PDA

View Full Version : UND Is Going to Smash Teams Next Year

Pages : [1] 2

geaux_sioux
November 22nd, 2015, 07:50 PM
Our team is almost all soph and fr and we had some very good players redshirt. This will be one pissed off team this winter as they lift weights and run. We also have our IPF to do 7 on 7 work all winter long. Every team we play will feel it because UND is going to have a monumental chip on their shoulders. All this snub did was make our team even closer as a family and even more ready to kick ass next season.

Dane96
November 22nd, 2015, 07:55 PM
Sigh.

Silenoz
November 22nd, 2015, 07:59 PM
Do we play you for like the 9th straight year or do we finally get a break from the Alerus Center?

Gil Dobie
November 22nd, 2015, 08:00 PM
Being pissed off is better than being pissed on.

nodak43
November 22nd, 2015, 08:03 PM
I'm not going to come in all brash and go that far...but UND brings back a ton of young talent from a team that improved vastly over the course of the year. Losing Ratelle will be tough to replace, but the two best positions for UND depth-wise were LB and OL, so I feel good that we will be able to replace them. Continued good recruiting by the coaching staff should help to build depth, which hurt UND in some bad losses this year.

This experience should provide a valuable lesson for the team to not leave things up to a committee. With a schedule that's very favorable (in terms of W/L ability, not computer rankings), I think it's entirely possible that UND wins the Big Sky next year...the team just needs to continue to live by the day by day mantra that's been installed by Bubba and play with a HUGE chip on their shoulders next year. I know I'm damned excited for next season already...286 days until Stony Brook (I hear Long Island is nice in early September)!

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2015, 08:05 PM
Better find a secondary.

geaux_sioux
November 22nd, 2015, 08:13 PM
Better find a secondary.
Our secondary will be very good next year. Same guys just more experience. They were all soph or fr. And the week after we played you guys we intercepted Prukop 2 times. The week after that we intercepted Northern Colorado 3 times.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 08:14 PM
Our team is almost all soph and fr and we had some very good players redshirt. This will be one pissed off team this winter as they lift weights and run. We also have our IPF to do 7 on 7 work all winter long. Every team we play will feel it because UND is going to have a monumental chip on their shoulders. All this snub did was make our team even closer as a family and even more ready to kick ass next season.

Yawn

UNHWildcat18
November 22nd, 2015, 08:20 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/fvwgOui2RBRMA/giphy.gif

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 08:23 PM
Our secondary will be very good next year. Same guys just more experience. They were all soph or fr. And the week after we played you guys we intercepted Prukop 2 times. The week after that we intercepted Northern Colorado 3 times.

A bad secondary a year old does not equal a good secondary. xlolx

geaux_sioux
November 22nd, 2015, 08:24 PM
Just curious, how many UND games did you watch this year?

nodak43
November 22nd, 2015, 08:27 PM

I've come to expect it from FCS fans of the "old guard" teams...the concept of game over game improvement is lost on most of them. Did UND have some really bad games this year...absolutely. It's to be expected of a team in which several of their better players were playing high school ball last year. For those of us that watched the entire season...we saw significant strides made, and it's not unrealistic to expect improvements to continue through the offseason...

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2015, 08:30 PM
And we all know UND is the only team that played freshman and sophomores so the rest of us can't hope to improve xrolleyesx

geaux_sioux
November 22nd, 2015, 08:33 PM
And we all know UND is the only team that played freshman and sophomores so the rest of us can't hope to improve xrolleyesx
I'd be willing to bet that UND had a much younger 2 deep than most teams in the nation, let alone the playoff teams. Also most teams have already been established in D1 and have the requisite depth that we are just now building for the first time. So I'd say it's a little different situation for UND when compared to other teams in terms of improvement for next season.

nodak43
November 22nd, 2015, 08:34 PM

Haha didn't mean it quite like that (message board rookie...I plead ignorance)...but we do only lose 5 starters and those are in positions with decent depth...I'm sure the Big Sky will be tough as always next year...but it's not unrealistic based on this year's performance and what's coming back to feel like UND will have a chance to win the conference next year...still a long ways away from that time though.

Also...it's awfully fun to feel good going into next year for once...it's been awhile haha

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2015, 08:37 PM
I'd be willing to bet that UND had a much younger 2 deep than most teams in the nation, let alone the playoff teams. Also most teams have already been established in D1 and have the requisite depth that we are just now building for the first time. So I'd say it's a little different situation for UND when compared to other teams in terms of improvement for next season.
Which doesn't guarantee you anything. If UND is as good as you think you're better off letting their play do the talking next year instead of thumping your chest while most everyone else is more interested in the current season. You're just making yourself look chattownmocs-like silly.

BisonTru
November 22nd, 2015, 08:39 PM
Looking at your media guide, which may or may not be accurate, I'm sure you guys will correct me if I'm wrong.

You lose 3/5 on the Oline, that can be difficult to overcome. Lose a Wr and a TE. Lose your nose tackle and two of your best players at the LB position.

All in all, seems like a fairly average year of lose/keep.

Catsfan90
November 22nd, 2015, 08:43 PM
Did Chattownmocs suddenly become a UND fan?

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 08:44 PM

Two.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 08:45 PM
I've come to expect it from FCS fans of the "old guard" teams...the concept of game over game improvement is lost on most of them. Did UND have some really bad games this year...absolutely. It's to be expected of a team in which several of their better players were playing high school ball last year. For those of us that watched the entire season...we saw significant strides made, and it's not unrealistic to expect improvements to continue through the offseason...

9 posts in 9 years. I'm sure you're very well versed in FCS football and watch teams from all over the country. xrolleyesx

Nickels
November 22nd, 2015, 08:45 PM
Looking at your media guide, which may or may not be accurate, I'm sure you guys will correct me if I'm wrong.

You lose 3/5 on the Oline, that can be difficult to overcome. Lose a Wr and a TE. Lose your nose tackle and two of your best players at the LB position.

but...but..they're MAD xpissedxand like super motivated and stuff...

nodak43
November 22nd, 2015, 08:49 PM
9 posts in 9 years. I'm sure you're very well versed in FCS football and watch teams from all over the country. xrolleyesx

Haha sorry...have a life outside of message board posting (I've been a longtime member because I follow the site regularly)...I'd put my FCS knowledge up against the average poster on here...

veinup
November 22nd, 2015, 08:49 PM
weeeeelll ... maybe you're right.

The Yo Show
November 22nd, 2015, 08:50 PM
To be fair, UND created a stir this year. Who's to say they can't be something again next year xeyebrowx. Doesn't mean they will be, but you never know. I guess we will find out next year xdrunkyx

FargoBison
November 22nd, 2015, 08:51 PM
But Ratelle is gone....geaux_sioux I thought you would be on some kind of gfhockey esque bender right now due to the combo of no more Ratelle and no playoffs...and thus no epic analytical breakdown of UND-NDSU at the FargoLoaf playoff rematch thread.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 08:51 PM
Haha sorry...have a life outside of message board posting (I've been a longtime member because I follow the site regularly)...I'd put my FCS knowledge up against the average poster on here...

Yeah, none of us have lives outside of here. It takes so much longer to add to the conversation then to just read. xlolx

nodak651
November 22nd, 2015, 08:53 PM
All I know is we are trending in the right direction. Missing out on the playoffs really stings, and I hope the players use it as motivation, rather than sulk. Hopefully the hype around this team translates into a bump in attendance, so we can start to fill the Alerus in order to give these players a better home field advantage.

nodak43
To be fair, UND created a stir this year. Who's to say they can't be something again next year xeyebrowx. Doesn't mean they will be, but you never know. I guess we will find out next year xdrunkyx

Exactly...I guess it's a bad thing to be optimistic around here...I never saw anywhere in the AGS bylaws where fans weren't allowed to be hopeful...that's as far as I'll go though...I'm no Rex Ryan...hopefully UND will let their play do the talking...

geaux_sioux

Our starting NG was a rfr and the backup was a tfr. The WR you are talking about is Cerrentino who was not on the two deep anymore. We do lose a good TE. Our 3 OL will be replaced by guys with a lot of experience who were rs soph and rfr this year. The only big losses we have are Ratelle and Idowu but we replace them with guys that have a ton of experience because we roll two deep on defense. Basically we lose a couple really good players, but only a couple. The overall team will be improved immensely, just look at the progression of our qb this year.

geaux_sioux
November 22nd, 2015, 08:55 PM
Two.
Which ones?

nodak43
November 22nd, 2015, 08:55 PM
Yeah, none of us have lives outside of here. It takes so much longer to add to the conversation then to just read. xlolx

Perhaps you didn't see much of the Chris Mussman era...I wouldn't blame you...but I didn't really have anything good to add in regards to UND football there for awhile...

