooch.

Nickels
December 5th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Too many cute plays by Chatty.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 04:11 PM
JSU wins!!

BullDog85
Well SoCon goes home.

kdinva
Jax w/a 14 yard TD run......they advance, SoCon gone......

chattownmocs
December 5th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Great game jsu, congrats. Yall are the better team. Good luck.

ElCid
December 5th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Wow, that was weird. What do you think the UTC and JSU coaches were saying to each other?

jsualumnus
December 5th, 2015, 04:14 PM
JSU wins by....... 6 points!!!!!!! Like a true class act, Huesman goes to Jenkins and congratulates him on the winning TD.... Holy s*** what a game!!!!

UTC was really good today...

And like a true class act, Chatty fans (students probably) throwing stuff at our players... LOSERS!!!!!!! Other UTC fans were fantastic!!!

bobcathpdevil56
December 5th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Why was Coach Huesman so angry?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2015, 04:15 PM
What happened at the end? Fans throwing stuff on the field?

Winindy
December 5th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Probably expressing his views on the use of the chop block to put that kid out of the game.

BullDog85
December 5th, 2015, 04:17 PM
It looked like Huesman had a case of the ass.

BullDog85
December 5th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Probably expressing his views on the use of the chop block to put that kid out of the game. it didn't look intentional. Seemed like the guy was pushed into it.

Big_Fan
December 5th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Probably expressing his views on the use of the chop block to put that kid out of the game.

The replay looked like the JSU lineman fell down and rolled into him. If that was a cut block, it was the strangest one I have ever seen.

JSUSoutherner
December 5th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Chattanooga's student section is the biggest bunch of *** hats and sore losers I've ever seen. They were throwing crap at our team. Enjoy the ride home losers.

UTC fans that aren't the obnoxious students: thanks for coming out today! The atmosphere was great today with y'all down here! Definitely the best Gameday experience we've had here all year. Safe travels home. You guys played extremely well!

Milktruck74
December 5th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Just my thought, nothing to back it up...I think Russ was pissed that Gross didn't immediately Come to mid field to shake hands (customary). But in his defense it was a big win, he may have been a bit excited.

chattownmocs
December 5th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Even though I said jsu is the better team, which they showed, I still look at this as another almost choke because of the terribly gutless offensive playcalling on the last 2 drives. You had plays over the middle of the field and the only pass they threw on both drives combined was a weak little screen.

jsualumnus
December 5th, 2015, 04:28 PM
Stop bitching. You were gifted the play before. It goes both ways.

We won doesn't matter... PI missed!

- - - Updated - - -

Even though I said jsu is the better team, which they showed, I still look at this as another almost choke because of the terribly gutless offensive playcalling on the last 2 drives. You had plays over the middle of the field and the only pass they threw on both drives combined was a weak little screen.

I was losing it... Crazy play calling.

jsualumnus
December 5th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Just my thought, nothing to back it up...I think Russ was pissed that Gross didn't immediately Come to mid field to shake hands (customary). But in his defense it was a big win, he may have been a bit excited.

Still... Inexperience...

Milktruck74
December 5th, 2015, 04:30 PM
I'm gonna call all of you JSU fans a bunch of bitchy little punks for the next hour......then I'm going to be pulling for you to win the whole damn thing!!!! Give me a little while to vent, then Go Cocks.

Milktruck74
December 5th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Still... Inexperience...

Possibly, but it was emotional. Again, just my thoughts. Nothing to back it up.

jsualumnus
December 5th, 2015, 04:32 PM
I understand.... I am now a big Huesman fan... Hope he drafts high!

mamberso
December 5th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Hell of a comeback Mocs. Nothing but respect for you guys. As for Coach Huesman, was angry Grass didn't come out immediately at the end of the game (as he should've). Grass went to celebrate with his guys... Let his emotions get the best of him. Understandable... He's and emotional guy. When Grass caught up with Huesman, got a pice of his mind. Understandable... Emotions running high there. Have a safe ride home to Chatty. See you here in two years.

Now on to Charleston Southern.

Mocs123
December 5th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Congrats to JSU you were the better team. Another heartbreaking loss to the Gamecocks.

Go and win the NC.

Looking forward to a good game in two years.

chattownmocs
December 5th, 2015, 05:18 PM
I think the biggest story of the game was Jenkins. He was the best I've seen him. I didn't realize he could be that physical running the ball. Pope has always killed us. But what bad luck on that last one, blitzed the wrong guy and we had no chance.

jsualumnus
December 5th, 2015, 05:37 PM
I am emotionally spent after this one... My thread regarding this game being better than the bigger NDSU and Montana game proved to be true... What an outstanding game...

Mocs123
December 5th, 2015, 05:42 PM
I agree. I wish the drive back to Chattanooga could have been better.

I was hoping we could have put a dagger in your heart of JSU this time but it wasn't to be.

I had a great time at the game. JSU has a nice campus and stadium.

You guys had the best defense we have seen all year including JSU and your offense was fantastic. Our defense which I feel is pretty good, just couldn't stop you.

chattownmocs
December 5th, 2015, 05:54 PM
So the Jacob Huesman era is over. He became joined Armanti edwards as just the 2nd player in FCS history to pass for 8, 000 yards and rush for 4, 000 yards in a career. Finishes his career with the best completion percentage in socon history.

Keionte davis' 2 sacks gave him the single season school record with 13.5.

I believe Derrick Craine set the single season record for rushing yards as well.

Southern Bison
December 5th, 2015, 06:01 PM

So when does the "Chattanooga Mocs - 2016 National Champs" thread start??

You now have 2 weekends to get your Christmas shopping done and not worry about football.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2015, 06:02 PM
enjoyed this game, lots of skill players

JSUSoutherner
December 5th, 2015, 06:03 PM
So when does the "Chattanooga Mocs - 2016 National Champs" thread start??

You now have 2 weekends to get your Christmas shopping done and not worry about football.
They might have a chance to be seeded next year since they don't have to suffer another loss at our hands next year. xthumbsupx

ElCid
December 5th, 2015, 06:19 PM
They might have a chance to be seeded next year since they don't have to suffer another loss at our hands next year. xthumbsupx

Yeah, but I like our chances next year more. We were a fairly young team this year. We lose only 10 of 53 on the 2 deep (which lists 3 for about 4 positions) and special teams. DL and OL might be of some concern. Chatty might be king of the hill, maybe not.

Good luck with CSU. They can't drive very well, but they have a pretty good D. You should still handle them fairly easily...unless you fumble 5 times.

mamberso
December 5th, 2015, 06:22 PM
So the Jacob Huesman era is over. He became joined Armanti edwards as just the 2nd player in FCS history to pass for 8, 000 yards and rush for 4, 000 yards in a career. Finishes his career with the best completion percentage in socon history.

Keionte davis' 2 sacks gave him the single season school record with 13.5.

I believe Derrick Craine set the single season record for rushing yards as well.
Your other QB looks quite capable of taking the reigns.

longtimemocfan
December 5th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Wow what a game !!! Could've just seen the best game you'll see in the playoffs this year. Going to take a mighty good effort by a good team to knock you guy's off the rest of the way.

JSUSoutherner
December 5th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Wow what a game !!! Could've just seen the best game you'll see in the playoffs this year. Going to take a mighty good effort by a good team to knock you guy's off the rest of the way.
Que the MVFC laughing hyenas.