Kemo
October 13th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Fun stat comparison:

SDSU averages 313.6 passing yards/game.

YSU allows 84.6 passing yards/game.

Something has to give.

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2015, 09:46 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing TC vs a good defense. This is the third matchup between Pelini and Stig. Should be fun (hopefully more fun for SDSU)

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Was YSU the Hobo Day game last year? If so it would be nice to return the favor on their homecoming.

Kemo
October 13th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Was YSU the Hobo Day game last year? If so it would be nice to return the favor on their homecoming.

They were and we're going to xcoolx

Bisonator
October 14th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Curious to know what some of the other MVFC fans (non SDSU/YSU) think wins this one. It's a toss up game I think. YSU looks pretty good, especially against the pass which is SDSU's strong suit. SDSU has looked pretty good sans the NDSU game. I'm leaning YSU's direction being the home team.

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2015, 09:16 AM
No clue just because I think it all depends on SDSU QB Taryn Christion. Now that he's got a game on tape I'm interested to see whether YSU's coaching staff finds any weaknesses in the true freshman's game to exploit. If Christion continues to be the dual threat he was against Indiana St I think SDSU wins a squeaker. If he looks like a true freshman out there I think YSU wins handily.

Penguin Nation
October 14th, 2015, 09:27 AM
I think this matches up well for YSU. 5dimes has YSU as 3 point favorites, but I think it'll be ~14. SDSU is a great team and will be in the post-season, but i think YSU has pass D to contain Weineke, and the rushing O to keep the SDSU offense off the field.

BisonTru
October 14th, 2015, 09:44 AM
YSU has a good pass defense, but a couple things to keep in mind, they played two NEC teams that they held to 26 yards passing combined. I know the Robert Morris game was played in a monsoon. So their passing defense statistics are a little skewed, but non-the-less they held both their MVFC opponents sub 150 in the passing game.

I'm going to say that YSU wins this one. I would pick SDSU if they were at home.

REALBird
October 14th, 2015, 10:40 AM
After watching YSU last week, they're a very good team. Got some bad breaks last week, but I'm not sure SDSU has regained their confidence after getting taken to the woodshed by NDSU. The W over ISUb at home was a nice bounce back game, but I'm expecting a Youngstown victory. Bo is going to have them fired up, and I doubt they drop two in a row at home after last weeks heart breaker.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 14th, 2015, 11:25 AM
I think YSU will win a close one at home.

ysubigred
October 14th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Hopefully YSU sorts out the issues with a few starters missing from the last few weeks. SDSU is so impressive size wise!! They look more like an NFL team than a 1FCS team xdrunkyx ISU(r) seemed just a bit bigger and faster than YSU. Love to see the Guins bounce back but SDSU is just to big up front for them.

SDSU 21 - 10

BisonFan02
October 14th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Hopefully YSU sorts out the issues with a few starters missing from the last few weeks. SDSU is so impressive size wise!! They look more like an NFL team than a 1FCS team xdrunkyx ISU(r) seemed just a bit bigger and faster than YSU. Love to see the Guins bounce back but SDSU is just to big up front for them.

SDSU 21 - 10

SDSU might tell you otherwise (at least at this point). The talent is probably there, but they need to improve at the line of scrimmage.

Bisonator
October 14th, 2015, 12:26 PM

SDSU 21 - 10
http://rlv.zcache.com/i_sandbag_shirt-r0335feb50d36479bacd9be7bd63bd679_iq3a2_1024.jpg

X-Factor
October 14th, 2015, 12:37 PM
YSU wins this one. Not by much. Maybe 7 - 10 points.

Thumper 76
October 14th, 2015, 01:30 PM

SDSU 21 - 10

Hey man save some of those sandbags for if you guys get a flood. xlolx

ysubigred
October 14th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Hey man save some of those sandbags for if you guys get a flood. xlolx

Not sand bagging,,, Everytime I think of SDSU I get the image below in my head. Same coach this time it might be "Y"s on the helmets LOL!!

