PDA

View Full Version : Classic game!!!

GrizzlyBill
December 8th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Great game by both teams, but mostly by UMass. The Griz were beaten by Coen and Baylark. Otherwise it was a close matchup.

I really want to congratulate the UMass players and coaches for a clean game free of all the nasty smack, taunting, dirty stuff, and celebrating in your face that is so common in most games these days. I was really impressed with how the Minutemen overcame the penalties attributable to crowd noise. They are a well coached and classy team.

I am pulling for UMass in Chatty because they are a hell of a team and they play the game right! --Not to say App State and Youngstown do not.

89Hen
December 8th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Great job by the Griz fans tonight. That was one of the best looking games I've seen in I-AA. Field looked great, place was packed, fans were dressed up in full Griz regalia and were loud the whole game. Congrats to the Griz on a great season and to a great showing tonight. :thumbsup:

Umass74
December 8th, 2006, 10:55 PM
I tried to log on to the Grizz board, but I can't get it to send me the confirmation e-mail.

I wanted to thank the Montana fans for such a great atmosphere and for the friendly reception.

One of the UMass reporters said "The Grizz fans want to beat you, but they want you to have a good time while they're beating you.

At this stage of the season, it's really tough that anyone has to end the season on a sad note.

I'm a Grizz fan from now on. Let's do it again next year. :hurray:

ngineer
December 8th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Congrats to both UMass and Montana on a great game. What a great atmosphere. Hope tomorrow's showdown between YSU and ASU is as good!:hurray:

Tribe4SF
December 8th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Great game by both teams, but mostly by UMass. The Griz were beaten by Coen and Baylark. Otherwise it was a close matchup.

I really want to congratulate the UMass players and coaches for a clean game free of all the nasty smack, taunting, dirty stuff, and celebrating in your face that is so common in most games these days. I was really impressed with how the Minutemen overcame the penalties attributable to crowd noise. They are a well coached and classy team.

I am pulling for UMass in Chatty because they are a hell of a team and they play the game right! --Not to say App State and Youngstown do not.

I concur, from what I saw. When W&M played at UMass this year, the Minutemen were all business. I didn't see any behavior from UMass players like what others have posted.

Take it all the way, Minutemen!!!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

GeauxColonels
December 8th, 2006, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=ngineer]Congrats to both UMass and Montana on a great game. What a great atmosphere. [B][I]Hope tomorrow's showdown between YSU We can only be so lucky!

GeauxColonels
December 8th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Congrats to both UMass and Montana on a great game. What a great atmosphere. Hope tomorrow's showdown between YSU and ASU is as good!:hurray:
We can only be so lucky!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

blackfordpu
December 8th, 2006, 11:19 PM

Hey, its the CS, we arn't lucky just fortunate! :cool:

Griz40
December 8th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Most of what I saw was posted against the Umass fans....not the players. I honestly have to say the Umass players were first class in a hostile environment. The Umass fans that made the trip were crazy(from a tv standpoint....no shirts and wearing paint...crazy bastards even if you are used to cold!....Musta been at Red's before the game...lucky bastards..yes i used that word twice and dont' take it back!)

blukeys
December 8th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Congratulations to all involved. It was a great game that showed the CS at it's best. Much thanks to the Griz for showing a home environment that equals the BCS. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

gokats85
December 8th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Looked like a great game from what little I could see of it, my damn job got in the way!:D Congrats to UMass for advancing, but also to the Griz; because the road to a championship seems to always go through Missoula!

Sam Adams
December 8th, 2006, 11:40 PM
I want to congratulate Montana. You guys are amazing fans. I'm so impressed with both teams and the game could have gone either way. UMass was the better team, but Montana was a superb team too. We thought that your homefield advantage would be the difference, but our kids just stepped up. The UMass Oline + Baylark (246 total yds & 2 Tds) + the UMass D was simply incredible. Only an a gargantuan effort could have beaten the Griz. They are an amazingly talented team..

Keeper
December 9th, 2006, 04:09 AM
YSU-JM
Mass-NH
Mass-Montana

All great exciting games.
Next two should be terrific too.

Keep it up!

Fordham
December 9th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Wow! First off, congrats UMASS. Just a great, great game overall as well. And I'd like to echo the comments about Montana's stadium and fans - that was absolutely incredible. I'm just in awe of that environment that was created. Just a tremendous showcase for our dear old subdivision.

Good luck to UMASS in Chatty as well. All roads to the championship go through the PL ... or more specifically, Lafayette. :D

appman87
December 9th, 2006, 09:21 AM
I have much respect for the Griz. Great season. Hoped for a Montana/App State championship. congrets to UMass. Go ASU.

appfan2008
December 9th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I loved watching a FCS game in such a great atmosphere

griz37
December 9th, 2006, 10:06 AM
One of the UMass reporters said "The Grizz fans want to beat you, but they want you to have a good time while they're beating you.

Thanks for posting that quote. :thumbsup:

AZGrizFan
December 9th, 2006, 10:06 AM
I want to congratulate Montana. You guys are amazing fans. I'm so impressed with both teams and the game could have gone either way. UMass was the better team, but Montana was a superb team too. We thought that your homefield advantage would be the difference, but our kids just stepped up. The UMass Oline + Baylark (246 total yds & 2 Tds) + the UMass D was simply incredible. Only an a gargantuan effort could have beaten the Griz. They are an amazingly talented team..

Actually, it WAS a difference. On a neutral field, or in Amherst that games probably a 14 point game. Baylark is THAT good.

GtFllsGriz
December 9th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Congrats to UMass. To come in to the Griz Nation and play that well is a true testimont to your fine team. UMass dominated most of the game and were the better team last night.

Enjoy the ride and may the better team be the TRUE National Champion. From everything I have read and heard the UMass team and fans were truly a class act.

There is no disgrace losing to a team like that.

Calif_Colonial
December 9th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Awesome game! Congrats to UMass and also to the Griz on a great season. What a great stadium and atmosphere for college football. It makes me proud to be part of FCS football. :thumbsup: