PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology 5.0

Pages : [1] 2 3

FargoBison
November 14th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Not much changes seedwise this week...#8 still very much up in the air but I don't think CSU should be punished for playing a much tougher schedule but I could see the committee giving it to CCU.

The Bracket
Fordham at Richmond vs 1. JSU
The Citadel at CCU vs 8. Charleston Southern

EIU at UNI vs 5. Illinois State
Dayton at Chattanooga vs 4. SDSU

UND at SHSU vs 3. McNeese State
Duquesne at JMU vs 6. William and Mary

SUU at Montana vs 7. Portland State
Colgate at UNH vs 2. NDSU

Autobid: SUU, Charleston Southern, W&M, NDSU, Duquesne, JSU, Colgate, Dayton, Chattanooga, McNeese State
At-Large: Portland State, ISUR, SDSU, Richmond, JMU, Fordham, SHSU, Montana, CCU, UNI, EIU, UND, UNH, The Citadel
Bubble: NAU, Towson, Villanova, UCA, EKU, UTM, EWU

I will add the Stats, Nobowls and other brackets here when they are released...

NoBowls.com (http://nobowls.com/)
http://nobowls.com/images/week11.png

Stats.com Bracket... (http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20151115121749698507704)

Dayton-Chattanooga winner at No. 1 seed Jacksonville State
Eastern Illinois-Montana winner at No. 8 seed Portland State

Sam Houston State-Eastern Washington winner at No. 5 seed McNeese State
Fordham-James Madison winner at No. 4 seed Illinois State

Southern Utah-Northern Iowa winner at No. 3 seed South Dakota State
The Citadel-North Carolina A&T winner at No. 6 seed Charleston Southern

Duquesne-William & Mary winner at No. 7 seed Coastal Carolina
Colgate-Richmond winner at No. 2 seed North Dakota State

Bison Media Bracketology...
(http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bracketology-7-0/)http://i0.wp.com/bisonmedia.areavoices.com/files/2015/11/2015-Bracketology-7.1.png?resize=620%2C774

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Looks pretty good.

I think UND is in if they beat Cal Poly next week. Their Wyoming win is huge.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Looks pretty good.

I think UND is in if they beat Cal Poly next week. Their Wyoming win is huge.

Yeah that Wyo win is huge, that plus the PSU win helps them against a few other seven win teams. If they beat CP I think they can sleep rather comfortably.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Yeah that Wyo win is huge, that plus the PSU win helps them against a few other seven win teams. If they beat CP I think they can sleep rather comfortably.

a 10-0 McNeese team will be hard for the committee to put lower than a 2, IMO. I could see NDSU getting the 3 seed also.

UNI could really make a run in that bracket.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2015, 10:00 PM
a 10-0 McNeese team will be hard for the committee to put lower than a 2, IMO. I could see NDSU getting the 3 seed also.

Yeah...what the committee will do with McNeese is the wildcard. Their resume is just so bizarre, anywhere from 2-6 is possible in my mind.

Leibinger14
November 14th, 2015, 10:05 PM
How much does seeding have to do with money? Does the committee look at how much the home teams can bring in....size of stadium etc?

WileECoyote06
November 14th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Great job. Richmond is not in a good position though. They're in a must win situation in my opinion.

rokamortis
November 14th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Not much changes seedwise this week...#8 still very much up in the air but I don't think CSU should be punished for playing a much tougher schedule but I could see the committee giving it to CCU.

The Bracket
Fordham at Richmond vs 1. JSU
The Citadel at CCU vs 8. Charleston Southern

EIU at UNI vs 5. Illinois State
Dayton at Chattanooga vs 4. SDSU

UND at SHSU vs 3. McNeese State
Duquesne at JMU vs 6. William and Mary

SUU at Montana vs 7. Portland State
Colgate at UNH vs 2. NDSU

Autobid: SUU, Charleston Southern, W&M, NDSU, Duquesne, JSU, Colgate, Dayton, Chattanooga, McNeese State
At-Large: Portland State, ISUR, SDSU, Richmond, JMU, Fordham, SHSU, Montana, CCU, UNI, EIU, UND, UNH, The Citadel
Bubble: NAU, Towson, Villanova, UCA, EKU, UTM, EWU

I will add the Stats, Nobowls and other brackets here when they are released...

I'm not even trying to make a comparison with Coastal but wanted to address your comment specifically that CSU shouldn't be punished for a tough schedule and how their schedule should be viewed with all of the other playoff teams.

They scheduled 2 FBS money games and a DII. Are other teams "punished" for this type of scheduling? They are perfect in FCS with one good win and a couple of other ok wins but still only 8 DI wins. Should they be given more credit than teams that have 9-10 DI wins? Or even more credit than other teams with 8 DI wins?

Now if they beat Bama next week I'll advocate they get the 1 seed.

rokamortis
November 14th, 2015, 10:12 PM

If they win out I think the committee puts JSU and McNeese 1/2 - and could flip the order but probably JSU 2 and McNeese 2. They will reward an undefeated team even if it isn't the toughest schedule.

melloware13
November 14th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Great job. Richmond is not in a good position though. They're in a must win situation in my opinion.

Going 7-4 with a 3 game losing streak to end usually = out, using this bracket only UCA and Nova would be in positions to jump them

Twentysix
November 14th, 2015, 10:18 PM
How much does seeding have to do with money? Does the committee look at how much the home teams can bring in....size of stadium etc?

Nothing.

At least in an ideal world.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2015, 10:22 PM
If they win out I think the committee puts JSU and McNeese 1/2 - and could flip the order but probably JSU 2 and McNeese 2. They will reward an undefeated team even if it isn't the toughest schedule.

McNeese isn't your typical undefeated team with their weird schedule but I could see a 2 seed and could see worse if the committee wants to get serious about SOS. McNeese has one of the worst SOS in the entire field.

Twentysix
November 14th, 2015, 10:39 PM
McNeese isn't your typical undefeated team with their weird schedule but I could see a 2 seed and could see worse if the committee wants to get serious about SOS. McNeese has one of the worst SOS in the entire field.

Right, 9-0-1 isn't nearly as impressive as 11-0... I don't know if "undefeated" exactly applys to them in the normal sense when thinking about playoff seeding.

If a team only scheduled 7 games, but won them all, should they be given a high seed over teams that played 11 or 12 games and lost some? (McNeese played 9 DI games, but I seriously am looking for an answer from the McNeese apologists).

I seem to remember a 10-1 Lehigh team that was left out of the playoffs altogether because they had a bad SOS. 2012 maybe?

SOS does matter, almost as much as winning games in the first place. I do not think McNeese will be seeded higher than #3, but I could see them getting the 4 5 or 6.

BEAR
November 14th, 2015, 10:44 PM
So again....why is everyone thinking SHSU will get the at-large?

McNeese still has to get by Lamar. (While not a factor in the autobid it will play a part in the conference race.)
SHSU still has to beat UCA but even with that it will only give them 7 division I wins if they win in Conway. (I think they will but that would put them both at 7 division I wins)

It's gonna be tough matching up those resumes.

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2015, 10:48 PM
My seed predictions as of now:
1.) JSU- Looked solid against schedule. Near SEC upset. Wins include Chattanooga and shut out of EKU. OVC Champs
2.) McNeese State- 10-0. Had some close calls. Wish they would have played LSU. SOS is garbage. But 10-0 nonetheless
3.) SDSU- Beat Big12, only losses UNI and NDSU, beat ISUr. Every win was solid.
4.) NDSU- no FBS, close calls with SIU, YSU, UNI. Lost to Montana and South Dakota. Is NDSU.
5.) ISUr- only losses are SDSU and Iowa. Close calls with EIU, YSU, and Indiana State. Good wins over SIU and UNI.
6.) Portland State- FBS win, losses to UND and N Colorado.
7.) W+M- Good showing against FBS, only other loss is Deleware. Only close win over JMU.
8) CSU- You guys lost to Troy... Why? It's Troy. WHUP Troy.

You can make arguments to move people around this is just my guess.

smilo
November 14th, 2015, 10:49 PM
Hmmm, I'd really like to think Villanova gets in over North Dakota if both win as good as UND's wins are. The resumes are incredibly comparable. I think first round scheduling is a bit easier with us in there too haha.

Twentysix
November 14th, 2015, 10:50 PM
1.) JSU
2.) NDSU
3.) McNeese State
4.) SDSU
5.) ISUr

Is all I care about put whoever you want in the last 3 spots...

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm, I'd really like to think Villanova gets in over North Dakota if both win as good as UND's wins are. The resumes are incredibly comparable. I think first round scheduling is a bit easier with us in there too haha.

FBS wins count just a *little* extra. But, beating JMU would be significant.

BisonTru
November 14th, 2015, 10:53 PM

McNeese still has to get by Lamar. (While not a factor in the autobid it will play a part in the conference race.)
SHSU still has to beat UCA but even with that it will only give them 7 division I wins if they win in Conway. (I think they will but that would put them both at 7 division I wins)

SHSU got in with only six D1 wins. I think past playoff performances really helps teams like SHSU. The Southland conference is hard to get a grasp how good or bad it is. The best OOC win is a against a DII team and to be fair that was one of the best DII teams in the country.

I really think the bubble is going to come down to 7+ win teams win no-good wins (win against a playoff team) and some 6 D1 win teams with a win or two against playoff teams.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2015, 10:55 PM

To me whoever wins the SHSU/UCA is in and the loser is out.

BEAR
November 14th, 2015, 11:02 PM
To me whoever wins the SHSU/UCA is in and the loser is out.

I disagree. Looking at this year because we are not talking about last year, you can say if there is a 6 win team that makes it in over a 7 win team then that's a shame. UCA already has 7 division I wins.

Plus what if Sam only wins by 1 point. That would be hard to justify leaving UCA out.

tribefan40
November 14th, 2015, 11:19 PM
1.) JSU
2.) NDSU
3.) McNeese State
4.) SDSU
5.) ISUr

Is all I care about put whoever you want in the last 3 spots...

I think the committee looks at W&M and PSU hard when it comes to the 4 and 5 slots. Lots of similar resumes in that pool, honestly 4-7 will be a grab bag.

Bisonwinagn
November 14th, 2015, 11:24 PM
I don't care as long as they put the 4 valley teams in opposite brackets until the semifinals. The same way it should of been last year.

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 14th, 2015, 11:24 PM
1.) JSU- Looked solid against schedule. Near SEC upset. Wins include Chattanooga and shut out of EKU. OVC Champs
2.) McNeese State- 10-0. Had some close calls. Wish they would have played LSU. SOS is garbage. But 10-0 nonetheless
4.) NDSU- no FBS, close calls with SIU, YSU, UNI. Lost to Montana and South Dakota. Is NDSU.
5.) ISUr- only losses are SDSU and Iowa. Close calls with EIU, YSU, and Indiana State. Good wins over SIU and UNI.
7.) W+M- Good showing against FBS, only other loss is Deleware. Only close win over JMU.

How do you have SDSU seeded above NDSU?

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2015, 11:32 PM
How do you have SDSU seeded above NDSU?

The FBS win, the only loss other than NDSU was UNI, who NDSU almost lost to as well. NDSU has had several close calls, should have lost today and every time SDSU won they won convincingly.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2015, 11:35 PM
The FBS win, the only loss other that NDSU was UNI, who NDSU almost lost to as well. NDSU has had several close calls, should have lost today and every time SDSU won they won convincingly.
Did you see SDSU's win today? It was hardly convincing. Neither was last week against ISUr. NDSU has their share of convincing wins as well including at SDSU.

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Did you see SDSU's win today? Hardly convincing. NDSU has their share of convincing wins as well including at SDSU.

Yeah but it was against ISUr, not some last second come from behind over YSU.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2015, 11:38 PM
SDSU has one rather large issue...They didn't win their conference. That plus the beating NDSU put on them makes me feel comfortable in putting NDSU over them.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2015, 11:40 PM
Yeah but it was against ISUr, not some last second come from behind over YSU.
SDSU played ISUr last week (also hardly a convincing win). This week they beat USD by a TD with USD having the ball in SDSU territory in the last minute of the game. They trailed by 10 at the start of the 4th quarter.

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2015, 11:42 PM
SDSU played ISUr last week (also hardly a convincing win). This week they beat USD by a TD with USD having the ball in SDSU territory in the last minute of the game. They trailed by 10 at the start of the 4th quarter.

You're right, I don't know how I mixed up USD and ISUr. Scoring with 7:30 left on the clock is a lot more convincing with scoring with less than :40. But hey, at least they actually beat USD.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2015, 11:48 PM
You're right, I don't know how I mixed up USD and ISUr. But hey, at least they actually beat USD.
Just like NDSU actually beat UNI. But they don't get credit there over SDSU because NDSU "almost lost" to UNI?

This whole argument is silly if you ask me. I don't really care if NDSU or SDSU have close wins or not. The big differentiator is NDSU has a convincing head-to-head win in Brookings.

JALMOND
November 14th, 2015, 11:48 PM

Not being picky, I do like your seeds here. But Portland State has 2 FBS wins, one over Washington State who has been winning in the Pac-12 all season and the big 66-7 win over North Texas.

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2015, 11:49 PM
Not being picky, I do like your seeds here. But Portland State has 2 FBS wins, one over Washington State who has been winning in the Pac-12 all season and the big 66-7 win over North Texas.

I forgot North Texas was even FBS. Whoops. You're right. My miss.

Mattymc727
November 14th, 2015, 11:54 PM
So who the HELL gets in when all 3 are 7-4? Towson, Nova, and UNH?????

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2015, 11:57 PM
Just like NDSU actually beat UNI. But they don't get credit there over SDSU because NDSU "almost lost" to UNI?

This whole argument is silly if you ask me. I don't really care if NDSU or SDSU have close wins or not. The big differentiator is NDSU has a convincing head-to-head win in Brookings.

If NDSU had any other convincing wins over non cupcakes I'd jump them over SDSU. SDSU beat a team that almost took down TCU today. They trashed YSU, and beat ISUr without a miracle last second play, and they only reason NDSU isn't 6-4 is because of two last second miracles.

smilo
November 15th, 2015, 12:00 AM

You might want to add in Richmond and their potential L3 streak too including two of those teams. I'd bet on the one with two ugly losses getting in just because. ;)

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 15th, 2015, 12:04 AM
If NDSU had any other convincing wins over non cupcakes I'd jump them over SDSU. SDSU beat a team that almost took down TCU today. They trashed YSU, and beat ISUr without a miracle last second play, and they only reason NDSU isn't 6-4 is because of two last second miracles.

NDSU destroyed SDSU at SDSU. NDSU and ISUr have one conference loss, SDSU has 2 conference losses. Kansas isn't that big of a win. Look at SOS.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 12:10 AM
NDSU destroyed SDSU at SDSU. NDSU and ISUr have one conference loss, SDSU has 2 conference losses. Kansas isn't that big of a win. Look at SOS.

Look at SOS schedule and see what? Who has NDSU beat that was worth anything other than SDSU? The last second scrape at UNI where you were :40 away from being in the same boat as SDSU? SDSU knocked off #2 ISUr.
If you take away the head to head SDSU clearly has the better resume. Head to heads don't mean everything they are just one game. If they did then that means UNI is actually the current defending champions.

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2015, 12:19 AM
If you're trolling you're doing an incredibly good job at it so I'll keep feeding you.

So you're saying if NDSU had any other convincing wins against good teams, other than against SDSU, you'd seed them over SDSU? By that logic SDSU's only convincing win over a "non cupcake" would be SUU so you're saying SDSU's convincing win over SUU is worth more than NDSU's convincing win over SDSU?

What was so miraculous about the plays to win the UNI and YSU game? You're insinuating that they were lucky to win those games and I disagree completely with that. They made the plays in clutch time in those games and UNI and YSU did not. That's what elite teams do. The winning TD in both games came from inside the opponent's red zone well before the last play game where NDSU would've actually had multiple chances after each play had they not scored.

Oh, and since 2010 NDSU has as many Big 12 wins in 3 games as Kansas has in 51 games. True story.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 12:27 AM
If you're trolling you're doing an incredibly good job at it so I'll keep feeding you.?
So you're saying if NDSU had any other convincing wins against good teams, other than against SDSU, you'd seed them over SDSU? By that logic SDSU's only convincing win over a "non cupcake" would be SUU so you're saying a SDUS's convincing win over SUU is worth more than NDSU's convincing win over SDSU.

What was so miraculous about the plays to win the UNI and YSU game? You're insinuating that they were lucky to win those games and I disagree completely with that. They made the plays in clutch time in those game and UNI and YSU did not. That's what elite teams do. The winning TD in both games came from inside the opponent's red zone well before the last play game where NDSU would've actually had multiple chances after each play bad they not score.

Oh, and since 2010 NDSU has more Big 12 wins than Kansas. True story.

So the fact the refs didn't call Pass interference on you today isn't luck? Ok. So the fact that you scored with 30 on the clock to beat UNI in the dome after they spent 59:25 leading isn't luck? Ok.
Elite teams control the game from start to finish. You guys should know that, you did it for 4 years straight. Elite teams don't have to struggle to get the W late in the 4th.

JMUNJ08
November 15th, 2015, 12:29 AM

You should just have UR, Towson and UNH. Not sure how Nova is getting to 7-4...xcoffeex. Pedigree says UNH, otherwise, hope for more bubble losses since none are that impressive this year in a mildly mediocre CAA. Only guarantee's are JMU & W&M going into the final week.

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2015, 12:31 AM
So the fact the refs didn't call Pass interference on you today isn't luck? Ok. So the fact that you scored with 30 on the clock to beat UNI in the dome after they spent 59:25 leading?
Elite teams control the game from start to finish. You guys should know that, you did it for 4 years straight. Elite teams don't have to struggle to get the W late in the 4th.
If you don't think NDSU has won numerous games over the past 4 years that they "stole" similar to what they did this year against UNI and YSU you obviously haven't been paying attention to what NDSU has been doing over the last 4 years.

Hell, they did it 3 times last year in the playoffs alone.

Thumper 76
November 15th, 2015, 12:39 AM
If you're trolling you're doing an incredibly good job at it so I'll keep feeding you.

So you're saying if NDSU had any other convincing wins against good teams, other than against SDSU, you'd seed them over SDSU? By that logic SDSU's only convincing win over a "non cupcake" would be SUU so you're saying SDSU's convincing win over SUU is worth more than NDSU's convincing win over SDSU?

What was so miraculous about the plays to win the UNI and YSU game? You're insinuating that they were lucky to win those games and I disagree completely with that. They made the plays in clutch time in those games and UNI and YSU did not. That's what elite teams do. The winning TD in both games came from inside the opponent's red zone well before the last play game where NDSU would've actually had multiple chances after each play had they not scored.

Oh, and since 2010 NDSU has as many Big 12 wins in 3 games as Kansas has in 51 games. True story.

The difference is SDSU has better wins overall and better losses. Their only close game to a lower half conference for was the USD game, the games with ISUb and YSU were not close. They smoked SUU, have a FBS win (strong or not it will be favored by the committee), beat ISUr, and have no bad losses. The only thing NDSU has over SDSU is the head to head, and it seems bison fans are ok with saying they just had a bad game or played a team at the wrong time, but nobody else can. SDSU did not play well in that game, if you compare it the rest of the body of work. If you step back for a second and look at it its a very solid argument to be had. However I have zero doubt that ndsu gets a higher seed because of their name and past success. If it's an arguement that's even close to close, ndsu will get the benefit of the doubt. Another thing that is worth pointing out. The two teams tied for first in the conference are the only two that didn't have to play all three of the top four in the conference.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 12:40 AM
If you don't think NDSU has won numerous games over the past 4 years that they "stole" similar to what they did this year against UNI and YSU you obviously haven't been paying attention to what NDSU has been doing over the last 4 years.

Hell, they did it 3 times last year in the playoffs alone.

Neither NDSU or SDSU look like dominate teams this year. But if you take away the head to head SDSU looks a lot better. That's why they are above NDSU for me. Just because they played like crap against NDSU doesn't mean they play like crap every week. Cause they don't. NDSU does. You guys trashed two bad Big Sky teams and a mediocre MVFC team, I can see why you guys are so proud.

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2015, 12:45 AM
The difference is SDSU has better wins overall and better losses. Their only close game to a lower half conference for was the USD game, the games with ISUb and YSU were not close. They smoked SUU, have a FBS win (strong or not it will be favored by the committee), beat ISUr, and have no bad losses. The only thing NDSU has over SDSU is the head to head, and it seems bison fans are ok with saying they just had a bad game or played a team at the wrong time, but nobody else can. SDSU did not play well in that game, if you compare it the rest of the body of work. If you step back for a second and look at it its a very solid argument to be had. However I have zero doubt that ndsu gets a higher seed because of their name and past success. If it's an arguement that's even close to close, ndsu will get the benefit of the doubt. Another thing that is worth pointing out. The two teams tied for first in the conference are the only two that didn't have to play all three of the top four in the conference.
I'd disagree that SDSU wins are any better. Wins @SDSU and UNI are just as good or better as wins against ISUr and SUU. However the wildcard, like you said, is that KU win for SDSU. Does the committee look at is as an FBS win and that's it or do they look at the quality of the FBS team it was against? NDSU has benefited in the past from weak FBS wins so you may be right but I just think SDSU picked a really bad game to play a bad game (if that's what you want to call it) against NDSU.

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2015, 12:47 AM
Neither NDSU or SDSU look like dominate teams this year. But if you take away the head to head SDSU looks a lot better. That's why they are above NDSU for me. Just because they played like crap against NDSU doesn't mean they play like crap every week. Cause they don't. NDSU does. You guys trashed two bad Big Sky teams and a mediocre MVFC team, I can see why you guys are so proud.
I completely agree that if you take away head-to-head SDSU looks better. If you take away the game that NDSU "played like crap" against USD then NDSU looks better too. Problem is you can't.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 12:48 AM
I completely agree that if you take away head-to-head SDSU looks better. If you take away the game that NDSU "played like crap" against USD then NDSU better.

You still have the gross wins over SUU, YSU, and UNI. SDSU only has UNI.
If you're only reason for being better than SDSU is because you beat them in the head to head then why aren't Montana or USD ranked above you guys?

On a side note: Portland State's stock is about to go up because Washington State is about to put away UCLA. The FBS win just keeps getting sweeter for them.
Washington State must have hit the NDSU button because they just scraped out their win late in the 4th.

JSUBison
November 15th, 2015, 01:03 AM
Professor, you are trying to win an argument with a decembrist, they are never wrong. You know this. xlolx

Bisonwinagn
November 15th, 2015, 01:17 AM

Well if SUU loses this week they may be out of the playoffs and UND and Montana might be in. So both teams NDSU played could be better than SUU.

JayJ79
November 15th, 2015, 01:20 AM
I don't care as long as they put the 4 valley teams in opposite brackets until the semifinals. The same way it should of been last year.

will never happen. UNI (if they get in) will be set up to travel to Illinois State or SDSU in the second round, as they are bus trips. And the MVFC seeds will probably be slated to match up in the quarters (or at least 2 of them, if 3 get seeded).

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 01:36 AM
I'm not even trying to make a comparison with Coastal but wanted to address your comment specifically that CSU shouldn't be punished for a tough schedule and how their schedule should be viewed with all of the other playoff teams.

They scheduled 2 FBS money games and a DII. Are other teams "punished" for this type of scheduling? They are perfect in FCS with one good win and a couple of other ok wins but still only 8 DI wins. Should they be given more credit than teams that have 9-10 DI wins? Or even more credit than other teams with 8 DI wins?

^This^. CSU decided to schedule two FBS instead of the normal one and a D2, and one of those FBS should have been very winnable over Troy who beat them by 4 TD's. Not only will Coastal get seeded over CSU as a penalty for them only having 8 D1 wins vs our 10, assuming we win next week and they don't pull off the single largest upset in history, we will also get a minimum of the 5/6 seed. Regardless of the polls putting us 4th I don't think the committee will, nor should they, put us ahead of both SDSU/NDSU (whichever is lower of the two) and ISUr.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 01:41 AM
I'm perfectly ok with that. It would be worth it to see all these obnoxious Bama fans question life. I don't know what they would hate more, losing, losing to an FCS team, or losing to an FCS team that lost to Troy. I'm definitely a CSU fan this weekend.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2015, 05:04 AM

No FCS team is "dominate" this year. 7-8 teams have a legit shot at the title IMO.

NDSU will be seeded above SDSU if they both win this coming week. Head/head win and better conference placing.

TennBison
November 15th, 2015, 05:05 AM

But yet NDSU still trashed SDSU head to head. And is going to at least share the conference title which SDSU is not.

TennBison
November 15th, 2015, 05:18 AM
So the fact the refs didn't call Pass interference on you today isn't luck? Ok. So the fact that you scored with 30 on the clock to beat UNI in the dome after they spent 59:25 leading isn't luck? Ok.
They did call PI on NDSU yesterday you dolt. And FYI, NDSU won quite a few games over the last four years with a come from behind win in games that they did not control from start to finish. The fact that they keep their minds in the game and believe they can pull out a victory makes the team what it is. Apparently you don't know that.

TennBison
November 15th, 2015, 05:33 AM

So you will just conveniently throw out the head to head game, the #1 measure that every selection committee for any sport in the world uses for tie breakers because SDSU beat a team that NDSU did not even play this year. And you also ignore the fact that NDSU has not lost any game by more than 3 points, and each game they lost was a last second play.

RootinFerDukes
November 15th, 2015, 06:16 AM

They made Liberty and JMU play each other last year. They're either idiots, or they care more about their regionalization and rematch rules than obvious revenue.

RootinFerDukes
November 15th, 2015, 06:27 AM

Unh and nova get in before Towson. I don't think Towson has any marquee wins. Unh might get it before nova because ur win is bigger than JMU win and they'll keep the playoff streak alive if they're borderline.

tribe_pride
November 15th, 2015, 06:47 AM
Unh and nova get in before Towson. I don't think Towson has any marquee wins. Unh might get it before nova because ur win is bigger than JMU win and they'll keep the playoff streak alive if they're borderline.

For Nova to be 7-4, they would have had to have beaten both UR and JMU though (and also Fordham who is 9-2) with 2 of their losses coming immediately after Robertson was injured (to Penn and Tribe). UNH would have the UR and Colgate (who won the Patriot) wins. Towson's best win would be over Nova. Richmond, if they lose to Tribe, would have best win over JMU as strong win and 3 straight losses to close the season.

Edited to say Richmond will have 3 not 4 straight losses to end season if they lose next weekend

RootinFerDukes
November 15th, 2015, 06:52 AM
For Nova to be 7-4, they would have had to have beaten both UR and JMU though (and also Fordham who is 9-2) with 2 of their losses coming immediately after Robertson was injured (to Penn and Tribe). UNH would have the UR and Colgate (who won the Patriot) wins. Towson's best win would be over Nova. Richmond, if they lose to Tribe, would have best win over JMU as strong win and 4 straight losses to close the season.

I think we can firmly say that Towson is on the bubble, but not really. They needed to beat wm last week to help their resume. One win over a 7-4 or 6-5 VU team isn't good enough.

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2015, 06:53 AM
For Nova to be 7-4, they would have had to have beaten both UR and JMU though (and also Fordham who is 9-2) with 2 of their losses coming immediately after Robertson was injured (to Penn and Tribe). UNH would have the UR and Colgate (who won the Patriot) wins. Towson's best win would be over Nova. Richmond, if they lose to Tribe, would have best win over JMU as strong win and 4 straight losses to close the season.

Delaware beat both William and New Hampshire so the CAA is screwed no matter who makes it haha

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 07:06 AM
I could definitely live with this, but no way it happens without breaking the Internet...

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/bracketology

Montana vs Duquesne at 1 Jax St
SDSU vs 'Nova at 8 Chuck South

Fordham vs. EIU at 5 McNeese
Portland vs. Citadel at 4 NDSU

SHSU vs. Colgate at 3 ISUr
JMU vs. UND at 6 William and Mary

UNA vs. UNH at 7 Chatty
UNI vs. Dayton at 2 Coastal

tribe_pride
November 15th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Delaware beat both William and New Hampshire so the CAA is screwed no matter who makes it haha

Tribe has played 1 bad game which was against Delaware losing by 1 (and 1 additional bad 1st quarter against JMU in a game it won). They are playing much better since then with 6 straight wins despite not having a bye since Week 2. A win over Richmond and the Tribe should be in good shape with a bye going in the playoffs as they learned from the Delaware game not to take anything for granted.

tribe_pride
November 15th, 2015, 07:13 AM
I could definitely live with this, but no way it happens without breaking the Internet...

UNA vs. UNH at 7 Chatty

No regionalization in this bracket.

Nodak78
November 15th, 2015, 07:16 AM

UNA vs. UNH at 7 Chatty

Portland State gets a seed with 2 FBS wins.

wmmii
November 15th, 2015, 07:28 AM

You should include in this question Richmond also if they lose to Tribe.

Towson is out IMO as only quality win is Nova.

Nova plays JMU this weekend and must win for them to be 7-4 which puts them on a four game win streak and in playoff beating Richmond and JMU final two weeks.

