PDA

View Full Version : Final Bracketology

FargoBison
November 21st, 2015, 09:33 PM
This is pending the UND game of course...The last three seeds could vary wildly but I am comfortable with who I have in the field...

The Bracket
Dayton at Chattanooga vs 1. JSU
The Citadel at CCU vs 8. Charleston Southern

Colgate at Montana vs 5. Portland State
EIU at UNI vs 4. Illinois State

SDSU at UND vs 3. NDSU
Duquesne at William and Mary vs 6. JMU

UNH at Fordham vs 7. Richmond
SUU at SHSU vs 2. McNeese State

Autobids(10): SUU, CSU, Richmond, NDSU, Duquesne, JSU, Colgate, Dayton, Chattanooga and McNeese State
At-Large(14): Portland State, ISUR, SDSU, W&M, JMU, Fordham, SHSU, Montana, CCU, UNI, UND, The Citadel, UNH, EIU(last team in)
Bubble: NAU, Towson, UCA, WIU and Bethune-Cookman

NoBowls.com (http://nobowls.com/)
http://nobowls.com/images/final.png

Stats.com
(http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20151121233441551727304)
Dayton-Chattanooga first-round winner to play No. 1 seed Jacksonville State
The Citadel-James Madison first-round winner to play No. 8 seed Charleston Southern

Southern Utah-Sam Houston State first-round winner to play No. 5 Portland State
Towson-Coastal Carolina first-round winner to play No. 4 seed McNeese State

Duquesne-Fordham first-round winner to play No. 3 seed Illinois State
Eastern Illinois-Northern Iowa first-round winner to play No. 6 seed South Dakota State

Colgate-William & Mary first-round winner to play No. 7 seed Richmond
Western Illinois-Montana first-round winner to play No. 2 seed North Dakota State

Bison Media Bracket.... (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/668292753638481920)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUZAt9WWoAAjk26.png:large

TheEagleSHSU
November 21st, 2015, 09:37 PM
Would UND outbid SDSU you think?

FargoBison
November 21st, 2015, 09:39 PM

SDSU has an odd situation with having to play at a neutral field. Not sure how that will work out for them...I can see UND making a strong bid being their first playoff appearance and a dome helps avoid bad weather attendance issues.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 09:40 PM

That's what he predicted. xlolx

jmufan999
November 21st, 2015, 09:41 PM
good stuff, but if JMU gets a seed at all, it's behind Richmond. same conference record and Richmond won head-to-head. i'd be shocked if JMU was seeded before Richmond. i think it's only a 40% chance JMU is seeded at all, but i appreciate you putting the effort in on this.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2015, 09:42 PM
I'm not sure sdsu will even bid. If they were seeded they had an alternate stadium in a different city to play in.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2015, 09:42 PM
I don't think JMU should be seeded. Sure they're 9-2 but their quality of wins looks very similar to me to another 9-2 team in CCU but with a very marginal FBS win. They've got a couple decent wins against Towson and Villanova other than that SMU win but, despite their loss today, I'd still put SDSU as a seed over JMU.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2015, 09:43 PM
UND is also the richest Dakota school. If they want to host they can.

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2015, 09:44 PM
SDSU has an odd situation with having to play at a neutral field. Not sure how that will work out for them...I can see UND making a strong bid being their first playoff appearance and a dome helps avoid bad weather attendance issues.

I was told by our AD that they don't "have" to take a higher bid because they take into account attendance and facilities. I think that was more as a way to say don't assume we would get a home game with our bid regardless. I can't remember what year it was he told me this. May have been 2012

edit: so it's like my standards in college. They were more like preferences rather than hard fast rules.

Tod
November 21st, 2015, 09:46 PM
I love the thought of playing Colgate. I don't believe we've ever played them.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2015, 09:51 PM
I will say again those last three seeds were a complete cluster. I could even see SDSU sneaking in at #8 as the Sunday surprise.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2015, 09:55 PM
NoBowls.com

http://nobowls.com/images/final.png

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 21st, 2015, 09:57 PM
Richmond and JMU will both be top 8.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 09:58 PM
Fordham's football program is well funded. They have quite a few sugar daddies. Their bid will be quite substantial imo. It'll be interesting to see who they get paired up with...

seattlespider
November 21st, 2015, 10:00 PM
If JMU is getting a six seed, then Richmond will get a seed too. There's no way they can justify otherwise. Of course, Richmond will get a seed ahead of JMU in any case, IMO.

melloware13
Did CCU come out saying they're going to bid huge or The Citadel come out saying they aren't bidding? Otherwise, I could see that host site flipping due to facility size and avg. attendance.

dewey
good stuff, but if JMU gets a seed at all, it's behind Richmond. same conference record and Richmond won head-to-head. i'd be shocked if JMU was seeded before Richmond. i think it's only a 40% chance JMU is seeded at all, but i appreciate you putting the effort in on this.

I have just been trying to look at JMU, Richmond and W&M and my head hurts.
JMU 9-2 No bad losses lost to Richmond & William & Mary.

Richmond 8-3 beat JMU and William & Mary but lost to UNH & Villanova in less than 1 score games. Neither game is a bad loss IMHO.

Williarm & Mary 8-3 lost to Virginia in a 1 score game. Lost to Delware by 1 and lost today to Richmond 20-9.

It is hard to figure out what is more important head to head or the overall resume.

Then when you think you get that figured out throw SDSU, SUU, The Citadel and Charleston Southern into the mix.

F*** I need another drink!

Dewey

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2015, 10:02 PM
Going through my poll right now and I really think Western Illinois should be in over Eastern Illinois. Not just head-to-head but quality of wins are much better and quality of losses are better (the only bad loss you can claim for WIU is YSU but what do you call the Indiana St loss for EIU then?). The only argument EIU has is the extra D1 win. The committee is going to reveal tomorrow whether or not their 6 D1 win criteria is reality or if they're still holding to the old 7 D1 win standard. There's no reason to keep WIU out while putting either EIU or Towson in if they're really holding to the 6 D1 threshold like the handbook says.

jmufan999
November 21st, 2015, 10:03 PM
Richmond and JMU will both be top 8.

i hope you're right. i'm absolutely certain Richmond will be ahead of JMU in the committee's mind, but i think some may just be looking at overall records for these projections. probably not that simple. i believe Richmond has about an 85% chance of being seeded and JMU has a 40% chance.

leatherneck177
November 21st, 2015, 10:03 PM
EIU with only two wins over teams with a winning record? Best wins are UT-Martin and Eastern Kentucky?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 21st, 2015, 10:04 PM
I love the thought of playing Colgate. I don't believe we've ever played them.

Hey Tod, really nice to see you. I agree with ya on that one too. Love to see new teams come in.

mvemjsunpx
November 21st, 2015, 10:06 PM
I really hope they don't put 3 Big Sky teams in the same 8th. That would be a real screw job.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2015, 10:09 PM
I really hope they don't put 3 Big Sky teams in the same 8th. That would be a real screw job.

Agreed and that is why I sent SUU elsewhere.

leatherneck177
November 21st, 2015, 10:10 PM
Going through my poll right now and I really think Western Illinois should be in over Eastern Illinois. Not just head-to-head but quality of wins are much better and quality of losses are better (the only bad loss you can claim for WIU is YSU but what do you call the Indiana St loss for EIU then?). The only argument EIU has is the extra D1 win. The committee is going to reveal tomorrow whether or not their 6 D1 win criteria is reality or if they're still holding to the old 7 D1 win standard. There's no reason to keep WIU out while putting either EIU or Towson in if they're really holding to the 6 D1 threshold like the handbook says.

I've been wondering why so many are locking in EIU. All bubble teams should wonder how Eastern can be so comfortable. Yes, line will be drawn tomorrow on 7 vs 6.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2015, 10:11 PM
Bison media bracketology show...

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2015-fcs-bracketology-show/

Pitz
November 21st, 2015, 10:13 PM
If JMU is getting a six seed, then Richmond will get a seed too. There's no way they can justify otherwise. Of course, Richmond will get a seed ahead of JMU in any case, IMO.

Both CAA co-champs. JMU has the better record w/ FBS win. Easily justifiable.

BisonTru
November 21st, 2015, 10:13 PM
My best guess:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21858&stc=1

First four out: New Hampshire, Central Arkansas, Towson, Western Carolina

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2015, 10:17 PM
Bison media bracketology show...

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2015-fcs-bracketology-show/
Their projected field:

The seeds:
1) Jacksonville St
2) North Dakota St
3) McNeese St
4) Illinois St
5) Portland St
6) Richmond
7) South Dakota St
8) Charleston Southern

The unseeded autos:
Dayton
Chattanooga
Colgate
Duquesne
Southern Utah

And the unseeded at larges:
Bethune-Cookman
James Madison
Montana
Northern Iowa
William & Mary
North Dakota
Sam Houston St
The Citadel
Coastal Carolina
Fordham
New Hampshire

Their last two in:
Fordham
New Hampshire

Their first four out:
Towson
Eastern Illinois
Northern Arizona
Western Illinois

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 21st, 2015, 10:25 PM
Just read NDSU is the only team with 8 top fifty wins. Hope the this helps.

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2015, 10:31 PM

Eiu lost to Illinois State. Not Indiana state

we would have beat them too

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2015, 10:34 PM
I just feel like they will take EIU because they have won 7 of 8 to end and they are 2nd in the OVC. I look no farther into it than that. I think Western IL is a better team but I guess i also think ISUb, YSU, USD and SIU are better too.

No bias of course.

Gangtackle11
November 21st, 2015, 10:38 PM
The Gangtackle11 bracket:

UNH/Fordham vs.
1 Jax State

Coastal Carolina/The Citadel vs.
8 Charleston Southern

James Madison/Colgate vs.
4 Illinois State

Northern Iowa/North Dakota vs.
5 Portland State

Eastern Illinois/Dayton vs.
2 McNeesee State

Southern Utah State/Montana vs.
7 South Dakota State

William & Mary/Duquesne vs.
3 North Dakota State

Chattanooga/Sam Houston St. vs.
6 Richmond

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2015, 10:39 PM
Eiu lost to Illinois State. Not Indiana state

we would have beat them too
Ah. Confused EIU with SEMO on ISUb's schedule. So in that case EIU doesn't have any bad losses which gives them the advantage there but the point about WIU's convincing head-to-head win and vastly superior quality wins still outweighs it IMO.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 21st, 2015, 10:45 PM
I doubt UTC is left unseeded.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2015, 10:47 PM
I doubt UTC is left unseeded.
Which begs the question why?

The Citadel was a really good win but Mercer was a really bad loss. Other than that it's a very nondescript resume for the Mocs.

dewey
November 21st, 2015, 10:49 PM
Which begs the question why?

I don't see UTC as a seed.

Chattanooga has 1 good win, over The Citadel, but a bad loss to Mercer and no other qualtiy wins and a win over D2 Mars Hill.

Dewey

Schism55
November 21st, 2015, 10:50 PM
Just read NDSU is the only team with 8 top fifty wins. Hope the this helps.
This

mmiller_34
November 21st, 2015, 11:00 PM
No way SDSU gets a seed. Flattering, but no way. Committee will do whatever it takes to funnel us through Fargo.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2015, 11:00 PM
Bison Media Bracket.... (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/668292753638481920)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUZAt9WWoAAjk26.png:large

veinup
November 21st, 2015, 11:01 PM
when is the official announcement show thingy?

also, as others have mentioned .. MONTANA/SUU @ Portland state would suck, hope it doesn't shake out like that

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2015, 11:02 PM

It's not going to matter. If the bracket breaks out that way UNI will destroy them.

Tod
November 21st, 2015, 11:03 PM
Hey Tod, really nice to see you. I agree with ya on that one too. Love to see new teams come in.
Harvard is the one I'd really love to see, but Colgate would do very nicely.

Yeah, I know Harvard would have to be regular season.

dewey
November 21st, 2015, 11:04 PM

also, as others have mentioned .. MONTANA/SUU @ Portland state would suck, hope it doesn't shake out like that

Sunday morning at 1000 am CDT on ESPNU.

Dewey

Schism55
November 21st, 2015, 11:04 PM

9 AM Mountain ESPNU

FargoBison
November 21st, 2015, 11:06 PM
Stats.com
The Citadel-James Madison first-round winner to play No. 8 seed Charleston Southern

Eastern Illinois-Northern Iowa first-round winner to play No. 6 seed South Dakota State

Western Illinois-Montana first-round winner to play No. 2 seed North Dakota State

veinup
November 21st, 2015, 11:07 PM
thankyou gentlemen

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2015, 11:12 PM
Stats.com

Wow, WIU in but also EIU and Towson in. Looks like they're leaving UND out. It's very unlikely all 3 of those teams are in but UND is out.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2015, 11:14 PM
Wow, WIU in but also EIU and Towson in. Looks like they're leaving UND out. It's very unlikely all 3 of those teams are in but UND is out.

That bracket is a mess, said that stats is the biggest FCS media outlet yet can't figure out how to put together a bracket.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 11:16 PM
Colgate at Montana would be pretty cool. Two programs that thrive off of cold weather football.....

Catsfan90
November 21st, 2015, 11:30 PM
All I know is I don't envy the committee tonight after this season.

Hambone
November 21st, 2015, 11:35 PM
Welp, the Fighting Hawks took care of business today. Holding CP to 153 yards rushing is pretty impressive. Now we see what the committee says tomorrow. My gut says UND is in but definitely possible they are not.

F'N Hawks
November 21st, 2015, 11:37 PM
Stats.com

Towson?

jmufan999
November 21st, 2015, 11:37 PM
Stats.com

The Citadel would be an atrocious matchup for JMU. it would be ugly. I'd rather play the second round opponent: CSU. no offense to CSU at all, i'm just telling you that there's no way JMU could stop the Bulldogs' offense.

Bison56
November 21st, 2015, 11:45 PM
If UND gets in I don't see how they could pass up an SDSU / UND into NDSU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 11:58 PM
Personally, I think Portland State has a great claim for the #2 seed. That Wazzu win keeps getting better and better. The Cougars could end the season ranked. 9-2 conference champ, 2 FBS wins(1 very good, 1 in historic fashion) only one "bad" loss?

NDSU and McNeese have a claim too. I just really like what the Vikings did this year. Perhaps I'm putting too much stock in the Wazzu win. I just look at it as one of the better FCS wins over FBS in several years. Even better than NDSU's win over K-State....

ElCid
November 21st, 2015, 11:58 PM
My brain is full. Poll tuned in. Time for bed. The talk here and there of The Citadel with a seed is silly. The Carolina bracket may happen but not sure CSU will even get one. Probably, but they looked real bad against the Tide. Yeah I know it was Ala-f'ing-bama, but wish they could have done better. I will miss the announcement due to church......but I will be praying real hard to see a good bracket when I get home. Good luck to all!

seattlespider
November 22nd, 2015, 12:20 AM
Personally, I think Portland State has a great claim for the #2 seed. That Wazzu win keeps getting better and better. The Cougars could end the season ranked. 9-2 conference champ, 2 FBS wins(1 very good, 1 in historic fashion) only one "bad" loss?

NDSU and McNeese have a claim too. I just really like what the Vikings did this year. Perhaps I'm putting too much stock in the Wazzu win. I just look at it as one of the better FCS wins over FBS in several years. Even better than NDSU's win over K-State....

You know, I find myself agreeing with you. Looking at their schedule again, they have a load of nice wins. I could see the committee rewarding them for navigating that schedule.

centennial
November 22nd, 2015, 12:24 AM

KState was 20-25 depending on what computer you looked at, WSU is in the 40 range. IMO comparable at best. That KSt would beat this WSU team IMO.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2015, 12:35 AM
KState was 20-25 depending on what computer you looked at, WSU is in the 40 range. IMO comparable at best. That KSt would beat this WSU team IMO.

Time will tell what Wazzu's ceiling will be for the year. They're definitely trending up. I know that only matters so much when the committee must decide tomorrow morning.

Either way, Portland State's win over Wazzu and NDSU's win over K-State are the best FCS over FBS wins since App State over Michigan. That was a REALLY good win for Portland State this year....

*EIU also curb stomped a legitimately good San Diego Sate team. That was extremely impressive. Still, a P5 win is always going to garner more attention...

centennial
November 22nd, 2015, 12:40 AM
Time will tell what Wazzu's ceiling will be for the year. They're definitely trending up. I know that only matters so much when the committee must decide tomorrow morning.

Either way, Portland State's win over Wazzu and NDSU's win over K-State are the best FCS over FBS wins since App State over Michigan. That was a REALLY good win for Portland State this year....

It's hard to judge across years. Both these wins have been great for the FCS. That was a once in decade FCS team, we pushed around an OLine, Dline from a team that will was BCS number 1 in 2012.

JALMOND
November 22nd, 2015, 01:02 AM

Had we not lost to both North Dakota and Northern Colorado, if we had only one of those losses, maybe #2 would be in our reach. I'm hoping for a bye into the second round, although if you would have told me at the beginning of the year that Portland State was going to be in the playoffs this year (and a possible seed), even this PSU football fan would have told you that you were crazy. Unbelievable!!xthumbsupx

Grizzlies82
November 22nd, 2015, 01:13 AM
I think Go Lehigh is partially right. Doubt Portland State would get a #2 seed but the committee will treat them better than many of the brackets are showing (ie... not a #7 or 8 seed). I suspect they'll be either a #4 or 5.

As to whom is #2, sitting here out west (without any Missouri Valley blinders on) it looks pretty clear the #1 & 2 is going to be Jacksonville State & McNeese State (and not necessarily in that order). North Dakota State & Illinois State will both get good seeds but with two losses they will not be above an undefeated, and a one loss to Auburn, team. You can argue about which team is better but I don't think there is any doubt which ones are seeded higher.

ming01
November 22nd, 2015, 01:34 AM
The winning bracket...

Dayton at Chatty vs 1. Jacksonville St
Duquesne at Fordham vs. 8. James Madison
New Hampshire at Montana vs. 4. Portland St
Eastern Illinois at UNI vs. 5. Illinois State
Colgate at William & Mary vs. 6. Richmond
UND at SDSU vs. 3. NDSU
Citadel at CCU vs. 7. Charleston Southern
Southern Utah at SHSU vs. 2. McNeese St

UNHWildCats
November 22nd, 2015, 02:57 AM

I'm confused... "9-2 conference champ" I thought Southern Utah won the conference championship?

Casey_Orourke
November 22nd, 2015, 03:16 AM
I'm confused... "9-2 conference champ" I thought Southern Utah won the conference championship?

If SUU lost, their conference record would have been the same as Portland State's, so PSU would have won the league because they beat SUU head to head, but SUU won which gives them the best conference record, the outright conference championship and the autobid, but PSU still gets a seed because of a better overall record and two FBS wins

RootinFerDukes
November 22nd, 2015, 03:51 AM
Charleston southern getting a seed before JMU. LOL
They always have the worst poll though so I'm not surprised.

RootinFerDukes
November 22nd, 2015, 03:59 AM
For those worried about which is more important, head to head or overall resume, they've shown in the past to favor overall resume.
Look at ccu seeded last year while Liberty was not. Liberty was the big south champion, coastal was 2nd place.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2015, 06:11 AM
The winning bracket...

UND at SDSU vs. 3. NDSU

This looks pretty decent but IMO, NDSU has a legit shot at the #2 seed.

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2015, 07:27 AM
This looks pretty decent but IMO, NDSU has a legit shot at the #2 seed.

........ANNOUNCERS...DURIN'....MCNEESE/LAMAR GAME.........SAY......COWBOYS GET #2..................AWK!

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2015, 07:30 AM
........ANNOUNCERS...DURIN'....MCNEESE/LAMAR GAME.........SAY......COWBOYS GET #2..................AWK!
Well, NDSU's sideline guy for radio (who also happens to be employed by the NDSU AD) said he'd be "shocked" if McNeese got the 2 over NDSU. I'd say they're both a bit biased and wouldn't be shocked either way.

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2015, 07:34 AM
Well, NDSU's sideline guy for radio (who also happens to be employed by the NDSU AD) said he'd be "shocked" if McNeese got the 2 over NDSU. I'd say they're both a bit biased and wouldn't be shocked either way.

......AH'M WHIFF YA....PROF......HE SAID...VS.....HE SAID..................AH'M LEANIN'.....TA DUH SOUFF.............AWK!

SDSUAlum08
November 22nd, 2015, 07:39 AM

The difference between a #2 vs #3 means nothing. McNeese won't make the semifinals.

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2015, 07:49 AM
The difference between a #2 vs #3 means nothing. McNeese won't make the semifinals.

........KEELER WILL SEE TA DAT....xcoolx......AWK!

BearKatProud
November 22nd, 2015, 07:52 AM
........KEELER WILL SEE TA DAT....xcoolx......AWK!

The chicken speaks truth.

FCSwatcher
November 22nd, 2015, 07:56 AM
Had we not lost to both North Dakota and Northern Colorado, if we had only one of those losses, maybe #2 would be in our reach. I'm hoping for a bye into the second round, although if you would have told me at the beginning of the year that Portland State was going to be in the playoffs this year (and a possible seed), even this PSU football fan would have told you that you were crazy. Unbelievable!!xthumbsupx

How is that any different then NDSU losing to Montana, and USD?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wmmii
November 22nd, 2015, 08:03 AM
I have just been trying to look at JMU, Richmond and W&M and my head hurts.
JMU 9-2 No bad losses lost to Richmond & William & Mary.

Richmond 8-3 beat JMU and William & Mary but lost to UNH & Villanova in less than 1 score games. Neither game is a bad loss IMHO.

Williarm & Mary 8-3 lost to Virginia in a 1 score game. Lost to Delware by 1 and lost today to Richmond 20-9.

Dewey

Richmond get the autobid and a seed IMO

wmmii
November 22nd, 2015, 08:09 AM
The winning bracket...

UND at SDSU vs. 3. NDSU

I concur except switch Chatty and JMU so Chatty has seed! Great regional match ups!

GABison
November 22nd, 2015, 08:34 AM
Still don't understand the thinking that NDSU will be seeded higher than Illinois State.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2015, 08:36 AM
Still don't understand the thinking that NDSU will be seeded higher than Illinois State.
Better quality wins and conference autobid in lieu of no head-to-head. Illinois St has better losses. Where you stand depends on how you want to weigh those things.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2015, 08:38 AM
How much influence does ESPN have? I know the committee will say zero but it has to. Those semifinal games are an important "showcase" for FCS. How much does NDSU's national presence matter when it comes to who will be the 2 and who will be the 3?

Ahh politics....

X-Factor
November 22nd, 2015, 08:39 AM
This year could easily set a record for the most complaining after the bracket is released. So many options!

LuckyKat
November 22nd, 2015, 08:46 AM
who ever ....
WELCOME TO HUNTSVILLE!!!!!!!

MUWAHAHA

RootinFerDukes
November 22nd, 2015, 08:48 AM

Our commentator for our school streaming broadcast said he heard from reliable sources that JMU will get a seed with a Villanova win. I'm not sure if that was before the citadel win over sc.

SpiderJPO
November 22nd, 2015, 08:50 AM
If you get a seed over UR the system is a joke.

RootinFerDukes
November 22nd, 2015, 08:51 AM
I concur except switch Chatty and JMU so Chatty has seed! Great regional match ups!

They just lost to fsu and that will be fresh. They lost to mercer. Chattanooga has no business being seeded. The citadel has more of an argument.

RootinFerDukes
November 22nd, 2015, 08:54 AM
If you get a seed over UR the system is a joke.

Not necessarily. They've consistently shown that they look at overall body of work and not just a single game.
Look at coastal and Liberty last year for a recent example. Coastal loses to Liberty and is 2nd place but gets a seed while Liberty does not.

kalm
November 22nd, 2015, 08:54 AM

WSU was already AP 24 heading into this week. They have wins over two ranked opponents with the same record (Oregon and UCLA) and wins against two bowl eligible teams in the Arizonas. They should beat the Huskies next week to finish 9-3 and go to the Pac-12's #2 bowl.

Since I have no one left to root for now I'll add that our win over #25 at the time and eventual bowl winner OSU that year wasn't too shabby either. :D

Nice to PSU finally getting some love on here. definitely no lower than 5 and an argument for 2. And with UNC finishing 6-5 that really wasn't that bad of a loss.

Sitting Bull
November 22nd, 2015, 09:02 AM

I think you would have to swap Fordham and Colgate (Fordham at W&M, Duquesne at Colgate).

Colgate won the PL. If anyone gets a home game, I would think they, the champ, would before Fordham.

Difference could be on the bidding - tough to draw fans during week1, especially at Colgate.

walliver
November 22nd, 2015, 09:03 AM
I would be surprised if the NCAA went with the South Carolina FCS championship bracket (CCU, CSU and the Citadel). It saves gas, but I suspect they will stir the pot a little better than just have every FCS team in the 843 area code playing a near round robin.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2015, 09:04 AM
Not necessarily. They've consistently shown that they look at overall body of work and not just a single game.
Look at coastal and Liberty last year for a recent example. Coastal loses to Liberty and is 2nd place but gets a seed while Liberty does not.
Coastal was 11-1 after that and Liberty was 8-4 so it's not a very good comparison to UR and JMU this year. I think UR deserves the seed ahead of JMU but if they don't get it they only have themselves to blame by dropping 2 of their last 3 to teams they probably should've beaten.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2015, 09:05 AM
I think you would have to swap Fordham and Colgate (Fordham at W&M, Duquesne at Colgate).

Colgate won the PL. If anyone gets a home game, I would think they, the champ, would before Fordham.

Difference could be on the bidding - tough to draw fans during week1, especially at Colgate.

Fordham has deep pockets when it comes to football. They will put in a substantial bid. I actually think they would outbid UNH if it comes down to those two.....

Colgate had about 700 people last week for the Lehigh game. I don't see anyway how they can justify bidding enough to host. Colgate is one of the more isolated schools in FCS....

knucklehead
November 22nd, 2015, 09:33 AM
If WIU gets in at 6-5, I might lose my mind. no need to go that deep and you could argue that WIU and Liberty have equal big wins.

KPSUL
November 22nd, 2015, 09:40 AM
Fordham has deep pockets when it comes to football. They will put in a substantial bid. I actually think they would outbid UNH if it comes down to those two.....

Colgate had about 700 people last week for the Lehigh game. I don't see anyway how they can justify bidding enough to host. Colgate is one of the more isolated schools in FCS....

If the Wildcats get in, I don't see why they would outbid anyone. Also, it would be interesting to see how they could give the opposition 500 tickets behind the bench area since all the stands on that side were torn down for the new construction. I think there is less than 5000 seats left at Cowell in total.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2015, 09:41 AM
If WIU gets in at 6-5, I might lose my mind. no need to go that deep and you could argue that WIU and Liberty have equal big wins.

Neither one will be in....

knucklehead
November 22nd, 2015, 09:45 AM

And, that is how it should be this year.

- - - Updated - - -

And, that is how it should be this year.

KPSUL
November 22nd, 2015, 09:48 AM

I know you guys had two great wins, on a par with WIU's wins over, UNI and SDSU. However, I don't think the committee is going to send a fifth MVFC team at 6-5 to the playoffs, leaving either the SKY or CAA with only three teams in, and two 7-4 teams out.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2015, 09:49 AM
You could make that argument for Liberty being equal to WIU but it would be a bad argument.

melloware13
November 22nd, 2015, 09:56 AM
I'm not sure if this has been seen yet, but the NCAA site has given game times for the first two rounds already without having any teams listed. Times that stick out as being a bit obvious are the #6 seed's game being at 10 PM Eastern (Portland State) and the corresponding first round game is at 5 PM (so likely a Mountain TZ team).

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2015, 09:58 AM
If the Wildcats get in, I don't see why they would outbid anyone. Also, it would be interesting to see how they could give the opposition 500 tickets behind the bench area since all the stands on that side were torn down for the new construction. I think there is less than 5000 seats left at Cowell in total.

Completely forgot about the stadium renovations....

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2015, 10:03 AM
I'm not sure if this has been seen yet, but the NCAA site has given game times for the first two rounds already without having any teams listed. Times that stick out as being a bit obvious are the #6 seed's game being at 10 PM Eastern (Portland State) and the corresponding first round game is at 5 PM (so likely a Mountain TZ team).
Great catch (http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs)

Looks like NDSU is the #3 seed. 3:30PM ET is generally NDSU's preferred start time.

FargoBison
November 22nd, 2015, 10:08 AM
Chuck South is #8...I had all the 8 seeded teams...not the right order but I will take getting all 8.

- - - Updated - - -

The SC bracket pod happened as predicted!

FargoBison
November 22nd, 2015, 10:11 AM
IMO JSU's half of the bracket is very easy seedwise. JMU not the same without Lee, McNeese has some big questions and so does Chuck South.

FargoBison
November 22nd, 2015, 10:13 AM
Regionalization going as planned so far...I did have Fordham and UNH playing to avoid the rematch but UNH-Colgate was very likely as well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2015, 10:15 AM
Geez.....all the Valley teams on the same side of the bracket....xsmhx

FargoBison
November 22nd, 2015, 10:16 AM
Geez.....all the Valley teams on the same side of the bracket....xsmhx

Complete joke....the brackets are very uneven. The NDSU half is the half of death.

leatherneck177
November 22nd, 2015, 10:17 AM
Complete joke....the brackets are very uneven. The NDSU half is the half of death.

probably don't want to see an all MVFC title game again.

Sitting Bull
November 22nd, 2015, 10:17 AM
Regionalization going as planned so far...I did have Fordham and UNH playing to avoid the rematch but UNH-Colgate was very likely as well.

UNH/Colgate already played this season. I don't understand a rematch - their were certainly other options.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2015, 10:19 AM

Almost positive SDSU will be going through Fargo and UNI through Ill State.

Regionalization is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

probably don't want to see an all MVFC title game again.

This here!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2015, 10:25 AM
Holy crap.....WIU is in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leatherneck177
November 22nd, 2015, 10:26 AM
YES!!!!

BisonBacker
November 22nd, 2015, 10:26 AM
Ill. State should make the Quarters with no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap.....WIU is in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah was a surprise also.

