Bye: COLGATE

bonarae
October 17th, 2015, 11:31 PM
Georgetown
Holy Cross
Fordham

ngineer
October 17th, 2015, 11:52 PM
Bucknell showed a lot of fight against Army and hung in in Michie. I thought it would be semi-blowout. Hoyas licking wounds. I sense a let down after coming up short against Colgate. Going with Bison, 23-21.

Pards are a mess and Cross coming off an oh-so close loss the the supposed king pin. Crusaders showing fire power. Leotards showing no leg. Holy Cross 38-9.

With a week to heal and realize that this might just be doable, Lehigh has a real shot in Bronx (of course doesn't everyone in the Bronx have a shot?). Rams showing vulnerability in recent close wins giving up a lot of points. Call me a homer, but I believe Lehigh will find a way to pull this out, 38-35.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2015, 12:11 AM
I'll be driving back from North Carolina on Friday. If I have the energy and can avoid work (good chance) I might do the Temple/Lehigh football double. Two monster games for both teams this week! Although, I'm worried that if I go to the Bronx I'll be 3 for 3 seeing Lehigh give up half-a-hundred in defeat....xembarrassedxGranted, Temple may very well lose their game. Vegas likely will have ECU as the favorite.

I haven't seen Temple win in person since 2010 (Villanova), Lehigh 2012 (Lafayette)....

All three games have some level of intrigue imo. The Bison-Gate game is real interesting. Colgate can move to 3-0 in the league with a win....xrotatehx

Ivytalk
October 18th, 2015, 06:39 AM
Bucknell
Holy Cross
Fordham in a squeaker

CFBfan
October 18th, 2015, 07:14 AM
All three games have some level of intrigue imo. The Bison-Gate game is real interesting. Colgate can move to 3-0 in the league with a win....xrotatehx[/QUOTE]

Colgate has a bye week not BU and the FU up next

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2015, 07:40 AM
All three games have some level of intrigue imo. The Bison-Gate game is real interesting. Colgate can move to 3-0 in the league with a win....xrotatehx

Colgate has a bye week not BU and the FU up next[/QUOTE]

You're right. It was late and i read ngineer's post wrong...

carney2
October 18th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Oops, forgot to nominate a Game of the Week, so

Georgetown at Bucknell because it's the only one of the three that has a reasonable probability of being competitive.

carney2
October 18th, 2015, 08:56 AM
GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL - The Hoyas provide some hope for the downtrodden. Despite preseason predictions, Bucky still looks like basketball's weak sister. Taking scholarships over no scholarships I guess.

LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS - The Pards have been described as road kill. At least you can eat road kill (some do, I'm told). The Crossers won't feast. They'll just keep squashing the corpse into the turf.

LEHIGH @ FORDHAM - The Flush Puppies won a game and many in Squawkville are waving their "we're back" banner. Not so. It's still Shafnisky and no D.

van
October 18th, 2015, 09:04 AM
GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL - can the Hoyas score enough against the Buffs D, probably not but should be a close game with home team having the edge

LAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS - Pards a MASH unit. Crossers at home should have their way with the Leopards.

LEHIGH @ FORDHAM - Engineers could win if they play a complete and clean game, unfortunately have not done that all year so in spite of bye week to get ready gotta give a nod to Rams at home, hope I am wrong.

26-15 on the year

van
October 18th, 2015, 09:05 AM
seem like easy picks this week, but AGS ...

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL - can the Hoyas score enough against the Buffs D, probably not but should be a close game with home team having the edge

LAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS - Pards a MASH unit. Crossers at home should have their way with the Leopards.

LEHIGH @ FORDHAM - Engineers could win if they play a complete and clean game, unfortunately have not done that all year so in spite of bye week to get ready gotta give a nod to Rams at home, hope I am wrong.

26-15 on the year

Pard4Life
October 18th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I do believe Fordham is vulnerable. If LC had any semblance of offense, we could have been up 14-0 on the Rams. Don't think Lehigh can get it done though. However, it will be a good benchmark game of how good/competitive/determined Lehigh is... if Lehigh is within 14pts and plays competitive throughout, you can kiss 151 goodbye as a competitive game.

- - - Updated - - -

You really have to wonder how much Frank's health is impacting his ability to coach...

the last indian
October 18th, 2015, 11:53 AM
ngineer, you are very clearly a homer.

Gater
October 18th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Here's an argument for an ngineer's/homer's hope:

Fordham 6-1
None of the teams Fordham has played has a winning record.

Lehigh 3-3
Lehigh’s three loses are to teams with a combined record of 13 and 2.

The Boogie Down
October 18th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Here's an argument for an ngineer's/homer's hope:

Fordham 6-1
None of the teams Fordham has played has a winning record.

Lehigh 3-3
Lehigh’s three loses are to teams with a combined record of 13 and 2.

Glad you pointed this out. Lehigh was such a no show for 150 and Lafayette has been so bad since 150 that I think many are just assuming Lehigh sucks too. Off a bye, and with Fordham's D on a two week bye, this could be tough.

BucBisonAtLarge
October 18th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Bucknell- If Carter can stay off the disciplinary bench, maybe Nitti and he can begin to find a rhythm. The offense needs a few gears, not just Del Mauro and.. whatever. The Army loss was still a step forward.
Holy Cross- Lafayette needs a bye week
Lehigh- Hawks win this one and they have the inside track to the autobid. A week of rest and extra prep...

Gater
October 18th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Also, I messed that up. Lehigh's opponents are 15-2.

Sader87
October 18th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Fordham is good....they aren't that good though imo....6-1 is somewhat deceiving. Edmonds is a great back and Anderson looks like a very good QB but imo they are a shadow of the last couple years Rams squads.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda...but HC probably should have won yesterday's tilt....but we always find a way to lose don't we????

Gangtackle11
October 18th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Bucknell
Fordham
Holy Cross

Last Week: 4-0
Season: 32-8

Go...gate
October 18th, 2015, 05:26 PM
What kind of a season is Bye having? :)

RichH2
October 18th, 2015, 05:46 PM
What kind of a season is Bye having? :)
:) but somebody gonna shock them. I see a trap Bye coming.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2015, 06:57 PM
So is it true Goodman Stadium is getting a new press box and the old one will be converted to suites? If so, that's a pretty major addition/facility upgrade! That would make Goodman the first stadium in the PL with suites? Now they need to spruce up the locker rooms!

Go...gate
October 18th, 2015, 06:59 PM
So is it true Goodman Stadium is getting a new press box and the old one will be converted to suites? If so, that's a pretty major addition/facility upgrade! That would make Goodman the first stadium in the PL with suites? Now they need to spruce up the locker rooms!

Luxury suites at Goodman?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2015, 07:00 PM

According to the Lehigh board it sounds legit. They will be building a new structure on top of the East stands to house media and coaches.....

PAllen
October 18th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Home teams, and it won't be close for any of them.

PAllen
October 18th, 2015, 10:02 PM
According to the Lehigh board it sounds legit. They will be building a new structure on top of the East stands to house media and coaches.....

I call BS. You're not going to have media, coaches, and cameras facing directly into the afternoon sun in October and November.

RichH2
October 18th, 2015, 10:47 PM
I call BS. You're not going to have media, coaches, and cameras facing directly into the afternoon sun in October and November.
Nope,that"s the plan. Perhaps ,Raybans go along with a press pass. :)

ngineer
October 18th, 2015, 10:51 PM
Nope,that"s the plan. Perhaps ,Raybans go along with a press pass. :)

Or very heavily tinted glass...and bullet proof (;-).

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Or very heavily tinted glass...and bullet proof (;-).

There's numerous places that have west facing press boxes/suites. Beaver Stadium comes to mind....

Lights would really eliminate the sun issue....xrotatehx...just kidding....

Seriously, if true, this is a bigger deal than some believe imo. It will really change the appearance and feel of Goodman.

LeopardBall10
October 19th, 2015, 07:38 AM
You really have to wonder how much Frank's health is impacting his ability to coach...

You must first start with the assumption that Frank "coaches". He may still meet with alums and donors, and he may still have the corner office but he has not imparted meaningful football knowledge to a player in quite some time now.

DFW HOYA
October 19th, 2015, 08:53 AM
You must first start with the assumption that Frank "coaches". He may still meet with alums and donors, and he may still have the corner office but he has not imparted meaningful football knowledge to a player in quite some time now.

Lafayette people like to kick Frank Tavani around, but they'll miss him when the next coach struggles even further.

carney2
October 19th, 2015, 09:07 AM

It may affect his ability/desire to continue, but the coaching looks the same. Where, for instance, was the "drastic action" he threatened after the Georgetown debacle? And, The Frankosaurus is always walking the sidelines. For instance,

2:43 to go in the 1st half, down 14-0. You are being manhandled and outmanned up and down the field by a team that is predicted - and ultimately will - blow your doors off, but your defense has somehow played up to the competition and is giving you some hope. They have just stuffed the Johns for a 1 yd. loss on 4th and 1 at the Lafayette 14 and you've taken over on downs.

You have the worst rushing offense in FCS and your offensive line is non-existent, but you pull out your Bible, The Leather Helmet Play Book, which says in bold letters, "Don't get fancy in the shadow of your own goal post." Two smashes into Harvard's senior laden defense get you nothing more than a bloody nose. You are, in effect, setting up a punt.

Cutting to the chase: Harvard converts the punt into a score with 22 sec. to go. Harvard 21, Lafayette 0. Game over.

This wasn't a "turning point." That actually occurred at the coin toss. But is was stupid and oh so predictable for The Frankosaurus.

carney2
October 19th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Lafayette people like to kick Frank Tavani around, but they'll miss him when the next coach struggles even further.

Probably true. I have come late to the conclusion that the problems at Lafayette are systemic* and not capable of any quick fixes such as a coaching change. Besides,

1. Who, with quality options, would choose to immerse himself in that sewer?

and

2. The people in charge of the hiring decision are, in my opinion, almost guaranteed to botch it. That's who they are. That's what they do.

*Since 1950 Lafayette has never been able to string together more than three (3 !!) winning seasons in a row. That takes some doing. No one is that unlucky.

eiu1999
October 19th, 2015, 09:16 AM
GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL
LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2015, 09:19 AM
It may affect his ability/desire to continue, but the coaching looks the same. Where, for instance, was the "drastic action" he threatened after the Georgetown debacle? And, The Frankosaurus is always walking the sidelines. For instance,

2:43 to go in the 1st half, down 14-0. You are being manhandled and outmanned up and down the field by a team that is predicted - and ultimately will - blow your doors off, but your defense has somehow played up to the competition and is giving you some hope. They have just stuffed the Johns for a 1 yd. loss on 4th and 1 at the Lafayette 14 and you've taken over on downs.

You have the worst rushing offense in FCS and your offensive line is non-existent, but you pull out your Bible, The Leather Helmet Play Book, which says in bold letters, "Don't get fancy in the shadow of your own goal post." Two smashes into Harvard's senior laden defense get you nothing more than a bloody nose. You are, in effect, setting up a punt.

Cutting to the chase: Harvard converts the punt into a score with 22 sec. to go. Harvard 21, Lafayette 0. Game over.

This wasn't a "turning point." That actually occurred at the coin toss. But is was stupid and oh so predictable for The Frankosaurus.

Was the freshman C injured at this point? That's a critical question. He might have been running into the line with a guy at center that was on the scout team to start the year.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2015, 09:29 AM
There's numerous places that have west facing press boxes/suites. Beaver Stadium comes to mind....

Lights would really eliminate the sun issue....xrotatehx...just kidding....

Seriously, if true, this is a bigger deal than some believe imo. It will really change the appearance and feel of Goodman.

