PDA

View Full Version : SFA Coaching Candidates - Includes CSU, NCCU and NCA&T HCs

TexasTerror
December 10th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Quite a few names on the list of those who applied including some current and former FCS head coaches that may make things interesting for those fan bases...

SFA Candidates

J.C. Harper, SFA defensive coordinator: Although relatively young, SFA's defense ranked second in SLC in scoring defense (21.1 points per game). Defense allowed just 28 touchdowns, second fewest in the league.

Kim Dameron, Louisiana-Monroe defensive coordinator: Former SFA coordinator. His defense ranked first in scoring defense in the Sun Belt this season.

Gary DeLoach, UCLA assistant coach: SFA's defensive coordinator from 1983-1989.

Scott Maxfield, Henderson State head coach: Team was 8-3 last season.

Richard Cundiff, Texas A&M-Kingsville former head coach: Recently resigned at A&M-Kingsville after seven seasons.

Don Carthel, West Texas A&M head coach: Lone Star Conference champions the last two seasons.

Mike Hudson, Montana assistant coach: Served as defensive coordinator at Sam Houston and Texas State of Southland.

Darrell Dickey, North Texas University former head coach: Four-time Sun Belt Coach of the Year selection needs a job.

Randy Ball, Missouri State head coach: 99-83 in 16 seasons. Four playoff stints.

Andy Hobbs, Tennessee Titans advance scout: Former head coach at Middle Tennessee State.

Bill Maskill, Midwestern State head coach: Team was 10-3 last season. Has served on staffs at Vanderbilt, SMU and Wake Forest.

Ramon Flanigan, former offensive coordinator at North Texas: Played QB at SMU.

Jay Mills, Charleston of Southern University head coach: Team was 9-2 last season. Coached on staffs at Harvard, Notre Dame and Boise State.

Steven Smith, Rhein Fire offensive line coach: Fire is an NFL Europe team.

Rod Broadway, North Carolina Central head coach: 33-10 record.

George Small, North Carolina A&T State University head coach.

Christopher Banks, Maryland assistant volunteer coach.

Daryl Hobbs, currently out of coaching.

http://www.dailysentinel.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2006/12/10/SFA_FB_SEARCH/SUN_DEC_9.html

TexasTerror
December 10th, 2006, 08:01 PM
The likely finalists in my opinion...

J.C. Harper, SFA defensive coordinator
Darrell Dickey, former UNT head coach
Bill Maskill, Midwestern State head coach
Mike Hudson, Montana assistant coach

JohnStOnge
December 10th, 2006, 08:03 PM
If I was an SFA fan and thought the Jacks could get any of those coaches if offered, I'd go with Dickey.

appmountaineermaniac
December 10th, 2006, 09:35 PM
why would you get the nc a&t coach he cant even win hardly a game there? most d2 and d3 teams would smash them

kats89
December 10th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Looks like Mike Hudson is tired of the cold?

gophoenix
December 11th, 2006, 06:41 AM
hy would you get the nc a&t coach he cant even win hardly a game there? most d2 and d3 teams would smash them

That's George Small, former A&T coach. He was fired after a disagreement with the new AD. Small actually won two MEAC championships that I remember, it may be more.

TexasTerror
December 11th, 2006, 07:41 AM
That's George Small, former A&T coach. He was fired after a disagreement with the new AD. Small actually won two MEAC championships that I remember, it may be more.

Seems this article had a few flubs...

There's quite a few former coaches on there though no such distinction is listed (i.e Ball from Missouri St)...

Nothing new from Kevin Gore...

HIU 93
December 11th, 2006, 09:07 AM
why would you get the nc a&t coach he cant even win hardly a game there? most d2 and d3 teams would smash them

Once again inserting your foot firmly in your mouth without ever doing any research...

HIU 93
December 11th, 2006, 09:09 AM

Small is an excellent coach. You're absolutely correct, he won a few MEAC titles, not sure how many. He was the Cocah that signed Maurice Hicks.

Dabnus Brickey
December 11th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Jay Mills is a great choice.

TexasTerror
December 11th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Jay Mills is a great choice.

As long as it means that SFA doesn't play an entire OOC of non-Div I games! :nod:

All smack aside, Mills has not been down to the SLC part of the FCS world. Not sure Mills can recruit as well down here unless he brought together a pretty Texas-filled staff...

Panther88
December 11th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Terrorist? :confused:

Y would U place emphasis on the possible SFA's HCs being either of CSU, NCCU, or NCA&T? :confused: Y? Plz tell.... Y? : smh :

BTW. :smiley_wi It's really hard for me to KEEP up w/ all if not some of Montgomery County products and what they're doing. I'd lost knowledge that DD (Lewis) your record setting RB had been converted to offense from defense. And, since he's a product of Willis High school.... Well...xlolx

As a favor to Bearkats here and abroad, I'm going to do you all a GREAT favor and inform him of this board and even quite a few of the disparaging remarks I've seen here (hopefully he'll do what's right and inform others on the team which I'm sure that the "soul" sellers prolly won't do too much about it lol). :smiley_wi And no, I'm REALLY not kidding. xlolx Small world, eh? I'll be in the home area on 12-20-2006=12-26-2006. I'm due to visit relatives in Willis so something deeeeeeeeeeeep in the back of my head tells me that he won't be hard to find. I recall him (from other older relatives of his that I'm very well acquainted with) as a youngster along w/ a few others that went JUCO that should be readying themselves for txferring to a 4 year.

You're welcome. And please, don't run. :thumbsup:

TexasTerror
December 11th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Y would U place emphasis on the possible SFA's HCs being either of CSU, NCCU, or NCA&T? :confused: Y? Plz tell.... Y? : smh :

I was more intrigued by Chuck South's head coach being on the list (Jay Mills). Wanted to attract eyes from folks who wouldn't normally care. Thought of listing last names (would've listed the former Missouri St head coach as well), but it wouldn't of worked.

BTW. :smiley_wi It's really hard for me to KEEP up w/ all if not some of Montgomery County products and what they're doing. I'd lost knowledge that DD (Lewis) your record setting RB had been converted to offense from defense. And, since he's a product of Willis High school.... Well...xlolx

DD Terry, you mean? :thumbsup:

Panther88
December 11th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I was more intrigued by Chuck South's head coach being on the list (Jay Mills). Wanted to attract eyes from folks who wouldn't normally care. Thought of listing last names (would've listed the former Missouri St head coach as well), but it wouldn't of worked.

DD Terry, you mean? :thumbsup:

Yeah. I meant Terry. lol Don't throw me off. Hell, I'm still celebrating how the cowpokes got blasted @ home last night and I'm more accustomed to saying "DD Lewis" vs DD Terry.

I'm still gonna' have a loooooooooooooooooooooooong chat w/ him soon though. It'll be a GOOD heart to heart. :thumbsup: Starting w/ the usual ol' "Look. I'm very elated and happy that you're in college.... BUT!!!!!!!" :smiley_wi

BigApp
December 11th, 2006, 12:22 PM
I'd take Maskill