PDA

View Full Version : Should someone like Ralph or Mr. C do the ESPN commentary for CS games?

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 9th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Not neccesarily you two guys, but for goodness sake, anyone who has followed CS/IAA for more than a week and cares about the games. Think about it...I'm sure that IA/FBS commentators know the history of each program and each rivalry and each matchup and have been following the season very closely much like the CSN staff follows this division very well. Even if you have someone ont he ESPN2 staff who genuinely wants to do a good job of covering CS games, they would probably still not do quite as good of a job as someone who follows the league closely year in and year out.

A lot of CSN people and major CS pundits do a lot of traveling anyways, and they wouldn't have to work full-time, they could just do the CS games. Since the NCAA pays for the games to be telivized, why not give us CS fans commentators who know the league?
:twocents:

LeopardFan04
December 9th, 2006, 02:05 PM
I like the idea, but since they'd still be on ESPN, they would want their own announcers since they're primary objective is to promote their product (in this case seemingly anything but the game they are currently broadcasting...) They just don't care.

Cap'n Cat
December 9th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Not neccesarily you two guys, but for goodness sake, anyone who has followed CS/IAA for more than a week and cares about the games. Think about it...I'm sure that IA/FBS commentators know the history of each program and each rivalry and each matchup and have been following the season very closely much like the CSN staff follows this division very well. Even if you have someone who genuinely wants to do a good job of covering CS games, they would probably still not do quite as good of a job as someone who follows the league closely year in and year out.

A lot of CSN people and major CS pundits do a lot of traveling anyways, and they wouldn't have to work full-time, they could just do the CS games. Since the NCAA pays for the games to be telivized, why not give us CS fans commentators who know the league?
:twocents:

No, they don't allow smoking in the press boxes, so Ralph is out. Plus, he is waaaaay to biased toward the higher ranked team playing. And, if Northern Iowa is playing, he will slant waaaaay toward the opposing team.

Mr. C, God love him, is much too much an Appy homer.

It should be Cap'n Cat, D1B and Grizo406.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

December 9th, 2006, 02:07 PM
yeah, please no smack on how I stink. :) and Cap'n, I think viewers want to hear about the game... xlolx

LeopardFan04
December 9th, 2006, 02:09 PM
It should be Cap'n Cat, D1B and Grizo406.[/B]

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I can see the FCC jaws dropping right now...:eek: :hurray:

Cap'n Cat
December 9th, 2006, 02:11 PM
yeah, please no smack on how I stink. :) and Cap'n, I think viewers want to hear about the game... xlolx

*********. During timeouts, it will be "all p*ssy, all the time" - more cheerleader upskirts, coed interviews and panty advertisements. Word.

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 9th, 2006, 02:12 PM
how about this

play-by-play: Ralph
color commentary: Mr. C

pre-game predictions, half-time, and post game comments/rants: Cap'n Cat, and D1B

sideline correspondant: don't know

Cap'n Cat
December 9th, 2006, 02:16 PM
how about this

pre-game predictions, half-time, and post game comments/rants: Cap'n Cat, and D1B

Sideline correspondent:

Grizo

Whatever happens, it would be nice if ESPN could recruit some announcers who actually played and, thus, have some affinity for, and knowlwedge of, FCS football. This lovefest with the BIG transfers gloriously "saving" FCS has gone on long enough. As if there's no organic success in FCS. Jesus!

Made a big deal about that Montana QB being some awesome transfer. Dude was mediocre at best - all season, probably. With a better schedule (stronger conference), he's another football rube.

SMFH................

Maroon&White
December 9th, 2006, 02:19 PM
how about this

:bang: :bang: :nonono2:

Umass74
December 9th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Valley Raider for play-by-play. 89Hen for color.

And UMassfan for the sideline reports! :D

TheValleyRaider
December 9th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Valley Raider for play-by-play. 89Hen for color.

And UMassfan for the sideline reports! :D

You're too kind :bow: :bow: :bow:

However, given his performance on the Game Threads, I'd nominate UNHWildcats for Play-by-Play

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 9th, 2006, 02:30 PM
This lovefest with the BIG transfers gloriously "saving" FCS has gone on long enough. As if there's no organic success in FCS. Jesus!

I think they meant well trying to get people to understand that the gap in talent between IAA and IA isn't as much as most people think it is, but it still shows their ignorance. Most of the CS' stars aren't xfers.

Anyways, why not put someone who knows the CS on TV?...who knows, some AGS member here might have a future in broadcasting sports journalism.

TexasTerror
December 9th, 2006, 03:04 PM
I'll volunteer my services to host the half-time show... :)

I've got some experience doing pre-game, post-game and half-time shows for SHSU broadcasts and would love to get back in the swing of things!

Throw me Mr Chicken as my co-host and we'd be set!

Cleets
December 9th, 2006, 03:22 PM
No, they don't allow smoking in the press boxes, so Ralph is out. Plus, he is waaaaay to biased toward the higher ranked team playing. And, if Northern Iowa is playing, he will slant waaaaay toward the opposing team.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha xlolx

Hysterical (but true) The Cap'n lays it down!:nod:

igo4uni
December 9th, 2006, 08:54 PM

It should be Cap'n Cat, D1B and Grizo406.

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!! Ratings would be through the roof!!!!!!!!!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Grizo406
December 9th, 2006, 10:22 PM
If Mr. C speaks as good as he writes, I think he'd be an excellent choice. With Ralph as his co-commentator, I think we'd have a win-win situation on how the game was called.

I could do some side line color/interviews stuff, but I'm not cheap. Should I be offered the job, I'd insist on wearing a sweatshirt that has a picture of Washington/Grizzly Stadium on it, have the Cap'n & D1B as my "fluffers", and Suzy Kolber must be, and remain in the immediate area.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 9th, 2006, 10:31 PM
I think ESPN should consider giving some people on this website or CSN a call for next year. I'm dead serious. Why not?