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 08:58 PM
Which ones?

North Dakota State and Montana, your honor. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps you didn't see much of the Chris Mussman era...I wouldn't blame you...but I didn't really have anything good to add in regards to UND football there for awhile...

You can add bad stuff. Look at most of our UNI posts this year. xlolx

nodak43
November 22nd, 2015, 09:01 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to try and be better from now on...hopefully you guys Rip the "Fightin Garrapalo's" a new one next week...that should have been us! Hahaha

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 22nd, 2015, 09:01 PM
Prokop is a RB.........big whoop

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BisonTru
November 22nd, 2015, 09:02 PM
Our starting NG was a rfr and the backup was a tfr. The WR you are talking about is Cerrentino who was not on the two deep anymore. We do lose a good TE. Our 3 OL will be replaced by guys with a lot of experience who were rs soph and rfr this year. The only big losses we have are Ratelle and Idowu but we replace them with guys that have a ton of experience because we roll two deep on defense. Basically we lose a couple really good players, but only a couple. The overall team will be improved immensely, just look at the progression of our qb this year.

What happened to Woodsmall? Just wasn't getting penetration.

geaux_sioux
November 22nd, 2015, 09:05 PM

- - - Updated - - -

So you saw UNDs two worst performances. Valid sample. I wonder what you would think if you had seen only the Montana State and Cal Poly games? BTW you guys gave up 200 more rushing yards to Poly than we did.

BisonFan02
November 22nd, 2015, 09:05 PM
If UND wouldn't have agreed to the away/away with NDSU, they might have made the postseason. Better buy out that next one... :D

geaux_sioux
November 22nd, 2015, 09:06 PM
His knee just wasn't right and Tank Harris(rfr) and Drew Greely(tfr) were better.

geaux_sioux
November 22nd, 2015, 09:07 PM

24 TD passes is a lot for a RB.

herd13
November 22nd, 2015, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=PantherRob82;2291821]North Dakota State and Montana, your honor. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Good post, sir. I was gonna say I watched 4 but now I'm afraid because he might tell me I watched the "wrong" ones.

FormerPokeCenter
November 22nd, 2015, 09:16 PM

That's the Best ChattownMocs imitation I've ever seen...

Hammerhead
November 22nd, 2015, 09:22 PM
They are Fighting Hawks so they are fighting mad. :)

but...but..they're MAD xpissedxand like super motivated and stuff...

nodak43
November 22nd, 2015, 09:24 PM
That's the Best ChattownMocs imitation I've ever seen...

Haha yeah that's a little brash...I think it's going to be a really really long 286 days xlolxxlolx

BisonFan02
November 22nd, 2015, 09:24 PM
Watched a little bit of the Cal Poly game for UND (as much as I could tolerate)....after hearing announcers call UND the "Fighting Hawks" repeatedly...it confirmed my thought that they REALLY ****ed up in not picking Roughriders....

Winterborn
November 22nd, 2015, 09:25 PM

His knee just wasn't right and Tank Harris(rfr) and Drew Greely(tfr) were better.

This stuff works miracles when you have a stuck nut or a joint that is just not moving right.....;)

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21870&stc=1

No_Skill
November 22nd, 2015, 09:26 PM
Geaux_fhawks after he heard the news this morning...

http://www.enveritasgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Tantrum.gif

You better watch out fcs, my team's gonna be all like...

https://nypdecider.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/rocky-training-montage-4.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5r1i7nfQp1qatk7fo1_500.gif

https://continuumissues.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/brady.gif

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2015, 09:26 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?160079-Is-Dakota-Prukop-the-Best-QB-in-the-BSC&highlight=Prukop

FormerPokeCenter
November 22nd, 2015, 09:27 PM
Haha yeah that's a little brash...I think it's going to be a really really long 286 days xlolxxlolx

I thought you guys were used to a long off season filled with Hockey?

nodak43
November 22nd, 2015, 09:31 PM
I thought you guys were used to a long off season filled with Hockey?

All six of us football-first UND fans will suffer together...it's gonna be a long f'hawkin winter haha.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 09:31 PM
I'm going to try and be better from now on...hopefully you guys Rip the "Fightin Garrapalo's" a new one next week...that should have been us! Hahaha

We will. UNI by 21.

geaux_sioux
November 22nd, 2015, 09:34 PM
We will. UNI by 21.
I hope you guys win by 30+. But Dayton winning would be the sweetest irony.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2015, 09:36 PM
So you saw UNDs two worst performances. Valid sample. I wonder what you would think if you had seen only the Montana State and Cal Poly games? BTW you guys gave up 200 more rushing yards to Poly than we did.

I'm sure that had nothing to do with the fact they were good teams. xrolleyesx

If you want to talk stats, we didn't get xasswhipx by the Bison.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=PantherRob82;2291821]North Dakota State and Montana, your honor. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Good post, sir. I was gonna say I watched 4 but now I'm afraid because he might tell me I watched the "wrong" ones.

If they lost, they were the wrong ones.

Sycamore62
November 22nd, 2015, 09:38 PM
Feel free to cut and paste next year's updated post when the time comes.

Our team is almost all Jr. and soph and we had some very good players redshirt last year. This will be one pissed off team for a second winter in a row as they lift weights and run. We also have our IPF to do 7 on 7 work all winter long. Every team we play will feel it because UND is going to have a legendary monumental chip on their shoulders. All these snubs did was make our team even closer as a family and even more ready to kick ass next season.

frozennorth
November 22nd, 2015, 09:49 PM
Did Chattownmocs suddenly become a UND fan?UND is an entire fanbases of chattowns. Geaux sioux is sane by their low standards.

geaux_sioux
November 22nd, 2015, 09:55 PM
Feel free to cut and paste next year's updated post when the time comes.
I'd be willing to bet UND makes the playoffs sooner than Larry Bird State

nodak43
November 22nd, 2015, 09:57 PM
UND is an entire fanbases of chattowns. Geaux sioux is sane by their low standards.

I apologize on behalf of the overly optimistic fans that bother you so much Frozennorth...I guess following your team shouldn't be any fun...

Sycamore62
November 22nd, 2015, 10:17 PM

Ya you're probably right unless we can get in the Big Sky fast

frozennorth
November 22nd, 2015, 10:20 PM
I apologize on behalf of the overly optimistic fans that bother you so much Frozennorth...I guess following your team shouldn't be any fun...

Sioux sports dot com has been unjustifiably optimistic for years. They've seen their hopes crushed for years. There's absolutely merit to being pleased at the progress of the program, but at a certain point your just lying to yourself. Lying to itself cost UND football almost a decade.

I was pretty excited at the prospect of finally going to a home playoff game for the first time in years in my last year here. EIU should be sitting home.

nodak43
November 22nd, 2015, 10:29 PM
Sioux sports dot com has been unjustifiably optimistic for years. They've seen their hopes crushed for years. There's absolutely merit to being pleased at the progress of the program, but at a certain point your just lying to yourself. Lying to itself cost UND football almost a decade.

I was pretty excited at the prospect of finally going to a home playoff game for the first time in years in my last year here. EIU should be sitting home.

Don't disagree with any of this...SS.com is the ying to Bisonville's yang...that place is like nuclear winter whenever anything even remotely bad happens...typical message board extremism...one way or the other.

Theee Catrabbit
November 22nd, 2015, 11:46 PM
Grrrrrrrrr! you are scaring me!xbawlingx

I'll try to keep the image of the Fighting Ducks out of my head while I watch my team in the playoffs........

herd13
November 23rd, 2015, 02:11 AM

I hesitate to talk about the past but since UND has been D1 I believe ISUb has been in the playoffs 1000x more than UND (in a much tougher conference as of late) and also has won that many more playoff games. I'm not a mathematician so that's just an estimate....

For the record, I think UND should have been in this year but you're acting like you are Baylor/TCU that got snubbed from the final 4 last year. You were snubbed in a 24 team tournament. I'm sure it's disappointing to miss the playoffs. I know I would be too (genuinely serious here). I'm also sure it's exciting to look forward to the future. It always is. I don't think coming on here throwing haymakers is the most logical thing to do though. In the end you care way more about your team than the rest of us schmucks care about your team. My advice from one to another: relax.......

mgbison
November 23rd, 2015, 04:58 AM
NDSU and Montana were the only two teams that play defense that UND faced. UNDs offense is terrible. Any team with an average above average d-line will win because UND won't score more than 14 points. I believe UND had 61 yards of total offense against NDSU (probably the worst offensive showing I've seen in the fargodome). Until they have a semi-legit QB, they'll never beat legit teams.

Plus, its not like they are dominating the recruiting scene. They get the leftovers from ND, twin cities and Wisconsin that don't go to to NDSU, UNI or SDSU. They may win a recruiting battle every now and then, but its not very common.

