PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-3

JALMOND
October 1st, 2015, 01:01 AM
30-10 heading in to this weekend. Here are this week's predictions.

ISU at CP---The Mustangs are hoping a game against the Bengals will bounce them back into the winning column. What it is beginning to look like is all teams will use the Bengals to feel good again...CP 45, ISU 21.

UM at UCD---After a good win last week, the Grizzlies take their show back on the road with a game against the Aggies. Playing at home, can the Aggies get a big win by knocking off the Grizzlies...UM 35, UCD 20.

MSU at NAU---The Bobcats are riding high after a big home win last week. Now they hit the road against an eager Lumberjacks squad hoping to get back winning again...NAU 38, MSU 34.

UND at PSU---At the beginning of the year, who would have thought the Vikings and the Dakotans would be a combined 6-1 with 2 FBS wins. Who would have thought this game would be as big as it is, for now...PSU 28, UND 14.

UNC at SAC---The Bears have had some good moments, the Hornets have had some bad moments, but this is conference play now, where the home team comes to play...SAC 28, UNC 17.

SUU at WSU---Its hard to get an accurate reading from the Thunderbirds season so far so this will be a big test against the Wildcats, who are getting some strong play on offense...WSU 28, SUU 14.

mvemjsunpx
October 1st, 2015, 02:26 AM
Friday

Suutah 20-30 Weber — Whoever wins can keep their delusions of adequacy alive

Saturday

NoDak 10-20 Portland St. — A few timely pass completions should make the difference in this one

Idaho St. 24-48 Cal Poly — The 'Stangs may be struggling, but to nowhere near the level of the Bungles

Montana 37-14 Davis — It won't be quite as ugly as 2013, but Davis just isn't good

NoCo 17-34 Sac State — Northern Colorado looks uncompetitive even by Northern Colorado standards

Montana St. 45-38 NAU — The 'Jacks just don't seem to have quite as many horses as usual this year

eiu1999
October 1st, 2015, 08:24 AM
ISU at CP
UM at UCD
MSU at NAU
UND at PSU
UNC at SAC
SUU at WSU

Hambone
October 1st, 2015, 08:54 AM
Weber over SUU 28-17
UND over PSU 24-20
Cal Poly over Idaho St 42-24
Montana over Davis 35-21
Sac State over UNC 31-20
Montana State over NAU 42-31

SeattleBobcat
October 1st, 2015, 10:08 AM
ISU@CP 38-21 CP
UM@UCD 24-21 UM
MSU@NAU 54-24 MSU
UND@PSU 31-21 PSU
UNC@SAC 27-25 SAC
SUU@WSU 21-20 WSU

Grizalltheway
October 1st, 2015, 10:19 AM
CP
UM
NAU
PSU
UNC
WSU

tomq04
October 1st, 2015, 10:24 AM
Suutah 30 - 21Weber — Thunderbirds defense shows up for the road win.

NoDak 14-24 Portland St. — Portland St. continues their winning ways, making their case for #1 against a stout NoDak defense.

Idaho St. 24-48 Cal Poly — The 'Stangs make a statement win

Montana 37-14 Davis — Davis holds on for a half, and the wheels come off in the 2nd.

NoCo 17-34 Sac State — Northern Colorado looks uncompetitive even by Northern Colorado standards

Montana St. 45-38 NAU — MSU wants to remain significant and puts away the jacks at home.

Grizzlies82
October 1st, 2015, 11:27 AM
Be BOLD and go BIG, or GO home.

So Utah over Weber
No Dakota over Portland
Cal Poly over Idaho St
Montana over UC Davis
No Colorado over Sacramento
No Arizona over stunned bobcats.

Nodak78
October 1st, 2015, 12:03 PM
Weber over So Utah
UND over PSU
Cal Poly over Idaho St
Montana over UC Davis
Sac State over UNC
No Arizona over MSU

RabidRabbit
October 1st, 2015, 12:40 PM
ISU at CP
UM at UCD
MSU at NAU
UND at PSU
UNC at SAC
SUU at WSU

bobcathpdevil56
October 1st, 2015, 12:51 PM
A quick question for Griz fans. Seems most AGSers here think that the NAU offense is superior to the CP offense. You have played both, is this true? I know that CP is a very distinct offense, but realistically do most of you think NAU will score more points then CP did?

nevadagriz
October 1st, 2015, 01:09 PM
A quick question for Griz fans. Seems most AGSers here think that the NAU offense is superior to the CP offense. You have played both, is this true? I know that CP is a very distinct offense, but realistically do most of you think NAU will score more points then CP did?
NO! Nau has a good qb and if the cats get pressure you can rattle him. I think his injury to ankle or foot has him a little less mobile then he would like to be.
Difference is msu will score touchdowns and not fgs like the griz did making nau play from behind. I see the cats winning by 3+ tds.

Grizalltheway
October 1st, 2015, 02:15 PM

Hard to say. Butler for NAU is the real deal, and he could definitely burn the Bobcat defense if they don't watch him. Their RB Jahn also looked pretty good to me, so I guess it depends on which Bobcat defense shows up.

bobcathpdevil56
October 1st, 2015, 03:27 PM
Hard to say. Butler for NAU is the real deal, and he could definitely burn the Bobcat defense if they don't watch him. Their RB Jahn also looked pretty good to me, so I guess it depends on which Bobcat defense shows up.

Very good point. You never know what you are gonna get when the Bobcat Defense takes the field. Hopefully, a trend was started last Saturday.

Grizzlies82
October 2nd, 2015, 08:46 AM

No wouldn't say NAU offense is superior to Cal Poly's, but believe it is capable of scoring far more points. Note the word used is "capable". Poly runs a difficult offense to defend but their 28 pts versus the cats was probably close to their top end. They had no answer to stop the bobcat offense and they're just not built to win a track meet type game. Versus Poly, Montana's offense sputtered and was awful in that game letting let the mustangs get away with a low scoring win.

On the other hand Montana made No Arizona's offense look awful. However their QB can throw and just two big plays made that game look close. So while I picked NAU to win this week the cats should probably get a win down there. I suspect NAU will have success against the cat's defense and score more than Poly did (primarily through the air). So it really comes down to if the jack's defense can slow MSU down. If they can keep the cats around 30 points they will likely pull off the upset. That is quite possible as Flagstaff can be a tough place to play. Yet nobody has managed to slow down the cats offense yet.

Remember you read it here first. Send 10% of your gambling winning to my "Retirement in the south of France Fund".

cpalum
October 2nd, 2015, 11:03 AM
No wouldn't say NAU offense is superior to Cal Poly's, but believe it is capable of scoring far more points. Note the word used is "capable". Poly runs a difficult offense to defend but their 28 pts versus the cats was probably close to their top end. They had no answer to stop the bobcat offense and they're just not built to win a track meet type game. Versus Poly, Montana's offense sputtered and was awful in that game letting let the mustangs get away with a low scoring win.

On the other hand Montana made No Arizona's offense look awful. However their QB can throw and just two big plays made that game look close. So while I picked NAU to win this week the cats should probably get a win down there. I suspect NAU will have success against the cat's defense and score more than Poly did (primarily through the air). So it really comes down to if the jack's defense can slow MSU down. If they can keep the cats around 30 points they will likely pull off the upset. That is quite possible as Flagstaff can be a tough place to play. Yet nobody has managed to slow down the cats offense yet.

Remember you read it here first. Send 10% of your gambling winning to my "Retirement in the south of France Fund".

If any team (and I mean any team) goes up by 21 points on Cal Poly in the first quarter they will A win and B will render the Cal Poly Offense ineffective. In a game where the scoere is kept closer and Cal Poly can do what they do offnseively (e.g. are not forced intgo 3rd and long and/or are forced to pass more often than they woul like) they can score more points. The scores against UNI and MSU were largely a result of them not being able to run the plays that are successful for them. MSU and UNI are very good teams they punched Cal Poly right in the mouth and that is exactly how you beat Cal Poly.

NAU's offense is more dynamic than Cal Poly's, they can do more things but when the Cal Poly offence is really working they are much harder team to beat.

My 2c

catgradtimes2
October 2nd, 2015, 11:20 AM
CP
UM
MSU
PSU
SAC
WSU

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

catbob
October 2nd, 2015, 12:19 PM
I'm not convinced the MSU defense is much better yet. Although 3 straight starts to start the game against CP was a step in the direction, they did allow 3 straight touchdowns on their next 3 possessions before half. We played much more consistent in the 2nd half, and part of that like cpalum said is it went from a 10 point game at half, to a 24 point game in the 3rd quarter, causing CP to be off their game.

The MSU defense has shown bits and pieces of improvement so far this year, but haven't been consistent yet. We are rotating in tons of guys so you can actually see a dropoff between the 1st and 2nd team guys, but the reps these 2nd team guys are getting are invaluable and I actually have hope for once that MSU might actually improve as the season goes on, especially on defense.

I think NAU will be able to move the ball on the Cats. I don't think we have a good pass rush yet, but we are improving. Our tackling in the open field was horrendous against EWU, but much improved against CP but CP isn't a spread team. I'm guessing NAU will have watched tape and decide the way to stop the Cats is to limit the big plays and forcing Prukop to either use his legs or short passes.