AmsterBison
November 22nd, 2015, 10:27 AM

I've got no problem with playing tough teams in the playoffs... but, holy crap, I hate seeing rematches all the freaking time.

BisonBacker
November 22nd, 2015, 10:27 AM
How the **** do you put 5 teams from the same conference into one side of the bracket xbangx

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2015, 10:28 AM
OMG....my jaw just dropped. I SOOOOO did not expect that.

dwtime
Always love the "It's all about us" MVC comments. Lets face it you all would only be happy if the National Tournament was an "all MVC" Tournament.

AggieManiac704
How the **** do you put 5 teams from the same conference into one side of the bracket xbangx

that's weird indeed

kalm
November 22nd, 2015, 10:29 AM
UND gets screwed...especially with EIU getting in.

FargoBison
November 22nd, 2015, 10:29 AM
Only missed one team....WIU. Had UND instead, still shocked they aren't in.

herd13
November 22nd, 2015, 10:30 AM

Right. I'm not going to complain 1 bit about Ill St being ahead of NDSU but all 5 MVFC teams in the same side. I understand "regionalization" but WOW! They outdid themselves on this choke job. It's basically a conference tournament on that side.

Drblankstare
November 22nd, 2015, 10:31 AM
I've got no problem with the seeds or the teams that got in, but putting all the Valley teams on 1 side is a load of **** and everyone knows it.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 22nd, 2015, 10:33 AM
What part of regionalization do people not understand? It's always been like this and keeps getting worse, but people should not act so surprised. I do agree with 5 MVFC teams, not having at least one on the other side is extreme. But the committee always has a West and East bracket.

biggame
November 22nd, 2015, 10:34 AM
I thought ahead of time if UND didn't get in I wouldn't be upset but it's hard to look at what they did this year and think they shouldn't have gotten in ahead of WIU. How do you really justify a 5th team from the MVC that didn't even have 7 wins?

Samalum'10
November 22nd, 2015, 10:34 AM
Only missed one team....WIU. Had UND instead, still shocked they aren't in.
Same here. Feel bad for UND

Especially after comparing our resumes

Big_Fan
November 22nd, 2015, 10:35 AM
I've got no problem with the seeds or the teams that got in, but putting all the Valley teams on 1 side is a load of **** and everyone knows it.

From a business perspective, it makes perfect sense. Nobody outside of the MVFC watched the finals last year. Whether you like it or not, that is reality. If you get JSU vs NDSU, two regions of the country are interested in the outcome...anybody vs a MVFC team is better than two MVFC teams.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 22nd, 2015, 10:36 AM
Biggame, I totally feel for you. You guys got screwed this year IMO.

birdsflyhigh
November 22nd, 2015, 10:36 AM
BIG congrats out to the WIU Necks and EIU Panthers who are both playoff bound. Think WIU takes down Dayton.

ISU as the #2 seed....VERY COOL!! :) Lots of tough playoff games coming up, but being at home at beautiful Hancock Stadium is a good bump for the Birds as they've won 17 in a row at home.

BisonTru
November 22nd, 2015, 10:37 AM
I thought ahead of time if UND didn't get in I wouldn't be upset but it's hard to look at what they did this year and think they shouldn't have gotten in ahead of WIU. How do you really justify a 5th team from the MVC that didn't even have 7 wins?

WIU has wins against 3 playoffs teams. That's more impressive than UND's 1 victory over PSU. IMO, I had you in over UNH, but it was very close.

LehighU11
November 22nd, 2015, 10:37 AM
UND should have gotten in, but it's no surprise they were snubbed. The committee always shows too much love for the OVC and would never dream of keeping EIU out after finishing 7-1 in conference play. Western Illinois should be in over Eastern Illinois with that 35-7 thumping, and a respectable set of wins, albeit 6.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 22nd, 2015, 10:38 AM
From a business perspective, it makes perfect sense. Nobody outside of the MVFC watched the finals last year. Whether you like it or not, that is reality. If you get JSU vs NDSU, two regions of the country are interested in the outcome...anybody vs a MVFC team is better than two MVFC teams.

I agree. It sucks, but it means higher revenues as well at the gate, knowing the closer teams are likely to have higher attendances.

kalm
November 22nd, 2015, 10:39 AM
I just checked EIU's schedule on ESPN and the have playing NIU.

Gangtackle11
November 22nd, 2015, 10:40 AM
It's hard to argue against the MVFC getting seeds or bids. They have proved that they deserve to be odds on favorite to have the most teams in the field. Their teams usually go deep into the brackets & NDSU is just crazy good!

NDSUtk
November 22nd, 2015, 10:41 AM
Well I don't know that anyone can truly prove if it was only the MVFC folks who watched or not, but I'm willing to bet you're incorrect. Also, add to the fact that's the best rated TV one...

"The North Dakota State/Illinois State FCS college football championship game drew a 1.0 final rating and 1.4 million viewers on ESPN2 last Saturday afternoon, up 25% in ratings and 16% in viewership from NDSU/Towson last year (0.8, 1.2M), and up 43% and 31%, respectively, from NDSU/Sam Houston State in 2013 (0.7, 1.1M). (via Sports Business Daily)"

Source: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2015/01/unc-louisville-ratings-espn-basketball-epl-nbcsn-most-watched-fcs-college-football-championship-espn/

Drblankstare
November 22nd, 2015, 10:42 AM

So tv ratings for the championship game, dictate seeding and brackets. Got it.

FordhamFan
November 22nd, 2015, 10:43 AM
There is a negative percent chance the committee thinks about ratings for the championship game when making this bracket. Insane notion.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2015, 10:44 AM
I've got no problem with playing tough teams in the playoffs... but, holy crap, I hate seeing rematches all the freaking time.

Bring them on!!

It's nice to see other teams but just go out and win!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2015, 10:49 AM
UNI will beat Portland State

centennial
November 22nd, 2015, 10:52 AM
Won't be close.

biggame
November 22nd, 2015, 10:52 AM
You think to highly of UNI, they are good and can play with anyone but they don't always win and Portland State is pretty good.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2015, 10:55 AM
You think to highly of UNI, they are good and can play with anyone but they don't always win and Portland State is pretty good.

