PDA

View Full Version : Wofford- The Citadel game

woffordgrad94
October 6th, 2015, 06:16 AM
First and most importantly, I want to send all my best wishes to the people of The Citadel and Charleston. They have been dealing with some major flooding down there. I hope everyone is okay. The game this weekend is secondary to that. But I was wondering if the game is still going to be as able to be played as scheduled in Chasrleston, or if it might be postponed or moved to an alternate site (perhaps even Spartanburg)? But again, I wish the best for our friends in the Lowcounty in wake of this disaster.

CID1990
October 6th, 2015, 08:09 AM
NO.

You will slog in the mud with us in General Johnson Hagood, CSA, stadium. You will enjoy our accommodations, greatest of which is the General Micah Jenkins, CSA, Memorial Pisswall, and then hopefully Clay and Buffy will paddle their collective canoes back up I-26 to Sparkle City to contemplate the end of Wofford's winning streak*.

*which is only intact today because geriatric SoCon refs apparently did not have to submit to vision tests to secure their stations.

woffordgrad94
October 6th, 2015, 08:50 AM
Uh, ok, thanks I guess. We have played you guys better in Charleston than in Spartanburg anyway recently. And don't criticize the poor refs. I paid them boys good money to keep that streak alive in any way they could...they were only doing what they were supposed to. xwhistlexxsmiley_wix

citdog
October 6th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Whatever happens it will be a quick game. What is the over under for combined pass attempts? I got 7.

woffordgrad94
October 6th, 2015, 11:38 AM
I'll take under. Wofford MAY attempt a pass or two. We will definitely run the fullback up thd mddle fifty times, which is frustrating as hell to watch, even if it is a big part of running the option. This game might only take two hours regardless of the score.

ElCid
October 7th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Whatever happens it will be a quick game. What is the over under for combined pass attempts? I got 7.

I actually think it might be more. I will go with 15. The Citadel - 4-9-1, 1 TD and Wofford - 4-6-0, 0 TD

In any case there will be a lot of commercials trying to fill up 3 hours. The man with the red hat will be busy. No ESPN 3 and it lasts 2:20 max

Catamount87
October 8th, 2015, 01:21 PM
The Citadel has averaged 8 passes per game this year, Wofford has averaged 9.6. So, 15 might be a touch low. I'm going with 10 for The Citadel because Wofford's pass defense is suspect and 8 for Wofford because will want to control the clock more.

woffordgrad94
October 8th, 2015, 10:06 PM
The Citadel has averaged 8 passes per game this year, Wofford has averaged 9.6. So, 15 might be a touch low. I'm going with 10 for The Citadel because Wofford's pass defense is suspect and 8 for Wofford because will want to control the clock more.
"Suspect" is a very kind way of putting it. I think one of the biggest reason for the existence of the Wofford streak against El Cid is the very fact that they don't throw a lot of passes. They, like us, mainly feature the run, which we are and always have been much better at defending. So yes, if I was in charge of the offensive game plan for The Citadel, I would definitely try to incorporate a few more passes into my offense this week. But coaches can be a stubborn lot at times when it comes to changing things up...I know ours can. So whether of not these teams throw more passes than usual definitely remains to be seen and I tend to not think they will.

APaladindad
October 9th, 2015, 12:03 AM
NO.

You will slog in the mud with us in General Johnson Hagood, CSA, stadium. You will enjoy our accommodations, greatest of which is the General Micah Jenkins, CSA, Memorial Pisswall, and then hopefully Clay and Buffy will paddle their collective canoes back up I-26 to Sparkle City to contemplate the end of Wofford's winning streak*.

*which is only intact today because geriatric SoCon refs apparently did not have to submit to vision tests to secure their stations. Since you got enough water to fill that toilet bowl; would one of you please remember to pull the flush lever. it needs a good flush and clean!

citdog
October 9th, 2015, 01:06 AM
Since you got enough water to fill that toilet bowl; would one of you please remember to pull the flush lever. it needs a good flush and clean!

Greenville is full of religious fanatics and UpState white trash one generation removed from the textile mills.

CID1990
October 9th, 2015, 03:56 AM
Since you got enough water to fill that toilet bowl; would one of you please remember to pull the flush lever. it needs a good flush and clean!

If the pisswall was good enough for General Lee it is good enough for you inbred upstate mouthbreathing snake handlers.

ElCid
October 10th, 2015, 10:44 PM

I guess you were closer with 18... actual 25! Go figure.

The Citadel - 7-10-0, 1 TD, 125 Yd
Wofford - 8-15-1, 0 TD 127 Yd