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/ZO/ZOYDRCQDTLDSUZU.20110606194358.jpg

Thumper 76
October 14th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Not sand bagging,,, Everytime I think of SDSU I get the image below in my head. Same coach this time it might be "Y"s on the helmets LOL!!

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/ZO/ZOYDRCQDTLDSUZU.20110606194358.jpg

Unfortunately we still lost that game as much as I love that photo!

UNIFanSince1983
October 14th, 2015, 02:49 PM
That photo actually accurately sums up the season this year so far for the Huskers.

Living in Lincoln people are getting antsy.

As for this game I think YSU will pull it out. Not sure why just a gut feeling really. Probably around 7 points.

Sycamore62
October 14th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Ill take SDSU although we were missing our best player (DE Connor Underwood) last week. Probably didnt matter but the Fr QB had MUCH less to worry about due to his absence.

Paladin1aa
October 14th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Toss up game. The QBs for each team will decide the outcome.

Herder
October 14th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Curious to know what some of the other MVFC fans (non SDSU/YSU) think wins this one. It's a toss up game I think. YSU looks pretty good, especially against the pass which is SDSU's strong suit. SDSU has looked pretty good sans the NDSU game. I'm leaning YSU's direction being the home team.

Unless there are a significant number of turnovers in this one, I look for a very low scoring game. Both defenses are the strength of their teams. If the rookie QB is playing for SDSU, he needs to stay in the pocket or keep his head on a swivel. There will be some hitt'in going on in this one.

I'm going to pick YSU in a close one. 19-17 on a late FG.

BisonTru
October 14th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Unless there are a significant number of turnovers in this one, I look for a very low scoring game. Both defenses are the strength of their teams. If the rookie QB is playing for SDSU, he needs to stay in the pocket or keep his head on a swivel. There will be some hitt'in going on in this one.

I'm going to pick YSU in a close one. 19-17 on a late FG.

YSU's going to have their hands full keeping him in the pocket. They have a good defense, but Taryn also has some nice wheels.

clenz
October 14th, 2015, 03:43 PM
I don't buy YSU's pass defense like that number says I should

Illinois State only threw the ball 15 times but averaged 9.7 yards per attempt and 18 yards per completion
South Dakota has a running back playing quarterback. He has 50 more rushing attempts than passing attempts. He was 9-25 against YSU. He isn't in the top 10 in the conference in passer efficiency, according to the Valley's official stat book.
St Francis has two NCAA wins - a start up ETSU and Georgetown. They attempted 12 passes and completed 1.
Robert Morris attempted 11 passes and completed 2 of them....and still took YSU to overtime.

I...don't....buy....any...part....of....it

http://www.tkgenius.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Smoke-Mirrors_700.png

Daved
October 14th, 2015, 04:43 PM
YSU also put over 400 yds offense vs. Pitt--a team that held Va.Tech to 9yds rushing on 33 attempts and also held them to under 100 yds passing.I've seen SDSU numerous times @ Stambaugh and they always won.If the YSU that played Pitt shows up SDSU will go down--if the YSU that played RMU shows up it will be a massacre.I don't buy the pass defense statistics either but I'm sure that YSU's pass defense is better than the non-existant one of the past 5 years.xcoffeex

Kemo
October 14th, 2015, 06:03 PM
@argusmattz (https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/654421408567554048) Zach Lujan is practicing today. SDSU QBs splitting reps evenly. Taryn Christion listed as starter on 2-deep.

For those who are curious as to why there is a buzz about the true freshman QB playing even with the success of Zach Lujan this year, here is the condensed game of SDSU vs. ISU-Blue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1NWIyl1mbU

clenz
October 14th, 2015, 06:05 PM
If you burn his redshirt half way through the year and then split reps or bench him you deserve to lose two years of service from him

Thumper 76
October 14th, 2015, 06:17 PM
If you burn his redshirt half way through the year and then split reps or bench him you deserve to lose two years of service from him

If either happens I will be unbelievably pissed off.

mmiller_34
October 14th, 2015, 06:23 PM

I imagine he gets all the reps vs Youngstown State. If he performs the way that he did against Indiana State I bet he gets the nod for the rest of the year. However, if he struggles...

