PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh @ #11 Fordham GDT

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 11:19 AM
This is the biggest game in the PL to this point. Both defenses are terrible. Fordham seems to have the edge in offensive personnel but not by much, more QB/RB. Lehigh's WR's with Pelletier leading the way are good. Fordham is the favorite but not an overwhelming one due to their defense. Could be one of the more entertaining games of the day...

Lehigh 3-3 (1-0) @ #11 Fordham 6-1 (2-0)

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Lehigh goes right down the field on their opening drive...

Lehigh 7 Fordham 0 11:40 1Q

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Lehigh goes right down the field on their opening drive...

Lehigh 7 Fordham 0 11:40 1Q

Fordham just fell out of my poll. xawesomex

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 12:27 PM
TD Fordham following a Shafnisky INT....

7-7 5;04 1Q

RichH2
October 24th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Underthrown INT. Rams driving.
7-7

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Lehigh fumbles the ball as they're driving into Fordham territory. 3 possessions have resulted in a TD and two turnovers....just terrible...

LUHawker
October 24th, 2015, 12:33 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Shafnisky can't throw a long pass. He "pushes" his throws.

van
October 24th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Shaf under throws and throws behind all too often, does not judge receivers speed well

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 12:37 PM
TD Fordham! Looks like usual Lehigh some good but simply not enough. Too many self inflicted wounds....

14-7 Rams 2:19 1Q

FordhamFan
October 24th, 2015, 12:38 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Shafnisky can't throw a long pass. He "pushes" his throws.

So true, it's pretty bad when he throws further than 15 yards downfield.

Lehigh running the crap out of the ball on offense, but the turnovers have really stifled their early momentum. The Hawks need points here to prevent the floodgates from opening, me thinks

RichH2
October 24th, 2015, 12:38 PM
So we've scored all 4. TDs,smh. Bad cal on F,bad pass by Shaf

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Another underthrown deep ball. LU bailed out on the PI. Should have been a TD...

FordhamFan
October 24th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Huge touchdown there for the Hawks, not sure if he was in bounds but those are much needed points..

Oh! And a block XP! 14-13 Rams

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 12:52 PM
TD Lehigh! But the XP is blocked....

14-13 Rams 13:38 2Q

van
October 24th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Huge touchdown there for the Hawks, not sure if he was in bounds but those are much needed points..

Oh! And a block XP! 14-13 Rams

definitely in bounds on replay very clear

FordhamFan
October 24th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Fordham's D is baaaaaaaaaad

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 01:02 PM
TD Lehigh!! Fordham's defense doesn't even look like they compete. Hawks go for two and get it!

21-14 Lehigh

van
October 24th, 2015, 01:04 PM
and Shaf did not under throw Peletier

RichH2
October 24th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Ram D much worse than LU so far. Hope we cut down mistakes. So far we are cause of all scores

RichH2
October 24th, 2015, 01:07 PM
LU 252 yds Rams 93

CHIP72
October 24th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Lehigh's all-white uniforms (including helmets), while not as bad as those pinstripe monstrosities from L-L 150, are U-G-L-Y.

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Lehigh's all-white uniforms (including helmets), while not as bad as those pinstripe monstrosities from L-L 150, are U-G-L-Y.

Screenshot?

FordhamFan
October 24th, 2015, 01:18 PM

I honestly don't think they're that bad, I kinda dig the white helmets, they just should be wearing brown pants in my opinion

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Shaf leaves the game, Cravens comes in and throws a pick. Lehigh 3 turnovers in the first half. Very hard to overcome a turnover differential like that ....

FordhamFan
October 24th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Fordham's defense has been god awful. That being said, not much different than the last few FU teams.

Below average D that somehow survives on takeaways. Then in the playoffs when they don't get them, they lose

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Lehigh's defense holds Fordham to a FG. This will be an interesting final minute plus for LU. Fordham gets the second half KO.

21-17 Lehigh 1:38 2Q

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Mayes is the QB, not Craven.