JMU losing to Nova and Tribe then makes their loss to Richmond not as strong as they have lost 3 in a row but still in playoff at 8-3 with FBS win.

This put us in a toss up between Richmond and UNH for the four CAA bid but Richmond has more quality wins so should be in but committee love UNH. Hard not to take Richmond here.

Finally if Richmond beats the Tribe then they are in playoff with Tribe and JMU and IMO Nova gets final slot.

rokamortis
November 15th, 2015, 07:30 AM
Portland State gets a seed with 2 FBS wins.

It will be interesting to see how the committee handles PSU. They have 2 FBS wins, 1 strong / good win but the other is rated worse than any team that will be considered for an at-large bid. The committee in the past has indicated that they don't treat all FBS wins as equal. I recall a committee member making an example of Georgia State (last year I believe) as an example of a team who wouldn't be a quality win. They have 2 losses to 4-loss teams and have another challenge this weekend.

RootinFerDukes
November 15th, 2015, 07:49 AM

UNA vs. UNH at 7 Chatty

Absolutely 0% chance this bracket happens. It isn't taking into consideration the stupid regionalization rule that is more important than anything to the NCAA.

RabidRabbit
November 15th, 2015, 08:11 AM

With a FBS win, and fellow play-off team Portland St. UND will be tough to overlook. Nova has wins over what play-off teams? Fordham, possibly Richmond?

Very interesting what happens in Big Sky. SUU lost (went for the win on 2 pt PAT, and didn't make vs Portland St at PSU), but is still has the auto-bid to lose.

SUU is very close to either in with win, as BSC auto-bid, or out with L to NAU next week (won't make 7 D-I W's).
PSU is in since 7 D-I W's, including over a bowl eligible Pac-12, and a record setting FBS W.
EWU must win vs. PSU to be in.
Montana needs to win vs Montana St, in Bozeman this year.
NAU needs to win to get in, which would knock out SUU.
UND must win to get in.

So Big Sky could have as many as 5 teams in play-offs (PSU, EWU, MT, NAU, UND), or as few as 2 (SUU, PSU).
MVFC is pretty set at 4 in, 3 for sure. Should 6-5 teams be selected, WIU and UNI (should they lose to SIU) would be strong candidates.

Can the 3 MVFC seeds (currently, based on winning out) play themselves out of a seed?

NDSU plays punching bag Mo St., a loss here would be horrible. Chances of it happening? Below 1%.
ISU(r) vs USD - This is not last year's USD team. They actually are pretty salty. SDSU needed a pick 6 to win vs Yotes.
SDSU vs WIU - Leathernecks, like Yotes, aren't a push over.

FCSwatcher
November 15th, 2015, 08:19 AM
With a FBS win, and fellow play-off team Portland St. UND will be tough to overlook. Nova has wins over what play-off teams? Fordham, possibly Richmond?

Very interesting what happens in Big Sky. SUU lost (went for the win on 2 pt PAT, and didn't make vs Portland St at PSU), but is still has the auto-bid to lose.

SUU is very close to either in with win, as BSC auto-bid, or out with L to NAU next week (won't make 7 D-I W's).
PSU is in since 7 D-I W's, including over a bowl eligible Pac-12, and a record setting FBS W.
UND must win to get in.

So Big Sky could have as many as 5 teams in play-offs (PSU, EWU, MT, NAU, UND), or as few as 2 (SUU, PSU).
MVFC is pretty set at 4 in, 3 for sure. Should 6-5 teams be selected, WIU and UNI (should they lose to SIU) would be strong candidates.

Can the 3 MVFC seeds (currently, based on winning out) play themselves out of a seed?

NDSU plays punching bag Mo St., a loss here would be horrible. Chances of it happening? Below 1%.
ISU(r) vs USD - This is not last year's USD team. They actually are pretty salty. SDSU needed a pick 6 to win vs Yotes.

There is no way 5 teams get in Remember the committee ranks the teams each week during their conference calls, they do not just look to see if you have 7 wins. Trends, according to Dannen are very important. Not a lot of good trends in the BSC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tribe_pride
November 15th, 2015, 08:28 AM

UND must win to get in.

The other good win for Nova would be JMU because to get to 7-4, they will need to beat JMU so their good wins would be over Richmond, JMU and Fordham

Also, UND's win over Wyoming is not considered a strong win. In Massey Composite, they are the 5th worst team in FBS. Portland State win is much better and so is the Montana State win and Cal Poly (assuming win). Idaho State loss is a big negative.

WileECoyote06
November 15th, 2015, 08:59 AM
No FCS team is "dominate" this year. 7-8 teams have a legit shot at the title IMO.

NDSU will be seeded above SDSU if they both win this coming week. Head/head win and better conference placing.

Creative use of quotes.

Jacksonville State has been dominant this season. Their average margin of victory is 24.3 points; and in the one close game, they were up 42-20, before a comeback. I think the most impressive thing about JSU's performance this season is in games against four top 50 teams they're MOV was still 16.5. Three of those four games were on the road.

I agree that the title is up for grabs. But it's always up for grabs.

UNDColorado
November 15th, 2015, 09:00 AM
The other good win for Nova would be JMU because to get to 7-4, they will need to beat JMU so their good wins would be over Richmond, JMU and Fordham

Also, UND's win over Wyoming is not considered a strong win. In Massey Composite, they are the 5th worst team in FBS. Portland State win is much better and so is the Montana State win and Cal Poly (assuming win). Idaho State loss is a big negative.

Wyoming does suck. We scheduled the game without knowing that and traveled there and controlled the entire game. Still an FBS win. If we play ISU next week we would beat them by three scores. Our secondary and QB were severely depleted in that game. perfect storm for them really.

In my biased opinion a 7-4 UND team with a FBS win should get in over any 7-4 team with all FCS wins.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Creative use of quotes.

Jacksonville State has been dominant this season. Their average margin of victory is 24.3 points; and in the one close game, they were up 42-20, before a comeback. I think the most impressive thing about JSU's performance this season is in games against four top 50 teams they're MOV was still 16.5. Three of those four games were on the road.

Dominant in a very weak league....I'll agree with that.

dbackjon
November 15th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Even if NAU loses to SUU. they are worthy of a bid

Milktruck74
November 15th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Creative use of quotes.

They were not DOMINANT at Chattanooga. They trailed most of the game and squeaked out a 3 point victory. So, when you take this game into account, it makes their MOV even more impressive against the other teams. I guess you could say, "after week one, they were dominant." How about that use of quotes?

tribe_pride
November 15th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Wyoming does suck. We scheduled the game without knowing that and traveled there and controlled the entire game. Still an FBS win. If we play ISU next week we would beat them by three scores. Our secondary and QB were severely depleted in that game. perfect storm for them really.

In my biased opinion a 7-4 UND team with a FBS win should get in over any 7-4 team with all FCS wins.

Will have to agree to disagree with respect all FBS wins being considered better than FCS wins for playoff purposes (which is what you implied). Won't blame UND who they scheduled but Wyoming is who they are (a bad team) and many FCS teams are better than them.

With respect to Idaho State game, the results are what the results were. Nova has the same issue with respect to playing without Robertson.

Not saying UND won't make it in but I see Nova's resume to be just as strong assuming both win next week. Either one lose next week and they are out.

WileECoyote06
November 15th, 2015, 09:29 AM
They were not DOMINANT at Chattanooga. They trailed most of the game and squeaked out a 3 point victory. So, when you take this game into account, it makes their MOV even more impressive against the other teams. I guess you could say, "after week one, they were dominant." How about that use of quotes?

I'm looking at the whole season. They played three of the toughest teams on their schedule on the road and were dominant in all but one. Is that more accurate?

I guess the question now should be, "If Chattanooga were to play Jax. State in Alabama; would they win, or how close would the score be?"

jacksfan29
November 15th, 2015, 09:29 AM

Why do Bison fans get so riled. So, let us play this game. That team we beat with USD having the ball inside our territory in the last minute, beat NDSU in Fargo. The team NDSU beat today in Ohio was up going into the 4th quarter. The same team SDSU handed in Ohio handily.

I think the Bison will be above us, but there are times when NDSU fans make fools of themselves. Your post is a great example of the blindness some NDSU fans have.

Milktruck74
November 15th, 2015, 09:35 AM
I'm looking at the whole season. They played three of the toughest teams on their schedule on the road and were dominant in all but one. Is that more accurate?

I guess the question now should be, "If Chattanooga were to play Jax. State in Alabama; would they win, or how close would the score be?"

Good question. I think JSU has gotten stronger as the season went on and the Mocs have held steady.... That said, I feel the Mocs have learned to bring it in big games (it still might not be enough)... There is a pretty good possibility this game is going to happen, so we may not have to speculate!!! I think we will see the rematch on 12/12.

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Even if NAU loses to SUU. they are worthy of a bid
I think for that to be the case NAU needs EWU to beat Portland St next week. If that doesn't happen, who among NAU's 6 D1 wins shows that they belong in the field?

Will have to agree to disagree with respect all FBS wins being considered better than FCS wins for playoff purposes (which is what you implied). Won't blame UND who they scheduled but Wyoming is who they are (a bad team) and many FCS teams are better than them.

With respect to Idaho State game, the results are what the results were. Nova has the same issue with respect to playing without Robertson.

Not saying UND won't make it in but I see Nova's resume to be just as strong assuming both win next week. Either one lose next week and they are out.
Agreed on Nova's resume being stronger than UND with a Richmond win next week but I'd suspect both teams will be in (Nova and UND that is) if they win their regular season finale.

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Why do Bison fans get so riled. So, let us play this game. That team we beat with USD having the ball inside our territory in the last minute, beat NDSU in Fargo. The team NDSU beat today in Ohio was up going into the 4th quarter. The same team SDSU handed in Ohio handily.

I think the Bison will be above us, but there are times when NDSU fans make fools of themselves. Your post is a great example of the blindness some NDSU fans have.
What am I being blind to exactly? I agree NDSU stole a win in Youngstown yesterday. My point is for every point that keeps getting brought up about common opponents and transitive property to favor SDSU there's an equal argument that can be made to favor NDSU. For instance, the same UNI team that SDSU lost to in Brookings NDSU beat in Fargo.

It's borderline comical how some of you try to twist and turn things around so much to avoid the obvious thing that differentiates NDSU and SDSU, and that's the head-to-head win NDSU has in Brookings. Beyond that SDSU's success this season props NDSU up even further because it gives NDSU perhaps the best FCS win of any team in the country. I know SDSU is a very good team and deserving of a high seed but they're really victims of their own success when it comes to comparing them against NDSU.

X-Factor
November 15th, 2015, 09:57 AM

the only reason why NDSU isn't going to be 11-0 this year is because of two last second miracles. Spin it anyway you want. Your rationale does appear flawed.

Big_Fan
November 15th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Dominant in a very weak league....I'll agree with that.

I really think you guys make too much out of the "very weak league" crap.

Seriously.

As bad as SEMO is (as in our backups scored 3 TD's on them in the 4th quarter), they beat SIU. SIU is not one of the better MVFC teams, but they gave NDSU, IN St., and WIU all they wanted. SEMO lost @ IN St by 1... I am not saying SEMO is NDSU, but I am saying that they are on par with the lower-end teams in the MVFC, and probably somewhat better than MSU.

EIU self destructed against WIU in the first game of the season. WIU got 28 points directly off of turnovers. It was a bad loss, but in the grand scheme of things it was no worse than being dominated by South Dakota. I doubt either EIU/WIU, or NDSU/SDU would turn out the same way if it were played again. EIU somewhat redeemed themselves by an overtime loss to ISUr. If not for a miss on a 31 yard fieldgoal with 11 seconds left, ISUr leaves with a loss. EIU may not be NDSU, but they are on comparable with the upper level teams in the MVFC.

UT-M lost to JSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas (who they moved the ball well against), and EIU this past Saturday. They are a hot and cold team with a weak defense and a strong offense. They aren't NDSU, but this year they could play with a lot of MVFC teams.

EKU has slipped a bit. Personally, I think we beat them twice. Getting hammered 34-0 when you are supposed to be great can do that (see LSU vs Arkansas where Alabama beat LSU twice). They are not NDSU, but they are the analog of a middle of the road MVFC team.

The OVC is a 9 team conference. The MVFC is a 10 team league. There are 4 weak teams in the OVC (Peay, Murray, TTU, and TSU). There is SEMO (weakish). EKU, EIU, and UTM al all pretty strong. That said, TTU beat Mercer, and TSU is generally pretty decent. The MVFC has a lot of "good" (not great) teams. There are more EKU/EIU/UTM level teams... but they are not NDSU. Your brethren like to live in the past - or ride the coattails of the hot team (usually NDSU). Your middle level teams like to schedule lower level OVC teams and then brag about winning. It reminds me of Vandy chanting "SEC-SEC-SEC" after a win over Wake Forest in 2013. Yeah... Wake sucked...and the SEC is/was better than the ACC... but that doesn't mean Auburn was beating FSU for the championship.

So I agree... we have dominated a weak(er) league. We have 3 quality league wins, and one quality ooc win. We should have beaten Auburn, but we didn't. non-conference play, we played UTC. While UTC crapped the bed in losing to Mercer (South Dakota's Georgia equivalent), UTC was a top 10 fixture this season. They are a solid team, and still highly ranked. We played Auburn to OT, and while AU is not an FBS contender, they aren't Kansas, North Texas, or SMU.

What I am getting at is this...Shout SEC-SEC...I mean MVC-MVC all you want, Auburn still isn't beating FSU. JSU is loaded, and capable of beating anyone. A championship (or even a deep run) is not a foregone conclusion...crap happens so we still play the games.

...and I will take dominating a "weak" league over losing to USD at home and still shouting "MVC-MVC!" any day.

dwtime
November 15th, 2015, 10:10 AM
You should include in this question Richmond also if they lose to Tribe.

Towson is out IMO as only quality win is Nova.

Nova plays JMU this weekend and must win for them to be 7-4 which puts them on a four game win streak and in playoff beating Richmond and JMU final two weeks.

JMU losing to Nova and Tribe then makes their loss to Richmond not as strong as they have lost 3 in a row but still in playoff at 8-3 with FBS win.

This put us in a toss up between Richmond and UNH for the four CAA bid but Richmond has more quality wins so should be in but committee love UNH. Hard not to take Richmond here.

Finally if Richmond beats the Tribe then they are in playoff with Tribe and JMU and IMO Nova gets final slot.

