PDA

View Full Version : ESPN STINKS!!!

Umass74
December 8th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Everybody please excuse me, but ESPN drives me crazy.

They spent the whole third quarter talking about the BCS, with the camera on the announcers. :bang:

They had a great close game with UMass-Montana. The Grizz fans provided a great atmosphere.

What the bleep do they want?

I, for one would have rather been watching the game.

Death Dealer
December 8th, 2006, 10:33 PM
No doubt! What was up with that? I was blown away by the disrespect that showed. And what a lame-ass debate of the BCS system to boot! Bunch of dumbasses!

bustingnut
December 8th, 2006, 10:33 PM
I agree. And I also didnt like talking about your quarterback's mother and her means of deceasing 3 separate times.

FlyYtown
December 8th, 2006, 10:35 PM
I will allow my BS Bias out again... Fact is only a select few of the nation's population cares about the Div. 1 Playoffs.... The money and the viewers are with the BS.... So to keep those people interested they talk about the BCS..

That simple..... no need to see the same threads about ESPN every year... Just be happy we have the games on TV!

mistersykes
December 8th, 2006, 10:36 PM
I wasn't suprised at anything that they did really. Then again, I had low expectations. I guess the good side of this is that its better motivation to get your butts over to the games instead of watching crappy coverage.

Although I thought their play-by-play wasn't too bad. I hope the same can be said for tomorrow's game though.

Saluki Fan in FL
December 8th, 2006, 10:38 PM
I hear that!!! I was talking with my dad about the exact thing. Here we have a great I-AA game (Div. I), and all they can talk about is the BCS and how they should or should not have a playoff.

ESPN... Fu(K off!

That pissed me off. Of all games to speak their drivel. They should know who their audience is. People watching this game have more on their minds than the damn BCS Bull *****.

Sorry It just made me mad!

Sam Adams
December 8th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Talking about Coen's mom repeatedly was low class. Bad marks for espn.

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2006, 10:41 PM
THEY DON'T EVEN MENTION SUICIDE...IN OBITUARIES.......POOR TASTE....TA TALK 'BOUT IT...TONIGHT.........TA SAY HIS MOM DIED...WOULD HAVE SUFFICED.......:twocents:...AWK!

December 8th, 2006, 10:42 PM
I will allow my BS Bias out again... Fact is only a select few of the nation's population cares about the Div. 1 Playoffs.... The money and the viewers are with the BS.... So to keep those people interested they talk about the BCS..

That simple..... no need to see the same threads about ESPN every year... Just be happy we have the games on TV!WE PAY FOR THE GAMES TO BE ON TV!

This is the FCS Discussion Board and the e$pn coverage was ESPECIALLY bad for the FCS tonight. Don't like that FCS fans are talking about it then go over to your Ohio State board and talk there.

TexasTerror
December 8th, 2006, 10:42 PM
I was not the least bit satisfied with ESPN's coverage of the game.

If this was a meaningless game such as each and every one of those bowl games that the FBS does, feel free to talk about the lack of playoffs in that division and how much it stinks compared to the FCS system.

This was an FCS game. Talk about how the system works and how we are given great matchups leading into the Division I Football Championship. Plug the great environment you were apart of (Wash-Griz) and talk about how there's going to be a packed house in Chatty next week to see the culmination of a great season!

Heck, throw in some Payton Award discussion! :)

ESPN needs to get their act together. If Ralph or whomever else provides e-mails to write to some of the people who call the shots, we need to publicize those around this board and every other FCS community like nothing else so our fans get make our voices heard...

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 8th, 2006, 10:44 PM

That simple..... no need to see the same threads about ESPN every year... Just be happy we have the games on TV!

You mean all the UMass, Montana, Appalachian State, and YSU fans that are watching this game only care about the BCS and don't care about the CS playoffs?

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 8th, 2006, 10:46 PM

As much as we all hate to admit it, you are correct. Money drives all businesses, including ESPN. They need to hawk the BCS any chance they can get. And, more importantly -- YES, isn't it great that we have to games on so "WE" (who really care) can watch and enjoy the drama & passion -- & more than a few future NFL prospects and potential stars.

