PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-31

JALMOND
October 28th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Halloween. Spooky day, spooky night. Currently, I am at 45-19 and with none of the basement teams playing, these games are all important and difficult. Who's a ghost, who's a pumpkin, maybe all these will come out.

CP at SUU---A great opportunity for the Thunderbirds to finally play someone in the conference and see if they are for real. But some of the luster may be off as the Mustangs cannot get to the benchmark of 7 wins, so how will they play...SUU 35, CP 20.

UM at PSU---A great matchup for Halloween as the mainstay Grizzlies come in to Portland and face the upstart Vikings. The Grizzlies want to claw their way back to the top, yet the Vikings are finding it pretty comfortable there...PSU 35, UM 28.

MSU at UND---The interesting aspect in this game is will the Bobcats finally get a road win this week, after the Dakotans looked really ordinary last week. On paper, the Dakotans shouldn't be able to keep up with the Bobcats, but that defense?...UND 45, MSU 40.

UNC at NAU---The Bears came oh so close last week, coming back only to lose on a last second field goal. The Lumberjacks pretty much put Weber State away early. The Bears will be game here too, but the Lumberjacks should find a way to win...NAU 28, UNC 20.

WSU at EWU---The Wildcats already have one impressive win in a hostile stadium and would love to get a second. The Eagles have looked vulnerable on the road, which means it is probably great that this game is at the Inferno...EWU 48, WSU 24.

mvemjsunpx
October 29th, 2015, 01:12 AM
Weber 27-38 EWU — Who thought this game would have major postseason implications for both teams?

Montana 24-27 Portland St. — This is actually the first time the Griz have played in Portland proper since 2008

Cal Poly 21-30 Suutah — The T-Birds may have dodged a bullet with CP now out of postseason hopes

NoCo 28-45 NAU — The 'Jacks are definitely the most extreme home/road team in the league this year

Montana St. 42-34 NoDak — It's not quite November, so the Griz Hangover should override the Bozeman Swoon

bonarae
October 29th, 2015, 04:22 AM
EWU
Portland State
Southern Utah
NAU
Montana State

Grizzlies82
October 29th, 2015, 08:23 AM
It has been very busy lately so haven't been able to share my winning picks each week.
Will correct that here and now;

Cal Poly at So. Utah. So Utah is the easy pick. Yet it isn't going to happen. Poly wins & damages SUU's title hopes.
Montana at Portland St. UM's offense shows up for second week in a row. PSU's conference title hopes die.
MT State at No Dakota. UND sets new school rushing & scoring records yet fall short in a triple digit game.
No Colorado at No Arizona. Unlikely to even be a contest as NAU wins comfortably at home.
Weber St at E. Washington. EWU defense makes Weber look good yet E. WA wins by double digits.

Three out of five road wins. Big Sky conference title race gets murkier/clearer? Remember, Go BIG or go home!
Also don't forget, send 10% of your winnings to the Grizzlies 82 "Retirement to the south of France Fund". xcoolx

tomq04
October 29th, 2015, 11:47 AM
I think the home teams take it, except Montana St laying a bruising on the No Dak's lack of 2ndary, Prokup player of the week.

eiu1999
October 29th, 2015, 12:35 PM
EWU
Portland State
Southern Utah
NAU
North Dakota

tomq04
October 29th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Just looked at Cheney weather forecast, 57 degrees, rain and 26 mph winds...this game should be toss up and whoever can run it better wins.

Low scoring affair I would think.

21-14 EWU

mvemjsunpx
October 29th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Just looked at Cheney weather forecast, 57 degrees, rain and 26 mph winds...this game should be toss up and whoever can run it better wins.

Low scoring affair I would think.

21-14 EWU

Does that sort of thing exist in Cheney? xsmiley_wix

deez_na
October 29th, 2015, 01:51 PM
It's possible UND pulls an upset but that offense will not score 45

wapiti
October 29th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Weber 28-45 EWU — EWU easily wins.

Montana 30-24 Portland St. —UM seems to be hitting their stride.

Cal Poly 31-31 SU —This is a tough game to call. It could go either way. So it will finish in a tie.

NoCo 24-32 NAU — NAU is tough at home.

Montana St. 35-37 ND — If MSU's defense can get several stops or turnovers then MSU has a fair chance to win. Otherwise ND wins due to home field advantage.

bobcathpdevil56
October 29th, 2015, 04:10 PM

Don't underestimate how poorly the Bobcat defense has played. I hope it is not the case, but right now I don't think we can hold many Big Sky teams to less then 50.

F'N Hawks
October 29th, 2015, 04:17 PM
Don't underestimate how poorly the Bobcat defense has played. I hope it is not the case, but right now I don't think we can hold many Big Sky teams to less then 50.

Don't underestimate how poor our backup QB is. Wait til you see his throwing motion. xholyx

nevadagriz
October 29th, 2015, 04:24 PM
So as messed up as this year has gone so far here are my guesses
und vs msu bad defense vs great young back. santiago gets only 50yds rushing, bobcats D holds sioux to a field goal wins 28-3 Prukop 3 ints
psu vs UM good defense vs great offense(psu) psu should win handily so I say griz win 35-14
Ewu wins another close game in ot 35-38
Nau vs No Co Nau is good at home UNC has been cellar dwellar for years = unc 42-17 over fisty.
Poly vs suu Suu in tie for first and poly out of playoff picture. SUU best defense in conference and poly banged up = Poly 56-13 over suu

Nodak78
October 29th, 2015, 04:43 PM
CP at SUU
UM at PSU
MSU at UND
UNC at NAU
WSU at EWU

This is a homer weekend

tomq04
October 31st, 2015, 07:16 PM
Does that sort of thing (low scoring affairs) exist in Cheney? xsmiley_wix

These are fun predictions

Nodak78
October 31st, 2015, 09:25 PM

Yep. We had to miss an xpxnodx just to keep it at 44~~

JALMOND
October 31st, 2015, 11:58 PM
Halloween. Spooky day, spooky night. Currently, I am at 45-19 and with none of the basement teams playing, these games are all important and difficult. Who's a ghost, who's a pumpkin, maybe all these will come out.

CP at SUU---A great opportunity for the Thunderbirds to finally play someone in the conference and see if they are for real. But some of the luster may be off as the Mustangs cannot get to the benchmark of 7 wins, so how will they play...SUU 35, CP 20.

UM at PSU---A great matchup for Halloween as the mainstay Grizzlies come in to Portland and face the upstart Vikings. The Grizzlies want to claw their way back to the top, yet the Vikings are finding it pretty comfortable there...PSU 35, UM 28.

MSU at UND---The interesting aspect in this game is will the Bobcats finally get a road win this week, after the Dakotans looked really ordinary last week. On paper, the Dakotans shouldn't be able to keep up with the Bobcats, but that defense?...UND 45, MSU 40.

UNC at NAU---The Bears came oh so close last week, coming back only to lose on a last second field goal. The Lumberjacks pretty much put Weber State away early. The Bears will be game here too, but the Lumberjacks should find a way to win...NAU 28, UNC 20.

WSU at EWU---The Wildcats already have one impressive win in a hostile stadium and would love to get a second. The Eagles have looked vulnerable on the road, which means it is probably great that this game is at the Inferno...EWU 48, WSU 24.

This is how you do it...(Montell Jordan voice). xthumbsupx

5-0 this week, 50-19 this season.