PDA

View Full Version : A Fan's Guide to the Final Saturday

TypicalTribe
November 21st, 2015, 08:51 AM
For those of you wondering what to look for and when in terms of playoff implications on the season's final day:

12:00
W&M at Richmond - Tribe wins the CAA title with a win and still maybe with a loss; Spiders don't want to finish with 3 straight losses
Villanova at JMU - Dukes should be a lock but Wildcats need a win to get in. Both could still share CAA title
St Francis (PA) at Duquesne - Playoffs start a week early with NEC title on the line in Pittsburgh

1:00
Maine at New Hampshire - Wildcats need a lot of help to keep playoff streak alive, but need to win the Musket first
NCCU at NC A&T - Aggies look to polish off the MEAC title; a loss and things could get a little crazy
South Dakota at Illinois State - Redbirds look to lock down a seed and at least a share of the MVFC title

2:00
South Dakota State at Western Illinois - Jackrabbits look to lock down a seed
Eastern Kentucky at Eastern Illinois - Winner likely gets an at-large out of the OVC
Rhode Island at Towson - Tigers look for a win to finish 7-4 and stay alive in the at-large discussion
Murray State at Jax St - JSU looks to lock down an anticipated #1 seed

2:10
Montana at Montana State - Grizzlies should be in with a win in the Brawl of the Wild; outside shot at BSC crown as well

2:30
Bethune-Cookman at FAMU - MEAC at-large bids aren't popular, but they do happen; BCC looks to stay alive

3:00
Chatty at Florida State - Hopefully no injuries and a chance to impress the committee with a good showing against the Noles

3:30
Missouri State at NDSU - Shouldn't be competitive as Bison look to lock down another MVFC crown and a top seed

4:00
Chuck South at Alabama - Same as Chatty: No injuries but a shot at impressing the committee and sneaking a seed

5:00
Northern Arizona at Southern Utah - SUU can off the BSC title and NAU needs a win to get in; loser probably out
Southern Illinois at Northern Iowa - Panthers win and get in with a likely home game
Portland State at Eastern Washington - PSU playing for a possible seed, but struggling Eagles playing for an at-large

7:00
McNeese at Lamar - Cowboys look to finish off a 10-0 season and a good case for a top 4 seed
Sam Houston at Central Arkansas - Winner gets in and loser goes home; great way to close the season

9:05
North Dakota at Cal Poly - It's unlikely, but it's possible North Dakota could be playing for the last at-large spot

Should be a great day of action from 12:00 to who knows when? Good luck to all the teams and fans out there.

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2015, 08:58 AM
Nice post

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2015, 08:58 AM
I'd only add the NAU/SUU winner is likely in, the loser out. Great work.

Cocky
November 21st, 2015, 09:17 AM
Murray State @ JSU 1:00 CST

Grizzlies82
November 21st, 2015, 09:18 AM
Thank you Tribe fan for a very nice summary. It will be an interesting day.

Good luck to all (except you know who).
Go Griz!!!!!

veinup
November 21st, 2015, 09:24 AM
thanks for writing that up!

also, The Final Saturday makes me a little sad. :(

what a crazy season it has been. good luck to everyone except the bobcats.

dewey
November 21st, 2015, 09:31 AM
Nice post! One little thing is that it is the MVFC not the MVC.

Dewey

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2015, 09:41 AM
Also, first football game for the North Dakota Fighting Hawks.

ElCid
November 21st, 2015, 10:24 AM
I think you missed one.

1200 on SEC2 - The Citadel at South Carolina. While I will not say that we are already definitely in, I will say we probably are. But with a win or even a close game, then most assuredly we are. And if there is any shot at collecting an FBS scalp this week, it is this game. I will see how it goes. The bad part about these games is how fast they can sometimes get out of hand.

kdinva
November 21st, 2015, 12:14 PM
thanks for all the info.........of course, that one 9 PM game + early voting = cups of coffee.

Southern Bison
November 21st, 2015, 12:15 PM
I think you missed one.

1200 on SEC2 - The Citadel at South Carolina. While I will not say that we are already definitely in, I will say we probably are. But with a win or even a close game, then most assuredly we are. And if there is any shot at collecting an FBS scalp this week, it is this game. I will see how it goes. The bad part about these games is how fast they can sometimes get out of hand.
I like the chances for current & former (GaSo) SoCon teams to take a bite out of their in-state "SEC big brother".

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
November 21st, 2015, 01:00 PM
thanks for all the info.........of course, that one 9 PM game + early voting = cups of coffee.

Yes, that one and the timing really blows.

I said thanks in a rep but this was cool TT, nice job.