PDA

View Full Version : ESPN2 Announcers

mountain man
December 12th, 2006, 04:22 AM
ESPN2 ANNOUNCES BROADCAST CREW: ESPN2 announced on Monday that Dave Pasch (play-by-play), Rod Gilmore (analyst), Trevor Matich (analyst) and Dave Ryan (sideline reporter) will be the announcers for the television broadcast of Friday’s national championship game.

All four broadcasters are quite familiar with the Mountaineers. Pasch, Gilmore and Matich were in the booth for the Apps’ 21-16 win over Northern Iowa in last season’s national championship game and Ryan was on the sidelines at The Rock for Saturday’s 49-24 semifinal trouncing of Youngstown State.

Live national coverage begins at 8 p.m. on ESPN2.

th0m
December 12th, 2006, 04:25 AM
Pasch, Gilmore and Matich were also there for the '04 game. They kept going on and on about transfers, and how this throw was a "DI-A throw". Let's hope they'll do better this time!

AppGuy04
December 12th, 2006, 08:10 AM
You know the I-A transfers will come up, as UMass has alot

and as always, the topic of I-A and playoffs will come up

blukeys
December 12th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Gilmore is a blithering idiotxidiotx xidiotx who knows nothing about CS football despite doing quite a few games. He knows nothing but transfer, transfer and transfer. Get your fingers ready for emailing ESPN on Saturday morning.

BeauFoster
December 12th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Pasch, Gilmore and Matich were also there for the '04 game. They kept going on and on about transfers, and how this throw was a "DI-A throw". Let's hope they'll do better this time!

They won't. They don't care about this game and neither do the producers. Sponsors don't pay them billions to televise it and it is probably the "crap" job for the play-by-play guys. They won't do any research and it will show because they won't have anything to talk about that relates to the game so they will talk about the BCS, which seems to be all anyone knows about at ESPN.

Dukie95
December 12th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Did anyone catch that DII semifinal on Sunday? They got Gary Thorne... How the heck did the DII game score better talent than the DI games?

NoCoDanny
December 12th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Well at least Todd Christensen is safely hidden away at that crappy network, The Mountain.

Purple Pride
December 12th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Did anyone catch that DII semifinal on Sunday? They got Gary Thorne... How the heck did the DII game score better talent than the DI games?
They did an excellent job on that game.:hurray:

OhioHen
December 12th, 2006, 09:35 AM

Based on Friday night's semifinal experience, I won't be holding my breath! : smh : : smh : : smh :

NativeAppy
December 12th, 2006, 10:05 AM

we had thorne for one game... he kept calling us appalachia state:bang:

DinoDex200
December 12th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Gilmore is a blithering idiotxidiotx xidiotx who knows nothing about CS football despite doing quite a few games. He knows nothing but transfer, transfer and transfer. Get your fingers ready for emailing ESPN on Saturday morning.

I'm sure if Armanti has a big game, they'll get creative and start wondering if he'll transfer...to a FBS school. Sigh.

Thankfully, I'll be there...so I won't have to hear it live.

UNH 40
December 12th, 2006, 11:03 AM
I wish that ESPN would make this a big deal this game and sent Corso and Herbstreit to commentate and give their analysis of the game. ESPN keeps on saying it should be decide by a playoff, so make a big deal of the playoff system, make it more enjoyable to watch. And for god sakes don't talk about the BCS or the transfers on each team. Talk about the teams, the fact that UMass almost beat Navy a Bowl team, or that App. St. went to NC. State and played them extremely tough, or even talk about why the Ivy's aren't in the playoff picture in the CS, even if they listed the CS conferences and the teams in each conference before the game, give people who don't know about the CS a reason to watch or root for a particular team.

Russ B
December 12th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Well at least Todd Christensen is safely hidden away at that crappy network, The Mountain.

Word. I had to turn off the sound one of the years he did the D-II championship (maybe the year you guys won it?). So bad. And condescending towards the level of play, which was uncalled for, in my book. :read: