PDA

View Full Version : ESPN2HD?

89Hen
December 8th, 2006, 02:00 PM
I have no problem admitting I'm totally ignorant to TV technology, but will the semis and final be in HD? If yes, does ESPN broadcast every event in HD? This will be my first chance to watch in HD at my own home if it is.

Tealblood
December 8th, 2006, 02:03 PM
for the most part espn is in HD but espn2 is not necessarily unless the market is different at your home.
being new to the hd my self it is pretty damn amazing

Grlz
Yep, HD baby! (for the Montana game, so I assume YSU/ASU/Chatty.)

Grizalltheway
I have no problem admitting I'm totally ignorant to TV technology, but will the semis and final be in HD? If yes, does ESPN broadcast every event in HD? This will be my first chance to watch in HD at my own home if it is.

Yes, both semis are in HD. Most major sporting events (football, basketball, baseball) are broadcasted in HD

CSUBUCDAD

If the channel is designated as a HD channel that does not necessarily mean everything they broadcast is HD, just that some of the programming is broadcast in HD. Usually HD programs will have the little HD symbol thing on the bottom when the show starts to let you know. Course, if you have an HD system you notice right off the bat anyway.

ncguitarplyr
i don't think every espn broadcast is in hd but the semis and final will be...if you have an hd tv AND hd cable/satellite then yeah u can watch it in hd

mcveyrl
December 8th, 2006, 02:04 PM
You cannot beat sports in HD!! Unfortunately, my cable system doesn't offer ESPN2HD, but offers ESPNHD. I don't know what's up with that, but it sucks.

bryan92
December 8th, 2006, 02:20 PM
I've found this to be pretty accurate. But, on occasion, something that is not listed such as the Saturday game will still be in HD. Hope it helps.

http://hd.espn.com/hd/schedule.jsp

GeauxColonels
December 8th, 2006, 02:38 PM
You cannot beat sports in HD!! Unfortunately, my cable system doesn't offer ESPN2HD, but offers ESPNHD. I don't know what's up with that, but it sucks.
Mine was like that too. But just last month, they ADDED ESPN2-HD to the HD programing! I got to watch FCS games in HD already!:hurray:

elkmcc
December 8th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Here in Missoula Bresnan had not been broadcasting ESPN in HD but changed things up for the game. I am sure people were screaming. Anyway I have been tuned in to ESPN2 all morning and Bresnan is actually promoting the game themselves with there own commerical say they will be broadcasting the game in HD. The dude in the commercial says " Go Montana Grizzlies. Beat the University of Ma. Minutemen".

SeattleGriz
December 8th, 2006, 03:49 PM
In Seattle we have ESPN, ESPNHD, ESPN2 AND ESPN2HD. So far, every HD game I have checked has been broadcast in 1080i.

Love my HDTV. App State vs MSU was unreal.