CHIP72
October 24th, 2015, 01:31 PM
FWIW, Holy Cross leads Lafayette 28-0 at halftime. The Leopards are really, REALLY bad.

BTW, is anyone else having freeze issues with this game stream? I'm streaming two other games without issues, and was having issues with the Lehigh/Fordham stream even when it was the only game I was streaming.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Mayes is the QB, not Craven.

Good call on Mayes. Shaf looks done. Shame this had to happen with the offense rolling. Playbook probably going to quite small. Defense might have to hold Fordham to under 30 to win.

centennial
October 24th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Lehigh's defense holds Fordham to a FG. This will be an interesting final minute plus for LU. Fordham gets the second half KO.

21-17 Lehigh 1:38 2Q
This is top 15 Fordham?

CHIP72
October 24th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Fordham 2015 = Lehigh 2012. Actually, the current Fordham team might be worse than that Mountain Hawks team.

LUHawker
October 24th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Just tuned in and saw Shaf on the sidelines - what happened? No wait, let me guess, he got injured running the ball, no?

hawkineer
October 24th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Just tuned in and saw Shaf on the sidelines - what happened? No wait, let me guess, he got injured running the ball, no?
Correctomundo

RichH2
October 24th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Shaf looks to be out,no pads on the sidlne. Tough job to get W just became tougher.

RichH2
October 24th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Correctomundo Looks like hip pointer. Small chance he plays. Mayes very good,very raw. Tough for D to hold an entire half.Mayes has to step up. One thing he can hit those long passes. A big arm.

LUHawker
October 24th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Correctomundo
It was only a matter of when, not if.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2015, 01:49 PM

He got hurt on a 2PC. Fordham defender tried to punish him after he crossed the plane, missed, hit his hip. Both the Fordham defender and Shaf were hurt. Didn't look like Shaf was hurt at first. I felt it was a freakish play.

RichH2
October 24th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Shaf back in pads starting.

FordhamFan
October 24th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Chase Edmonds: still very good at football

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 02:12 PM
This feels like it's about to get away from Lehigh. TD here and the Rams defense should be able to tee off on Mayes.....

CHIP72
October 24th, 2015, 02:18 PM
I agree LehighTUOwl, it isn't looking good for the Mountain Hawks right now.

Be thankful however that Lehigh isn't Lafayette this year. (The Leopards are now down 42-0 in the 3rd quarter.)

FordhamFan
October 24th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Anddddd 38-21 Rams...Phewww

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Well Lehigh played a pretty good 30 minutes but this one is over. Just feels like LU lost their energy when Shaf went out. TD Rams....

38-21 Fordham 2:58 3Q

CHIP72
October 24th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Lehigh still with some life after the Fordham turnover. Let's see if the Mountain Hawks can stick the ball in the endzone for a touchdown.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Edmonds is so good. The rest of Fordham's skill guys are no where near as good as the last two years. But Edmonds is ridiculous....

hawkineer
October 24th, 2015, 02:45 PM
The LU olé defense is back this half.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Pick 6 by Fordham. No Shafnisky, no chance. It's been a while since Lehigh gave up 60. 1997 against Colgate?

52-28 12;28 4Q

FordhamFan
October 24th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Should have hammered the over in this one...

Fordham
October 24th, 2015, 03:07 PM
xthumbsdownx

Our D is soooo horrible. So frustrating given how good our O is

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Lehigh scores but fails on the 2 pt attempt.

Fordham 52-42 about 7 minutes left....

Fordham
October 24th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Can't believe how bad our D is. Lehigh playing tough even with a lot of youngsters there.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Lehigh wr drops a sure TD then the FG kicker misses a modest FG. Fordham takes over on downs and will survive....

FordhamFan
October 24th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Fordham just isn't all that good this year, a solid playoff team but nothing more. But as long as we have Edmonds, I'll give us a fighting chance.

