PDA

View Full Version : Additional Seating in Chatty???

appfan2008
December 11th, 2006, 10:11 AM
On this site a few days ago I read that Finley Stadium may be willing to bring in temporary seating. Is this going to be a reality now that ASU fans are running out of seats? I believe the quote was something like "they will appsolutely not turn any fans away"

Will someone either confirm or deny this rumor?
And if it is true when can we start buying those tickets?

December 11th, 2006, 10:37 AM
there's always the grass hill in the one end zone...

ncguitarplyr
December 11th, 2006, 10:38 AM
i hope its true even though i already got my ticket

appfan2008
December 11th, 2006, 10:40 AM
there's always the grass hill in the one end zone...

Will you be able to buy tickets for that hill?

December 11th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Will you be able to buy tickets for that hill?
general admission but there is not clear indication right at this moment that it will be needed.

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2006, 12:28 PM
I haven't talked to Merrill this week...he is a busy man right now and I hate bothering him if I don't have to. But, when I talked to him about this exact same subject last year, this is what I was told...

What they will do is that if it is confirmed sellout, they will, at minimum, sell standing room only tickets (with no seat numbers) where you can either stand in the "plaza" on the West end, which some people do anyway since it is elevated, the view isn't bad (or they will probably allow people to sit on the hill on South)...if they get a good amount of SRO tickets sold, they will actually bring in some temp bleachers to put on the ends.

The reasoning is, if there are just 50 or a 100 over a sellout, it is not worth renting a bunch of bleachers (because people will probably disperse into the crowd, or will stand in the plaza)...but if there are say, 500 or more, then they would need to actually have a place to sit (and honestly, I don't think they want to make a lot of people sit on the side of the hill...they would rather have seats for them for such an important game). I assume they would just bring some temp bleachers from BellSouth Park.

If in the next day or two it is a confirmed sellout, I will call Merrill and get something definitive...but as I said before...they will do everything humanly possible to get a ticket for everyone that wants one...it is kind of similar to a game at App...they have enough space to go way over official seating capacity.

spoogemcgee18
December 11th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Do you guys really think this game is going to sell out? I don't think there's a chance in hell, but what do I know? Although App fans are having trouble getting tickets on their side, there should be plenty on the home side.

Lizzie_ASUband
December 11th, 2006, 12:42 PM
i def. think that this one is going to be a sell out

BigApp
December 11th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I think it'd be a cool place to sit if they placed temps the width the plaza above the field house (facing the scoreboard) and filled them up!

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2006, 12:49 PM
I think it'd be a cool place to sit if they placed temps the width the plaza above the field house (facing the scoreboard) and filled them up!

I think that is where they would put them first (believe it or not, before they placed any on the hill end). The Plaza end is easier to set them up (and, as you intimated, you can see the big scoreboard)

As for a sellout, it could happen...a record number of local tickets sold and a record number of ASU fans are coming...and the weather is supposed to be just about perfect....sunny and 59 on Friday

BigApp
December 11th, 2006, 01:01 PM
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2006, 01:03 PM
been on hold now for 30 minutes with that ASU office..

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2006, 01:16 PM
been on hold now for 30 minutes with that ASU office..

and its official...ASU has sold out of the school allotment...I guess my only hope is general admission...

Griswold
December 11th, 2006, 01:25 PM
and its official...ASU has sold out of the school allotment...I guess my only hope is general admission...

Call the UMass ticket office! :nod: :nod:

BigApp
December 11th, 2006, 01:26 PM
CM, looks like this idea has moved one step closer to reality!

appfan2008
December 11th, 2006, 02:56 PM
they should offer SRO tickets very soon

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 03:04 PM
NOTE: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ANNOUNCE SRO TICKETS SOON!

I've already got mine, but I've been talking to friends and just got back from an exam where literally half the students in the class were b****ing about not being able to get tickets. If something isn't announced soon, these students will go home for the holidays and Chatty will miss out on extra revenue (and ASU will of course miss out on more fans). Chatty can be PACKED if they do something SOON, as in by tomorrow morning.

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 03:06 PM
btw, for any App fans that were not standing in line all morning with me, it seemed like half of the people waiting in line were freshmen up here. I think we've really got a great upcoming class of ASU football fans!

appfan2008
December 11th, 2006, 04:54 PM
I just wish the Chatty people would sell GA tix on the hill soon so we can get as many there as want to go

ncguitarplyr
December 11th, 2006, 04:57 PM
SRO tickets will be available here when they are available:
http://sabo.seatadvisor.com/sabo/servlets/EventSearch?searchMode=presenter&presenter=UTCA&venue=finley

appfan2008
December 11th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Do you know when they will be available?

mtoliver
December 11th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Put a good word in for us Chattanoogamocs.... App was officially sold out of their alotment at 1:15 p.m. today when I called. I checked through gomocs.com, but GA was sold out just after 11:00 a.m.

There are some tickets on ebay if anyone wants to go that route, but very few. For a conservative estimate, app fans would by hundreds more tickets (realisticly i'd say more than that.) There are people everywhere with 10-20 person groups that can't get in.

I hope they announce SRO/temp seats soon before everyone goes home for the holidays.

AppStateSVX
December 11th, 2006, 06:00 PM
dang, we didn't get any tickets in time....after waiting in line for 2 hours my friend told me. (i was at work all day)

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 11th, 2006, 06:13 PM
In 2004 when JMU played at William & Mary....the game was sold out......my son said a few fans blended in with the band and marched in with them........I guess no one saw them.......there's an option for you.......lol

FightMass
December 11th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Apparently there are large numbers of ASU fans calling the UMass ticket office. VERY not cool.

GaSouthern
December 11th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Apparently there are large numbers of ASU fans calling the UMass ticket office. VERY not cool.

Rather see a full stadium than an empty one because Umass fans were slack.

meff
December 11th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Rather see a full stadium than an empty one because Umass fans were slack.

UMass fans have been having problems reaching the ticket office...I don't think we are being slack. But if UMass didn't sell them they go back to Chatty by Thursday at the latest and ASU fans would buy them up then anyhow.

mountain man
December 11th, 2006, 07:12 PM

Not cool is going to the national championship, having over 22k students and not being able to sell 1,000 tix.

AppStateSVX
December 11th, 2006, 07:14 PM

and why is that? obviously they really want to go. I hate how the tickets were sold to locals before the schools could sell as many as were being demanded first

meff
December 11th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Not cool is going to the national championship, having over 22k students and not being able to sell 1,000 tix.

Give us our chance to sell 1,000 tickets first! :bang: :bang: :bang:

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 07:35 PM
and why is that? obviously they really want to go. I hate how the tickets were sold to locals before the schools could sell as many as were being demanded first
Yea thats what I dislike the most. Allowing a ton of locals to buy them up. Nothing against Chattanoogans, but I would much rather have actual fans of the two teams fill up the stadium. A bunch of indifferent locals staying quiet throughout the game will suck.

mountain man
December 11th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Give us our chance to sell 1,000 tickets first! :bang: :bang: :bang:

LOL How long do you need?xidiotx

Cincy App
December 11th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Yea thats what I dislike the most. Allowing a ton of locals to buy them up. Nothing against Chattanoogans, but I would much rather have actual fans of the two teams fill up the stadium. A bunch of indifferent locals staying quiet throughout the game will suck.

It's expected for a championship host to support the event. I applaud Chattanooga for their local ticket sales. However, they should also have a contingency plan in case participating schools want large numbers of tickets. Their SRO plan or lack of it is quite inadequate. They are about to fail in this regard if they don't start selling SRO's. Whatever happened to "not wanting to turn people away"?

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 08:01 PM
It's expected for a championship host to support the event. I applaud Chattanooga for their local ticket sales. However, they should also have a contingency plan in case participating schools want large numbers of tickets. Their SRO plan or lack of it is quite inadequate. They are about to fail in this regard if they don't start selling SRO's. Whatever happened to "not wanting to turn people away"?
Yes its great to see the local support in Chattanooga, but I don't see how they should get the first chance at the tickets. Their team is nowhere near the playoffs, so the 2 teams that actually made it should get the first shot at them.

AppStateSVX
December 11th, 2006, 08:08 PM
ok, i'm desperate. does ANYONE know where I can get 5 tickets? [email protected] is my email or veritas731 on AIM. we already have a hotel for that friday...and waited over 2 hours in line only to get shut down. PLEASE

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 08:12 PM
ok, i'm desperate. does ANYONE know where I can get 5 tickets? [email protected] is my email or veritas731 on AIM. we already have a hotel for that friday...and waited over 2 hours in line only to get shut down. PLEASE
5!!! I don't know, but gomocs.com is supposedly gonna put up some SRO tickets sometime. No idea when though, and no idea if the limit will allow for 5 at a time. Good luck.

Cincy App
December 11th, 2006, 08:15 PM

Page 7 of the "ASU Allotment" thread has an option through a Chattanooga law firm also. Keep trying guys! We need you there!

Griswold
December 11th, 2006, 08:26 PM

It took 10 years for a sell out so I don't blame them for selling to the locals.

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 08:55 PM
It took 10 years for a sell out so I don't blame them for selling to the locals.
It would have been a sellout either way.

tralfangar
December 11th, 2006, 09:00 PM
It would have been a sellout either way.

how did they know we were going to win???

