PDA

View Full Version : VILLANOVA @ JAMES MADISON

Gangtackle11
November 15th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Playoff like atmosphere will be in the air as the rejuvenated Wildcats travel down south to take on the Dukes.

Villanova Wildcats (6-4 Overall; 5-2 CAA)
Head Coach: Andy Talley (36th season as Head Coach; 31st season @ Villanova)
Overall Record: 249-150-2 (Villanova 221-132-1)
2009 National Champions

James Madison University (8-2 Overall: 5-2 CAA)
Head Coach: Everett Withers (3rd season as Head Coach; 2nd season @ James Madison)
Overall Record: 24-12 (James Madison 17-6)
2004 National Champions

Overall Series:
James Madison leads 12-11 (Talley 12-11 vs. James Madison; Withers 0-1 vs. Villanova)

1st game:
James Madison won 42-3 (1993)

Last game:
Villanova won 49-31 (2014)

2014 Game Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-nyBhK81f0

grizband
November 15th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Many teams on the bubble hope James Madison wins next Saturday. Once thought to be completely out the playoff hunt, Villanova has crawled back into the fray; especially impressive considering the loss of Robertson weeks ago.

RootinFerDukes
November 15th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Everett only has three years of head coaching experience.
I'm not optimistic in this one. Villanova should win easily unless Schor has a career day. He did not look good at all against ud. Some of that was the poor performance by the o line.

Gangtackle11
November 15th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Many teams on the bubble hope James Madison wins next Saturday. Once thought to be completely out the playoff hunt, Villanova has crawled back into the fray; especially impressive considering the loss of Robertson weeks ago.

i'm sure, but Villanova got to the soft underbelly of their schedule reeling off 3 wins over Maine, Albany, & Rhode Island. That gave them enough momentum to knock off Richmond on Saturday. Tall task this Saturday at JMU, but the 'Cats are coming in confident.

grizband
November 15th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Not saying it isn't feasible, just asa fan of another team squarely on the bubble, I'll be rooting for James Madison.

Tribal
November 15th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Man, no idea how to pick this one with any level of confidence.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

UNHWildcat18
November 15th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Man, no idea how to pick this one with any level of confidence.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Agreed, just hoping JMU wins!

smilo
November 15th, 2015, 10:44 PM
I picked Richmond last week unequivocally and was thankfully wrong, but at the time, I thought the Cats would pull this off with nothing on the line like they did to Delaware two years back in epic fashion. I think they still will, but it's going to be painful and exciting at the same time. Gulyas will need to be huge like he was last game. He is our only hope, and he is clearly motivated enough to be the big play guy. We just need the O-line to show up. The secondary has been our biggest problem all year, but they don't have to be perfect for us to pull this out. Just as good as they were against Richmond.

32counter
November 15th, 2015, 11:07 PM
UR handed the game to Nova.Dominated by Spiders in all aspects including self inflicted 3 turnovers.2 in red zone with pick at 5 and fumble at 9.Both unforced errors.That's 14 points left off the board.Turnover by Spider KR fumble at UR 14.VU scored off unforced error.Spiders missed 1st PAT of season which turned out to be final score difference.Add it up it's a 22 point swing.How stupid.Shame on UR for screwing up under unfamiliar dusk lighting.

None of this nonsense will happen to JMU this Saturday as it plays in familiar surroundings under natural lighting.

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2015, 12:35 AM
UR handed the game to Nova.Dominated by Spiders in all aspects including self inflicted 3 turnovers.2 in red zone with pick at 5 and fumble at 9.Both unforced errors.That's 14 points left off the board.Turnover by Spider KR fumble at UR 14.VU scored off unforced error.Spiders missed 1st PAT of season which turned out to be final score difference.Add it up it's a 22 point swing.How stupid.Shame on UR for screwing up under unfamiliar dusk lighting.

None of this nonsense will happen to JMU this Saturday as it plays in familiar surroundings under natural lighting.

Talk about excuses being made for a very good Richmond team. Imagine being on a team that blames their loss on unfamiliar dusk lighting? I thought I had heard them all.

I was at the game as usual and also saw Villanova hand Richmond their 1st TD on a fumble that set them up in Villanova territory.

Our QB also fumbled in the 4th and that led to the last Richmond TD. The missed extra point was the result of our 6'7" All-CAA DE blocking the kick.

So if you want to play that silly game Villanova handed Richmond 2 of their 3 TDs on that chilly Saturday & may have been the reason for the blocked XP.

I know the Villanova offense had nothing to do with the 11 play 78 yard drive late in the 4th that gave Villanova the lead 21-20. Converting on a 4th down to score and actually executing on the PAT conversion. Please......

Richmond football team is too good to wallow in such excuses. The pressure of possibly dropping 3 straight & maybe even knocking the Spiders off the playoff charts is enough to make up such a silly set of excuses? I know you never thought 3 weeks ago after the thrilling win @ JMU that the Spiders would have to deal with the surging Wildcats of UNH & Nova down the stretch. All 3 quite possibly could be 7-4 after next week with Richmond without a win against either. That would be a kick in the pants now. I understand how you may need JMU to get it done for you guys.

As for JMU lets hope the Southern sun shines brightly on our visiting 'Cats. A tall task for these 'Cats for sure. What is comforting is Richmond found a way to beat the Dukes in Harrisonburg maybe lucky Villanova can too?

Sure hope so. I'd hate to have our season end on a inappropriate sun setting in Harrisonburg! Ha.

Play the game and check silly excuses at the gate!

Go Nova!!

32counter
November 16th, 2015, 01:56 AM
How silly of the Spiders to give Nova the game after dominating them.

Team Statistics (Final)
Villanova Football 2015 Season
#9 Richmond vs Villanova (Nov 14, 2015 at Villanova, Pa.)

RICHMOND VU

FIRST DOWNS................... 26 15
Passing..................... 15 10
Penalty..................... 2 1
NET YARDS RUSHING...........158 94
Rushing Attempts............ 42 29
Average Per Rush............ 3.8 3.2
Rushing Touchdowns.......... 3 1
Yards Gained Rushing........ 175 108
Yards Lost Rushing.......... 17 14
NET YARDS PASSING............. 283 202
Completions-Attempts-Int.... 20-32-1 17-26-0
Average Per Attempt......... 8.8 7.8
Average Per Completion...... 14.1 11.9
Passing Touchdowns.......... 0 2
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS........... 441 296
Total offense plays......... 74 55

Possession Time............... 34:09 25:46
Third-Down Conversions........ 10 of 14 4 of 12
Red-Zone Scores-Chances....... 3-5 3-3

Nova won't be so lucky in Harrisonburg,Va with a noon kickoff.

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2015, 06:58 AM

Team Statistics (Final)

RICHMOND VU

I think the appropriate line is "STATS ARE FOR LOSERS".

Bottom line instead of stating your Spiders will take care of business home vs. W&M you choose to say Nova won't be so lucky at JMU.

I know just a few short weeks ago the Spider Nation was giddy over a monumental win vs. an unbeaten JMU and ESPN Gameday there to boot!

What went unnoticed that same weekend was that Villanova & UNH won games vs. Maine & Rhode Island in unimpressive fashion.

Now fast forward 2 weeks and both schools with Wildcats as their nickname have 3 game win streaks and hung losses on what looked to be a sure top seed Richmond team. Fortunately for Richmond they beat Albany 38-31 to limit their losing streak to 2 currently.

I get it. You have zero confidence in your Spiders busting down the playoff door. You are looking to JMU for help.

Silly excuses like lighting just adds to your pathetic view of a game played by 2 solid teams.

Beating JMU at JMU is a tall task for any team, but be sure Nova won't be blaming the lights for a loss.

Good luck vs. William & Mary. I hope Richmond makes the playoffs too!

Nova always, but I root for the CAA too!

WrenFGun
November 16th, 2015, 07:11 AM

Team Statistics (Final)

RICHMOND VU

UR dominated UNH, too. Seems like they have execution and consistency problems. Playing a reliably consistent program like WM, UR better be careful next week. 3 straight losses and they're out for sure.