Kemo
October 14th, 2015, 06:24 PM

Most SDSU fans wouldn't argue with this. Once his redshirt was burned, he needs to be the starter the rest of the way with Lujan backing him up.

I have an eerie suspision that we may be UNI'ing the next few games until Christion gives the coaching staff no choice but to play him.

BisonTru
October 14th, 2015, 06:30 PM
This advice came out of SIU a few years back when Wentz was the backup, but YSU should use it as well if Lujan starts.

"Hit him, but help him up, we don't want their back up coming in."

Kemo
October 14th, 2015, 06:38 PM
This advice came out of SIU a few years back when Wentz was the backup, but YSU should use it as well if Lujan starts.

"Hit him, but help him up, we don't want their back up coming in."

Was that really said out loud by the opposing team? That's hilarious if true.

Who was the source on that?

BisonTru
October 14th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Was that really said out loud by the opposing team? That's hilarious if true.

Who was the source on that?

Bubba (UND HC) when he was DC at SIU. He or someone on their staff had recruited Wentz and knew how good he was.

He said it in one of his press conferences leading up to our game this year.

Bisonator
October 14th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Bubba (UND HC) when he was DC at SIU. He or someone on their staff had recruited Wentz and knew how good he was.

He said it in one of his press conferences leading up to our game this year.
Pretty sure Randy Hedberg was the source. He recruited Carson when he was at SIU with Bubba.

BisonTru
October 14th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Pretty sure Randy Hedberg was the source. He recruited Carson when he was at SIU with Bubba.

You could be right. I have a crappy memory.

PantherRob82
October 14th, 2015, 08:01 PM
I have to give YSU the nod at home. SDSU hasn't proven to me that the NDSU game was a one time deal.

Sycamore62
October 14th, 2015, 10:01 PM
TC runs the ball great but it looks like he is about to get blown up every time he runs. Maybe it's just me but I predict he will miss major game time from taking a big hit at some point this year

Kemo
October 14th, 2015, 10:35 PM
TC runs the ball great but it looks like he is about to get blown up every time he runs. Maybe it's just me but I predict he will miss major game time from taking a big hit at some point this year

The condensed game video didn't show much of it, but you are correct, TC took some unnecessary shots in the game. I'm sure the coaching staff will get on him about putting himself in harms way when he doesn't have to.

It also illustrates why, even if TC becomes the full time starter, Lujan is still very valuable to the team, as not only can he be a good mentor, but he also has a realistic shot of still seeing playing time.

CappinHard
October 14th, 2015, 10:41 PM
If either happens I will be unbelievably pissed off.

Thank you. I don't understand why so many SDSU fans are stuck on playing Lujan. TC is inexperienced, but I believe in this state, he is just as good or better than Lujan. Plus it will only benefit us for the next 4 years. If they didn't intend on playing him for the rest of the season, they wouldn't have burned his redshirt. If that wasn't their line of thinking, we need new leadership.

penguinpower
October 14th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Should be a good game

Thumper 76
October 14th, 2015, 10:49 PM
Thank you. I don't understand why so many SDSU fans are stuck on playing Lujan. TC is inexperienced, but I believe in this state, he is just as good or better than Lujan. Plus it will only benefit us for the next 4 years. If they didn't intend on playing him for the rest of the season, they wouldn't have burned his redshirt. If that wasn't their line of thinking, we need new leadership.

I'm a strong believer of if you are using two QBs you don't have one and burning a redshirt on a talent like TC for backup or split play is crazy..

Thumper 76
October 14th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Should be a good game

The NDSU game should have been too. I'm extremely nervous about this game.

penguinpower
October 14th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Knowing has calculating your coach is tells me that he would flat out start him if necessary. You may be looking at the next 4 yr starter

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Aside from my fear of him taking a big hit due to the way he runs upright....my only knock on the guy was that I think I saw him overthrow 2 receivers who looked like they were open enough for some big gains. I suspect with more reps in practice that will come to him

BisonBacker
October 15th, 2015, 11:43 AM
The NDSU game should have been too. I'm extremely nervous about this game.