Great Theatre last weekend with UNH vs UMASS, great theatre tonight, and most likely we'll have great theatre tomorrow with YSU at App State.

Thanks, ESPN, for giving 1-AA a chance. And, 1-AA congrats for putting on such a show! :thumbsup:

Saluki Fan in FL
December 8th, 2006, 10:46 PM

As much as I hate it... you're right. More people care about BCS. But this I think should be out of respect for who a majority of your audience is. Think about it... what BCS pureist was watching this game?

Yo... ESPN... I smell another audience you can cater to. How 'bout ESPN3 to cover all Div. 1 Football and any other sports that isn't covered.

FlyYtown
December 8th, 2006, 10:47 PM
You mean all the UMass, Montana, Appalachian State, and YSU fans that are watching this game only care about the BCS and don't care about the CS playoffs?

O well I can assure you that a few bars way down in Ft. Myer's, FL had the Griz-MMen on their tv's... You really think those people care?

Listen.. You guys act as if I-AA/CS needs royalty on ESPN since it's rare to get the national coverage.... but what makes the I-AA/CS so great is the hidden talent, the passionate fans, and the large crowds... which you will see tomorrow... tv can kill crowds... Sure I-AA/CS get's screwed on ESPN...
but c-mon: It's the SAME OLD SAME OLD!

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 8th, 2006, 10:49 PM

Certainly not, but the casual Friday night observers probably do and they (ESPN) needs to make their push to all of them.

And, maybe in an unintended way, talking BCS makes more people long for a playoff format that the 1-AA proves is exciting, passionate, and full of great football. :thumbsup:

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 8th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Certainly not, but the casual Friday night observers probably do and they (ESPN) needs to make their push to all of them.

And, maybe in an unintended way, talking BCS makes more people long for a playoff format that the 1-AA proves is exciting, passionate, and full of great football. :thumbsup:

I don't think the Friday night Channel surfers are going to take a second look at this game..."Let me watch this game a few more minutes, maybe they will talk about Brady Quinn and Troy Smith on a timeout!"

How will this raise the ratings?

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 8th, 2006, 11:01 PM
I don't think the Friday night Channel surfers are going to take a second look at this game..."Let me watch this game a few more minutes, maybe they will talk about Brady Quinn and Troy Hall on a timeout!"

How will this raise the ratings?

You just may be absolutely right. But, again, there is NO cost to ESPN to feature their talking heads discussing BCS. It's free, easy, and the commentators are probably very happy to show their knowledge of BCS in hopes (no matter how faint) of getting noticed and thus being given a chance to move up to the original ESPN and maybe do a Bowl game or two.

AND, bottom line, No matter HOW MUCH YOUR GET TICKED OFF, you (& I and all others like us) are going to keep watching the 1-AA game -- and be thankful that it is on.

In sum, ZERO COST for ESPN, won't cost them an EMMY (or whatever TV sports broadcasting awards are called :cool: ), and it won't cost them any true 1-AA viewers.

December 8th, 2006, 11:02 PM
... You really think those people care?...----> there's the door Buckeye troll.

GoGuins
December 8th, 2006, 11:04 PM
WE PAY FOR THE GAMES TO BE ON TV!

This is the FCS Discussion Board and the e$pn coverage was ESPECIALLY bad for the FCS tonight. Don't like that FCS fans are talking about it then go over to your Ohio State board and talk there.

xlolx xlolx xlolx Yea Fly, I'm sure ralph will be joining your site tooxlolx xlolx

December 8th, 2006, 11:05 PM
... ZERO COST for ESPN, won't cost them an EMMY (or whatever TV sports broadcasting awards are called :cool: ), and it won't cost them any true 1-AA viewers.EXACTLY THE POINT OF THIS THREAD. E$PN STINKS!!!