With all that being said, UND did get screwed by the committee this year. Now, because of that screw job we got UNI in our bracket if we advance.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2015, 06:35 AM

Double yawn....xbawlingx

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2015, 06:59 AM

They do have a better coach than they have had in recent years. He has improved their team.

stevdock
November 23rd, 2015, 07:03 AM
With your softball-like schedule next year, you better end up 9-2 or better. If you are 8-3 with that schedule, you might deserve to be left out.

Mattymc727
November 23rd, 2015, 07:15 AM
If its about all sophomores and freshman coming back, wouldnt Georgia State have won a game or two in year 4?

IBleedYellow
November 23rd, 2015, 08:28 AM
The entire Big Sky, minus Montana, came down to UND's level of play.

That doesn't mean UND improved, more that the rest of the Sky played terrible the entire year. Also, you had probably the easiest conference schedule ever and still didn't make the playoffs. That doesn't set you up for success in the playoffs, if anything that cheats your team for that experience in tough games...and I have UND friends at work that are bragging that you have an even EASIER schedule next year. What's that crap...not worth bragging about.

What do I know, though. I'm obviously a UND/Big Sky hater since I went to NDSU and cheer for the Bison. xcoffeex

geaux_sioux
November 23rd, 2015, 10:11 AM
NDSU and Montana were the only two teams that play defense that UND faced. UNDs offense is terrible. Any team with an average above average d-line will win because UND won't score more than 14 points. I believe UND had 61 yards of total offense against NDSU (probably the worst offensive showing I've seen in the fargodome). Until they have a semi-legit QB, they'll never beat legit teams.

Plus, its not like they are dominating the recruiting scene. They get the leftovers from ND, twin cities and Wisconsin that don't go to to NDSU, UNI or SDSU. They may win a recruiting battle every now and then, but its not very common.

With all that being said, UND did get screwed by the committee this year. Now, because of that screw job we got UNI in our bracket if we advance.
Actually our qb happened to improve over the course of the season and was looking damn good over the last three games. Against Poly he was nearly perfect, 3 incompletions on a dropped ball and two intentional throw aways. I'm not worried about the position anymore. Also our recruiting seems to be ok as our true freshman running back was 4th in the nation in rushing and broke all sorts of freshman rushing records. He also broke the school record for all purpose yards set by Greg Hardin. Our starting RT and best OL is also a true freshman who happened to pick us over NDSU.

No_Skill
November 23rd, 2015, 10:16 AM
Actually our qb happened to improve over the course of the season and was looking damn good over the last three games. Against Poly he was nearly perfect, 3 incompletions on a dropped ball and two intentional throw aways. I'm not worried about the position anymore. Also our recruiting seems to be ok as our true freshman running back was 4th in the nation in rushing and broke all sorts of freshman rushing records. He also broke the school record for all purpose yards set by Greg Hardin. Our starting RT and best OL is also a true freshman who happened to pick us over NDSU so he could start right away.

Fixed your post, no?

BisonTru
November 23rd, 2015, 10:20 AM
Our starting RT and best OL is also a true freshman who happened to pick us over NDSU.

It was a partial vs. a full.

F'N Hawks
November 23rd, 2015, 10:22 AM

Right. 80% vs. 100%. Don't you think those shiny things should make up for $3000? And what they hell were they deeming Grady worth 80% for anyway, my gawd. Have you guys watched him at all?

IBleedYellow
November 23rd, 2015, 10:24 AM
Right. 80% vs. 100%. Don't you think those shiny things should make up for $3000? And what they hell were they deeming Grady worth 80% for anyway, my gawd. Have you guys watched him at all?

Yeah. He wouldn't start here and would get ground down to pulp in the MVFC. He'll shine in the Big Sky.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2015, 10:27 AM
Why is it such a big deal UND beat NDSU over a recruit? UND has things to offer, in particular some academic programs, that NDSU does not. UND also had a much easier depth chart to crack than NDSU, that's important to some kids as well. It's not always about going to the more prestigious program for some kids.

It is interesting that some of you UND fans can point out a particular player that you got that NDSU offered and the majority of Bison fans have no idea how many kids NDSU beat UND on because I bet I could throw a dart at the NDSU roster and it would probably land on a kid that UND offered.

F'N Hawks
November 23rd, 2015, 10:29 AM
Why is it such a big deal UND beat NDSU over a recruit? UND has things to offer, in particular some academic programs, that NDSU does not. UND also had a much easier depth chart to crack than NDSU, that's important to some kids as well. It's not always about going to the more prestigious program for some kids.

It is interesting that some of you UND fans can point out a particular player that you got that NDSU offered and the majority of Bison fans have no idea how many kids NDSU beat UND on but I bet I could throw a dart at the NDSU roster and it would probably land on a kid that UND offered.

Why do your fans care if somebody brings it up? Should be water off a ducks back to you guys.

IBleedYellow
November 23rd, 2015, 10:31 AM

It is interesting that some of you UND fans can point out a particular player that you got that NDSU offered and the majority of Bison fans have no idea how many kids NDSU beat UND on because I bet I could throw a dart at the NDSU roster and it would probably land on a kid that UND offered.

One pays attention to the other school much more than the other. I could honestly care less about a kid that goes to UND instead of NDSU. If they really don't want to come here, that's their choice. However, some of those kids just wouldn't fit in the Valley, and that's the cold truth. The two leagues are just different, and there isn't anything wrong with that.

mgbison
November 23rd, 2015, 10:32 AM
Grady is one recruit I'd say we lost. However, the majority of the time und isn't winning the recuiting battles with ndsu, sdsu or uni's of the world.

Santiago, he may end up being a stud, but who else offered him. I wouldn't say getting a guy with no other offers is winning a recruiting battle. At least bubba is half way there (finding diamonds in the rough), or is it easier to find them when 80% of your roster made up of leftovers.

Heck, our senior bowl olineman was a walk-on. The problem with und improving, we may lose some good pwo candidates to scholarships.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2015, 10:33 AM
Why do your fans care if somebody brings it up? Should be water off a ducks back to you guys.
I agree to a certain extent but you know as well as I do that it was brought up to troll so expect some trolling back.

And you'll notice that most NDSU football fans don't like to lose.... at anything.

IBleedYellow
November 23rd, 2015, 10:35 AM
I agree to a certain extent but you know as well as I do that it was brought up to troll so expect some trolling back.

And you'll notice that most NDSU football don't like to lose.... at anything.

WE'RE OBVIOUSLY THE BEST DRUNKS BECAUSE REASONS!!!

geaux_sioux
November 23rd, 2015, 10:39 AM
Fixed your post, no?
No. He was a UND guy. Dads an alum.

geaux_sioux
November 23rd, 2015, 10:41 AM
That would indicate that your recruiting is slipping. He was the #2 recruit from ND behind the RB that went to the B1G.

BisonBacker
November 23rd, 2015, 10:42 AM
He really helped you guys this year in the game against NDSU that's why you did so well in that game.....Oh wait nevermind :D

IBleedYellow
November 23rd, 2015, 10:44 AM
No. He was a UND guy. Dads an alum.

That would indicate that your recruiting is slipping. He was the #2 recruit from ND behind the RB that went to the B1G.

So the deck was stacked against us, no? I wouldn't call that slipping.

geaux_sioux
November 23rd, 2015, 10:49 AM
Grady is one recruit I'd say we lost. However, the majority of the time und isn't winning the recuiting battles with ndsu, sdsu or uni's of the world.

Santiago, he may end up being a stud, but who else offered him. I wouldn't say getting a guy with no other offers is winning a recruiting battle. At least bubba is half way there (finding diamonds in the rough), or is it easier to find them when 80% of your roster made up of leftovers.

Heck, our senior bowl olineman was a walk-on. The problem with und improving, we may lose some good pwo candidates to scholarships.
Heag was coming to UND before our OL coach left. So your welcome for the All American left overs.

F'N Hawks
November 23rd, 2015, 10:50 AM
Heag was coming to UND before our OL coach left. So your welcome for the All American left overs.

Not true. UND chose to offer Windfeldt over him (facepalm) and he took NDSU's PWO. Wise move.

geaux_sioux
November 23rd, 2015, 10:51 AM
He really helped you guys this year in the game against NDSU that's why you did so well in that game.....Oh wait nevermind :D
He had yet to have his RS pulled for the NDSU game. Nice try though. Once he got plugged in our OL started pushing teams around.

BisonTru
November 23rd, 2015, 10:52 AM

Where are you getting your information? I know there isn't a whole lot of people watching and evaluating ND high school football. We thought he was good enough to offer a partial, you guys offered him a full and got him. Maybe we missed and should have went all out. We stole a recruit from Pitt, and now he has left the program due to career ending injuries. Never know how these things will play out.

geaux_sioux
November 23rd, 2015, 10:52 AM
Not true. UND chose to offer Windfeldt over him (facepalm) and he took NDSU's PWO. Wise move.
Heag was quoted as saying he took the walk on at NDSU because our OL coach left.

Bisonator
November 23rd, 2015, 10:55 AM
Wow so UND is the only team returning a bunch of freshmen and sophomores next year? And no other teams will improve except them?? This is some weak **** geaux_cawks! xlolx

CappinHard
November 23rd, 2015, 11:15 AM
Why does it seem like UND fans are always annoyingly optimistic? I don't know many, but the few I do know were claiming they were going to take down the world after they beat Wyoming this year. Maybe it's due to their success in hockey?

geaux_sioux
November 23rd, 2015, 11:38 AM
Why does it seem like UND fans are always annoyingly optimistic? I don't know many, but the few I do know were claiming they were going to take down the world after they beat Wyoming this year. Maybe it's due to their success in hockey?

Or our success in football prior to the move up. Also seeing a very average D2 program in SDSU transform into a perennial playoff team in FCS makes us feel pretty capable of doing at least the same, especially because of our new coach.

Missingnumber7
November 23rd, 2015, 11:45 AM
If its about all sophomores and freshman coming back, wouldnt Georgia State have won a game or two in year 4?

ETSU is gonna be killer next year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2015, 11:53 AM

I met Elijah at NDSU's elite camp before his senior season. Great kid. UND had made him a full ride offer. I would take it also over a partial.

So you going to keep your chest thumping when a kid goes to UND over NDSU? NDSU is not going to get them all as is UND.

NDSU could say the same thing about all the young guys on the 2 deep roster. There are 27 (could be more now) FR or So on the 2 deep roster, what's your point?

UNDColorado
November 23rd, 2015, 11:58 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21874&stc=1

UNDColorado
November 23rd, 2015, 11:59 AM
Seriously though I believe UND will be a solid team next year. We finally have some decent depth.

No_Skill
November 23rd, 2015, 12:17 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21874&stc=1

What did you expect? This thread is going exactly to plan. Divert attention to a non-playoff team during the playoffs. Typical "look at me!" behavior.

I can't wait to watch the first round games. A field full of deserving teams and interesting matchups. SDSU @ Montana? Yes, please! Exciting times.

Thumper 76
November 23rd, 2015, 12:56 PM
Or our success in football prior to the move up. Also seeing a very average D2 program in SDSU transform into a perennial playoff team in FCS makes us feel pretty capable of doing at least the same, especially because of our new coach.

Good thing you will be able to study how that average DII program is doing it in the playoffs from your couches then. Should help give you more confidence.

F'N Hawks
November 23rd, 2015, 12:59 PM
Good thing you will be able to study how that average DII program is doing it in the playoffs from your couches then. Should help give you more confidence.

How would you describe SDSU as a D2 program?

They obviously are a very good FCS program now.

BisonFan02
November 23rd, 2015, 01:09 PM

A D2 program that has just 1 less championship than you guys do....who gives a flying ****? On the other hand....1 D2 program had the vision to make the DI jump....the other is UND.

kingranch
November 23rd, 2015, 01:10 PM

They obviously are a very good FCS program now.geaux fhawks described sdsu as an average dII PROGRAM, try to keep up.

herd13
November 23rd, 2015, 01:15 PM
Heag was quoted as saying he took the walk on at NDSU because our OL coach left.

You have a link to this? If you can find it I'll happily shut my mouth. If you can't provide one it's just a guy on a message board.......

geaux_sioux
November 23rd, 2015, 01:16 PM
geaux fhawks described sdsu as an average dII PROGRAM, try to keep up.
They were average. USD was way ahead of them even. We had to watch out for Augustana more than SDSU.

BisonFan02
November 23rd, 2015, 01:17 PM
You have a link to this? If you can find it I'll happily shut my mouth. If you can't provide one it's just a guy on a message board.......

Its out there somewhere. I remember hearing something during one of Haeg's NFL prospect interviews...I can try to find it later.

F'N Hawks
November 23rd, 2015, 01:18 PM
geaux fhawks described sdsu as an average dII PROGRAM, try to keep up.

Yes I know he did. Which is why I responded asking why there weren't.

Try to keep up.

F'N Hawks
November 23rd, 2015, 01:20 PM
A D2 program that has just 1 less championship than you guys do....who gives a flying ****? On the other hand....1 D2 program had the vision to make the DI jump....the other is UND.

Cool story.

BisonFan02
November 23rd, 2015, 01:21 PM
Cool story.

Yes....it is.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2015, 02:43 PM
Actually our qb happened to improve over the course of the season and was looking damn good over the last three games. Against Poly he was nearly perfect, 3 incompletions on a dropped ball and two intentional throw aways. I'm not worried about the position anymore. Also our recruiting seems to be ok as our true freshman running back was 4th in the nation in rushing and broke all sorts of freshman rushing records. He also broke the school record for all purpose yards set by Greg Hardin. Our starting RT and best OL is also a true freshman who happened to pick us over NDSU.

Cal Poly sucked this year.

nodak651
November 23rd, 2015, 03:00 PM
Cal Poly is overrated EVERY year. It's rather annoying.

They did have a great loss to ASU, though. xrolleyesx

Schism55
November 23rd, 2015, 03:10 PM
Absolutely

geaux_sioux
November 23rd, 2015, 03:15 PM
And we beat the piss out of them on the road. Held them to 250 yards below their average rushing output.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2015, 03:22 PM
And we beat the piss out of them on the road. Held them to 250 yards below their average rushing output.

Tallest midget. Congrats.

CappinHard
November 23rd, 2015, 03:41 PM

Wait, you're not the UND Assistant coach are you?

https://twitter.com/dfreund7/status/668867216339681281

In case it get's taken down, Danny Freund - "Okay, lots of Bowl Games this holiday season. May have better chance to land a bowl than @NCAA_FCS (https://twitter.com/NCAA_FCS) playoffs. #NeverGiveUp (https://twitter.com/hashtag/NeverGiveUp?src=hash)"

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2015, 03:44 PM
Judging from the thread title, UND missed a big nickname opportunity...............Smashing Pumpkins

CappinHard
November 23rd, 2015, 03:46 PM
Judging from the thread title, UND missed a big nickname opportunity...............Smashing Pumpkins

Or... The Siouxper Smashers!

Maybe... Siouxper Smash Bros?

RabidRabbit
November 23rd, 2015, 03:58 PM
Ya you're probably right unless we can get in the Big Sky fast

Or Southland.

putter
November 23rd, 2015, 06:09 PM
I know that I wished Santiago was a senior. That kid will do damage in his career.

Thumper 76
November 23rd, 2015, 06:13 PM

Never said we weren't average in DII.

leatherneck177
November 23rd, 2015, 07:59 PM
I hope you guys win by 30+. But Dayton winning would be the sweetest irony.

xeyebrowx

YoUDeeMan
November 23rd, 2015, 09:34 PM

This. xnodx

Man, I didn't expect this much crying from those supposedly tough NoDak folks, but I guess that's what you get from a boy named Sioux.

Bison56
November 23rd, 2015, 09:36 PM
This will be fun to revisit next season.

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2015, 09:47 PM
Anyone know the significance of the Sonny Liston Avatar? Not a guy I'd pick to represent.

FordhamFan
November 23rd, 2015, 10:54 PM
The Big Sky is so overrated.

herd13
November 24th, 2015, 09:08 AM

Wait for it...wait for it...

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2015, 10:08 AM

Well, we get a chance to find out since they don't all ay each other. xdeadhorsex

The Boogie Down
November 24th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Anyone know the significance of the Sonny Liston Avatar? Not a guy I'd pick to represent.

I kinda like it. No one knows when he was born, no one knows when he died. What is known is that Sonny definitely led multiple lives. Also kinda weird that at one time he was considered one of the all time greats. The Mike Tyson of his era. And yet today few even recognize his name, let alone his face. Then again, I'm gonna guess that more American sports fans are aware of ND State football than whomever the heavyweight champs are. Guess the whole sport is fading from the collective conscious, just like the Big Bad Bear faded away.

Professor Chaos
May 18th, 2016, 05:13 PM
About 6 months out from the infamous snubbing... have the UND players left the weight room yet???

POD Knows
May 18th, 2016, 05:19 PM
About 6 months out from the infamous snubbing... have the UND players left the weight room yet???

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22496&stc=1

No_Skill
May 18th, 2016, 06:13 PM
http://i.stack.imgur.com/ihN3m.png

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 18th, 2016, 08:35 PM

Pretty easy conference schedule for the chickenhawks....