UNH, Richmond, Nova and Towson all have a chance to get in if they win:

Richmond is in if they beat W&M, 8-3 record no question.
Nova is in if they beat JMU imo not matter what happens to the other three. 7-4 with wins over Fordham, Richmond and JMU.
Towson's only chance to get in is if all of the other three (Richmond, Nova and UNH) lose imo. At 7-4 with no signature wins I see the committee going somewhere else to fill out the bracket.
UNH needs either Richmond or Nova to lose ('assuming' UNH beats Maine of course). At 7-4 I think UNH gets in ahead of Richmond(if Richmond loses to W&M) having won head to head.

If UNH, Richmond and Nova lose I see 3 CAA teams: W&M, JMU, Towson
If UNH and Nova win and Richmond loses I see 4 CAA teams: W&M, JMU, Nova, UNH.
If UNH, Nova and Richmond win I see 4 CAA teams: W&M, JMU, Richmond, Nova
If UNH and Richmond win and Nova loses I see 4 CAA teams: W&M, JMU, Richmond and UNH
Finally if UNH wins and Nova and Richmond lose I see 3 CAA teams: W&M, JMU and UNH

I don't see any way that Richmond gets in losing to W&M. Losing last 3 games of the season, all conference games? No way do they get in.

We shall see how it plays out

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2015, 10:14 AM
I really think you guys make too much out of the "very weak league" crap.

Seriously.

As bad as SEMO is (as in our backups scored 3 TD's on them in the 4th quarter), they beat SIU. SIU is not one of the better MVFC teams, but they gave NDSU, IN St., and WIU all they wanted. SEMO lost @ IN St by 1... I am not saying SEMO is NDSU, but I am saying that they are on par with the lower-end teams in the MVFC, and probably somewhat better than MSU.

EIU self destructed against WIU in the first game of the season. WIU got 28 points directly off of turnovers. It was a bad loss, but in the grand scheme of things it was no worse than being dominated by South Dakota. I doubt either EIU/WIU, or NDSU/SDU would turn out the same way if it were played again. EIU somewhat redeemed themselves by an overtime loss to ISUr. If not for a miss on a 31 yard fieldgoal with 11 seconds left, ISUr leaves with a loss. EIU may not be NDSU, but they are on comparable with the upper level teams in the MVFC.

UT-M lost to JSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas (who they moved the ball well against), and EIU this past Saturday. They are a hot and cold team with a weak defense and a strong offense. They aren't NDSU, but this year they could play with a lot of MVFC teams.

EKU has slipped a bit. Personally, I think we beat them twice. Getting hammered 34-0 when you are supposed to be great can do that (see LSU vs Arkansas where Alabama beat LSU twice). They are not NDSU, but they are the analog of a middle of the road MVFC team.

The OVC is a 9 team conference. The MVFC is a 10 team league. There are 4 weak teams in the OVC (Peay, Murray, TTU, and TSU). There is SEMO (weakish). EKU, EIU, and UTM al all pretty strong. That said, TTU beat Mercer, and TSU is generally pretty decent. The MVFC has a lot of "good" (not great) teams. There are more EKU/EIU/UTM level teams... but they are not NDSU. Your brethren like to live in the past - or ride the coattails of the hot team (usually NDSU). Your middle level teams like to schedule lower level OVC teams and then brag about winning. It reminds me of Vandy chanting "SEC-SEC-SEC" after a win over Wake Forest in 2013. Yeah... Wake sucked...and the SEC is/was better than the ACC... but that doesn't mean Auburn was beating FSU for the championship.

So I agree... we have dominated a weak(er) league. We have 3 quality league wins, and one quality ooc win. We should have beaten Auburn, but we didn't. non-conference play, we played UTC. While UTC crapped the bed in losing to Mercer (South Dakota's Georgia equivalent), UTC was a top 10 fixture this season. They are a solid team, and still highly ranked. We played Auburn to OT, and while AU is not an FBS contender, they aren't Kansas, North Texas, or SMU.

What I am getting at is this...Shout SEC-SEC...I mean MVC-MVC all you want, Auburn still isn't beating FSU. JSU is loaded, and capable of beating anyone. A championship (or even a deep run) is not a foregone conclusion...crap happens so we still play the games.

...and I will take dominating a "weak" league over losing to USD at home and still shouting "MVC-MVC!" any day.

Do you need a break after that salvo?

The OVC is weak this year.

NDSU is not the dominate team they were in '13 but they are still a contender this year. 2 losses in the last seconds of each game. We'll see where they get seeded.

Kemo
November 15th, 2015, 10:14 AM
What am I being blind to exactly? I agree NDSU stole a win in Youngstown yesterday. My point is for every point that keeps getting brought up about common opponents and transitive property to favor SDSU there's an equal argument that can be made to favor NDSU. For instance, the same UNI team that SDSU lost to in Brookings NDSU beat in Fargo.

It's borderline comical how some of you try to twist and turn things around so much to avoid the obvious thing that differentiates NDSU and SDSU, and that's the head-to-head win NDSU has in Brookings. Beyond that SDSU's success this season props NDSU up even further because it gives NDSU perhaps the best FCS win of any team in the country. I know SDSU is a very good team and deserving of a high seed but they're really victims of their own success when it comes to comparing them against NDSU.

I could make a case for SDSU over NDSU just as easy as I can make a case for NDSU over SDSU when it comes to seeding priority, so it really comes down to what each individual values more. Rational minds can reach different conclusions.

I think most believe NDSU will get the nod over SDSU when the committee puts it to a vote, but what annoys some is that idea that it's "unfathomable" to put SDSU over NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2015, 10:16 AM

Nice try.

Bison bitch slapped your team if I remember right.

Both teams are pretty good this year. We'll see where they both get seeded. IMO, NDSU will be higher.

BisonTru
November 15th, 2015, 10:37 AM
^This^. CSU decided to schedule two FBS instead of the normal one and a D2, and one of those FBS should have been very winnable over Troy who beat them by 4 TD's. Not only will Coastal get seeded over CSU as a penalty for them only having 8 D1 wins vs our 10, assuming we win next week and they don't pull off the single largest upset in history, we will also get a minimum of the 5/6 seed. Regardless of the polls putting us 4th I don't think the committee will, nor should they, put us ahead of both SDSU/NDSU (whichever is lower of the two) and ISUr.

Sorry bud, but a bunch of ADs aren't going to punish CSU for playing the schedule they have. Most of these gentleman know how hard it is to put together a schedule and to a lot of programs the pay day FBS games and cheap DII home games are financial necessities.

Chuck South has the head to head victory plus The Citadel victory. Both of those are better performances than anything Coastals done. No way do I think the committee does nor should place CCU over CSU.

I wish as most FCS fans do, that more teams played schedules like Coastals. CCU's schedule makes it very easy to get to the 6-7 wins, and CSU's schedule makes it very difficult to get to that same threshold. But this year their resume is better, JMO.

dwtime
November 15th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Even though my team needs a lot of help and might not make the playoffs this year, I'm really excited about the FCS Tournament. I think at least a dozen teams have a real shot of winning this year, and NDSU will really need their A game to win again. The games next weekend will be crazy, as it should be. This is what makes watching football fun.

Bisonator
November 15th, 2015, 10:41 AM
I could make a case for SDSU over NDSU just as easy as I can make a case for NDSU over SDSU when it comes to seeding priority, so it really comes down to what each individual values more. Rational minds can reach different conclusions.

I think most believe NDSU will get the nod over SDSU when the committee puts it to a vote, but what annoys some is that idea that it's "unfathomable" to put SDSU over NDSU.
How about we get put on opposite sides and settle it in Frisco?xnodx

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2015, 10:43 AM

Agreed. I don't think you can clearly place any of the top 3 MVFC teams in relation to each other without having some question. I think all 3 are bunched tightly that's why I'm of the opinion that head-to-head, both NDSU over SDSU and SDSU over ISUr will loom large next Sunday.

Kemo
November 15th, 2015, 10:49 AM
How about we get put on opposite sides and settle it in Frisco?xnodx

Deal, as long as you promise Wentz won't be back for that game. I know Stick is playing well, but Wentz is super human when playing the Jackrabbits. I think Wentz hasn't gotten enough credit for why the match up earlier played out the way it did. How many 3rd down conversions did he convert with either a frozen rope or dropping one in the bucket? Completely demoralized SDSU as a whole when their offense was struggling and couldn't even get the ball back.

Bisonator
November 15th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Deal, as long as you promise Wentz won't be back for that game. I know Stick is playing well, but Wentz is super human when playing the Jackrabbits. I think Wentz hasn't gotten enough credit for why the match up earlier played out the way it did. How many 3rd down conversions did he convert with either a frozen rope or dropping one in the bucket? Completely demoralized SDSU as a whole when their offense was struggling and couldn't even get the ball back.
No promises. I hope Wentz is back for our first PO game.

centennial
November 15th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Wentz should be ready in 4 weeks. Plus our running backs are healthier, and defense although still inconsistent is getting better. That one bye week will really help. If Wentz is back SDSU is going to struggle again. Hell we haven't lost one with our rfr QB.

centennial
November 15th, 2015, 10:59 AM
No promises. I hope Wentz is back for our first PO game.

He should be hopefully back by the 2nd. 1st game we should easily win anyway, at least I hope since we might be playing a low AQ winner.

Mayville Bison
November 15th, 2015, 11:14 AM

A win is a win. With your logic, the only reason NDSU isn't 10-0 is because of two last second scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 11:25 AM

Well if you look at the stats we more than doubled you in yards (over 400 to less than 200). Hell, our RB moved the ball as much in that game by himself as your whole team did in the entire game. We had the ball for 10 minutes more than you and held you to 10 first down. Without that lucky strip (it's lucky I'm pretty sure no one else has done that to him this season) WE led the whole game and that score would have been 23-13. You didn't earn a score that close, we gave it to you, and you still lost.
We controlled that game. We could actually move the ball. You guys got more than a third of your points off our mistake in the strip. You're only actual TD came off a QB scramble. We made Daddy's Boy 1 dimensional. It's kind of awkward when your QB runs for more than your RB cause he had to scramble 20 times. (Which came out to about 2.5 YPC so he wasn't even doing well at it).
But yeah. If you want to act like we "squeaked it out" you go ahead and do that.
I personally think you should go back to your corner and figure out a way to squeak it out over Mercer next year.

Sioux24/7
November 15th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Forgive me as I have not paid too much attention to FCS Bracketology the last few years but I just have a few questions. Is there a Selection Sunday show or anything? Also, does the committee take into account injuries? I know in college basketball they are always talking about how this team may get in because one of their studs is back and have been playing well because of it as of late. Obviously, this is about UND and Studsrud, not that he is a stud by any means but really seems to make our offense click and most believe our record would look a bit different with him not getting hurt as would other teams without there injuries.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Forgive me as I have not paid too much attention to FCS Bracketology the last few years but I just have a few questions. Is there a Selection Sunday show or anything? Also, does the committee take into account injuries? I know in college basketball they are always talking about how this team may get in because one of their studs is back and have been playing well because of it as of late. Obviously, this is about UND and Studsrud, not that he is a stud by any means but really seems to make our offense click and most believe our record would look a bit different with him not getting hurt as would other teams without there injuries.

Selection show is Sunday morning on ESPNU

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 11:41 AM
So you will just conveniently throw out the head to head game, the #1 measure that every selection committee for any sport in the world uses for tie breakers because SDSU beat a team that NDSU did not even play this year. And you also ignore the fact that NDSU has not lost any game by more than 3 points, and each game they lost was a last second play.

They did call PI on NDSU yesterday you dolt. And FYI, NDSU won quite a few games over the last four years with a come from behind win in games that they did not control from start to finish. The fact that they keep their minds in the game and believe they can pull out a victory makes the team what it is. Apparently you don't know that.

But yet NDSU still trashed SDSU head to head. And is going to at least share the conference title which SDSU is not.

BEHOLD, I have been presented with actual logic. How exciting!
The three points thing is true, they were very close, my problem is only that 3 more of those wins could have easily been a loss and I think the committee looks at that as well, not just the head to head.
My mistake, the pass interference on YSU is what I meant. Still a debatable call I think could have turned the tables. But didn't so whatever.
The fact that a team can scrape out last second victories is not as impressive. That's why no one thought the Atlanta Falcons were good even when they were still 5-0. That's why JSU #1 right now, not because we scrape out last second wins, because we dominate games and control from top to bottom.
And to get you guys off my back, I said you could make arguments to move anyone around. I just think to me SDSU has a better overall resume. But you're right, not being a conference co-Champion and the head will hurt them. But to me, watching the YSU game today hurt more. So I jumped them for today. Chill. It's not a big deal, I promise. Not like my predictions matter anyway. That's why we have a committee.

mgbison
November 15th, 2015, 11:44 AM
The only team I don't want to face is UNI. They scare me more than anyone else in the field.

I'd like to get a chance at Montana in the 2nd round in Fargo. Plus, they are a bigger name program, so the energy will be better in the dome.

It doesn't really matter if they seed SDSU higher than us and we go to Sioux Falls. We've played well on the road (especially at SDSU) over the years. Plus, if the game is in Sioux Falls, I can avoid going to Brookings and stay at Grand Casino and test my luck on the craps table.

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Nobowls is up but the file is too large to do it from my phone. Someone else will have to post it. They've got CSU at the 7 seed but there is no way. Coastal as a 6 seed is what I expect. I will say this though. I'm not sure who the rep is from the Big South this year. If it isn't our AD then we won't get any help from them at all. I do like the regionalization for us though. It would make reasonable sense to put Citadel, Coastal and CSU in the same bracket.

grizband
November 15th, 2015, 11:58 AM

Do you think a 7-4 UND gets in before a 7-4 Montana, who destroyed UND head to head?

Daytripper
November 15th, 2015, 12:02 PM
http://nobowls.com/

BisonTru
November 15th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Nobowls is up but the file is too large to do it from my phone. Someone else will have to post it. They've got CSU at the 7 seed but there is no way. Coastal as a 6 seed is what I expect. I will say this though. I'm not sure who the rep is from the Big South this year. If it isn't our AD then we won't get any help from them at all. I do like the regionalization for us though. It would make reasonable sense to put Citadel, Coastal and CSU in the same bracket.

The only part of this post that makes sense is the last sentence. If your AD is on the committee he can't argue or vote for his own team. Having your AD on the committee is usually a negative. At least a conference rival has the right to argue and/or vote for you. Most likely they will.

Edit: Gardner-Webbs AD is your conference rep.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 12:05 PM
I think Portland State over CSU from a "whose better" standpoint. But looking at the way NoBowls has their bracket set up it looks very solid.

rokamortis
November 15th, 2015, 12:10 PM
The only part of this post that makes sense is the last sentence. If your AD is on the committee he can't argue or vote for his own team. Having your AD on the committee is usually a negative. At least a conference rival has the right to argue and/or vote for you. Most likely they will.

And PC is on the regional committee. I don't think we'll get much help from those guys but not sure if they would push CSU over us or not.

Milktruck74
November 15th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Well if you look at the stats we more than doubled you in yards (over 400 to less than 200). Hell, our RB moved the ball as much in that game by himself as your whole team did in the entire game. We had the ball for 10 minutes more than you and held you to 10 first down. Without that lucky strip (it's lucky I'm pretty sure no one else has done that to him this season) WE led the whole game and that score would have been 23-13. You didn't earn a score that close, we gave it to you, and you still lost.
We controlled that game. We could actually move the ball. You guys got more than a third of your points off our mistake in the strip. You're only actual TD came off a QB scramble. We made Daddy's Boy 1 dimensional. It's kind of awkward when your QB runs for more than your RB cause he had to scramble 20 times. (Which came out to about 2.5 YPC so he wasn't even doing well at it).
But yeah. If you want to act like we "squeaked it out" you go ahead and do that.
I personally think you should go back to your corner and figure out a way to squeak it out over Mercer next year.

If you actually read the thread (or is that too much to ask at your level?), you would know this was in response to a Margin of Victory comment. I guess in your world 3 is a big number...did you have to use your fingers to count that high? I actually spent some time complementing JSU for the fact that the MOV was actually much higher when you do not include the Chattanooga game, so they were actually MORE dominant in those other game.... And thanks for proving what most people think about JSU fans. Enjoy your #1 seed and your early exit from the Playoffs!!!

No_Skill
November 15th, 2015, 12:19 PM

I love this bracket.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 12:24 PM
If you actually read the thread (or is that too much to ask at your level?), you would know this was in response to a Margin of Victory comment. I guess in your world 3 is a big number...did you have to use your fingers to count that high? I actually spent some time complementing JSU for the fact that the MOV was actually much higher when you do not include the Chattanooga game, so they were actually MORE dominant in those other game.... And thanks for proving what most people think about JSU fans. Enjoy your #1 seed and your early exit from the Playoffs!!!

Yeah and you also claimed we sucked against Chat and squeaked it out. Which isn't true. I get very passionate in arguments for some reason. Don't take it personally or against other JSU fans, it's just my problem. Probably cause I just almost set my kitchen on fire, I'm a little edgy. And honestly given our post season record I can only hope you're not right about that. Sorry for going off. I saw the "squeak it out comment" and didn't really bother reading the rest.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 12:25 PM

http://nobowls.com/images/week11.png

Milktruck74
November 15th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Yeah and you also claimed we sucked against Chat and squeaked it out. Which isn't true. I get very passionate in arguments for some reason. Don't take it personally or against other JSU fans, it's just my problem. Probably cause I just almost set my kitchen on fire, I'm a little edgy. And honestly given our post season record I can only hope you're not right about that. Sorry for going off. I saw the "squeak it out comment" and didn't really bother reading the rest.

Generally, Stats are for losers...not in this case. It wasn't about dominating on the field....it was about dominating on the scoreboard. JSU has done so in most of their games this year. they had to come from behind in the 4th qtr to beat chattanooga by 3...and Chattanooga was driving at the end. Now, I never put too much stock in the first game of the year, everybody is trying to get the cobwebs out.

That said, it is difficult for me to be gracious in defeat....I was trying...probably why I jumped back. I've been rooting for you guys all year, and I have a feeling we will get to see you again, but hopefully not too soon....12/12 would be a good day!!!!

clenz
November 15th, 2015, 12:36 PM

UNI does to UND what NDSU did 10/10 times

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Generally, Stats are for losers...not in this case. It wasn't about dominating on the field....it was about dominating on the scoreboard. JSU has done so in most of their games this year. they had to come from behind in the 4th qtr to beat chattanooga by 3...and Chattanooga was driving at the end. Now, I never put too much stock in the first game of the year, everybody is trying to get the cobwebs out.

That said, it is difficult for me to be gracious in defeat....I was trying...probably why I jumped back. I've been rooting for you guys all year, and I have a feeling we will get to see you again, but hopefully not too soon....12/12 would be a good day!!!!

Like wise, I was happy to see you guys put Citadel away yesterday to clinch your playoff spot. I hope you guys can do the same to FSU (I hate them, don't know why, probably because they were my ex girlfriends favorite team lol). It will be interesting to bring you down to Burgess in the second round. According to NoBowls.

Blame these for my being snappy...http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/e95aa7cf0cf64f83af466cece4392cc9.jpg

Those are, or were, Bagel Bites. They look like EKU from the past three weeks. :(

clenz
November 15th, 2015, 12:37 PM
the only reason why NDSU isn't going to be 11-0 this year is because of two last second miracles. Spin it anyway you want. Your rationale does appear flawed.

FWIW, NDSU needed a "last second miracle " to beat UNI

CID1990
November 15th, 2015, 12:42 PM

You're going to have to help me out here.

How is it there is no way CSU gets a 7 seed, but you expect CCU to get a 6 seed?

That don't make no sense.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 12:47 PM

How is it there is no way CSU gets a 7 seed, but you expect CCU to get a 6 seed?

The way I see it is CSU lost to Troy, CCU lost to a team that lost to Troy. So neither of them deserve the playoffs.

But in all seriousness I could see CSU at 7 if PSU blows up and doesn't do much against EWU and CSU gives Bama a run for their money (which I really really really hope they do because Buck Fama)
I don't see anyway CCU gets a a seed short of PSU and W+M losing. And I don't see that happening. As some people are quick to point out, you can't place team A over team B if team B beat team A.

JaxSinfonian
November 15th, 2015, 12:57 PM

Your larger point may stand, but your claim that JSU trailed most of the game is false. UTC led for 15 minutes, 34 seconds of the game, while JSU led for 14 minutes, 15 seconds. For a majority of the game, 30 minutes, 11 seconds, the score was tied.

JSU did top the Mocs in most statistical categories, particularly in rushing offense and total offense, but it's a credit to the UTC team that such advantages weren't enough to make the win easy for the Gamecocks.

And thanks for proving what most people think about JSU fans.

This is interesting. Please elaborate. What do "most people" think about JSU fans, and how is this view confirmed by the writing of one fan who is just over a week into his AGS membership and is apparently trying to win an award for highest average number of posts per day?

Sioux24/7
November 15th, 2015, 01:00 PM

http://politicsarizona.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/lee-corso1.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCP7A8LaOk8kCFUgzJgodK_oKgg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpoliticsarizona.com%2F2015%2F10%2 F22%2Fkelli-ward-misleads-public-on-fundraising%2F&psig=AFQjCNEpflj_BepA8rpHUSCr0UBzL36VqQ&ust=1447700351920377)

BisonTru
November 15th, 2015, 01:00 PM

We didn't put away 4 teams. When you play tight games you're left with the result you got. NDSU won 2, lost 2. Had we been a little less fortunate we could be sitting at 7-4. And if we would have done a better job lining the officials pocket as the Fuzy Furple Fellow is/was suggesting we may be undefeated.

All in all 9-2 is a pretty fair result considering 4 games we left up in the air.

Milktruck74
November 15th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Your larger point may stand, but your claim that JSU trailed most of the game is false. UTC led for 15 minutes, 34 seconds of the game, while JSU led for 14 minutes, 15 seconds. For a majority of the game, 30 minutes, 11 seconds, the score was tied.

JSU did top the Mocs in most statistical categories, particularly in rushing offense and total offense, but it's a credit to the UTC team that such advantages weren't enough to make the win easy for the Gamecocks.

This is interesting. Please elaborate. What do "most people" think about JSU fans, and how is this view confirmed by the writing of one fan who is just over a week into his AGS membership and is apparently trying to win an award for highest average number of posts per day?

That's funny.

clenz
November 15th, 2015, 01:12 PM
We didn't put away 4 teams. When you play tight games you're left with the result you got. NDSU won 2, lost 2. Had we been a little less fortunate we could be sitting at 7-4. And if we would have done a better job lining the officials pocket as the Fuzy Furple Fellow is/was suggesting we may be undefeated.

All in all 9-2 is a pretty fair result considering 4 games we left up in the air.

NDSU does seem to be on the right side of a lot of late game, controversial,PI penalties

2013 comes to mind

Southern Bison
November 15th, 2015, 01:16 PM
NDSU does seem to be on the right side of a lot of late game, controversial,PI penalties

2013 comes to mind
Hmm...really? 2010 comes to my mind.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BisonTru
November 15th, 2015, 01:18 PM

2013 comes to mind

In '13 we only had two close games KState and UNI. We came out on top in both. If you dominate 13 games and have two close ones it is fairly likely you go undefeated..

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Stats.com Bracket... (http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20151115121749698507704)

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 01:22 PM
That's funny.

I mean he's not wrong. I'm pretty loud sometimes.

F'N Hawks
November 15th, 2015, 01:31 PM

I have been breaking this down but obviously there are a ton of scenarios still. There is no way in hell The Citadel gets in over UND (if UND wins) and both are 7-4. Look at the resume's, it's not even close. Does anybody know if they take impressive wins into account when debating between two teams or is it strictly polls, etc?

Also, I do need to take into account that STATS may have UND losing at Poly, which knocks them out.

I think the loser of NAU/SUU is out.

The CAA is the wildcard when it comes to at-larges. They could get four.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 01:37 PM
The Stats bracket is as usual complete garbage....That said I am not sure how they do it but SUU/NAU is a loser our scenario, EWU can't get into the field if PSU is seeded since they would need to beat PSU to get in, UNI and EIU should be paired up and I could go on and on ripping it.

Rollbird5
November 15th, 2015, 01:40 PM

UNI, NDSU, and SDSU on the other side of the bracket? I would love that

JayJ79
November 15th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Plus, if the game is in Sioux Falls, I can avoid going to Brookings and stay at Grand Casino and test my luck on the craps table.

I once got thrown out of a casino b/c I got drunk and totally misinterpretted what they meant by "craps table".

oops.

JayJ79
November 15th, 2015, 01:46 PM

that's what all of the Panther fanbase thought in 2006, too.

F'N Hawks
November 15th, 2015, 02:02 PM
that's what all of the Panther fanbase thought in 2006, too.

UNI is a terrible matchup for UND. UND needs a team that is average/good along the defensive line, not dominant.

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 02:27 PM

Fair enough. I didn't even think about our rep having to be recused to discuss us. GWU might give us some help since we played them little better than CSU did. We'll have to wait and see. Most of the co Terence has been pretty sour about our departure. They even took the conference championships that were already setup for Basketball, Baseball and Volleyball out of our facilities.

clenz
November 15th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Hmm...really? 2010 comes to my mind.

You mean the game you had -44 yards rushing and video/photos showed no contact and a ball that was 5 yards beyond being catchable

Compared to 2013 where this was called PI and set up the game winning score for NDSU?

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/77/277a93ac-ae01-5eea-83b3-da80f82843f3/5250b71663ecf.preview-620.jpg

Yeah, that's the NDSU WR grabbing UNI CB Makinton Dorleant by the facemask from the back side with no chance to catch the ball...mean while Dorleant is in perfect position to make the pick

But, that's PI on UNI

Southern Bison
November 15th, 2015, 02:39 PM
You mean the game you had -44 yards rushing and video/photos showed no contact and a ball that was 5 yards beyond being catchable

Compared to 2013 where this was called PI and set up the game winning score for NDSU?

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/77/277a93ac-ae01-5eea-83b3-da80f82843f3/5250b71663ecf.preview-620.jpg

Yeah, that's the NDSU WR grabbing UNI CB Makinton Dorleant by the facemask from the back side with no chance to catch the ball...mean while Dorleant is in perfect position to make the pick

But, that's PI on UNI
Nope...2010 at EWU.

BEAR
November 15th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Southland:
Autobid-McNeese
At-large: Central Arkansas
Bubble: Sam Houston

UCA should be considered the at-large because they have 7 true division I wins.
Sam should be considered at large because they are playing catch up to UCA because they have a D2 win and are third in conference behind UCA. A win by Sam against UCA would only put them even with UCA.

UNDColorado
November 15th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Do you think a 7-4 UND gets in before a 7-4 Montana, who destroyed UND head to head?

Why not both?

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Southland:
Autobid-McNeese
At-large: Central Arkansas
Bubble: Sam Houston

UCA should be considered the at-large because they have 7 true division I wins.
Sam should be considered at large because they are playing catch up to UCA because they have a D2 win and are third in conference behind UCA. A win by Sam against UCA would only put them even with UCA.

Head to head gives SHSU the massive leg up should they win...UCA could still could get in with a loss to SHSU but would need bubble Armageddon to happen. If UCA wins obviously they are in.

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 02:53 PM
The way I see it is CSU lost to Troy, CCU lost to a team that lost to Troy. So neither of them deserve the playoffs.

But in all seriousness I could see CSU at 7 if PSU blows up and doesn't do much against EWU and CSU gives Bama a run for their money (which I really really really hope they do because Buck Fama)
I don't see anyway CCU gets a a seed short of PSU and W+M losing. And I don't see that happening. As some people are quick to point out, you can't place team A over team B if team B beat team A.
That's a bulls*** argument. It happens time and time again. They will also look at performance against common opponents and we've done better against this common opponents GWU and Monmouth. I'd also like to see us beat Liberty by two TD's to sure up this argument. They narrowly beat us on a bad day. They also played what are essentially two D-2s. North Greenville is a D-2 and ETSU who's got to be the single worst team in the FCS right now with losses to D-3's and 1 win over an NAIA. In my opinion you are talking about seeding a team with 7 D-1 wins over a team with 10 D1 wins, higher rankings in the coach's and media polls and better performances against 3 late season common opponents. Body of work and historic performance (once again you can like it or not but this will play a factor) will put Coastal above CSU in seeding.

Daytripper
November 15th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Head to head gives SHSU the massive leg up should they win...UCA could still get in with a loss to SHSU but would need bubble Armageddon to happen. If UCA wins obviously they are in.

What he said. Except SHSU doesn't get in if they lose to UCA.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 02:58 PM
That's a bulls*** argument.
I'm completely aware. But when I tried to place team A above team B team B fans didn't like it very much.

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 03:00 PM

Because CSU only has 8 D1 wins and 1 of those is against a ridiculously bad ETSU. They may sneak in at an 8 seed but that would be about it IMO

ElCid
November 15th, 2015, 03:03 PM
I have been breaking this down but obviously there are a ton of scenarios still. There is no way in hell The Citadel gets in over UND (if UND wins) and both are 7-4. Look at the resume's, it's not even close. Does anybody know if they take impressive wins into account when debating between two teams or is it strictly polls, etc?

Also, I do need to take into account that STATS may have UND losing at Poly, which knocks them out.

Not even close? Really? ND has at least 2 bad losses. The Citadel has none. OK ND beat an FBS, a victory over a really bad FBS team even below Fordham's win over Amy, Furman's win over UCF and Liberty's win over Ga St.....all of which are ranked in the computes over Wyoming and that is pretty hard to do. OK, besides the FBS win, ND has one good win over PSU but taken with the bad losses......yeah, it is close, today. In the end, consistency will rule the day. And I am not sure ND will get by Cal-Poly anyway so the point is probably moot.

Opponent
Massey Rank DIV I
Sagarin Rank 1-253
Result
Current AGS

ND

ORV

Wyoming
W 24-13
FBS

Drake
W 21-18
NR

NDSU
L 9-34

UC Davis
W 31-24
NR

PSU
W 19-17

Idaho St
L 31-37
NR

Weber
L 24-25
NR

Montana
L 16-42
ORV

Montana St
W 44-38
NR

N Colorado
W 45-14
NR

Cal Poly

NR

Current SOS

Opponent
Massey Rank DIV I
Sagarin Rank
1-253
Result
Current AGS

The Citadel

Davidson
W 69-0
NR

WCU
W 28-10
ORV

Ga So
L 13-48
FBS

CSU
L 20-33

Wofford
W 39-12
NR

Samford
W 44-25
NR

Furman
W 38-17
NR

Mercer
W 21-19
NR

VMI
W 35-10
NR

UTC
L 23-31

USC

FBS

Current SOS

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 03:04 PM
I'm completely aware. But when I tried to place team A above team B team B fans didn't like it very much.
Of course they didn't because they are fans of team B. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you can call it untrue or ignore it. FACT: CCU will be seeded before and above CSU

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 03:08 PM
FACT: CCU will be seeded before and above CSU

I wouldn't go that far. Not until I see what happens this weekend, although it is definitely a possibility.

And I was mostly saying it as a small jab at team B fans.

BEAR
November 15th, 2015, 03:11 PM
What he said. Except SHSU doesn't get in if they lose to UCA.

I think SHSU needs to win to be a bubble team because only then would they have 7 wins. Bubble team at best.

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 03:16 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Not until I see what happens this weekend, although it is definitely a possibility.

And I was mostly saying it as a small jab at team B fans.
Apologies, I should have put that caveat on it as I have in most of my other posts about this. Liberty always plays us tough regardless. We'll see how it goes, but I'm hoping for a 2 TD victory. Give the Team B fans hell. I do ;)

F'N Hawks
November 15th, 2015, 03:17 PM
El Cid, you have zero impressive wins The Citadels best win is vs Western Carolina, who is not a playoff team. Impressive losses are not going to help you or UND

UNDColorado
November 15th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Not even close? Really? ND has at least 2 bad losses. The Citadel has none. OK ND beat an FBS, a victory over a really bad FBS team even below Fordham's win over Amy, Furman's win over UCF and Liberty's win over Ga St.....all of which are ranked in the computes over Wyoming and that is pretty hard to do. OK, besides the FBS win, ND has one good win over PSU but taken with the bad losses......yeah, it is close, today. In the end, consistency will rule the day. And I am not sure ND will get by Cal-Poly anyway so the point is probably moot.

Opponent
Massey Rank DIV I
Sagarin Rank 1-253
Result
Current AGS

ND

ORV

Wyoming
W 24-13
FBS

Drake
W 21-18
NR

NDSU
L 9-34

UC Davis
W 31-24
NR

PSU
W 19-17

Idaho St
L 31-37
NR

Weber
L 24-25
NR

Montana
L 16-42
ORV

Montana St
W 44-38
NR

N Colorado
W 45-14
NR

Cal Poly

NR

Current SOS

Opponent
Massey Rank DIV I
Sagarin Rank
1-253
Result
Current AGS

The Citadel

Davidson
W 69-0
NR

WCU
W 28-10
ORV

Ga So
L 13-48
FBS

CSU
L 20-33

Wofford
W 39-12
NR

Samford
W 44-25
NR

Furman
W 38-17
NR

Mercer
W 21-19
NR

VMI
W 35-10
NR

UTC
L 23-31

USC

FBS

Current SOS

I see you are a little touchy since your team is on the bubble as well. Sorry but no way Citadel gets in over UND if they are both 7-4. A lot has to play out yet so keep calm.

Daytripper
November 15th, 2015, 03:19 PM
I think SHSU needs to win to be a bubble team because only then would they have 7 wins. Bubble team at best.

I think if Sam wins they are in - if they lose they are out....simple as that. Whether it is fair or not, their reputation will keep them off the bubble if they beat UCA.

ElCid
November 15th, 2015, 03:25 PM
El Cid, you have zero impressive wins The Citadels best win is vs Western Carolina, who is not a playoff team. Impressive losses are not going to help you or UND

That's my point. You had an impressive win, the best so far for us is WCU. But you can't ignore bad losses, of which we have none and you have 2. I think that matters. Our SOS is higher as well, albeit marginally as of today. Like I said, if you win we can revisit but that is a tall order for ND next week. If we happen to win, somehow if the moons align correctly, I think that will end the debate.

BEAR
November 15th, 2015, 03:28 PM
I think if Sam wins they are in - if they lose they are out....simple as that. Whether it is fair or not, their reputation will keep them off the bubble if they beat UCA.

So UCA has won 7 of its last 8 and that doesn't count?
Reputation? You mean previous years? I thought playoff determination was decided by how you did THIS year. Isn't this the 2015 playoffs? WTF does last year have to do with it? Why are they even looking at overall wins in DI if they bother with last years reputation.

Right now UCA has a reputation....no wait....has 7 division one wins. Is second in the SLC. Sam has 6 division I wins and is third in the SLC. That's what is happening THIS year. Time for the Bearkats to play catchup to UCA. If it comes down to 2 teams making the playoffs from the SLC, if Sam wins at UCA they sure shouldn't be considered the at large.

CSU18
November 15th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Because CSU only has 8 D1 wins and 1 of those is against a ridiculously bad ETSU. They may sneak in at an 8 seed but that would be about it IMO

I love how you think CCU's non-conference schedule is so solid. 3 point win at Furman, and a win over SC State aren't exactly marquee wins. Not to mention that you kicked a last second field goal to beat Monmouth.

Daytripper
November 15th, 2015, 03:37 PM
So UCA has won 7 of its last 8 and that doesn't count?
Reputation? You mean previous years? I thought playoff determination was decided by how you did THIS year. Isn't this the 2015 playoffs? WTF does last year have to do with it? Why are they even looking at overall wins in DI if they bother with last years reputation.

Right now UCA has a reputation....no wait....has 7 division one wins. Is second in the SLC. Sam has 6 division I wins and is third in the SLC. That's what is happening THIS year. Time for the Bearkats to play catchup to UCA. If it comes down to 2 teams making the playoffs from the SLC, if Sam wins at UCA they sure shouldn't be considered the at large.

In a perfect world it would be determined by THIS YEAR. But reality is different. It may not be fair, but it is what it is. And when it comes to determining who gets in, head-to-head plays a huge part. The Southland will get two teams in...the at-large will be the winner of the shsu-uca game. That is all I am saying.

Also, Sam is ranked in the top 20 in all polls. If they beat a ranked UCA team, they will likely move up to top 15 in most all polls. They are not going to leave a top 15 team out of the playoffs.

ElCid
November 15th, 2015, 03:46 PM
I see you are a little touchy since your team is on the bubble as well. Sorry but no way Citadel gets in over UND if they are both 7-4. A lot has to play out yet so keep calm.

Why? For The Citadel, higher SOS and computer rank. Losses to 2 Top 8-12(?) FCS teams. Losses to 2 good FBS teams (probably). No losses to unranked teams.

Versus, for ND, win over bottom 10 FBS team, win over top 10 FCS team, 2 losses to top 2? 20? FCS teams (I think Montana is back in) AND 2 losses to unranked teams.

You can't even begin to believe this is open and shut. No way? Lot's of ways. What are you hanging your hat on? Wyoming? PSU? Or a little of both, because that is all there is and Wyoming just will not hack it. Always nice to get an FBS win, but they are petty much of a joke. There are a lot of pieces left but I am not overly worried about ND.

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 03:47 PM
I love how you think CCU's non-conference schedule is so solid. 3 point win at Furman, and a win over SC State aren't exactly marquee wins. Not to mention that you kicked a last second field goal to beat Monmouth.
It's not stellar, but overall it's better than CSU's. That D-2 game hurts you. There is no way you could have known how good or bad the ETSU game would have looked when you booked it, but they've lost to not 1 but 2 D-3's this year. That's a terrible game and shouldn't look any better than a D2. We also had Furman who looked promosing to begin the year but ended up being awful. We do have a decent WIU win. They beat UNI and held Youngstown close before getting killed by NDSU and ISUr. They honestly don't have a really bad loss, but are a slightly better than average team in a helluva good conference. Overall our schedule, record, ranking, performance against common opponents (depending upon the Liberty outcome) and playoff performance is better than CSU's. We will seed above you pending Thursday.

ElCid
November 15th, 2015, 03:57 PM
It's not stellar, but overall it's better than CSU's. That D-2 game hurts you. There is no way you could have known how good or bad the ETSU game would have looked when you booked it, but they've lost to not 1 but 2 D-3's this year. That's a terrible game and shouldn't look any better than a D2. We also had Furman who looked promosing to begin the year but ended up being awful. We do have a decent WIU win. They beat UNI and held Youngstown close before getting killed by NDSU and ISUr. They honestly don't have a really bad loss, but are a slightly better than average team in a helluva good conference. Overall our schedule, record, ranking, performance against common opponents (depending upon the Liberty outcome) and playoff performance is better than CSU's. We will seed above you pending Thursday.

CCU had a pretty good OOC schedule this year. Not sure where he is coming from. I just wish we had scheduled another FSC versus both GaSo and USC.

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 04:06 PM
CCU had a pretty good OOC schedule this year. Not sure where he is coming from. I just wish we had scheduled another FSC versus both GaSo and USC.
It was even better until WCU backed out to pick up an FBS. I understand them doing so, but if I remember correctly it happened kind of late. I think we slid Bryant in to replace them but I can't pinpoint who the actual replacement was.

JALMOND
November 15th, 2015, 04:06 PM
These prognosticators who have PSU playing the winner of Montana and whoever, I like that. For as much fun as the Halloween game was, throwing in a playoff game would be even better (that is if the Griz can get out of the first round).

X-Factor
November 15th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Yep. You are going to win some and your going to lose some. Bison have been on both sides this year, which is about right for win/loss if your only looking at close games.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 04:09 PM
I find it hilarious that CCU fans think they should be seeded over CSU....One thing you lost to them, they won the conference you didn't and they have another solid win against the Citadel. They will finish the season with two FBS loses...one of which to the best team in all of DI.

CCU has really no good wins, zero over any playoff teams. If they get the seed it will be purely based on reputation and nothing that has a damn thing to do with this season.

CSU18
November 15th, 2015, 04:19 PM

I'm just saying it's not like they scheduled a bunch of top 25 teams for their non-conference. I don't disagree that CSU handcuffs themselves by playing 2 FBS opponents and a D2. The FBS's are a must right now so that renovations to the stadium can be done and seating can be increased. With that said only having 8 opportunities to get 7 D1 wins requires little room for error.

rokamortis
November 15th, 2015, 04:25 PM
I find it hilarious that CCU fans think they should be seeded over CSU....One thing you lost to them, they won the conference you didn't and they have another solid win against the Citadel. They will finish the season with two FBS loses...one of which to the best team in all of DI.

CCU has really no good wins, zero over any playoff teams. If they get the seed it will be purely based on reputation and nothing that has a damn thing to do with this season.

Here is Dom Izzo's take:
https://twitter.com/domizzowday/status/665889832149774336

Direct link: http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bracketology-7-0/

http://i0.wp.com/bisonmedia.areavoices.com/files/2015/11/Bracketology-7-FINAL.png

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 04:26 PM
one of which to the best team in all of DI.

I didn't know CSU scheduled Ohio State. I just heard they scheduled some chumps from Tuscaloosa.

rokamortis
November 15th, 2015, 04:29 PM
I'm just saying it's not like they scheduled a bunch of top 25 teams for their non-conference. I don't disagree that CSU handcuffs themselves by playing 2 FBS opponents and a D2. The FBS's are a must right now so that renovations to the stadium can be done and seating can be increased. With that said only having 8 opportunities to get 7 D1 wins requires little room for error.

Liberty actually has a good strategy. Schedule a money game and a winnable G5 game. In the years you are good you should beat the G5 team. But GS and SC is a rough schedule.

Cocky
November 15th, 2015, 04:31 PM
I just hope people are still hating us in January.

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 04:35 PM
I don't understand how a person who is a fan of a team with one bad and one so-so loss as well as 3 one possession wins (that PI and no false start was BS yesterday BTW just like the incomplete pass when we were driving last year) and still looks to seed 2nd or 3rd can't understand my arguments. The argument that a 10 D1 win team will seed over a 9 win team that includes a win over a D-2 and a team that can't even beat D-3's. The argument that the same two teams played 3 late season common opponents and the 10-win team outperformed the 9 win team. The argument that a one possession H2H loss won't dictate the seeding even though the person in disagreements team were seeded over the UNI team that beat them last year just like Coastal was seeded over the Liberty team that beat them. The argument that the 10 win team will also seed above the 9 win team due to past playoff performance, better facilities and #4 rankings by the Coaches and Media because history says those matter. I don't understand any of that.

mmiller_34
November 15th, 2015, 04:37 PM
If Chuck South beats Alabama next weekend they get the #1 seed.

rokamortis
November 15th, 2015, 04:38 PM

Deal!

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 04:41 PM
The argument that the 10 win team will also seed above the 9 win team due to past playoff performance, better facilities and #4 rankings by the Coaches and Media because history says those matter. I don't understand any of that.

That is all I wanted to hear...Like I said before if CCU is a seed and CSU is not it is mostly on rep and other BS. That is a major reason why CCU is incorrectly ahead of them in the polls.

NDSU was seeded over UNI last year because NDSU was 10-1 and UNI 7-4....a rather monumental difference. If NDSU is the 2 seed, history/rep will play into it a bit as well. I can admit that.

mgbison
November 15th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Yep. You are going to win some and your going to lose some. Bison have been on both sides this year, which is about right for win/loss if your only looking at close games.

