PDA

View Full Version : SoCon 1st place 3 way tie?

tenNesseeCat
October 25th, 2015, 05:06 PM
What is the possibility of a three way tie if WCU beats UTC, and they beat the Citadel. After that, they all win out, save the FBS games.

If that happens, we could be looking at three ranked teams in the end. Would they all three make the playoffs?

centennial
October 25th, 2015, 05:15 PM
What is the possibility of a three way tie if WCU beats UTC, and they beat the Citadel. After that, they all win out, save the FBS games.

If that happens, we could be looking at three ranked teams in the end. Would they all three make the playoffs?
All depends on the OOC records, and GPI. 2 of the 3 make it I think.

Milktruck74
October 25th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Nice thought, but the Mocs are going to win out and control their own destiny.

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2015, 06:30 PM
The Citadel is going to whip fannies! :D

ElCid
October 25th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Nice thought, but the Mocs are going to win out and control their own destiny.

Want to bet? xeyebrowx

The Cats
October 25th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Want to bet? xeyebrowx

If Western and The Citadel both beat the Mocs, they're out of consideration for SoCon title, maybe NCAA at large bid?

Mocs123
October 25th, 2015, 09:01 PM
If we lose to both Western and The Citadel, I don't think there is a chance of an at large bid. We are hurt by Austin Peay backing out late and us having to pick up a D2 to replace them with.

IMO, we need to win the autobid to guarantee a spot in the playoffs.
The SoCon isn't a lock to get more than 1 team in this year. Unless something drastic happens, the top 3 are going to be UTC, WCU and El Cid (in no particular order). WCU isn't set up for success since they have one D2 game and two FBS games this year (to go with one FCS loss already). The Citadel is a little better but still has two FBS games and one OOC loss. Plus though I guess the Davidson game is a counter, it isn't going to impress the selection committee much.

The two teams that were most likely to get an autobid would have been Samford or Furman, but they are pretty much out of the equation now.

ElCid
October 25th, 2015, 09:09 PM
If we lose to both Western and The Citadel, I don't think there is a chance of an at large bid. We are hurt by Austin Peay backing out late and us having to pick up a D2 to replace them with.

IMO, we need to win the autobid to guarantee a spot in the playoffs.
The SoCon isn't a lock to get more than 1 team in this year. Unless something drastic happens, the top 3 are going to be UTC, WCU and El Cid (in no particular order). WCU isn't set up for success since they have one D2 game and two FBS games this year (to go with one FCS loss already). The Citadel is a little better but still has two FBS games and one OOC loss. Plus though I guess the Davidson game is a counter, it isn't going to impress the selection committee much.

The two teams that were most likely to get an autobid would have been Samford or Furman, but they are pretty much out of the equation now.

Or maybe WCU wins out including a victory at A&M.xthumbsupx Chatty loses to The Citadel and WCU but beats Mercer and Fla St.xdrunkyx And the Dogs win out against Mercer, VMI, UTC, and USC.xnodx It could happen. We could get 3 bids.:D

tenNesseeCat
October 25th, 2015, 11:36 PM
If you get a three way tie, all three should be ranked, with 7 D1 wins. All with a loss to a ranked FCS opponent. I think three could get in, depending on what happens to the rest of the current top 25 between now and then. WCU would be 1-1 vs top 25 teams. The Citadel and UTC would be 1-2.