PDA

View Full Version : I-A OL Transfer to Sam?

TexasTerror
July 5th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Came across this on a Sam board. Anyone know about this?

Navy OL Nick Wilson. Started at LT for the Middies and was a junior in the 2003 season. So, he would've been a senior for 2004. He get hurt last year? Saw the 2004 Navy Preview and said he was one of the "key losses" from their 2003 squad. Found on another 2004 Navy Preview that he was their "best lineman". Played FB at Tomball HS.

I edited out his e-mail and phone number from the post I found...

"I AM MOVING THERE AS A TRANSFER AFTER GOING TO SCHOOL IN MARYLAND (USNA) FOR A FEW YEARS. I AM FROM HOUSTON. I AM A 23 YROLD WHITE MALE AND WILL PLAY FOOTBALL AT SAM. I GET ALONG WITH EVERYONE. IM ALSO 6'6" AND 25OLB. I NEED A PLACE ASAP SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO KNOW MORE PLEASE REPLY. ***EMAIL*** OR ***PHONE*** NICK WILSON"

AgentOrange
July 5th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Sounds like a personal ad.

TexasTerror
July 5th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Sounds like a personal ad.

It was an ad for someone to give him a place to live, though it does sound like a personal ad due to him putting his Ht and Wt. Very wierd indeed. I was just wondering if some of those out in I-AA land knew anything especially those in the Maryland area who may have a nose in Navy...

Ronbo
July 5th, 2005, 12:02 PM
I believe a recruit to the Naval Academy has to sign an enlistment agreement to serve for 6 years in the Navy after they leave. And that is whether they graduate from the Academy or not. Maybe someone can give us the exact details. I know one thing, you are sworn in and you cannot get out of the agreement.

kats89
July 5th, 2005, 01:29 PM
I believe a recruit to the Naval Academy has to sign an enlistment agreement to serve for 6 years in the Navy after they leave. And that is whether they graduate from the Academy or not. Maybe someone can give us the exact details. I know one thing, you are sworn in and you cannot get out of the agreement.

We have had several kids from the Naval Academy transfer to SHSU over the years. Good size at 6-6. Little light at 250 lbs, but they would put the weight on him. He would be a good run blocker if he is coming from Navy.

BlackSaturday
July 5th, 2005, 03:08 PM
I believe that you can transfer out after 2 years and not have enlistment time.