What? Harvard in the top ten?

xeyebrowxxcoffeex

xlolx

*sarcasm*

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2015, 01:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqFZZEhI6Bo

Prepared for slaughter :)

I don't have any audio, but I wish I could hear an explanation of Fordham at #6. It wouldn't be a poll thread without me questioning Fordham being over rated, but 6 is the highest I've seen yet.

Mayville Bison
October 20th, 2015, 01:31 PM
With the exception of the Ivies, everything is ranked the following for teams 1-19
tier 1 - 0 loss teams
tier 2 - 1 loss teams
tier 3 - 2 loss teams

Maybe it's time for YSU to join the CAA, ISUs and SIU to join the OVC, and the MVFC and BSC distribute power teams amongst themselves and a third made up conference (Great West) so everyone can play a patty-cake schedule.

I'm by no means saying record shouldn't be looked at, but Fordham ahead of ISUr??? McNeese ahead of ISUr, JSU, and CCU?

I should say that I didn't listen to the video, so maybe they explained those in the video.

FootballCEO
October 20th, 2015, 01:32 PM
A lot of good points being made about 2 loss teams...but to be honest, a lot of these squads (0-2 losses) don't pass the 'eye test'. Richmond is one of them IMO

Jackal
October 20th, 2015, 01:37 PM
I don't have any audio, but I wish I could hear an explanation of Fordham at #6. It wouldn't be a poll thread without me questioning Fordham being over rated, but 6 is the highest I've seen yet.
They are well coached, fun to watch, and have a RB that should get some Heisman consideration.

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2015, 01:47 PM
They are well coached, fun to watch, and have a RB that should get some Heisman consideration.

You're thinking of LSU

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2015, 01:49 PM
A lot of good points being made about 2 loss teams...but to be honest, a lot of these squads (0-2 losses) don't pass the 'eye test'. Richmond is one of them IMO

Fordham doesn't pass the eye test. Unless squeaking by Holy Cross impresses you.

FootballCEO
October 20th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Fordham doesn't pass the eye test. Unless squeaking by Holy Cross impresses you.

I actually think Holy Cross is a good team. They are very good up front. Surprised at it took them so long to work their passing game. They'll be in the PL race next season. Young team that's getting better

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2015, 02:05 PM
I actually think Holy Cross is a good team. They are very good up front. Surprised at it took them so long to work their passing game. They'll be in the PL race next season. Young team that's getting better

Last season Fordham folded every time they faced real competition.

Villanova:6-50
Army: 31-42
UNH: 19-44

Hell, Bucknell took them to OT.

What have they done to indicate they area Top 10 team in 2015?

They beat a terrible Army team by 2 to start the season. (The same Army team that almost got beat by Bucknell this past weekend) This win got them in the polls, or moved them up a bit because it was an FBS win.

Next up they lost to Villanova which everyone expected. They kept it close so no one really dropped them in the polls much.

Then they posted double digit wins over Columbia, Monmouth, and Lafayette. That's what a Top 25 team should do. Nothing impressive.

Questions should have been raised when they struggled to put away 2-3 Penn, eventually winning by 3.

Then they went to OT with 2-4 Holy Cross, who is not a good team, and regardless of whether or not they will be in PL race next year, they are not good now.

I have yet to have anyone explain to me what makes Fordham a Top 10 team. At least Harvard is undefeated so there's that excuse.

This isn't just aimed towards you, but anyone who has Fordham in the Top 10-15.

Jackal
October 20th, 2015, 02:11 PM
You're thinking of LSU
I'm just repeating what Hunt said about Fordham. You had no sound.........

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2015, 02:16 PM

Oh, I thought you were being sarcastic.

McNeese75
October 20th, 2015, 02:18 PM
I don't think the McNeese fans will like it, not one bit
:D
He is a ULL alum, we would expect nothing less from him or consider it seriously anyway :cool:

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

FootballCEO
October 20th, 2015, 02:34 PM
He is a ULL alum, we would expect nothing less from him or consider it seriously anyway :cool:

?

McNeese72
October 20th, 2015, 02:46 PM
I don't think the McNeese fans will like it, not one bit
:D

Way too high with our offense that is sputtering!!!

But Emory is a USL/ULL/Uwhatever the L guy, so there. I'm an old fart that remembers the old USL/McNeese rivalry so I have to give USL guys a hard time, Emory. No real offense intended, which is just like the McNeese offense.

Doc

FootballCEO
October 20th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Way too high with our offense that is sputtering!!!

But Emory is a USL/ULL/Uwhatever the L guy, so there. I'm an old fart that remembers the old USL/McNeese rivalry so I have to give USL guys a hard time, Emory. No real offense intended, which is just like the McNeese offense.

Doc

Good luck this week!

McNeese72
October 20th, 2015, 04:17 PM
Good luck this week!

Thanks. We might need it. I don't trust those Demons. We might need a lot of luck to get through these last 4 conference games.

If you are ever down in Cowboy Country, let us know.