I know all of you are frustrated with the situation, but you are being ridiculous. You are all acting like you've never experienced a big time atmosphere before...this is how it works. I guarantee there will be tickets available day of and like someone said either here or mmb if you wait until after kickoff someone will want to unload them for either cost or less. CALM DOWN and give it a couple days. It's only Monday!!

AppStateSVX
December 11th, 2006, 09:02 PM
freaking people are selling them on eBay for around 150 for two!! that is a DISGRACE, they should be kicked square in the goods for being dirty like that. Students can't afford to pay that much

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 09:02 PM

I know all of you are frustrated with the situation, but you are being ridiculous. You are all acting like you've never experienced a big time atmosphere before...this is how it works. I guarantee there will be tickets available day of and like someone said either here or mmb if you wait until after kickoff someone will want to unload them for either cost or less. CALM DOWN and give it a couple days. It's only Monday!!
Its not hard to keep all the tix unsold until AFTER the games. Really its not that ridiculous of a request at all.

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 09:03 PM
freaking people are selling them on eBay for around 150 for two!! that is a DISGRACE, they should be kicked square in the goods for being dirty like that. Students can't afford to pay that much
People are bidding that high, they aren't all setting them that high.

GGASU
December 11th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Chatty was in a catch 22.

If ASU doesn't make it to the finals with the other top teams being so far away, they needed to sell a lot of tickets to locals. This way the game looks good for TV and the city gets to keep the game.

Now that ASU did make the finals the city is losing out on a large amount of revenue.

The Mountaineers could have easily sold another 5000 tickets if not 7500 more.

That is a lot of money for local businesses to lose!

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Chatty was in a catch 22.

If ASU doesn't make it to the finals with the other top teams being so far away, they needed to sell a lot of tickets to locals. This way the game looks good for TV and the city gets to keep the game.

Now that ASU did make the finals the city is losing out on a large amount of revenue.

The Mountaineers could have easily sold another 5000 tickets if not 7500 more.

That is a lot of money for local businesses to lose!
I wonder how many of those locals will sell their tickets on Ebay or scalp them. Thats what pisses me off the most.

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Yes its great to see the local support in Chattanooga, but I don't see how they should get the first chance at the tickets. Their team is nowhere near the playoffs, so the 2 teams that actually made it should get the first shot at them.

Chattanooga has been bashed on here by other fans for fricking years that they don't support the game and don't care...the Sports Committee has busted its ass to get more local support...they accomplish their mission and now people are complaining about it.

Don't get mad at Chattanooga for doing a good job...the job the NCAA demanded of them (part of the requirement in our contract is based on a guaranteeing a set number of local tickets sold)

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2006, 09:09 PM

What he said. ;)

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Chattanooga has been bashed on here by other fans for fricking years that they don't support the game and don't care...the Sports Committee has busted its ass to get more local support...they accomplish their mission and now people are complaining about it.

Don't get mad at Chattanooga for doing a good job...the job the NCAA demanded of them (part of the requirement in our contract is based on a guaranteeing a set number of local tickets sold)
Ok, sorry didn't know that. Congrats on the local support. Now for anyone who doesn't care to go but has a ticket please give it up to a deserving fan.

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Ok, sorry didn't know that. Congrats on the local support. Now for anyone who doesn't care to go but has a ticket please give it up to a deserving fan.

As GGASU said, it is a catch 22...I understand the frustration...so does the sports committee

The director is doing everything he can to stick as many in as possible...when I talked to him, you could tell he was frustrated trying to figure out ingenious ways to accommodate more.

thmst30
December 11th, 2006, 09:32 PM
As GGASU said, it is a catch 22...I understand the frustration...so does the sports committee

The director is doing everything he can to stick as many in as possible...when I talked to him, you could tell he was frustrated trying to figure out ingenious ways to accommodate more.
Yea, I understand it. Again its great to see the locals supporting it and wanting to keep it. Its a damn nice stadium for an FCS team. Hope he can come up with some great ways to get more fans in, but keep it safe at the same time.

appfan2008
December 11th, 2006, 10:24 PM
I am proud of what Chatty has done and i applaud them... I would just like to see them make more tickets availible

ncguitarplyr
December 11th, 2006, 10:28 PM
to get 2 tickets on ebay they're going for around $150 right now....sucks to be them...id definitly pay it though if thats what it came to...but if i were them id wait for those SRO tickets to become available

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Last year, the App tickets didn't sell out until wednesday. I think this probably has a lot to do with the band wagon fans...where were they before last year...when we hadn't made the playoffs in a while? I guess that just goes to show you what happens when you go on a streak.

I had exams this morning(thus no football game for me this past saturday, and no standing in line after for tickets), and called just after my exams...and they are sold out. Thats something to be depressed over...

