PDA

View Full Version : Rumors of Hauck Leaving are Unfounded

TexasTerror
December 12th, 2006, 10:16 AM
This will upset all those folks who were jumping all over the 'When is Hauck Leaving' bandwagon...

While Hauck has had his share of success, he'll be a card-carrying Grizzlies coach next year. He may lose some of his coaches. Mike Hudson, one of his assistants was mentioned for the SFA job. I'm sure other Griz coaches are going to get HC mentions elsewhere if they haven't already, which I know they have...

Rumors of Hauck leaving unfounded
By GEORGE GEISE
Tribune Sports Editor

When University of Montana football coach Bobby Hauck didn't conduct his weekly television show Sunday night, the rumor mill was busy.

Hauck was seen boarding a plane for Salt Lake City, where he may have spoken with other colleges about coaching vacancies.

UM Athletic Director Jim O'Day said Monday that Hauck was off on a recruiting trip, and that his absence didn't bother him.

"He told me he didn't think we had a TV show if the season was over," said O'Day. "He was gone Sunday and back in the office at 7:30 this morning."

Hauck was still huddling with players and coaches late Thursday afternoon. He said he planned to hit the recruiting trail again this afternoon.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061212/SPORTS/612120326

grizchamp
December 12th, 2006, 10:24 AM
certainly not jumping on the fire bobby bandwagon, but NY times is reporting that he interviewed for the stanford job.