PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 4 - 2015 edition

bonarae
October 3rd, 2015, 11:10 PM
The following teams are already contenders for the Ivy title so far: Harvard, Princeton, Yale and Dartmouth.

Harvard at Cornell
Brown at Holy Cross - both teams greatly improved last game.
Fordham at Penn
Colgate at Princeton
Yale at Dartmouth - first game to determine the contenders from the middle-of-the-pack
Wagner at Columbia - not sure when Columbia will get a W, now that Savannah State (a peer of Columbia's on the HBCU side) got its first full-D-I win in football today since 2004. Just not this game, although Wagner is already weaker with a recent coach.

bulldog10jw
October 3rd, 2015, 11:15 PM
Harvard
Holy Cross
Fordham
Colgate
Dartmouth - Yale has been OK. Dartmouth has been very good and their at home. Hope I'm wrong.
Columbia

Ivytalk
October 4th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Harvard
Holy Cross
Fordham
Princeton
Dartmouth
Wagner

Son of Eli
October 4th, 2015, 08:53 PM
The following teams are already contenders for the Ivy title so far: Harvard, Princeton, Yale and Dartmouth.

Harvard at Cornell
Brown at Holy Cross - both teams greatly improved last game.
Fordham at Penn
Colgate at Princeton
Yale at Dartmouth - first game to determine the contenders from the middle-of-the-pack
Wagner at Columbia - not sure when Columbia will get a W, now that Savannah State (a peer of Columbia's on the HBCU side) got its first full-D-I win in football today since 2004. Just not this game, although Wagner is already weaker with a recent coach.

The Ivy League is currently 10-6 in OOC play and has winning records against both the CAA and the Patriot League. This is not your father's Ivy League, it's your grandfathers. I look for the Ivy League to continue its winning ways in OOC play. Here are my picks:

Harvard (by three touchdowns)
Brown- ( Brown usually is a slow starter but gets better as the season progresses)
Fordham (Penn doesn't have two miracles to use)
Princeton (the real Princeton was against Lehigh, not Coulumbia in the rain)
Yale ( this will be another signature victory for Reno to go with Army and Cal Poly)
Columbia ( good scheduling finally sets up Columbia to end the streak. Bagnoli won't let this opportunity go by)

World
October 5th, 2015, 03:05 AM
Harvard
Holy Cross
Fordham
Princeton
Dartmouth
Columbia

Go Green
October 5th, 2015, 05:54 AM

Unless Yale gets some injured players back for Saturday, it's very difficult to see how Yale can stay within single digits of Dartmouth.

bulldog10jw
October 10th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Harvard
Holy Cross
Fordham
Colgate
Dartmouth - Yale has been OK. Dartmouth has been very good and their at home. Hope I'm wrong.
Columbia

I had a feeling about Brown, but went against my first instinct.

I did not have that same feeling about Princeton but they are starting to make me believe they could seriously contend. Makes me wonder what happened last year.

bonarae
October 10th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Harvard 40, Cornell 3
Brown 25, Holy Cross 24 - it was really that close.
Fordham 48, Penn 45 - I wonder how low Fordham should go down, given that other playoff contenders from the South, Intermountain West and Midwest choked this week.
Princeton 44, Colgate 20 - Surace predicted it (possibility of going undefeated), just two years late.
Dartmouth 35, Yale 3 - I was wrong xoopsx
Columbia 26, Wagner 3 - I was wrong once again. It's apparently the first time in a long time that Columbia and Rhody both won in the same week.