GoGuins
December 8th, 2006, 11:06 PM
----> there's the door Buckeye troll.

Don't let it hit you in the a$$!:asswhip:

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 8th, 2006, 11:06 PM
O well I can assure you that a few bars way down in Ft. Myer's, FL had the Griz-MMen on their tv's... You really think those people care?

Listen.. You guys act as if I-AA/CS needs royalty on ESPN since it's rare to get the national coverage.... but what makes the I-AA/CS so great is the hidden talent, the passionate fans, and the large crowds... which you will see tomorrow... tv can kill crowds... Sure I-AA/CS get's screwed on ESPN...
but c-mon: It's the SAME OLD SAME OLD!

I never said it needs "royalty". It doesn't even really bother me much that there is barely any pre-game or post-game commentary the way there is with bigger college games. But I agree the talk about the BCS and the fact that they seem to insinuate that FCS football is all about grabbing the most benched FBS players was irritating.

Death Dealer
December 8th, 2006, 11:09 PM
I don't think it matters whether "those people" care. What does matter is that they were talking about BCS crap right in the middle of the third quarter as if to say, "noboby is really watching this game, so lets go off on a tangent about BCS and if it's working?" I and lots of other FCS fans were trying to watch a very close, very good football game! If you have to talk about BS, do it during the half! :bang: And to mention the suicide was in incredibly bad taste.:nonono2:

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 8th, 2006, 11:10 PM
EXACTLY THE POINT OF THIS THREAD. E$PN STINKS!!!

No argument there, BUT would you rather be watching Bowling or Poker? Thank God for small favors from Bristol.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 8th, 2006, 11:12 PM
I don't think it matters whether "those people" care. What does matter is that they were talking about BCS crap right in the middle of the third quarter as if to say, "noboby is really watching this game, so lets go off on a tangent about BCS and if it's working?" I and lots of other FCS fans were trying to watch a very close, very good football game! If you have to talk about BS, do it during the half! :bang: And to mention the suicide was in incredibly bad taste.:nonono2:

LoL...it was like "Another bad throw by Swogger...and speaking of bad throws, the Florida Defensive Coordinator thinks they can force Troy Smith to make bad throws to shut down their passing game. What do you think, Mr. Gilmore?"

Umass74
December 8th, 2006, 11:15 PM
I know what side ESPN's bread is buttered on. I don't mind them discussing the BCS that much.

BUT CAN WE WATCH THE BLEEPING GAME WHILE THEY'RE TALKING.

That's what got me going. Again, sorry for venting. I thought it was disrespectful of what the two teams were trying to do...

proasu89
December 8th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Clowns, absolute clowns. :nonono2:

LeopardFan04
December 8th, 2006, 11:17 PM
No argument there, BUT would you rather be watching Bowling or Poker? Thank God for small favors from Bristol.

It's not really a favor when the NCAA is paying them to broadcast the game...couldn't even mute the announcers and watch since the camera was on them and not the action...

LeopardFan04
December 8th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Clowns, absolute clowns. :nonono2:

Agreed...absolutely shameful...: smh :

December 8th, 2006, 11:19 PM
No argument there, BUT would you rather be watching Bowling or Poker? Thank God for small favors from Bristol.FAVORS???? WE PAY THEM TO SHOW THE GAME NOT SOME BOGUS GRAPHIC ABOUT "DI-A NATIONAL CHAMPIONS" xlolx xlolx xlolx

VT Wildcat Fan53
It's not really a favor when the NCAA is paying them to broadcast the game...couldn't even mute the announcers and watch since the camera was on them and not the action...

Then, Thank you, NCAA!

Griz40

They spent the whole third quarter talking about the BCS, with the camera on the announcers. :bang:

They had a great close game with UMass-Montana. The Grizz fans provided a great atmosphere.