What do you mean? It was a good game ;)

BisonFan02
October 15th, 2015, 12:18 PM

Ditto.... xlolx

http://memecrunch.com/image/52842e451605fb4b00000032.jpg

RabidRabbit
October 15th, 2015, 12:53 PM
A good game occurred in Fargo between UNI & NDSU. The week before, in Brookings, not so good.

This YSU game, again such a defensive team will be a solid measure for both SDSU & YSU. If Stig pulls his first win vs Pellini Sat., this Rabbit will fervent that Jacks are a top 8 team. Same for Guins if get W.

Kemo
October 15th, 2015, 04:23 PM
I have a feeling the team that wins this game is going to win by 14+ points... I'm just not sure who that will be.

UNIFanSince1983
October 15th, 2015, 04:30 PM
SDSU 1881
YSU 1908

SDSU wins by 14.

Schism55
October 15th, 2015, 04:45 PM
YSU pass D plays its first legit O and gets exposed.

Jacks roll 31-17

ValleyTalk
October 15th, 2015, 04:53 PM
YSU pass D plays its first legit O and gets exposed.

Jacks roll 31-17
Yes.. Illinois State with the best tandem in FCS football is not legit. Ok.

Daved
October 15th, 2015, 04:57 PM
I have a feeling the team that wins this game is going to win by 14+ points... I'm just not sure who that will be.Funny you should say that---I just got that same feeling just before you posted that ,as I'm sure it will go either way--YSU doesn't usually benefit from home field advantage when they play those pesky Jackrabbits but hopefully with our new era defense it will be us for a change---only time will tell.

DaBurds!!
October 15th, 2015, 06:02 PM
I'll take YSU. And if they win this one and get some confidence...I say they don't lose another, including the NDSU game in Nov.

SUPharmacist
October 15th, 2015, 09:54 PM
I'll take YSU. And if they win this one and get some confidence...I say they don't lose another, including the NDSU game in Nov.

Looking forward to that game this year. As far as the game with SDSU, I am with Kemo, don't know who will win, but it will be by a decent margin.

KUlawJack
October 16th, 2015, 01:38 AM

Lol no. It'll be November. Have you seen YSU in November? Have you seen NDSU in November?

penguinpower
October 16th, 2015, 02:38 AM
Lol no. It'll be November. Have you seen YSU in November? Have you seen NDSU in November?

Interesting that you state that. I was told that part of the reason for the late meltdowns was due in part by the practices of the previous coach. I'm no expert here, but I was told that he would run them into the ground and not back off on physical practices all week during the regular season. As I understand it, there is a whole science behind this where you are not supposed to practice full contact every day. I can tell you when I played we would take the day after a game off, but then resume full contact almost immediately, however, I am older and things have changed. They've even got that down to the best days to peak or maximize your level of play based on the days you rest vs days you practice full contact and the timing of it. My understanding is that Pelini does far less full contact practices during the week in season than the previous coach and also works to prevent soft tissue injuries utilizing new hydration practices and stretching.

Players described mid October as Wolford's Grind and they said he made it really difficult on them to heal. Apparently the S@C coach was also a bafoon and allowed this to go on. One of first coaches to be fired by Pelini when he interviewed them all.

Not sure how much that matters as we didn't use it when I played, but in today's world and level of competition it just may matter and be a large factor. I can also say that injuries appear to be less severe under Pelini at this point in the season overall. Last year we would have been softened up and missing several after a physical game with Illinois State, however this year we came out relatively healthy in what was described as bumps and bruises.

