PDA

View Full Version : Congrats APPY ST!!! Great Season YSU!

FlyYtown
December 9th, 2006, 06:34 PM
I want to wish Appalachian State a big time congratulations for their dominating performance over Youngstown State. I hope they join YSU as one of the few programs to win back-2-back titles.. BEAT UMASS!

And to Youngstown State... Thank You for the best 4 Months a fan could ask for, especially a YSU fan, since the 90s...You restored pride into the program and put it back on the map. You are a group of men and yes: Expectations are high in Youngstown, but you performed up to par! CONGRATS YOU 27 SENIORS, and to the rest of the team: Can't wait for a great offseason and our trip to Columbus on September 1, 2007!

GOOD LUCK APPY!
CONGRATS!
BEAT UMASS!

PS: THE CLASS BETWEEN THE TWO TEAMS ON THE FIELD, OFF THE FIELD, AND EVEN HERE ON AGS WAS SECOND TO NONE! KUDOS TO THE MOUNTAINEERS!

ButlerGSU
December 9th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Well said, every team that made the playoffs this year should be proud!

BrevardMountaineer03
December 9th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I want to wish Appalachian State a big time congratulations for their dominating performance over Youngstown State. I hope they join YSU as one of the few programs to win back-2-back titles.. BEAT UMASS!

And to Youngstown State... Thank You for the best 4 Months a fan could ask for, especially a YSU fan, since the 90s...You restored pride into the program and put it back on the map. You are a group of men and yes: Expectations are high in Youngstown, but you performed up to par! CONGRATS YOU 27 SENIORS, and to the rest of the team: Can't wait for a great offseason and our trip to Columbus on September 1, 2007!

GOOD LUCK APPY!
CONGRATS!
BEAT UMASS!

PS: THE CLASS BETWEEN THE TWO TEAMS ON THE FIELD, OFF THE FIELD, AND EVEN HERE ON AGS WAS SECOND TO NONE! KUDOS TO THE MOUNTAINEERS!

FlyYtown,
Thank you, I believe this was a classy game between two classy programs. I believe that both sets of fans live and breath their respective schools football, but aren't willing to compromise thier integrity to follow them. I appreciate the well wishes, and as always.....

Go App!

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 9th, 2006, 07:05 PM
One thing you have to give YSU credit for...they probably had the toughest pair of games of any of the teams in the semis...beating a very good JMU team, then beating a good ISU team twice in a season, and then having to play the best team in the country at the Rock. Not a bad return to the playoffs.

mistersykes
December 9th, 2006, 07:17 PM

I agree. Classiest fans I've ever talked to. I can only hope that no drunk app fans left a bad taste in the mouths of anyone who went to the game.

FlyYtown
December 9th, 2006, 08:55 PM
What I loved the most was the class in the 4th quarter. YSU's players had to here CHATTANOOGA from the students behind them but noone looked back, they just played the game.
On the final drives each team was helping each other up and the respect at the end was great to see!

I want them on our schedule!

james_lawfirm
December 9th, 2006, 10:37 PM
What I loved the most was the class in the 4th quarter. YSU's players had to here CHATTANOOGA from the students behind them but noone looked back, they just played the game.
On the final drives each team was helping each other up and the respect at the end was great to see!

I want them on our schedule!

I vote for a home and home starting next year. Have your AD call ours. I bet something can be arranged. Here's to YSU - knowledgeable bloggers, classy fans, good football team.

HaveFunKc
December 10th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I vote for a home and home starting next year. Have your AD call ours. I bet something can be arranged. Here's to YSU - knowledgeable bloggers, classy fans, good football team.

2nd that!! YSU (team and fans) showed a ton before, during and after the game! True CLASS in all sense of the word. Way to go Penguins!! It would be awesome to see you guys on the schedule for the next couple of years.:bow:

Now, let's see if the ADs work it out???

appman87
December 10th, 2006, 07:10 PM
YSU is a class act. Great fans, players, and coaches. Good luck next year. Feel sure ASU and YSU will meet in the future. Cheer for us Friday nite. thanks

KiddBrewer
December 10th, 2006, 08:35 PM
I am a now a:

Appalachian fan first and foremost
Youngstown fan all other times.

appstate1998
December 10th, 2006, 08:49 PM
I'd love to see it happen as well, but I doubt it will. After a year when the selection committee made some interesting choices, it goes to show that every game counts. Had Wofford not scheduled I-A south carolina and instead scheduled say VMI for an easy win, are they in? I don't know, I just don't know if either App or YSU want this game, even more so for YSU since they were snubbed last year. Both schools play in generally powerhouse conferences so as much as fans would want the game, would the school?

HLecter
December 10th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Your team, stadium, tailgating and fans are all GREAT.

Very impressed with your team and the coaching staff...you keep recruiting speed and keep that staff as intact as possible and you will be a force for years. 16, 28 and 44 and a lot of others very impressive. Your kicker is unreal.

Wish we could have given you our A-game but you guys had a lot to do with that also.

I had a great time in Boone and with all my new friends I met at Geno's:nod:

Had a post-game beer with 'TWO TIME TYLER' Elkins--great kid.--everybody there was great.:hurray:

Your game day atmosphere is awesome--kudos to the students,,,,and the streaker was interesting to say the least...I thought I was at a Euro Soccer game!

Finally, if I offended anyone with my pre game posts, I apologize,,I only meant about 5% of that stuff anyway.

Thanks again for being so classy to our fans. I know every YSU fan that was there will be rooting for you in Chatt.:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

ysuindy
December 10th, 2006, 09:40 PM
I'd love to see it happen as well, but I doubt it will. After a year when the selection committee made some interesting choices, it goes to show that every game counts. Had Wofford not scheduled I-A south carolina and instead scheduled say VMI for an easy win, are they in? I don't know, I just don't know if either App or YSU want this game, even more so for YSU since they were snubbed last year. Both schools play in generally powerhouse conferences so as much as fans would want the game, would the school?

I think you are 100% correct - there are way too few games between top teams in CS conferences these days. With most teams scheduling at least one anticipated loss for a payday (YSU at Ohio State in 2007 and 2008), your margin of error goes down greatly if you lose a game like this.

YSU will have an extra game to fill next year with WKU leaving the Gateway, but with their desire to have six home games every year in an 11 game schedule limits the opportunities for home and home games. And lets face it, neither YSU or App State can afford to buy a home game from each other - they both make too much money for a home game.

Games like JMU and App State this year are far too rare.

It does make it difficult to judge the relative merits of each conference until we get to the playoffs.

Good luck to App State next week. I hope Richardson is healthy.

proasu89
December 10th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Your team, stadium, tailgating and fans are all GREAT.

Very impressed with your team and the coaching staff...you keep recruiting speed and keep that staff as intact as possible and you will be a force for years. 16, 28 and 44 and a lot of others very impressive. Your kicker is unreal.

Wish we could have given you our A-game but you guys had a lot to do with that also.

I had a great time in Boone and with all my new friends I met at Geno's:nod:

Had a post-game beer with 'TWO TIME TYLER' Elkins--great kid.--everybody there was great.:hurray:

Your game day atmosphere is awesome--kudos to the students,,,,and the streaker was interesting to say the least...I thought I was at a Euro Soccer game!

Finally, if I offended anyone with my pre game posts, I apologize,,I only meant about 5% of that stuff anyway.

Thanks again for being so classy to our fans. I know every YSU fan that was there will be rooting for you in Chatt.:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
You should have been around in the late 80's for quarter draft night at Geno's. That was a good time. Glad that you enjoyed your trip. Thanks for the kind words and here's to a great 2007 for your squad.:thumbsup:

AppMan
December 10th, 2006, 11:40 PM
I think you are 100% correct - there are way too few games between top teams in CS conferences these days. With most teams scheduling at least one anticipated loss for a payday (YSU at Ohio State in 2007 and 2008), your margin of error goes down greatly if you lose a game like this.

YSU will have an extra game to fill next year with WKU leaving the Gateway, but with their desire to have six home games every year in an 11 game schedule limits the opportunities for home and home games. And lets face it, neither YSU or App State can afford to buy a home game from each other - they both make too much money for a home game.

Games like JMU and App State this year are far too rare.

It does make it difficult to judge the relative merits of each conference until we get to the playoffs.

Good luck to App State next week. I hope Richardson is healthy.

The number one problem with 1-aa, FCS, or whatever they call it, is the drive for teams to schedule enough winnable games to get to the magical 8 win mark for making the playoffs. OPutting together a decent out of conference scheduling is getting harder & harder. Less than stellar teams are in high demand for OOC games and have a lot of leverage. Gardner Webb knew we were in a bind and basically held us up demanding a home game in exchange for them visiting Boone. Now, that might sound a little arrogant to some, but consider GW's stadium seats about 6500 and they average around 4000 per game while ASU has averaged over 22,000 per home game the last two years.

Happy Penguin
December 11th, 2006, 07:33 AM
First and foremost, congrats to app St. You guys played a great game and really took it to us. I was shocked at how ineffectice we were, you completely took us out of our gameplan on both sides of the ball with your speed.

I had a blast meeting some of you in the tailgate lots, and I know HLEcter and I both enjoyed our visits to Geno's. A lot of good natured smack was going on Friday, but nothing but respect and well wishes Saturday night.

The mountains were great and I like to make a return trip someday, and hopefully actually see a competetive football game.

Good luck again UMASS. I hope you guys are healthy and bring the title back to Boone.

penguinfan
December 11th, 2006, 07:45 AM
YSU was humbled by a superior team on Saturday. I have not seen us dominated on both sides of the ball since GSU took us to the woodshed in the '99 championship game. ASU truly deserves its #1 ranking and the chance to take its second national title. I was not able to make the game, but from what I have heard and read, your fans also treated the YSU visitors with kindness and respect.

Best of luck to you this week.

BillLuc1982
December 11th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Saturday showed that Appy State is the better team. They could probably beat quite a few FBS teams, and not just WAC, MAC, and Slum Belt teams. If it weren't the first game of the season, they would have beaten NC State.

Saturday's game was played with class and without whining. I've heard all of the positive feedback from fellow YSU fans and Appy State fans. I'd love to see more regular season games with Appy State. ASU is fairly close thanks to I-77 so having series with ASU would not cost much money.

Congrats to Appy State! You guys proved that you're a tough team. Even though any team is beatable, I see Appy State 2-peating and I will definitely be watching them take out the Minutemen.

hApPYaPpYFan
December 11th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the kind words from all the YSU fans, glad you guys had a good time in Boone.

mistersykes
December 11th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I really love hearing good things about our school and area, even more so than our team. I loved the class shown by everyone involved in Saturday's game. There is a sense of pride there, and I would have been very dissapointed if people didn't have a great time! Glad everyone made it home safely!

Johnny5
December 11th, 2006, 01:38 PM
I had some fun watching the game despite the outcome! I hope to see YSU-Appy State play again soon, as I was unable to make the trip this year. I cannot wait to watch the Mountaineers roll to another victory this week.

BigApp
December 11th, 2006, 01:42 PM
I agree. Ytown has always been a program I've wanted to see a game against. I certainly hope our AD's can agree!