PDA

View Full Version : It's officially Richmond JMU Week

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 17th, 2015, 04:18 PM
If it's a 10 possession per team type of game, the Spiders will get run out of the Truck Stop off I-81 in a humiliating fashion.

If we can run the ball on them (and I think we can) and keep the game to 7-8 possessions, I like our chances.

I'd expect the Spiders to be about a 9 or 10 point underdog.

jmu007
October 17th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Game on Sir. Game on. Most excited I've been for a game in years. Go Dukes!

jmufan999
October 17th, 2015, 08:55 PM
If we can run the ball on them (and I think we can) and keep the game to 7-8 possessions, I like our chances.

that's what every team has tried to do this year. the problem is stopping our offense, which forces you to then abandon the run completely. has happened in 7 out of 7 games this year.

besides that, our run defense has been really good, to the tune of 3.34 yards/carry. that's 3rd best in the CAA (before today's games).

your strategy should be: how do we slow down JMU's offense so we even have the opportunity to run? by the way, once you do pass, we're 8th in the country in sacks. and remember DB Taylor Reynolds who had two pick sixes and two forced fumbles against you last year? he had two picks today and could have a shot at CAA Defensive Player of the Week (he would be the 4th different JMU defender to get the award this year).

i think the better option is just forgetting about the run and airing it out all game, going up-tempo, and trying to outscore us. the opposite approach hasn't come close to working yet.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 17th, 2015, 09:27 PM
OK, sounds good. If my strategy doesn't work, we'll try yours.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 17th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Richmond will be a good test for this JMU team. Both JMU and Richmond are still unproven in my opinion. That said, they can only play the teams on the schedule and beating SMU was significant for JMU. JMU's weakness has been committing a consistently high number of penalties over the course of the year, which have been afterthoughts to their tons of yards and scores they rack up week after week. If this team cleaned up its act, it would be unstoppable. However, JMU has consistently made mistakes that to date their opponents have not taken advantage of. Richmond is the first team since SMU to really be a threat and it will be interesting to see how well the team responds. I expect a tough week for Coach Withers of JMU to keep the team from getting over-hyped for this in-state rivalry game in front of what I am guessing will be a pretty raucous JMU homecoming crowd. Should be a fun one - and Richmond obviously travels well only 2 hours away.

paward
October 17th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Wow is it next Saturday already!

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 18th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Did JMU get out of the Elon game healthy?

I suspect Richmond will be without Seth Fisher.

Tribal
October 18th, 2015, 04:37 PM
I have a feeling UR is going to cause a few turnovers and that will keep JMU under 35 points. Whether or not UR can hang 35+ on JMU is a mystery.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SpiderJPO
October 18th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Richmond will show up and present the biggest challenge to this point for the Dukes. Our skill players are some of the best in FCS and our young QB is getting better each week. Looking forward to a fun day as I bleed RED and Blue but have a daughter that is a JMU GRAD and a JMU senior on campus. Makes for a great family rivalry and a great tailgate.