Thumper 76
May 18th, 2016, 09:25 PM

Fhawkin hell you aren't kidding

Bisonoline
May 18th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Fhawkin hell you aren't kidding

Who you calling a Fhawkin????

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/plnwtf/cid_image003_jpg01D12797.jpg (http://s145.photobucket.com/user/plnwtf/media/cid_image003_jpg01D12797.jpg.html)

BisonTru
May 18th, 2016, 10:02 PM

What happens when they go 8-3 and gets snubbed?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/ycagKBYEmaili/200_s.gif

TheKingpin28
May 18th, 2016, 10:41 PM
What happens when they go 8-3 and gets snubbed?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/ycagKBYEmaili/200_s.gif

#committeegate #CaseysandMVFCinbedwithNCAA

achrist70
May 18th, 2016, 10:55 PM
Interesting that they play 12 straight games, then have a bye week

Bisonoline
May 18th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Interesting that they play 12 straight games, then have a bye week

That bye lasts until the beginning of the next football season.

dewey
May 18th, 2016, 11:02 PM
That bye lasts until the beginning of the next football season.

Lol! That right there is some funny stuff sir.

Dewey

Twentysix
May 19th, 2016, 02:35 AM

Oh my god you aren't kidding.

They could go undefeated and not be worthy of a bye. xcoffeex

UNDColorado
May 19th, 2016, 08:32 AM
I pop over here about once a week and this morning I see this thread at the top , first thought is oh God, how is this thread still going. Good stuff on the muscle memes!

F'N Hawks
May 19th, 2016, 08:52 AM
xpopcornx

Bisonator
May 19th, 2016, 09:32 AM
How is the roux coming? https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1083780100/JessicaStirringtheCauldron.jpg

F'N Hawks
May 19th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Not sure what you guys wanted UND to do about their schedule. The non-conference is Stony Brook out in NY, who is always a decent team. Bowling Green won the MAC last year. And South Dakota at home, who I am sure you guys aren't going to rip cause they are in the mighty MVFC and have the greatest coach ever (just ask him).

The conference schedule is what it is. It goes in cycles and this is the year where they miss Montana and E Wash. Next year they got E Wash, Montana, Montana State, and Portland State. Such is life.

IBleedYellow
May 19th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Not sure what you guys wanted UND to do about their schedule. The non-conference is Stony Brook out in NY, who is always a decent team. Bowling Green won the MAC last year. And South Dakota at home, who I am sure you guys aren't going to rip cause they are in the mighty MVFC and have the greatest coach ever (just ask him).

The conference schedule is what it is. It goes in cycles and this is the year where they miss Montana and E Wash. Next year they got E Wash, Montana, Montana State, and Portland State. Such is life.

My assumption how your season will go - Fight your way through the season against talent that isn't up to snuff (opponents). Never get tested - get into the playoffs - possibly get a seed - lose first game.

POD Knows
May 19th, 2016, 10:38 AM
My assumption how your season will go - Fight your way through the season against talent that isn't up to snuff (opponents). Never get tested - get into the playoffs - possibly get a seed - lose first game.

Or they get a seed, play the winner of Dayton and Colgate, UND wins in overtime, goes to Fargo, gets beat by 50.

TheKingpin28
May 19th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Or they get a seed, play the winner of Dayton and Colgate, UND wins in overtime, goes to Fargo, gets beat by 50.

Oh how this would make me to happy to have them play us and just get manhandled

344Johnson
May 19th, 2016, 10:50 AM

In my perfect world, they have a great year...lose maybe one game tops. NDSU loses 2-3 games...lower seed. Regionalization dictates they play each other ASAP. Then I can actually enjoy a cocktail while watching UND get thumped in their own building as per usual.

POD Knows
May 19th, 2016, 10:55 AM
In my perfect world, they have a great year...lose maybe one game tops. NDSU loses 2-3 games...lower seed. Regionalization dictates they play each other ASAP. Then I can actually enjoy a cocktail while watching UND get thumped in their own building as per usual.

Shut your whore mouth. xshakefistx

344Johnson
May 19th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Shut your whore mouth. xshakefistx

If you'd like I'd be more than happy to grab you a beverage when I go grab another.

POD Knows
May 19th, 2016, 11:06 AM
If you'd like I'd be more than happy to grab you a beverage when I go grab another.

OK, but if the Bison have to play an opening playoff game in that freaking tin shed, I am going to go all Clenz like and drop out of social media and off the grid completely.

Thumper 76
May 19th, 2016, 11:09 AM

I don't think anyone was blaming UND. More of observations by people and then Bison fans doing what they do (I jumped in once too, seemed fun). When a thread is out there like this though, I wouldn't expect much complimentary commentary in it. Besides, nobody is saying they are going to do poorly against it. I wouldn't be upset by people projecting making the playoffs if I were you. I don't care if it's from a tough or weak schedule, making the playoffs is making the playoffs, no matter how you do it.

IBleedYellow
May 19th, 2016, 11:12 AM
I don't think anyone was blaming UND. More of observations by people and then Bison fans doing what they do (I jumped in once too, seemed fun). When a thread is out there like this though, I wouldn't expect much complimentary commentary in it. Besides, nobody is saying they are going to do poorly against it. I wouldn't be upset by people projecting making the playoffs if I were you. I don't care if it's from a tough or weak schedule, making the playoffs is making the playoffs, no matter how you do it.

Hey now. There's a reason that UND's top fan doesn't post here anymore.

You can thank us for that. :D

clenz
May 19th, 2016, 11:22 AM

USD is a bad, quite bad, MVFC team.

HOWEVER, they've proven they can play with/beat anyone in the Big Sky. The beat NAU, played Montana to a TD twice, and just last year beat Drake 52-0 just one week after UND squaked out a 3 point win over Drake...at home....

344Johnson
May 19th, 2016, 11:23 AM
OK, but if the Bison have to play an opening playoff game in that freaking tin shed, I am going to go all Clenz like and drop out of social media and off the grid completely.

That's fine. You can come sit with me anyway.

BisonTru
May 19th, 2016, 11:24 AM

Hmm, in your perfect world we lose a couple games so you can have a drink and not have to drive to Fargo? You're quite the fan.

BTW - I'm not sure if they would be allowed to sell adult beverages anyway as it is an officially NCAA sanctioned event.

UNIFanSince1983
May 19th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Does UND normally have their spring game in the indoor practice facility instead of the Alerus?

I was on their site and saw a video called Spring Game highlights, but they had shortened the field and were at their practice facility. The also looked to be just doing tackling drills at one point. I wouldn't necessarily call that a "game" more like just a last spring practice...

POD Knows
May 19th, 2016, 11:27 AM
That's fine. You can come sit with me anyway.

Oh, I will still go to the game, it will be fun seeing all of the UND fans leave in the 2nd quarter so they can get ready to watch the hockey team beat up on Bemidji or some 17 and 18 year old kids from Canada.

IBleedYellow
May 19th, 2016, 11:33 AM

HOWEVER, they've proven they can play with/beat anyone in the Big Sky. The beat NAU, played Montana to a TD twice, and just last year beat Drake 52-0 just one week after UND squaked out a 3 point win over Drake...at home....

I'm surprised you didn't mention USD beating NDSU. That team that beat NDSU last year is going to have some swagger going into their non-con schedule.

I hope they thrash UND.

The last thing I need to hear is "USD beat NDSU last year, and we (UND) beat USD! Bring on NDSU!!"

Ugh.

clenz
May 19th, 2016, 11:38 AM
I'm surprised you didn't mention USD beating NDSU. That team that beat NDSU last year is going to have some swagger going into their non-con schedule.

I hope they thrash UND.

The last thing I need to hear is "USD beat NDSU last year, and we (UND) beat USD! Bring on NDSU!!"

Ugh.
Meh.

USD beat UNI in 2013

Outside of those two wins I think they have 4 more total MVFC wins since joining the league in 2012...

But yeah, USD did beat NDSU, in Fargo last year. UND had negative yards offense at half.

UNIFanSince1983
May 19th, 2016, 11:39 AM

I hope they thrash UND.

Ugh.

I know the answer to this question but...

Are they really that dense to forget about the 34-9 thrashing last year?

344Johnson
May 19th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Hmm, in your perfect world we lose a couple games so you can have a drink and not have to drive to Fargo? You're quite the fan.

BTW - I'm not sure if they would be allowed to sell adult beverages anyway as it is an officially NCAA sanctioned event.

I think it is up to the venue. Not entirely sure though. That'd be a bummer. I'd stay home unless the ticket was free.

I know the answer to this question but...

Are they really that dense to forget about the 34-9 thrashing last year?

