PDA

View Full Version : Will Another School Steal Your Coach?

65 Pard
December 11th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Any coaches headed for the big time? or another 1AA school?...

catbob
December 11th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Kramer is possibly going to Idaho, if you can call that big time.

ncguitarplyr
December 11th, 2006, 05:55 PM
nope...ours is too close to retiring

blukeys
December 11th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Right now, I'm not sure if I'd be upset if that happenned.

KAUMASS
December 11th, 2006, 06:10 PM
UMass's former head coach, Mark Whipple, who won the NC in '98, is rumored as a leading candidate with BC. Whipple has been the q-backs coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers the last few years..With Cowher possibly stepping down after this year, I would not be surprised to see Whipple get and take the job.

Cobblestone
December 11th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Looks like Whipple got a good endorsement.

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/football/articles/2006/12/11/boston_college_interviews_steelers_qb_coach_whippl e/

To answer the original question. I don't have to worry about any other school taking my team's coach. Although I wish someone would.

BrevardMountaineer03
December 11th, 2006, 08:41 PM
nope...ours is too close to retiring

I also think that there is no Chancellor/President like Peacock! That man is firmly behind ASU football! I think it's great that he has so much support for our team, he's not just a stiff in an office, :eyebrow: He's actually human!!:eyebrow:

aggie6thman
December 11th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Coach Biggs' name has been in the rumor mill for some open vacancies, including the stanfurd position. He is a local product, grew up in Vacaville (about 20 minutes away) and graduated from UC Davis. He has been with the program for a long time. He also has a son who just started his first year at UCD.

I know it is a longshot to lose him due to all of the factors, but his name continues to be left on the list.

redbirdtim
December 11th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Denver says this is where he wants to be. Likely extension (he announced it on radio but the school has not said anything).

He couldn't get a job at any BS schools he's interviewed with as a coordinator/line coach prior to this season, so I doubt he will get hired away as a head coach unless it's to North Texas or some lesser BS schools.

Peems
December 11th, 2006, 10:17 PM
anytime the griz lose there are rumors but mostly rumors and there are always too many to explain.

Mountaineer#96
December 11th, 2006, 10:25 PM
no one gonna get Ole Coach Moore

appfan2008
December 11th, 2006, 10:40 PM
no one gonna get Ole Coach Moore

How many more years do you think Coach has left in him?

putter
December 11th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Hauck interviewed for the Stanford job..

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/12/sports/ncaafootball/12stanford.html?_r=1&ref=sports&oref=slogin

Peems
December 11th, 2006, 11:57 PM
who will they take harbaugh or hauck?...probably neither.

CSUBUCDAD
December 12th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Jay Mills is looking around it seems. He applied for the Sam Houston spot but is not considered a short list candidate. If he has another year next year like he had this year I don't see him sticking around CSU much longer without some significant facility upgrades.

Freightliner
December 12th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Bailiff isnt going anywhere.

Pards Rule
December 12th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Tavani has been at LC since 1987. I'm sure folks wanna talk to him but he loves the small college feel in Easton.

Husky Alum
December 12th, 2006, 08:35 AM
UMass pilfered Benedict Brown from us.

There was an article on the front page of the Boston Globe's sport section today that indicated Dave Clawson from Richmond could potentially be a candidate at UCH - I guess Clawson and UCH AD Gene DeFilippo go back to their days together at Villanova.

Pard94
December 12th, 2006, 08:50 AM
I live in perpetual fear that someone will woo Bob Heffner away from Lafayette. I know he is quite happy as the Assistant Head Coach but I am sure he wants to run his own show if he can find the right opportunity. It is no secret that he one of the best coaches in our league and a huge factor in Lafayette's return to the top of the PL. Without a doubt he is the best OL coach maybe on the East Coast.

NoCoDanny
December 12th, 2006, 08:54 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say our coach is really, really, safe. :bawling:

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2006, 09:42 AM
How many more years do you think Coach has left in him?
I would say about 5-6 tops

Pards Rule
December 12th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I live in perpetual fear that someone will woo Bob Heffner away from Lafayette. I know he is quite happy as the Assistant Head Coach but I am sure he wants to run his own show if he can find the right opportunity. It is no secret that he one of the best coaches in our league and a huge factor in Lafayette's return to the top of the PL. Without a doubt he is the best OL coach maybe on the East Coast.

Agreed 94...Heff is a prince! I listened at the rail at the Holy Cross game and he was "reminding" the guys "you're doing the same ***** we see EVERY week on tape - so get it together or I'm playing your backups - GOT IT?!?" They got it!