'Nova is fascinating. What an awesome story. As a UNH fan I hope they lose but they've overcome so much.

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2015, 07:34 AM
It's just Wildcat envy. Ha

RootinFerDukes
November 16th, 2015, 07:52 AM
VU should stack the box and force Schor to make a throw. He has proven he isn't lighting the world on fire so far.

MR. CHICKEN
November 16th, 2015, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE=32counter;2285902]UR handed the game to Nova.Dominated by Spiders in all aspects including self inflicted 3 turnovers.2 in red zone with pick at 5 and fumble at 9.Both unforced errors.That's 14 points left off the board.Turnover by Spider KR fumble at UR 14.VU scored off unforced error.Spiders missed 1st PAT of season which turned out to be final score difference.Add it up it's a 22 point swing.How stupid.Shame on UR for screwing up under unfamiliar dusk lighting.xbawlingx

......RIGHT UP THERE..........WHIFF........."UH ARMADILLO....ATE MAH HOMEWORK"..........AN' MOS' DISTRESSIN'..........IT'S FROM UH CAA FAN...........FIRE BRAWK!

JMUNJ08
November 16th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Should be a great game and glad I can finally make my way down for one this year. Schor/ JMU will benefit from the home crowd after a few tough roadies. I do not expect a run away but a JMU W by about 10 seems about right as long as we take care of the ball...

GannonFan
November 16th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Hard to see JMU winning this one. Just have zero passing game with Schor at the helm. Shame, because Vad Lee was incredible and JMU would be a real tough team to beat come playoff time. Now they are a shell of what they were on offense and Schor's not really a threat to throw more than 10 yards downfield.

JMU2004
November 16th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Hard to see JMU winning this one. Just have zero passing game with Schor at the helm. Shame, because Vad Lee was incredible and JMU would be a real tough team to beat come playoff time. Now they are a shell of what they were on offense and Schor's not really a threat to throw more than 10 yards downfield.

Schor certainly isn't the downfield passing threat that Lee is, but he isn't Joe Walker either. I'm not sure why we didn't stretch the field more against UD, but it probably had to do with UD limiting our run game somewhat. I felt like we were in a lot of pure passing situations, allowing UD to play a 6 man coverage.

UD had a good D, and played Villanova close on the road. Though they have had some really head scratching results, their D is clearly very strong.

bluehenbillk
November 16th, 2015, 09:38 AM
I came away Saturday completely underwhelmed by JMU. Neither of their lines are impressive, I think Schor is OK - was under a lot of pressure on Saturday. JMU's scheme is as good as the CAA gets. Then again, I'd be shocked if the CAA gets a team in the quarterfinals this season.

Terry2889
November 16th, 2015, 09:50 AM
I came away Saturday completely underwhelmed by JMU. Neither of their lines are impressive, I think Schor is OK - was under a lot of pressure on Saturday. JMU's scheme is as good as the CAA gets. Then again, I'd be shocked if the CAA gets a team in the quarterfinals this season.

I think William and Mary have the right mix of running game and stout defense to make a deep run in the playoffs. Remember, outside of Jax State that rest of the country is a hot mess. As for the rest of the CAA, we will be hitting the recruiting trail early this year.

RootinFerDukes
November 16th, 2015, 09:51 AM
It was a terribly coached game by both sides. We continue to be run all over but make no adjustments or stack the box more often. Make teams beat us with the throw, which was not UD's strength. Soft, non-aggressive DBs who give huge cushions. We haven't made defensive adjustments all season.
Our lines are terrible and part of Schor's problems were because he wasn't getting appropriate protection on many passing or QB running plays. D line gets blown 3 feet off the line every single play all season. The attempt to go for a 3-4 defense has been a stubborn failure for the last two years. Withers won't eat his pride and adjust. It's forcing a square peg in a circle hole.
We won because Dave Brock didn't have the foresight to go for it on 4th and 1 when he had a 100% chance of converting it against our D. He even did it earlier in the game. Instead he punted the ball and suddenly Schor had his best drive of the game. It burnt him bad. That's why they're 3-7.

