DB Tristan Burge, Eastern Ill.
DB Stacey Thomas, Texas Southern
DB Dre Dokes, Northern Iowa

P Breck Ackley, Southern U.
PK Andrew Paterini, Hampton
AP Arkee Whitlock, Southern Ill.

danefan
December 12th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Woohoo!!! Two NEC guys on that list. Nice to see!
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

aceinthehole
December 12th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Woohoo!!! Two NEC guys on that list. Nice to see!

Agreed! That's another feather in our cap. No doubt about it Colin and Justise were the most dominating players on either side of the ball in the NEC this year.

smallcollegefbfan
December 12th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Some questionable picks here but also some very good ones. Hocker is a heck of a WR. I would have thought Watson of NAU would get it but Hocker is certainly deserving!

mistersykes
December 12th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Having Thigpen at QB is suprising, but not undeserved. I think it should have been Murrietta though.

3rd Coast Tiger
December 12th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Congrats to the 3 SWAC players! :thumbsup:

Peems
December 12th, 2006, 02:28 PM
one griz is better than none griz! Though murphy isnt even the buck canidate(he was at the beginning of the year and certainly plays like one just didnt have the gaudy stats)

Peems
December 12th, 2006, 02:31 PM
here is a the list of the walter camp all american team:

DL
Marques Murrell Appalachian State

DL
Matt King Maine

DL
Bryan Smith McNeese State

DL
Kory Biermann Montana

LB
Akeem Jordan James Madison

LB
Kyle Shotwell Cal Poly

LB
Cameron Siskowic Illinois State

DB
Dre Dokes Northern Iowa

DB
James Ihedigbo Massachusetts

DB
Stacy Thomas Texas Southern

DB
Jeremy Wiggins Appalachian State

P
David Simonhoff SE Missouri State
KR Steven Whitehead McNeese State

Offense:
WR David Ball New Hampshire
WR Alex Watson Northern Arizona
TE Ben Patrick Delaware
OL Matt Isenhour Appalachian State
OL Brennan Carvalho Portland State
OL Ed McCarthy Yale
OL Corey Davis James Madison
C Ryan Jewell Youngstown State
QB Ricky Santos New Hampshire
RB Marcus Mason Youngstown State
RB Arkee Whitlock Southern Illinois
PK Rob Zarrilli Hofstra

this one seems to make more sense to me.

appfan2008
December 12th, 2006, 03:17 PM
I do like the camp team better

Baldy
December 12th, 2006, 03:18 PM
http://www.afca.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9300&ATCLID=718874

WR David Ball, New Hampshire
WR Bruce Hocker, Duquesne
TE Ben Patrick, Delaware
OL Jackie Skipper, Ark.-Pine Bluff
OL Alex Miller, Massachusetts
OL Mike Saint Germain, Lafayette
OL Ed McCarthy, Yale
OL Kerry Brown, Appalachian St.
QB Tyler Thigpen, Coastal Caro.
RB Justise Hairston, Central Conn. St.
RB Marcus Mason, Youngstown St.

DL Tory Collins, Northwestern St.
DL Mike Murphy, Montana
DL Marques Murrell, Appalachian St.
DL Chris White, Cal Poly
DL Matt King, Maine
LB Akeem Jordan, James Madison
LB Colin Disch, Albany (N.Y.)
LB John Mohring, Ga. Southern
DB Tristan Burge, Eastern Ill.
DB Stacey Thomas, Texas Southern
DB Dre Dokes, Northern Iowa

P Breck Ackley, Southern U.
AP Arkee Whitlock, Southern Ill.
Excellent pick!!! :nod: :thumbsup:

GannonFan
December 12th, 2006, 03:21 PM
When Santos wins the Payton Award (or Murietta) then they will be the "best" offensive player in I-AA (FCS) but not the best at their position on the AFCA team. xcoffeex

Pard94
December 12th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Another Bob Heffner produced stud OT in St. Germain from Lafayette...way to go Mike, Heff and Lafayette!

BigApp
December 12th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Excellent pick!!! :nod: :thumbsup:

:homer:

Wait, you're not an Appfan...:smiley_wi

stuperman17
December 12th, 2006, 04:58 PM
I also like the Camp list more. 3 Gateway players on that list, 2 from YSU. Masons on both anyway.

Coastal89
December 12th, 2006, 06:28 PM
When Santos wins the Payton Award (or Murietta) then they will be the "best" offensive player in I-AA (FCS) but not the best at their position on the AFCA team. xcoffeex
So in other words, you think sports writers are better judges of talent than football coaches. xidiotx

PNeck19
December 12th, 2006, 07:18 PM
So in other words, you think sports writers are better judges of talent than football coaches. xidiotx

The Sports Network team has one flaw, IMO. Players must be chosen 1st team All-Conference to be on the ballot.

Theoretically, this sounds good. However, when a conference makes a mistake, like the SWAC leaving the nation's leading punter off the 1st team, deserving kids are left off. So in this case, the nation's top punter will not be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team on the Sports Network team.

Also, the Camp team chose Simonhoff, whose average and net were both lower, and who had fewer In20s and more TBs than Ackley.

I can't beef about that too much though. Ackley did only punt for SU for one season, so he wasn't known (as a punter) before this season. That's not the All-American voters' fault, it's his coach's.

JohnStOnge
December 12th, 2006, 07:34 PM
I haven't seen the whole country but I kinda think Bryan Smith of McNeese was the best defensive lineman in the Southland so I feel like at the very least he should've been on there before Collins...that is if they're just looking at "defensive lineman" and not distinguishing between tackle and end.

Peems
December 12th, 2006, 07:51 PM
I haven't seen the whole country but I kinda think Bryan Smith of McNeese was the best defensive lineman in the Southland so I feel like at the very least he should've been on there before Collins...that is if they're just looking at "defensive lineman" and not distinguishing between tackle and end.

hes on the camp one isnt he? i know he is on one of them. hes a stud.

slostang
December 12th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I am surprised not to see Cal Poly LB Kyle Shotwell's name not on the list. I think he has a great chance to be Cal Poly's third Buck Buchanan winner.

Peems
December 12th, 2006, 09:20 PM
I am surprised not to see Cal Poly LB Kyle Shotwell's name not on the list. I think he has a great chance to be Cal Poly's third Buck Buchanan winner.

shotwell did make the walter camp all american squad. i guess its ones opinion on which one is more "prestigious"

Kill'em
December 12th, 2006, 11:49 PM
The Walter Camp All-American Team did not include John Mohring, how valid could it be? :nonono2:

LeopardFan04
December 12th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Another Bob Heffner produced stud OT in St. Germain from Lafayette...way to go Mike, Heff and Lafayette!

HIU 93
December 13th, 2006, 06:57 AM
http://www.afca.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9300&ATCLID=718874

Two years in a row. Congrats, kid!!!!

Bison77
December 13th, 2006, 08:04 AM
These lists are a complete joke. UMass and NDSU, two of the best teams in FCS and no players on the list? If the running back from UMass isn't on the list it's a joke. xidiotx

JohnStOnge
December 13th, 2006, 07:01 PM
hes on the camp one isnt he? i know he is on one of them. hes a stud.

Yes, he's on the Camp team. He was also the Southland's defensive player of the year. Like I said, it's hard to say whether he should be on a national thing but if you're just talking "defensive linemen" and not breaking it up by "tackle" vs. "end" I think he should've been on there before anybody else from the Southland was.

smallcollegefbfan
December 13th, 2006, 07:45 PM
These lists are a complete joke. UMass and NDSU, two of the best teams in FCS and no players on the list? If the running back from UMass isn't on the list it's a joke. xidiotx

Nate Safe should be on a 2nd or 3rd team list for sure. UMASS has about 4 or 5 guys worthy of All-America status. Matt Austin of UMASS is another one to add on IMO.

Retro
December 13th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Yes, he's on the Camp team. He was also the Southland's defensive player of the year. Like I said, it's hard to say whether he should be on a national thing but if you're just talking "defensive linemen" and not breaking it up by "tackle" vs. "end" I think he should've been on there before anybody else from the Southland was.

I agree! I see a lot of other questionable picks on the AFCA list too. Sometimes coaches can't see beyond the teams they play?:read: