PDA

View Full Version : Weather in Boone

ravens
December 8th, 2006, 11:07 PM
What is the weather in Boone?

mistersykes
December 8th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Right now it's 15 degrees with a wind chill fluctuating between 5 and 10 degrees. Gametime tomorrow is supposed to be about 40 going down to 30's.

Block-A
December 8th, 2006, 11:10 PM
From <a href="http://booneweather.com/Forecast/Boone">Ray's</a>

A quick burst of light snow ranging from a dusting right along the Blue Ridge to 3" at higher elevations near the TN line arrived late Thursday afternoon. Accumulating snow was mostly over by 8 PM, but it left a mess on the roads as temperatures plummeted into the teens (single digits up top). The forecast is pretty simple--very cold tonight. Daytime temperatures quickly moderate beginning Saturday. Nighttime temperatures will be significantly colder in the valleys than on the mountaintops through Monday night.

Saturday: Mostly clear; Not as cold after a frigid start; WNW wind 5-15 mph with AM gusts to 30 mph becoming light at night

GoGuins
December 8th, 2006, 11:26 PM
YSU practiced in snow & cold all week. I saw on the local news the team leaving the airport this morning. Coach said all the players are excited for the opportunity to play a great team on a national stage

Mr. C
December 8th, 2006, 11:33 PM
YSU practiced in snow & cold all week. I saw on the local news the team leaving the airport this morning. Coach said all the players are excited for the opportunity to play a great team on a national stage
Jon Heacock actually said this afternoon that the weather in Boone during YSU's brief practice felt like a heat wave, compared to Thursday's practice in Youngstown. He said Thursday was one of the coldest practices he ever remembered. Looking out on my back porch, it's about 15 degrees right now. Should be in the 30s for Saturday's game, however.

KiddBrewer
December 9th, 2006, 07:09 AM
at 8:08, its about 23, should warm up a bit by 4 though.