Just announced Chase has 327 rushing yards on the day. My lord.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Fordham just isn't all that good this year, a solid playoff team but nothing more. But as long as we have Edmonds, I'll give us a fighting chance.

The drop off at WR is surprising. There's no Wetzel, Jones or Ajala out there. Anderson is solid but he's not at Nebrich's level. Edmonds is simply good enough to do it himself at times...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Edmonds is pretty good... Holy cow. Truth is, though, that Lehigh can't make the number of mistakes they made and still win. I'm amazed they made that many and they still hung around... with Mayes at QB.

CHIP72
October 24th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Even though Lehigh lost, I liked the fact they fought back in the 4th quarter and came very close to making the game a one score game with 2 1/2 minutes left.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Even though Lehigh lost, I liked the fact they fought back in the 4th quarter and came very close to making the game a one score game with 2 1/2 minutes left.

Agree. And I can't emphasize enough that this was all done with Mayes at QB. Had Shaf not gotten injured on what was frankly a bush league play, it might have gone very differently. I'm not upset as much I am frustrated about what could have been with Shaf at 100%.

Lehigh'98
October 24th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Agree. And I can't emphasize enough that this was all done with Mayes at QB. Had Shaf not gotten injured on what was frankly a bush league play, it might have gone very differently. I'm not upset as much I am frustrated about what could have been with Shaf at 100%.

With or without him you can't make as many mistakes as Lehigh did and win. The effort is there, but focus is lacking.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 04:13 PM
With or without him you can't make as many mistakes as Lehigh did and win. The effort is there, but focus is lacking.

I thought it was a lot like the Princeton game.

4-7 to 7-4 seems possible. There is talent but giving up 50+ again is tough.

Lehigh'98
October 24th, 2015, 04:21 PM

Agreed, at this point I think they probably finish 2-2. Beat Georgetown (not a given) and Lafayette (only because of that 157-14 last 4 games thing), lose to Cross and Colgate. 5-6.

Engineer86
October 24th, 2015, 04:23 PM

+1

SingForever
October 24th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Fordham would be "NOTHING" without Edmunds

Fordham
October 24th, 2015, 04:49 PM

Why the quotation marks?

FordhamFan
October 24th, 2015, 06:07 PM

Good thing we have him then, huh? Thru 2017 too :)

ngineer
October 24th, 2015, 06:10 PM
On the bus coming home. What did replays show of brags fumble? Looked to us he was down.
Too may mistakes to win but effort was there. Edmonds will be playing Sundays.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Rich swore he was down.

RichH2
October 24th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Watched play twice tonite. He was down before ball stripped. Worst call was the one on Pelletier.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Edmonds has an unreal way of being able to bounce off/away from contact. But he also did an excellent job finding those holes as well. He's a tremendous player. Lehigh did a great job of making him mad.

RichH2
October 24th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Edmonds has an unreal way of being able to bounce off/away from contact. But he also did an excellent job finding those holes as well. He's a tremendous player. Lehigh did a great job of making him mad.
:)He is phenomenal. I know he is not big but surprised no FBS team offered. He can carry a team to wins.

ngineer
October 24th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Watched play twice tonite. He was down before ball stripped. Worst call was the one on Pelletier.

Yes, that was horrible and was in front of us. The ref closest to the play did nothing. The flag was from across the field. There was also a horrendous block in the back on one of Edmond's long TD runs that helped spring him. It was a very bad crew. Still, our without our turnovers, those calls don't mean much. Except for Edmonds, I saw now difference in talent level between two teams. I don't see the PL representative, whether it is Fordham or anyone else who still has a pulse getting beyond the first round this year. Defense is what wins at that level and no one is doing it very well.

CHIP72
October 24th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Agreed, at this point I think they probably finish 2-2. Beat Georgetown (not a given) and Lafayette (only because of that 157-14 last 4 games thing), lose to Cross and Colgate. 5-6.

I would say wins over Holy Cross and Lafayette and losses to Colgate (who I think will win the Patriot League) and Georgetown. In my mind Holy Cross was the second-worst team in the Patriot League coming into the weekend, but that was disguised because Lafayette is so much worse than everyone else this year.