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Last year, the App tickets didn't sell out until wednesday. I think this probably has a lot to do with the band wagon fans...where were they before last year...when we hadn't made the playoffs in a while? I guess that just goes to show you what happens when you go on a streak.

I had exams this morning(thus no football game for me this past saturday, and no standing in line after for tickets), and called just after my exams...and they are sold out. Thats something to be depressed over...

I guess there are always hopes of sitting on the grass...General admission...I ain't too good for that...

December 11th, 2006, 11:23 PM
just think, you could have bought tickets for $10 each just a week or two ago...

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2006, 11:41 PM
just think, you could have bought tickets for $10 each just a week or two ago...

I went online last week...and there were only tickets available in the upper decks. I set upper deck last year, and wasnt impressed. We were right smack in the middle of the "wine and cheese" crowd.

I wanted lower deck, and i ended up in the cold.

I guess thats what you call ending up on bad side of a gamble.

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2006, 11:50 PM
I wonder how many of those locals will sell their tickets on Ebay or scalp them. Thats what pisses me off the most.

I was noticing on ebay that right now there are 13 auctions on ebay for tickets...

breakdown by state (from where the seller lives)

1 in Atlanta
1 in Chas, SC
1 in Virginia
1 in NH
1 in "ASU Country"
3 in Boone, NC
4 in other parts of North Carolina

Looks like the ebayer's are mainly ASU fans trying to make a buck off their own brethren. :nono:

(and an UNH fan that took a chance early :))

http://tickets.listings.ebay.com/_Event-Tickets_Tennessee-Other-December-15_W0QQa1ZQ2d24QQa10ZQ2d11QQa2Z1171QQa40ZQ2d24QQa4 4811ZQ2d24QQa44812Z35704QQa9Z1077QQalistZa40Q2ca37 Q2ca9Q2ca10Q2ca1Q2ca2Q2ca63Q2ca10399Q2ca10400Q2ca4 4812Q2ca44811Q2ca3928QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompare QQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQcurcatZtrueQQfc lZ3QQfposZQ5AIPQ2fPostalQQfromZR2QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2Q QftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQgcsZ1QQpf_queryZQQpfidZ1QQpfmodeZ 1QQreqtypeZ2QQsacatZ16122QQsadisZ200QQsaprchiZQQsa prcloZQQsaslcZ2QQsatitleZQQsbrftogZ1QQsocmdZListin gItemListQQsofocusZpf

HiHiYikas
December 11th, 2006, 11:56 PM
I was noticing on ebay that right now there are 13 auctions on ebay for tickets...

1 in Atlanta
1 in Chas, SC
1 in Virginia
1 in NH
1 in "ASU Country"
3 in Boone, NC

Looks like the ebayer's are mainly ASU fans trying to make a buck off their own brethren. :nono:

Sold mine at a touch over face value ($35 each) - seats in a section that are at something like $150 each on eBay.

I feel honest and stupid at the same time

chattanoogamocs
December 12th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Sold mine at a touch over face value ($35 each) - seats in a section that are at something like $150 each on eBay.

I feel honest and stupid at the same time

take pride in your fairness to others!

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2006, 12:05 AM
:thumbsup: i would have dropped you $50 :nod: :nod: :nod:

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2006, 12:07 AM

1 in Atlanta
1 in Chas, SC
1 in Virginia
1 in NH
1 in "ASU Country"
3 in Boone, NC

http://tickets.listings.ebay.com/_Event-Tickets_Tennessee-Other-December-15_W0QQa1ZQ2d24QQa10ZQ2d11QQa2Z1171QQa40ZQ2d24QQa4 4811ZQ2d24QQa44812Z35704QQa9Z1077QQalistZa40Q2ca37 Q2ca9Q2ca10Q2ca1Q2ca2Q2ca63Q2ca10399Q2ca10400Q2ca4 4812Q2ca44811Q2ca3928QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompare QQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQcurcatZtrueQQfc lZ3QQfposZQ5AIPQ2fPostalQQfromZR2QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2Q QftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQgcsZ1QQpf_queryZQQpfidZ1QQpfmodeZ 1QQreqtypeZ2QQsacatZ16122QQsadisZ200QQsaprchiZQQsa prcloZQQsaslcZ2QQsatitleZQQsbrftogZ1QQsocmdZListin gItemListQQsofocusZpf
Thats messed up, someone message those guys..............it could be that they are UNC or NCSU fans and they are just jealous. :)

December 12th, 2006, 12:09 AM
take pride in your fairness to others!Next year AGS will buy 50 for members.

appfan2008
December 12th, 2006, 09:59 AM
That would be awesome Ralph