PDA

View Full Version : TT's Playoff Thoughts (Nov 8)

TexasTerror
November 8th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Pretty sure I did this right, but would love feedback...

BIG SKY
Automatic: Southern Utah
At-Large: Eastern Washington, Portland State
Bubble: Northern Arizona, Montana

Montana is out with another loss and remaining games are vs EWU and at Montana State. Not easy. NAU loss to Montana earlier this year and has to win out (they have non-Div I win). Win at EWU is great, but have a toughie at Southern Utah to finish slate.

BIG SOUTH
Automatic: Charleston Southern
At-Large: Coastal Carolina

COLONIAL
Automatic: Richmond
At-Large: William & Mary, James Madison, New Hampshire, Towson
Bubble: Villanova

Richmond hosts W&M in last week, so that's huge for the Spiders. New Hampshire goes to Albany, hosts Maine. Has a good chance to get into the field and this week's win over Richmond was solid for them. Towson has won 4 straight and have momentum on side heading into roadie at William & Mary. Win over Villanova for Towson is huge.

MEAC
Automatic: Forfeited to Celebration Bowl
At-Large: Bethune-Cookman

I have a hard time believing that a 2-loss MEAC team gets snubbed here. I've historically been accurate on how NCAA has handled MEAC.

MISSOURI VALLEY
Automatic: North Dakota State
At-Large: Illinois State, South Dakota State, Northern Iowa
Bubble: Youngstown State

Shame NDSU v ILST does not happen again this year. SDSU vs NDSU will be a fun one as will ILST vs YSU. Northern Iowa has easiest track to at-large, while YSU has more of a challenge.

NORTHEAST CONFERENCE
Automatic: Bryant
Bubble: Duquesnse, Saint Francis

Saint Francis plays Duquesnse, Bryant has wins over Duquesnse & Saint Francis. This is a one-bid league, but there's still three ponies in this conference race.

OHIO VALLEY
Automatic: Jacksonville State
At-Large: Tennessee-Martin
Bubble: Eastern Illiois, Eastern Kentucky

Eastern Illinois still has @ UTM, vs EKU. They are likely out. EKU has lost to Jax St & UTEM last two. Road trips to Murray & EIU abound. Both bubble squads eliminate themselves in final two weeks.

PATRIOT
Automatic: Colgate
At-Large: Fordham
Bubble: Lehigh

Said it when it happened, Colgate beating Fordham assured Patriot of an at-large. Lehigh can make things interesting with game at Colgate and then rivalry contest vs Lafayette.

PIONEER
Automatic: Dayton
At-Large: None
Bubble: San Diego

I just want to throw San Diego a 'bone'. They will get considered and then receive a pat on the back!

SoCON
Automatic: The Citadel
At-Large:
Bubble: Chattanooga, Western Carolina

UTC lost to Mercer may have eliminated the Mocs, who have a non-Div I win and still face The Citadel, Florida State. They likely are a solid six-win under consideration. WCU can get to seven wins but longshot.

SOUTHLAND
Automatic: McNeese St
At-Large: Sam Houston State
Bubble: Central Arkansas

McNeese clinched. Sam Houston will make it with wins vs NWST, at UCA. Central Arkansas is on bubble squarely because that Samford loss still stings and can switch places with SHSU with a win over the Bearkats in the finale, which likely amounts to a "play-in" game.

RabidRabbit
November 8th, 2015, 09:03 AM
TT - Haven't seen much of you this season. Hope things are going well with new activities/life.

MVFC listings have all already happened. The big games in MVFC remaining are NDSU vs YSU, and SDSU vs USD, IL St vs USD, and UNI vs SIU. IMHO, NDSU, IL St, SDSU are locked into play-offs. UNI needs to win out. USD needs to win out over IL St and SDSU to get to 7-4. If they do, they're also in. In fact, if USD wins out, they may be seeded, as they would be only team with wins over the other three MVFC leaders.