PDA

View Full Version : BVG to Texas?

BeauFoster
December 5th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Saw this link on TSCSports. Discuss...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texas/stories/120506dnspoutvangorder.54a77fd5.html

OL FU
December 5th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Would he take it?
and if he would, wouldn't that be a big step toward saying, I am not head coaching material?

He is 47 and my guess is he wants to be a head coach somewhere.

DinoDex200
December 5th, 2006, 09:58 AM
As I said over at MMB...I still can't understand why he left UGA if he wanted to be a coach at a BCS school. It's much more likely to get that job going from an SEC Powerhouse than it is going from an NFL Assistant Non-Coordinator or a SoCon Head Coach.

Baldy
December 5th, 2006, 10:07 AM
The knee-jerkers are having a field day with this eventhough our AD said:

"Georgia Southern coach Brian VanGorder is not a candidate for the defensive coordinator's position at Texas, Eagles athletics director Sam Baker said Monday.

Several Internet reports had circulated in recent days about Georgia Southern's first-year coach interviewing with Texas coach Mack Brown about the Longhorns' vacancy. VanGorder did not return a phone call seeking comment, but his boss was happy to speak on the coach's behalf.

"There's nothing to that," Baker said. "Coach VanGorder has been right here working hard and recruiting for Georgia Southern. He and I have been working together to do what we have to do to get ready for next season. ... I have one rule with my coaches — and that's that they let me know if they're going to talk to anybody else about a job. That's just an Internet rumor."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2006/12/04/1205vangorder.html

AND Mack Brown has publicly said he isn't going to interview candidates for the position until after Texas' bowl game.

xlolx xidiotx

JDC325
December 5th, 2006, 04:14 PM
We really really really could have done without this especially this year. Just more ammo for the CVG knee jerk fanatic haters. I guess when it rains it really does pour. To bad we started the rain ourselves :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

GaSouthern
December 5th, 2006, 05:29 PM
its all crap based from an E-MAIL from statesboro that some retard sent a reporter in austin... im not joking either.

BeauFoster
December 5th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the situation. When all you have is one article (and 7 pages of TSC), you don't really have a clue as to what is going on.

JohnStOnge
December 5th, 2006, 05:42 PM
All I know is that I'm pretty sure Georgia Southern screwed up by ditching an offensive identity that made it the most successful I-AA program in history when there was really no reason to and the offensive system was still putting up a whole lot of yards and points. Time will tell.

Seven Would Be Nice
December 5th, 2006, 06:09 PM
its all crap based from an E-MAIL from statesboro that some retard sent a reporter in austin... im not joking either.

Post that on TSCsports then, because I just came from there.. the thread is 10 pages in one day, and I think their server just crashed...

JDC325
December 5th, 2006, 06:14 PM

Again...:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

GaSouthern
December 5th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Post that on TSCsports then, because I just came from there.. the thread is 10 pages in one day, and I think their server just crashed...

It has been on the site for awhile, but only paying members could see the information. NOW, there is a post on the main forum though.

bobbythekidd
December 5th, 2006, 07:54 PM
I was really hoping this would not get posted on here. For most of the day, it was looking good. Now that it is known to be a malicious rumor, it just seems like more dirty laundry from Statesboro. I can't wait till we start seeing positive posts from guys with blue hemets again.

SouthernEagle02
December 5th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Why did an App St. fan go air our laundry for the world to see it? :nonono2:

gsugt1
December 5th, 2006, 08:56 PM

Actually someone emailed the reporter "after the fact" to gather info. The reporter wasn't emailed the info about BVG and Texas.

GaSouthern
December 5th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Actually someone emailed the reporter "after the fact" to gather info. The reporter wasn't emailed the info about BVG and Texas.

Your correct. :)

Seven Would Be Nice
December 5th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Savannah news mentioned it tonight...:confused:

bobbythekidd
December 6th, 2006, 01:17 AM
You are leaving out the 10 or so posts that were deleated from the thread and the thread started after that, also deleted from the site.

BeauFoster
December 6th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Why did an App St. fan go air our laundry for the world to see it? :nonono2:

1. This is an FCS message board and the last time I checked, GSU played in said division

2. It was the lead article on TSC website, a (partially) free site for all to read.

AppGuy04
December 6th, 2006, 07:22 AM
1. This is an FCS message board and the last time I checked, GSU played in said division

2. It was the lead article on TSC website, a (partially) free site for all to read.

Let them air their own laundry Beau, I think they enjoy this b/c they sure are bringing themselves down alot

BeauFoster
December 6th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Just to wrap things up (hope I am not over-stepping my bounds here), this is now the lead on TSC. It clears up much of the confusion.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2006/12/05/vangorder_not_a_dc_candidate.html

blueballs
December 6th, 2006, 08:38 AM
All I know is that I'm pretty sure Georgia Southern screwed up by ditching an offensive identity that made it the most successful I-AA program in history when there was really no reason to and the offensive system was still putting up a whole lot of yards and points. Time will tell.

No truer words have ever been spoken.

SoCon48
December 6th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Just to wrap things up (hope I am not over-stepping my bounds here), this is now the lead on TSC. It clears up much of the confusion.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2006/12/05/vangorder_not_a_dc_candidate.html

I'd say he'd have to go better than 3-8 before Mack will be calling him.xcoffeex

JDC325
December 6th, 2006, 09:09 AM

True, and I am glad you said Georgia Southern and not VanGorder since he did not fire Sewak or hire himself. To many people on our board were never going to give him a fair chance due to the loyalty to Sewak, not hiring within the GSU family once again, or him not continuing to use the Triple O even thought WE DARN WELL KNEW he was not a Triple O coach or had ever been around it in his coaching career. It has been a year where every statement and action he has made is twisted into some slap in the face to GSU "tradition". Has he made mistakes this year or made some comments he wishes he could take back sure but so HAS EVERY OTHER COACH IN THE COUNTRY but the fanatics on TSC were and are hell bent on running him out of town since the day he was hired. Alot of coaches every year meet with or listen to offers and they would be absolutely stupid not too if they give to rats butt about their family....and lets not get into what VanGorder's family has had to deal with from some of the bottom of the DNA cess pool fanatics we have.:mad:

Seven Would Be Nice
December 6th, 2006, 10:10 AM

That was posted on the tsc site as well. Unfortunately the people that fuel this rumor refuse to listen to anything our AD says. So in their minds the AD, HC, and President should all be fired immediately because everything they say is a lie, all they do is cover up each others lies, and they are conspiring to bring the GSU program down as quick as possible.

xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

why do I still go on that site??:bang: :bang:

Sly Fox
December 6th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I will be shocked if Jerry Gray isn't hired for that position at UT. Shocked.