PDA

View Full Version : MSU's Kramer a popular choice for Idaho opening!

CCU2003
December 10th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Spent some time talking with someone close to U of I and Kramer is an alumni favorite, with Harbaugh getting some mention. I guess Kramer has shown interest in the last two openings with the Vandals and given the current state of things there- Im sure they'll want to go with someone with a little more staying power.

Peems
December 10th, 2006, 10:46 PM
this has been getting a lot of talk on both montana school boards(mainly BN) the only thing i fear is that if kramer leaves, Mike Van Diest(head coach at NAIA Carroll College back to back to back to back national champs, lost this year in second round of playoffs) will go there and he is my hope to replace BH when he leaves.

Grizalltheway
December 11th, 2006, 12:36 AM
I'm still suspicious of Van Diest being shown griz vision during the SIU game. Don't think they would do that just because he was there...

JALMOND
December 11th, 2006, 02:43 AM
Spent some time talking with someone close to U of I and Kramer is an alumni favorite, with Harbaugh getting some mention. I guess Kramer has shown interest in the last two openings with the Vandals and given the current state of things there- Im sure they'll want to go with someone with a little more staying power.

The Vandal job is really a tough sell. The Idaho campus is truly in the shadow of Wazzu in more ways than one. I really cannot see Kramer leaving MSU for it. Harbaugh, even with his own delusions of grandeur, I cannot see him moving up to Moscow, for no other reason than the one you gave (I doubt Harbaugh would stay there for even two years before moving on).

My guess is someone from the remaining coaching staff will be promoted.

bcrawf
December 11th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Gee, Idaho really improved their program by going I-A...

CCU2003
December 11th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Sounds like its starting to heat up! Kramer to Idaho?

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061211/SPORTS/612110321

Catbooster
December 11th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Our (MSU's) AD has been quoted in the newspaper saying that Idaho has contacted him about talking to Kramer. Last year it sounded like Kramer had a good shot at the Idaho job until Erickson said he would be interested. Rumor is that Kramer was #2 on their list. He expressed interest in the past.

Kramer is an Idaho alum and played there. His family farm is near there. The pay would probably be 2-3x what he makes here. It would certainly be a challenging job.

Link to a thread on Bobcatnation discussing this:

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard/viewtopic.php?t=8910&start=140

sdgriz24
December 11th, 2006, 05:34 PM
The Vandal job is really a tough sell. The Idaho campus is truly in the shadow of Wazzu in more ways than one. I really cannot see Kramer leaving MSU for it. Harbaugh, even with his own delusions of grandeur, I cannot see him moving up to Moscow, for no other reason than the one you gave (I doubt Harbaugh would stay there for even two years before moving on).

My guess is someone from the remaining coaching staff will be promoted.

Idaho is Kramer's Alma Mater maybe thats why he wants it every year.

CCU2003
December 11th, 2006, 05:40 PM
As of this afternoon, Kramer has not been contacted regarding an interview....

Catbooster
December 12th, 2006, 10:22 AM
He has been contacted and is to have a phone conversation with them today (tuesday). He has said he is very interested, but wants them to move fast since it is recruiting time. Interview with him on the evening news, and numerous print media.

December 12th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Heard it could be a done deal today.

chuges1
December 12th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Heard it could be a done deal today.

Ya those of us on Bobcat Nation have heard rumors that a press conference was to be on at 3:00 in Bozeman and In Moscow....although not sure...haha therefor a rumor.

GOKATS
December 12th, 2006, 06:13 PM
So far no word one way or the other.

CCU2003
December 13th, 2006, 11:32 AM
I believe the deal is done! Kramer is the new head FB coach at Idaho.....Where does that leave MSU?

http://www.ktvb.com/sports/

catdaddy2402
December 13th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Dang...if he had just held out another week or so Alabama would have eventually gotten to his spot on their list.xlolx

AZGrizFan
December 13th, 2006, 01:07 PM
I believe the deal is done! Kramer is the new head FB coach at Idaho.....Where does that leave MSU?

Bad news for the Griz. We'd better hope Hauck decides to take (or is offered) the Standford job in a hurry, or Van Deist is going to MSU-land. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

catbob
December 13th, 2006, 01:07 PM
I would love for Van Diest to coach here. :D

SoCon48
December 13th, 2006, 02:02 PM

Great time to leave with eveybody going to the slammer and all.xcoffeex

GOKATS
December 13th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Great time to leave with eveybody going to the slammer and all.xcoffeex

Smack board is -------------------------->

GOKATS
December 13th, 2006, 03:10 PM
To date no official word one way or the other from either school.

Anything else said is hearsay or rumor.

youwouldno
December 13th, 2006, 03:38 PM
The Van Deist worship seems a little odd to me, but I'll guess we'll find out when he takes over at MSU or UM.

SoCon48
December 13th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Smack board is -------------------------->
Sorry.

GOKATS
December 15th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Mike Kramer withdrew his name from the Idaho search.

> Bobcat Athletics Home
Choose Your News
Kramer to Stay at MSU
MSU Bobcats Bobcat Football News : 2006-12-15 : Bozeman, MT
By Bill Lamberty

Mike Kramer came to a decision regarding returning to his alma mater on Thursday

Mike Kramer withdrew his name from consideration for the head football coach position at Idaho on Thursday, opting to remain with the Montana State program he has built into a National Championship contender, Kramer said Friday in Bozeman.

"This is simply not the time for me to leave Montana State," said Kramer, who has won a pair of Big Sky Coach of the Year titles at MSU and one at Eastern Washington. "We are at a point in time where our current players deserve to know whether I'll remain, and where the recruits we've spent months trying to bring into the Bobcat program need to know. Idaho is a special place to me, but my heart is here."

MrTitleist
December 15th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Wow.. I thought he was as good as gone. Idaho wouldn't have been much of an improvement though.