Doc

Bisonator
October 20th, 2015, 04:18 PM
This is definitely not your finest work Em. xchinscratchx

Thumper 76
October 20th, 2015, 04:30 PM
It's definitely different than most....

McNeese72
October 20th, 2015, 04:45 PM
This is definitely not your finest work Em. xchinscratchx

Yes, we barely deserve to be rated much less that high with our lack of O.

Doc

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Yes, we barely deserve to be rated much less that high with our lack of O.

Doc

1. McNeese St
2. Fordham
3. Harvard
4. Dartmouth
5. Holy Cross
6. Army
7. Bucknell
8. James Madison
9. Hampton
10. Boston

McNeese75
October 20th, 2015, 05:05 PM
1. McNeese St
2. Fordham
3. Harvard
4. Dartmouth
5. Holy Cross
6. Army
7. Bucknell
8. James Madison
9. Hampton
10. Boston

You forgot UNI at #1

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2015, 05:17 PM
You forgot UNI at #1

This poll assumes UNI and Dayton will play for the Super Bowl.

McNeese75
October 20th, 2015, 05:21 PM
LOL

FootballCEO
October 20th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Tough that UNI lost those 3 straight games, otherwise, they'd definitely be in

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Tough that UNI lost those 3 straight games, otherwise, they'd definitely be in

UNI's season is over, so I don't care if or where they are ranked. Still curious on a response to my posts about Fordham when you have time. :D

cardiaccowboy
October 20th, 2015, 07:56 PM
McNeese is too darn high. We haven't played anyone yet.

FootballCEO
October 20th, 2015, 07:56 PM

Having seen them twice, live this season, they do pass the eye test...otherwise, I personally wouldn't rank them high

McNeese72
October 20th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Having seen them twice, live this season, they do pass the eye test...otherwise, I personally wouldn't rank them high

You haven't seen McNeese, have you? So, why so high????

Doc

FootballCEO
October 20th, 2015, 08:02 PM
You haven't seen McNeese, have you? So, why so high????

Doc

Not live but on film. They do a lot of the little things really well. They in a sense remind me of LSU in the way that their defense is good & you can see their offense gaining confidence each week. IMO they match up very well against the majority of the field this year in the FCS

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 20th, 2015, 08:12 PM

Which of our games did you watch?

FootballCEO
October 20th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Which of our games did you watch?

Hampton & Elon

MacThor
October 20th, 2015, 08:33 PM
Hampton we played like hot garbage and allowed the MEAC...ahem, "officiating"...to distract us too much.
The Elon game wasn't that close, it was 27-0 until they scored two TDs against the backups.
Lauletta is getting better every week and he's got two stud WR's to target.

However, any UR fan should concede that our strength of schedule is ridiculously back-loaded this year. A 6-5 record after a 5-1 start is not out of the question.

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2015, 08:36 PM

In response to all the data I provided, the only response you have is "the eye test". I haven't watched them since the two games in the 2014 playoffs, but I'm guessing 2015 is a repeat. They may beat a weak team in the first round and if they are that lucky they get bounced in the second round. That doesn't sound like the #6 team in the country.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 20th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Hampton & Elon

Thanks. I can understand the sentiment. My "glass half full" response is that we overcame some horrific early officiating at Hampton and that the Pirates appear poised to contend for the MEAC. Our offense was pretty vanilla against Elon but we pitched a shutout until backups got in during the 4th.

Because of how the schedule has lined up, it's pretty damn tough to tell what we have and we're 6 games in. Sans our terrible punt coverage at Maryland, I liked what I saw in the opener. Unfortunately, it was hard to separate the punt coverage from everything else that was a positive.

It will be good to finally figure out what we have Saturday.

All this said, I think William and Mary has shown more than us so far and should be ranked higher at this point. I don't have a good sense of some others around us.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 20th, 2015, 08:41 PM
However, any UR fan should concede that our strength of schedule is ridiculously back-loaded this year. A 6-5 record after a 5-1 start is not out of the question.

Definitely agree but believe we find a way to win 3 of the last 5, with Saturday being the least likely in the W column.

Redbird 13
October 20th, 2015, 09:53 PM
It amazes me how much little respect Illinois State gets.

This poll made me laugh out loud as much as I did when I saw live comedy last weekend.

URMite
October 21st, 2015, 10:09 AM
Hampton we played like hot garbage and allowed the MEAC...ahem, "officiating"...to distract us too much.
The Elon game wasn't that close, it was 27-0 until they scored two TDs against the backups.
Lauletta is getting better every week and he's got two stud WR's to target.

Before the season started I expect the predictions to be:
a 21 pt underdog to MD
3 fourteen point favorites, 7 pt vs Maine
a 10 pt underdog to JMU,UNH, Nova, and W&M
with a 14pt favorite in between.

5 likely losses, 5 likely wins and Maine.

With so few evenly matched games, it has been difficult to get away from .500.
Although I think we have played well enough for some of the later games to be more of a 3-4 pt game. Even if our 3rd string can't close out games. so anything from 6-9 wins this season wouldn't surprise me.