All their fans were probably watching a fan-made documentary about how hockey was invented. Didn't realize they had a game to watch.

F'N Hawks
May 19th, 2016, 12:49 PM

Squeaked it out. OK. 21-0 at half and UND shut it down. Lesson learned coming off their first FBD win ever.

Ask anyone you know at Drake who they had on the field that next week vs. USD. QB wasn't there and that was a big one.

But, USD played Montana to a TD. LOL

F'N Hawks
May 19th, 2016, 12:50 PM

I hope they thrash UND.

Ugh.

Bison fans really interested in UND. I like it.

UND is not losing to Loser Bob and the boys.

clenz
May 19th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Squeaked it out. OK. 21-0 at half and UND shut it down. Lesson learned coming off their first FBD win ever.

Ask anyone you know at Drake who they had on the field that next week vs. USD. QB wasn't there and that was a big one.

But, USD played Montana to a TD. LOL
Drake has a chance, with less than a minute left, to win that game.

Drake has zero scholarships....****ing zero. Drake lost to a damn NAIA school by three ****ing touchdowns in 2014 and then beat a winless D2 team by less than a TD a week later.

"Shut it down"xcoffeex

344Johnson
May 19th, 2016, 01:08 PM

Friendly wager? I don't think either team is very good....but I think USD is better.

F'N Hawks
May 19th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Drake has a chance, with less than a minute left, to win that game.

Really? Shouldn't they have the ball if they are going to win the game?

F'N Hawks
May 19th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Friendly wager? I don't think either team is very good....but I think USD is better.

Love to make a wager on that game. There is one style of team, if talent is close, that gives UND fits and they don't play it.

clenz
May 19th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Really? Shouldn't they have the ball if they are going to win the game?
So you're saying Drake had zero chance to win that game?

BisonBacker
May 19th, 2016, 01:37 PM

Clenz remember who you are talking to.........

clenz
May 19th, 2016, 01:39 PM
I'm trying to see how far he wants to spin this...shhhhhhh

F'N Hawks
May 19th, 2016, 01:39 PM

No, you said they could win the game within the last minute. How were they going to accomplish it without the ball? You realize they scored with less than a minute left to come within 3, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Who is he talking to?

UNIFanSince1983
May 19th, 2016, 01:45 PM
No, you said they could win the game within the last minute. How were they going to accomplish it without the ball? You realize they scored with less than a minute left to come within 3, right?

I'll mark that down that no team has ever scored without being on offense. That will be helpful in the upcoming season. I'll alert the UNI staff I am sure they are unaware of this.

F'N Hawks
May 19th, 2016, 01:48 PM
I'll mark that down that no team has ever scored without being on offense. That will be helpful in the upcoming season. I'll alert the UNI staff I am sure they are unaware of this.

When the other team takes a knee three times? Let us know when it happens. Video will go viral.

If you aren't paying attention to specifics just stay out.

clenz
May 19th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Let's look at some stats from that game

First downs:
Drake-15
UND-12

Rushing
Drake: 24 att 38 yards (1.6 ypc) 1 TD....sounds awful....until you see:
UND: 36 att 25 yards (0.7 ypc) 0 TD

Passing:
Drake: 22-41 235 yards
UND: 19-30 260 yards
That's really not that different

Total offense:
Drake 65 plays 273 yards (4.2 ypp)
UND: 66 plays 285 yards (4.3 ypp)

Misc stats:
3rd downs:
Drake: 3-17
UND: 4-18

Redzone chances/scores
Drake: 3-3
UND 1-2

Um...that game is 100% even.

As far as putting the back ups in and coasting?
Keaton Studsrud played the entire game at QB and was throwing passes with 5 min left in the game.
John Santiago carried the ball twice as many times as any other RB and averaged just 1.7 ypc and was getting carries in the fourth quarter
UND has as many WR record a catch as Drake - 7

That sure as hell doesn't sound like taking the foot off.

What UNI did to EIU in the playoffs last year is taking the foot off. What NDSU did to UND last year is taking the foot off. What UND did was hold on to their asses by the skin of their teeth against a non-scholarship team that would be the 4th or 5th best D3 team in the state of Iowa

clenz
May 19th, 2016, 01:49 PM
I guess onside kicks aren't a real thing anymore...

- - - Updated - - -

Our best offense is our defense...literally and figuratively.

F'N Hawks
May 19th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Let's look at some stats from that game

First downs:
Drake-15
UND-12

Rushing
Drake: 24 att 38 yards (1.6 ypc) 1 TD....sounds awful....until you see:
UND: 36 att 25 yards (0.7 ypc) 0 TD

Passing:
Drake: 22-41 235 yards
UND: 19-30 260 yards
That's really not that different

Total offense:
Drake 65 plays 273 yards (4.2 ypp)
UND: 66 plays 285 yards (4.3 ypp)

Misc stats:
3rd downs:
Drake: 3-17
UND: 4-18

Redzone chances/scores
Drake: 3-3
UND 1-2

Um...that game is 100% even.

As far as putting the back ups in and coasting?
Keaton Studsrud played the entire game at QB and was throwing passes with 5 min left in the game.
John Santiago carried the ball twice as many times as any other RB and averaged just 1.7 ypc and was getting carries in the fourth quarter
UND has as many WR record a catch as Drake - 7

That sure as hell doesn't sound like taking the foot off.

What UNI did to EIU in the playoffs last year is taking the foot off. What NDSU did to UND last year is taking the foot off. What UND did was hold on to their asses by the skin of their teeth against a non-scholarship team that would be the 4th or 5th best D3 team in the state of Iowa

Clenz, you are changing the subject again. You went to all that work when we already covered the part that UND just flat out sucked in the second half thinking it was over.

You said Drake could have won the game in the last minute. They didn't have the ball, Clenz. No they couldn't have. You didn't watch the game and you only went by the final score. It was a 3 point game, yep, congratulations.

clenz
May 19th, 2016, 01:53 PM
What really happened that game was UND caught lightning in a bottle and scored quick three times and outside of those drives for scores had 103 yards on the entire game.

- - - Updated - - -

Clenz, you are changing the subject again. You went to all that work when we already covered the part that UND just flat out sucked in the second half thinking it was over.

You said Drake could have won the game in the last minute. They didn't have the ball, Clenz. No they couldn't have. You didn't watch the game and you only went by the final score. It was a 3 point game, yep, congratulations.
So there is zero chance, after that TD, that they could have gotten the ball back and won?

None?

You don't understand how football works, do you?

F'N Hawks
May 19th, 2016, 01:55 PM
So there is zero chance, after that TD, that they could have gotten the ball back and won?

None?

You don't understand how football works, do you?

UND knelt on it three times and Drake had one TO. 0.1% chance. So, yep, Clenz won the argument everyone. xthumbsupx

344Johnson
May 19th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Defending a 3 point win against Drake is going to be pretty tough. Probably would be better off just eating this one.

I'm not aware if the clock had less or more than 1 minute left when Drake scored. Onside kicks have a success rate of, according to google, 20% when the team is expecting you to onside kick. It'd be tough to say after Drake scored, they had .1% chance of winning the game. Still was low...but against Drake, it should never get to that point.

F'N Hawks
May 19th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Defending a 3 point win against Drake is going to be pretty tough. Probably would be better off just eating this one.

Not defending the win itself, never have. Just trying to set straight all the box score experts who don't actually watch the game. UND was horrible in the 2nd half at home. No other way to put it. I have said that all along.

BisonFan02
May 19th, 2016, 01:58 PM
UND knelt on it three times and Drake had one TO. 0.1% chance. So, yep, Clenz won the argument everyone. xthumbsupx

Its almost like when NDSU football was going to be "as arbitrary as paying 25 cents for a cup of ranch" after shutting out "Pioneer Powerhouse" Valpo in their DI era opener awhile back.......except now you guys get taken to the wire by non-scholly schools. xlolx

TheKingpin28
May 19th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Wow Clenz is just going to work and Sioux is to blunt to admit the fact that they should have/could have lost to Drake. UND WILL lose 4 or more games this season. Even with that cupcake schedule, they will start the season 1-3. I would be surprised if they went on to win their next 7.

AmsterBison
May 19th, 2016, 02:18 PM

If only there was some way that Drake could have gotten the ball back immediately after their last score...

But, hey, as a Bison fan it's hard to mock a team for using playoff disappointment as motivation... good luck with that!

Bisonator
May 19th, 2016, 02:33 PM

What do you have against Nielson? Does it have anything to do with Bubba's inability to win a D2 title at UMD?? Tough to admit Bob may be a better coach then Bubba???xconfusedx

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 19th, 2016, 04:44 PM

Exactly. The conference schedule is what it is. And with an easier schedule, this should be the year for UND to take care of business and make the playoffs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 19th, 2016, 07:15 PM
What do you have against Nielson? Does it have anything to do with Bubba's inability to win a D2 title at UMD?? Tough to admit Bob may be a better coach then Bubba???xconfusedx

Nielson is a good coach, better than Bubba IMO. It might take him a few years but he'll get USD better.....maybe.....