The Yo Show
October 16th, 2015, 07:41 AM
Interesting that you state that. I was told that part of the reason for the late meltdowns was due in part by the practices of the previous coach. I'm no expert here, but I was told that he would run them into the ground and not back off on physical practices all week during the regular season. As I understand it, there is a whole science behind this where you are not supposed to practice full contact every day. I can tell you when I played we would take the day after a game off, but then resume full contact almost immediately, however, I am older and things have changed. They've even got that down to the best days to peak or maximize your level of play based on the days you rest vs days you practice full contact and the timing of it. My understanding is that Pelini does far less full contact practices during the week in season than the previous coach and also works to prevent soft tissue injuries utilizing new hydration practices and stretching.

Players described mid October as Wolford's Grind and they said he made it really difficult on them to heal. Apparently the S@C coach was also a bafoon and allowed this to go on. One of first coaches to be fired by Pelini when he interviewed them all.

Not sure how much that matters as we didn't use it when I played, but in today's world and level of competition it just may matter and be a large factor. I can also say that injuries appear to be less severe under Pelini at this point in the season overall. Last year we would have been softened up and missing several after a physical game with Illinois State, however this year we came out relatively healthy in what was described as bumps and bruises.

Not to disagree, and I like the new strength and conditioning coach, but I thought the old one (cochran) quit due to family issues?

penguinpower
October 16th, 2015, 08:31 AM
Not to disagree, and I like the new strength and conditioning coach, but I thought the old one (cochran) quit due to family issues?

Not really the case. I am not at liberty to say, but it was not for family issues and more around professional issues.

CappinHard
October 17th, 2015, 09:13 AM
I just have a feeling that there will be some motivation by players to avenge the hobo day loss last year. The players really don't like losing on hobo day. With that extra push, I see them winning by 3. I'm very excited though, it should be a great game.

penguinpower
October 17th, 2015, 10:23 AM
My impression is that most of the Dakota fans as well as UNI fans do not believe Youngstown is a top tier mvfc team so if that is the case then why do so many believe this will be a great game?

ursus arctos horribilis
October 17th, 2015, 10:40 AM
My impression is that most of the Dakota fans as well as UNI fans do not believe Youngstown is a top tier mvfc team so if that is the case then why do so many believe this will be a great game?

Just jumped to the end here but I see this done a lot and it is usually taking many different people's thoughts and homogenizing them as a particular "base" thought when it is just not what any particular individual said. Is that what some individuals have said cuz if so then I agree that is pretty strange thinking on their part.

FWIW, I am not sure if YSU is a top tier team this season, they very well may be but they have done this several times where I think they are gonna be really good and then they wipe out in the end...but if they are this time then I think this will be a very good game.

Daved
October 17th, 2015, 10:58 AM
I think this game will demonstrate whether they are a top tier team or not--had they not played that game with RMU I would state that they are because they hung with ILS and Pitt but this game should state whether they are or not as the bunnies have a reputation for blowing them out in what should've been close games.Hopefully the "BO" factor will make a difference this time.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 17th, 2015, 11:15 AM

We'll see come November and if Pellini has changed the mindset. Wolford's teams crapped their pants consistently in November in the past.

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2015, 12:03 PM

Because of how many times you guys have fallen apart at the end of the year I think a lot of people are hesitant to put YSU in the top tier, but they realize YSU is a potent team right now. So it's more of a wait and see on the top tier thing.

clenz
October 17th, 2015, 01:01 PM
2013 is a prime example of why people don't trust YSU

clenz
October 17th, 2015, 01:12 PM
2013 is a prime example of why people don't trust YSU

BisonTru
October 17th, 2015, 03:10 PM
YSU fumbles the opening kickoff

BisonTru
October 17th, 2015, 03:11 PM
TD Jacks. Taryn gets the start.

centennial
October 17th, 2015, 03:12 PM
SDSU 7
YSU 0

Kemo
October 17th, 2015, 03:12 PM
2 plays after the fumble recovery, Jacks score on a 5 yard Mengarelli TD run

mmiller_34
October 17th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Couldn't ask for a better start for the Jacks. Special teams and Offense came to play. Now let's see what the D brought

penguinpower
October 17th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Damnit they need to add more cameras.

mmiller_34
October 17th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Penguins again with mistakes before they even get the ball. Returner catches it going out of bounds and then a personal foul on YsU

centennial
October 17th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Bo Pelini is not going to be happy.