Southsider
October 24th, 2015, 11:22 PM

I like Shaf's effort, but he still can't make the long throw, period. Constantly short!!! Hope he's OK.

LUHawker
October 25th, 2015, 08:40 AM
I like Shaf's effort, but he still can't make the long throw, period. Constantly short!!! Hope he's OK.
+1
He will likely be fine and will be the QB for the rest of this year, but I think Coen and Folmar should start developing Mayes for next year. This situation is almost exactly like the JB Clark and Lum one from a few years back. Cecchini made the tough call then to out Lum in and that really worked out well. They should be thinking the same thing here.

RichH2
October 25th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Think Mayes is our QB of the future. Funny how so many rate Shaf by one measure."cant make the long throw"and ignore all the things he does do so well.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Think Mayes is our QB of the future. Funny how so many rate Shaf by one measure."cant make the long throw"and ignore all the things he does do so well.

At some point you have to stretch the field. Tom Brady is about the only elite QB I can think of that has a below average deep ball. Lehigh's offense is better with explosive, downfield plays. Shaf is solid but he REALLY struggles with throws over 15 yards.

Until the defense has to defend the third level the offense will never fully take off.

LUHawker
October 25th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Yes, Rich, he is a QUARTERBACK! If he can't make the long throw, then the offense can't stretch the field, which you know helps open up the running game and the underneath stuff. You're right, he does other things well, like run - but then he should be a running back and I'd be fine with that too. To suggest that it is somehow not fair game to evaluate a QB on his ability to throw long is perplexing and oddly unlike your usual balanced-approach here.

Lehigh'98
October 25th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Yes, Rich, he is a QUARTERBACK! If he can't make the long throw, then the offense can't stretch the field, which you know helps open up the running game and the underneath stuff. You're right, he does other things well, like run - but then he should be a running back and I'd be fine with that too. To suggest that it is somehow not fair game to evaluate a QB on his ability to throw long is perplexing and oddly unlike your usual balanced-approach here.

Have to agree here. Also don't like the amount of turnovers he has a hand in.

RichH2
October 25th, 2015, 10:02 AM
:) Yes,Nick is a QB.Am aware of that fact. Also aware that he is a nationally ranked passer. To date,65.5% for 1676 yds. A perfect.one? Nope. Do we have a better one right now? Nope. Brad will be the starter soon enuf. Perhaps even next year.
Too many TOs. Not surprising,he is 90% of our O. Not all are his fault but many are. Yesterday he had 1 TO. Brad had 3.
Brady is a great QB who can throw deep. Brees a great QB who cant.
That ability is a plus but not the only or even the most important measure of a QB. Leadership,correct reads,mobility,accuracy are all important factors.
It is frustrating at times that Nick cant go deep . Pelletier had his man beat,lead him it is a big gain. But he had us winning the game at half.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 25th, 2015, 10:37 AM
My very late recap of the game:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/10/lehigh-gets-chase-d-out-of-bronx-59-42.html

Fordham
October 25th, 2015, 01:22 PM
My very late recap of the game:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/10/lehigh-gets-chase-d-out-of-bronx-59-42.html

even though Fordham RB Chase Edmonds had over 100 yards rushing in the first half. Most of those yards came on one 32 yard run.

Read more at http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/10/lehigh-gets-chase-d-out-of-bronx-59-42.html#sO56qzIhoxHsGTAG.99

xconfusedx

how do you define "most"?

LU808
October 25th, 2015, 02:52 PM
I'd like to see Mayes lined up at QB with Shaf as a combo RB / 2nd QB.

Defending that combo with DOM in the backfield would be very tough.

RichH2
October 25th, 2015, 03:04 PM

That would be a great set to throw at a D :)

World
October 25th, 2015, 03:37 PM

That is essentially what Princeton has done with its top two or three quarterbacks each of the last 3 years