PDA

View Full Version : Umassfan?

griz37
December 9th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Did anyone meet him? I assume he is on cloud 9 right now.

umassfan
December 9th, 2006, 10:42 AM
I was at the game. I walked through the tailgate circle but not many said anything to me. I didnt want to wear a sign saying "I AM UMASS FAN". I also hung out at the umass tent some as well. The griz fans were awesome even after the loss. If umass ever plays there again I will be there. I sat in section 101 in row 7. If anyone was down there... i was the annoying UMass fan screaming every time we did something good. I had a great talk with many griz fans in the area throughout the game. Now its on to chatty. Time to make the booking when I get home to Vegas tonight.

DuckDuckGriz
December 9th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Congratulations

You piece of *****;)

CollegeSportsInfo
December 11th, 2006, 12:46 PM
There were a good ammount of UMass fans at the game and I got to meet a bunch of them. With travel being an issue, my friend who lives in Montana, said that it looked like only the UMass parents and ME were there...but there were certianly a good group from UMass there with most in the UMass section.

The Montana folks were great hosts and I had a great time with them out and about at the bars later. Oddly, the only negative experience at the game was due to a UMass fan. I came back into the stadium during halftime and worked my way down to my assigned seats in section 103, row 7. The row was completely open so my friend and I took two spots in the empty row of 10 seats, 3 & 4 seats from our assigned seats since there was space. After being in the spot for 30 minutes, a UMass fan came down and made a big stink about us being in his spot. Instead of an "excuse me, that is my seat" it was a more vocal/drunken tirade, complete with loud taunts about "thats what a Yankee fan would do" comments as I was wearing an Yankees hat. He did apologize at the end of the game and by then all was fine. So all was well. Just at the time of the incident it made us UMass fans look much like Mr. Sullivans article prtrayed. Regardless, it was a great experience and would have been memorable even had UMass lost.

A big thank you to all of the fine people at the game, especially those on this site, eGrz and UMhoops who went out of there way to be so friendly.

blukeys
December 11th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I didnt want to wear a sign saying "I AM UMASS FAN". .

Good Idea!!!! That could get you tarred and feathered in some parts of the world!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D :D