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2015, 03:19 PM
SDSU holds at the 47 and the YSU punter pins them at the 2 yd line

Edit: Mengarelli gets stopped in the end zone trying to bounce outside after getting stopped at the LOS. BIG MISTAKE.

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2015, 03:21 PM
7-2 SDSU

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2015, 03:24 PM
And SDSU shanks the free kick. YSU ball at the 50. JFC

Drblankstare
October 17th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Is this game not on ESPN 3? I'm not seeing it

BisonTru
October 17th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Is this game not on ESPN 3? I'm not seeing it

Yes

mmiller_34
October 17th, 2015, 03:46 PM
7-2 at the end of the 1st. It was a weird first quarter. Christion doesn't look at loose as he was against Indiana State. SDSU defense looking okay so far.

The Yo Show
October 17th, 2015, 03:52 PM
The penguins offense needs to show some signs of life.

RabidRabbit
October 17th, 2015, 03:57 PM
Nice INT by Butler, SDSU. Jacks take over at their own 48. Parris breaks up center to YSU 31.

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Paris bounces it outside for a TD for SDSU.

penguinpower
October 17th, 2015, 04:00 PM
QB is looking down every receiver

RabidRabbit
October 17th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Jacks up 17-2 at 10:42 left in 2nd.

Kemo
October 17th, 2015, 04:01 PM
So I'm pretty sure Kyle Paris has more rushing yards this half than he's had his entire career, and he's a junior.

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2015, 04:02 PM
So I'm pretty sure Kyle Paris has more rushing yards this half than he's had his entire career, and he's a junior.

And I'm not upset in the slightest xlolx

The Yo Show
October 17th, 2015, 04:07 PM
And I'm not upset in the slightest xlolx

Why would you ever get upset by something like that? Lol

centennial
October 17th, 2015, 04:10 PM
The old YSU is BACK

centennial
October 17th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Should have been called PI.

penguinpower
October 17th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Just found out the 2 nest OL are pit of the game. No reasons given. New center and guard.

The Yo Show
October 17th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Really? Thats nuts. Why do we not find out about that sooner?

Kemo
October 17th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Should have been called PI.

P.I. as in "party invite" because I pretty sure that was what Bo was discussing with official on the sideline :)

penguinpower
October 17th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Turnovers killing YSU

- - - Updated - - -

Penalties also killing YSU

Kemo
October 17th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Youngstown D-ends are good. They are just wrecking our tackles on passing downs.

penguinpower
October 17th, 2015, 04:27 PM
YSU offense is starting to awaken

penguinpower
October 17th, 2015, 04:30 PM
YSU puts in backup QB and he stumbles short of fist down. Wtf

RabidRabbit
October 17th, 2015, 04:31 PM
YSu FG to end half. Jacks lead 17-5 at half.

Kemo
October 17th, 2015, 05:05 PM
Rivers down for YSU. That would be a big loss if he can't come back in the game or lose him for longer.

RabidRabbit
October 17th, 2015, 05:13 PM
YSU O has no running game vs Jacks D, and QB can't hit broadsided barns. Not a good combo for a Guins W.

Kemo
October 17th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Rivers back in the game just an FYI. Good to see considering how long he was down.

penguinpower
October 17th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Why would YSU run the ball with so many in the box and a mixed up OL? They need to run a hurry up.

- - - Updated - - -

YSU defense on the field all day

penguinpower
October 17th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Rivers has a shoulder stinger

Kemo
October 17th, 2015, 05:25 PM
YSU with a field goal. 17-8 Jacks.

Kemo
October 17th, 2015, 05:28 PM
Trevor Wesley takes the kickoff to the 6 yard line.

penguinpower
October 17th, 2015, 05:32 PM
YSU QB has regressed from last year.

RabidRabbit
October 17th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Kyle Paris with 2nd TD Rush. 102 yds for Paris thru 3. Jacks up 24 to 8 over Guins.

