PDA

View Full Version : glad to see there's a DI-AA community

Red Hawk
July 5th, 2005, 11:36 AM
I'm a long-time poster on Big XII boards but now that my son has signed to play for Southeast Missouri St. I'm really glad to see there's a place where I can show his new colors. I've got a lot to learn and adjust to but I'm proud as hell of him and can't wait for the season to start.

89Hen
July 5th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Welcome Red Hawk and good luck to your son!

:beerchug:

AgentOrange
July 5th, 2005, 11:50 AM
The nation keeps growing...

Big XII boards, eh? Any chirps about U of Houston wanting to settle into that group 10 years down the road? Maybe even less?

blukeys
July 5th, 2005, 11:52 AM
I'm a long-time poster on Big XII boards

Don't worry your secret is safe here.

Golden Eagle
July 5th, 2005, 12:03 PM
It's about time we got a SEMO representative on the boards. Welcome!

Red Hawk
July 5th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Don't worry your secret is safe here.LOL, my real secret is that for 35 years I've been a Mizzou fan, now that's something to keep a secret ;-)

Sam_Kats
July 5th, 2005, 12:26 PM
And what a I-AA Community it is...welcome & congrats to your son.

saint0917
July 5th, 2005, 12:33 PM
I'm a long-time poster on Big XII boards but now that my son has signed to play for Southeast Missouri St. I'm really glad to see there's a place where I can show his new colors. I've got a lot to learn and adjust to but I'm proud as hell of him and can't wait for the season to start.

Welcome Red Hawk. Just to let you know (because your new) DON'T listen to any of the Delaware fans, there not the sharpest people on this board. :D And good luck to your son. :nod: And just so Ralph doesn't yell at you, It's I-AA not D1-AA ;)

LBPop
July 5th, 2005, 12:36 PM

Congratulations to your son (and to you). Just finished my first year as a converted former I-A fan to a full tilt I-AA fan for the very same reason. I suspect my interest in I-AA will last well after the kid stops playing. Enjoy the next four years...and beyond.

GSUAlumniEagle
July 5th, 2005, 12:48 PM
LOL, my real secret is that for 35 years I've been a Mizzou fan, now that's something to keep a secret ;-)

Well at least you're accustomed to losing. ;)

blur2005
July 5th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Welcome, the more the merrier.

Red Hawk
July 5th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Well at least you're accustomed to losing. ;)I counter-balance that with being a Cards fan. As far as my boy playing at SEMO, he turned down 2 DI schools plus SIUC. For him winning is important but it's much more than that.

Go...gate
July 5th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Welcome, and best wishes to your son! :)

Ronbo
July 5th, 2005, 01:17 PM
I counter-balance that with being a Cards fan. As far as my boy playing at SEMO, he turned down 2 DI schools plus SIUC. For him winning is important but it's much more than that.

Staying close to home was important it sounds like.

Cocky
July 5th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Get ready for some abuse about the quality of play in the OVC. It is hard to argue until we win some OOC and playoff games though.

Good Luck except for the JSU game.

VictorG
July 5th, 2005, 01:32 PM
One thing to remember. There are just a few of us Big Sky fans on this board and even fewer Montana Grizzly fans ( :) ) If you should ever read a heated debate between PolsonGriz, Grizo and myself, just remember that I'm the one that's correct and also the smartest and best looking! :D

Welcome!

GannonFan
July 5th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Welcome Red Hawk. Just to let you know (because your new) DON'T listen to any of the Delaware fans, there not the sharpest people on this board. :D And good luck to your son. :nod: And just so Ralph doesn't yell at you, It's I-AA not D1-AA ;)

Indeed, welcome aboard - oh, and don't mind the UMass fans whenever they talk about anything related to Delaware - the series is so lopsided in favor of Delaware that the losses have affected their ability to reason and use logic - anything not related to UD and they're ok. Best of luck to your son.

Bub
July 5th, 2005, 01:40 PM
I also became interested in the board and I-AA because my son signed at Drake. I wonder how many other parents of players have found their way here? Good luck to your son.

89Hen
July 5th, 2005, 01:48 PM
LOL, my real secret is that for 35 years I've been a Mizzou fan, now that's something to keep a secret ;-)
If Sonny Riccio leads us to Chattanooga this year, I'll be a Mizzou fan for letting him go. :D

http://archive.columbiatribune.com/2004/Jan/0109-1Bsonny.jpg

Red Hawk
July 5th, 2005, 02:02 PM
If Sonny Riccio leads us to Chattanooga this year, I'll be a Mizzou fan for letting him go. :D Nobody's prouder of what Sonny has done than Mizzou fans, he's a class young man who didn't want to stand in the short shadow of Brad Smith. It was a great move for him.

Grizo406
July 5th, 2005, 02:03 PM
One thing to remember. There are just a few of us Big Sky fans on this board and even fewer Montana Grizzly fans ( :) ) If you should ever read a heated debate between PolsonGriz, Grizo and myself, just remember that I'm the one that's correct and also the smartest and best looking! :D

Welcome!

Victor, Victor, Victor...you might be the one that's correct, but the smartest and best looking crown rest firmly on my head...where it's always been, and will remain. ;)

Although you are kinda' hot, you are a distant second, with pols, as usual, bringing up the rear. :D

colonelblitz
July 5th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Welcome aboard Redhawk... If you make the trip to EKU this year, your more than welcome to tailgate with us.. What position will your son be playing? Go Colonels beat western

Red Hawk
July 5th, 2005, 03:38 PM
not quite a chalkboard but here goes....

I will not refer to I-AA as DI-AA ever again

by the way he's being converted from OT to center.

LBPop
July 5th, 2005, 03:59 PM

He must be quick and smart to make that move.

blackfordpu
July 5th, 2005, 04:13 PM

:lmao:
Don't worry, ralph has yelled at all of us atleast once.

Welcome and good luck to your son.

OL FU
July 5th, 2005, 04:24 PM

Thanks for doing that. I have copied and pasted to a file for future use.

Welcome to AGS!!!!

colonelblitz
July 5th, 2005, 04:40 PM
A funny Semo fan.. You need to meet SEMO CourtJester.. He's pretty funny for a basketball fan.. :)

Red Hawk
July 5th, 2005, 05:53 PM
He must be quick and smart to make that move.
yes and yes. He's 6'4" 282 in this pic with an 82" wing span and hands the size of pie pans. I know he doesn't look that big but trust me I pay his food bills (at least until August!)http://www.tigerboard.com/userimages/Andy.JPG

Red Hawk
July 5th, 2005, 05:54 PM
A funny Semo fan.. You need to meet SEMO CourtJester.. He's pretty funny for a basketball fan.. :)Actually, I'm pretty profane with a fondness for cleavage but I'll try and keep it clean here until I can get away with it.

Red Hawk
July 5th, 2005, 06:10 PM
that's one of his new team mates. I'm only 6'. He got his height from his mother's side of the family, at least the wife swears it's true ;-) http://www.tigerboard.com/userimages/1JeffandAndy.JPG

saint0917
July 5th, 2005, 06:38 PM
oh, and don't mind the UMass fans whenever they talk about anything related to Delaware - the series is so lopsided in favor of Delaware that the losses have affected their ability to reason and use logic

OUCH, there's a shot :asswhip:

saint0917
July 5th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I also became interested in the board and I-AA because my son signed at Drake. I wonder how many other parents of players have found their way here? Good luck to your son.

Welcome to the board Bub. The best of luck to your son too. What position will he be playing?

GSUAlumniEagle
July 5th, 2005, 07:11 PM
As you can see, Ralph has entirely too much time on his hands.

MR. CHICKEN
July 5th, 2005, 08:24 PM
HANDS...DUH SIZE O' PIE PANS?....:eek:.....XAVIER HOLLANDER...WOULD LOVE TA MEET DIS...LAD!.......:nod:..........BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

AN' HE HAS HELMET HAIR!!

blukeys
July 5th, 2005, 08:29 PM
HANDS...DUH SIZE O' PIE PANS?....:eek:.....XAVIER HOLLANDER...WOULD LOVE TA MEET DIS...LAD!.......:nod:..........BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

Something tells me there is no equivalent of Mr. Chicken on the Big XII message boards. ;) ;) :D :D :)

charliej
July 5th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Something tells me there is no equivalent of Mr. Chicken on the Big XII message boards. ;) ;) :D :D :)

I'd start to worry if I knew there was more than one!!! :D

Welcome to our elite little group Red Hawk.

Cocky
July 5th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Breaking news:

I think Red Hawk may need that picture as a avatar.

89rabbit
July 5th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Welcome to the board Red Hawk! :nod: My Jackrabbits play SEMO a lot, just not in football yet.

Bub
July 6th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Welcome to the board Bub. The best of luck to your son too. What position will he be playing?

Thanks Saint. He's a wide receiver. 6'5" 185. Ran track, best splits- 22.1 in the 200 and 50.1 in the 400. Picked Drake because of it's combination of high academics and football.

yomama
July 6th, 2005, 01:47 AM
Picked Drake because of it's combination of high academics and football.

I know Drake is non(athletic)scholarship, and your son may have gotten some financial help because of good grades.