I have to agree...the "clowns" of announcers that were there were not even paying the slightest bit of attention to the game but rather the face time they were getting! That pissed me off more than losing the game!!
By the way it was a hard fought game and one that could have gone either way if played another day.....arguments on both sides considered..........it lived up to its billing in my mind...........EVEN THO WE LOST(do you hear that umass fans that were talking all kinds of crap???) Call someone you know that made the trip right now and ask them how they have been treated..........Just ask a Umass fan who is there right now.

Block-A
December 8th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Who's tired of trying to watch Monday Night Football while the hosts interview someone, for example, Sylvester Stallone, while the game is being played in the background? It's not just these games, folks. It's not new, either.

Radio... radio... radio....

blackfordpu
December 8th, 2006, 11:21 PM
I was not the least bit satisfied with ESPN's coverage of the game.

If this was a meaningless game such as each and every one of those bowl games that the FBS does, feel free to talk about the lack of playoffs in that division and how much it stinks compared to the FCS system.

This was an FCS game. Talk about how the system works and how we are given great matchups leading into the Division I Football Championship. Plug the great environment you were apart of (Wash-Griz) and talk about how there's going to be a packed house in Chatty next week to see the culmination of a great season!

Heck, throw in some Payton Award discussion! :)

ESPN needs to get their act together. If Ralph or whomever else provides e-mails to write to some of the people who call the shots, we need to publicize those around this board and every other FCS community like nothing else so our fans get make our voices heard...

Well said TT. :nod:

ButlerGSU
December 8th, 2006, 11:22 PM
I agree. And I also didnt like talking about your quarterback's mother and her means of deceasing 3 separate times.

I was thinking the same thing, I'm sure the family loved being reminded on national tv.

LeopardFan04
December 8th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Who's tired of trying to watch Monday Night Football while the hosts interview someone, for example, Sylvester Stallone, while the game is being played in the background? It's not just these games, folks. It's not new, either.

Radio... radio... radio....

Very true...their coverage of MNF is lacking as well...too many times do they miss action because they are interviewing someone or having a discussion...

blukeys
December 8th, 2006, 11:24 PM

As many others have said. The NCAA PAYS to have this game shown. the purpose of showing the game is to promote the CS Product. This is something that everyone says needs to be done to enhance our subdivision. So the NCAA stepped up and ESPN stepped down. xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx
I'm not shocked.

Why does anyone believe more viewers will stay watching a broadcast of a 19-17 game if BCS crao is put in. Does anyone think there is NOT ENOUGH BCS promos on ESPN and ESPN2? xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

Your assertion that BCS talk was necessary to keep folks interested in a 19-17 football game is laughable. BCS talk on ESPN is like fly crap at a Horse Stable. It is everywhere and at least the horses have their tails to swat the flies away.

Griz40
December 8th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Well said TT. :nod:
Agree!!!
One other note of interest...did anyone notice one promo for either school? Hello!!!!!

texcap
December 8th, 2006, 11:41 PM
While I am no big fan of the BCS, I didn't have as much problem with them discussing that as I did with all the IA transfer talk. I bet I heard Washington State mentioned more when talking about Swogger than Montana. The only highlights they showed of him was when he was at WSU, not of past Griz games. You can guarantee when one of the transfers did something on the field the first words would be, "He's a transfer from Big Money U."

I think this is the same crew that did last years Championship game (at least I know that Gilmore was in Chattanooga last year) and they did the exact same thing.

My guess is that they will do next weeks game as well, since they are the "Friday Night Guys" and we can expect more of the same. Since they spent so much time talking about the BCS this week maybe next week they can discuss some of the other important IA bowl games. How about a 4th quarter devoted to the New Orleans bowl matchup, or maybe the fact that 6-6 Iowa will be playing in the Alamo bowl against Texas.

Griz40
December 8th, 2006, 11:54 PM
While I am no big fan of the BCS, I didn't have as much problem with them discussing that as I did with all the IA transfer talk. I bet I heard Washington State mentioned more when talking about Swogger than Montana. The only highlights they showed of him was when he was at WSU, not of past Griz games. You can guarantee when one of the transfers did something on the field the first words would be, "He's a transfer from Big Money U."