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2015, 05:51 PM
Taryn takes one 70 yds for a TD! Not bad for a frosh.

Kemo
October 17th, 2015, 05:53 PM
Taryn takes one 70 yds for a TD! Not bad for a frosh.

Never seen an SDSU QB do that before.

RabidRabbit
October 17th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Wasn't Taryn a member of the 4x100 SD track champs? That guy can move. I can't remember the last time Jacks had a true running QB.

penguinpower
October 17th, 2015, 06:00 PM
I like Paris. Good RB. YSU is just ****ty. I'm not watching the rest of the year.

Offense sucks ass

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2015, 06:02 PM
Man SDSU down to the YSU 5 again. This is getting ugly.

Kemo
October 17th, 2015, 06:07 PM
Taryn Christion. Laser. TD.

penguinpower
October 17th, 2015, 06:10 PM
If we played ten times we wouldn't win once.

RabidRabbit
October 17th, 2015, 06:15 PM
YSU D, pretty fair. YSU O, D+ grade. Everybody was looking at this game as to who was a contender vs pretender. Jacks-Contender. Lots of tough MVFC games left for both teams. It'll be interesting if YSU takes down NDSU.

Kemo
October 17th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Final. 38-8, Jackrabbits.

Twentysix
October 17th, 2015, 06:27 PM
YSU D, pretty fair. YSU O, D+ grade. Everybody was looking at this game as to who was a contender vs pretender. Jacks-Contender. Lots of tough MVFC games left for both teams. It'll be interesting if YSU takes down NDSU.

Congrats to USD, but don't count on it. :p

ysubigred
October 17th, 2015, 06:32 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/i_sandbag_shirt-r0335feb50d36479bacd9be7bd63bd679_iq3a2_1024.jpg

I told you all,, No sandbagging. YSU CAN NOT beat a big physical team. Until Bo can replace the team Wolford recruited with some big physical players YSU will not be able to win in the MVFC.

Great game by SDSU you all rock!!

penguinpower
October 17th, 2015, 07:41 PM
This^^^^^^^^^

penguinpower
October 17th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Pelini post game

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wqLsBhiK36Y

RabidRabbit
October 17th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Jacks D stopped Guins for ZERO TD's. D got 1 INT, and special teams played outstanding (- botched KO return, which left Jacks starting at their own 4). Except for the NDSU game, Jacks have been dynamite on D. And Jacks' big performer, Wieneke, was only a mildly used receiver today. It was the Jacks #3 back, Kyle Paris, who had the big day running. Mostly up the gut, and he seemed to shed the first YSU tackler 5 out of 6 times, to bust 20-25 yd runs.

If YSU has a top rated defense, what happened today?

That was a very pleasing performance by the Jacks. The kick-off choices by the Jacks also kept Guins guessing all night, with virtually no return yards.

penguinpower
October 17th, 2015, 09:34 PM
What happened today was the defense was on the field the entire game. Worst offensive performance I've seen in a decade. You can't do that and expect to win. You can give up kickoff returns to the 4 yard line. You can't fumble inside the 20. No **** you guys scored on them. You can't go 1 for 11 on 3rd down or whatever it was.

Are you really that ****ing stupid or are you baiting?

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2015, 09:49 PM

Are you gonna disappear until Youngstown looks good again? We don't need your whiny attacks on people every time your team chokes again. There are plenty of good Penguin fans to keep us up to date on what happens over there. xlolx

Theee Catrabbit
October 18th, 2015, 08:54 AM

Hey.....take it easy Francis. He was trying to be cordial.......your team sucks. For me it's not hard to tell you that.

LeeshaJo
October 18th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Why is it a team that everyone considered to be good until we beat them, then sucks? I would rather say SDSU is just that much better than YSU. Now YSU go win the rest of your games please.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Theee Catrabbit
October 18th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Why is it a team that everyone considered to be good until we beat them, then sucks? I would rather say SDSU is just that much better than YSU. Now YSU go win the rest of your games please.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

You are right, SDSU is just that much better than YSU. That's why we were ranked higher and will remain so. Always the voice of reason LeeshaJo.

