PDA

View Full Version : Why Appalachian Wins Games

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Yes, it has been documented numerous times, Armanti is great, K Rich is great........but I am hear to say, without the OFFENSIVE LINE.....neither one of them would have the numbers they have, Appalachian wouldn't have 13 wins, and Appalachian wouldn't be playing this Friday evening. So if you want the real "secret" to beating Appalachian....it's to stop the O-Line.....and to do that, completely stop them, as i know UMass has an incredible defense....well you might need more luck than i can wish you, Umass.

I had to give the big boys a little more credit than they recieve for Appalachian's success.

Black and Gold Express
December 11th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Yes, it has been documented numerous times, Armanti is great, K Rich is great........but I am hear to say, without the OFFENSIVE LINE.....neither one of them would have the numbers they have, Appalachian wouldn't have 13 wins, and Appalachian wouldn't be playing this Friday evening. So if you want the real "secret" to beating Appalachian....it's to stop the O-Line.....and to do that, completely stop them, as i know UMass has an incredible defense....well you might need more luck than i can wish you, Umass.

I had to give the big boys a little more credit than they recieve for Appalachian's success.

There's no doubt about that. If you only get to see the game from the side, it doesn't look much different. But watch the game from an end zone, and you see holes the size of tunnel entrances. It is amazing how they are able to get opposing defenders so out of position time and again. The fact that KR and AE don't need holes that big only makes it more deadly for ASU.

UMass will need to dominate both lines of scrimmage to win this game. And they would be the first I-AA team to do that against us. I just can't see that happening, especially our O-line versus their D-line. I think ASU has the edge in both lines actually but ou have to give UMass credit with the way Baylark has run this year.

It will be a big point to see how well that battle plays out.

sdgriz24
December 11th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Don't they win games by scoring more than the other team?

psc2445
December 11th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Don't they win games by scoring more than the other team?

thanks for that tired zinger:bang:

Peems
December 11th, 2006, 10:11 PM
how many of the o-line men will be back next year.

ncguitarplyr
December 11th, 2006, 10:26 PM
the offensive line should be the MVP of the year...but i don't think it works that way

Mountaineer#96
December 11th, 2006, 10:26 PM
all except one my friend....... one of the guards will grad.

bobbythekidd
December 11th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Outside looking in....
#70 is great. Look for him to get picked in the draft. Right guard or tackle. That kid makes this good team play like a great team.

Mountaineer#96
December 11th, 2006, 10:27 PM
how many of the o-line men will be back next year.
see above ^^^

appfan2008
December 11th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Kerry Brown 6'6" 330 right guard

Yes he is the man and will get drafted

Mountaineer#96
December 11th, 2006, 10:33 PM
^^^^not until after next season buddy Mr. Brown will be back next year. :nod: oh and btw he is not 330lbs.........he is a legit 295 - 300

APPST '93
December 11th, 2006, 10:47 PM
This my friends is why APP wins the game. Hell, we should be playing OSU. lol

COLLEGE FOOTBALL – The # 1 ranked Ohio State Buckeyes (12-0) will meet the Florida Gators (12-1) on 1/08/07 in the national championship college football game instead of playing the Appalachian State Mountaineers for the title. Huh? Note that Appalachian State beat Montana State, who beat Colorado, who beat Iowa State, who beat Missouri, who beat Mississippi, who beat Vanderbilt, who beat Georgia, who beat Auburn, who handed Florida their only loss of the 2006 season (source: NCAA, December 2006).

appisgreatest
December 11th, 2006, 10:52 PM
You got a link for that article?

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2006, 10:52 PM
This my friends is why APP wins the game. Hell, we should be playing OSU. lol

COLLEGE FOOTBALL – The # 1 ranked Ohio State Buckeyes (12-0) will meet the Florida Gators (12-1) on 1/08/07 in the national championship college football game instead of playing the Appalachian State Mountaineers for the title. Huh? Note that Appalachian State beat Montana State, who beat Colorado, who beat Iowa State, who beat Missouri, who beat Mississippi, who beat Vanderbilt, who beat Georgia, who beat Auburn, who handed Florida their only loss of the 2006 season (source: NCAA, December 2006).

I don't exactly like this. While it gives us attention, it also categorically designates us as an inferior team...even in a tongue and cheek sense.

Seven Would Be Nice
December 11th, 2006, 11:02 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
I love that kind of stuff!!

As far as the O-Line, the YSU/ASU game was the second time i've seen App play all year. When watching the game on TV, it didn't take very long to notice how dominating the ASU O-line is. It seemed, no matter who they handed the ball to, they seemed to break it for 7-15 yards. Insane. ASU will win friday.

APPST '93
December 12th, 2006, 05:40 AM
You got a link for that article?

Nope. Just a word doc that came from my brother in law.

Appdad
December 12th, 2006, 06:19 AM
^^^^not until after next season buddy Mr. Brown will be back next year. :nod: oh and btw he is not 330lbs.........he is a legit 295 - 300

Kerry Brown is the left guard.

#70 is Jeremy Robinson, the right guard.

Sam Adams
December 12th, 2006, 07:03 AM
UMass has a pretty good offensive line as well led by an all american center (likely NFL draft pick) and 4 out of 5 lineman are on the all A10 team. The UMass OLine is the reason for the UMass success just as App's line is for them. Baylark's consistently great performances are keyed by his OLine. Check out the 2d half versus a superb Montana Defense that had shut everybody down all season - UMass dominated up front, moved the chains and retained possession.

None of this should be surprising to anybody who knows football - most teams are as good (or as bad) as their offenive line allows them to be. Here we have 2 very good teams playing for the NC with two very good Offensivel lines.

Mr. C
December 12th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Kerry Brown is the left guard.

#70 is Jeremy Robinson, the right guard.
Try Jeremy Robertson

psc2445
December 12th, 2006, 08:27 AM
actually, Isenhour is a senior as well. He and Robertson are the 2. Brown is a junior, Acitelli is a true freshman, and Suttle is a junior. we have 3 good ones coming back, but need to replace to pretty good ones

MYTAPPY
December 12th, 2006, 08:57 AM
actually, Isenhour is a senior as well. He and Robertson are the 2. Brown is a junior, Acitelli is a true freshman, and Suttle is a junior. we have 3 good ones coming back, but need to replace to pretty good ones

Anyone have an idea who will most likely replace Isenhour and Robetson next year?

DinoDex200
December 12th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Anyone have an idea who will most likely replace Isenhour and Robetson next year?

Bieschke and Knox, I believe?

boonedocks
December 12th, 2006, 09:26 AM
knox is a senior also

psc2445
December 12th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Bieschke and Knox, I believe?

kyle knox is a senior too