I think MSU wins but it'll be close, and maybe not as high scoring as one might expect. 31-24 Cats.

bobcathpdevil56
October 2nd, 2015, 12:22 PM
I'm not convinced the MSU defense is much better yet. Although 3 straight starts to start the game against CP was a step in the direction, they did allow 3 straight touchdowns on their next 3 possessions before half. We played much more consistent in the 2nd half, and part of that like cpalum said is it went from a 10 point game at half, to a 24 point game in the 3rd quarter, causing CP to be off their game.

The MSU defense has shown bits and pieces of improvement so far this year, but haven't been consistent yet. We are rotating in tons of guys so you can actually see a dropoff between the 1st and 2nd team guys, but the reps these 2nd team guys are getting are invaluable and I actually have hope for once that MSU might actually improve as the season goes on, especially on defense.

I think NAU will be able to move the ball on the Cats. I don't think we have a good pass rush yet, but we are improving. Our tackling in the open field was horrendous against EWU, but much improved against CP but CP isn't a spread team. I'm guessing NAU will have watched tape and decide the way to stop the Cats is to limit the big plays and forcing Prukop to either use his legs or short passes.

I think MSU wins but it'll be close, and maybe not as high scoring as one might expect. 31-24 Cats.

I agree. I just didn't think NAU was going to pile on the points as some posters had guessed.

Go Bobcats

bobcathpdevil56
October 3rd, 2015, 08:17 PM
Yep, I couldn't have been more wrong. Cats D is no good.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 3rd, 2015, 08:50 PM
How long before there's serious pressure on Ash? Montana State has great facilities and excellent support but can't seem to get over the hump....

I thought he was going leave after 2013 for that MAC job...

JALMOND
October 3rd, 2015, 11:12 PM
30-10 heading in to this weekend. Here are this week's predictions.

ISU at CP---The Mustangs are hoping a game against the Bengals will bounce them back into the winning column. What it is beginning to look like is all teams will use the Bengals to feel good again...CP 45, ISU 21.

UM at UCD---After a good win last week, the Grizzlies take their show back on the road with a game against the Aggies. Playing at home, can the Aggies get a big win by knocking off the Grizzlies...UM 35, UCD 20.

MSU at NAU---The Bobcats are riding high after a big home win last week. Now they hit the road against an eager Lumberjacks squad hoping to get back winning again...NAU 38, MSU 34.

UND at PSU---At the beginning of the year, who would have thought the Vikings and the Dakotans would be a combined 6-1 with 2 FBS wins. Who would have thought this game would be as big as it is, for now...PSU 28, UND 14.

UNC at SAC---The Bears have had some good moments, the Hornets have had some bad moments, but this is conference play now, where the home team comes to play...SAC 28, UNC 17.

SUU at WSU---Its hard to get an accurate reading from the Thunderbirds season so far so this will be a big test against the Wildcats, who are getting some strong play on offense...WSU 28, SUU 14.

3-3 this week. 33-13 for the year. Hey, I got NAU right.

Grizzlies82
October 4th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Be BOLD and go BIG, or GO home.

So Utah over Weber
No Dakota over Portland
Cal Poly over Idaho St
Montana over UC Davis
No Colorado over Sacramento
No Arizona over stunned bobcats.

Man I am good!
For those piggy backing on my picks, remember to send 10% of your winnings to "Grizzlies82 Retirement to the south of France" Fund.

UNDColorado
October 4th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Man I am good!
For those piggy backing on my picks, remember to send 10% of your winnings to "Grizzlies82 Retirement to the south of France" Fund.

Ha well done!

JALMOND
October 4th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Man I am good!

You da man! xthumbsupx

BisonTru
October 4th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Man I am good!

Can you PM me the Acct and Routing numbers to the fund.

I work with a Nigerian bank and we will need to make a couple small withdrawals before I can wire you your cut.

I also may be a prince if that makes you more comfortable with this process.

Catsfan90
October 4th, 2015, 01:20 PM

I work with a Nigerian bank and we will need to make a couple small withdrawals before I can wire you your cut.

Until you said the prince part I wasn't sure. But than I remember this was the internet, and everything is 100% factual! I have a lot of money I can send you due to the fact the FDA just approved a new drug that I have created guaranteed to grow your genitals by atleast 6 inches, and increase your libido 110%.

Grizzlies82
October 5th, 2015, 07:13 AM

I'm confused Prince BisonTru. I already sent all my bank information to Nigeria in response your earlier email. I intended to contact you anyway.

According to the bank, my "Retirement to the south of France" account was emptied instead of receiving a deposit of $25,000,000 as promised. Obviously it was just a mix up on your part. So please see that the $4.93 is returned when you send the other funds.

Walkon79
October 5th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Glad I didn't do a prediction this week :(

- - - Updated - - -

And yes our "D" sucks, maybe worse than last year and that's saying a lot!!!