PDA

View Full Version : CS Coaches Mentioned for Stanford Job

GoAgs72
December 5th, 2006, 10:31 AM
CS coaches Bob Biggs (UC Davis) and Jim Harbaugh(San Diego) have been mentioned for the Stanford vacancy. Chris Petersen (Boise State - former UC Davis QB) has also been mentioned. A loss of any of these three would have a serious negative impact on their programs. Fortunately, none of three appear to be front runners.

http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/collegesports/2006/12/04/who-stanford-is-not-going-to-hire/

th0m
December 5th, 2006, 10:36 AM
I'd think that from Boise State to Stanford isn't really a step up.

GoAgs72
December 5th, 2006, 10:53 AM
I'm not quite sure it's a step up for any of them considering the job security they have where they are now. But if they give you a lucrative five year contract and buy you out after two years when you find Stanford is a nearly impossible situation, you may still come out ahead financially.

Pard4Life
December 5th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Harbaugh to Stanford would be a very interesting move... one that could work well.

DUPFLFan
December 5th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Harbaugh is not a CS coach...

For those who say he is... prove it.

3yards
December 7th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Harbaugh is not a CS coach...

For those who say he is... prove it.

You sound angry! What are you trying to say?

poly51
December 7th, 2006, 06:23 PM
I'd think that from Boise State to Stanford isn't really a step up.

As far as quality of football is concerned it would be a step down. However when it comes to money, tradition and history it is a step up. I think Stanford is second only to Harvard in money.

ucdtim17
December 7th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Stanford's got a half billion dollar athletic endowment. They are unrivaled in that area