I think this is the same crew that did last years Championship game (at least I know that Gilmore was in Chattanooga last year) and they did the exact same thing.

My guess is that they will do next weeks game as well, since they are the "Friday Night Guys" and we can expect more of the same. Since they spent so much time talking about the BCS this week maybe next week they can discuss some of the other important IA bowl games. How about a 4th quarter devoted to the New Orleans bowl matchup, or maybe the fact that 6-6 Iowa will be playing in the Alamo bowl against Texas.
Well I hope they can pronounce Chatanooga correctly since they didn't do enough research to pronounce some of the Montana "towns" correctly. Hell, they still misprnounce Dave "Dickerson"..I mean Dickenson...you know the guy who just was the MVP of the Grey Cup.
ESPN IS A BITCH...to money!

gokats85
December 8th, 2006, 11:56 PM
First of all these clowns NEVER "do their homework". They're not going to dig and find the real stories behind any I-AA team. Even during MAC coverage this year, ESPN stunk it up. When Bowling Green and Miami (OH) squared off, the only thing those clowns in the booth were talking about was Michigan-Ohio State. They even had former Buckeye and Wolverine players on the phone chatting about previous clashes between UM and OSU, totally ignoring the fact that there was a great game going on RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM! The ADs from both schools along with officials from the MAC should demand better treatment from ESPN. If I was a fan from either school, I would have felt BEYOND insulted!:nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

ucdtim17
December 9th, 2006, 12:03 AM
ESPN IS A BITCH...to money!

Sort of like most companies :rolleyes:

I don't know why you guys didn't just write all this this afternoon before the game. You know you could have

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 9th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Sort of like most companies :rolleyes:

I don't know why you guys didn't just write all this this afternoon before the game. You know you could have

I was complaining earlier today about their coverage and the game hadn't started, now I feel justified in my complaints xcoffeex

Rabbit3467
December 9th, 2006, 01:00 AM
I only got to watch a small part of the game (because I was working), and every time I went to check on the game the deuche bag announcers were either talking about BCS (why????????) or I-A transfers :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: . Terrible job.

Off track but Monday night football has been ruined by ESPN and Joe, i hurt my knee, theisman and tony kornheiser. Theisman was always the worst announcer, and then they added kornheiser, and took football to a new low.

I hate theisman

WIU02
December 9th, 2006, 01:28 AM
1) Shut up Flytown

2) Genetic freak up in the booth working for ESPN2

3) Exposure has gotten better every year

Keeper
December 9th, 2006, 03:59 AM
1) Enormous School Promotion Network
2) No Favors Here, just needed programming filler, they think.
3) 4th string talking heads, no more no less.
4) BCS is fair point relative to lack of playoffs. No incentive
for promotion because the games are on FOX (except Rose)
5) They think they are the show now, not like the start-up days.
6) ESPN: just plain clueless
7) Prepare for more of the same next Friday night.
8) If you can, mute ESPN and stream the local radio-cast.
9) Tell ESPN you watch the CS games and would appreciate
more of them. You never know.

Pantherpower
December 9th, 2006, 06:21 AM
EXACTLY THE POINT OF THIS THREAD. E$PN STINKS!!!

Lots of talkie talkie talkie going on here. What's the alternative? "Don't come to me with problems unless you're prepared to talk about solutions.:smiley_wi "

AppMan
December 9th, 2006, 06:43 AM

This was the same crew who did last year's the championship game and their BCS discussion was almost a word for word carbon copy of what they did last year. At least they didn't spend most of the first half talking about who was going to win the Heisman Trophy like they did last year.

AppGirl82
December 9th, 2006, 06:48 AM
^ That will be tonight considering the coverage is right after the App. game. I hope for the sanity of the viewers (and the strength of my heart!) that the ASU/YSU games doesn't go into super overtime or it will get cut for the Heisman stuff at 8 p.m.

Cocky
December 9th, 2006, 07:05 AM
At least the picture was good.