FormerPokeCenter
October 21st, 2015, 12:02 PM
Not live but on film. They do a lot of the little things really well. They in a sense remind me of LSU in the way that their defense is good & you can see their offense gaining confidence each week. IMO they match up very well against the majority of the field this year in the FCS

i can see how we might remind you of an Anthony Jennings LSU...but not a Brandon Harris / Leonard Fournette LSU....

I still think you've got us this high so you can enjoy the inevitable fall from grace later on down the road! Schadenfreude, I think they call it! ; )

ursus arctos horribilis
October 21st, 2015, 12:12 PM
i can see how we might remind you of an Anthony Jennings LSU...but not a Brandon Harris / Leonard Fournette LSU....

I still think you've got us this high so you can enjoy the inevitable fall from grace later on down the road! Schadenfreude, I think they call it! ; )

What you McNeese guys don't seem to understand is that Emory was there after the rivalry years you know of and it means very little, if anything, to him. You are experiencing a one sided affair that I have never once seen him take any part in no matter how much you guys disrespect him over his school. xlolx

Trust me McNeese boys, it's you, not him. It's all fun and so forth as rivalries should be. I know that, but he is not taking part and actually does believe in you guys no matter how tough that is for you to handle.

McNeese75
October 21st, 2015, 02:17 PM
What you McNeese guys don't seem to understand is that Emory was there after the rivalry years you know of and it means very little, if anything, to him. You are experiencing a one sided affair that I have never once seen him take any part in no matter how much you guys disrespect him over his school. xlolx

Trust me McNeese boys, it's you, not him. It's all fun and so forth as rivalries should be. I know that, but he is not taking part and actually does believe in you guys no matter how tough that is for you to handle.

You're no ****ing fun xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 21st, 2015, 02:31 PM
You're no ****ing fun xlolx

I'm a little bit of fun.:D

BEAR
October 21st, 2015, 04:19 PM
McNeese is one of those puzzling teams.

They have a really really good run defense.
Average pass defense.
Offense that takes advantage of situations but doesn't really create them.

I witnessed two even teams in our game. One took advantage of the other's mistakes and THAT will make all the difference in the playoffs IMO.

FormerPokeCenter
October 21st, 2015, 07:34 PM
I'm a little bit of fun.:D

Are you?

PantherRob82
October 21st, 2015, 07:47 PM
LSU is lucky they cancelled the game. McNeese is by far the most dominant FCS team we have seen in years. :D

McNeese75
October 21st, 2015, 08:06 PM
LSU is lucky they cancelled the game. McNeese is by far the most dominant FCS team we have seen in years. :D

Dammit, Rob, don't be putting that Gris Gris on our ass xeyebrowx

centennial
October 21st, 2015, 08:26 PM
This was a video to troll everyone. We'll see what teams are worth these rankings come playoffs.

McNeese72
October 21st, 2015, 10:03 PM
When are you guys going to realize that we suck and shouldn't be ranked very high if even ranked at all? As someone said a couple of weeks ago, we haven't played anybody good, yet.

Doc

katstrapper
October 22nd, 2015, 07:52 AM
Sam Houston State is quietly sneaking into position to take the SLC crown again. Offense is clicking on all cylinders and the defense has stepped up its game after getting off to a horrid start. Game in Lake Charles will be interesting.

McNeese75
October 22nd, 2015, 09:15 AM
Sam Houston State is quietly sneaking into position to take the SLC crown again. Offense is clicking on all cylinders and the defense has stepped up its game after getting off to a horrid start. Game in Lake Charles will be interesting.

Yep, we surrender xnodx

eiu1999
October 22nd, 2015, 09:44 AM
When are you guys going to realize that we suck and shouldn't be ranked very high if even ranked at all? As someone said a couple of weeks ago, we haven't played anybody good, yet.

Doc

McNeese deserves top 25 consideration.

McNeese72
October 22nd, 2015, 10:53 AM
Yep, we surrender xnodx

Yep, no chance at all.

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
October 22nd, 2015, 02:21 PM
McNeese deserves top 25 consideration.

That's reasonable....

jsualumnus
October 22nd, 2015, 09:46 PM
Jax State at #4, meh... I agree McNeese is doing good things this year, but not #2 worthy at the mid-point...

Loyl2u
October 23rd, 2015, 03:22 AM
Jax State at #4, meh... I agree McNeese is doing good things this year, but not #2 worthy at the mid-point...
This is like ranking 7-0 Temple(ranked 24) of American Conference in your FBS top 5. Strength of schedule has to play a part. Sorry but neither Jax State or McNeese deserved to be this high.

McNeese75
October 23rd, 2015, 08:38 AM
This is like ranking 7-0 Temple(ranked 24) of American Conference in your FBS top 5. Strength of schedule has to play a part. Sorry but neither Jax State or McNeese deserved to be this high.

Seems you are preaching to the choir.

Red & Black
October 24th, 2015, 10:22 AM
EWU is 4-2, not 3-2.