Husky Alum
December 12th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I don't think Rocky Hager is going anywhere. There's only one place I could possibly see him go... back to NDSU.

NDSU Fans, if you job were to open up for some reason, do you think that Rocky would be a candidate??

I know there were some harsh feelings when he left, but based on what people in Fargo told me when we played there, the guy is practically an icon.

OhioHen
December 12th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Any coaches headed for the big time? or another 1AA school?...

Watson Brown left "big time" UAB to take the job at Tennessee Tech.

Suppose we'll be hearing an ESPN crew tell us about how Brown "used to coach at I-A - that's why he's been successful at this level" any time soon? xlolx

Killtoppers90
December 12th, 2006, 11:53 AM
I was hoping someone would WANT our coach because I certainly do not! Elson is not the man to lead the Toppers into the FCS (?) or 1-A. Missing the playoffs for the third year in a row? Come on!

Gil Dobie
December 12th, 2006, 12:16 PM
I don't think Rocky Hager is going anywhere. There's only one place I could possibly see him go... back to NDSU.

NDSU Fans, if you job were to open up for some reason, do you think that Rocky would be a candidate??

I know there were some harsh feelings when he left, but based on what people in Fargo told me when we played there, the guy is practically an icon.

The harsh feelings were with the former pervert AD. I believe NDSU talked with Rocky prior to hiring Bohl. It's been three years, so my memory could be off.

Husky Alum, how do you like Rocky as a coach?

ncbears
December 12th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say our coach is really, really, safe. :bawling:

Geeshh NoCo, it was Downings first year and you want him out already??

Give him a couple years. Things will turn around.

CollegeSportsInfo
December 12th, 2006, 01:11 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say our coach is really, really, safe. :bawling: Punters though, don't have such safety.

appfan2008
December 12th, 2006, 02:40 PM
I was hoping someone would WANT our coach because I certainly do not! Elson is not the man to lead the Toppers into the FCS (?) or 1-A. Missing the playoffs for the third year in a row? Come on!

Marietta Georgia???
thats awesome I am from there as well

kats89
December 12th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Jay Mills is looking around it seems. He applied for the Sam Houston spot but is not considered a short list candidate. If he has another year next year like he had this year I don't see him sticking around CSU much longer without some significant facility upgrades.

He applied for the Stephen F Austin job, not SHSU.

I wish someone would steal Whitten. SFA could have him since he is an alum there. However, he already said he had no interest in the SFA job. Pretty bad when your own is not even interested in former alma mater, especially when they pay more money.:nod: xlolx

DTSpider
December 12th, 2006, 05:48 PM
UMass pilfered Benedict Brown from us.

There was an article on the front page of the Boston Globe's sport section today that indicated Dave Clawson from Richmond could potentially be a candidate at UCH - I guess Clawson and UCH AD Gene DeFilippo go back to their days together at Villanova.

Clawson reportedly will interview this week (according to the Richmond papers).

Peems
December 12th, 2006, 07:49 PM
our local news officially announced that Bobby hauck is a finalist for the stanford job along with harbaugh, Fassel, and James Lofton.

ereiz03
December 12th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Harbaugh was offered the Tulane job but turned it down. If he is offered the Stanford job, he may very well leave for there.

Peems
December 12th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Harbaugh was offered the Tulane job but turned it down. If he is offered the Stanford job, he may very well leave for there.

question to anyone who wants to answer, if you were stanford, who would you take between harbaugh and hauck?

slostang
December 12th, 2006, 09:13 PM
question to anyone who wants to answer, if you were stanford, who would you take between harbaugh and hauck?
I think both would do well at Stanford. Harbaugh has a higher name recognition and is better know to California recruits and Stanford Alums, but Hauck has coached at a higher level of competition at a program with very high expectations. Good luck to both.

aggie6thman
December 12th, 2006, 09:17 PM
I think both would do well at Stanford. Harbaugh has a higher name recognition and is better know to California recruits and Stanford Alums, but Hauck has coached at a higher level of competition at a program with very high expectations. Good luck to both.

I don't know if Harbaugh would look good to stanfurd alums. He does that that DUI arrest and from what I have seen this year, a complete a$$. He throws for the endzone when he is up 40 and runs his mouth before games. I think somebody that is as rough around the edges as him wouldn't fit in well in Palo Alto.

Hauck has proven that he can continuosly win. I think that he is the better fit down on the "other farm."