PDA

View Full Version : CAA Power Rankings 11/9

UNHWildcat18
November 12th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Alright what do you think the order should be heading into next week?

1.W&M
2.JMU
3.Richmond
4. Towson/UNH
5. Villanova
6. Albany
7. Delaware
8. Maine
9. SBU
10. Elon
11. URI

tribe_pride
November 12th, 2015, 12:14 PM
At least with the top 5, I would put Richmond over JMU since Richmond beat JMU 3 weeks ago and JMU lost their next game as well (even if it was to W&M) before their bye week. Richmond's first loss since the beginning of the season against UNH last week would not drop make me drop them to 3 yet. Also, would put UNH above Towson but that is close. Results this week may change things.

LeadBolt
November 12th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Looking at the probability of winning out in both of their remaining games as assessed by Massey, the 6 potential CAA play-off teams show the following approximate odds of taking both of their last games:

JMU = 62%
W&M = 50%
UNH = 45%
Richmond = 18%
Villanova = 17%
Towson = 14%

We all know that the CAA in November usually does not play out as a computer model would predict, but I found this interesting.

ccd494
November 12th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Are we talking about the same Albany that lost 39-7 to Maine, in Albany?

6-12 are all terrible teams that could beat any of the other 6-12 teams by 30 or lose to any of the other 6-12 teams by 30. Just leave it at that.

MR. CHICKEN
November 12th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Alright what do you think the order should be heading into next week?

1.W&M
2.JMU
3.Richmond
4. Towson/UNH
5. Villanova
6. Albany
7. Delaware
8. Maine
9. SBU
10. Elon
11. URI

........MAINE/SBU/ELON......COOD EASILY.....BEAT DELAWARE.......'SPECIALLAH.....IFIN'.....MADISON.. .BREAKS OURAH WILL......AN' PILES ON.......(WE GO TA ELON NEXT WEEK).......RHODEY.....NOT OWN-LAH BEAT US......BUT IT WAS UH SHUT-OUT........PUT UP 2 FG'S...AGIN ALBANY............WE BAD......TAKE NOTE.......WE BAD...............NOT KIDDIN'......BAD.....................FIRE BRAWK!

Mattymc727
November 12th, 2015, 06:16 PM
........MAINE/SBU/ELON......COOD EASILY.....BEAT DELAWARE.......'SPECIALLAH.....IFIN'.....MADISON.. .BREAKS OURAH WILL......AN' PILES ON.......(WE GO TA ELON NEXT WEEK).......RHODEY.....NOT OWN-LAH BEAT US......BUT IT WAS UH SHUT-OUT........PUT UP 2 FG'S...AGIN ALBANY............WE BAD......TAKE NOTE.......WE BAD...............NOT KIDDIN'......BAD.....................FIRE BRAWK!

Can UD be any more up and down? Beat W&M and UNH, and lose to URI and Jacksonville and Albany...

melloware13
November 12th, 2015, 06:49 PM
At least the URI loss was on the road...
Right now I would have:
1. Richmond/William & Mary
3. James Madison
4. Towson
5. Villanova/UNH
7. Maine
8. Albany
9. Elon
10. Delaware
11. URI/Stony Brook

Dane96
November 12th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Are we talking about the same Albany that lost 39-7 to Maine, in Albany?

6-12 are all terrible teams that could beat any of the other 6-12 teams by 30 or lose to any of the other 6-12 teams by 30. Just leave it at that.

Yup. Indeed.

bluehenbillk
November 13th, 2015, 08:24 AM
Can UD be any more up and down? Beat W&M and UNH, and lose to URI and Jacksonville and Albany...

It says a lot about coaching & schemes. Laycock & McDonnell were asleep at the wheel when they came to the Tub.

Terry2889
November 13th, 2015, 09:48 AM
It says a lot about coaching & schemes. Laycock & McDonnell were asleep at the wheel when they came to the Tub.

Was at the game and I've never seen a flatter UNH team on the field. Don't know why but they looked completely uninspired. Crazy because W & M looked the same way against Udel.

bluehenbillk
November 13th, 2015, 10:18 AM
UNH sat in a 4-2-5 against UD all game & Delaware ran at will, especially in the 2nd half. UNH knew what was coming & couldn't stop them and never adjusted.

Catsfan90
November 13th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Was at the game and I've never seen a flatter UNH team on the field. Don't know why but they looked completely uninspired. Crazy because W & M looked the same way against Udel.

That was an extremely difficult game to watch. No adjustments, vanilla offense, and a line that was seemingly pushed around at will.

Terry2889
November 13th, 2015, 12:09 PM
UNH sat in a 4-2-5 against UD all game & Delaware ran at will, especially in the 2nd half. UNH knew what was coming & couldn't stop them and never adjusted.
We still haven't. Richmond literally ran a double tight formation 10 times and got 8 yards a pop on the one stretch. UNH made zero adjustments and only won because Richmond's offensive coordinator was worse than Lyons (UNH's D-coordinator). I've expressed on our thread how much I hate the 4-2-5 as it leaves several gaps uncovered. Until we ditch that front and move to a conventional 3-4 or 4-3 or Defense will continue to struggle against the run.

bluehenbillk
November 13th, 2015, 01:05 PM
That was an extremely difficult game to watch. No adjustments, vanilla offense, and a line that was seemingly pushed around at will.

You're right that UD won the line of scrimmage on both fronts that day. UNH's QB was under pressure constantly.

Mattymc727
November 13th, 2015, 01:31 PM
We still haven't. Richmond literally ran a double tight formation 10 times and got 8 yards a pop on the one stretch. UNH made zero adjustments and only won because Richmond's offensive coordinator was worse than Lyons (UNH's D-coordinator). I've expressed on our thread how much I hate the 4-2-5 as it leaves several gaps uncovered. Until we ditch that front and move to a conventional 3-4 or 4-3 or Defense will continue to struggle against the run.

Last year, stopping the run wasnt an issue. I think if the talent is there, the scheme works fine. Not adjusting is scary though.