UNI wasn't a last second miracle. It was both defenses were terrible in the 4th quarter and whoever had the ball last was gonna win the game. Lucky for us, we got it back with 2 minutes.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 04:55 PM
UNI wasn't a last second miracle.
Game winning score over a team that spent about 56 minutes of the game winning with :35 on the clock in the dome because you just so happened to have the ball at the right time?
Not a last second miracle at all.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Game winning score over a team that spent about 58 minutes of the game winning with :35 on the clock in the dome because you just so happened to have the ball at the right time?

It wasn't really a miracle, the 4th quarter was a see-saw battle. Last team with ball was going to win since neither defense could do much. Just that kind of game.

A miracle is more like when Michigan State beat Michigan on a blocked punt TD.

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 05:02 PM
I should add that I am a big fan of Richmond this week as an Alum and a Coastal fan. Beat the Tribe and stay alive!

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Who is the Big South playoff rep on the committee?

centennial
November 15th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Game winning score over a team that spent about 56 minutes of the game winning with :35 on the clock in the dome because you just so happened to have the ball at the right time?

I really hope we shut up JSU. And then all your Novembist fans will disappear. I am still more afraid of UNI, SDSU, ISUr then your bunch of merry FBS transfers.

rokamortis
November 15th, 2015, 05:16 PM
That is all I wanted to hear...Like I said before if CCU is a seed and CSU is not it is mostly on rep and other BS. That is a major reason why CCU is incorrectly ahead of them in the polls.

NDSU was seeded over UNI last year because NDSU was 10-1 and UNI 7-4....a rather monumental difference. If NDSU is the 2 seed, history/rep will play into it a bit as well. I can admit that.

So how do you feel about NDSU's placement in the polls in regard to Illinois State?

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 05:17 PM
So how do you feel about NDSU's placement in the polls in regard to Illinois State?

ISUR doesn't really have a great win, I guess they did beat UNI but so did NDSU. Kind of a toss up, wish the two would have played each other.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 05:18 PM
I really hope we shut up JSU. And then all your Novembist fans will disappear. I am still more afraid of UNI, SDSU, ISUr then your bunch of merry FBS transfers.

I'm not talking about JSU right now, just stating the facts of what happened at the NDSU-UNI game and giving my opinion. But ok.

But sure, be afraid of the team that got taken to OT by EIU. That's your business.

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Who is the Big South playoff rep on the committee?
Someone said earlier that it was the GWU AD (CSU and CCU both shut them out, but Coastal's margin was bigger). They also said the PC AD was on the regionalization committee. I looked this morning and could not find that info.

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 05:21 PM
Here is Dom Izzo's take:
https://twitter.com/domizzowday/status/665889832149774336

Direct link: http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bracketology-7-0/

http://i0.wp.com/bisonmedia.areavoices.com/files/2015/11/Bracketology-7-FINAL.png
I like this bracket, but think you pull Bethune Cookman and insert a Citadel-CSU rematch in the first round. I don't see inviting a team from a conference that pulled out of the playoffs and has never won a game in lieu of SoCon runner up Citadel. I know they don't like in conference rematches early, but this is an out of conference rematch game that would pull a huge crowd, have the lowest travel cost of any game and the original match-up was over 3 months from the first round date.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 05:23 PM
I like this bracket, but think you pull Bethune Cookman and insert a Citadel-CSU rematch in the first round. I don't see inviting a team from a conference that pulled out of the playoffs and has never won a game in lieu of SoCon runner up Citadel. I know they don't like in conference rematches early, but this is an out of conference rematch game that would pull a huge crowd, have the lowest travel cost of any game and the original match-up was over 3 months from the first round date.

Agreed, the MEAC has no rep and everybody in that room will have teams they would much rather push for then a MEAC team with zero good wins.

SUUTbird
November 15th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Though I would love to see 4 Big Sky teams in the Playoffs I feel that we will be lucky if we get 3 in, a lot of it is going to come down to the results of the NAU vs SUU, MSU vs Montana and PSU vs EWU games.

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Agreed, the MEAC has no rep and everybody in that room will have teams they would much rather push for then a MEAC team with zero good wins.
Well looky there. We can agree on something. xdrunkyx

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Though I would love to see 4 Big Sky teams in the Playoffs I feel that we will be lucky if we get 3 in, a lot of it is going to come down to the results of the NAU vs SUU, MSU vs Montana and PSU vs EWU games.

Don't forget about UND at CP.

SUUTbird
November 15th, 2015, 05:36 PM
^ Very true, even then though I still think we will be lucky to get 3 teams in.

rokamortis
November 15th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Someone said earlier that it was the GWU AD (CSU and CCU both shut them out, but Coastal's margin was bigger). They also said the PC AD was on the regionalization committee. I looked this morning and could not find that info.

It is in here: http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2015-16_DIFCS_PreChamps_20150924.pdf

rokamortis
November 15th, 2015, 05:42 PM
ISUR doesn't really have a great win, I guess they did beat UNI but so did NDSU. Kind of a toss up, wish the two would have played each other.

NDSU's losses are worse.

UNDColorado
November 15th, 2015, 05:48 PM
So you are saying your win over Davidson is bigger than our win over Wyoming. Makes total sense.

Also, your conference schedule is no tougher than a Big Sky conference schedule. It's a toss up at best.

I would be questioning scheduling USC as your season finale as that can't help your playoff chances. Win that game and I will personally tell you I was 100% wrong.

X-Factor
November 15th, 2015, 06:06 PM
It wasn't really a miracle, the 4th quarter was a see-saw battle. Last team with ball was going to win since neither defense could do much. Just that kind of game.

A miracle is more like when Michigan State beat Michigan on a blocked punt TD.
Don't bother with him. It is clear as day he is a Bison hater with an agenda, for which we should expect to see many more of them after curbstomping the FCS for 4+ years. It is just part of being successful. :cool:

RootinFerDukes
November 15th, 2015, 06:19 PM
The Fcs playoffs will be more competitive in the eastern us because you're replacing a meac cupcake with a 7-4 team from a top 5 conference.
It will result in far more watchable football.

Daytripper
November 15th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Meh.

FootballCEO
November 15th, 2015, 06:23 PM
If Bethune beats FAMU this weekend, they'll get in

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 06:24 PM
If Bethune beats FAMU this weekend, they'll get in

Highly doubt it. Zero wins of significance, from a garbage conference team that can't win playoff games. Nobody in that room will go to bat for them.

JayJ79
November 15th, 2015, 06:27 PM
I like to imagine the playoff committee sitting there with popcorn, watching these squabbles.
(though in reality, I'm sure they give exactly zero *****s about AGS, even though there are some quite knowledgable folks in here mixed with the blowhards)

FootballCEO
November 15th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Highly doubt it. Zero wins of significance, from a garbage conference team that can't win playoff games. Nobody in that room will go to bat for them.

9-2 > 6-4. They'd be hard pressed to keep them out. Tough MEAC this year and they beat the potential SWAC champ Grambling

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 06:33 PM
9-2 > 6-4. They'd be hard pressed to keep them out. Tough MEAC this year and they beat the potential SWAC champ Grambling

For one lets be real, BCU is 8-2 against DI competition and that 9th win against something called Lane was a struggle for them. I doubt they bump a seven win DI team that actually has quality wins. Like UND who beat Wyo and Portland State or UNH who beat Richmond or Nova who beat Fordham and Richmond or Montana who beat NDSU.

If the MEAC wants to be in the FCS playoffs I would suggest they reapply for the autobid...otherwise you will be forever forgotten in that committee room.

Too many seven DI win teams from good conferences to let some garbage MEAC team in.

FootballCEO
November 15th, 2015, 06:34 PM
For one lets be real, BCU is 8-2 against DI competition and that 9th win against something called Lane was a struggle for them. I doubt they bump a seven win DI team that actually has quality wins. Like UND who beat Wyo and Portland State or UNH who beat Richmond or Nova who beat Fordham and Richmond or Montana who beat NDSU.

Too many seven DI win teams for good conferences.

It's hard to win games in college football and BCU has done it 8 times, 7 vs D1 competition and potentially will get an 8th vs FAMU

Daytripper
November 15th, 2015, 06:37 PM
It's hard to win games in college football and BCU has done it 8 times, 7 vs D1 competition and potentially will get an 8th vs FAMU

The loser of SHSU and UCA has a better playoff resume than BCU. That's sad.

mmiller_34
November 15th, 2015, 06:37 PM

Not all wins are equal. Until the MEAC shows some strength in OOC, nothing will change.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 06:38 PM

Like I said before, if a MEAC team wants to be in the playoffs...I suggest that they stop being a MEAC team and join a real FCS conference. They made their bed and they can lay in it, enjoy your BS bowl.

FootballCEO
November 15th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Like I said before, if a MEAC team wants to be in the playoffs...I suggest that they stop being a MEAC team and join a real FCS conference. They made their bed and they can lay in it, enjoy your BS bowl.

They play in an FCS D1 conference. Also, they have a unique opportunity to have a really good bowl participant (A&T) and a playoff participant in BCU.

RootinFerDukes
November 15th, 2015, 06:41 PM

You forgot to mention that they are second place in that conference.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 06:43 PM
They play in an FCS D1 conference. Also, they have a unique opportunity to have a really good bowl participant (A&T) and a playoff participant in BCU.

What is the MEAC playoff record this past decade? A real conference that is deserving of an at-large would actually have won a game or two.

I would rather the Pioneer get a second team in, at least that league embraces what the FCS is all about even though they are god awful.

mmiller_34
November 15th, 2015, 06:45 PM

The Pioneer Conference is also, technically, an FCS D-1 conference.

I would argue that D-1 level of football is not being played in that conference. Same can be said for MEAC and SWAC.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Remember when Lehigh went 10-1 and didn't make it...A big shiny record with nothing backing it up guarantees you nothing. Hell Lehigh at least has done things in the playoffs.

RootinFerDukes
November 15th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Ive been watching these swac and meac games all season and they aren't impressive at all. Your meac champion didn't even score against a winless Delaware state team until about halfway into the second quarter.
It seems that literally one third of all TDs scored have a missed or blocked pat.
When you can convert 99% of your PATs then we can talk.

RootinFerDukes
November 15th, 2015, 06:48 PM
The Pioneer Conference is also, technically, an FCS D-1 conference.

I would argue that D-1 level of football is not being played in that conference. Same can be said for MEAC and SWAC.

The pioneer is D3 football with a D1 label. They don't offer scholarships.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 06:56 PM
I hate to be an ass CEO but I don't have any love for the MEAC, after they abandoned the FCS playoffs I am going to rip anyone that pushes for one of their undeserving teams to get into the field as an at-large. Their entire schedule does nothing for me, if they want to be in the playoffs and the committee should absolutely say this...Go out and schedule FCS playoff conference teams in non-conference and actually give people a reason to want a second place MEAC team in the playoffs. This BS about it being tough to win games is just so weak. If Grambling is their best win...then they've beaten nobody.

mmiller_34
November 15th, 2015, 06:57 PM
The pioneer is D3 football with a D1 label. They don't offer scholarships.

Exactly my point...

jmrepak
November 15th, 2015, 07:00 PM
I can't believe that a conversation is even happening to include B C in the playoffs. They've played exactly 0 teams included in the FCS Playoff conferences. They have an SAIC D2 win, and FBS money game and an all SWAC and MEAC schedule. SWAC hasn't had a playoff team since the 90's and I don't know of the MEAC winning a game in the playoffs in the current millennium.

Terry2889
November 15th, 2015, 07:00 PM
..... Maybe the worst argument ever. Essentially what you are saying is Winning 7 games against the steaming refuse of the college football world isn't easy. IT ABSOLUTELY IS! Until proven otherwise the SWAC and the MEAC will forever be associated with poorly disciplined and terribly coached football with even worse bands (Grambling excluded of course : )

FootballCEO
November 15th, 2015, 07:07 PM
The FCS is bigger than the MVFC & CAA. But...I guess that's all people want to see. It's no different than the BS that goes on in the FBS when a 6-5 SEC gets treated like royalty over an undefeated 'non-power 5 team'. It's straight garbage but I guess it's no different at the FCS/D2/D3 levels b/c I see and hear the same things from each level

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 07:11 PM
The FCS is bigger than the MVFC & CAA. But...I guess that's all people want to see. It's no different than the BS that goes on in the FBS when a 6-5 SEC gets treated like royalty over an undefeated 'non-power 5 team'. It's straight garbage but I guess it's no different at the FCS/D2/D3 levels b/c I see and hear the same things from each level

Terrible take CEO. The MEAC had a seat at the table and took the cash payout instead. Don't bitch about the bed they have made for themselves.

The FCS to me is about the conferences that compete in the playoffs, nobody else to me matters much. They can do their own thing for all I care if that is what makes them happy.

clenz
November 15th, 2015, 07:12 PM

What's the MEACs record vs the CAA, MVFC, SoCon, Big South, Big Sky or even NEC?

They have had a chance in the playoffs to prove time and time again they are as good. They've failed for nearly 2 decades to do so

Prime Power
November 15th, 2015, 07:15 PM

No it is not. Those 6-5 SEC teams whoop those undefeated non p5 teams 99% of the time!!! Fact!!! .....without any research!!

mmiller_34
November 15th, 2015, 07:16 PM

Its not garbage when its true. Facts are facts. In the first four weeks of football this year the MEAC had 6 wins in 28 games against OOC competition. The best win was NC A&T against Elon. You can not refute the fact that the level of football being played is different at different levels within the FCS.

FootballCEO
November 15th, 2015, 07:17 PM
1. I could care less about conference record vs conference record because that holds zero weight in a game.
2. Historical references mean little to current games. Why? Well... look at the name of this fine website.
3. I'll bow out of the MVFC-OVC-CAA-SoCon-and-sometimes-Big Sky Invitational Postseason Tournament.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 07:25 PM
CEO you came here and said BCU should get in because they beat 8 DI teams with a good win over "Grambling". What did you expect when you bring weak stuff like that to the table here?

Then you whined about the FCS being like the FBS...even though in the FCS every conference that wants one gets a seat at the table and a chance to win a title. You better bow out my friend, because you are getting an ass kicking.

McNeese72
November 15th, 2015, 07:28 PM
I'd be alright with a SWAC or MEAC team in the playoffs if was the champions of the conferences, but that's not happening and it was their choice.

Doc

RootinFerDukes
November 15th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Richmond should be upset. They're not going to get Morgan state in the first round this year. What a joke that was.

ElCid
November 15th, 2015, 07:38 PM

Sorry we helped you out.xbawlingx But WIU, Furman, and SCSU were three solid teams. Maybe not in hindsight, but WIU and Furman could have been thought to have been top 25 material before the season. In regard to you schedule, like us, the 2 FBS is regrettable. Unfortunately, we also have a Div II next year. Hope that does not bite us.

Missingnumber7
November 15th, 2015, 07:51 PM
NDSU's losses are worse.

NDSU also beat the team that ISUR lost to by 21.

Missingnumber7
November 15th, 2015, 07:54 PM
1. I could care less about conference record vs conference record because that holds zero weight in a game.
2. Historical references mean little to current games. Why? Well... look at the name of this fine website.
3. I'll bow out of the MVFC-OVC-CAA-SoCon-and-sometimes-Big Sky Invitational Postseason Tournament.

If you want to be relevant in FCS football, fully fund your teams, play teams that aren't only BCU teams. I understand your historical significance, but it means nothing in the new world of FCS football.

ElCid
November 15th, 2015, 07:54 PM
So you are saying your win over Davidson is bigger than our win over Wyoming. Makes total sense.

Also, your conference schedule is no tougher than a Big Sky conference schedule. It's a toss up at best.

I would be questioning scheduling USC as your season finale as that can't help your playoff chances. Win that game and I will personally tell you I was 100% wrong.

Why would you pick that comparison? But considering that the computer all have WCU, Wofford, Furman, and Samford, all ranked above Wyoming take your pick. I would compare our win over Davidson (121/125 Massey FCS) to UND's win over Drake (104/125 Massey FCS). And while a win is a win, 69-0 vs. 21-18. Hmmm.

And I agree that the Big Sky is about on PAR with the SOCON this year. You can argue a team here or there but top to bottom, similar. At least all the computers have them similar along with the CAA. We may not have high powered offenses, but we do field a defense every game, unlike it seems, most (not all) BS teams do not.

I wish we did not have USC either, but it is what it is. I am just glad we got them on a down year. We are 1-1 with them over the last 2 games.

Terry2889
November 15th, 2015, 08:03 PM
If you want to be relevant in FCS football, fully fund your teams, play teams that aren't only BCU teams. I understand your historical significance, but it means nothing in the new world of FCS football.

Even when the conference champs from the MEAC were an auto bid they couldn't win. Can't imagine what the second place MEAC team would do! There is absolutely no reason that a MEAC team should be in the playoffs this year period. If they want to competely segregate themselves by playing in the heritage bowl that's great and I can't blame them. Why get your butts kicked for nothing on ESPN 3 when you can beat the SWAC conference champion for a boat load of Money In front of a national audience? But don't come crying that your teams have been excluded from the playoffs when you made the fiscally and politically correct move. It's a win for the HBC's and the FCS playoffs. I personally wish things were different and that the Ivies, SWAC, and MEAC participated in the playoff system.

Sandlapper Spike
November 15th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Why would the committee put the 2nd-place team in the MEAC (and one which has no significant OOC wins) ahead of a team that tied for first place in the SoCon?

RootinFerDukes
November 15th, 2015, 08:10 PM
The last MEAC win in the I-AA/FCS playoffs was in 1999 when Florida A&M beat Troy State in the quarterfinals. A now FBS team had a completely different university name... it's been that long.

Milktruck74
November 15th, 2015, 08:20 PM

No, they automatically advance to the finals...

rokamortis
November 15th, 2015, 08:25 PM
NDSU also beat the team that ISUR lost to by 21.

I guess the good thing is that ISUr gets to play a team that NDSU lost to this weekend. If ISUr beats SD, which they should, then you think ISUr should be ranked and seeded ahead of NDSU?

grizband
November 15th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Why would the committee put the 2nd-place team in the MEAC (and one which has no significant OOC wins) ahead of a team that tied for first place in the SoCon?
Or a team tied for first place in the Big Sky.

JayJ79
November 15th, 2015, 08:35 PM

MEAC had an invite, they turned it down.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Don't bother with him. It is clear as day he is a Bison hater with an agenda, for which we should expect to see many more of them after curbstomping the FCS for 4+ years. It is just part of being successful. :cool:

I'm not a Bison hater. Big Fan hit on this earlier when he compared the OVC and the MVC. The MVC beats itself up and then instantly cries SOS. SEC fans consider the B1G a cupcake league but you don't see Ohio State getting dropped by Alabama. Bison fans remind me a lot of Alabama fans. They have a dominate past which they always quick to remind everyone about even though their past means nothing for this year. Then they drop games to teams they should be able to win then cry SOS when the week before they would give you hell for saying there was a chance for the other team to win. Then they go in and get handled by a team that they claim is only highly ranked because they trash cupcakes week in and week out, which for Ohio State isn't untrue, the B1G is pretty cupcake heavy, but the fact is Ohio State can still bring it and put people in their place. NDSU is like Alabama and I hope JSU can fill the part of Ohio State this year with our loaded roster. But even if we don't fill that part it doesn't change the fact that MVC fans always go back to the "MVC is the best conference in FCS" argument, which Big Fan addressed. Im not a Bison hater or an MVC hater. I just wish people would quit riding on SOS and their past to boast their team. I guess I can't say anything for a fan wanting to argue their team is better, but at least people have their opinions. In my first post at the end I explicitly said "arguments can be made to move anyone around" and NDSU fans rained hellfire down on me because they thought they were one spot too low. Whose really the hater here? I'm just trying to defend my stance, if you go back and check, NDSU fans started the whole debate. I don't have an agenda, just an opinion and if that's too much for you guys to handle no wonder you struggle to handle so many of the teams you play.

Big_Fan
November 15th, 2015, 09:20 PM
I'm not a Bison hater. Big Fan hit on this earlier when he compared the OVC and the MVC. The MVC beats itself up and then instantly cries SOS. SEC fans consider the B1G a cupcake league but you don't see Ohio State getting dropped by Alabama. Bison fans remind me a lot of Alabama fans. They have a dominate past which they always quick to remind everyone about even though their past means nothing for this year. Then they drop games to teams they should be able to win then cry SOS when the week before they would give you hell for saying there was a chance for the other team to win. Then they go in and get handled by a team that they claim is only highly ranked because they trash cupcakes week in and week out, which for Ohio State isn't untrue, the B1G is pretty cupcake heavy, but the fact is Ohio State can still bring it and put people in their place. NDSU is like Alabama and I hope JSU can fill the part of Ohio State this year with our loaded roster. But even if we don't fill that part it doesn't change the fact that MVC fans always go back to the "MVC is the best conference in FCS" argument, which Big Fan addressed. Im not a Bison hater or an MVC hater. I just wish people would quit riding on SOS and their past to boast their team. I guess I can't say anything for a fan wanting to argue their team is better, but at least people have their opinions. In my first post at the end I explicitly said "arguments can be made to move anyone around" and NDSU fans rained hellfire down on me because they thought they were one spot too low. Whose really the hater here? I'm just trying to defend my stance, if you go back and check, NDSU fans started the whole debate. I don't have an agenda, just an opinion and if that's too much for you guys to handle no wonder you struggle to handle so many of the teams you play.

What irks me is the Murray State level MVC teams chanting SEC! SEC!...oops! I mean MVC! MVC! after beating Austin Peay or SEMO...then holding it up as evidence that their conference is the best - alongside their one team that is dominant. Heck, to hear SDSU fans talk, they are LSU. Reality is that they have a losing record against every FCS conference they have played 10 or more games against.

ISUr is the same way. They have been good for a couple of seasons, but they are a sub-500 program with a losing record in-conference.

In State? Losing record all-time, and to the OVC.

Mo St? Losing record all-time.

SDak? just over .500 thanks to NAIA years. Losing record to all FCS conferences (5 or more games).

SIU? under .500 all time

Most of the MVC wins over OVC teams predate those teams being in the OVC (EIU was in the MVC). EKU has a winning record against the MVC. JSU hasn't played many games against the MVC. We had a string of losses against MSU when we were transitioning. Murray State has a winning record against the MVC. SEMO has a losing record, but their win % is better than their conference win %.

Half the teams in the MVC have losing records all-time. A few more are barely over .500...but the run around chanting MVC! MVC!... ok. Whatever. Vandy shouts SEC! too.

kalm
November 15th, 2015, 09:23 PM
1). I heard a MEAC team once played App State tough. Lol.

2). Why isn't PSU getting greater consideration for a top 4 seed?

win this week and they'd have wins against over against a team competing for a Pac 12 North title, an FBS BLOW OUT, and possibly two playoff teams in UM and SUU. No bad losses either.

tribefan40
November 15th, 2015, 09:26 PM

That's the joy of regionalization. Happened to the CAA in its hayday many a time.

FCSwatcher
November 15th, 2015, 09:26 PM

The committee ranks teams on aweekly basis. Trends are huge, and they have their SRS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rokamortis
November 15th, 2015, 09:32 PM
1). I heard a MEAC team once played App State tough. Lol.

2). Why isn't PSU getting greater consideration for a top 4 seed?

win this week and they'd have wins against over against a team competing for a Pac 12 North title, an FBS BLOW OUT, and possibly two playoff teams in UM and SUU. No bad losses either.

They have losses to a 5 loss team and a likely 5 loss team. They do have a good win with Washington, but UNT isn't a good win.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 09:35 PM
What irks me is the Murray State level MVC teams chanting SEC! SEC!...oops! I mean MVC! MVC! after beating Austin Peay or SEMO...then holding it up as evidence that their conference is the best - alongside their one team that is dominant. Heck, to hear SDSU fans talk, they are LSU. Reality is that they have a losing record against every FCS conference they have played 10 or more games against.

ISUr is the same way. They have been good for a couple of seasons, but they are a sub-500 program with a losing record in-conference.

SDak? just over .500 thanks to NAIA years. Losing record to all FCS conferences (5 or more games).

SIU? under .500 all time

Most of the MVC wins over OVC teams predate those teams being in the OVC (EIU was in the MVC). EKU has a winning record against the MVC. JSU hasn't played many games against the MVC. We had a string of losses against MSU when we were transitioning. Murray State has a winning record against the MVC. SEMO has a losing record, but their win % is better than their conference win %.

Half the teams in the MVC have losing records all-time. A few more are barely over .500...but the run around chanting MVC! MVC!... ok. Whatever. Vandy shouts SEC! too.

The favoritism by the polls is always going to keep the facade in favor of the MVC. ISUr- EIU alone is an example. They played each other evenly, both got trashed by B1G teams. EIU's only conference loss is to the conference powerhouse ;). Like wise for ISUr. The only major difference between the teams is one lost to WIU and one didn't one scraped it out in overtime and one didn't and apparently one loss from the beginning of the season equates to 20+ spots in the polls nowadays. And if the reasoning is a 6-4 team shouldn't be ranked then why is UNI up there? Oh right, they're an MVC team. 😒

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Using the Nobowls bracket....Here are the teams ranked by SOS(via Massey (http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2015&sub=11605))....

Rank(overall)
1. UNI(2)
2. ISUR(3)
3. NDSU(4)
4. SDSU(6)
5. SUU(16)
6. PSU(19)
7. Towson(23)
8. Montana(24)
9. The Citadel(25)
10. William and Mary(29)
11. Jacksonville State(36)
12. Chattanooga(38)
13. Colgate(39)
14. JMU(45)
15. Richmond(48)
16. NAU(53)
17. Fordham(60)
18. UNH(62)
19. Charleston Southern(65)
20. SHSU(69)
21. CCU(71)
22. McNeese State(81)
23. St. Francis(90)
24. Dayton(96)

Bubble:
WCU(13)
EWU(14)
Villanova(20)
EIU(26)
UND(51)
EKU(61)
UCA(70)
Bethune-Cookman(101)

Redbird 13
November 15th, 2015, 09:39 PM

SIU? under .500 all time

Enough already. Illinois State fans aren't on here ripping Jax State. We are building a consistent program capable of competing for conference and national championships. I've supported the Gamecocks being the overall number one seed, clearly the most deserving team of that honor.

If you want to rip us and our history, I'll just turn the tables.

Illinois State won more FCS playoff games last season that JSU has in its history.

Go bark up a different tree.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Enough already. Illinois State fans aren't on here ripping Jax State. We are building a consistent program capable of competing for conference and national championships. I've supported the Gamecocks being the overall number one seed, clearly the most deserving team of that honor.

If you want to rip us and our history, I'll just turn the tables.

Illinois State won more FCS playoff games last season that JSU has in its history.

Go bark up a different tree.

We aren't ripping on ISUr, we are trying to prove a point the EIU and OVC teams are better than they are given credit for by using EIU to show we can come and play against teams that are considered good by everyone. Calm down.

BisonTru
November 15th, 2015, 09:44 PM
I guess the good thing is that ISUr gets to play a team that NDSU lost to this weekend. If ISUr beats SD, which they should, then you think ISUr should be ranked and seeded ahead of NDSU?

Eh... then you would have NDSU>SDSU>ISU and ISU>USD>NDSU. I think SDSU, NDSU, and ISUr have done enough to be seeded (if all three win out), but at this point I can't see a solid argument how they should be seeded. It would be interesting to hear what Dannen's thoughts are, the UNI AD and committee representative from the MVFC.

Redbird 13
We aren't ripping on ISUr, we are trying to prove a point the EIU and OVC teams are better than they are given credit for by using EIU to show we can come and play against teams that are considered good by everyone. Calm down.

Eastern is a quality club. I fully expect the Panthers to get another crack at the Redbirds in three weeks.

clenz
Remember that time people thought EIU was the #1 team in America and then got absolutely curb stomped by a 5-3 MVFC team. I mean bite the curb and have hulk do he stomping hard

FargoBison
November 15th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Eastern is a quality club. I fully expect the Panthers to get another crack at the Redbirds in three weeks.

They might have to beat UNI in the UNI Dome to get that crack.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2015, 09:48 PM
They might have to beat UNI in the UNI Dome to get that crack.

Should be a good game.

SUPharmacist
November 15th, 2015, 09:50 PM
The favoritism by the polls is always going to keep the facade in favor of the MVC. ISUr- EIU alone is an example. They played each other evenly, both got trashed by B1G teams. EIU's only conference loss is to the conference powerhouse ;). Like wise for ISUr. The only major difference between the teams is one lost to WIU and one didn't one scraped it out in overtime and one didn't and apparently one loss from the beginning of the season equates to 20+ spots in the polls nowadays. And if the reasoning is a 6-4 team shouldn't be ranked then why is UNI up there? Oh right, they're an MVC team. 😒

This is a very misleading summary. They played each other very close early in the year (true), and they both got thrashed by a Big Ten school. But, EIU did not have close games with WIU or JSU, while the ISUr game with SDSU was tight. That would account for the big difference in rankings.

clenz
November 15th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Should be a good game.
Won't be close.

EIU is 1-4 against teams .500 or better.

jacksfan29
November 15th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Since moving up who do we have a losing record against? Not the OVC. Not the BSC. I think we've played one CAA school. We are around .500 against the Southland. Which conference are we talking about?

SIU? under .500 all time