Gangtackle11
November 17th, 2015, 03:44 PM
JMU -6 Villanova
O/U: 61

http://www.sportbet.com/lines/football_college_extra

veinup
November 18th, 2015, 10:10 AM
schedule says this starts at noon EST? so 9 AM PST? i like a good early game .. go dukes.

Gangtackle11
November 18th, 2015, 10:41 AM
schedule says this starts at noon EST? so 9 AM PST? i like a good early game .. go dukes.

We'll try to ruin your Saturday AM. I think the game can be seen on JMUvision. Im not sure if its a subscription fee or not.

try this link: http://portal.stretchinternet.com/jmu/

Nova09
November 18th, 2015, 01:37 PM
We'll try to ruin your Saturday AM. I think the game can be seen on JMUvision. Im not sure if its a subscription fee or not.

try this link: http://portal.stretchinternet.com/jmu/

Isn't this a tv game?

PurpleStreamers
November 18th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Unfortunately not.

Nova09
November 18th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Basketball season must be screwing with my mind trying to keep track of what I can watch/when

Stonewall D
November 18th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Go JMU.

Bisonwinagn
November 18th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Basketball season must be screwing with my mind trying to keep track of what I can watch/when

Why would anyone pay attention to that **** until January? It's cute in the wintertime when you don't want to leave the house and in March, but that's all.

RootinFerDukes
November 18th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Madizone is free but I believe you have to set up an account. Just a warning, it's a complete crapshoot as to whether it will actually load.
Ever since they followed most of the CAA to this stretch Internet streaming service, it's been an unwatchable product for most. Endless buffering and skipping. Some claim they get it to worth with no issue. I haven't had luck.

Now as to the tv broadcast, Comcast sportsnet chose to air the ur-wm game instead, so there is no tv option unfortunately.
It's stream it or show up to bridgeforth.

Gangtackle11
November 20th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Game notes:

Villanova: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nova/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2015-16/release/release_20151119aaa.pdf

James Madison: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nova/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2015-16/release/release_20151119aaa_jame.pdf

Gangtackle11
November 21st, 2015, 06:25 PM
Just couldn't overcome our poor special teams play (opening kickoff return for TD) and turnovers on offense for 2 TDs & field position that led to a 3rd.. Defense gave up essentially 10 points, but the other 28 scored were deadly. The end of the Robertson/Cherry era. Nova has a solid group coming back that should keep them in the top half of the CAA next season.

Congrats to JMU. Represent the CAA proud.

veinup
November 21st, 2015, 06:32 PM
Madizone read my girlfriend's email to them at halftime lol. thanks MADIZOOOOOONE

CHIP72
November 21st, 2015, 07:22 PM
Disappointing loss for Villanova because they'll almost definitely fall short of the playoffs. Still, after the Wildcats' poor season start, John Robertson's injury, and then the loss at Towson, I would have taken Villanova still having a shot at the playoffs going into the James Madison game. I'm confident the Wildcats will be a major factor in the CAA in 2016.

RootinFerDukes
November 21st, 2015, 09:17 PM
Madizone read my girlfriend's email to them at halftime lol. thanks MADIZOOOOOONE

Lol what'd it say?

veinup
November 21st, 2015, 11:11 PM
Lol what'd it say?

oh you know the commentators just say "send us your emails and let us know where you're watching the madizone!"

she's a JMU alumn .. it was just like "graduated from jmu, now i live in seattle with my boyfriend who is a montana fan, we spend our saturdays watching fcs football together, hoping for a JMU vs. montana championship" etc .. pretty cool that they read the whole thing. said her name and everything, it was nice. much love for madizone

RootinFerDukes
November 22nd, 2015, 04:34 AM
Oh yeah, curt loves to read emails from fans that are from distant states or even international. He likes to point out that there are some of us almost everywhere.
Curt's a class act and I might just cry when he retires one day.