My understanding is that this is in the preliminary stages at the moment, not something that's coming by 151 or anything like that. But they're looking into how it could be done. It could also be a part of the way to make the stadium better able to support the Philadelphia Union USL franchise that is coming next spring.

I like the idea of a press box on that side. Something to chew on as well, and I have zero idea how this might work, but... perhaps, if your making a box on the opposite side, you could buttress out something to cover a part of the stands?

This is more of a concept than anything but maybe something like this:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49043000/jpg/_49043302_easter_road_466i_sns.jpg

You know what would be perfect on that side of Goodman? Solar panels :)

carney2
October 19th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Was the freshman C injured at this point? That's a critical question. He might have been running into the line with a guy at center that was on the scout team to start the year.

Cannot answer that, but I do not believe it made any difference. Look at the rest of that o-line. Combine a Pro Bowl center with the rest of those guys and they couldn't move a bag of marshmallows with a bulldozer. One guy on the Lafayette board keeps hammering on the "fact" that they're quality kids and they try so hard. Possibly/probably true, but they are simply not up to the task. Anyone and everyone who might be able to make a difference in the o-line is patrolling the sideline on crutches. I don't see any of them coming back on a onesy-twosy basis week to week, so I'm beginning to fear that what you see is what you get until next year.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2015, 09:50 AM
A random thought I'll post here. It is a crying shame that the PL isn't stronger right now because as things look right now the NEC is a 1-bid conference, the CAA looks like they could get in at most two at-large bids, and the Ivy League of course opts out of the playoffs. Unless someone deposes of Fordham, nobody else in the conference has the resume to qualify as an at-large, and that's a shame because the FCS landscape hasn't looked this optimistic for a Patriot League at-large in decades.

Put it this way. This year, 2012 Lehigh, at 10-1, would have made it to the playoffs in every bracketology.

Franks Tanks
October 19th, 2015, 10:04 AM
A random thought I'll post here. It is a crying shame that the PL isn't stronger right now because as things look right now the NEC is a 1-bid conference, the CAA looks like they could get in at most two at-large bids, and the Ivy League of course opts out of the playoffs. Unless someone deposes of Fordham, nobody else in the conference has the resume to qualify as an at-large, and that's a shame because the FCS landscape hasn't looked this optimistic for a Patriot League at-large in decades.

Put it this way. This year, 2012 Lehigh, at 10-1, would have made it to the playoffs in every bracketology.

We had an at large PL team in 2013.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2015, 10:09 AM
We had an at large PL team in 2013.

Sort of. Fordham was not eligible for the autobid that season.

Franks Tanks
October 19th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Sort of. Fordham was not eligible for the autobid that season.

But Lafayette would've still received the autobid even if Fordham were eligible.

2ram
October 19th, 2015, 10:54 AM

you'll still need binoculars and a radio to see/hear the game... unless the pick the superstructure up and actually move it within viewing distance of the field :)

Go...gate
October 19th, 2015, 03:16 PM

I agree.

carney2
October 19th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Lafayette injury update from the Allentown Mourning Crawl:

"At last count 11 players, including five starters and one who was on verge of becoming a starter, have suffered season-ending injuries."

"As Lafayette gets ready to face Holy Cross on Saturday in Worcester, Mass., Tavani has another list of 11 players who are either out or doubtful. 'And doubtful means they won't be cleared until maybe Friday, so they miss practice all week,' he added."

World
October 19th, 2015, 06:25 PM
GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL
LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM - the game will end in a tie as severe thunderstorms stop any play in the 4th overtime of play.

RichH2
October 19th, 2015, 07:16 PM
GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL
LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM - the game will end in a tie as severe thunderstorms stop any play in the 4th overtime of play.
And the total score will be in the triple digits.
:)

PAllen
October 19th, 2015, 07:48 PM

I like it. Won't happen, but I like it.

ngineer
October 19th, 2015, 11:39 PM

And you would know that having been in the field house during skull sessions or on the practice field to make that judgment?

Southsider
October 20th, 2015, 06:02 AM
Couple tidbits. Saw today in Morning call that on Oct 21, 2000, 16,906 showed up at Goodman for Bucknell game. Wow, miss those days! Also, while watching Eagles last night Gruden spoke as to why Demarco Murray has been ineffective this year. He pointed out that when the QB is standing next to you in the backfield, and you are handed the ball from a standing still position, it's pretty tough to make get anything positive from it, especially when you run parallel to the LOS. Sound familiar?? Folmar, PLEASE put Shaf under center with the backs in an I. So many good things can happen!!!!

LeopardBall10
October 20th, 2015, 07:27 AM
[/B]And you would know that having been in the field house during skull sessions or on the practice field to make that judgment?

Yes, I have. Sat through too many recent Team Meetings, too many on the field practices, too many film sessions and I can't take it any more. As much as people complain about Coen and Gilmore I bet those two guys still show up for spring conditioning sessions. I bet those two guys still get on a plane to visit the top recruits on the board. I bet those two guys actually watch opponent film before games. Frank has not done any of these things in years and that is why the program is in the state it is.

I agree with Carney that the issues are systemic, but that is the only reason that Frank has been allowed to run this team the way he has for the last 5-6 seasons.

RichH2
October 20th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Yes, I have. Sat through too many recent Team Meetings, too many on the field practices, too many film sessions and I can't take it any more. As much as people complain about Coen and Gilmore I bet those two guys still show up for spring conditioning sessions. I bet those two guys still get on a plane to visit the top recruits on the board. I bet those two guys actually watch opponent film before games. Frank has not done any of these things in years and that is why the program is in the state it is.

I agree with Carney that the issues are systemic, but that is the only reason that Frank has been allowed to run this team the way he has for the last 5-6 seasons.
There are siuations when a HC can be a motivational CEO with a staff capable of teaching and meshing the team into effective units. When that isn't working,the HC simply becomes a symbol of ineffectiveness. Coen over the last 3-4 yrs seemed to be taking that approach. No longer. All hands on deck must include everyone or it is meaningless phrase. Pards story is not solely about Tavani. PL teams are all having a difficult transition to scholarship football and all have their share of injuries forcing underclassmen on the field. No other team has the epidemic of injuries putting so many inexperienced players on the field. That to me defines Pards season to date. It does not explain the prior 5 years of mediocrity.

Franks Tanks
October 20th, 2015, 08:45 AM
There are siuations when a HC a motivational CEO when he has a staff capable of teaching and meshing the team into effective units. When isn't working,the HC simply becomes a symbol of ineffectiveness. Coen over the last 3-4 yrs seemed to be taking that approach. No longer. All hands on deck must include everyone or it is meaningless phrase. Pards story is not solely about Tavani. PL teams are all having a difficult transition to scholarship football and all have their share of injuries forcing underclassmen on the field. No other team has the epidemic of injuries putting so many inexperienced players on the field. That to me defines Pards season to date. It does not explain the prior 5 years of mediocrity.

Frank is a "CEO" at this point in the mold of Bobby Bowden and Joe Pa. The issue is that Frank was never very good at the X's and O's, so he must be completely lost if he isn't spending much time in meetings or watching films. He was always a recruiter first and foremost, and a schmoozer and fundraiser as well. I cannot comment on how much recruiting he is doing, but if he isn't recruiting, he is then doing nothing at all to help the football program find, develop and coach players.

The larger issue is that in my opinion a coach in the PL cannot be a CEO coach. Staff's are too small and inexperienced to perform all the necessary work without the head coach involved. I believe Lafayette has 6 full time coaches, 2 of which are more entry level and get paid accordingly. We, I think, have 2 decently paid assistants (usually the O-line coach and the "senior" defensive assistant) and the OC and DC. With small staff's it shows when the HC does not help break down film and game plan. Other schools have Joe Susan and Joe Moorhead and Tom Gilmore elbows deep in preparation. Mickey and Art have it all on them.

Early on Frank's tenure he assembled a tremendous staff through skill and luck.

Bob Heffner- Former OC at Maryland, and now an assistant at Northwestern. He was the glue.

Mike Faragalli- Former HC in the CFL and OC at Bowling Green. After leaving Lafayette we was the OC at Richmond and now Columbia, and also an assistant at Virginia.

John Troxell- Now the HC at F&M

Matt Hachman- Now the DC at Towson ( I think)

Once these guys left it has been downhill. Please note this is not a criticism of the current staff, just an observation that Frank may have been spoiled by a group of guys that were all very talented, and worked together very well. Sort of like Lehigh's staff in the glory days of the Higgins era.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Frank may be sleeping on Xs and Os vs. Harvard but somehow he manages to remember everything when his teams play Lehigh.

Pard4Life
October 20th, 2015, 09:24 AM

The freshman center was injured on our one deep scoring drive which I believe was early in the fourth.

Mzarek made a nice catch for a TD but the play was called back due to holding. Kern was injured on that play. We can't even score without paying a price. Next play the first snap was expectedly low and we went backwards on two plays. Turnover on downs.

Pard4Life
October 20th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Frank may be sleeping on Xs and Os vs. Harvard but somehow he manages to remember everything when his teams play Lehigh.

That's the only game that counts in job evaluation. Or not, as c2 says.

carney2
October 20th, 2015, 09:38 AM
That's the only game that counts in job evaluation. Or not, as c2 says.

Not really. It is simply a job for life kind of place. Rumor is - and it is a chat board rumor - that AD McCutcheon was interviewing a potential coaching hire (not football) and sold him with the line, "No pressure here. No one expects you to win."

Former coach Bill Russo always treated the Lehigh game as simply the last game of the season. That, I guess, made it a little more important than the others because there's no next week for redemption. Unfortunately, those with their hands on the controls care even less about the Lehigh game than Russo supposedly did.

Someone on the Lafayette board stated that Lafayette's problems are systemic. That one word doesn't say nearly enough, while at the same time, saying everything. There are no quick fixes for this problem. Replacing Tavani might provide an immediate short term blip such as Harbaugh at Michigan or Russo at Lafayette in 1981, but the real problems will still be bubbling beneath the surface.

Bill
October 20th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Rebounded nicely with a 4-0 week. Up to 28-12 overall. Now on to week 8, in the league where they don't play for pay:

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL - oh boy...heart says hoyas, but gut says buckies. Going with the home team, 28-27.
LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS - shouldn't be close, but then again Crusaders could have been in the Big Least. Gilmore hangs on, 34-12.
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM - Fordham may struggle defending the the forward pass, but Lehigh's defense resembles Dan Fouts' 80's Chargers. I'll take the less bad D & Forham (d left out on purpose:) Rams, 46 - 32. What's the over on this one?

Lehigh'98
October 20th, 2015, 09:47 AM
And the total score will be in the triple digits.
:)

When was the last time Lehigh dropped 50 on anyone?

Bill
October 20th, 2015, 09:51 AM
When was the last time Lehigh dropped 50 on anyone?

I'm pretty sure it was in Pete's last year - 2005 when we dropped 50 on Colgate AT Colgate. That was a great day for us....also scored 54 against Monmouth in the opener that year.

DatDude
October 20th, 2015, 11:05 AM
I'm pretty sure it was in Pete's last year - 2005 when we dropped 50 on Colgate AT Colgate. That was a great day for us....also scored 54 against Monmouth in the opener that year.
LU dropped 51 on CCSU in 2013 opener

Bill
October 20th, 2015, 11:56 AM

Oops. Too busy reminiscing :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2015, 12:03 PM

Miles Austin had about 260 yards receiving in that game iirc....

Threatt was awesome in that Colgate game.

World
October 20th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Couple tidbits. Saw today in Morning call that on Oct 21, 2000, 16,906 showed up at Goodman for Bucknell game. Wow, miss those days! Also, while watching Eagles last night Gruden spoke as to why Demarco Murray has been ineffective this year. He pointed out that when the QB is standing next to you in the backfield, and you are handed the ball from a standing still position, it's pretty tough to make get anything positive from it, especially when you run parallel to the LOS. Sound familiar?? Folmar, PLEASE put Shaf under center with the backs in an I. So many good things can happen!!!!

good points made here

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2015, 12:24 PM

I remember that game well! I was there! Bucknell had some really good defenses in the early 2000's.

This pic is actually from that game...

http://sports.discoverlehighvalley.com/files/2011/12/GoodmanStadium.jpg

carney2
October 20th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Continuing the discussion of "dropping 50," Lafayette is giving up 33.1 points per game; they are a M*A*S*H unit; and are otherwise in total disarray. The tough part of their schedule (CAA teams, Ivy heavies and Fordham) is supposedly behind them. Is there anyone remaining (Holy Cross, Bucknell, Colgate and Lehigh) with the potential to "drop 50" on them?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Continuing the discussion of "dropping 50," Lafayette is giving up 33.1 points per game; they are a M*A*S*H unit; and are otherwise in total disarray. The tough part of their schedule (CAA teams, Ivy heavies and Fordham) is supposedly behind them. Is there anyone remaining (Holy Cross, Bucknell, Colgate and Lehigh) with the potential to "drop 50" on them?

Holy Cross probably can. Not at all sure about the other three.

crusader11
October 20th, 2015, 12:46 PM

We won't, but I could see HC putting up 40+ on Lafayette.

It's baffling -- HC is #2 in the PL in scoring, and #3 in scoring defense, yet we sit at 2-4, 0-2. HC has the look of a 4-2 team, but then there are the 4th quarter collapses against Colgate and Brown. Bad, bad, bad.

Bill
October 20th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Lafayette is giving up 33.1 points per game; they are a M*A*S*H unit; and are otherwise in total disarray.

Well, Suicide is Painless...
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21510&stc=1

Pards Rule
October 20th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Oops. Too busy reminiscing :)

Same number the Pards dropped on the same team in Bill Russo's debut on Sept. 12, 1981. A one day belated birthday present for me! 51-0.

aceinthehole
October 20th, 2015, 05:08 PM

In overtime, I think.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2015, 05:42 PM
In overtime, I think.

You are correct, sir.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/09/lehigh-outlasts-ccsu-in-opening-day.html

Lehigh rallied from 20 points down, and scored 20 straight to tie the game. CCSU lined up for a game-winning FG tied at 44, but it sailed wide right.

FordhamFan
October 20th, 2015, 05:51 PM
I love the week Fordham plays Lehigh because that means a lot of Fordham talk in this thread :)

Fordham's D is about as shaky as it gets for a top-ranked team....that being said, it's important to remember that the boys in the Bronx have lost just two home games in Moorhead's tenure, and only one of those losses is to a PL team (Colgate 2012, Moorhead's first year).

I don't see Lehigh coming into the BX and winning, but it will be a good battle, since Fordham cannot stop a soul.

aceinthehole
October 20th, 2015, 07:35 PM
You are correct, sir.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/09/lehigh-outlasts-ccsu-in-opening-day.html

Lehigh rallied from 20 points down, and scored 20 straight to tie the game. CCSU lined up for a game-winning FG tied at 44, but it sailed wide right.

Yeah, we really let that one get away. :(

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Bucknell 24 Georgetown 20 - I wanted to take the Hoyas but I give the slightest of edge to the Bison since they're at home....

Holy Cross 30 Lafayette 13 - The 'Pards offense is shambles while the Crusaders have put up some good numbers the last 3 weeks. A loss here and Gilmore might have to leave Woooooster in the cover of darkness....

Fordham 48 Lehigh 34 - I'm not buying the new and improved Lehigh after beating a below average Bucknell team. Fordham can definitely be had but I've yet to see anything from Lehigh over the last two years that suggests they're capable of beating a quality team. Perhaps this plays out like Colgate in 2010? I can hope....

ColgateTD
October 21st, 2015, 11:33 AM
Georgetown over Bison - the resurgance of the Hoyas is ongoing; this is a statement game.
Holy Cross over the Pards - Puhols hits another home run against the Pards, who are not spot on.
Fordham over LU - would like to pick the Engineers but have no faith that they can get it done in the Bronx.

23-4

Sandlapper Spike
October 21st, 2015, 12:04 PM
GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL
LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM

Bye: COLGATE

RichH2
October 22nd, 2015, 08:08 AM
Bucknell
Cross
Fordham
Possible that all three could go the other way. Chalk for me this week.

ngineer
October 22nd, 2015, 01:29 PM
At Lehigh's Wednesday Football luncheon there was a lot of optimism about the LU chances in the Bronx. The defense has improved over the past two games and the sense is if Edmonds can be 'contained' Lehigh has a decent shot. Many view this game as one that could be a 'defining moment' for the program. If Lehigh can pull off the upset and then follow that momentum through the rest of the season to win the league title; considering the youth of the team with a strong core of freshmen and sophomores along with some great leadership by the current uppperclassmen, this could be a big springboard for the future after an 18 month lull. Hopefully a few of the injured return this week and we see a re-awakened Mountain Hawk nation.

Fordham
October 22nd, 2015, 01:54 PM
What happens if it's not a turning point and you guys get whooped? Not saying that's going to happen since I have no confidence in our D right now but just wondering howa team who sounds like it's at a tipping point will be expected to respond if they come up here and get beat up on. Will it be a small bump on an ascension or completely knock them off track?

RichH2
October 22nd, 2015, 01:56 PM
At Lehigh's Wednesday Football luncheon there was a lot of optimism about the LU chances in the Bronx. The defense has improved over the past two games and the sense is if Edmonds can be 'contained' Lehigh has a decent shot. Many view this game as one that could be a 'defining moment' for the program. If Lehigh can pull off the upset and then follow that momentum through the rest of the season to win the league title; considering the youth of the team with a strong core of freshmen and sophomores along with some great leadership by the current uppperclassmen, this could be a big springboard for the future after an 18 month lull. Hopefully a few of the injured return this week and we see a re-awakened Mountain Hawk nation.
Certainly possible. Amazing if the team can. Hope you're right ngineer. At the very least, we need to see a team that has learned how to win and actually battle Fordham.

Pard4Life
October 22nd, 2015, 02:10 PM

:SIGH: http://cdn.hellogiggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/14/eye-roll.jpg

Southsider
October 22nd, 2015, 02:12 PM
Certainly possible. Amazing if the team can. Hope you're right ngineer. At the very least, we need to see a team that has learned how to win and actually battle Fordham.

I, for one, would be please to see this, regardless of the outcome. Some here are downplaying the Bucknell win, but I think they did show some signs of growing up. Hopefully the progress continues this week.

Pard4Life
October 22nd, 2015, 02:13 PM

https://media.alienwarearena.com/media/oh-really-3.png

Pard4Life
October 22nd, 2015, 02:15 PM
What happens if it's not a turning point and you guys get whooped? Not saying that's going to happen since I have no confidence in our D right now but just wondering howa team who sounds like it's at a tipping point will be expected to respond if they come up here and get beat up on. Will it be a small bump on an ascension or completely knock them off track?

They just become Lafayette Football Team Bethlehem.

Fordhamanhattan
October 22nd, 2015, 02:29 PM
Lehigh fans have every reason to be optimistic about the Fordham game. We have shown that we are vulnerable. Very few of us given our 4 and 23 record against the once Engineers, chalk this game up. I am encouraged by the fact that we won against The Cross despite playing our sloppiest game to date. I like our defense against the run but obviously we have not defensed the pass or pressed the passer very well. We have a young team and I expect us to learn and improve. On offense QB Kevin Anderson and his roomie Chase Edmonds have shown true grit and leadership. I expect another barn-burner. its nice to be on top of the roost but with that comes the expectation that each opponent will empty the basket to win.

RichH2
October 22nd, 2015, 05:13 PM
P4L,
Pretty good Bogie :).Keep it up. Keep these threads from getting too friggin serious.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2015, 06:21 PM
P4L will certainly want to fully take in the intial part of my Fordham game preview, it seems.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/10/game-preview-lehigh-at-fordham-10242015.html

Did you know Fordham was the victim of Donald Trump's first-ever firing?

Franks Tanks
October 22nd, 2015, 06:39 PM
P4L will certainly want to fully take in the intial part of my Fordham game preview, it seems.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/10/game-preview-lehigh-at-fordham-10242015.html

Did you know Fordham was the victim of Donald Trump's first-ever firing?

Drew Reed threw 4 interceptions in the 2013 game.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2015, 07:03 PM
Week 8 Sportsbook:

Yale (pk) at Penn o/u 61½

Harvard (-21½) vs. Princeton o/u 56½

Brown (-12½) at Cornell o/u 55½

Fordham (-12½) vs. Lehigh o/u 70½

Bucknell (-4) vs. Georgetown o/u 31½

Holy Cross (-18) vs. Lafayette o/u 42½

Dartmouth (-32½) vs. Columbia o/u 42½

Other Games of Interest:

Wagner (-48½) at BYU o/u 60½

Stony Brook (-4) at Maine o/u 32

William & Mary (-26½) vs. Hampton o/u 51

James Madison (-13½) vs. Richmond o/u 72½

Hew Hampshire (-7½) at Delaware o/u 48½

Villanova (-5½) at Towson o/u 43½

Marist (-23) at Davidson o/u 42½

Go...gate
October 22nd, 2015, 07:19 PM
Fordham 33, Lehigh 21

Georgetown 24, Bucknell 16

Holy Cross 28, Lafayette 23

Bye 3, Colgate 2

Bonus pick: Hun 28, Lawrenceville 21

Let's Go Mets!!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2015, 07:28 PM

If you're actually betting on this game, seek help immediately.

Lehigh'98
October 22nd, 2015, 07:34 PM
Georgetown 24 BU 14
HC 37 Lafayette 13
Fordham 44 LU 26

bulldog10jw
October 22nd, 2015, 07:56 PM
Let's Go Mets!!

xthumbsupx

ngineer
October 22nd, 2015, 10:30 PM

In the event we get blown out, then I think there could be a lot of 'soul searching', as well as big impact on balance of the season which could result in significant changes to staff.

ngineer
October 22nd, 2015, 10:34 PM
My prognostications:

Georgetown 38 Bucknell 24
Holy Cross 42 Lafayette 17
Lehigh 38 Fordham 35

ngineer
October 22nd, 2015, 10:37 PM
Week 8 Sportsbook:

Other Games of Interest:

Wow. I'll take Fordham's points. I think the O/U could be a bit higher.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2015, 10:57 PM
I'm currently in a hotel in Greenville, NC after watching Temple get a huge road win. Perhaps Lehigh can rise up too?

Game Day for a Temple football game next week? I think so!

RichH2
October 22nd, 2015, 11:21 PM
Congrats owl. Saw most of the game. Gritty win. LU has to redevelop that confidnce. Rams would be a big leap there.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2015, 11:59 PM
I'm currently in a hotel in Greenville, NC after watching Temple get a huge road win. Perhaps Lehigh can rise up too?

Game Day for a Temple football game next week? I think so!

Do the Owls have a chance at home vs. Notre Dame?

Bogus Megapardus
October 23rd, 2015, 12:15 AM
If you're actually betting on this game, seek help immediately.

Hence that game's inclusion amongst "Other Games of Interest."

I like Marist to beat the spread, but not the over. xnodx

Fordham
October 23rd, 2015, 07:30 AM
In the event we get blown out, then I think there could be a lot of 'soul searching', as well as big impact on balance of the season which could result in significant changes to staff. colossal game for Lehigh then

Neighbor2
October 23rd, 2015, 08:21 AM
colossal game for Lehigh then

That's not always enough incentive, based on the recent Blunder in the Bronx. If the game isn't close, play-calling mystifying, and game adjustments lacking, I'd say significant changes should begin immediately. We keep hearing about how talented the freshman and sophomore players are. I'd begin giving them much more playing time.

But, really, I DO think Lehigh will show-up with a strong effort and very good chance to beat Fordham. Just don't move it to Yankee Stadium!

Fordham 31
Lehigh 28

RichH2
October 23rd, 2015, 08:31 AM
That's not always enough incentive, based on the recent Blunder in the Bronx. If the game isn't close, play-calling mystifying, and game adjustments lacking, I'd say significant changes should begin immediately. We keep hearing about how talented the freshman and sophomore players are. I'd begin giving them much more playing time.

But, really, I DO think Lehigh will show-up with a strong effort and very good chance to beat Fordham. Just don't move it to Yankee Stadium!

Fordham 31
Lehigh 28
We have a recent trend of not showing up for important games. Think we will on Saturday. It may not yet be enuf to get the W. Difference is,altho Rams are as young as LU,they know how to win. We are just learning.

Fordham
October 23rd, 2015, 08:35 AM
I hope our D shows up. Otherwise we easily could be primed for the upset.

Lehigh'98
October 23rd, 2015, 09:06 AM
Week 8 Sportsbook:

Other Games of Interest:

Can someone loan me $50 million to place on BYU

Bill
October 23rd, 2015, 09:19 AM
Can someone loan me $50 million to place on BYU

I know this isn't the degenerate gambling thread - but 49 points is an awful lot to bank on, no matter how bad the matchup!

As far as the Lehigh /Fordham game - you all have a lot more confidence than me. I think we're in deep trouble here, and will be reasonably happy if the game is respectable. I'm ready for the coaching shake up. If taking it on the chin gets it done, so be it. Ouch.

Lehigh'98
October 23rd, 2015, 09:27 AM
I know this isn't the degenerate gambling thread - but 49 points is an awful lot to bank on, no matter how bad the matchup!

As far as the Lehigh /Fordham game - you all have a lot more confidence than me. I think we're in deep trouble here, and will be reasonably happy if the game is respectable. I'm ready for the coaching shake up. If taking it on the chin gets it done, so be it. Ouch.

Bill, look closely at the number. Wagner -48.5. I will risk $50M that they stay within 48 of Wagner. Obviously, its a typo :)

Bill
October 23rd, 2015, 09:42 AM
Bill, look closely at the number. Wagner -48.5. I will risk $50M that they stay within 48 of Wagner. Obviously, its a typo :)

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21525&stc=1

carney2
October 23rd, 2015, 10:03 AM
Pretty close to zero interest in this week's game on the Lafayette board. Can you blame them?!!

It should be noted that even KooKoo KillaBee has apparently thrown in the towel. I don't recall him making his usual lunatic prediction this week. I am therefore ghost writing (plagiarizing) his entry for week 8:

Lafayette Leopards will win. This week by 28 against Holy Cross. Bet your house on it...$$$$$

Lehigh Football Nation
October 23rd, 2015, 10:35 AM
Pretty close to zero interest in this week's game on the Lafayette board.

Going 1-5 has a way of doing that. Making matters worse is that for the most part they're playing the kids already, so... there can't be a plea to "play more freshmen".

carney2
October 23rd, 2015, 10:55 AM
Going 1-5 has a way of doing that. Making matters worse is that for the most part they're playing the kids already, so... there can't be a plea to "play more freshmen".

If Tavani comes back for 2016 it will be more of the same. Unfortunately it will be his decision. Based on his current work ethic and results he should be indicted for theft if he cashes even one pay check after the end of the current season.

Pard4Life
October 23rd, 2015, 10:58 AM
For all of those predicting Lafayette scores....

Seriously.

You have NO idea how bad our offense is.

Aside from beating the worst team in FCS, our ONLY TDs have come in garbage time or via Fordham's mental fart at Fisher.

Sader87
October 23rd, 2015, 11:34 AM
The 1976 Apple-1 see Saturday's games thusly:

Fordham 41 Lehigh 20 Rams return to their dominating ways after a couple of close calls.

Bucknell 20 GTown 17 Thought about an upset here but Bison eke one out in Lewisberg.

Lafayette 23 HC 20 This series has a tendency of going against the conventional wisdom lately. Pards spoil another Family Weekend at Fitton.

PAllen
October 23rd, 2015, 12:46 PM
The real question is, who does Fordham lose to and how does that parlay into the auto-bid going to another team with a losing record?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 23rd, 2015, 01:09 PM
Bucknell/G'Town is a near-impossible game to pick, IMO.

Pard4Life
October 23rd, 2015, 01:13 PM
Fordham 35, Lehigh 28... close but no cigar

Bucknell 24, Georgetown 17

Holy Cross 38, Lafayette 7... I have to believe we will score this week

carney2
October 23rd, 2015, 01:28 PM
Lafayette 23 HC 20 This series has a tendency of going against the conventional wisdom lately. Pards spoil another Family Weekend at Fitton.

Expanding on what P4L said and reminding you that Steve Jobs is dead and will not come over to your house to correct your Apple's faulty calculations:

1. Lafayette's running game is the worst in FCS.
2. Lafayette's O-line is nonexistent.
3. Lafayette's defensive backfield barely exists.
4. 11 players. 6 of them starters, are out for the year with injuries.
5. 11 more are out for this game.
6. Frank Tavani has stopped coaching and has lost the team.
7. The only team in FCS that Lafayette could score 23 against is winless Wagner. The Pards scored 24.

The betting line is HC by 18. Bet the 'saders even with all those points.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 23rd, 2015, 01:36 PM
Expanding on what P4L said and reminding you that Steve Jobs is dead and will not come over to your house to correct your Apple's faulty calculations:

1. Lafayette's running game is the worst in FCS.
2. Lafayette's O-line is nonexistent.
3. Lafayette's defensive backfield barely exists.
4. 11 players. 6 of them starters, are out for the year with injuries.
5. 11 more are out for this game.
6. Frank Tavani has stopped coaching and has lost the team.