Just curious. Did he turn down a school that was offering any sort of football scholarship?

Bub
July 6th, 2005, 07:04 AM
I know Drake is non(athletic)scholarship, and your son may have gotten some financial help because of good grades.

Just curious. Did he turn down a school that was offering any sort of football scholarship?

Yes he did receive financial aid because of his grades. He did turn down D-II and NAIA money, as well as merit $ at those schools. One he turned down was full tutuion. His situation was rather strange. Forwhatever reason he didn't play much his junior year, but had a breakout year his senior year, leading the league and conference in TD receptions, his playoff bound team in scoring and being named 3rd team all-state. He had a very good hi-lite tape, but it wasn't ready until after thanksgiving. He never received any feed back from the scholarship I-A or I-AA teams that he sent them to, including UNI & WIU. Maybe those teams didn't need wideouts this year. He wanted to stay near home and only looked seriously at schools within 3 hrs of home.

FL connection
July 6th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Yes he did receive financial aid because of his grades. He did turn down D-II and NAIA money, as well as merit $ at those schools. One he turned down was full tutuion. His situation was rather strange. Forwhatever reason he didn't play much his junior year, but had a breakout year his senior year, leading the league and conference in TD receptions, his playoff bound team in scoring and being named 3rd team all-state. He had a very good hi-lite tape, but it wasn't ready until after thanksgiving. He never received any feed back from the scholarship I-A or I-AA teams that he sent them to, including UNI & WIU. Maybe those teams didn't need wideouts this year. He wanted to stay near home and only looked seriously at schools within 3 hrs of home.

You couldn't have picked a better coach to play for in Coach Ash.....He has run a very good program under I-AA non-scholarship program!!!! Good luck for next season and my best to Coach Ash and his program......nothing like staying close to home in God's country.......connection out!!

Bub
July 6th, 2005, 08:56 AM
You couldn't have picked a better coach to play for in Coach Ash.....He has run a very good program under I-AA non-scholarship program!!!! Good luck for next season and my best to Coach Ash and his program......nothing like staying close to home in God's country.......connection out!!

No argument here. My son was very impressed with Coach Ash and his program. I was too. Thanks

Red Hawk
July 6th, 2005, 10:40 AM
I appreciate the warm welcome and all but I'm afraid now I won't be able to be uncivil, unless are from Kansas or like the Cubs.

EagleCrusade
July 6th, 2005, 11:42 AM
I f-ing hate the Cubs. (As an ATL native, very partial to the Braves)
Kansas...not quite sure if thats a state or not. Is that that big blank spot on the map known simply as "Unfit for human consumption"? Oh wait, I see Kansas now, I was looking at the Dakotas.

Red Hawk
July 6th, 2005, 11:45 AM
"Kansas...not the end of the world but you can see it from there"

saint0917
July 6th, 2005, 12:15 PM
I appreciate the warm welcome and all but I'm afraid now I won't be able to be uncivil

Trust me, once you get to know the Delaware fans, you can become VERY uncivil :D

Red Hawk
July 6th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Delaware, that's down-wind from Philly isn't it?

saint0917
July 6th, 2005, 12:45 PM

Some where down south :D

Go...gate
July 6th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Red Hawk, you've got Kansas mixed up with Hamilton, NY, where you really CAN see the end of the earth if and when the snow melts (but us Colgate people love it anyway :) ).

colgate13
July 6th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Red Hawk, you've got Kansas mixed up with Hamilton, NY, where you really CAN see the end of the earth if and when the snow melts (but us Colgate people love it anyway :) ).

I think it's called Cornell? :confused:

EagleCrusade
July 6th, 2005, 03:04 PM
dont call Del. a southern state

justballn21
July 6th, 2005, 03:11 PM
wlcome to AGS and good luck ta your son, looks like an athletic big man.

blukeys
July 6th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Good job RH. You passed your geography test!. We are about 40 miles from Philadelphia the city where no one goes to college football games because they know that Delaware is where you go to see a REAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM.

Obzerver
July 6th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Red Hawk, remember that when everyone starts bad mouthing Eastern Washington come Fall that we have nothing to do with D.C.

MR. CHICKEN
July 6th, 2005, 07:53 PM
"Kansas...not the end of the world but you can see it from there"

SOMETHIN' TELLS ME...AH'M GONNA LIKE DAT RED BIRDIE!...:bow:....BRAWK!

GannonFan
July 7th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Trust me, once you get to know the Delaware fans, you can become VERY uncivil :D

See, almost every other post from a UMass fan is about UD - the pile of losses to UD has just, to quote Cartman, "...warped their fragile little minds". :spank: