PDA

View Full Version : Rate your team's regular season

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2015, 07:09 AM
Good

About what You expected

Bad

Add commentary if you like to support your answer.

jmu007
November 23rd, 2015, 07:17 AM
Good,

Overall I'm pretty happy with 2015 for the Dukes. When you factor in losing Vad Lee, the last 3 weeks (2-1) went much better than expected.

UNHWildcat18
November 23rd, 2015, 07:29 AM
Good, we took a team that lost 26 seniors I think and made the playoffs during a rebuilding year. Do I think we are semi/NC caliber no, still better than expected this year.

Fordham
November 23rd, 2015, 07:32 AM
Excellent. We replaced 18 of 22 starters and went 9 - 2. Even though our early season success had people thinking we would roll through the PL season and we actually ended up struggling, it doesn't take away from what I feel was another remarkable job by Coach Moorhead and staff.

CID1990
November 23rd, 2015, 07:37 AM
Good

Next year will be even better

Maybe we'll be picked as high as 5th in the SoCon preseason

Daytripper
November 23rd, 2015, 07:38 AM
Good. We made the playoffs, so it can't be bad. We lost at home to Lamar, so it can't be excellent.

JSUSoutherner
November 23rd, 2015, 07:42 AM
Good, could have done better. We breezed through a majority of our season beating cupcakes. Certain showings such as the Auburn game and the EKU game showed how dominating the team can be but the EIU game and the UTM game showed how inconsistent they can be. I feel like they will rested and ready to roll for playoffs. We are also returning a starting WR and our RB from Kentucky along with various others. We will definitely be able to bring it.

HailSzczur
November 23rd, 2015, 08:00 AM
Based on preseason assumptions: D
Didn't make the playoffs, plain and simple

Based on tempered mid season assumptions: B
Team bounced back well with a ton of young guys, pulled out a winning season at least

AmsterBison
November 23rd, 2015, 08:02 AM
On a scale of 0 to 11, I'd give it a 9.

DFW HOYA
November 23rd, 2015, 08:03 AM
Good!

The lack of scholarships has relegated Georgetown in some PL quarters to a "no expectations" mode where any win is a surprise. Four wins, including two in the PL, was encouraging, but the team loses its starting QB, two starting RB's, and two of its top three receivers in 2016. Coach Sgarlata did a great job in rallying the team from the Ty Williams injury, building up the offense, and giving Lehigh and Fordham all they could handle and then some.

The talent gap is still there, however. Versus teams with a below .500 record, Georgetown was 4-0. Versus teams above .500, 0-7.

deez_na
November 23rd, 2015, 08:03 AM
Solid but choking 2 games away hurt, we should or could have had home field throughout and instead would have a road game at Illinois State if everything plays out that way.

ST_Lawson
November 23rd, 2015, 08:11 AM
Here's what I posted on Leathernecknation.net about the season before it started:

6-5...possibly 7-4
Depends on the strength of the conference this year, but 6 wins would likely put us on the bubble for making the playoffs as one of the last teams in....7 wins in as tough of a schedule as we have this year...we'd be in.

I thought that we would beat EIU, Coastal, SIU, USD, YSU, and ISUb, and possibly "steal" one from ISUr, NDSU, or SDSU.
Instead we beat EIU, SIU, USD, UNI, ISUb, and "stole" one from SDSU.

Disappointed in the Youngstown State game...we really should have won that one (and if we'd played them like we played UNI, USD, or SDSU...it wouldn't have been close). Also disappointed in the margin of the NDSU game. I didn't really expect we'd win it (although I thought we had a chance)...but I expected a much closer game than what it ended up being.
Overall, fairly happy with how we did and the direction we're headed with our team. Ecstatic (and somewhat surprised) that we ended up getting picked for the playoffs.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2015, 08:13 AM
Good
For the most part, the entire regular season except for the USD game (and maybe the 2nd half vs Montana).

Bad
The USD game.

MacThor
November 23rd, 2015, 08:13 AM
Good.

Picked 5th or worse in the CAA to start the year; conference champs with a sweep of the co-champs and our first ever CAA AQ.

Neighbor2
November 23rd, 2015, 08:19 AM
I say Lehigh's season was surprisingly good under the circumstances. The grade is B. The players performed at their peak level and did not give up. The underclassmen, in particular, raised the overall G.P.A. in a big way! This team made something decent out of the crappy recipes the 'chefs' sent to the table.

There's good promise here with better employees.

Catatonic
November 23rd, 2015, 08:20 AM
Bad.

ACU went 6-6 last year, 4-4 in conference. The win total included two "quality" wins-FBS Troy and FCS play off bound Stephen F Austin. Not bad for a team still in transition to D1 and way short of players recruited to play FCS level ball.

Fans expected slow but steady progress this year. Instead we took a few steps bakward, finishing 3-8 with no wins against FBS or playoff bound teams. In fact, no wins against any team with a winning record.

Cocky
November 23rd, 2015, 08:21 AM
Fair
Should be undefeated and won by larger margins. Special teams need to improve.

Sam_Kats
November 23rd, 2015, 08:23 AM
Kats beat everyone they should have minus a sneaky Lamar team who ran for 4 million yards that night. Losing to an undefeated #4 seed McNeese team & Texas Tech on the road should have happened.

I'll give it a 7

CFBfan
November 23rd, 2015, 08:25 AM
I say Lehigh's season was surprisingly good under the circumstances. The grade is B. The players performed at their peak level and did not give up. The underclassmen, in particular, raised the overall G.P.A. in a big way! This team made something decent out of the crappy recipes the 'chefs' sent to the table.

There's good promise here with better employees.

you must be grading on a curve....a B for a team with a defense (or without a defense!) that couldn't stop a pee wee football team is very generous!!!!

bjtheflamesfan
November 23rd, 2015, 08:29 AM
I'll defer to knucklehead and some of the other FLames fans for more detail but here are my thoughts:

Good
Beating Montana at home
Beating CCU on national TV, someplace that has not been kind to Flames athletics over the years.
Another winning season (10 in a row, longest in the Big South and up there among the longest in the country as far as active streaks go)
Josh Woodrum
Bad
losing 5 games
Losing to Gardner-Webb and Monmouth in back to back weeks essentially dooming our playoff chances
Josh Woodrum- On the field he did well at times, and other times he made you want to rip your hair out. Off the field...well he just made you want to rip your hair out

Most Flames supporters on here will tell you this was a disappointing year after the playoffs and beating JMU (and once again postponing the final return matchup) and taking Villanova to the last minute last year. The expectation was that we would take that next step up, but we ended up going back about 2 or 3 steps on the field)

Sycamore62
November 23rd, 2015, 08:29 AM
Here's what I posted on Leathernecknation.net about the season before it started:

I thought that we would beat EIU, Coastal, SIU, USD, YSU, and ISUb, and possibly "steal" one from ISUr, NDSU, or SDSU.
Instead we beat EIU, SIU, USD, UNI, ISUb, and "stole" one from SDSU.

Disappointed in the Youngstown State game...we really should have won that one (and if we'd played them like we played UNI, USD, or SDSU...it wouldn't have been close). Also disappointed in the margin of the NDSU game. I didn't really expect we'd win it (although I thought we had a chance)...but I expected a much closer game than what it ended up being.
Overall, fairly happy with how we did and the direction we're headed with our team. Ecstatic (and somewhat surprised) that we ended up getting picked for the playoffs.

I had basically the same opinion of us this year. trade us for you and USD for MSU. All we had to do was close against WIU and ISU and we are playing EIU this week. we spent the season missing too many of our key players. I know other teams in the MVFC lost really important players but we arent in a spot where we have future stars backing up our current stars. We are probably years away from having that luxury.

RedFlash
November 23rd, 2015, 08:44 AM
Good. The Red Flash were picked to finish 5th in the NEC this season, so a 2nd place conference finish and a 6-4 overall record is a step in the right direction. At the same time, they really had a chance to go 8-2 this season and basically gave away the Bryant game with two special teams miscues and will forever be regretting throwing the ball on a 2nd and 1 at the Duquesne 5 yard line with a chance to take a 21-7 lead - only to have a pass intercepted and change the entire outlook of the game.

16 of 22 starters return next year, along with an all-conference kicker and their QB will be in his 3rd year as a starter, so 2016 has some promise. OOC schedule includes opening at Montana along with playing Albany, Towson, Columbia and a D-2 opponent as well.

BisonFan02
November 23rd, 2015, 08:45 AM
B+

BEAR
November 23rd, 2015, 08:52 AM
Good. The Bears went 6-5 last year. 7-4 this year.

Lost to Samford. That one hurt our entire season.
Dominated Oklahoma state but couldn't get our offense in the end zone.
Took a bad snap in the second half to give McNeese the game. Total collapse after that.
Sam brought the wood.

Overall we lost both starting QBS, 3 RBs, 2 WRs and a few defensive players. The team that played SAM was not the same one that played even McNeese. Even if we made the playoffs it would be short lived. Just too many injuries. We lose 26 seniors..next year will be tough.

7/10 on the year IMO.

Grizalltheway
November 23rd, 2015, 09:03 AM
7 out of 11.

Bisonator
November 23rd, 2015, 09:09 AM
Good.

Replacing most of our defense I figured we would struggle a bit at times. Did not expect the USD loss obviously that was not good but they played much better in certain games I expected to be tougher. Overall it's exactly what I thought our record could look like and a top 3 seed is probably better then I had expected.

CasualFan
November 23rd, 2015, 09:10 AM
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers

Good. I'll give them 8 out of 10. Hard to complain about 9 wins and a trip to the playoffs. But they are certainly below expectations.

Preseason this team was talking up their defense. Best in years, etc. We quickly saw that was absolute hogwash. The front 4 played well, but if a back got by them they were off to the races. The secondary seems to think that the way to play defense is to tackle someone after they catch the ball. The team has 35 PBUs on the season. That seems really low to me, feel free to correct me if its not. I can't tell you how many times the coaches have talked about busted defensive coverage leading to big plays. They simplified their defense over and over to try and fix the problem, and still haven't done it. I'm afraid we're back to the really bad defense of two years ago.

The offense has been played well but is nicked up with injury. Alex Ross has had a foot injury since the WIU game, and is barely a threat to run. Hard to make the spread option work with a gimpy QB. The receivers have also been dinged up, but we have a lot of depth there. Our running backs have been solid. Hop Henderson gets all the press, but Osharmar Abercrombie has been excellent as well. The O-Line did well replacing 3 starters from last year.

Special teams has been lights out. Phenomenal job by them this year.

Ivytalk
November 23rd, 2015, 09:23 AM
Overall, good. Won a third straight Ivy title (shared, like '13) and won the Big 3 mythical title. Also, QB Scott Hosch did better than I expected.

That said, they shouldn't have lost to Penn, were lucky against Dartmouth, and struggled in the second half against Columbia.

The 2014 group was better, but this one was solid. We lose a lot of good seniors this year, so next year will be an adventure. Keeping that 15-year streak of 7+ wins will be a challenge.

WileECoyote06
November 23rd, 2015, 09:23 AM
A+ Won a piece of the conference championship and were a blown call from being undefeated in conference.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2015, 09:30 AM
I'll give Lehigh's 6-5 season a "B-"

Good
Proved that last years 3-8 was in fact an aberration by returning to a winning season
Beat Lafayette after two straight losses against the hated rival
Contended for a league title again
Tons of young talent some which emerged nationally

Bad
The Defense was so bad, historically bad, that it cost Lehigh a shot at a 8 or 9 win season. It completely crippled any chance to seriously compete nationally....

I have a feeling AGS might be getting a healthy dose of Lehigh next year if the defense improves just a little bit. The pieces are place on offense and special teams to return to the Top 20 ways of the past....

REALBird
November 23rd, 2015, 09:32 AM
Average.........6 on a scale of 10.

Curb stomped by Iowa a school we thought we should have been competitive with, but seeing their current ranking. They're good.
Lost on road to SDSU where our team just looked totally inept. Cost us outright MVFC championship.
Should have lost to EIU, but the football God's pushed that FG wide.
Played waaaay too many games from behind SIU, WIU, EIU only to turn it on in the end.
Injuries to Corwin, Jon Marc-Anderson, Roberson, Gibbs, Kocour, and others kept us from showing we could be a dominant team.
Biggest FAIL was the non-suspension of Marshaun Coprich.

#2 Seed is great, but still waiting to see this team just go out and play balls to the wall for 60 minutes this year.

catamount man
November 23rd, 2015, 09:36 AM
I predicted 7-4. I predicted the four losses would be to The Citadel, Tennessee, Chatt and Tx A&M. The four losses were indeed to those teams. Plus, I picked The Citadel to beat South Carolina. Anybody needing predictions for 2016? I'm here 24/7. LOL!

Good year for WCU. Again, winning 14 games in two seasons after winning 14 total in EIGHT seasons show major improvement. Hoping Speir, who signed an extension through the 2019 season, keeps his staff intact and recruits like a beast. Our defense still is in bend but don't break mode at times and I'd like to see that improve. Need more OL for sure as we lose three starters. QB development will be the #1 concern in 2016 but if we can go 8-3 next season with a new QB at the helm, I will feel REAL GOOD about this team. Onward and upward! GO CATS!!!

eiu1999
November 23rd, 2015, 09:40 AM
Average.

Having Illinois State beat and not finishing them off (missed fg in final seconds) then losing in overtime to them.
Disappointing start to the season at WIU.
Not being more competitive with JSU.

Defense helped win the last 7 of 8 to finish 2nd in the OVC.

CFBfan
November 23rd, 2015, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;2292120]I'll give Lehigh's 6-5 season a "B-"

Good
Proved that last years 3-8 was in fact an aberration by returning to a winning season
Tons of young talent that emerged on the national stage.

I'm curious: what exactly is the national stage that LU showcased this young talent on???

veinup
November 23rd, 2015, 09:47 AM
kind of a rollercoaster.

new coach, three qb's playing 3 games+ each, attempting to adjust the offense accordingly and often failing .. losing to teams we should have beat, but also beating #1 NDSU and both our traditional rival (MSU) and current real rival (Eastern) handily. high highs and low lows. in the end we made the playoffs so it's all good.

i'll give montana a B+.

JSUSoutherner
November 23rd, 2015, 09:50 AM
I predicted 7-4. I predicted the four losses would be to The Citadel, Tennessee, Chatt and Tx A&M. The four losses were indeed to those teams. Plus, I picked The Citadel to beat South Carolina. Anybody needing predictions for 2016? I'm here 24/7. LOL!

Good year for WCU. Again, winning 14 games in two seasons after winning 14 total in EIGHT seasons show major improvement. Hoping Speir, who signed an extension through the 2019 season, keeps his staff intact and recruits like a beast. Our defense still is in bend but don't break mode at times and I'd like to see that improve. Need more OL for sure as we lose three starters. QB development will be the #1 concern in 2016 but if we can go 8-3 next season with a new QB at the helm, I will feel REAL GOOD about this team. Onward and upward! GO CATS!!!
I want to see your playoff bracket. Lol

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2015, 09:51 AM
DELAWARE 4-7..........0.85 GPA....UNACCEPTABLE!

WE SCARED 'NOVA (WHEN 'NOVA WAS 'NOVA)
WE SCARED JMU (WHIFF-OUT VAD LEE)
WE BEAT PLAYOFF BOUND.....BILL & MARE
WE BEAT PLAYOFF BOUND NEW HAMPSHIRE
HAD UH GREAT OFFENSIVE GAME..AGIN' NORFF CAROLINA
EKED ONE OUT...OVERAH....LAUGH-AY-ETTE
SLEEP WALKED THRU UH W....@ ELON
TOWSON/RHODEY/JACKSONVILLE/ALBANY......BRAWK LED CLUSTER-BANG....SOME UH WORST STATS....EVERAH LOGGED.....IN OURAH HALL O' RECORDS!

.........FIRE BRAWK! xwavex

SFA 93
November 23rd, 2015, 09:59 AM
8-5 last season 4-7 this season, enough said... we return a ton next season, so we should be back in the hunt.

F'N Hawks
November 23rd, 2015, 10:04 AM
Better than expected at 7-4 (I pegged them at 5 wins) but not nearly as good as EIU's banner season.

PAllen
November 23rd, 2015, 10:07 AM
pathetic

But hey, we did beat Lafayette, so there's that.

geaux_sioux
November 23rd, 2015, 10:12 AM
Decent.

Not enough good losses.

UNIFanSince1983
November 23rd, 2015, 10:18 AM
Decent.

Not enough good losses.

Don't forget not enough good wins either...

F'N Hawks
November 23rd, 2015, 10:23 AM
Don't forget not enough good wins either...

Sigh....

UIWWildthing
November 23rd, 2015, 10:32 AM
Good:
Outdid the predictions of many by finishing 7-4 and tied for 4th in the CAA

Bad:
Seriously, UNH over us AGAIN?

mamberso
November 23rd, 2015, 10:54 AM
Best regular season in school history, so excellent.
-Won all FCS games (for second year in a row), including a road win over SoCon champion UTC.
-Almost beat Auburn.
-Won't mean a whole lot if JSU doesn't get to Frisco, in my opinion.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2015, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;2292120]I'll give Lehigh's 6-5 season a "B-"

Good
Tons of young talent that emerged on the national stage.

I'm curious: what exactly is the national stage that LU showcased this young talent on???

Brags started to get some pub for the year he was having. The UND frosh RB was a beast though!

TP got some recognition last year and built on it in 2015. He'll make a couple of All- American teams in the preseason. Not first team....

LeeshaJo
November 23rd, 2015, 11:10 AM
Seriously... right now it feels like a normal year for SDSU... Play very good football but just have some inexcusable loses. Considering what we lost, I would say we are a game or two above what fans from other teams in the league expected, BUT average just doesn't cut it for me me this year. We finally got an FBS win, which is cool... so overall I would say current semester grade is a B-.

Woulda (NDSU), Coulda (UNI), Shoulda (WIU)... pick up shoulda would have said B, pick up coulda and shoulda would have said B+... .I feel like such a Yote fan in their whole beat SDSU and the season is a success mentality, but until we beat NDSU we will never have an A grade regular season...

All that said, if we go knock off Montana and NDSU ...etc in a deep run in the playoffs obviously Acing the finals improves the overall semester grade;)

UNDBIZ
November 23rd, 2015, 11:16 AM
Good enough. It would've been nice if we lost to PSU and Wyoming and won the ISU and WSU games. Then we'd probably be in the playoffs with the requisite number of quality losses.

TheRevSFA
November 23rd, 2015, 11:33 AM
On a scale from 1-10? Negative 15

tomq04
November 23rd, 2015, 12:10 PM
On a scale of 1-16 I think EWU firmly sits at an 8.

Started strong, had tons of early injuries (half of the starters), when they returned nothing happened. Barely won games they were supposed to and got DESTROYED by the NAU/Montana/PSU (this was actually a great game), teams who actually started playing decent.

QB play tooks a huge step down despite all of the hub-bub of Lil' Shoota leaving to Oregon. I think in the end we are ~where we expected to start the season, but we started so well against Oregon and Montana St, that we all got our hopes up.

Proud of the guys, and in particular Cooper Kupp who will likely ride off to a NFL career come this spring.

Catsfan90
November 23rd, 2015, 12:27 PM
I'm saying 9. We were all nervous going into the season, and they fell flat against SJSU. Beat colgate, but losing Goldrich I thought we were done for. Lost to SBU, lost the W&M, and lost to Delaware. After the Delaware loss everyone was throwing in the towel. To finish out with 4 straight wins one of them against Richmond. And to finish 7-4 with a playoff spot is well beyond expectations. Coach Mac once again showed us that he continues to remain of of the best coaches in the country.

November 23rd, 2015, 12:52 PM
Good. Replacing most of the Offense and defense line and a significant part of the defense secondary the Bison have done pretty much like expected. Still inconsistent but have improved as a unit all season.

veinup
November 23rd, 2015, 12:54 PM
On a scale of 1-16 I think EWU firmly sits at an 8.

Started strong, had tons of early injuries (half of the starters), when they returned nothing happened. Barely won games they were supposed to and got DESTROYED by the NAU/Montana/PSU (this was actually a great game), teams who actually started playing decent.

QB play tooks a huge step down despite all of the hub-bub of Lil' Shoota leaving to Oregon. I think in the end we are ~where we expected to start the season, but we started so well against Oregon and Montana St, that we all got our hopes up.

Proud of the guys, and in particular Cooper Kupp who will likely ride off to a NFL career come this spring.

godspeed, cooper! hope he can find success in the big leagues.

melloware13
November 23rd, 2015, 01:26 PM
Grade: D-/F

Good:
-Running game (at times) was huge
-2 wins v CAA Playoff teams
-2 1-possession losses to upper-CAA teams
-ended with W

Bad:
-Lost to Jacksonville
-Shutout by both URI and Towson
-Less passing yards/game than Navy (option team)
-4-7 record, worst since 2008
-15,826 avg. attendance, better than last year but would be worst regular season between 1970 and 2013

underdawg
November 23rd, 2015, 01:40 PM
SIU= It sucked

citdog
November 23rd, 2015, 01:46 PM
BEST one in a LONG time!

Mattymc727
November 23rd, 2015, 01:48 PM
I'm saying 9. We were all nervous going into the season, and they fell flat against SJSU. Beat colgate, but losing Goldrich I thought we were done for. Lost to SBU, lost the W&M, and lost to Delaware. After the Delaware loss everyone was throwing in the towel. To finish out with 4 straight wins one of them against Richmond. And to finish 7-4 with a playoff spot is well beyond expectations. Coach Mac once again showed us that he continues to remain of of the best coaches in the country.

I wouldnt go with a 9. Last year was a 9. It was indeed a good season considering where they started, but going 7-4 with a very favorable schedule places them firmly at a 7 out of 10. A playoff win and a solid effort against JMU would make this a great season for how young they are and whats coming back.

Casey_Orourke
November 23rd, 2015, 03:04 PM
Let's see.....
Last season: Disaster
Portland State was 3-9, a Big Sky laughingstock, a team that was completely demoralized, a non-football AD who resigned, a non-football interim AD who fired the head coach and installed the OC as the interim coach.

This season:Outstanding (360 degree turnaround)
Predicted: Media and coaches poll predicted 9th in the Big Sky coaches poll and 12th in the media poll

What Happened:
New AD who is a football guy.

Interim coach inherits a team that was basically intact from previous season (minus a few seniors who graduated), a few recruits who filled some holes, installs a whole new football regime reminiscent of a bunch of kids just going out on a Saturday and playing football for the shear joy of it (sandlot football), earns a multi-year contract and is a candidate (possibly the overwhelming favorite) Coach of the Year.

9-2 season

2 wins against FBS teams (Washington State: Bowl Eligible; North Texas: Set new record for largest margin of win by FCS over FBS)

5-0 against ranked (at the time) teams (#23 ISU Bengals, #16 MSU Bobcats, #17 UM Grizzlies, #18 SUU Thunderbirds, #18 EWU Eagles)

5-1 on the road

4-1 at home

A #5 National Ranking

A #6 seed in the FCS Playoffs.

The only thing that would make this season sweeter would be a National Championship, but we still have a ways to go and tough row to hoe. That is an honor that must be earned.

jmufan999
November 23rd, 2015, 03:18 PM
at times, we had the best offense in JMU history. not so much now without Vad.

at times, we had arguably the worst defense in JMU history. ok, I'm not actually positive about that one. but it's up there.

I guess I'd say "good" or I'd grade us a "B". If we had even the slightest clue how to tackle or get off the field on 3rd down, it could be an A. but we don't.

walliver
November 23rd, 2015, 03:21 PM
Definitely a D

Very few losses from last year's team, and I expected a definite improvement. Instead, we had questionable coaching moves at QB and offensive inconsistency. Injuries decimated the defensive backfield. That said, we still had our chances. Turnovers against Idaho, Western, and Chatty hurt. If we could have pulled off those three games, we would be 8-3 and possibly playing this weekend, but bad losses to the Citadel and Samford suggest it would have been a short trip.

All 3 of our starting QB's return, as well as most RB's. A number of our graduating seniors on D missed much of the year with injuries. Next year should be an improved team which can compete for the SoCon championship, and put an end to that horrible Citadel winning streak.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 23rd, 2015, 03:21 PM
Good. The Red Flash were picked to finish 5th in the NEC this season, so a 2nd place conference finish and a 6-4 overall record is a step in the right direction. At the same time, they really had a chance to go 8-2 this season and basically gave away the Bryant game with two special teams miscues and will forever be regretting throwing the ball on a 2nd and 1 at the Duquesne 5 yard line with a chance to take a 21-7 lead - only to have a pass intercepted and change the entire outlook of the game.

16 of 22 starters return next year, along with an all-conference kicker and their QB will be in his 3rd year as a starter, so 2016 has some promise. OOC schedule includes opening at Montana along with playing Albany, Towson, Columbia and a D-2 opponent as well.

So much pain in that first paragraph. But a life without suffering is no life at all. Sounds like St. Francis of Assisi.

I want to say disappointing, but I justly cannot. We had our first winning season since 1992. That is progress, but that ending is haunting.

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2015, 05:21 PM
@ UConn L 15-20 - Huskies were better than expected this season. Nova hung tough. B
@Fordham W 14-7 - Solid win in rain storm against a good Fordham team. A
Delaware W 28-21 - Always a good game when you beat the Blue Hens. Lost JR in this game. B
Penn L 13-24 - Pope visit made this a Thrsday night game. Team wasn't ready and lost to Penn 1st time since 1911 D-
William & Mary L 16-38 - Early lead turned into a beating. D
@ Albany W 37-0 - Beat up on a young Albany team B
@Towson L 21-28 - 2 Pick 6s sealed their fate. C-
Maine W 13-3 - Ho hum win. B-
@ Rhode Island W 24-3 - Defense dominates another offenseless team B
Richmond W 21-20 - Proves out to be the marquee win of the year. A+
@ JMU L 29-38 - Down 24-21 with 5 minutes left and going in for a score another major turnover turns into a fumble recovery TD. B-

Total GPA 2.63 C+

blackbeard
November 23rd, 2015, 05:27 PM
Slightly letter than expected. 6-5 record despite huge losses due to graduation. 3rd winning season in a row. Graduation losses on the OL and DB really hurt, got so thin had to ask a couple of receivers to also play DB late in the season, one went both ways a ton, another a few times when the game was on the line. One real ugly loss to Dartmouth but otherwise typical win some/lose some.

ElCid
November 23rd, 2015, 05:28 PM
@ UConn L 15-20 - Huskies were better than expected this season. Nova hung tough. B
@Fordham W 14-7 - Solid win in rain storm against a good Fordham team. A
Delaware W 28-21 - Always a good game when you beat the Blue Hens. Lost JR in this game. B
Penn L 13-24 - Pope visit made this a Thrsday night game. Team wasn't ready and lost to Penn 1st time since 1911 D-
William & Mary L 16-38 - Early lead turned into a beating. D
@ Albany W 37-0 - Beat up on a young Albany team B
@Towson L 21-28 - 2 Pick 6s sealed their fate. C-
Maine W 13-3 - Ho hum win. B-
@ Rhode Island W 24-3 - Defense dominates another offenseless team B
Richmond W 21-20 - Proves out to be the marquee win of the year. A+
@ JMU L 29-38 - Down 24-21 with 5 minutes left and going in for a score another major turnover turns into a fumble recovery TD. B-

Total GPA 2.63 C+

I like the format. You guys let me down on my Clenz pick for CAA Champ.

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2015, 05:43 PM
I like the format. You guys let me down on my Clenz pick for CAA Champ.

You weren't the only one let down!

jsualumnus
November 23rd, 2015, 05:45 PM
Great...Grade of an A...

If we make it to the NC then I give it an A+ whether we win it or lose it.

Skyhawk71
November 23rd, 2015, 05:52 PM
Good.....picked 4th in the OVC again.......Finished 3rd again.......blew it against EIU, cost the 'Hawks a playoff bid- exactly what I called in my post before the season- beat one of the Big 3 lose the other 2- upside, UTM didn't choke against any of the teams below 3rd this time.........favorite moment of the season was STATS continuously ranking the 4th place team in the OVC every week until the final week of the season......

Terry2889
November 23rd, 2015, 05:54 PM
Good:
Outdid the predictions of many by finishing 7-4 and tied for 4th in the CAA

Bad:
Seriously, UNH over us AGAIN?

Sorry.... Again..xrolleyesx

ElCid
November 23rd, 2015, 06:03 PM
Stealing Gangtackles' format...

- Davidson - W 69-0 - Got out to great start against Davidson...as was expected, but it was dominating: 602 yds - 104 yds: A
- WCU - W 28-10 - always nice to get an early lead in the SOCON, and our Defense shined - A
- @Georgia So - L 13-48 - anyone who saw them play Georgia this past week knows they are good; and we struggled: C-, on a FBS curve
- CSU - L 20-33 - blew the halftime lead, sloppy play all around, definitely the season low point: D
- Wofford - W 39-12 - got the monkey off our back, would have made the season right there, but we had more to go: A+
- @Samford - W 44-25 - really dominated them; they had no answer for our running game; pass D was questionable but good enough: A
- @Furman - W 38-17 - another road vicotry in dominating fashion, and ....Furman sucks: A
- Mercer - W 21-19 - a little let down, we had to come back after spotting them 10 early; almost blew it (like UTC), but we didn't : B+
- VMI - W 35-14 - struggled at times on O, D was good (but without having to face VMI's stud QB) - A-
- @UTC - L 23-31 - obviously we needed to win this but UTC is a good team; and they played near perfect 1st half ball: B-
- @USC - W 23-22 - what can you say, a perfect ending to a Cinderella season: A+, no curve

Overall, 8-3, co-champs of SOCON, the Wofford monkey off our back, an SEC scalp, playoffs for the first time in a generation....hmmm, I would say an A. A- if we lose Saturday. A+ if we take out CCU and CSU. Dean's list in any event.

EKU Toss Sweep
November 23rd, 2015, 06:25 PM
As a team a D-

There are too many great young men on the team and in the program to give this season an F as some probably will. There were some good story lines and some great individual performances but as a team it is definitely a failing grade and a D-.

Always a Colonel and already looking forward to 2016.

centennial
November 23rd, 2015, 06:28 PM
7/10 not because we are a bad team, but more how we lost. Montana- we could have easily run the time out, but choose to throw. South Dakota- After the fight with UNI the team comes in overconfident, after we are up 14-0, our play calling goes to hell, even running when they are stacking the box. We gave the committee a chance to screw us, and they did.

Bisonoline
November 23rd, 2015, 06:34 PM
I thought we would lose 2-3 games this year due to our loss of experienced players. But I sure didnt think I could chalk up a couple of losses to our coaching staff.
So I think we did pretty darn good this year so far. I would have to give us a 7 or 8 out of 10.

ngineer
November 23rd, 2015, 09:02 PM

Good

Bad
The Defense was so bad, historically bad, that it cost Lehigh a shot at a 8 or 9 win season. It completely crippled any chance to seriously compete nationally....

I have a feeling AGS might be getting a healthy dose of Lehigh next year if the defense improves just a little bit. The pieces are place on offense and special teams to return to the Top 20 ways of the past....

I agree with this grade. Preseason I thought a 7-4 record would be 'good'. 6-5 is "acceptable" but frustrating when realizing games that were given away by unusual number of turnovers. Lehigh was -10 in turnovers this year. Tough to have a winning season with that stat; yet, in the second to last week, we were in the championship hunt. Most people, preseaon, would have accepted that scenario with open arms. But, now in retrospect, we now see the ability for this team to start excelling....if it gets a defense. It will be hard holding this team below 35-40 points a game next year. If we can just hold opponents to around 24 points a game, a return to the NCAA's should be in the offing. We shall have to see what off-season changes, if any, are made.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2015, 09:10 PM
7/10 not because we are a bad team, but more how we lost. Montana- we could have easily run the time out, but choose to throw. South Dakota- After the fight with UNI the team comes in overconfident, after we are up 14-0, our play calling goes to hell, even running when they are stacking the box. We gave the committee a chance to screw us, and they did.

I thought we would lose 2-3 games this year due to our loss of experienced players. But I sure didnt think I could chalk up a couple of losses to our coaching staff.
So I think we did pretty darn good this year so far. I would have to give us a 7 or 8 out of 10.
For as muck flak as many of us have given the Bison coaches for their contribution to the two losses I don't see a lot of praise for them contributing to these last 5 wins. Wentz was well on his way to being a Payton finalist when he went down yet this coaching staff and the team rallied around each other and haven't missed a beat. I agree there's been some coaching decisions that even the NDSU coaches, if they were being 100% honest, would've made differently given another chance but they deserve some credit as well for righting the ship and getting this team rolling behind a freshman QB.

catamount man
November 23rd, 2015, 10:09 PM
I want to see your playoff bracket. Lol

Now that I think about it, I think I picked us to beat EL CID and lose at Wofford. I think. Hell, that was August...LOL!

Thumper 76
November 23rd, 2015, 10:16 PM
Some of yall use strange ratings systems. 8/16? xlolx

FordhamFan
November 23rd, 2015, 10:30 PM
I gotta give Fordham an A- for a 9-2 effort this year. Losing 33 seniors, including three 1000 yard wideouts, an All-American level QB and just so many key pieces of a playoff team had many of us Fordham fans unsure of what this year would be.

There was one certainty, and that was Chase Edmonds. He's been all that, transfer from Marshall Anderson has stepped in and done an incredible job in his first full-time QB role since high school. The receivers and line are young, the secondary is green, and yet we pulled out a 9-2 season, earned an at-large bid, won an FBS game and came very close to repeating as Patriot League champs. I said it last year and I'll say it again (especially with the Syracuse job opening), as long as Moorhead and company are around, Fordham will be good.

The minus only comes because I wanted that PL title. Bad.

biggame
November 23rd, 2015, 10:48 PM
How many quality wins does UNI have on the season? I looked at your results and counted 1 but I would like your opinion on it.

JALMOND
November 23rd, 2015, 10:56 PM
Portland State---terrible. We should never have lost to North Dakota and Northern Colorado. xlolx

Seriously, fantastic. The beginning of the year, I thought the only two games we'd win all year were the two we actually lost. Still riding this crazy train!! xthumbsupx

Bisonoline
November 23rd, 2015, 10:57 PM
For as muck flak as many of us have given the Bison coaches for their contribution to the two losses I don't see a lot of praise for them contributing to these last 5 wins. Wentz was well on his way to being a Payton finalist when he went down yet this coaching staff and the team rallied around each other and haven't missed a beat. I agree there's been some coaching decisions that even the NDSU coaches, if they were being 100% honest, would've made differently given another chance but they deserve some credit as well for righting the ship and getting this team rolling behind a freshman QB.

Thats there freaking job.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2015, 11:02 PM
Thats there freaking job.
And a job well done I might add. Really no different from pointing out when the job is done poorly but it's pretty obvious which sticks out more in the minds of most fans. xtwocentsx

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2015, 11:06 PM
How many quality wins does UNI have on the season? I looked at your results and counted 1 but I would like your opinion on it.
1 and no bad losses which was apparently very important to this year's committee.

Honestly if you're wondering how UNI got in you're trolling pretty hard.

katstrapper
November 23rd, 2015, 11:51 PM
Good. We made the playoffs, so it can't be bad. We lost at home to Lamar, so it can't be excellent.

IMO, I think they underachieved this year given the crappy schedule. I seriously thought this team could have run the table after the Tx Tech loss and finished 10-1. When clicking, this offense can run anybody off the field and the defense showed much improvement during the season.

Catbooster
November 24th, 2015, 02:27 AM
Bad. first losing season in 14 years, broke 85 (?) week streak of being ranked, preseason pick to win (or 2nd, depending on poll) the conference.....It seemed that all we needed after last year was for our defense to improve from really lousy to not so good. Couldn't do it

JMU_71
November 24th, 2015, 08:44 AM
A-

We had some lows, but mostly highs. The lowest of the low was losing Vad Lee on Homecoming while losing to a Ticks team that was better coached than we were. All that happens after we host Gameday. That was definitely a kick in the nuts.

Losing to the Nerds the very next week hurt as well. I always thought that would be a tough win in Williamsburg considering how good their defense was suppose to be this year (and they are). We still managed to score 41 points in the game with a new starting QB.

All season our D has been porous. We simply do not know how to defend the read option and play too far off of receivers.

The good news is that we managed to win 2 of 3 to close the season while breaking in a new QB.

We are Co-CAA Champs.

We beat a FBS team (SMU) although an awful one.

We are hosting a playoff game and received the highest seed of any CAA school.

At the beginning of the season, I thought we would be 8-3, so I cannot be unhappy with 9-2.

Jacks02
November 24th, 2015, 09:35 AM
My grade for SDSU would be a B+. I expected us to make the playoffs this year, but never thought we'd be in the Top 10 for much of the season. There were many questions after losing Sumner, Zenner and Schneider to graduation and the team rose up and went on without losing a beat without them. Mix in some tough injuries to the offensive line and losing our starting QB early in the season, and I think it would tough to complain about how everything went. The loss to WIU keeps me from giving an A grade however.

Crazy to think this team is a few plays (against UNI and WIU) away from being 10-1 and the #1 or #2 seed in the tourney. What could have been...

biggame
November 24th, 2015, 03:39 PM
1 and no bad losses which was apparently very important to this year's committee.

Honestly if you're wondering how UNI got in you're trolling pretty hard.

I am not wondering how they got in, it's just that UNI never seems to live up to the hype. Name recognition I guess and they will win at least one playoff game this year because they get a softball but I doubt they win two.

AmsterBison
November 24th, 2015, 04:12 PM
I am not wondering how they got in, it's just that UNI never seems to live up to the hype. Name recognition I guess and they will win at least one playoff game this year because they get a softball but I doubt they win two.

Name recognition didn't get UNI into the playoffs in 2013 even though they destroyed McNeese State who went on to get a first round bye. UNI beat a 3-win P5 team, not a 1-win G5 team. They also ended on a three-game win-streak. Heck, NDSU had to come back from 13 down in the fourth quarter to beat them (and that NDSU team was something special IIRC even by NDSU standards.)

McNeese72
November 24th, 2015, 04:27 PM
McNeese season was just decent.

Our offense was inconsistent. But our defense was the best I've seen it since the mid-late 90's. The defense carried us in a lot of our games.

We did manage to squeak out wins against whoever lined up in front of us.

I do wish we would have played that LSU game. I think it would have been a lot closer than a lot of people would have thought it would be with our defense. LSU is really a one-trick pony. I know Lance Guidry would have been stacking the line to stop the run and would have forced Harris to beat us with his arm. Being it was the first game of the year and his first start it would have been interesting to see what happened.

I know the McNeese fans will not be satisfied until we win some damn playoff games. So the season was just good and not great.

Doc

Silenoz
November 24th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Beginning and end = A
Middle = D

msupokes1
November 24th, 2015, 04:34 PM
I agree Doc. Defense was fantastic but the offense needs to be more consistent. With the cupcake schedule we played, we will now see if our defense is really as good as I think it is.

Theee Catrabbit
November 24th, 2015, 04:36 PM
A, but I'm using a Bell Curve

McNeese72
November 25th, 2015, 07:42 AM
I agree Doc. Defense was fantastic but the offense needs to be more consistent. With the cupcake schedule we played, we will now see if our defense is really as good as I think it is.

We still haven't played anybody good yet!

Doc

Gil Dobie
November 25th, 2015, 07:46 AM
For NDSU, it was a good regular season, playoff seed #3. Tough to follow 4 Championship seasons with 2 losses. The playoffs will determine overall if it was a great season or a very good season.

bjtheflamesfan
November 25th, 2015, 08:22 AM
We still haven't played anybody good yet!

Doc
If there was an award for sandbagger of the year it'd go to the entire McNeese State fan base...

CID1990
November 25th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Definitely a D

Very few losses from last year's team, and I expected a definite improvement. Instead, we had questionable coaching moves at QB and offensive inconsistency. Injuries decimated the defensive backfield. That said, we still had our chances. Turnovers against Idaho, Western, and Chatty hurt. If we could have pulled off those three games, we would be 8-3 and possibly playing this weekend, but bad losses to the Citadel and Samford suggest it would have been a short trip.

All 3 of our starting QB's return, as well as most RB's. A number of our graduating seniors on D missed much of the year with injuries. Next year should be an improved team which can compete for the SoCon championship, and put an end to that horrible Citadel winning streak.

Not gonna happen!

We owe you at least ten years of futility and we always pay our bills!

carney2
November 25th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Lafayette grades out at F Minus and is on double secret probation.

1-10 should be enough of a comment - the most losses in the 134 years of Leopard football - but,
Blown out 6 times, once by a non-scholarship program.
The coaching was atrocious with a previously all-world QB regressing to way below average, a defense that disappeared, and an O-line that just plain stunk the place out for the 6th consecutive year.
Sixth consecutive losing season.
A head coach who should be fired, but hasn't been/won't be.

And the Wheel of excuses keeps on spinning while the losses and crappy football keep on coming. Don't expect 2010 to be the end of it.

McNeese75
November 25th, 2015, 09:39 AM
If there was an award for sandbagger of the year it'd go to the entire McNeese State fan base...

Nobody is sandbagging here. Just ask all the other SLC teams. Every one of them will tell you we were "Lucky" to win. It had nothing to do with skill.

RichH2
November 25th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Lehigh
Not as good as I hoped but as good as we could expect after last year. A winning record and a W over Lafayette

McNeese72
November 25th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Nobody is sandbagging here. Just ask all the other SLC teams. Every one of them will tell you we were "Lucky" to win. It had nothing to do with skill.

And we haven't played anybody good yet. Just ask the Bison fans. Of course, their definition of anybody good is only any team in the top 90% of the MVFC. ;)

bjtheflamesfan
November 26th, 2015, 12:19 PM

Seriously? Of the 10 games the Cowboys actually played (the LSU game notwithstanding since weather forced that one to be called off), 8 of them were decided by 2 TDs or more. Now I can give you saying that the Abilene Christian and Lamar games might have had a bit of luck involved. You don't beat a team by 30 on luck alone. Why don't you stop sandbagging on your sandbagging and actually give your team a little credit.

McNeese72
November 26th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Seriously? Of the 10 games the Cowboys actually played (the LSU game notwithstanding since weather forced that one to be called off), 8 of them were decided by 2 TDs or more. Now I can give you saying that the Abilene Christian and Lamar games might have had a bit of luck involved. You don't beat a team by 30 on luck alone. Why don't you stop sandbagging on your sandbagging and actually give your team a little credit.

No, we suck. Just ask the majority of the Bison fans.

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2015, 04:50 PM
No, we suck. Just ask the majority of the Bison fans.

Totally agree.... xlolx

bjtheflamesfan
November 26th, 2015, 08:28 PM
I give up...you guys probably will talk like that sitting in a hotel room in Frisco the night before the national championship game...

McNeese72
November 27th, 2015, 07:44 AM
I give up...you guys probably will talk like that sitting in a hotel room in Frisco the night before the national championship game...

This McNeese team does sort of remind me of the 1997 McNeese team. Great on defense but so-so on offense.

Doc

McNeese75
November 27th, 2015, 10:12 AM
This McNeese team does sort of remind me of the 1997 McNeese team. Great on defense but so-so on offense.

Doc

That has been my opinion all year. If the offense ever breaks out and has a good game, well, look out.

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Absolutely no comment...

Houndawg
November 27th, 2015, 10:29 AM

Good

Bad

That's SIU's story too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 28th, 2015, 07:47 AM
That's SIU's story too.

This is what is surprising at SIU with Lennon. He had very good defenses at UND but that hasn't been the case at SIU.

Hammerhead
November 28th, 2015, 08:32 AM
This is what I was thinking. I was expecting 2 or 3 losses -- just losses to different teams. Can't wait for next week and my first home playoff game in the Fargodome.

Good.

Replacing most of our defense I figured we would struggle a bit at times. Did not expect the USD loss obviously that was not good but they played much better in certain games I expected to be tougher. Overall it's exactly what I thought our record could look like and a top 3 seed is probably better then I had expected.

SeattleGriz
November 28th, 2015, 09:38 AM
I'll give the Griz a B+. 4th new head coach in 7 years and I can't even remember how many other position coach changes. Some guys, this was their 3rd different offense since being on the team. Lots of moving pieces and we made the playoffs with all that!

Sader87
November 28th, 2015, 09:58 AM
C+/B-

Good: offense was very productive, particularly the passing game. First season ovah .500 since 2011.

Bad: no real signature wins, defense still needs a lot of work, particularly against the stronger teams inside and outside of league play.