UNDColorado
May 20th, 2016, 08:39 AM
Does UND normally have their spring game in the indoor practice facility instead of the Alerus?

I was on their site and saw a video called Spring Game highlights, but they had shortened the field and were at their practice facility. The also looked to be just doing tackling drills at one point. I wouldn't necessarily call that a "game" more like just a last spring practice...

An actual question, this is refreshing. UND played the spring game indoors because the weather was bad that day. They did go through a scrimmage but they also mixed in that tackling drill that you are referencing. I thought that was a pretty cool twist, fun to watch at least. They did shorten the field because the corners of the end zones are cut off by the track. I imagine they did that for safety reasons.

Yote 53
May 20th, 2016, 10:32 AM

Thanks Clenz, I think??? Clenz is an out-of-the-closet USD Hater. For him to say something even remotely complimentary of the Coyotes is startling.

Anyways, that "quite bad" team from South Dakota also mustered up the strength to somehow beat the Bison in their building, which as we all remember was a case of the hammer meeting the nail when UND limped into the FFG and took their beating like good little boys.

I'll call it now and say USD wins up at the Alerus. There is order in the FCS universe that must be maintained after all, MVFC >>>> Big Fluff.

clenz
May 20th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Thanks Clenz, I think??? Clenz is an out-of-the-closet USD Hater. For him to say something even remotely complimentary of the Coyotes is startling.

Anyways, that "quite bad" team from South Dakota also mustered up the strength to somehow beat the Bison in their building, which as we all remember was a case of the hammer meeting the nail when UND limped into the FFG and took their beating like good little boys.

I'll call it now and say USD wins up at the Alerus. There is order in the FCS universe that must be maintained after all, MVFC >>>> Big Fluff.
Meh.

USD is a bad MVFC program. They don't have the horses or resources, through now, to compete on more than a "amped up we're going to show the big boys we can play one week a year too" type deal.

USD would fair quite well in another conference.

POD Knows
May 20th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Meh.

USD is a bad MVFC program. They don't have the horses or resources, through now, to compete on more than a "amped up we're going to show the big boys we can play one week a year too" type deal.

Maybe USD could move to the Patriot League, then they could get 4 teams in the FCS playoffs.

Twentysix
May 20th, 2016, 10:49 AM

Uhh? Stony Brook has sucked ass since getting into the CAA. The best they've done is something like 5 wins.

USD has also sucked ass.

clenz
May 20th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Uhh? Stony Brook had sucked ass since getting into the CAA. The best they've done is something like 5 wins.
Stony Brook has never been good. They had one 10 win season and outside of that...well..

Year

Coach
Win
Loss
Tie
Pct.
PF
PA
Delta

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Sam Kornhauser

Chuck Priore

Chuck Priore

Chuck Priore

Chuck Priore

Chuck Priore

Chuck Priore

Chuck Priore

Chuck Priore

Chuck Priore

Chuck Priore

POD Knows
May 20th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Uhh? Stony Brook had sucked ass since getting into the CAA.

Yea, but Stony Brook almost beat UND at UND which is a testament to their awesomeness.

Yote 53
May 20th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Meh.

It's been a slow project but the "horses and resources" are finally coming and will be paying off in the next few years.

We've had talent the last few years, just utter incompetence at the OC position. This new coaching staff is doing things different and it is fun to watch this unfold. It's more "straight business homie" now than it was before. These guys are also pounding the pavement and recruiting on another level too. Just a stark contrast in how things are being done, in a good way. Coach Nielson is going to get things done here and you'll see that unfold as soon as this coming season.

Twentysix
May 20th, 2016, 11:02 AM
It's been a slow project but the "horses and resources" are finally coming and will be paying off in the next few years.

We've had talent the last few years, just utter incompetence at the OC position. This new coaching staff is doing things different and it is fun to watch this unfold. It's more "straight business homie" now than it was before. These guys are also pounding the pavement and recruiting on another level too. Just a stark contrast in how things are being done, in a good way. Coach Nielson is going to get things done here and you'll see that unfold as soon as this coming season.

Well, a good USD is probably good for the MVFC in the long run. So, I hope you guys have some success.

F'N Hawks
May 20th, 2016, 11:13 AM
5, 6, 9 & 10 win seasons under Priore pretty much equals "decent" or "average". Didn't say good.

clenz
May 20th, 2016, 11:19 AM
5, 6, 9 & 10 win seasons under Priore pretty much equals "decent" or "average". Didn't say good.
That was all done in the Big South, before CCU was what they are...

2011 they didn't win a non Patriot/Big South game that year but had 9 wins..8 D1
2012 they had a D2 win and then beat a Patriot team OOC then all Big South wins...Oh, they did beat Army, who was 2-10

Also, 5 and 6 win seasons aren't "average". That's bad.

IBleedYellow
May 20th, 2016, 11:29 AM

Decent or Average is going to be a team that's above .600 for their life of the program.

UND is. SB barely is about .500

F'N Hawks
May 20th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Decent or Average is going to be a team that's above .600 for their life of the program.

UND is. SB barely is about .500

Oh, decent is considered .600 and above. Didn't know that. Thanks.

344Johnson
May 20th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Average seems like you'd win about half your games but I guess you need to win 6/10 for that distinction.

BisonTru
May 20th, 2016, 12:44 PM
http://17rg073sukbm1lmjk9jrehb643.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/the_more_you_know_by_stathisnhx-d33639v-300x218.png

F'N Hawks
May 20th, 2016, 12:44 PM
That was all done in the Big South, before CCU was what they are...

2011 they didn't win a non Patriot/Big South game that year but had 9 wins..8 D1
2012 they had a D2 win and then beat a Patriot team OOC then all Big South wins...Oh, they did beat Army, who was 2-10

Also, 5 and 6 win seasons aren't "average". That's bad.

The expert has spoken. Now we know.

Bison56
May 20th, 2016, 01:03 PM

And knowing is half the battle.

clenz
May 20th, 2016, 01:10 PM
No, just the on willing to do research to bring facts and rational to the discusion

F'N Hawks
May 20th, 2016, 01:18 PM
No, just the on willing to do research to bring facts and rational to the discusion

Rationale. xlolx

huuszoo
June 22nd, 2016, 10:18 PM

Yup, going to be tough.

jacksfan29
June 23rd, 2016, 11:59 AM

I thought your IPF was your new big recruiting tool? 7 on 7, maybe UND should have built a real IPF instead of a kiddy room.

http://www.crawfordarch.com/2014/10/10/grand-opening-for-sdsu-sanford-jackrabbit-athlete-complex-october-11th/

dmksioux
June 23rd, 2016, 12:12 PM
I thought your IPF was your new big recruiting tool? 7 on 7, maybe UND should have built a real IPF instead of a kiddy room.

http://www.crawfordarch.com/2014/10/10/grand-opening-for-sdsu-sanford-jackrabbit-athlete-complex-october-11th/

Ummm, you're joking right? There is a reason why coaches run 7 on 7 drills and it has nothing to do with the size of the facility. Read this for a little more insight:
http://usatodayhss.com/2012/seven-good-reasons-to-play-7-on-7-football-during-the-offseason

Also, If I'm not mistaken, UND's IPF is larger than SDSU's...http://und.edu/features/2013/09/high-performance-center.cfm

F'N Hawks
June 23rd, 2016, 12:38 PM

Might want to go review the plans, ace.

Hambone
June 23rd, 2016, 12:38 PM
Ummm, you're joking right? There is a reason why coaches run 7 on 7 drills and it has nothing to do with the size of the facility. Read this for a little more insight:
http://usatodayhss.com/2012/seven-good-reasons-to-play-7-on-7-football-during-the-offseason

Also, If I'm not mistaken, UND's IPF is larger than SDSU's...http://und.edu/features/2013/09/high-performance-center.cfm

Are you trying to tell me that 196k sq feet is bigger than 149k sq feet? And a 100 yard field is longer than an 80 yard field?

Huh......I think that is a trolling fail for the jack :)

KPSUL
June 23rd, 2016, 01:06 PM
Are you trying to tell me that 196k sq feet is bigger than 149k sq feet? And a 100 yard field is longer than an 80 yard field?

Huh......I think that is a trolling fail for the jack :)

It's not the size of the field in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the team on the field.... or something like that. Anyway, I know there is a point to this thread, I'm sure of it!

ursus arctos horribilis
June 23rd, 2016, 01:21 PM
It's not the size of the field in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the team on the field.... or something like that. Anyway, I know there is a point to this thread, I'm sure of it!

I hope you wont' be disappointed when you find out otherwise. xlolx

Maybe comedy.

344Johnson
June 23rd, 2016, 03:13 PM
I forgot about this thread. This will be fun.

clenz
June 23rd, 2016, 03:17 PM
UND cheerleaders have taken the lead of their football playing counterparts

http://www.lamuscle.com/images/dynamic/femalebodybuilding18.jpg

BEAR
June 23rd, 2016, 03:22 PM

DANG..when did EIU1999's wife become a cheerleader for UND? xlolx

IBleedYellow
June 23rd, 2016, 03:37 PM
That Rabbit math, though.

Laker
June 23rd, 2016, 03:57 PM
Is that a transgender cheerleader?

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 24th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Uggh...roids and chicks do not mix.....xnonono2x

Bisonoline
June 25th, 2016, 01:04 AM

I wouldnt touch that with your appendage.

dewey
June 25th, 2016, 05:20 AM
Is that a transgender cheerleader?

Does she/he/whatever require their own bathroom?

Dewey

June 25th, 2016, 12:04 PM
I'm not going to come in all brash and go that far...but UND brings back a ton of young talent from a team that improved vastly over the course of the year. Losing Ratelle will be tough to replace, but the two best positions for UND depth-wise were LB and OL, so I feel good that we will be able to replace them. Continued good recruiting by the coaching staff should help to build depth, which hurt UND in some bad losses this year.

This experience should provide a valuable lesson for the team to not leave things up to a committee. With a schedule that's very favorable (in terms of W/L ability, not computer rankings), I think it's entirely possible that UND wins the Big Sky next year...the team just needs to continue to live by the day by day mantra that's been installed by Bubba and play with a HUGE chip on their shoulders next year. I know I'm damned excited for next season already...286 days until Stony Brook (I hear Long Island is nice in early September)!

could be but with the unpredictable nature of football you can never say. An injury here a bad call there your season can become a loosing one fast. The best team of the year does not always win on any given Saturday.

Bison56
September 1st, 2016, 09:43 PM

Maybe next season xlolx

Twentysix
September 1st, 2016, 09:44 PM
Maybe next season xlolx

xcoffeex UND sucks and water is wet. Who knew.

centennial
September 1st, 2016, 09:45 PM
Maybe next season xlolx

Outside of a lucky missed kick NDSU could've lost to CSU. 1 game does not define a season.

Twentysix
September 1st, 2016, 09:45 PM
Outside of a lucky missed kick NDSU could've lost to CSU. 1 game does not define a season.

I'm gonna have to revoke your bison card for this one.

centennial
September 1st, 2016, 09:46 PM
I'm gonna have to revoke your bison card for this one.

Oh please.

PantherRob82
September 1st, 2016, 09:51 PM
UND needs a new strength coach. Those guys never left the gym once the playoff field was announced until the game today and they still lost.

Thumper 76
September 1st, 2016, 09:53 PM

You regret this thread yet? xlolx

Bisonator
September 1st, 2016, 09:53 PM
They are getting an early start on those quality losses this year. #leavenodoubt

Redbird007
September 1st, 2016, 11:02 PM
OH UND! Just go home from a work dinner and checked scores. When it rains it pours!....Monsoons don't last forwever

TheKingpin28
September 1st, 2016, 11:13 PM
xbowx

I am starting to think UND fans and Chattown are one in the same. Posts are always entertaining and laughable, but in the end, they ALWAYS fail to live up to the hype.

gsf23nd
September 1st, 2016, 11:17 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1938911/haha.gif

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2016, 04:35 AM
wouldn't write UND off yet, remember they had to travel to a tough place to win against a pretty tough Def team in Stony, also Caa team, it's not like they were ever going to win this game despite the mid-west hype going on around here

BisonBacker
September 2nd, 2016, 08:18 AM
wouldn't write UND off yet, remember they had to travel to a tough place to win against a pretty tough Def team in Stony, also Caa team, it's not like they were ever going to win this game despite the mid-west hype going on around here

Care to explain?

PantherRob82
September 2nd, 2016, 08:21 AM
There's no mid-west hype. We constantly talk trash on any mid-west team not in the MVFC. :D

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2016, 08:35 AM

Mid West?? These freaking guys are south Canada, they are north of HWY 200 in ND which is the unofficial US/Canadian border

kalm
September 2nd, 2016, 08:46 AM

I wouldn't either. Everyone will have at least one bad game this season and we don't know how good SB is yet either. Their defense is amazingly good and it's not as if UND's defense played bad. But going off last year, the CAA was not very good, and SB has yet to finish with a winning record in conference.

Gil Dobie
September 2nd, 2016, 08:48 AM
Mid West?? These freaking guys are south Canada, they are north of HWY 200 in ND which is the unofficial US/Canadian border

Hey now, lets not lump our Canadian friends to the North with UND. We just had a wonderful lady from Winnipeg enjoy 4 years on the Bison track team.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2016, 08:56 AM
Hey now, lets not lump our Canadian friends to the North with UND. We just had a wonderful lady from Winnipeg enjoy 4 years on the Bison track team.

That is true, I like Canadians better than UND. I shouldn't have sullied Canada with the UND reference.

Mattymc727
September 2nd, 2016, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't either. Everyone will have at least one bad game this season and we don't know how good SB is yet either. Their defense is amazingly good and it's not as if UND's defense played bad. But going off last year, the CAA was not very good, and SB has yet to finish with a winning record in conference.

Im not sure SBU's defense is amazingly good. They have a much better defense then an offense but it doesnt help them finish better than .500 every year. They are no CAA bottom dweller but they arent in the championship hunt for the CAA. This reflects poorly on UND more than it does SBU being really good. Especially after claiming this year is will a breakout season after "lifting all winter" and "being angry"

BisonBacker
September 2nd, 2016, 09:21 AM
UND athletics just released some new apparel....

https://images.lookhuman.com/render/standard/8825930631004746/6010-heathered_gray_nl-z1-t-u-mad-bro.png

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2016, 09:22 AM

https://images.lookhuman.com/render/standard/8825930631004746/6010-heathered_gray_nl-z1-t-u-mad-bro.png

Why would they put Richard Sherman on a T-shirt and do the Seahawks know about it?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 2nd, 2016, 09:25 AM

LMAO

Nice work BB!!!

Twentysix
September 2nd, 2016, 09:46 AM

WutFace

UNIFanSince1983
September 2nd, 2016, 10:06 AM
Why would they put Richard Sherman on a T-shirt and do the Seahawks know about it?

Didn't stop you guys from putting Notre Dame's logo on your helmet for a few years.

IBleedYellow
September 2nd, 2016, 10:13 AM
Didn't stop you guys from putting Notre Dame's logo on your helmet for a few years.

Hey Hey Hey.

UND did have it first. Notre Dame just was smart enough to copyright it first.

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2016, 10:16 AM

At least try to know what you're talking about when you reply. Life is too short to be such a salty ass.

https://s18.postimg.org/atfqsem7t/ed8345b773d52f0d77ba9e1d260c986e.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Hey Hey.

UND did have it first. Notre Dame just was smart enough to copyright it first.

Why didn't they tell UND to stop using it?

Professor Chaos
September 2nd, 2016, 10:40 AM
Probably because they didn't want to deal with 12 years of protests and litigation.

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2016, 10:46 AM
Probably because they didn't want to deal with 12 years of protests and litigation.

https://s14.postimg.org/sk4bsgke9/download.jpg

Thumper 76
September 2nd, 2016, 10:48 AM
https://s14.postimg.org/sk4bsgke9/download.jpg

Stealing my thing and now you're abusing it. You're in time out.

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2016, 10:49 AM
Stealing my thing and now you're abusing it. You're in time out.

xlolx:Dxbowx

Bison56
September 2nd, 2016, 10:49 AM
At least try to know what you're talking about when you reply. Life is too short to be such a salty ass.

https://s18.postimg.org/atfqsem7t/ed8345b773d52f0d77ba9e1d260c986e.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQsBSPx8_euBCcEAPBp8U7pAfoRL9zQ LTiBzCx7a05cW_NQIEw3A (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiu-qGphPHOAhXCWCYKHWOmD28QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhahnemannkiaawaz.com%2F%3Fp%3D741&psig=AFQjCNGDzILia9suhSbzFUwoyuBWv4EZRA&ust=1472917668570670)

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2016, 10:50 AM
"I think last night was an attempt to win without showing much and it almost worked. I'm quite sure they plan to put Santiago in the slot at times throughout the season. Why didn't they do it last night? I believe it's an attempt to not show everything they got.

It was a strategic moral loss last night based on this post from a UND'er.