RadMann
December 9th, 2006, 07:29 AM
The game looked great on my new high definition Sony :)

BrevardMountaineer03
December 9th, 2006, 07:38 AM

I must agree with my SoCon Friend here, I was watching to see who was going to play in the National Championship game, I don't care (right then) who is going to win the Heisman, whether the Buckeyes will roll, whether there should be a rematch....I wanted to see UMass and Montana, and here about them........
I did however see highlights on ESPN News and Sportscenter this morning.....and UMass will play the winner of Yougstown State and Appalaychin State (spelled it the way they pronounced it.)
:twocents: Also, suicide and any sort of mental illness need not be commented on air...ESPN apologize for that!:nono: :twocents:

BrevardMountaineer03
December 9th, 2006, 07:42 AM
1) 9) Tell ESPN you watch the CS games and would appreciate
more of them. You never know.

Now there is an idea...I have bashed ESPN and I didn't like the coverage, but let's stop belly-aching and try to do something about it....Keeper's right, you never know.

PS:We can still bash while we try and change the system.

JohnStOnge
December 9th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I think that by discussing the BCS they're appealing to a broader audience. I think most college football fans who aren't I-AA fans would be interested that kind of discussion in the context of watching a playoff game involving a subdivision that does produce champions.

So that didn't bother me.

What disappointed me was stuff like saying Youngstown State is the defending national champion.

NC Aggie
December 9th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Obviously too much talk about 1A instead of 1AA. Countless talk about 1A transfers (oftentimes these folks are the rejects and don't make that much impact in 1AA) and of course the BCS banter. Honestly made it feel like the game was a side show. Oh well you know they are just promoting the other games (1A) that will draw a bigger share.

UNH SUPERFAN
December 9th, 2006, 08:48 AM
My family and I watched the game and we were screaming "Who cares!!" at the tv during the multiple BCS talk.

Here are subjects they could have talked about:

1. The conferences that make up the FCS division. Show each conference by name and list the teams. This would interest a large number of BCS fans, especially those fans of teams BEATEN BY FCS TEAMS!!

2. Talk about maybe the best FCS team, NDSU, sitting at home due to probation, and how the probation system works. Good contoversial topic.

3. Talk about 7-4 Montana State getting in (I'm making no judgement here)when some other teams didn't, and then how the bracketts were set up, and the contoversy there.

4. Ivy League non-participation in playoffs.

There are many other topics they could have talked about that probably would have been of interest to everyone.

I was very disappointed in ESPN, especially during such a great, hard-fought game!!

FlyYtown
December 9th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Well after talking with Paul McGuire of ESPN this past week at my high schools hall of fame dinner [went to Ytown Ursuline like me and Swogger, etc] who had did the Halftime Show last night.... He told me he will be talking about YSU a lot on Saturday.

WHY? He lived in Youngstown and LOVES YSU!
GO GUINS

PS: I am sorry I am in the minority on this site. I am a realist. ESPN is going to show what people wanna see.... And it comes as no surprise: BS>CS! o ya Ralph, you sure I am a buckeye troll: GO FLORIDA!

Col Hogan
December 9th, 2006, 08:55 AM

Maybe I don't pay enough attention to the news since I don't live in or near Happy Valley anymore...I knew his MOm died...I've heard the story from different venues a number of times...but that was the first time I heard about depression and suicide...I was speachless as I sat there listening. TO call it low class is to insult all the low class people of the world. THAT WAS DISPICABLE!!!!!!!!!! :nono: :nono: :nono:

appfan2008
December 9th, 2006, 09:55 AM
ESPN STINKS
1) hated the BCS talk...
2) hated them saying YSU defending champs...
3) hated all the transfer talk...

BUT WORST OF ALL...
Dont tell me 3 times the mother of the quarterback killed herself that is so wrong and rude and annoying...
totally disrespectful :(

GoGuins
December 9th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Well after talking with Paul McGuire of ESPN this past week at my high schools hall of fame dinner [went to Ytown Ursuline like me and Swogger, etc] who had did the Halftime Show last night.... He told me he will be talking about YSU a lot on Saturday.