The betting line is HC by 18. Bet the 'saders even with all those points.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/07/06/2B2B7C2C00000578-0-image-m-12_1438926104119.jpg

"If you tell me my calculations for Lafayette victory are faulty...... you will be sorry."

Leopard Loyalist
October 23rd, 2015, 01:47 PM
Another vote for the consensus picks...

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL
LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM

Lehigh Football Nation
October 23rd, 2015, 05:06 PM
Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/10/game-breakdown-lehigh-at-fordham.html

Rams. Hope that Lehigh proves me wrong.

The Boogie Down
October 23rd, 2015, 05:15 PM
It should be noted that even KooKoo KillaBee has apparently thrown in the towel. I don't recall him making his usual lunatic prediction this week. I am therefore ghost writing (plagiarizing) his entry for week 8:

Lafayette Leopards will win. This week by 28 against Holy Cross. Bet your house on it...$$$$$

Ha, I was looking forward to his prediction, so thanks for covering. Oh and speaking of plagiary:

A loss here and Gilmore might have to leave Woooooster in the cover of darkness....

At first I thought Sader might have hacked into Hawk-Owl's account. But no way he misspells Wooooostah so some definite plagiarism here as well.

Sader87
October 23rd, 2015, 10:42 PM
Ha, I was looking forward to his prediction, so thanks for covering. Oh and speaking of plagiary:

At first I thought Sader might have hacked into Hawk-Owl's account. But no way he misspells Wooooostah so some definite plagiarism here as well.

It's spelled/pronounced: "Wisssstah" xdrunkyx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 23rd, 2015, 10:48 PM
Do the Owls have a chance at home vs. Notre Dame?

A chance yes but we'll need to play a perfect game while ND makes a few mistakes. Our defense should keep us in the game if the offense is able to move the ball with some consistency. My biggest fear is the offense struggles which forces the D to be on the field all game.

I think ND wins in the 40-24 range.

Lehigh probably has a better chance to win tomorrow than Temple does next week.....

Pard4Life
October 24th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Hate to say it Owl but I think the best Temple can do is keep it close for a half before ND blows it open. I'm thinking it will be like the ND Navy game a year or two ago.

Southsider
October 24th, 2015, 08:19 AM

I'm with you on this one, Bill. Never had to worry about showing up years ago. Didn't win them all, but effort was usually there. Now, it's like a box of chocolates. Just reminiscing, anyone remember the '82 UD game? Thought we had them beat after a botched snap on the winning FG attempt. But, Tubby was wise to try it on 3rd down, giving them another shot, which they made to pull it out. Our losses these days are never close enough to provide that sort of drama!

Southsider
October 24th, 2015, 08:22 AM
P4l, any idea why the Pard/Harvard game not on locally last week? I'm on SECTV but it is usually aired on Channel 51.

carney2
October 24th, 2015, 09:03 AM
P4l, any idea why the Pard/Harvard game not on locally last week? I'm on SECTV but it is usually aired on Channel 51.

I asked the same question last week before the game but got no answer. I wouldn't blame RCN for bailing on this sorrya$$ program with a coach who isn't doing his job, but, other than the Georgetown FiOS Fiascos, I can't name too many other games they haven't covered. And, games at Fisher, ... I can't think of any except for when they may have been overruled and outmaneuvered by that Patriot League CBS Sports Network contract.

I noticed last night that the Yale @ Penn game was on NBC Sports Network. Perhaps Harvard had something like that going last week in Easton and LSN got pushed aside again.

Pards Rule
October 24th, 2015, 10:24 AM
A chance yes but we'll need to play a perfect game while ND makes a few mistakes. Our defense should keep us in the game if the offense is able to move the ball with some consistency. My biggest fear is the offense struggles which forces the D to be on the field all game.

I think ND wins in the 40-24 range.

Lehigh probably has a better chance to win tomorrow than Temple does next week.....

But Lehigh Owl - you folks are getting a new stadium on campus! Congrats! Temple best start ever at 7-0. Go Owls!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2015, 11:06 AM
But Lehigh Owl - you folks are getting a new stadium on campus! Congrats! Temple best start ever at 7-0. Go Owls!

Indeed we are!! Great time to be an Owl! I wonder who the first FCS opponent will be?

Bogus Megapardus
October 24th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Congrats to Holy Cross on an outstanding performance. xbowx xbowx xbowx

DFW HOYA
October 24th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Two sacks in the final minute of play preserve Georgetown's 17-9 win at Bucknell.

carney2
October 24th, 2015, 03:25 PM
In the last four games Lafayette has been outscored 157 - 14!

But the head coach's job is secure.

Bogus Megapardus
October 24th, 2015, 03:30 PM
In the last four games Lafayette has been outscored 157 - 14!

But the head coach's job is secure.

Secure and in handcuffs.

Pard4Life
October 24th, 2015, 03:47 PM
The Pard game was on TV, WBPH 60.

Until the NDSU game in 2011, at Duquesne in October 2002 was the last time Lafayette was not on TV. We have great coverage. But Internet and I don't know what has cut into coverage.

DFW HOYA
October 24th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Until the NDSU game in 2011, at Duquesne in October 2002 was the last time Lafayette was not on TV. We have great coverage. But Internet and I don't know what has cut into coverage.

Exclusivity agreements. The PLN and ILDN have these agreements and are exercising them, where before, none of these schools had regular broadcast content and were happy to have LSN come in and do it.

ngineer
October 24th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Hate to say it Owl but I think the best Temple can do is keep it close for a half before ND blows it open. I'm thinking it will be like the ND Navy game a year or two ago.
After watching Georgia Tech just stun FSU, I see that as the type of game Temple can pull off against the Irish.