RabidRabbit
October 18th, 2015, 10:07 AM
If SDSU had beaten NDSU, would SDSU be #1 now. According to Sagarin OR MASSEY, answer would be yes. But didn't. So because of that one loss, Jacks are not about the best in FCS? We'll see through the rest of schedule, but currently looks like IL St/WIU winner vs Jacks will determine Mvfc auto bid.

ValleyTalk
October 18th, 2015, 10:27 AM
That was a good old fashion ass whooping. I personally love SDSU's physicality and style. Congrats on the win Rabbits!

I liked what was said in the postgame press conference by Bo and Rivers. Let's see if it is all talk or not.

dewey
October 18th, 2015, 08:30 PM
We'll see through the rest of schedule, but currently looks like IL St/WIU winner vs Jacks will determine Mvfc auto bid.

I know NDSU lost this last weekend but they are still very much in the thick for the MVFC auto bid but now they need the unbeaten conference teams to lose.

Dewey

ST_Lawson
October 18th, 2015, 08:46 PM
I know NDSU lost this last weekend but they are still very much in the thick for the MVFC auto bid but now they need the unbeaten conference teams to lose.

Dewey

How about we go 4-1 the rest of the season, taking down Illinois State next weekend and then losing to you guys in early November. Deal?

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2015, 09:40 AM
How about we go 4-1 the rest of the season, taking down Illinois State next weekend and then losing to you guys in early November. Deal?

I was thinking we win out and take it due to other team's losses

I actually think everyone has underrated SDSU. I think there is a good chance they make some noise in the playoffs

RabidRabbit
October 19th, 2015, 01:39 PM
I was thinking we win out and take it due to other team's losses

I actually think everyone has underrated SDSU. I think there is a good chance they make some noise in the playoffs

SDSU is just too blasted close to NDSU for the regionalization focused play off committee. SDSU was ndsu's toughest pre-championship game in 2012 & 2014 play offs. But because those games occurred in round of 16, SDSU received no credit for maybe being a top 10 team those of years. Jacks also were playing in Fargo, a notoriously tough place to get a road win. Jacks are unbeaten in FCS play offs in Brookings. Given the cold weather advantage Jacks enjoy, I like their chances vs any opponent in Dec in Brookings. Only once in wintery conditions have I seen Jacks lose (Vs EWU @ Cheny)

So key for Jack play offs is seed, and home field. Something they have not obtained last 3 years.

Bison56
October 19th, 2015, 02:48 PM
What happened today was the defense was on the field the entire game. Worst offensive performance I've seen in a decade. You can't do that and expect to win. You can give up kickoff returns to the 4 yard line. You can't fumble inside the 20. No **** you guys scored on them. You can't go 1 for 11 on 3rd down or whatever it was.

I wonder if you were stomping your feet when you typed this?

CappinHard
October 19th, 2015, 03:27 PM

Probably had his eyes closed and ears plugged too... holding his breath... something like this:

https://pmchollywoodlife.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/isla-fisher-and-wedding-crashers-gallery.jpg?w=470&h=202

penguinpower
October 21st, 2015, 08:38 AM

Yep

penguinpower
October 21st, 2015, 08:39 AM
YSU OL is a complete mess right now. They may not recover.

RabidRabbit
October 21st, 2015, 02:02 PM
YSU OL is a complete mess right now. They may not recover.

Siu top rated offense vs YSU top rated defense (even after SDSU game). Who shows up in Carbondale? NDSU did same thing to Jacks two weeks prior that SDSU did to YSU. So last week's outcome doesn't really dictate this week's play. Hope its a good game for Guins in Carbondale. Another week for Guins like last week would be devastating for YSU play off hopes.

Sycamore62
October 21st, 2015, 02:25 PM
sdsu will put up points

Sycamore62
October 21st, 2015, 06:27 PM
sdsu will put up points

Woops. SIU