WHY? He lived in Youngstown and LOVES YSU!
GO GUINS

Paul McGuire although a nice guy in person, is a horrible announcer. It's why the NFL bumped him down to college games. They got tired of him there so now they stick him in the control booth or with the camera man.xlolx ESPN just needs to fire the guy

FlyYtown
December 9th, 2006, 10:41 AM
GoGuins...What did I do that make's you hate me?

December 9th, 2006, 10:42 AM
GoGuins...What did I do that make's you hate me?Take it to PM please.

No_Skill
December 9th, 2006, 11:01 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the highlights on ESPNews. I think I saw highlights of the game, but I'm not sure cause I don't have TIVO to rewind and play in slow-mo.

They had more comprehensive highlights of the "High School Championship Game" or whatever that was.

Ivytalk
December 9th, 2006, 11:08 AM
The ESPN crew clearly had no clue about the great tradition of Montana football and that stadium atmosphere, let alone the intricacies of FCS football. To them, it was just another December game in a cold place, and gee-will-I make-my-connecting-flight.: smh :

Larz
December 9th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Annoying comments stated and those left out do not instill more viewing. So, joe & shmo announcers, what do you think of the BCS? joe says BCS good....lots of talk and get to see the best teams play. shmo says BCS bad.....screwed up over 50% of the time in last 5 years.

(Hmmmmmm announcer thinking....how can we bash CS.) Announcer finally comes up with ...My goodness these players on these teams will have played 14 games. Wow thats alot and some had to take tests today........

CS is crap I guess.. Please get a brain..
GO BISON

colorless raider
December 9th, 2006, 01:48 PM

Those guys did the same boring "debate" during the last game. They are auditioning for 1A games. It is AWFUL!! I just go to mute.

BigApp
December 9th, 2006, 03:07 PM
YTown, I get (and understand) your point.

GOKATS
December 9th, 2006, 03:16 PM
The BB game just got over & ESPN announced that up next is a NCAA I-AA Semifinal game.:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

DFW HOYA
December 9th, 2006, 03:18 PM
At the end of the Wisconsin-Marquette game, ESPN's Sean McDonough must have seen the "Football Championship Subdivision" line and stumbled over it, saying 'Next, from Boone, NC, the..., uh, I-AA Football Championship Semifinal".

Cleets
December 9th, 2006, 03:18 PM

I've got a great idea, let's all complain about national coverage by the number one sports channel in the world...

and if we really complain a lot maybe they'll just completely stop showing these 1-AA games.... Brilliantxidiotx

LeopardFan04
December 9th, 2006, 03:20 PM
I've got a great idea, let's all complain about national coverage by the number one sports channel in the world...

and if we really complain a lot maybe they'll just completely stop showing these 1-AA games.... Brilliantxidiotx

They get paid to show them...it's not like they're doing everyone a big favor...they'd probably just as well show poker...

Cleets
December 9th, 2006, 08:09 PM
They get paid to show them...it's not like they're doing everyone a big favor...they'd probably just as well show poker...

well lets all just convince them to do so (show poker)`- and while we're at it reload the gun and shoot ourselves in the head (oh yeah, and re-name the product so nobody knows what it is...)

The 1-AA (or whatever it is now) just plain sucks... mainly just the whiney smarmy fan base and the so called (stupid) leadership, it's a mess...

I'm sure we can all turn (what should be) a beautiful thing into crap, watch us go!

Ivytalk
December 9th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Today's coverage was orders of magnitude better than yesterday's. They actually stayed focused on the game in front of them.:nod:

LeopardFan04
December 9th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Today's coverage was orders of magnitude better than yesterday's. They actually stayed focused on the game in front of them.:nod:

Very true...good job by the crew today...

Purple Pride
December 9th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah, it took a while. But by the end of the 4th they were correcting theirselves and saying we could take some of the "Big Boys". Congrats App., you earned it.:thumbsup: