PDA

View Full Version : Who's simulated the semifinal games?

mcveyrl
December 7th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Judging from other posts, I can tell that several people on here play the EA college football game. I was wondering who all has played the semifinal games and what the results are (I know that SOMEBODY has played these games!) I thought it would be interesting to see the outcomes from different fans, since I'm sure they will be accurate representations of the real outcomes. :smiley_wi xlolx

Me and a buddy of mine (also a JMU alum) played the UMass/Montana game last night on the most recent edition of the EA College Football game. 4 minute quarters. I was the Griz, he was UMass. First of all, Steve Baylark was held to under 10 yards rushing (I will have to admit that he's not as knowledgable about the FCS so he probably didn't use him that well). This is a sure fire thing to happen during the real game.:smiley_wi

Umass was leading 21-7 at halftime (No. 2 for Montana kept dropping pass after pass. I mean, hitting him in the hands and he could NOT hold on to the ball.)

BUT, the Montana defense showed up in the second half and shut UMass down. Special teams also forced a fumble on a kick return after it was 21-14.

Montana scored a touchdown with about 30 seconds left to win 28-21. Write it down. These things are NEVER wrong people.

GoGuins
December 7th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Someone on the YSU board simulated YSU-ASU...I like the results!

http://www.ysupenguins.com/cgi-bin/ib3new/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=3634;st=10

December 7th, 2006, 10:47 AM
YSUmike posted it:

Suprised never seen this on here before...we're all crazy folk with sims and all..
Made Happy Appy option team and YSU smashmouth...

at the half:
YSU 7
App 7

Totally straight up PS2 game...
YSU 14
Happy Appy 13

Last second TD by the Penguins win it.....totally PS2 simulated....

CoastalFan2005
December 7th, 2006, 10:53 AM
So, I helped simulate Super Bowl 38 before it happened, and the Panthers beat the Patriots by ten points in that simulation. Oops.

We can say that these things are never wrong, but I'll believe it when I see it. Football is played on the field, not on a PlayStation. :twocents:

DinoDex200
December 7th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Someone on the YSU board simulated YSU-ASU...I like the results!

http://www.ysupenguins.com/cgi-bin/ib3new/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=3634;st=10

Considering ASU has the same rosters and ratings as their 6-5 season of 2004, I can't say I'm putting too much weight on this. :D

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 7th, 2006, 11:59 AM
So, I helped simulate Super Bowl 38 before it happened, and the Panthers beat the Patriots by ten points in that simulation. Oops.

We can say that these things are never wrong, but I'll believe it when I see it. Football is played on the field, not on a PlayStation. :twocents:

EA sports did a TERRIBLE job of creating the CS rosters for their games. For instance, the worst FBS teams have higher ratings than the best FCS(which everyone who follows CS football or at least lower level IA football knows is nonsense) and of course DJ Shockley (Georgia's Sugar Bowl QB from last year) has a higher speed rating than GSU's Jayson Foster (who has a speed rating that makes him slower than about half the QBs in division I:rolleyes:). In fact the only FCS star that I think got a fair shake from the EASports crew was North Carolina A&T's Maurice Hicks.

I would rely more on a program created by people knowledgeable of FCS. I remember someone using the Techmo Super Bowl FCS edition that Black and Gold Express created to simulate the 2001 national championship between Furman and Montana and Montana consistantly won by a touchdown or so. I'm not saying that video games are a good indicator, but I'll say this much...I think letting the AI on playstation decide who plays in the FBS national championship would be more fair than the system they have todayxlolx !!

SpreadtheRed
December 7th, 2006, 12:29 PM
If you really look at the ratings that they give the players, virtually all of the FCS teams are Equal, literally. Laurent Robinson for ILSU has the same ratings as the other "top recievers" on basically every team, which in all actuality, is basically false, and im not being partial here, but Rascati, and Mason also have almost identical stats as all the other top QBs and RBs in the game. I Know JMU and ISU are out this weekend, but im still using them as an example, just for the stats of the big name players I looked at.

Peems
December 7th, 2006, 12:36 PM
i think murrietta is the highest rated player.

I myself played the UMass v. UM game. however, i went through the painstaking details of making my roster up to date and making the players skills better. needless to say Umass didnt score and the griz machine put up well over 70 points. if that happens tomorrow, im simming every griz game.

Happy Penguin
December 7th, 2006, 12:50 PM

I myself played the UMass v. UM game. however, i went through the painstaking details of making my roster up to date and making the players skills better. needless to say Umass didnt score and the griz machine put up well over 70 points. if that happens tomorrow, im simming every griz game.

Geez did you do anything for UMass' roster? Time to adjust some sliders or something.

ncguitarplyr
December 7th, 2006, 12:50 PM
if i get could my xbox live to work id challenge some people on here...im better at madden and more used to the playbook but every saturday before the game and im waiting for everyone else to get ready i always simulate the game

Peems
December 7th, 2006, 12:56 PM
if i get could my xbox live to work id challenge some people on here...im better at madden and more used to the playbook but every saturday before the game and im waiting for everyone else to get ready i always simulate the game

get your live working, my account is...you guessed it Peems.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 7th, 2006, 12:58 PM

What did you do to Montana's O?

Peems
December 7th, 2006, 01:06 PM
What did you do to Montana's O?

i renamed every player and gave them their exact weight height etc. since they were the old rosters. and then i made the players ratings higher since they were not good enough. my best player was rated 99(hilliard) every one else was around the low 90s 80s and 70s. i did not change anything on UMass which led to the total massacre and also the fact that i am silly good at NCAA.

LehighFan11
December 7th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Ncaa 07 by ea needs to work on getting schools like LEHIGH in their game and have correct rosters. Im sure a hand ful of guys could figure out names and ratings in a week or two.

mcveyrl
December 7th, 2006, 01:46 PM

I was kidding. I'm of the mindset that those things are rarely right. Particularly given the roster issues cited on this thread.