UNI is probably playing the best ball right now. PSU might be good but UNI's defense is physical and tough as nails. Bailey is getting better and better at QB.

biggame
November 22nd, 2015, 10:57 AM
I have watched both and I would be shocked if the game wasn't extremely close, but you never know.

Drblankstare
November 22nd, 2015, 10:57 AM
Portland St is a hard one to figure, great wins, a couple head scratching losses. UNI in the playoffs can be a bit dicey also. Should be a great game, can't wait to see it.

FargoBison
November 22nd, 2015, 10:59 AM
UND and Towson last two out...A MEAC at-large wasn't even in the picture.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 22nd, 2015, 11:04 AM
So tv ratings for the championship game, dictate seeding and brackets. Got it.

Well put, it seemed like a fairly dumb comment to me as well.

BisonTru
November 22nd, 2015, 11:06 AM
There is a negative percent chance the committee thinks about ratings for the championship game when making this bracket. Insane notion.

This. The chips fall where they fall. I'm not pumped about the draw, but I don't believe there is any conspiracy theory here.

BisonTru
November 22nd, 2015, 11:09 AM
UND and Towson last two out...A MEAC at-large wasn't even in the picture.

Last three in: New Hampshire, Eastern Ill, Western Ill

First thee out: North Dakota, Towson, Central Arkansas

Theee Catrabbit
November 22nd, 2015, 11:11 AM

Maybe your school should consider joining the MVFC and Summit. you wouldn't have this problem.....

centennial
November 22nd, 2015, 11:13 AM
Maybe your school should consider joining the MVFC and Summit. you wouldn't have this problem.....
They wouldn't compete. Both leagues are a jump in competition. They would be the new SIU, ISUb. And I am not even sure they beat SIU, or ISUb. In the summit they would struggle to be top 5-7, if that.

Gil Dobie
November 22nd, 2015, 11:14 AM

WIU took 3rd place, beating playoff teams UNI and SDSU. Also beat playoff team EIU in the first game of the season.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2015, 11:16 AM
I think the committee said loud and clear this year that it's more important who you lose to than who you beat. The committee chair referenced it in their seeding decision of ISUr over NDSU and they showed it in how high they seeded JMU and how they left UND out but had teams like EIU and WIU in.

IBleedYellow
November 22nd, 2015, 11:24 AM

Because 6 puts you in the conversation?

catamount man
November 22nd, 2015, 11:26 AM
I think the committee said loud and clear this year that it's more important who you lose to than who you beat. The committee chair referenced it in their seeding decision of ISUr over NDSU and they showed it in how high they seeded JMU and how they left UND out but had teams like EIU and WIU in.

Not true. We lost to two SEC teams and two top 20 FCS teams and are sitting at home. GO CATS!!!

taper
November 22nd, 2015, 11:27 AM
Dayton hosts WIU. WIU's had roughly double Dayton's attendance for the year. I wonder if WIU didn't even submit a bid.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2015, 11:28 AM
Not true. We lost to two SEC teams and two top 20 FCS teams and are sitting at home. GO CATS!!!
Well who you beat is still important just not as important as who you lost to. WCU didn't beat anyone of substances (which included a D2 win).

WCU was actually very similar to EIU other than EIU had all D1 wins.

BisonTru
November 22nd, 2015, 12:23 PM
My best guess:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21858&stc=1

First four out: New Hampshire, Central Arkansas, Towson, Western Carolina

Missed UNH had UND. One of the few, that had WIU in. Missed on 1 seed. Had Chattanooga in, Richmond out.

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2015, 01:56 PM
Dayton hosts WIU. WIU's had roughly double Dayton's attendance for the year. I wonder if WIU didn't even submit a bid.

Like I said earlier....we bid three-fiddy.

Seriously though, I doubt we had a bid at all. If we're talking $...Dayton is a private school, Western is a public school in the state of IL. If we're looking at attendance...Dayton averaged 3,058 this year, we averaged a (bottom of the MVFC) 4,774 this year. Neither are anything to write home about and a few thousand here or there when they're both averaging under 5k is not going to tip the scale for anyone. Anyone know if there is a way to see what everyone submitted for bids?

ming01
November 22nd, 2015, 03:03 PM

Does it really matter?

taper
November 22nd, 2015, 11:02 PM
Like I said earlier....we bid three-fiddy.

Seriously though, I doubt we had a bid at all. If we're talking $...Dayton is a private school, Western is a public school in the state of IL. If we're looking at attendance...Dayton averaged 3,058 this year, we averaged a (bottom of the MVFC) 4,774 this year. Neither are anything to write home about and a few thousand here or there when they're both averaging under 5k is not going to tip the scale for anyone. Anyone know if there is a way to see what everyone submitted for bids?

WIU's attendance was a little funny. You drew 6-7k until the last 2 games. I think I heard the weather was bad? There's a link in the Dayton thread to an article saying they bid the minimum $30k, with half coming from the conference. If Illinois has open records laws you can file a request to your school, otherwise the NCAA doesn't release numbers. I don't know what happens if both teams bid the minimum.

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2015, 11:31 PM
WIU's attendance was a little funny. You drew 6-7k until the last 2 games. I think I heard the weather was bad? There's a link in the Dayton thread to an article saying they bid the minimum $30k, with half coming from the conference. If Illinois has open records laws you can file a request to your school, otherwise the NCAA doesn't release numbers. I don't know what happens if both teams bid the minimum.

Second to last game (vs YSU) was colder than it had been the last few weeks, rainy (got just under an inch of rain that day), and windy.
Last game (vs SDSU) was immediately after a rainstorm->snowstorm plowed through the area, was windy, very cold, and it was the first weekend of Thanksgiving break, so nearly all of our students were back home...3-4 hours away by Friday evening before the game.

Our students are fickle...they hardly show up for games when the weather is great...show even the slightest chance of it being rainy or cold and you won't get more than 20 of them there (mostly the Vets Club/Peach Blossoms crew).

Also, I'm 99% sure we didn't put in a bid.

Theee Catrabbit
November 22nd, 2015, 11:54 PM
WIU took 3rd place, beating playoff teams UNI and SDSU. Also beat playoff team EIU in the first game of the season.

I know. I was trying to be an asshole. Thanks for blowing it! I don't like explaining things.........xthumbsupx

Herder
November 23rd, 2015, 12:07 AM
One thing was clear, the committee is doing everything they can to try to prevent a 5th championship by ndsu. Show me one poll that has IL State ahead of ndsu? GPI, nope. Auto bid, nope. Committee? Yep, screw job.

Heck, maybe they could have un seeded Ndsu, rejected our bid, and sent us to UNI in the 1st round. SDSU in case we got by that, then IL state. If we win that, they could match us up with Iowa in a bowl game to soften us up before the championship vs JSU. Hey whatever it takes for the committee to get a new champion.

BisonTru
November 23rd, 2015, 12:22 AM
One thing was clear, the committee is doing everything they can to try to prevent a 5th championship by ndsu. Show me one poll that has IL State ahead of ndsu? GPI, nope. Auto bid, nope. Committee? Yep, screw job.

Heck, maybe they could have un seeded Ndsu, rejected our bid, and sent us to UNI in the 1st round. SDSU in case we got by that, then IL state. If we win that, they could match us up with Iowa in a bowl game to soften us up before the championship vs JSU. Hey whatever it takes for the committee to get a new champion.

ISU just blew the doors off a team we lost to at home. We put ourselves in the spot we're in.

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2015, 05:26 AM

you know anything about Portland State?

MacThor
November 23rd, 2015, 09:52 AM

I had the same thought - first, when they got the 3 seed (get them out of the dome in the semis) and again when I saw their quarter-bracket.

Sycamore62
November 23rd, 2015, 10:01 AM
you know anything about Portland State?

If they dont make some money they will drop the program?

Is that what I heard last year?

Casey_Orourke
November 23rd, 2015, 03:30 PM
If they dont make some money they will drop the program?

Is that what I heard last year?

In 2013 PSU president said the football needed to be self-sufficient by the 2014-15 season. That is why we are currently scheduling 2 FBS games.

This year we got almost $1 million from Washington State and North Texas, with the added plus of two outstanding wins.

http://psuvikingtales.com/part-iii-wiewel-optimistic-on-athletic-finances/

FargoBison
November 23rd, 2015, 03:40 PM
One thing that really surprised me in the bracket was JMU at #5 and I know I had them at #6 but really I felt I was being generous with that.

A lot of people talk about MVFC stacking up one half the bracket but in my opinion the seeds are also stacked on that side as well. The way the bracket was constructed was really pathetic.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2015, 03:42 PM

Here you go: http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/simple-ratings-system

It's just a good thing Dartmouth isn't in the playoffs, the committee might've dropped NDSU even further.

MTfan4life
November 23rd, 2015, 03:52 PM

Since when do polls have anything to do with the way the committee seeds? Eastern Washington was ranked #1 in 2010 and they were given the #5 seed. Straight and simple, Illinois State had one FCS loss and NDSU had 2. Sure NDSU beat SDSU, but as BisonTru said, Illinois State roughed up South Dakota. In 5 years, NDSU has played Montana State, Eastern Washington, Robert Morris, James Madison, Lehigh, Georgia Southern twice, Sam Houston State three times, South Dakota State twice, Wofford, Furman, Coastal Carolina twice, New Hampshire, Towson, and Illinois State. That's 14 different teams from 8 different conferences, but now in 2015 when they might have to play multiple MVFC teams, all of a sudden there's a big "unfair" conspiracy against NDSU?

MSUBobcat
November 23rd, 2015, 04:10 PM
Here you go: http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/simple-ratings-system

It's just a good thing Dartmouth isn't in the playoffs, the committee might've dropped NDSU even further.

I wish they would have dropped NDSU further (#4 or #%5). Then I wouldn't have to keep reading the BS conspiracy theory that keeps spewing from some Bison fans' mouths. Regionalization + "western teams" getting 3 of 4 seeds on one side of the bracket = almost all "western teams" in one bracket. Combine that with 2 TX teams, one being seeded 4th, and SUU as a flight to any opponent, and I don't see what could change without changing a bus trip to a flight, which is their primary motivation with regionalization (first round rematches notwithstanding).

Bisonator
November 23rd, 2015, 04:17 PM
Didn't they fly Illinois State to App State in round 1 and then all the way out to EWU in round 2 one year? Or was that later rounds?

Redbird 13
November 23rd, 2015, 05:09 PM
Didn't they fly Illinois State to App State in round 1 and then all the way out to EWU in round 2 one year? Or was that later rounds?

Yep.

And then last year after hosting UNI, we went to Eastern Washington in the quarters and New Hampshire in the semis.

Bisonoline
November 23rd, 2015, 06:43 PM
So you guys were the ones who put the ncaa in the poor house.xlolx

Sam_Kats
November 23rd, 2015, 07:46 PM
So by my math, the longest current playoff streak is NDSU @ 6 years.
Sam Houston has made it 5 years straight. Anyone else? CCU? UNH?

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2015, 07:47 PM
I wish they would have dropped NDSU further (#4 or #%5). Then I wouldn't have to keep reading the BS conspiracy theory that keeps spewing from some Bison fans' mouths. Regionalization + "western teams" getting 3 of 4 seeds on one side of the bracket = almost all "western teams" in one bracket. Combine that with 2 TX teams, one being seeded 4th, and SUU as a flight to any opponent, and I don't see what could change without changing a bus trip to a flight, which is their primary motivation with regionalization (first round rematches notwithstanding).
They could've fed Colgate/UNH into Portland State and EIU/UNI into JMU. Both are flights regardless since they're all outside of 400 miles from their potential 2nd round opponent although Colgate/UNH is obviously closer to JMU than EIU/UNI would be. It would've split the MVFC teams up a little bit and evened out the bracket.

So by my math, the longest current playoff streak is NDSU @ 6 years.
Sam Houston has made it 5 years straight. Anyone else? CCU? UNH?
I'm pretty sure UNH is at something like 12 years now.

Sam_Kats
November 23rd, 2015, 07:51 PM
Ah, there you go. Lazy research to blame.

herd13
November 23rd, 2015, 08:42 PM
Do this many ADs and conference reps usually speak up negatively about the playoff bracket? I've seen a couple tweets and listened to a conference commish on the radio this morning. It seems to me they are doing a bit more professional complaining to the NCAA this year.